Magneto: Villain? True or False

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Entity
Magneto: Villain???

Ok i know he's done some very horrible things but i never really viewed magneto as a villain. I'm not saying that i agree with or condone his actions, but i do believe he is not a "bad guy" presay. He is just trying to protect his people and to keep them from experiencing the same tragedy that his Jewish brethren experienced. I'm i the only one that thought his character was given an unfair portrayal in the x-movies.

I mean don't get me wrong i really enjoyed watching Ian McKellen's performance as the master of magnetism. I just didn't like the way they showed him as more concerned for his own personal issues than he was for the cause he was sapost to be fighting for. He was never like that, like when he was willing to kill rogue in his place so "the world would be the brothers". What about in the last stand when mystique saved him and became human and he left he to the guard like she was no longer worthy. That was never his way. Magneto WOULD sacrificed himself if he believed it would protect mutants and he would NEVER leave a fellow mutant that stood by his side. In fact the only mutants he stood against were the ones that stood in his way.

So my question for you is if you belive he was really a villain or how you viewed his character?

For me personally, while i don't agree with his methods or the lengths to which he would go, no he was not a villain just a pissed off Jew, and rightfully so.

batdude123
Been done. Check the X-Men forum.

The Pict
Yup, this is in the X-Men forum.

Scoobless
Screw the X-Men forum! mad

Magneto is a villain, there's no getting around it.

Yes, his viewpoint is understandable, but so what? that can never excuse the fact that he's a murderer.... every "villain" has, in their view, good reasons for doing the things they do, it still doesn't give them the right to walk all over the less powerful.

So Magneto was a persecuted Jew.... instead of learning that racism is a bad thing, he decides to make mutants the "Master Race" which is exactly what the Nazi's did and is the reason he was persecuted to begin with..... for all the guy's supposed "intelligence" he seems to be retarded when it comes to learning the obvious.

Entity
I have often noted to my friends that Magneto in trying to protect his people he has became the very thing he seeks to destory or the more he tries not to be, the more more be becomes the very thing he hates the most. In many ways he has became hisown Hitler!

Entity
I believe that a similar thing is also true for Nightwing. Dick has tried so hard not to become Bruce that he starts to refuse anyones help because he does want to be seen as "the next batman" but in doing so, when he acts that way he becomes even more like Bruce.

Of course his becoming more like the very thing he tries not to be in this case, is both quite different and also very simuliar to Magneto's situation.

bigbran
Originally posted by Scoobless

Magneto is a villain, there's no getting around it.

Yes, his viewpoint is understandable, but so what? that can never excuse the fact that he's a murderer.... every "villain" has, in their view, good reasons for doing the things they do, it still doesn't give them the right to walk all over the less powerful.

So Magneto was a persecuted Jew.... instead of learning that racism is a bad thing, he decides to make mutants the "Master Race" which is exactly what the Nazi's did and is the reason he was persecuted to begin with..... for all the guy's supposed "intelligence" he seems to be retarded when it comes to learning the obvious. Well, I guess this question has been dealt with.

Entity
Originally posted by Scoobless

every "villain" has, in their view, good reasons for doing the things they do, it still doesn't give them the right to walk all over the less powerful.

The Joker doesn't have a good reason?

bigbran
Originally posted by Entity
The Joker doesn't have a good reason? For killing people?

Is there a good reason to kill people that did nothing to you?

Grimm22
Mags had a trial and he bull***t his way out of it, god knows how

Then again it was being held by the UN erm

Entity
Originally posted by bigbran

Not that i can think of but he had said that every villain has theirown "good" reason for what they do.
I was only stating that no not all of them have a reason. The Joker even admits there is no reason for what he does.

If Bruce would've only taken the sin of killing him upon himself the first or the 100th time he tried to kill hundreds of innocent people, how many people would be better off or even just still alive? Barbra would never have been raped or paralised, Jason wouldn't have died, (even if he did come back), Sarah Gordon would be alive, or what about the chaos he caused after he gained Mr. Mxyztplk's powers and destoryed and recreated the universe.

