Noooooo!!!!!!1

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Alina
I just found this:

"Tyler Perry, of Madia's Family Reunion, was on the set of the new Pirates of the Caribbean movie. He and Johnny Depp have been good friends, since the movie Ed Wood, in which Tyler Perry helped guest write. Tyler Perry had this to say:

"Pirates of the Caribbean is a great movie. It explores the history of the past, but keeps it up with the fantasy of today. It's like Star Wars, but with pirates. I have always been a fan of the movie, and it upsets me to know that the movies female hero, will be departing us in this movie. She will be sacraficing her soul to Calypso, the goddess whom Davey Jones fell in love with. I tried to take this news lightly, but I love the movie so much, that I'm in fear of what the fans will think."

This was a conversation that was done with Tyler Perry, and journalist Matt Cunning. Perry had no idea he was being recorded, and now plans to sue, for off the record journalism.

Oh God, I hope it isn't true, this fit with the whole curse thing and if this heroine is sacrificing herself to Calypso, it would mean that it is Liz..Who else is the heroine in Pirates? And Tia/Calypso can't really sacrifice herself to herself....I'm seriously depressed right now, if this is true it would mean the end of Sparrabethbawling
Please don't let let this be true....what are they thinking? Is that the schocking ending?
Oh I can just picture it: Elizabeth throwing herself into the sea to savy ****ING STUPID WILL, he then becomes the capt of TFD and then they can play dead together and poor Jack can leave alone.....Seems like they are turning it into a tradegy....how can they do this????

surfchikpir8fan
don worry nobody can be sure until we c da movie i hope dis is staged tho cuz ............................ aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh
hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
THEY CANT KILL LIZ!
nayway ova dat tantrum, if it is tru well look at it dis way - on da bright side -
even if liz goes die, there will be 4 certain im sure deres a 4th movie n theyll bring her bak like they r doing wif jack in dis 3rd one!
ahhhhhhhhhh! dis cant be tru we all just take a breathe ... n out! nothing is confirmed til da monvie! ... rite ...

Alina
I don't know, I just have a feeling that it might be true....it fits with all the other spoilers....
I'm telling you, if this is true I WONT go see it, no matter how much I love Johnny and Jack...I wont spend my money to see a tradegy ending with "Will and Elizabeth being together forever in death because it was true love" *VOMITS*
Somehow I doubt that an ending like that will be well-recieved...
btw, sorry for the double topic-post, this computer is an ass!!!!

surfchikpir8fan
don worry i don think disney + ted + terry + gore + jerry + cast + every1 else would take a risk like dat! disney have been making movies a god damn looooooooooong time they're smart cookies n know wat 2 do 2 get BIG numbers in da box office + postive reviews + good results ... ect! lol i can trust disney, even if they do kill liz theyll bring her bak, like barbossa n jack!

LovelyOne
actually...It makes sense..that sucks. There was a spoiler on podcast that ties in with that. She probably does it to save Will

LovelyOne
do you have a link to that?? I fancy posting it on Word Player

I'm not watching the movie if that happens. Its really too far IMO.

Alina
No, sadly I don't...I'm with you, I won't see it either...
*cries* Sparrabeth is dead, WHY TnT? Why?
But can't you post it over at worldplayer anyway?

LovelyOne
oh ****..I just posted it?

whats wrong with posting it there?

Alina
Nothing, as far as I know...you just asked me for a link and I assumed that you wanted it to post on wordplayer...I misunderstood (my brain is in shock right now)

LovelyOne
oh PHEW!! it should be ok then...i want to see what they say..Honestly..I know I usually go off the handle about this kind of thing. But this is just too tragic. I dont want to see her die and it all be on Jack's shoulders sad I'm just exausted with all this now.

its his fault the wedding was halted. so It means its his fault and he has to live with that

LovelyOne
where did you get that info from anyway?

LovelyOne
Also. I dont understand why they have made this relationship with Jack/Liz in DMC and they are just...ending it like this. So many people love J/E..its captured so many, there are even websites dedicated to the relationship. Not W/E..

I feel as if my heart has been torn out and placed in a chest. Must be how Jack feels because he gave his heart to Elizabeth and she leaves him.

I know people dont like me with this negativity..but I'm sorry I cant help it. I cant be happy and smile about this kind of ending. I cant make myself like this kind of "interesting" ending either. It may be risky and bold. They may be praised for it by critics..But I dont like it and I never will..even if it is written well in the movie...

Alina
It was post "overthere" and on IMDB....yes, I know, not reliable sources, but the ting is, as you say, it fits with the other spoilers and that's what worries mefear

LovelyOne
Yeah 1 sec I'll find the one on podcast.

here:
The captain of the Flying Dutchman can only go on land every seven years to search for his true love that he lost. There is also a love triangle between him, his love and another man

In the end, it says that the captain finds his love and the only way his curse can be lifted is if his love casts herself into the sea. It says his love knows the story of the Flying Dutchman very well. Even though his love is caught in a love triangle, her faith in the captain is the strongest. So, she casts herself into the sea, the curse is lifted on the Flying Dutchman, and the captain and her go to heaven.

surfchikpir8fan
where is it on imdb i cant find plz help! :'( soz 2 bother u guys .... DONT KILL ME!

LovelyOne
know what. I'm not even gonna rant and moan..I'm just gonna get on with my life now..Get over this franchise. I'll still go see the move knowing for sure I wont get a J/E ending..I'll watch it once..I'll probably like it like I liked the first, ..It was good but it didn't capture me like DMC did. I didn't rush out to buy the DVD for it.

I liked how Jack was coming to the foreground in terms of development with DMC. It was interesting to watch my fave character develop into someone with something to live for.

Alina
I wont bother seeing it, even once. My poor heart wont be able to take it . I think I'll try and ignore AWE and stay with DMC. Or maybe create my own AU universe...I seriously hate TnT right now, Disney too.
The only thing that would convince me to go see AWE would be Johnny...
God, I can't stand it...Way to go Disney, you'll loose half of the fans if this is true....Bravo.
I feel sorry Johnny and the rest that they have to be a part of such a melodrama/tradegy...you know, I bet even WE-shipper will throw up over an ending like that. I can't believe it,they've ruined everything....

btw, lovelyone, can you give me a link to podcast? I haven't been able to find it....

LovelyOne
I dont have the link but apparently its under secrets of the caribbean episode 4

and yeah. Edit and moved hereL

Oh dude i feel like crying. major downer for a Saturday morning

ohhhh why did I have to get so caught up in J/E..I love it so much..and I never usually love the "love aspect" of a movie the very most but in this case I do cuz he's my fave character ever...this whole love thing in DMC is what actually made him my fave character ever.

cuz its Jack Sparrow..and now we see more dimensions too him..and he's to end up by his onesies? Just like he was in movie 1?

Alina
Join the club, I'm sitting here in the libary sniffing...and I agree why did I have to "fall in love" with P1, Jack and JE? Now they are ripping it away from me...Poor Jack, poor Jack....I can't live without me JE-kick, this is horrible...myabe I should go back to X-files, though it's been years, at least Mulder and Scully ended up together and they didn't die!!!
But I'll miss The Lovely Jack Sparrow....
Well I'm off, see you all on monday!

LovelyOne
I should go back to buffy^^..I loved that...and with that I actually got the spike/buffy ending I wanted...the one that made sense to everything else in the story between the two..all the chemistry..all the tension laughing out loud

Ok bye xx

LovelyOne
Alina...I have to say that there is something realy odd though..I read the salmon revision script..and the ending to it was so random..and now that ending has "been removed"

but the randomness of it suggested they were hiding something about the ending. and now that they have "taken it out" just like they did with the Barbossa ending to DMC script its even more suspicious..

