How Fast is Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Soujaboy
Hiw fast is the man?

Accel
Faster than a speeding bullet, or so I'm told.

ankur29
above the speed of light?

Validus
Mach 3

Juntai
Flying or running?
Running, he's just under Flash/Wally was, minus stepping into the speedforce/time traveling.

Flying, he's been shown around 20x lightspeed. As they don't always write distance traveled, exact speed, or the variables needed to come up with an idea of how fast he's traveling. That's just going by ones he did have.
Though he has also flown so fast he effectively boomtubed across the universe.

ankur29
20x lightspeed seems appropriate for space travel , but on earth i think he restricts himself to underlightspeed or exactly lightspeed

Soujaboy
Originally posted by Juntai
Flying or running?
Running, he's just under Flash/Wally was, minus stepping into the speedforce/time traveling.

Flying, he's been shown around 20x lightspeed. As they don't always write distance traveled, exact speed, or the variables needed to come up with an idea of how fast he's traveling. That's just going by ones he did have.
Though he has also flown so fast he effectively boomtubed across the universe.

Where have Official DC bio's placed his speed?

Soujaboy
Originally posted by Validus
Mach 3

is this true

Juntai
Originally posted by Soujaboy
Where have Official DC bio's placed his speed? DC bios aren't like Marvel bios, they don't have stats. There is only secret files that are a rough overview of the character's history.

Juntai
is this true No.

olunbanks
HAHAHAHA MACH 3 ... get your facts right . i think in superman #153 he was shown again from earth to saturn in a few seconds.. or maybe further .. light takes (27 minutes to reach saturn) he made it in a few seconds.. :P

Juntai
Originally posted by olunbanks
HAHAHAHA MACH 3 ... get your facts right . i think in superman #153 he was shown again from earth to saturn in a few seconds.. or maybe further .. light takes (27 minutes to reach saturn) he made it in a few seconds.. :P 4 minutes.

olunbanks
here is one feat pic.. posted in the superman respect .. this is just shy of light speed and accelerating..

Validus
is this true
Validus = Truth

Soujaboy
Validus = Truth

Don'y worry I believe you smokin'

Soujaboy
DC bios aren't like Marvel bios, they don't have stats. There is only secret files that are a rough overview of the character's history.

So no DC article has never benn published rating his speed?

snoopdogg
So no DC article has never benn published rating his speed? In one issue of Flash he was quoted as running OVER 2,000 miles per second. And there was no indication he was peaked out.

And no DC does not put stats in their characters bios.

I watch Pokemon

batdude123
He's also been shown flying across the galaxy in seconds. smokin'

And flying to the sun in seconds. smokin'

AND he went so fast one time that he created a boomtube in the space/time contiuum and thus instantly travelled. cool

H. S. 6
Originally posted by batdude123
He's also been shown flying across the galaxy in seconds. smokin'

And flying to the sun in seconds. smokin'

AND he went so fast one time that he created a boomtube in the space/time contiuum and thus instantly travelled. cool

Thusly, the suckage of Superman.

Validus
Where was he shown flying across a galaxy in seconds?

Sometimes I wish comics would actually acknowledge how big a galaxy or even a solar system is. Sometimes it seems like the Sun is within spitting distance of Earth.

batdude123
Where was he shown flying across a galaxy in seconds?

Sometimes I wish comics would actually acknowledge how big a galaxy or even a solar system is. Sometimes it seems like the Sun is within spitting distance of Earth.

Check the Superman Respect Thread.

Innerhype
Depends on the writer

Soujaboy
Originally posted by snoopdogg
In one issue of Flash he was quoted as running OVER 2,000 miles per second. And there was no indication he was peaked out.

And no DC does not put stats in their characters bios.

So basically most of the time Superman is thought to be just under the speed of light?

batdude123
So basically most of the time Superman is thought to be just under the speed of light?

He's way above lightspeed, son.

snoopdogg
So basically most of the time Superman is thought to be just under the speed of light? On Earth I would say so. But in space he's far beyond it as he's shown.

ankur29
sentry has gone to the sun and back in seconds more than once now and marvel put him at mach 2- to orbital velocity (17,000mph) ........frikin shitheads

Soujaboy
Originally posted by ankur29
sentry has gone to the sun and back in seconds more than once now and marvel put him at mach 2- to orbital velocity (17,000mph) ........frikin shitheads

No it's called PIS. I would probably trust his bio more than I would that single or few panels.

Soujaboy
He's way above lightspeed, son.

So how often is this "way above lightspeed" displayed?

snoopdogg
sentry has gone to the sun and back in seconds more than once now and marvel put him at mach 2- to orbital velocity (17,000mph) ........frikin shitheads Well there was no clock or anything to indicate how long it took. So that feat is useless cause we cannot gauge the feat by using panels. Sentry isn't lightspeed.

batdude123
So how often is this "way above lightspeed" displayed?

Uh, quite a bit.

snoopdogg
So how often is this "way above lightspeed" displayed? Are you trying to bash Supes again? He's done it enough.