Weither it is right to kill or not, (which i strongly belive is not our right to do as mortals) there are times when it is worth taking the sin upon ourselves for the greater good. So while magneto is wrong in what and especially how he is doing. I can accept that i would do horrible things if i truly belived they would be far more than well worth it. Does that make me a villain? If i am willing to die with a great mortal sin on my soul to benifit of all the lives i save?

If i killed the Joker or Senitor Kelly for instance

manjaro
magneto is a villain..hard to the core, but he's a stupid one..I feel like if you feel like you're soooo superior why dont you just go off on an island and live by your self...oh wait he did didnt he? three times by my count..he rebuilt avalon after it was destroyed(i think)and was given genosha by the UN..after all those years of hard work and wholesale slaughter he finally got a nation to rule and instaed of building up the place to one of the most awesome countries in the world..he just used it as a staging ground for more failed attempts at taking over the world....f ****ing idiot...if he was spending his time building up his nation's defenses, and stop leaving every two minutes to go fight the Xmen maybe he would have been prepared for the sentienl massacre

ExodusCloak
There's a thin line between freedom fighter and terrorist...it depends which side you look at it from. Is it alright to kill people? Nope it isn't...but when you look at everything he's lost it's understandable...why one would do that...I mean if my family or someone I cared about were murdered...I'd totally be out for blood...

It's War...at the end of the day...there is no Good and Evil in war...

So in that sense he's not a villian....

What makes Magneto a villian though are his interactions with his fellow mutants...his word is GOD...if you disagree with his views then you are as much the enemy as the Human Race...

Doc Potato
Originally posted by Entity
Not that i can think of but he had said that every villain has theirown "good" reason for what they do.
I was only stating that no not all of them have a reason. The Joker even admits there is no reason for what he does.

If Bruce would've only taken the sin of killing him upon himself the first or the 100th time he tried to kill hundreds of innocent people, how many people would be better off or even just still alive? Barbra would never have been raped or paralised, Jason wouldn't have died, (even if he did come back), Sarah Gordon would be alive, or what about the chaos he caused after he gained Mr. Mxyztplk's powers and destoryed and recreated the universe.

Weither it is right to kill or not, (which i strongly belive is not our right to do as mortals) there are times when it is worth taking the sin upon ourselves for the greater good. So while magneto is wrong in what and especially how he is doing. I can accept that i would do horrible things if i truly belived they would be far more than well worth it. Does that make me a villain? If i am willing to die with a great mortal sin on my soul to benifit of all the lives i save?

If i killed the Joker or Senitor Kelly for instance Right... you do know you just likened THE bleedin' JOKER and Senator Kelly... am I the only guy who thinks that is a teeny, weeny bit harsh...

...on The Joker... laughing

ExodusCloak
Okay now I admit this is just evil....:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kkc_Myyye20

geshien
magneto is def a villian. most villians don't know that they are villians, that'd be kinda dumb.

almost all sentient beings feel that there way is the right way. this is a little off topic but it helps me with my point...

i.e. lestat the vampire, from the anne rice books. he thought he was offering the greatest gift anyone could offer to louie. was he a good person? no. he did care for him however and he thought what he was doing was right for him.

the same applies to magneto. his gift to the homosuperior is detramental as a whole.

and if you look at some of the things magneto has done to achive his goal, i don't think theres much debate left in the matter.

and i don't care if he had good intentions. some of the worst things have come to pass due to good intentions.

geshien
Originally posted by ExodusCloak

...i want my two minutes back... no expression

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by geshien
...i want my two minutes back... no expression

Sorry no can do...I only rewind time on Sundays...

geshien
Sorry no can do...I only rewind time on Sundays...

ok, now that's evil big grin

willRules
Magneto is a villain..........

http://img501.imageshack.us/img501/2945/xaviervsmagsij3.jpg

SpunkySmurph
For killing people?