It involved Liz

katelovespirate
um guys, i dont think that's the final say.

Elizabeth may sacrifice her soul to Calypso, but that is not the end.

got me?

twists guys, remember the twists. There is always another bend in the plot.

this movie is going to give us plot whip lash.

the films arent going to end with Elizabeth some tragic spirit. mark my words.

wink

*jcd*gmc*
ummmm.... you know the whole thing about movies 4, 5, and 6? well, on another post, it said keira hadn't responded yet--maybe they have to kill her off.......maybe she said NO, peoples!

surfchikpir8fan
no plz lovelyone & alina & every1 else plz c da movie! plz plz plz plz it could have a cliffhanger n then lead directly in2 a 4th or something like dat i dont wanna assume anything til i c da movie! plz gals ( n guys ) dont lose faith! thats wat u were always trying 2 tell us lovelyone! n if it doesnt work out ... we can always meet up outside disney studios n start a protest of something lol! i can imagine lil campfires ... every1 either yelling at disney or belting out "yo ho yo ho a pirates life 4 me!" lol theyll be good days! us kmc's wont rest til we have wat we want ... RITE! NOW WHO'S WIF ME!?

katelovespirate
yeah guys seriously chill out... that's not the ending.

it may be a plot tool but its not the final ending.

they said bittersweet not tragic. and the bittersweet has to do with the state of piracy as a whole anyways.

we've heard MANY different endings from MANY different sources and they have all been telling us completely different stuff.

this is one very vague POSSIBILITY told by a dude who probably had no clue about anything else going on in the film... what happened in the script AFTER Elizabeth voted to sacrifice her soul, etc.

this article sounds the same as the one that was convinced Will was dying... know what I'm saying?

surfchikpir8fan
kk thanx im all good now lol

LovelyOne
they said DMC ended on closure for the love triangle. Liz did the stupid thing to save Will. She then decided to return to Jack..

Kate I wouldnt be worried about it if it didnt tie in with that thing on podcast.

ToddianGirl
Everyone please lets just breathe! I really don't think they are going to kill off Elizabeth. Everyone we need to calm down and take a deep breath. Disney is NOT stupid they are not going to do this they want to make this film just as sucessful as DMC. So please lets not jump the gun here okay.

LovelyOne
I have to admit. I'm really suspicious about that ending taken out of the salmon script.

1. Its random and doesnt tie in with anything in the rest of the script

2. Its been "removed"

3. why even add a random scene like that into a script and then take it out?

(its not Liz dying BTW)

johnnyforever
WHAT?!! Kill off ole lizzy?

2 words. no. way. trust me, disney isn't that stupid. she is the main character. if they do away with her, it would be, 1. a bad ending, 2. it wouldn't bring in a billion dollars like the other one, and 3. they wouldn't be able to make any more sequels.

BECAUSE: my mom said, that she heard on E! News, that 'they' i'm not sure, had signed on for more sequels. i don't know how many, or who signed on. but i don't think disney would just, drop something that's making THAT much money.

so, Relax! everything's gonna be o.k.! big grin

ToddianGirl
I know what you mean Lovelyone. They NOT going to kill Elizabeth off it would make no sense for them to that. I also do NOT buy this article. It could be made up you know to stir up trouble. As Johnnyforever said we all need to just calm down. It's going to be okay! "Everything is all right if I just Breathe"-Michelle Branch "Breathe" Keep saying that it will help everyone to relax and calm down. Remember everyone Captain Jack loves us! LOL!

tee_pirategirl
OH MY GOD I'm freaking out. but first I must say somethin..don't become unobssesed just cause of a wierd rumor, you know I once decided that I was gonna forget about POTC for awhile, get on with my life and stop thinking about it so damn much but decided against it cause even if I don't get what I want it's really fun hanging with you guys and trying to figure things out and hearing all these rumors and going "yeeeeees!!!" and "nooooo!!" it's just too sweet to give up on so easily so I just want to ask all of you to give AWE a chance.

secondly we've had a lot off these rumors. this is wierd but when I first read the post that said lizzie'll probably die I laughed!! I actually laughed cause my first thought was "no way!" and my second one was "though that'll be the suckiest thing ever but wouldn't it be intresting to see the fued end? no one gets the girl eh? there IS no girl to get. aint that sad? but wouldn't it be intrestin to see KMC and KTTC unite to fight and keep lis from dieng. now THAT I wanna see!" ofcourse once it sank in I totally stopped laughin but still I mean we can't know until the film's actually out..and I really trust T&T, gore, johnny....so it'll be a great film

Swann&Sparrow
You know, I was in an Emo stage already. Now I feel like this whole world is gone f*cking crazy, what is up with that. Now there's no hope, when those spoilers of EW and all this sh*t was out I felt like that was the end, but now there is no hope...

None, if they kill her, they kill me.

I'm never ever watch one of T&T's movies, even think about watching Orlando Bloom again, ever want to see another thing about pirates.

I'm just dead now.

Dead.

tee_pirategirl
no I really don't think they'll kill her.. T&T don't do that in any of their movies + johnny and keira are the two main ppl in this film and if they make a fourth one which they probably will she has to be in it..we've heard alot of rumors that werent true..

you can't give up before seeing AWE

evilm0nki3
Hm.

If that happens.. then there will probably be another twist..

like kate said...

Is a salmon script a certain kind of script or just the code name or something?

Swann&Sparrow
How could they do that to Lizzie. I don't think that would be her character at all, AT ALL. NO NO NO NO NO NO WAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY!!!!

We HAVE TO rally against this, we have to. There still might be some time, I don't wanna have to sit through the death of my favorite character.

Gore is now my most hated hated guy in the world, Jerry is the devil himself and T&T are the worst of them all.

RIP Lizzie.

How could they do that to Jack, and even the Unuich, even the Unuich. How...?...

a-k-a-amber
NO way kill lizzie that may happen... actually that kinda makes it interesting setup for pirates 4 lol no i dont think so but if they they will probably bring her back and what is the salmon script?

a-k-a-amber
unless maybe shes doing it for will or jack to save them...

tee_pirategirl
totally agreed but I really think liz is gonna stay even if not they'll bring her back..

and although I'm a J/E shipper I think lizzie's not gonna end up with either of them...williy boy's definitely gonna turn fish face and lizzie's grieving so no sense for her to be with jack but i think we'll have a 4 so..

Swann&Sparrow
I don't care if she's doing it to save the whole world, that doesn't makes sense for her to sacrifice AGAIN. She already KILLED HER OWN LOVE {Jack} for the Unuich and now she's going to kill herself?

Plus what's this whole crap with Calypso, I never liked Tia {In fact the only thing I liked about her is that she had a chance of distracting the Unuich} and now Elizabeth has to GIVE HERSELF UP FOR HER!!!

Nah uh, NO WAY! That is TOO FAR! And that's cheap, it's taking the easy way out. Oh the guys are having difficulties so lets just kill the girl. WTF!!!

NO!

That's NOT THE WAY, stupid stupid stupid stuipid stupid!!!!!!

And I don't care if they make another trilogy, and I really don't like the theory of 'Let the Unuich have Lizzie in AWE, they'll make a J/E trilogy later" What? No.

That's not right, it's like this, you know how Ted and Terry said they had closier with DMC even though they were making AWE? Well that means if Elizabeth ends up with the Unuich in AWE that means that's the real ending and there wouldn't be much of a point for the second trilogy except to make the fangirls happy and to reel in the money.

I have to stop freaking out, we all have to. T&T won't do this, they are smart men and they WON'T CAN'T AND WON'T kill Lizzie.

