Chin Check!!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

UniOmni
Superman sees the DC Earth destroyed by a bunch of Marvel characters.

He gets one shot of pure unadulterated hv off on each, and recharges after each full power blast.

Who survives??

Who survives and is able to still go on?

Prepowerup Surfer

Thor, no mjnollir

Thanos

Mangog

Firelord

WonderMan

Ultron

Hulk

They don't get the option to block or absorb.

Just brace themselves and hope for the best.

Validus
Everyone survives.

Mindship
Who survives??

Prepowerup Surfer
Survives and is able to go on, probably w/o much effect. Star cores don't bother him; Supes' heat vision likely won't either.

Thor, no mjnollir
Survives, but feels it. Mjolner will be missed.

Thanos
Survives, goes on; probably shrugs it off.

Mangog
Survives, goes on; also likely shrugs it off, if with a bigger shrug.

Firelord
Not sure...probably brought to knees by it.

WonderMan
Not sure...probably passes out.

Ultron
Survives it, goes on, but feels it.

Hulk
Survives...brought to knees...unless Supes really pisses him off first.

Deathstroke
Is it just like a 1 second shot of HV?

UniOmni
Full power. His unleashed rage manifested in the hv.

batdude123
Originally posted by UniOmni
Full power. His unleashed rage manifested in the hv.

For how many seconds?

UniOmni
Until he's no longer angry at that particular character.

batdude123
Until he's no longer angry at that particular character.

Ouch.

Scoobless
Originally posted by Mindship
Who survives??

Prepowerup Surfer
Survives and is able to go on, probably w/o much effect. Star cores don't bother him; Supes' heat vision likely won't either.

Thor, no mjnollir

Thanos

Mangog

Firelord

WonderMan

Ultron

Hulk

You think that out of all of them.... the one who has cosmic control over flame will be one of the most effected by a heat based attack?

What the f**k?

Soljer
Originally posted by Scoobless
You think that out of all of them.... the one who has cosmic control over flame will be one of the most effected by a heat based attack?

What the f**k?

laughing

I noticed that too.

But, we do have to consider the fact that even though he controls cosmic flames, he is FAR less powerful than say....the Surfer or Thanos.

I'd say they all survive it. Thanos, Surfer, Mangog, and Thor are largely unaffected.

bigbran
Originally posted by batdude123
Ouch. I was thinking that too.
Well, I'm just going to make it like a 5 second shot, since Supes calming down could take a while.
Hell Surfer went bloodlusted for like 2 issues.

bigbran
Prepowerup Surfer

Thor, no mjnollir
Survives, but hurt.

Thanos
Survives, probably shrugs it off.

Mangog
Read above, but with less effect.

Firelord
Takes it head on. He can dish out attacks with flames, that affect Surfer more than sun energy.

WonderMan
Bang.

Ultron
Would it melt Adamantium? I'm thinking yes right now.

Hulk
Goes down.

Avalonofthewind
Interesting Topic. With no PIS involved and an enraged Superman...

Prepowerup Surfer - Dead

Thor, no mjnollir - Dead

Thanos - Lives

Mangog - Don't know well enough to fairly judge.

Firelord - Dead

WonderMan - Dead

Ultron - Dead

Hulk - Dead

Superman's HV and Ice breath are probably the most underrated abilities that he has. No limit has been shown for each.

In the case of HV, we already know that a star core doesn't match.

Accel
The heralds should all survive just fine. Thanos and Wonderman are both supposed to be immortal, so they should both survive regardless of any injuries. Thor is somewhat doubtful and Hulk is iffy. If it's current Hulk, he dies. Savage Hulk, however, lives.

Juntai
I'm wondering if people are considering Supes normal use of heat vision, but full blast, or if they're at all considering how amped and determined Supes would be after they destroy his second home as the thread specifies.

Juntai
edit double post

inamilist
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind

Superman's HV and Ice breath are probably the most underrated abilities that he has. No limit has been shown for each.

In the case of HV, we already know that a star core doesn't match.

thats such bull

why dont the writers ever, you know, look up the crap they are writing about?

batdude123
Originally posted by inamilist
thats such bull

why dont the writers ever, you know, look up the crap they are writing about?