Maybe if you have no concept of ethics, right and wrong, or reason and therefore no way to control your own actions? srug

inamilist
There's a thin line between freedom fighter and terrorist...it depends which side you look at it from. Is it alright to kill people? Nope it isn't...but when you look at everything he's lost it's understandable...why one would do that...I mean if my family or someone I cared about were murdered...I'd totally be out for blood...

It's War...at the end of the day...there is no Good and Evil in war...

So in that sense he's not a villian....

What makes Magneto a villian though are his interactions with his fellow mutants...his word is GOD...if you disagree with his views then you are as much the enemy as the Human Race...

wow

great effing post

I'd say war is inherently evil, but its the same argument from there.

inamilist
For killing people?

2 000 000 civilians were killed in the battle of Berlin near the end of WW2

evil, definitely, was there good reason, most assuredly, but still evil

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by inamilist
wow

great effing post

I'd say war is inherently evil, but its the same argument from there.

Thanks...looking back at that post now...I'm tempted to replace "Good and Evil" to "Right and Wrong side"...I think that's what I meant at the time... stick out tongue

In all honesty I wouldn't touch his or Xavier's ethos...too messy for me.

inamilist

In all honesty I wouldn't touch his or Xavier's ethos...too messy for me.

I will co-sign this

I'm not a huge X men fan, do the comics ever get really into this concept? Any good magneto reads?

Evil_Ash

"Fuel is for lesser men."

"No one tells Magneto what to do!"

"The very sight of that sign offends me"

"When I get angry, THINGS BEGIN TO HAPPEN!"

Superman dickery just got overshadowed...

spidey-dude
i dont call magneto a good guy. but he still has a heart. he kills for a reason. he doesnt want to go destroy the whole damn world like some of those other guys

xmarksthespot
Thanks...looking back at that post now...I'm tempted to replace "Good and Evil" to "Right and Wrong side"...I think that's what I meant at the time... stick out tongue

In all honesty I wouldn't touch his or Xavier's ethos...too messy for me. I prefer the Emma Frost ethos to human-mutant relations:
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y116/anticryste/3Emmaxyz.jpg

happy

inamilist
Originally posted by spidey-dude
i dont call magneto a good guy. but he still has a heart. he kills for a reason. he doesnt want to go destroy the whole damn world like some of those other guys

I dont know, I think that might make it more evil. Not the killing, but the fact that he can justify the killing to himself with a cause and he indoctrinates others to do the same.

not to make the most cliche analogy possible, but the Nazi's didn't consider themselves evil.

Originally posted by xmarksthespot
I prefer the Emma Frost ethos to human-mutant relations:
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y116/anticryste/3Emmaxyz.jpg

happy

smile
I agree with you about her ethos, but the way she basically violates people's minds puts her well above xavier on the evil scale for me. but i guess you never really said she wasnt.

Fanboy
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magneto_%28comics%29#Xorn

I don't know if you read through this I think Ultimate Magneto would be more evil.

willRules
If Xavier wasn't so much of a hypocrite, I think I would favour his pacifist agenda over everyone else.

Oh and Like I stated in my earlier post Magneto is so clearly a villain. the fact that he has good reasoning behind his wrongdoing, doesn't mean what he does is any less.....well wrong yes His good intentions doesn't justify murder. Forgive me for taking a moral high ground, but I felt it necessary for this discussion yes

Alfheim
Originally posted by willRules
If Xavier wasn't so much of a hypocrite, I think I would favour his pacifist agenda over everyone else.

Oh and Like I stated in my earlier post Magneto is so clearly a villain. the fact that he has good reasoning behind his wrongdoing, doesn't mean what he does is any less.....well wrong yes His good intentions doesn't justify murder. Forgive me for taking a moral high ground, but I felt it necessary for this discussion yes

Well its like this, when you get your parents shot in front of you and they get buried alive with you maybe you would think different.

Its really easy to take the moral high ground when your not under pressure or you havent been in that situation.

I personally belive both Magneto and Xavier are wrong. Magneto is too violent, Xavier is too passive. I think somewhere in the middle is the right path and Emma seems to have it.

inamilist
Originally posted by Alfheim
Well its like this, when you get your parents shot in front of you and they get buried alive with you maybe you would think different.