Mistypirate
Guys I don't think you should be worry, Remember Naomi in that interview, she said that her character was going to have an exciting departure.Plus Elizabeth doesn't now the story of the FD. Those rumours are to far fetch. Its not going to happen

Mistypirate
Ok I got another theory, Liz will probably cast her self in to the sea. But somebody said, I don't remember who. That Jack jumps in to the water and saves her.

Swann&Sparrow
Aw, good good. That's wonderful, that does two things. Shows how much Jack loves her and how he would never let her kill herself for anyone {and how the Unuich wouldn't do anything to save her} and it reminds me of when they met in Port Royal. And it would let Lizzie see that Jack loves her.

Kill two birds with one stone!

ladyofthesilent
I am new to this community though I suppose some of you might already know me from livejournal or the "Swanns and Sparrows"-forum.

Anyway, I don't think that this rumour is worth all the fuss. It doesn't sound like something someone has said to a journalist and it really doesn't fit with any of the other rumours.

So I suggest we all calm down a bit and focus on the more reliable sources - like TnT-quotes and the leaked script.

For anyone interested, I wrote a really large post on what there is to give us hope for the J/E ship over at my livejournal. I am not allowed to post a link but have a look at the Sparrabeth community and you'll find me under the same username there.

Mistypirate
Thank you so much. And welcome to this forum
I really don't believe in that suppose interview, it doesn't sound real

Can we please have the link to your website, I'm interested in reading it.

ladyofthesilent
I'd really like to post the link but this forum tells me that I am not allowed to post links ...

The post is in my livejournal (I am "ladyofthesilent" there as well), so maybe someone who's allowed to do so could post the link ...

Mistypirate
Oh I forgot new members aren't allowed, i'll look for it. Thank You smile

a-k-a-amber
i think , if anything, it will seem like she is dead or something and jack and will will be heartbroken then she will take a breath or something but.... i just dont know... i think her sacrificing herself is a good plotline but i also agree with you Swann&Sparrow T&T wont do that ..... I hope

oh and Hi ladyofthesilent! ive read lots of your stories on LJ and FF and they are awsome! oh yeah i can write the link for your LJ if u want me to PM me and i will everyone will have to copy and paste it into the WWW box though

tee_pirategirl
this rumor is OFFICIALLY false I repeat OFFICIALLY--- well not officially really but listen to this I can't find the link to it but i'll try but I can isure u this is true I found it a few weeks ago and saved it to my PC. just read.

"Though rumors have ben flying around for a while now it has been confirmed by one of the CGI specialists that some of the information from the supposed trailor script are in fact true and that the extras are to be blamed. But this doesn't mean you can trust whatever you hear mates, fans have been making fake trailer scripts for a while now using the real information and combining it with their own imagination. However it has been overheard -by one of the crew members- that parts of the scripts such as: Elizabeth Swann's night time singing in harbors of singapore, William Turner's sword fighting with asian captain Sao Fang , Jack Sparrow's struggling in purgatory, Jack sparrow and Elizabeth Swann falling into the sea from a high point and Governer Swann signing important papers by gun point will infact be part of the trailer."

IF JACK AND LIZZIE ARE FALLING INTO THE SEA TOGETHER FROM A HIGH POINT THEN....gals are hope is restored! HUZZAH! HUZZAH!

but seriousely she can't die..they wouldn't put it in the trailer if it was a hint at her dieng + jack's with her so either they both die (jack isn't gonna die again we know that) or the both live

tee_pirategirl
I wish I'd remembered this sooner but I when Misty said about jack savin her I remembered that I'd read it too. big grin I'm so happy I found this. I'm gonna go search for a link maybe we can find out more

a-k-a-amber
oh if jack and liz fall into the sea together it could be mimic ing jacks departure in the first one that woould be kinda cute

Mistypirate
Originally posted by Swann&Sparrow
Aw, good good. That's wonderful, that does two things. Shows how much Jack loves her and how he would never let her kill herself for anyone {and how the Unuich wouldn't do anything to save her} and it reminds me of when they met in Port Royal. And it would let Lizzie see that Jack loves her.

Kill two birds with one stone!

You know what? you are right, if Jack does this, he will be showing her how much he loves and cares for her. He will be showing her that is not worth saving someone that doesn't deserves her. Clearly the whelp's intentions are something else, which is to save his daddy. He is not going to be thinking of Liz when he stabs the heart, he will not be dying for her, he will be dying to save his father. I believe she will be casting herself in to the sea in desperation, she does loves Will, and she is willing to do anything to protect him. That's the kind of love she feels for him. She think she has the responsibility to protect him. I believe she took to seriously what Liz's father asked her at the beginning of COTBP. Which was go with him and "watch over him". And yes it would be something similar as to what happened in COTBP when Jack saved her for the first time.

a-k-a-amber
oh i didn't see that post i think thats a good solution jack jumping in to save her thats very probable (lol)

charrmgirl2007
"Lovely one said...

here:
The captain of the Flying Dutchman can only go on land every seven years to search for his true love that he lost. There is also a love triangle between him, his love and another man

In the end, it says that the captain finds his love and the only way his curse can be lifted is if his love casts herself into the sea. It says his love knows the story of the Flying Dutchman very well. Even though his love is caught in a love triangle, her faith in the captain is the strongest. So, she casts herself into the sea, the curse is lifted on the Flying Dutchman, and the captain and her go to heaven."

It could mean Jones and Tia....because it says the captain can only go on land every seven years(really its ten) and if tia is calypso she is trapped in human form so probably in order to free her(calypso's) spirit she'd have to sacrifice herself...
Does that make sense?

Mistypirate
Tee_Pirategirl I LOVEEE YOU. THANKS FOR RESTORING OUR FATE big grin Happy Dance

ToddianGirl
Thank you tee_pirategirl I knew that rumor was not true! Thank god My hope was never gone I knew it wasn't true. I get so sick and tried of people making up rumors just to stir up trouble. I so can't wait for this movie. I knew in my heart it was going to be all right. And look it is! I also wanted to say Jack and Elizabeth are the first movie couple that I loved. I mean I loved other couples but this one is my very first one that I have loved. They simply ROCK!

a-k-a-amber
Originally posted by charrmgirl2007
"Lovely one said...

here:

In the end, it says that the captain finds his love and the only way his curse can be lifted is if his love casts herself into the sea. It says his love knows the story of the Flying Dutchman very well. Even though his love is caught in a love triangle, her faith in the captain is the strongest. So, she casts herself into the sea, the curse is lifted on the Flying Dutchman, and the captain and her go to heaven."

It could mean Jones and Tia....because it says the captain can only go on land every seven years(really its ten) and if tia is calypso she is trapped in human form so probably in order to free her(calypso's) spirit she'd have to sacrifice herself...
Does that make sense? i think it makes sense but what would cause her to sacrifice herself.. i mean does she know shes calypso? cause if she doesn't she didn't strike me as the type to take a chance of killing herself if it wasn't true

ladyofthesilent
I like the idea of Jack and Liz falling into the sea from a high point. Maybe this is linked to the rumour which says that Jack is injured during a fight with Davy Jones and falls from the Dutchman's crow's nest - maybe Liz jumps into the sea as well to save him.

Note that in CotBP, both Elizabeth and Jack fall into the sea; it would be an interesting development if in AWE, they fell together. I think there might also by some symbolism behind it all ...