Because of solar absorbtion, his body gets more and more powerful every year. confused

snoopdogg
Supes best hv feat I can think of is the one in AOS #620. The one where he heated up the whole Earth to prevent global warming. He even did it from 239,000 miles away or some sh!t.

inamilist
Originally posted by batdude123
Because of solar absorbtion, his body gets more and more powerful every year. confused

by 'look up' i mean

1) find the temp of the core of a sun
2) find out what would happen if suddenly something on EARTH was as hot as the SUN

bleh, im just being particular again

batdude123
Originally posted by inamilist
by 'look up' i mean

1) find the temp of the core of a sun
2) find out what would happen if suddenly something on EARTH was as hot as the SUN

bleh, im just being particular again

They've been able to produce temperatures WAY WAY hotter than the sun's core before on Earth. Although, it was in a contained area, and it was only for a split second. embarrasment

Anyway, Superman's heat vision is actually immeasurably hot. They can't even measure the upper limits of his heat vision because it's just too damn hot!!

Anyway, when has real-world physics ever played a part in comics? stick out tongue

Dinalfos

Prepowerup Surfer - Lives, pained.

Thor, no mjnollir - Lives, K.O

Thanos - Lives, moved.

Mangog - Lives, shrugs.

Firelord - Lives, K.O.

WonderMan - dies.

Ultron - Lives, moved

Hulk - This totally depends on the type of Hulk and his state of mind.

Wait, so they're destroying a city, but when Superman comes for them, they just stand there and brace themselves? sad

Juntai
It's not just that, Supes calculates the amount of heat and/or force needed to complete tasks. He obviously isn't running around spraying temperates hotter than stars on random villains. For most of the Post-COIE, he's been specifically playing down his abilities, something he's only recently begun shedding. He's finally understanding, being why his amazing feats are becoming more and more regular.

Juntai
Originally posted by Dinalfos

Wait, so they're destroying a city, but when Superman comes for them, they just stand there and brace themselves? sad Not just a city, they destroyed Earth as a whole. Supes would be so pissed, I'd wonder if Spectre could survive the ass beating he would be ready to hand out.

Kutulu

Juntai

Kutulu
Originally posted by Juntai
You're not calculating that is produces physical force as well, typically related to the amount of heat he's pumping.. but has been portrayed as being able to be heat or concussive or both.

My understanding of it was that it was telekinetic in nature; meaning that it telekinetically excites the molecules in the path of the vision, which produces concussive force as a by-product.

Kutulu
Also as a point of reference, the largest bomb ever detonated produced about 1 % of the energy output of the sun, for only 39 nanoseconds:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tsar_Bomba

This was a 50 megaton bomb.

Now if Superman were able to sustain a full burst energy output of this range for longer than several seconds it would cause an exponential increase in the amount of damage to the surrounding area and the character themselves.

Meaning if Superman was able to sustain the output for a good half a minute, it would be the equivilant to the damage output of a 50 quadrillion ton atomic bomb. I don't know however just how much energy Superman has saved up though.

Juntai
Originally posted by Kutulu
My understanding of it was that it was telekinetic in nature; meaning that it telekinetically excites the molecules in the path of the vision, which produces concussive force as a by-product. Fair theory, but I don't recall it ever being specifically written in like that unless it was just one of the obscure ones from far back in early post-COIE continuity that I haven't read ina long time.... but there is theories that Supes is merely some super-telepath. Which is easily reinforced when we see things like the Torqasm Vo and Rao, and that he can see souls.

Juntai
Originally posted by Kutulu
Also as a point of reference, the largest bomb ever detonated produced about 1 % of the energy output of the sun, for only 39 nanoseconds:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tsar_Bomba

This was a 50 megaton bomb.

Now if Superman were able to sustain a full burst energy output of this range for longer than several seconds it would cause an exponential increase in the amount of damage to the surrounding area and the character themselves.

Meaning if Superman was able to sustain the output for a good half a minute, it would be the equivilant to the damage output of a 50 quadrillion ton atomic bomb. I don't know however just how much energy Superman has saved up though. Surrounding area? Space?
They just blew up Earth, remember?

It isn't just going to be how much he has stored, he'll become a funnell of energy proportionate to his level of anger.