Its really easy to take the moral high ground when your not under pressure or you havent been in that situation.

I personally belive both Magneto and Xavier are wrong. Magneto is too violent, Xavier is too passive. I think somewhere in the middle is the right path and Emma seems to have it.

agree

If we built a psychological profile of Magneto, we could probably determine WHY he acts in the way he does. That, to me, doesn't really vindicate him. He is still deciding to do things which cause people mortal harm, regardless of his reasons.

I like what I have read of Emma too. It sounds a lot like a pragmatic segregation. Maybe not a eutopian solution, but certainly a step in the right direction from charles or mags.

willRules
Yeah I think I'm also inclined to agree with Emma but not the "They will always hate us" quote, I mean that's just silly. There is no way she can determine that and she will only go against her wishes and prove herself right with that attitude.

I'm not saying I disagree with her ideology/philosophy just that statement yes

ExodusCloak
Yeah I think I'm also inclined to agree with Emma but not the "They will always hate us" quote, I mean that's just silly. There is no way she can determine that and she will only go against her wishes and prove herself right with that attitude.

I'm not saying I disagree with her ideology/philosophy just that statement yes

Well think about it. At the time that speech was made mutants were already going to inherit the Earth within the next four generations. The Human Race was already dying out. With that said man will always envy what he does not have.
I mean if I was to put myself in the shoes of the average MU human I'd probably feel a slight "hatred"(Resentful may be a better word) towards all superpowered beings aswell. I mean why were these particular individuals blessed with gifts and I wasn't? Why does the boy who sits 3 desks to the right given the ability to see the future? I don't have any powers therefore I'm not able to play "War" with my the rest of my class. What makes them so special? I work twice as hard as everyone else but the girl with the telepathy keeps getting higher grades then me in exams. Why does my brother have the ability to control things magnetically....but me...I'm just human...

In all honesty I guess I'd just be angry and hateful. Reading over that I actually hate myself right now. I never want to be that type of person.

Anyway...personally I feel she was spot on with her analysis..."they will always hate us"....it's just human nature.(And I'm usually an optimist)

Still it's a very interesting issue you raised...I'd like to know how other posters would feel about this subject if they were the average MU human citizen.

spidey-dude
hes still xaviers friend for ever no matter what. so yes he does have a heart.

willRules
Well think about it. At the time that speech was made mutants were already going to inherit the Earth within the next four generations. The Human Race was already dying out. With that said man will always envy what he does not have.
I mean if I was to put myself in the shoes of the average MU human I'd probably feel a slight "hatred"(Resentful may be a better word) towards all superpowered beings aswell. I mean why were these particular individuals blessed with gifts and I wasn't? Why does the boy who sits 3 desks to the right given the ability to see the future? I don't have any powers therefore I'm not able to play "War" with my the rest of my class. What makes them so special? I work twice as hard as everyone else but the girl with the telepathy keeps getting higher grades then me in exams. Why does my brother have the ability to control things magnetically....but me...I'm just human...

In all honesty I guess I'd just be angry and hateful. Reading over that I actually hate myself right now. I never want to be that type of person.

Anyway...personally I feel she was spot on with her analysis..."they will always hate us"....it's just human nature.(And I'm usually an optimist)

Still it's a very interesting issue you raised...I'd like to know how other posters would feel about this subject if they were the average MU human citizen.

I see you point but I still don't think Emma was truly qualified to say "They will always hate us." That's a bit extreme even for a persecuted Mutant. I can understand resentment and I think you have a very valid point, but I don't personally feel the word "always" should be in Miss Frost's statement yes

I think the flaw in Magnaeto's idealolgy is he has become the very thing he hates and in turn proven that the end doesn't necessarily justify the means.

The flaw in Xavier's idealolgy is that whilst Charles has taken a pacifist moral high ground and probaly taken (IMO) the right course of action in terms of morality (which is very important) he essentially achieves his goals through soldiers/X-men and therefore through violent means.