Mistypirate
Yes it makes perfect sense, and if the Capt. and her go to heaven that means the FD is going to need a new Captain. Well the curse is going to be lifted from the FD meaning Bootstrap curse is going to be lifted as well. Ok here is the part that I don't understand why will the Whelp stab the heart if the curse has been lifted, or does he have to stab it first in order to lift the curse? Did I confuse everyone? confused

a-k-a-amber
Originally posted by Mistypirate
Yes it makes perfect sense, and if the Capt. and her go to heaven that means the FD is going to need a new Captain. Well the curse is going to be lifted from the FD meaning Bootstrap curse is going to be lifted as well. Ok here is the part that I don't understand why will the Whelp stab the heart if the curse has been lifted, or does he have to stab it first in order to lift the curse? Did I confuse everyone? confused I'm starting to think Will isn't going to be the one that captains the flying dutchman i thin its going to be Barbossa I mean technically he is going to have to find a place in the world too so why wouldn't he take it? unless of course he still wants the Pearl... but i dont think he will get it.

oh man you know what is the rumor about him dying true? because if it is just completly ignor my above coment

Mistypirate
Originally posted by ladyofthesilent
I like the idea of Jack and Liz falling into the sea from a high point. Maybe this is linked to the rumour which says that Jack is injured during a fight with Davy Jones and falls from the Dutchman's crow's nest - maybe Liz jumps into the sea as well to save him.

Note that in CotBP, both Elizabeth and Jack fall into the sea; it would be an interesting development if in AWE, they fell together. I think there might also by some symbolism behind it all ...

Yes I have heard about that rumour that Jack gets injured. And after he gets rescue possibly by Liz, maybe we will get a scene of Liz taking care of him and healing his injuries. That would be cute to watch.
There has to be a connection somehow, in COTBP we saw that Liz felled first to the water and Jack jumping in to rescue her. Maybe in AWE we will see Jack falling and Liz jumping in to rescue him

tee_pirategirl
yaaaaaaaaaay I'm so happy! I wish I could find the link though cause I'm sure I remember there was a bit more about what was/wasn't on the trailor and any ways you guys keira has already says that POTC, P & P are her favorite movies that she ever did and I don't think she'll leave the franchise and if she WANTS to stay I think gore/jerry would love for her to continue

Chiki Mina
whats all this about Liz dying? wtf

Mistypirate
Originally posted by a-k-a-amber
I'm starting to think Will isn't going to be the one that captains the flying dutchman i thin its going to be Barbossa I mean technically he is going to have to find a place in the world too so why wouldn't he take it? unless of course he still wants the Pearl... but i dont think he will get it.

oh man you know what is the rumor about him dying true? because if it is just completly ignor my above coment

Well I think Barbosa is going to Captain the Black Peal, as you saw in DMC Jack though of the Pearl as only a ship, he kind of has lost interest in the ship. He realized that there are more important things other than material possessions. His character is evolving and growing interests as well. And thats not only happening to Jack but to all the other main characters.

Mistypirate
Originally posted by Chiki Mina
whats all this about Liz dying? wtf

Don't worry problem solve, it was just a rumour it was probably true. And the probably removed it. But Tee gave us hope. So those rumors are thrown away.

ladyofthesilent
Ted Elliott has already confirmed that Jack does not love the Pearl but only what the ship represents to him: Freedom!
In DMC, the Pearl no longer means freedom to him, in fact, it's the deal with Davy Jones he made to get the Pearl back that now threatens to limit his freedom.

The Pearl was once used to transport slaves and I think it's still linked to slavery: Jack is a slave of his own ship and I believe he has to lose the Pearl to gain real freedom.

Chiki Mina
I swear you guys need some anti-rumor spray...

Swann&Sparrow
There's too much sarcrificing in my perspective. Way too much.

There's this rumour that Barbosa would sarcrifice himself to save Jack.

Lizzie would sacrifice herself for the Unuich.

Tia for Davey.

WTF, way too much man. Plus if these were ALL rumours do you see a pattern. Will doesn't sacrifice himself for anyone, he just doesn't care enough. And I know some people think he's sacrificing his life for his father, but he's still going to live somewhat, and plus that would endager all those peope too {'And who's to stop his terrible beastie on the loose?"}

Mistypirate
Originally posted by Swann&Sparrow
There's too much sarcrificing in my perspective. Way too much.

There's this rumour that Barbosa would sarcrifice himself to save Jack.

Lizzie would sacrifice herself for the Unuich.

Tia for Davey.

WTF, way too much man. Plus if these were ALL rumours do you see a pattern. Will doesn't sacrifice himself for anyone, he just doesn't care enough. And I know some people think he's sacrificing his life for his father, but he's still going to live somewhat, and plus that would endager all those peope too {'And who's to stop his terrible beastie on the loose?"}

I think he will be sacrificing himself for his father, because i think that when he stabs the heart the curse is going to be lifted. Therefore he lied when he said in COTBP that he would die for Liz, but in fact he is going to be doing it for his daddy.

Chiki Mina
Well, I dont think he lied about him dying for Liz. I know he would do it, but in COTBP at that time. Now that he kept his promise to his dad, now he will die for him and im pretty sure he'll do it for liz too.

Mistypirate
Ted Elliott has already confirmed that Jack does not love the Pearl but only what the ship represents to him: Freedom!
In DMC, the Pearl no longer means freedom to him, in fact, it's the deal with Davy Jones he made to get the Pearl back that now threatens to limit his freedom.

The Pearl was once used to transport slaves and I think it's still linked to slavery: Jack is a slave of his own ship and I believe he has to lose the Pearl to gain real freedom.

Exactly Jack is a slave of his own ship, I believed he realised that in DMC. He wants to be free from the Pearl in order to have some other type freedom. In a way the Pearl was limiting his true happiness

tee_pirategirl

good point ted DID say that he loves the freedome and the most hroic moment for him was when he said "it's only a ship mate." because 10 he wanted to make them leave 2) it was ONLY a ship after that..it was no longer freedom. but i think we'll be seeing more of the pearl in AWE

Chiki Mina
well...duh. COTPB at the beach scene, he said what the ship really is is FREEDOM He was in love with what the ship sybolized to him. By the end of DMC "It's only a ship, mate"

Mistypirate
Well, I dont think he lied about him dying for Liz. I know he would do it, but in COTBP at that time. Now that he kept his promise to his dad, now he will die for him and im pretty sure he'll do it for liz too.

Yes you right he was willing to die for her at that time. But when he found his dad, I think his whole perspective changed. Now whats more important for him is to save his dad. I just can't see how he will be dying for Liz, maybe he wants her to be happy, because he knows that Liz feelings aren't the same, but she is willing to marry him in order to save him. Therefore, by stabbing the heart and going away, Liz will be able to go on with her life.

Chiki Mina
People think its selfish that Will asks her to marry him before he dies. I don't think its selfish at all. He knows hes going to die, I think that he at least deserves to see part of his dreams come true: His father free and marrying Liz. He knows by the time he dies, Liz will have her life back. Till death do us apart as I always say. Its more of a favor in his death bed. Its not harassing nor forcing Liz, and Liz understands it and I'm pretty sure Jack does too.

Even if the death part wouldn't exist, he still wouldn't force her to marry him against her will. If he loves her that much, he would want her to be happy. At least he will die thinking that Liz will be truly happy with Jack and that Jack will take care of her.

Swann&Sparrow
I think T&T would show that the ship was holding Jack down, in the leaked script it metioned that Jack was dragging The Pearl in his Purogatory.

This would probably just show the ignorant people that think Jack is his ship and his ship is him the end that there is more to Jack than a rudder some sails and rum.

Swann&Sparrow
And I think in CotBP, Jack was talking to Lizzie and saying that it's not what a ship needs it what a ship is, I think he was kindof talking to himself too. You know, he's kind of saying that he doesn't just need food and water and air to live, he needs more. He is more.