Soujaboy
Are you trying to bash Supes again? He's done it enough.

No I'm asking

Soujaboy
Well there was no clock or anything to indicate how long it took. So that feat is useless cause we cannot gauge the feat by using panels. Sentry isn't lightspeed.

Well couldn't the same thing be said about Supes feats?

batdude123
Well couldn't the same thing be said about Supes feats?

No, because of the context in which he did them.

snoopdogg
Well couldn't the same thing be said about Supes feats? No because in a couple of them there is a time duration shown indicating way above lightspeed.

Grinning Goku
Superman moving at light speed in Earth's atmosphere would be an environmental disaster.

Soujaboy
No because in a couple of them there is a time duration shown indicating way above lightspeed.

May I see the scan?

Soujaboy
No, because of the context in which he did them.

Whats the Difference?

snoopdogg
May I see the scan? When he flew from Earth to Saturn after he found Lex was voted President he was next seen on panel smashing a moon of Saturn 4 minutes later.

And when he fought WW. He flew to the Sun and back in less than two minutes as Max stated.

batdude123
Whats the Difference?

Across the galaxy, he hears Kyle saying "Help me, Superman!"

He then flies to Kyle in moments and saves him.

Soujaboy
When he flew from Earth to Saturn after he found Lex was voted President he was next seen on panel smashing a moon of Saturn 4 minutes later.

And when he fought WW. He flew to the Sun and back in less than two minutes as Max stated.

Ok, and how fast is that exactly?

batdude123

WHILE fighting nonetheless.

batdude123
Ok, and how fast is that exactly?

8x lightspeed

He also flew Darkseid to the sun in seconds, indicating a couple hundred times lightspeed.

Soujaboy
8x lightspeed

He also flew Darkseid to the sun in seconds, indicating a couple hundred times lightspeed.

This is similar to Sentry's feat is it not?

snoopdogg
JLA: Heavens Ladder, it is stated that Superman can race a photon to its target

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/Superman/SupesracingPhoton.jpg

Adventures of Superman #620: Superman flies so fast in space time slows down and space bends around him.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/Superman/SupesWarpin.jpg

Lex 2000 special: Superman made the trip from Earth to Saturn in well under 4 minutes. By comparison, light takes about 19 minutes to make this trip and also in the Lex 2000 special, with a single strike, Superman split one of Saturn?s moons in half. Saturn?s moons are small moons.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/Superman/moonbust4do.jpg

Man of Steel #110: Standing in one spot, Superman used his super speed to vibrate his body invisible.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/Superman/Supermangoininvisible.jpg

Superman #175: Taking another speed trick from the Flash?s book of tricks, Superman used his super speed to vibrate his body intangible, thus allowing Doomsday?s punches and fire-breath to pass harmlessly through him. A body moving at light speed within an atmosphere will become intangible (that?s how the Flash does it).

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/Superman/Supermanfast.jpg

????: Superman flies from Metropolis to France and back to get a bottle of Wine before Louis even knew he was gone.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/Superman/supespeed6kt.jpg

Some of these may not be lightspeed.

batdude123
This is similar to Sentry's feat is it not?

No, 'cause Darkseid wasn't unconscious. You really think he'd give Superman 8 minutes to get there?

Also, he took him there in two panels, before he could finish what he was saying.

snoopdogg
8x lightspeed

He also flew Darkseid to the sun in seconds, indicating a couple hundred times lightspeed. Actually it would be closer to 20x lightspeed.

And the Darkseid feat I don't know if that counts or not.

batdude123

I like how you ignored this one. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Soujaboy
JLA: Heavens Ladder, it is stated that Superman can race a photon to its target

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/Superman/SupesracingPhoton.jpg

Adventures of Superman #620: Superman flies so fast in space time slows down and space bends around him.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/Superman/SupesWarpin.jpg

Lex 2000 special: Superman made the trip from Earth to Saturn in well under 4 minutes. By comparison, light takes about 19 minutes to make this trip and also in the Lex 2000 special, with a single strike, Superman split one of Saturn?s moons in half. Saturn?s moons are small moons.

Man of Steel #110: Standing in one spot, Superman used his super speed to vibrate his body invisible.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/Superman/Supermangoininvisible.jpg

Superman #175: Taking another speed trick from the Flash?s book of tricks, Superman used his super speed to vibrate his body intangible, thus allowing Doomsday?s punches and fire-breath to pass harmlessly through him. A body moving at light speed within an atmosphere will become intangible (that?s how the Flash does it).

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/Superman/Supermanfast.jpg

????: Superman flies from Metropolis to France and back to get a bottle of Wine before Louis even knew he was gone.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/Superman/supespeed6kt.jpg

Some of these may not be lightspeed.

So basically my question is, where is the huge speed advantage that Superman has on Thor?

batdude123
Actually it would be closer to 20x lightspeed.

And the Darkseid feat I don't know if that counts or not.