And the flaw in Emma's idealolgy is simple. She is far too pesimistic. If what she says is true (Which isn't always) Every mutant may as well not even try to form a relationship with humans.

xmarksthespot
She's not a pessimist so much as a realist.
Unlike Xavier and Magneto, Emma isn't bound by unwavering ideals, she's a pragmatist. She forms her opinions, jaded though they may seem, on the information at hand - and as a telepath the information at hand is often expansive.

"They will always hate us." is perfectly true to her, based on her experiences and dealings with ordinary humans.
Originally posted by inamilist
smile
I agree with you about her ethos, but the way she basically violates people's minds puts her well above xavier on the evil scale for me. but i guess you never really said she wasnt. Pshaw. Xavier sent a group of children to an island to their death. He knew the Danger Room had evolved intelligence and yet kept it as a training device. He's most certainly no saint.

ExodusCloak
I see you point but I still don't think Emma was truly qualified to say "They will always hate us." That's a bit extreme even for a persecuted Mutant. I can understand resentment and I think you have a very valid point, but I don't personally feel the word "always" should be in Miss Frost's statement yes

I think the flaw in Magnaeto's idealolgy is he has become the very thing he hates and in turn proven that the end doesn't necessarily justify the means.

The flaw in Xavier's idealolgy is that whilst Charles has taken a pacifist moral high ground and probaly taken (IMO) the right course of action in terms of morality (which is very important) he essentially achieves his goals through soldiers/X-men and therefore through violent means.

And the flaw in Emma's idealolgy is simple. She is far too pesimistic. If what she says is true (Which isn't always) Every mutant may as well not even try to form a relationship with humans.

I hope I'm not coming across as an Emma fanboy for saying this...but when it comes to her practical approach in life I fall hook line and sinker. I have never really had any qualms with her views on life...apart from her being darn right ruthless at times...however her ruthlessness is always carried out in a subtle manner and it becomes very hard to argue with her views because her morals seem to lie dead centre on the Right & Wrong threshold. She's definitely not a playground bully...there's too much finesse in the tactics she uses.

Here's the full speech:
http://img437.imageshack.us/img437/2378/astonishingxmen0107ao3.jpg
http://img484.imageshack.us/img484/6205/astonishingxmen0108cu0.jpg
http://img460.imageshack.us/img460/5599/astonishingxmen0109ic6.jpg
http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/552/astonishingxmen0110tg7.jpg

To be fair...she did have a valid point in saying that....if she didn't then she'd be just like Xavier. Xavier is..."naive" when it comes to his "Dream" and Human Mutant Relations. He believes that mutants and humans can coexist...peacefully...he believes that the Humans will just hand over the Earth on a silver platter when the time comes for mutants to inherit it. That is probably his biggest flaw.
Think about it with the knowledge that a superior species will one day inevitably take over there's bound to be hate. Obviously the level of hatred will vary depending on the individual but you have to understand that whether or not it's the right take on life for students...it's still the truth. And sometimes the truth isn't very nice to hear. Someone had to say it...but the person also had reassure them that there will be severe repurcussions for violent behaviour as it isn't the right way to go about calming Mutant/Human relations...might as well be Emma.

Come to think of it....if the humans knew about...Wanda...mutant/human relations would have have gone back to the dark ages.

As for Magneto his views seem to fluctuate at times depending on who's writing. We have seen both sides to him...his compassion and ruthlessness to both humans and mutants....but the thing that really gets to me is the way he treats his own kind...it's sort of hard to follow him when his word is GOD. Anyone who doesn't believe is basically a traitor. And people like Exodus make sure these traitors are dealt with. At the end of the day Magneto and Xaviers views just aren't practical in real life situations.

Looking at the X-Men Annual #1....Exodus might be having second thoughts about Magnetos ethos...that or he decided to make one of his own.

willRules
Wow that's an interesting angle. I'm looking at the morality of it, but you guys are looking at the practicality of it, both very important subjects yes Cool points. smile

inamilist
The major difference I see between Emma and Xavier (or magneto), and I am sure I'm just repeating what people said above, has nothing to do with their end goals. Each is devoted to the survival of their race against the human masses. Its the means by which they go about ensuring their existence. Personally, I prefer pragmatism, but I can completely see where you are coming from Will.