And he was starting to believe that his ship is not the only thing he needs in his life, that he mistakenly took his ship to be the only repersentation of freedom. But he was slowly realizing it, and in DMC he had realized it. He gave it up, and in AWE he'll probalbly give it up again.

Mistypirate
Right in away the Pearl is limiting him, to have freedom for other things. He started realizing how his life would be if he had other things. Things that deep down inside he desired and wanted to have, but was unable to. I think Jack loves being a pirate and a Captain but, he is not truly happy. He longed something else, something that will give him true happiness.

ladyofthesilent
I just watched the movie "Peter Pan" (with the adorable Jason Isaacs as Hook) and it occured to me that Jack is actually a lot like Peter. Peter has his freedom, he doesn't have to grow up and his whole life appears to be frolicking and fun; but then, we learn through Wendy that he has forgotten about one very important thing: He has forgotten about love.

Like Jack, Peter sacrificed the relationships he may have had to other people (his parents, etc.) to his freedom. Of course, this prevents him from being together with Wendy who believes he doesn't have any emotions. So it is not until she betrays him and hooks up with the evil Captain Hook that he realizes he has to show her he cares. And so he slowly remembers his former self, his parents and his ability to love.

I actually can see parallels to J/E here. Jack pretends to be the ultimate free man; he doesn't care about anyone but himself until he meets Elizabeth- Elizabeth who tells him that he's actually a good man. And remember Jack's character doesn't change - he is revealed which means that Jack doesn't have to discover his emotions, he has to remember them.

Because I am sure Jack is able to love another person - he very much proved it in DMC!

LovelyOne
Oh yeah thats a cool way to look at it "slave of his own ship"

He actually gets chained to it at the end lol.

and welcome..I haven't seen you about here before?? smile

ladyofthesilent
No, I just joined today :-)

Thanks for the welcome, I really love the atmosphere here - so much better than KttC!

And btw, notice that the Pearl is also part of Jack's purgatory. She's stuck in the sand and he clings to her, trying to pull her out, but to no avail. I really think that Jack has to lose the Pearl to finally gain freedom.

Chiki Mina
yeah lady welcome! Sorry I did not notice we had a new user. OOOO LLLOOOOVVVEEELLLYYYY!!!! IIII GOOOOTTT SOOOMMMEEETTTHIIINNNGGG FOOOORRR YOOOUUU!!

Surreal_44
I like the idea of Liz dying to save Will. Makes sense that she would, since he is the one she loves. wink

Then Jack can bring both Will and Elizabeth back. Works for me. big grin

Chiki Mina
No, I just joined today :-)

Thanks for the welcome, I really love the atmosphere here - so much better than KttC!

And btw, notice that the Pearl is also part of Jack's purgatory. She's stuck in the sand and he clings to her, trying to pull her out, but to no avail. I really think that Jack has to lose the Pearl to finally gain freedom.

Hey lady. Sorry I did not welcome you nor say hello. Im glad you like it here big grin hope you enjoy your stay here. Your past of the KMC girls family. Its official, if anyone messes wtih you, I'll cut their parts and sell them on ebay. Cookies anyone smile?

LovelyOne
Originally posted by Surreal_44
I like the idea of Liz dying to save Will. Makes sense that she would, since he is the one she loves. wink

Then Jack can bring both Will and Elizabeth back. Works for me. big grin

oh..but AWE and PotC is "NOT a love story" roll eyes (sarcastic)

and NOW you believe the thing about Will's death ay??..laughing out loud

that doesnt mean the end of it..remember what happened at the end of DMC with the closure? Thats not how DMC "closed"

She did the stupid, idiotic thing and found out that she wasnt really happy with Will, and so she runs back to Jack. she could have forgot about Jack. Had a happy ever after..but no She decideds not to. If a happy end with Will was what she wanted most in the world..she wouldnt have gone to get Jack back and putherself and Will in danger again (the thing she option she refused earlier BTW).. I bet if she had compass in hand in that scene..it would have pointed straight to Worlds End, to Jack ..and not Will the Thrill..didnt point to him at all in DMC it seems smile

Surreal_44
No, the movies aren't love stories, but there is love in them. The love of W/E. Undying love, I might add. big grin

Oh and I don't know if I believe the rumor about Will's death any more than I did before. I'm just saying that I like the idea of Liz dying to save Will's soul, because it's been a pet theory of mine for ages. big grin She'd have to do something to prove her love to Will after her betrayel.

Technically, she'd have to prove her love to Jack too, else he might be worried about her trying to kill him again. So either way, Liz dying makes a lot of sense.

And no, she's not running back to Jack because she realizes she doesn't love Will. She's going back to save Jack because she wants to rectify the wrong she'd done to him.

Oh, and welcome, ladyofthesilent. I'm the resident, unabating, annoying and argumentative W/E supporter (not shipper big grin ). Have fun, and much luck to you in trying to ruin my theories.

LovelyOne
I'm sorry surreal thats BS about her only going back because she has no feelings for him and she only wants to say "sorry"

not after what you just saw on screen between the two before she left him on the pearl..had it just been a kiss and then she left..I would believe that, but the scene showed so much more than that.it showed her true emotions for him, she ALMOST KISSED THE MAN AGAIN, that means her feelings for him are still very much there and you expect us to believe that in the hut those feelings have suddenly gone and all she wants is to say "sorry I dont have feelings for you"

actually..I highly doubt Elizabeth will end up with Will after what she did to Jack..She will need to redeem herself for JACK otherwise her character will be pretty much hated for an eternity. And somehow I dont think killing herself for Will clarifies as redeeming herself for Jack.

Surreal_44
No, killing herself for Will would be for Will...so exactly right there, LovelyOne. Liz loves Will.

And I surely can tell you that the almost second kiss means nothing, since you can flat-out state that Will, the first movie and the near-wedding were meaningless as well.

Basically, J/E was a device to make things interesting and to set up conflict in the third movie. If Will does stab the heart, then it will be because he feels Elizabeth is no longer in his reach. Then Liz will sacrifice herself for Will, because she loves him.

Now, I'd love to debate more, but I have to get ready for dinner with a friend. See you later!

LovelyOne
actually thats hilarious to think that..

Its like saying Leia clearly showed she has feelings for hans..and then when she goes to get him back in movie 3 its only to redeem herself for allowing him to die in ESB..complete tripe to even believe that

Surreal you CLEARLY see that Lis has feelings for Jack before she leaves him and in the hut they are just not there?

plus surreal...Dont take what T&T say on face value..it usually means something else when you look harder.

Terry on wordplay said that thing about Jack being a god imprisoned in human form would be relevent in movie 3..everyone thinks.Oh its Jack..but its not.

LovelyOne
and besides if thats what you really think she is feeling in the hut(which i tink is BS)...doesnt that still suggest that she will decide to give up Will in AWE and return to Jack to REDEEM herself? just like she did in DMC..it was her last emotional choice after all..and it didnt have anything to do with Will Turner at all.

Chiki Mina
Surreal seriosly...why you think DMC hit the billion mark and COTBP didnt. Sure they both are hell of a movie. But what was it that made it so big?

LovelyOne
I don't think the kiss with Will means nothing..It just didn't have much emotion in it..if it was meant to have emotion in it, it would have been expressed differently on film..with music, and film language. the final Jack/Liz scene in DMC was very, very emotionally packed. It was different to CotBP..Liz actually jumped backward when Will kissed her..and she did it again in AWE.

