Gladiator vs. Green Lantern (Kyle)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Scarlet315
Who wins this battle?

golem370
Green Lantern would find the Nuclear weakness and beat him the same way he would do to Superman. How much do you want to bet that If Gladiator went to DC and ran into Kryptonite he would have a weakness lol and that's the radiation that he is weak to.

lilnutta12
has glads actually got a weakness

Juntai
Originally posted by lilnutta12
has glads actually got a weakness Yep.

Two actually, a type of radiation that's specific origin or type hasn't really been specified that I ever saw.

And of course, his mentality.

lilnutta12
what is it

Juntai
Reread, I edited.

Kutulu
Originally posted by lilnutta12
what is it

Silver Surfer once spotted it by examining Gladiator's physiology; there is one particular wavelength of radiation that is his weakness, in addition his strength and durability are directly affected by his self-confidence. The more confident he is, the stronger and more durable he becomes.

Rewmac
I'd say Kyle. After what I saw from Cannonball against him I'd say the might of the Lantern is enough to put Glads down.

mighty adam
Originally posted by Rewmac
I'd say Kyle. After what I saw from Cannonball against him I'd say the might of the Lantern is enough to put Glads down. i love cannonball but.... that was some bs. if thats the case cannonball should use his forcefield like that all the time. few in marvel or dc could beat him but that was a one time uses

h1a8
Originally posted by Kutulu
Silver Surfer once spotted it by examining Gladiator's physiology; there is one particular wavelength of radiation that is his weakness, in addition his strength and durability are directly affected by his self-confidence. The more confident he is, the stronger and more durable he becomes.

No he hasn't spotted gladiator's weakness. For he can't.
He was just bluffing.

Brutacus
Originally posted by h1a8
No he hasn't spotted gladiator's weakness. For he can't.
He was just bluffing.

What SS was bluffing??
To let him lose his confidence??

Roldz
GL ring just to versatile for guys like Glads... But deff. not an easy win dough...

Soljer
Originally posted by Roldz
GL ring just to versatile for guys like Glads... But deff. not an easy win dough...

Yeah, it is. He'd beat Gladiator even easier than he'd beat Superman.

And a Green Lantern would beat Superman pretty frigging easily.

Roldz
Originally posted by Soljer

How so? Glads like Supes is one of those heroes who has been shown on panel having fast battle speed.. Hitting him with rad weakness is not going to be easy specially at the speed he fights.. Written badly he will lost quite easily..

Soljer
How so? Glads like Supes is one of those heroes who has been shown on panel having fast battle speed.. Hitting him with rad weakness is not going to be easy specially at the speed he fights.. Written badly he will lost quite easily..

The Lantern doesn't NEED to hit him with radiation therapy, wink.

He can do ANYTHING else to him he pleases.

Quite literally.

juggernaut66666
Kyle 10/10

Roldz
The Lantern doesn't NEED to hit him with radiation therapy, wink.

He can do ANYTHING else to him he pleases.

Quite literally.
http://img244.imageshack.us/my.php?image=legendsofthedcu38p221zr.jpg
Thats probably how he'd end up beating Glads.. But it took 4 lantern to take this guy out.. Not that easy considering this guy destroys planet and a major tank to boot similar to Glads with rad weakness... I still say not an easy battle as you might think to believed...

Validus
http://img244.imageshack.us/my.php?image=legendsofthedcu38p221zr.jpg
Thats probably how he'd end up beating Glads.. But it took 4 lantern to take this guy out.. Not that easy considering this guy destroys planet and a major tank to boot similar to Glads with rad weakness... I still say not an easy battle as you might think to believed...
Traitor would kill Gladiator in a fight. Don't see how that scan is relevant.