It is almost defeatist to say "they will never stop hating us" or whatever, and a horrible message to send to their students, but given the reality that they live in, skepticism of the human population is probably beneficial, if not idealistic. In a perfect world, yes, Emma's words would be no better than hate-mongering.

While it probably isn't politically correct to assume that we people may be scared or prejudice against mutants, it is completely realistic. I mean, be honest, if you knew for a fact that there were telepaths, people who could READ YOUR MIND, how comfortable would that make you? I will admit to a touch of the paranoia from time to time, but I don't think I'm the only one that would feel violated by even the idea that someone could be rifling through my head...

Pshaw. Xavier sent a group of children to an island to their death. He knew the Danger Room had evolved intelligence and yet kept it as a training device. He's most certainly no saint.

Agreed. Xavier has done many things that have caused negative consequences... However, I see Charles more as a tragic hero, whose own downfall is related to a serious flaw in his character. Its really splitting hairs, because most "tragic heroes" could probably fill in as "villains" if they were not the protagonists of the story, and the distinction between him and Emma here sounds way too much like "ends justify the means" for me to make that argument.

willRules
Good point. And the way you described Xavier, I almost feel sorry for him. I know magneto had good intentions, but the approach he took, I don't think is right. I think (Like you said) Emma whilst realistic is a bit too defeatist for my liking. Despite Xavier's flaws and some of his hypocrisy, I really can't fault a guy who is just saying to both sides "Why can't we be friends?" big grin

xmarksthespot
Meh... Emma draws from her personal history to conclude with her admittedly jaded opinions. It should be noted though, time and again those opinions have been vindicated:

http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/6327/scan0007gm1.th.jpg

http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/3902/img017jx9.th.jpghttp://img423.imageshack.us/img423/2233/img018vc5.th.jpghttp://img222.imageshack.us/img222/596/img019wa1.th.jpg

That's why Xavier's dream is just that - an old man's dream.

willRules
Hey c'mon don't knock the dream, Both Chuck and his ideology deserves some respect. yes

Psyquis52
I voted in favor of Magneto being right but taking it too far.

Alfheim

Yeah you would feel resentful, but if you analysis things more closely there is no reason to feel this. Some of the most dangerous people in the MU are humans, Dr Doom, Iron Man, High Evolutinary and Donald Pierce. Hell Donald Pierce is human but is a member of the Hellfire Club! Ok these individuals are exceptional human beings but lets take a look at this lot:

Mantis
Dr Strange
Moondragon

You know what the above all have in common? None of them get their powers from artificial means or radiation or anything like that. None of the above where genuises like Dr Doom prior to gaining their powers. Their powers were learnt through determination and discipline. I dont know if Moondragon is more powerful than Xavier or Emma, but im sure there are quite a few mutants she is more powerful than in the psionic department.

I tell you what Bro. First of all I think I would have been born mutant...but I dont really wanna get into that. If I were born human id find a way to get powers thats why in real life I study meditation. What happen in the MU is that they take aspect from this reality and increase its potential. MAs can dodge bullets, genuises can build time machines, people infected by radiation dont get cancer they get powers etc. So what would happen mutant or not if my character was put into the MU I would have psionic or magical powers or both.

In the MU its not even really that hard to get powers. There was an X-factor issue were a boy who hated mutants studied magick and gained powers. In an Alpha Flight issue it showed that the all the Tibetan Monks had psionic powers. This indicates with some determination a human being can teach himself powers through magick or psionic means.

So if I was born human instead of sitting around like a mug waiting for the Avengers to save my *** and getting jealous I would reasearch and learn how to have super powers.

Come to think of it....if the humans knew about...Wanda...mutant/human relations would have have gone back to the dark ages.

Is Wanda more powerful than Dr Strange?