The 1st one in movie 1 was robbed of much emotion and heat because her dad was just staring at her being smooched, with every close will/Liz moment in both movies(apart from the one where Will gets angry)..people are watching or listening in as if there is a window barring them from reality..as if its all a show.

Spielberg uses similar techniques..he makes it look as if the characters are looking through a screen at something just like the audience are which makes what we see seem less real.

Also if this was the proper end.. I doubt they would have such an obvious spoiler on podcast. It doesn't take two guesses to realise that Will has a destiny tied in with that ship because of what Tia said to him..so people will figure out what that spoiler means in a heart beat and so people will be thinking they are all smart and think thats how it will end and this means the real ending can reamin more secret. I don't think that is the final thing we will see in AWE with Elizabeth and her emotional choices.

If the closure is there in DMC it means her last emotional choice is Jack and not Will Turner, that last choice of hers had nothing to do with Will Turner at all, It was to do with her and Jack Sparrow...It matters not what she's feeling towards Jack at the time or why she goes back for Jack at the time. She will ultimately give up an ending with Will to go back to Jack..end of nuff said.

Chiki Mina
To me that kiss on the beach scene was more like a show. And the "Ive come to find the man I love" is all a show.

I think Liz does it in a way to tease Jack, and on the beach scene was more like showing to ppl that she want Will the most not Jack.

LovelyOne
And Surreal44..the majority of the audience are Jack Sparrow fans nt Will turner fans..you really think they will want to see their fave character and his emotions be used as a mere spanner in the works so that the support character can be happy?

Thats gonna piss off many, many people

Before I was a shipper, I thought Jack being used to help Will/Liz get together in movie 1 was OK because he didnt really "care" about not having Liz (or so it would seem wink He seemed happy just being with his pearl, although DMC the end of Potc 1 and start of DMC would suggest different )

If this technique is being used again Its not going to have the same affect on the audience THIS time Jack's emotions are in the mix too. He's in love with Elizabeth If he ends up with nothing and Liz ends up with Will, Its not going to be cute or funny because this time Jack is serious about wanting Liz in his life. He's now showing a dislike towards his Pearl, it doesnt mean freedom to him anymore..Pirate life is coming to a close..

what's the poor man going to have in life if he doesnt have his pearl, and if he cant be a pirate anymore? What on earth does he have to live for once everything is taken away from him?

You can say his father..but funny how that apperntly every scene between Jack and his father has Liz present..

He's going to die if he remains a pirate like he was in movie 1 with no one to fight for..no one to live for.

I'm sure the audience would just LOVE to see that

Swann&Sparrow
Surreal__44

One major thing that makes me twitch with a burning, scalding, boiling anger is the fact that you 'CLAIM' to be a "SUPPORTER OF EW" and not a "SHIPPER" when ever single post you make is EW based.

THAT IS CALLED BEING A SHIPPER, YOU TALK EW, YOU EAT EW, AND YOU BREATH EW...AT LEAST THAT'S WHAT WE SEE. SO DON'T COME IN HERE AND CLAIM THAT YOUR NOT A SHIPPER, CAUSE YOU'RE BEING BIASED WITHOUT SAYING THAT YOU ARE.

US J/E SHIPPPERS SAY WE'RE SHIPPERS AND EVERYONE KNOWS WE'RE GOING TO BE BIASED WITH OUR VIEWS AND POSTS {THOUGH ALOT OF US DO LOOK AT FACTS AND NOT DELUSIONS THAT WE MAKE UP}. BUT FOR YOU TO CONSTENTLY PROMOTE EW IS CALLED BEING A SHIPPER.

SO DON'T GIVE US THIS ABOUT NOT BEING ONE.

It's pissing me off. Thanks.

aniron
you can't imagine how happy i am at the idea of this! (implodes with joy)

Mistypirate
Originally posted by aniron
you can't imagine how happy i am at the idea of this! (implodes with joy)

Well sorry to crash your hopes, but that is not going to happen, get it through your little head Keira. big grin

aniron
1- why u callin me keira? i'm just not getting it? i like the name though (just not the plak with it).

2= wot r u a fortune teller?

Chiki Mina
Originally posted by Mistypirate
Well sorry to crash your hopes, but that is not going to happen, get it through your little head Keira. big grin

LMAO!! can I get your autograph

Chiki Mina
1- why u callin me keira? i'm just not getting it? i like the name though (just not the plak with it).

2= wot r u a fortune teller?

no no fortune teller. Just plain ol genius wink

aniron
you can have my autograph if you like but it won't be worth anything.

hmmm modest I see, but genius or no, you still get garuntee the future no matter how much you quod ppl.

Chiki Mina
You dont have to be a fortune teller to see these patterns. Im sorry dear if you hate elizabeth alot...but seriously get some help. Its not very healthy for ya. Jelousy is a very ugly thing.

aniron
how can i be jealous of someone i would never choose to be if my life depended on it? I don't want to have no talent, look like a man and embarress myself by being alive thank you very much!

Chiki Mina
ur jelous is the sick type. bc keira got to kiss johnny and orlando. big deal. we all want a kiss from them, just bc keira kissed them both doesnt make her a damn ****. besides its called acting, so get over it thatnk you very much!

ivebeendepped43
^^ aacccctttuuaaalllyyyyyy it does! in my book anyway

aniron
lots of actresses get to kiss johnny and orlando and i don't hate them! e.g diane kruger, winona ryder. love them

LovelyOne
according to anrion characters like Jack dont develop in movies they just stand in one spot and never change throughout the entire movie stick out tongue

Ok so Jack didnt suddenly turn from coward to brave man in DMC becuase of Liz..I must have been seeing things. That must have been Jack's evil twin horatio blowing up the kraken. The real Jack that "we all love" escaped in the little boat somewhere off screen like a little pussy..the "one we all love"

Chiki Mina
goody for you

aniron
funny i can't actually find the page where i say (and i quote): "characters like that don't develop.....they just stand in one spot" and we're not talkin jack we're talkin about plankety plank. I've just proven that my hatred isn't jelousy. must be instinct.

LovelyOne
you dont say it..I never said you said that directly I didnt even quote you directly...you kinda implied it with the kind of Jack will always remain the same kinda posts in your 1 man band thing...

have you ever looked at the hero's 12 steps thing??? I think you should. then look at Jack..and you will see that he is developing as a hero..or "anti-hero"

aniron
you kinda assumed it you mean.

LovelyOne
well I am entitled to interpret your post how I want...please do tell me what you actually meant then?

aniron
did i say you couldn't "interrupt" my post?

you assumed that I thought jack was...... blah blah blah

aniron
oh interepret i c, well yes you can but don't go shouting it from the rooftops without actually gaining the facts.

Chiki Mina
ok first u dont have to be a scientis or a film study. All characters developed in each story. T&T said it that all thse characters will change in each movie. Whats the point of writing the same old character...its fukin boring. Have you read the 12 steps?

LovelyOne
well..you kinda did imply it...did you not? If not then what does one man band mean when you look at Jack? That he will always be the same and on his own?

secondly.. I was pretty calm and as usual you assume anyone who counters your opinion is trying to stab you.....

and I need the mental hospital??...ok..then..*cucoo!* *points at you*

aniron
one man band as in a loose man, can't be stuck with one person. a loner.

Chiki Mina
im sorry aniron u dont make sense.

aniron
hmmmmm

LovelyOne
one man band as in a loose man, can't be stuck with one person. a loner.
I actually meant in terms of how that can be applied to Jack...Jack started like that and you think he will end like that?

meaning you dont think jack is developing at all?

aniron
my question wasn't even about development.