Kutulu
Fair theory, but I don't recall it ever being specifically written in like that unless it was just one of the obscure ones from far back in early post-COIE continuity.... but there is theories that Supes is merely some super-telepath. Which is easily reinforced when we see things like the Torqasm Vo and Rao, and that he can see souls.

^^ I agree somewhat with this theory. As we have seen with other powerful telekinetic masters such as Magneto and the Phoenix, there is almost no upper limit to true masters of telekinetics. This would also explain why the amount of energy that Superman absorbs from the sun is exponentially increased in his output of said energy, meaning the internal battery storage causes the equivilant output in orders of magnitude higher.

Similar to how the base materials of an atomic bomb can be so small compared with it's output. This is further shown in Superman prime, who for all intensive purposes appeared to have far greater power than an entire star by himself, yet was much smaller than a star and didn't even absorb the full output of that star for the duration of his incubation inside of it (if he had fully absorbed the star's output it would be dark, however instead it had the opposite affect, it supercharged his descendants who were absorbing solar radiation from it).

Kutulu
Surrounding area? Space?
They just blew up Earth, remember?

It isn't just going to be how much he has stored, he'll become a funnell of energy proportionate to his level of anger.

I had assumed due to it being the arena that there would be somewhere to stand on; the original thread only specified that DC earth was destroyed, not the area to which they would be on.

Validus
I'm wondering if people are considering Supes normal use of heat vision, but full blast, or if they're at all considering how amped and determined Supes would be after they destroy his second home as the thread specifies.
I'm considering the best showing of Heat Vision on panel versus the best durability showings for all these guys which is why everyone survives.

Validus
Not just a city, they destroyed Earth as a whole. Supes would be so pissed, I'd wonder if Spectre could survive the ass beating he would be ready to hand out.
Umm....lol?

Juntai
Originally posted by Validus
Umm....lol? big grin

Validus
God you scare me sometimes.

olympian
The most hurt will be Thor since hes the less durable here.

The rest are better (im counting WM good showings of durability, not the late less stelar ones due to the suposse powerloss).

Juntai
Originally posted by Validus
God you scare me sometimes. Sarcasm is rarely expected of me.

UniOmni

Do you think it would kill the heroes on that list though??

I honestly don't see hv killing Thor or Surfer. Maybe atomizing hulk though.

bigbran
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
Interesting Topic. With no PIS involved and an enraged Superman...

Prepowerup Surfer - Dead

Thor, no mjnollir - Dead

Thanos - Lives

Mangog - Don't know well enough to fairly judge.

Firelord - Dead

WonderMan - Dead

Ultron - Dead

Hulk - Dead

In the case of HV, we already know that a star core doesn't match. How is Surfer dead?
The man flys through the core of suns, and feels completely regenerated after.
He has also absorbed a red sun, does that have anything to do with taking heat vision?

UniOmni
Bumping

The Fake Macoy
I really think that Surfer would be unaffected by Supes. I mean, like people said he flies through stars for fun!

UniOmni
Bumping

UniOmni
Bumping

masterbruce
Prepowerup Surfer - passes out

Thor, no mjnollir - severely burned and half dead

Thanos - toasted but still moving

Mangog - don't know

Firelord - dies

WonderMan - dies

Ultron - melted heap of adamantium

Hulk - dies

Big Sexy
Originally posted by Scoobless

What the f**k? Funny, who knew that firelord was vulnerable to heat. Guess he should change his name.

Remorse
Originally posted by Mindship
Who survives??

Prepowerup Surfer

Thor, no mjnollir

Thanos

Mangog

Firelord

WonderMan

Ultron

Hulk

They all survive.

Surfer, Thor, Thanos, Mangog, and the guy that manifests himself in the form of cosmic flames are largely unaffected.

The other feel it, but aren't in any mortal danger

Endless Mike
Prepowerup Surfer - Okay, not unharmed

Thor, no mjnollir - Injured

Thanos - Unharmed

Mangog - Okay

Firelord - Injured

WonderMan - Injured

Ultron - Dead (Torch's Nova Flame fried his insides while leaving his outside undamaged, same thing would happen here)

Hulk - Injured

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.