Roldz
Originally posted by Validus
Traitor would kill Gladiator in a fight. Don't see how that scan is relevant.
Since both chars. fighting are off diff. companies we can only compare some similarities of Chars they have fought for instant Kyle fight with Traitor and how he was beaten.. Traitor being able to destroy planet and his ability to absorb radiation, Glads also is capable of destroying a planet but has weakness against a certain rads.. So looking at it this way these fight w/ Kyle and Glads would kinda go desame way.. Kyle wasnt able to block or manipulates Traitors ability to absorbs radiation when they were fighting.. Im assuming it wouldnt be that easy to manipulate Glads weakness either when both are fighting and protectin themselves..which backs my argument for Glads not being beaten easily 10/10 like Soljer imply... Im know Kyle would beat Glads but is not going to be very easy..

Soljer
Since both chars. fighting are off diff. companies we can only compare some similarities of Chars they have fought for instant Kyle fight with Traitor and how he was beaten.. Traitor being able to destroy planet and his ability to absorb radiation, Glads also is capable of destroying a planet but has weakness against a certain rads.. So looking at it this way these fight w/ Kyle and Glads would kinda go desame way.. Kyle wasnt able to block or manipulates Traitors ability to absorbs radiation when they were fighting.. Im assuming it wouldnt be that easy to manipulate Glads weakness either when both are fighting and protectin themselves..which backs my argument for Glads not being beaten easily 10/10 like Soljer imply... Im know Kyle would beat Glads but is not going to be very easy..

It may or may not be an easy one-hit fight.

But just beacuse a fight is drawn out doesn't mean that it necessarily will give each side a number of wins.

Even if it takes a little while, Kyle takes this pretty much every time.

Validus
Traitor had a Doomsday/Fury like ability to evolve and adapt which is why he always gave the Corps problems. Gladiator doesn't have that luxury.

The only comparison you made is that both can destroy planets.

Roldz
Well he didnt used that power to evolved and adapt to GL's power ring did he? Im not directly comparing both, by their powers, just a few similarities and how Kyle could manipulate there weakness.. Im just saying that the fight would go on quite similar to that fight with Kyle.. Glads can destroy planets as well as attain fast speed... He can fight similarly the way Traitor fought Kyle.. Not an easy victory... for Kyle which is what im really going for...

Validus
So does Cyclops fight like Majestic because both have eye beams?

Roldz
Can Cyclops fly and is he Uber strong? Does that answer your question..
This 2 have complete diff. power level...

However the 2 on above post have atleast some similarities Glads eye beam destroyed planetary mass, so did traitor, both are strong enough to destroy planetary mass phsically, Both can attain SofL well at least Glads..

Validus
Can Cyclops fly and is he Uber strong? Does that answer your question..
This 2 have complete diff. power level...
Does Gladiator have near the plot device level power Traitor has? Has Gladiator ever done as well against a GL class opponent as Traitor has? You're seriously comparing apples to oranges here with the only basis being both are super strong.

batdude123
shifty

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=7016944

h1a8
Glads destroying a planet?
How?

SpunkySmurph
Glads destroying a planet?
How?

Well, if you very closely examine your arm, you will (hopefully) find, located, at the very end, your 'hand'. You (probably) use this to type stupid questions. When you curl your hand in a very specific manner, you form what is known as a "fist"

Two things to know:
1. A fist hurts when you 'punch' with it
2. Glads is very,very, very strong.

Any more questions? no expression

Roldz
Originally posted by Validus
Does Gladiator have near the plot device level power Traitor has? Has Gladiator ever done as well against a GL class opponent as Traitor has? You're seriously comparing apples to oranges here with the only basis being both are super strong.
He does have a plot device in his position, it can be exploited and has been exploited on more than one occasion.. His done good against GL class opponent SS/Thor/Binary/Quazar.. His won/lost some.. Again i only said this fight with Kyle/Glads be similar/ if not close to it, i did not say they were similar in every respect.. What Traitor did on that fight, mostly destructive force i can see Glads can duplicate it...

harri
glads owns green

Soljer
Originally posted by harri
glads owns green

Damn, weren't you banned or something? We have to put up with you AGAIN? sad.

juggernaut66666
venom wins he 80 strenght shifty

kgkg
a confident Glad will win smile

h1a8
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
Well, if you very closely examine your arm, you will (hopefully) find, located, at the very end, your 'hand'. You (probably) use this to type stupid questions. When you curl your hand in a very specific manner, you form what is known as a "fist"

Two things to know:
1. A fist hurts when you 'punch' with it
2. Glads is very,very, very strong.