LovelyOne
well you said Jack wont change..and that means his character is not developing...???...Ok seriously I'm putting you on my ignore list you just live to annoy I swear

Chiki Mina
Originally posted by LovelyOne
I actually meant in terms of how that can be applied to Jack...Jack started like that and you think he will end like that?

meaning you dont think jack is developing at all?

its doesnt make sense. Lovely is right. Not only im going by her bc shes my friend but shes right. You cant have a character the same at the begining, change, then change back like the beginning. Its vomiting and eating your vomit again. Its just fu**** up

aniron
what are you talking about? i never sed jack wouldnt changed, iv argued point blank that he has changed but to much! hence the whole first film practically non existing. my point is that its to rapid, to hollywood. what are you talking about? (p.s if you live in uk, turn your clocks back).

Jack of Blades
NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I CANT GET MY GAME TO WORK!!!!!

Chiki Mina
Jack didnt change too much. wtf are u talking about there. ur the one whos not making sense. Jack is still Jack. Hes changed but for the better. Hes still Jack Sparrow.

katelovespirate
Originally posted by LovelyOne
well you said Jack wont change..and that means his character is not developing...???...Ok seriously I'm putting you on my ignore list you just live to annoy I swear

heeeheeee.... love that honesty. smile

dude, whether we're talking about a character arc or a character being revealed, Jack is going to APPEAR different in many ways. Because EITHER he is going to change big time OR the fake Jack he was pretending to be will be stripped away to reveal the real Jack.

Personally i think it will be a combination.

but i'm sorry, i dont even really know what the convo was about. lol

aniron
your problem is that you read to deeply into everything. when I say his character has changed to much i want you to take a step back and then look at it.

Jack of Blades
Jack didnt change too much. wtf are u talking about there. ur the one whos not making sense. Jack is still Jack. Hes changed but for the better. Hes still Jack Sparrow.
im i dont have a clue what your talking about.i just sayed that i cant get my game to run sad

aniron
is that the potc game? i bought that ages ago and it never worked? or r u on about the nwer one?

Jack of Blades
emmm no i have Legend of Jack Sparrow and i can play it not bad actualy.My Empire at War Forces of Corruption.
Dont Just Controll The Galaxy.Corrupt it

aniron
lol sounds good. i go the first potc game that isn't actually the film. it still don't work. wots the jack sparrow game like? i wasn't sure whether to get it or not? have you ever played broken sword?

Jack of Blades
havent about the brocken sword but for the new game its good.yo ucan be Liz,Will,and offcourse jack,in each mission you have two of them like for exaple jack and will,you get gold and when you have enaugh you can get new atacks and combos.You can With a friend.Its Called Co-Op
The First one was a realy good game too only there its more thinking but you can controll your own ship.upgrade it.do missions fight the Black Pearl,Counqer forts(which protect citys)thats a great game to

aniron
is there strategy involved? i love games that involve logic and stratagy, thats whu i love broken sword.

Jack of Blades
In the First one for exaple when you are out in the sea and have a sea battle youl need to use your skills not just brute force.there wont be any turns so think quick couz the enemy wont be standing in one place.And dont forget that there is 4 types of ammunition.dont rember the name but one is for hull,one is for the crew one is for the sails and one is kinda for everything only not so efecint in that place were the one is special.so yes the games has logic and strategy there.and there will be sword fight(Love em)and there is such thing as a rep(reputaion)you can be a hero(ussauly i am)i know you thought im a bloody pirate always.but i have been him

aniron
wow, sounds well good, i'll think about plunging into my funds to purchase it, but i dunno, i went shopping today. maybe i could put it on my list to santa lol.

Jack of Blades
well i got to go to sleep but if you want to know someting more about it pm me

aniron
will do ta. will go to bedfordSHIRE myself soon. justgunna hnag around a bit longer, tomorrow being sunday an' all. night XxXXx

Surreal_44
Awww, Swann&Sparrow, I thought everyone was getting along so well. Here's the deal, all right?

I ship Norrington and Elizabeth. I've explained before why I like them as a couple. They are excellently suited to each other for intelligence, wit, humor and fearlessness. They look great together. I think both of them have repressed desires that would be explosive and possibly lead to major kink if they joined together in the most intimate of ways. I squee over the few pictures of them I can find together, I squee over any and all fanfiction, I squee over their scenes in the films together. The most glorious ending to AWE that I can imagine is for Norrington and Elizabeth to be together. ...They are my SHIP.

However, I understand and see that Will and Elizabeth are in love and will end up together. That's the bottom line. Much as I WANT, HOPE and DESIRE for Elizabeth to secretly love Norrington and to go to him, it ain't gonna happen.

She loves Will. I'm not sure why it's so hard for you to see this. It isn't a love for a child, like a lot of you make it out to be. She doesn't hate Will, and I don't think she ever is going to abandon him. Everything those two have done in these two movies has been for the OTHER. Not for Jack, not for Tia, not for Gov. Swann, but for each other.

Yes, there is some distance between them. Will is hurt and angry and feels betrayed...who wouldn't? He is thinking ahead, thinking of the future...and probably not thinking about Elizabeth's kiss because it's too painful for him at the moment. Remember, Will offers to bring Jack back. His face softens...he thinks Elizabeth loves Jack.

She doesn't. As for Elizabeth not weeping for Norrington's men, I don't think she understood the magnitude of what she had done. She did try to fix things before it all happened, but it was too late. Her actions INDIRECTLY caused the deaths of those men.

She was the direct cause of Jack's death, which shook her up. She wants to fix it. Also, as far as Ted's (it was Ted, right?) quote is concerned, I want to know how you think that the emotional decision to go fetch Jack back is tied into love. It isn't. Those are tears of regret all right...regret for killing a guy.

Ted also said he was happy with the way the movie ends...which is with Jack dead, and Will and Elizabeth together. Will and Elizabeth are not seperated. They are going to go get Jack back TOGETHER. Not seperately. She's not leaving Will to go off to find Jack on her own. 'Nuff said.

They won't be seperated in the third movie either. Is this concept too hard to grasp? Everything, everything, everything always leads back to W/E. They LOVE each other.

No matter what ship I WANT to see together, it means nothing when everything is about W/E.

I know Terry's quote didn't mean Jack, Lovely. Not everything is as it seems in the world of Pirates...which is why I think you all are getting waaaaaaaaaaay too over-eager for a J/E ending. It isn't going to happen.

LovelyOne
Surreal 44.

your mother always knew it be you who threw de linins down de well....but she forgave you for it stick out tongue

and I will soon find out if Will/Liz are together through much of the story or not.,,salmon script anyway

I dont think they are..apparently Jack and Liz are kinda in the background of this and its mainly focused on Will and his path in life.

BTW..a W/E ending doesnt either love..she ends up on her own..there I said it.

tee_pirategirl
*applauds to surreal* ok I'm not even joking, you put this beautifully and if anyone could persuad me into thinkin W/E will be together that's you cause you don't SHIP it u want E/N to be together but u put your feelings aside to see what really is in the movie and that's why your word is much more of a value than W/E shippers who WANT them to be together and don't SEE it.

but I have to say this...all these theories ARE totally based on movie studies (are they not LovelyOne?) and there is such a thing as "too deep" but this ain't it , take me word for it I'm not gonna get into it but I've seen what too deep is and if u want to just tell me so I can post it but fer now I won't waste time on that the point is: "this is what movie studies IS, these are what u study when u go to class fer it and T&T have also done these studies" but anyways..I'm not sayin J/E WILL be togethercause T&T are really W/E shippers (although they ARE the two ppl who made J/E kiss as opposed to the many other ways lizzie could've distracted that but since many theories are against that lets just ignore it)all I'm sayin is that I WANT, DESIRE and NEED J/E together and i totally confess to being obssesed AND blind to other facts ok? many ppl here aren't blind to things against J/E but I am and I admit it.