Meh... Emma draws from her personal history to conclude with her admittedly jaded opinions. It should be noted though, time and again those opinions have been vindicated:

http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/6327/scan0007gm1.th.jpg

http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/3902/img017jx9.th.jpghttp://img423.imageshack.us/img423/2233/img018vc5.th.jpghttp://img222.imageshack.us/img222/596/img019wa1.th.jpg

That's why Xavier's dream is just that - an old man's dream.

So why werent the Avengers at Genosha surely thats some form of CIS, that must have known what was going on. Why didnt they help?

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by Alfheim
Yeah you would feel resentful, but if you analysis things more closely there is no reason to feel this. Some of the most dangerous people in the MU are humans, Dr Doom, Iron Man, High Evolutinary and Donald Pierce. Hell Donald Pierce is human but is a member of the Hellfire Club! Ok these individuals are exceptional human beings but lets take a look at this lot:

Mantis
Dr Strange
Moondragon

You know what the above all have in common? None of them get their powers from artificial means or radiation or anything like that. None of the above where genuises like Dr Doom prior to gaining their powers. Their powers were learnt through determination and discipline. I dont know if Moondragon is more powerful than Xavier or Emma, but im sure there are quite a few mutants she is more powerful than in the psionic department.

Donald Pierce isn't human he's a Cyborg.

The others however are freak events i.e. Moondragon and Dr Strange. Others were naturally born geniuses i.e. Dr Doom and Tony Stark. You're taking the issue out of context it's not that easy to acquire super powers. I'm talking about the Average Marvel Citizen. Moondragon and Strange both acquired their powers through "unique" mentors.

You're being unrealistic here...in the X-Universe...the human/super-powered beings relationship is far more realistic. Again you're talking about freakish occurrences. i.e. Getting your hands on a spell book. What are the chances of that exactly? If it was that easy every MU human being would have super powers.
And remember you're supposed to be the average marvel universe human being....meaning you're that man marching outside the Xavier Mansion with picket signs.

It's not my place to say...she's powerful enough to turn him into Dr Phil...but then again that was a crossover. Besides the womens tampering almost collapsed the Omniverse.

Not CIS I'm afraid...Genosha crashed and burnt in New X-Men #114 when Cassandra Nova unleashed her Sentinels upon it. 16 million mutants wiped out. Emma Frost was one of the very few survivors. And the worst part is....not the slightest peep from the Avengers. The X-Men had to go and dig out the corpses.

BTW The Avengers were most probably preoccupied at the time...or just felt Magneto is dead...so why not celebrate.
Anyway in X's scans Emma asks Carol and Tony that question. Apparently they themselves don't know why.

ExodusCloak
Here's another one of her past experiences. This is nothing compared to the genocide that occured in Genosha...but even as a member of the Hellfire Club the humans were never to be trusted. See what it cost that naive fool Sebastian Shaw.

http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/236/classicxmen07story201ig5.th.jpghttp://img253.imageshack.us/img253/4953/classicxmen07story202vw9.th.jpghttp://img253.imageshack.us/img253/3104/classicxmen07story203bo4.th.jpghttp://img266.imageshack.us/img266/8095/classicxmen07story204vu8.th.jpghttp://img440.imageshack.us/img440/1418/classicxmen07story205ba2.th.jpghttp://img443.imageshack.us/img443/4359/classicxmen07story206ua0.th.jpghttp://img174.imageshack.us/img174/78/classicxmen07story207sj2.th.jpghttp://img443.imageshack.us/img443/4208/classicxmen07story208mw2.th.jpg

ExodusCloak
http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/8499/classicxmen07story209ko3.th.jpghttp://img292.imageshack.us/img292/4733/classicxmen07story210by9.th.jpghttp://img468.imageshack.us/img468/5541/classicxmen07story211sh2.th.jpghttp://img292.imageshack.us/img292/9030/classicxmen07story212gc2.th.jpg

tyler1
Human instinct isn't the only problem, there's plenty of mutants who tend to give normal Humans very good reason to fear them. Magneto being a pretty good example.

Claiming to be a superior species or more evolved probably doesn't help... I'm not sure being the result of alien experiments really counts as evolution.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.