Any more questions? no expression

No just this:

Glads can't destroy a planet!
If so prove it.

Soljer
No just this:

If so prove it.

Respek Thread?

Soujaboy
No just this:

If so prove it.

Well ya, actually he can. no expression

JediMasterLuke5

I can tell you been smoking something. Beat Superman???? Speed Blitz owns him, he speed blitzes and breaks his spinal chord, killing him instantly. Do you remember the Imperiex War? Kyle didnt do jack shit, he was to busy getting owned by Imperiex probes. Superman and some other select few(Captain Marvel, Doomsday, Captain Atom, and Wonder Woman) were the only ones actually who could compete with or destroy the probes. Kyle or any other GL doesnt have any thing on Superman.

Back of topic, Gladiator would most likely defeat him, his super speed comes into play, among with all his other powers.

6/10 Gladiator

Soljer
Originally posted by JediMasterLuke5
I can tell you been smoking something. Beat Superman???? Speed Blitz owns him, he speed blitzes and breaks his spinal chord, killing him instantly. Do you remember the Imperiex War? Kyle didnt do jack shit, he was to busy getting owned by Imperiex probes. Superman and some other select few(Captain Marvel, Doomsday, Captain Atom, and Wonder Woman) were the only ones actually who could compete with or destroy the probes. Kyle or any other GL doesnt have any thing on Superman.

Back of topic, Gladiator would most likely defeat him, his super speed comes into play, among with all his other powers.

6/10 Gladiator

I see that you are

A) On Superman's sack.

B) Unfamiliar with the concept of PIS/CIS.

A Green Lantern WTFPWNS Superman.

batdude123
A Green Lantern WTFPWNS Superman.

Eh, not as much as you'd think.

I see Kyle taking 6-7/10 against Superman. erm

Soljer
Originally posted by batdude123
Eh, not as much as you'd think.

I see Kyle taking 6-7/10 against Superman. erm

Agree to disagree then, I suppose. There's no way that Superman will be breaking a non-jobbing Green Lantern's Shields.

Or getting past the trillions of tons of Kryptonite that the ring is spewing out.

Or the Red Suns that are popping up outta nowhere.

Hell, Kyle could amp his own strength and speed to Superman levels, and go close quarters with Kal-El if he wanted to.

batdude123
Agree to disagree then, I suppose. There's no way that Superman will be breaking a non-jobbing Green Lantern's Shields.

Or getting past the trillions of tons of Kryptonite that the ring is spewing out.

Or the Red Suns that are popping up outta nowhere.

Hell, Kyle could amp his own strength and speed to Superman levels, and go close quarters with Kal-El if he wanted to.

Yep. He could do those things if given actual time.

IMO, it's a human brain that's his downfall against a person who can speedblitz like a mofo. erm

Soljer
Yep. He could do those things if given actual time.

IMO, it's a human brain that's his downfall against a person who can speedblitz like a mofo. erm

And autoshields are the perfect remedy to such a downfall. Then, Kyle has the time to sit there and turn himself into a daxamite wearing red-sun-radiation-spewing kryptonite jewelry on a Mr. T level.

batdude123
And autoshields are the perfect remedy to such a downfall. Then, Kyle has the time to sit there and turn himself into a daxamite wearing red-sun-radiation-spewing kryptonite jewelry on a Mr. T level.

Auto-shields only come up when deadly force is about to hit the Lantern. Superman knows this, all he'd have to do is get a KO.

There are plenty of times where they've (GLs) been blitzed.