Ok I rambled on fer this much just to get to this: no matter what u say at the end of the day we will all want JE even if it aint gonna happen (which probably aint but neither is WE) and you're a good member on this forum so why bother yourself. lets just agree to disagree quite peacefully shall we? (BTW i would much rather see lizzie with norri than will an i totally get why u like them so much they look pretty good together big grin)

katelovespirate
Originally posted by Surreal_44
I understand and see that Will and Elizabeth are in love and will end up together. That's the bottom line. Much as I WANT, HOPE and DESIRE for Elizabeth to secretly love Norrington and to go to him, it ain't gonna happen.

She loves Will. I'm not sure why it's so hard for you to see this. It isn't a love for a child, like a lot of you make it out to be. She doesn't hate Will, and I don't think she ever is going to abandon him. Everything those two have done in these two movies has been for the OTHER. Not for Jack, not for Tia, not for Gov. Swann, but for each other.

Yes, there is some distance between them. Will is hurt and angry and feels betrayed...who wouldn't? He is thinking ahead, thinking of the future...and probably not thinking about Elizabeth's kiss because it's too painful for him at the moment. Remember, Will offers to bring Jack back. His face softens...he thinks Elizabeth loves Jack.

She doesn't. As for Elizabeth not weeping for Norrington's men, I don't think she understood the magnitude of what she had done. She did try to fix things before it all happened, but it was too late. Her actions INDIRECTLY caused the deaths of those men.

She was the direct cause of Jack's death, which shook her up. She wants to fix it. Also, as far as Ted's (it was Ted, right?) quote is concerned, I want to know how you think that the emotional decision to go fetch Jack back is tied into love. It isn't. Those are tears of regret all right...regret for killing a guy.

Ted also said he was happy with the way the movie ends...which is with Jack dead, and Will and Elizabeth together. Will and Elizabeth are not seperated. They are going to go get Jack back TOGETHER. Not seperately. She's not leaving Will to go off to find Jack on her own. 'Nuff said.

They won't be seperated in the third movie either. Is this concept too hard to grasp? Everything, everything, everything always leads back to W/E. They LOVE each other.

No matter what ship I WANT to see together, it means nothing when everything is about W/E.

I know Terry's quote didn't mean Jack, Lovely. Not everything is as it seems in the world of Pirates...which is why I think you all are getting waaaaaaaaaaay too over-eager for a J/E ending. It isn't going to happen.

Everything isn't about W/E. they have about 4 measly scenes together in 1, and like 3 in 2. The focus is on Liz/Jack in 2.

The movie didn't end at all with W/L together--- you just contradicted yourself. You said Will softened and suggested bringing back Jack because he thought Liz loved Jack (and this premise is false because Will's plan is to get the pearl and make sure Jack DOESNT get Liz) so that would mean Will thought he and Liz were over. So that's not "ending the movie together". Know what I'm saying?

And yes, they will be seperated in the third film for much of it. Not only do they hardly ever talk, they never are honest with each other. Will never comes out and says "do you love Jack" and Elizabeth never tells Will what that was all about. how can they develop as a couple if they never talk?
and after that, Liz gets traded, Will makes alliances with the bad guys... etc. Not a whole lot of couple time going on if ya know what i mean.

I dont think you can sufficiently judge what those tears of Lizzie's were for. We can conjecture all we want, but we don't know.

and you can have your opinions, but to say you know for sure what is going to happen just isnt very valid at this point. clearly, the majority of people DONT know what is going to happen, or we wouldnt bother debating.

LovelyOne
BTW..a W/E ending doesnt happen either love..she ends up on her own..there I said it.

plus you REALLY dont get it do you..its not about where they are physically..he never said physically its emotional development..EMOTIONAL..and Will/Liz developed into absolutly NOTHING interesting in DMC..they fell apart..Keira even said this in an interview...and she said her and Jack developed into something interesting...Orlando said his character is now attatced to his father in an interview

Will's emotional development leaned towards his father and further away from Liz. At the end of DMC goshhow hard is that to see? I knew this before I even studied the darn movie and became a shipper..its flat out development right in your face..when I left the cinema I thought..Will's path is now his father..sorry but it doesnt take a fan of the movies to realise that Will's got his dad in his life and he has now become No1 by the time the movie ends.

Jack does not die in awe will does..so yeah thats not the closure to DMC..Jack's death I mean

aniron
how crazy would it be if elizabeth ended up with norrington. although id rather she died i would be quite happy with norri ending up with her- the poor guy deserves some happiness.

LovelyOne
LOL^^ I like norri..I would rather her end up with him than Will

------------------------

also Ted or Terry just said she's feeling "guilty" at the end of DMC..n podcast..or wordplayer I cant remember which.

"guilty" can be used in any context..funny how there is a huge lack of explanation on Liz's feelings at the end of DMC...just one word used to describe them.

Aaso here's what Empire Magazine says happens in the 3rd(some of the 3rd anyway):

Will & Elizabeth: "Their relationship hits the rocks as they discover there are obstacles they might not be able to overcome... Elizabeth will ditch the tomboy look and possibly be kidnapped again. Will will be stuck with Barbossa." (Star Wars pairing, Luke & Leia)

(Luke/Leia...did they end up together?)

Davy Jones: "Villain he may be, but Pirates 3 will explore Squidface's backstory, showing how love drove him to villainy. A last-reel redemption is looking likely." (Star Wars pairing, Darth Vader)

Captain Jack: "Post-rescue will largely be stuck with Davy Jones. Ventures to the literal world's end for one of the film's biggest sequences..."

Norrington: "Betrayer at the end of DMC, you can bet your pieces of eight he's going to come good before the closing credits roll." (Star Wars pairing, Lando Calrissian)

Pirate-kind: "With piracy under threat of extinction, the world's pirates gather in one huge sequence to fight back."

Beckett:"Now in possession of Davy Jones's heart, Beckett will be looking to bring the pirating world to an end. Has severe angry-small-man syndrome." (Star Wars pairing, the Emperor)

So obviously W/E were pretty emotionally far apart by the time movie 2 closed surreal44.

aniron
i have to admit when i saw the film i thought she was just feeling in a shock and bad for killing a man, and that will says he will find jack becaue he thinks it will make her happy. from the way he tells her specifically rather than tia or the whole group. i cant remember what he sed exactly.

LovelyOne
yeah anrion thats true actually. I agree with you

Because they did say the open plot ends like Davy J would be tied up differently if they wern't doing a 3rd but the emotional development in DMC has all the closure we need or something..

so the whole stealing the ship for his dad thing happens in movie 3..and we dont know this yet..but we kinda get a hint that its his dad who is most important..because of that Tia said to him moments before about getting the pearl back to save his dad and after ths he says "lets go get jack!" I bet he wouldnt have said so had she not just said that to him smile

so I kinda think its like Will's heart is with his dad..and he wants to let Liz be happy and go find Jack...cuz of what you noticed too about the ending with Will smile

Anrion have you seen that interview with orlie and Graham Norton?

LovelyOne
this is also rather random..well kinda...it ties in with the ending..are these all the slaves jack released in the past from beckett you think?? It looks like there could be many more of them all in the woods plus the swamp

http://johnny-depp.org/moviepics/potc2_stills/potc2stills09.jpg

ToddianGirl
I think your right Lovelyone. I didn't even think of that, I agree they must be the slaves that Jack has set free. That is a very beautiful and haunting picture.

Jack of Blades
never thought of that before

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>