Soljer
Auto-shields only come up when deadly force is about to hit the Lantern. Superman knows this, all he'd have to do is get a KO.

There are plenty of times where they've (GLs) been blitzed.

Yeah, and there are plenty of times that could DEFINITELY be counted as PIS.

Superboy, anyone?

batdude123
Yeah, and there are plenty of times that could DEFINITELY be counted as PIS.

Superboy, anyone?

They should've beat the shit outta that brat!!!! mad

sad

Soljer
They should've beat the shit outta that brat!!!! mad

sad

Agreed.

yes

batdude123
Agreed.

yes

But that wasn't a speedblitz anyway.

They should've seriously just straight up OWNED his ass.

Soljer
But that wasn't a speedblitz anyway.

They should've seriously just straight up OWNED his ass.

I know it wasn't a speedblitz.

Just pointing out that Lanterns are THE biggest Jobbers in comics.

They are capable of, quite literally, ANYTHING.

And what do they do?

Lose.

chris_64256
Kyle doesn't have to go head to head.. Lots of indirect options. He could shrink himself down like The Atom, or make himself totally intangible, phase into a floor or something, and pump out constructs from hiding... And with an AI, he has access to other tricks, like planetary level time manipulation tricks, freezes and stuff... Or a Thanos like stasis cube used on Blood in Thunder Thor, like one GL tried using on Doomsday, and only failed because of the plot device evolution.

A GL ring definately has enough firepower to deal with someone on gladiator's physical level, since Hal was using a ring to take out Superman and Martian Manhunter, and not the Parallax power. Kyle may not be Hal, but he's pretty good in the willpower department.. Contained Ultraman, that Superman clone, for a good long while, for one. Made a small moon once, too.

Remember, the AI's a factor now.. This means auto FTL reflex's, auto shielding, protection from mortal wounds, and all the techniques the Oan computer can conjure up

Soljer
Originally posted by chris_64256
Kyle doesn't have to go head to head.. Lots of indirect options. He could shrink himself down like The Atom, or make himself totally intangible, phase into a floor or something, and pump out constructs from hiding... And with an AI, he has access to other tricks, like planetary level time manipulation tricks, freezes and stuff... Or a Thanos like stasis cube used on Blood in Thunder Thor, like one GL tried using on Doomsday, and only failed because of the plot device evolution.

A GL ring definately has enough firepower to deal with someone on gladiator's physical level, since Hal was using a ring to take out Superman and Martian Manhunter, and not the Parallax power. Kyle may not be Hal, but he's pretty good in the willpower department.. Contained Ultraman, that Superman clone, for a good long while, for one. Made a small moon once, too.

Remember, the AI's a factor now.. This means auto FTL reflex's, auto shielding, protection from mortal wounds, and all the techniques the Oan computer can conjure up

Indeed.

Kyle has plenty of power TO go head to head, toe to toe, if he so desired.

But he could go for a REALLY easy win, and do any number of other things.

His options are truly limitless.

chris_64256
it's just a damn shame marvel has wasted a character of great potential like gladiator..

Roldz
Indeed.

Kyle has plenty of power TO go head to head, toe to toe, if he so desired.

But he could go for a REALLY easy win, and do any number of other things.

His options are truly limitless.
I agree Kyle would win but a really easy win against a non jobbing Glads i dont think so... Manipulating time Hal has done it but Kyle, i dont remember him of having such feat like Stop time/even time travel.. I know his capable of turning himself to atom size but its not exactly like Glads would'nt be able to see him, his track energies signature + at one time was able to see events a few galaxies/solar system away.. H2h Glads destroyed planets and plowed through stars before, now i know Kyle is able to amp strength but his highest 1's was when amping strength was against Sinestro going H2H and we all know his not Superman/Glads level of strength.. Matter/Rads manipulation on the other hand Glads wouldnt have any defense but hed have to be hit with it and whose to say hell fall down in 1 hit, + his also capable of long distance energy fights.. Again not easy..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.