Light takes 8 minutes to reach earth. You said there, and back, which is twice the distance, right? So 16 minutes. You said he did it in 2 minutes. 16/2 = 8x lightspeed wink

Soujaboy
I like how you ignored this one. roll eyes (sarcastic)

What'd you want me to say? confused

batdude123
What'd you want me to say? confused

It's a shit load faster than anything Thor's ever done. smile

snoopdogg
So basically my question is, where is the huge speed advantage that Superman has on Thor? HA! I knew you had a agenda for this thread. It's gonna bite you in the @ss now.

Let's see Thors speed feats.

batdude123
So basically my question is, where is the huge speed advantage that Superman has on Thor?

Ah HA. I knew it! roll eyes (sarcastic)

snoopdogg
Light takes 8 minutes to reach earth. You said there, and back, which is twice the distance, right? So 16 minutes. You said he did it in 2 minutes. 16/2 = 8x lightspeed wink Yea. My bad, I had the formula wrong.

batdude123
HA! I knew you had a agenda for this thread. It's gonna bite you in the @ss now.

Let's see Thors speed feats.

Thor's speed is something like 100 million feet per second. laughing

snoopdogg
Thor has level 7 speed cause he is a teleporter. Sh!t you can go to Marvel.com and it explains level 7 speed like that. Thor may have a degree of speed but in no way does he compare to Superman.

Soujaboy
Thor's speed is something like 100 million feet per second. laughing

Or 3x the speed of light

snoopdogg
Let's see some of Thors speed feats that do not include the hammer. Thor may fly in a straight line that fast but his bodily movements cannot match Supermans.

batdude123
Or 3x the speed of light

Yeah... by throwing Mjolnir in a straight line in outer space. How exactly is that going to help him again? laughing

Still slow as hell compared to Superman. smile

And you even told me that his ACTUAL speed is 100 Million feet per second which equates to 1893.9394 miles per second. Shit, that's slower than Superman's RUNNING speed. crylaugh roll eyes (sarcastic) Nice try, Souja.

Soujaboy

batdude123

Soujaboy
Yeah... by throwing Mjolnir in a straight line in outer space. How exactly is that going to help him again? laughing

Still slow as hell compared to Superman. smile

And you even told me that his ACTUAL speed is 100 Million feet per second which equates to 1893.9394 miles per second. Shit, that's slower than Superman's RUNNING speed. crylaugh roll eyes (sarcastic) Nice try, Souja.

Actually I think he was clocked at 3x the speed of light in earths atmosphere.

Soujaboy
Uh huh, 'swift as the lightning he commands.' You told me that was 100 Million feet per second.... that's slower than Superman's running speed. wink

3x light speed is still crap compared to Superman's top speeds. smile

According to you Superman top speed is 8x the speed of light, so more than twice as much as Thors.

Broly92
Not nother Thor vs. Superman thread?fear

grey fox
Originally posted by Broly92
Not nother Thor vs. Superman thread?fear

Nertz.

Soujaboy
So how fast are Superman's reaction speeds?

Dinalfos
This thread is hilarious laughing

snoopdogg
So how fast are Superman's reaction speeds? Pretty fast.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/Superman/Supesreadinfast.jpg

Soujaboy
Originally posted by Dinalfos
This thread is hilarious laughing

I know, because I think the Hulk is faster than both with his unlimited speed! eek!

Soujaboy
Pretty fast.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/Superman/Supesreadinfast.jpg

Isn't that more so the speed of thought than reaction times?

batdude123
According to you Superman top speed is 8x the speed of light, so more than twice as much as Thors.

I didn't say that at all. I simply said that he fought with Wonder Woman from Earth to the sun, and back in under two minutes, which is = to 8x the speed of light. How is that me saying his top speed is only 8x light speed? roll eyes (sarcastic)

He has other flight speed feats that completely kick the crap out of that one. smile

And I don't see how throwing Mjolnir and hanging on to it in a straight line would help him. By your own admission, his speed is actually 100 million feet per second.

In combat, he'd look like a slug.

Thor can't touch this!!! S-S-S-S-SPEEDBLITZ!!!!

http://img54.imageshack.us/my.php?image=supermanspeedblitztingdc1.jpg
http://img119.imageshack.us/my.php?image=supermanspeedblitzing2br3.jpg
http://img178.imageshack.us/my.php?image=supermanspeedblitzing3gb1.png

EAT IT, SOUJA!!! YOU CAN'T TOUCH THE SPEEDBLITZ!!!! cool stick out tongue

snoopdogg
Isn't that more so the speed of thought than reaction times? You have to think in order to react........

Soujaboy
I didn't say that at all. I simply said that he fought with Wonder Woman from Earth to the sun, and back in under two minutes, which is = to 8x the speed of light. How is that me saying his top speed is only 8x light speed? roll eyes (sarcastic)

He has other flight speed feats that completely kick the crap out of that one. smile

And I don't see how throwing Mjolnir and hanging on to it in a straight line would help him. By your own admission, his speed is actually 100 million feet per second.

In combat, he'd look like a slug.

Thor can't touch this!!! S-S-S-S-SPEEDBLITZ!!!!

http://img54.imageshack.us/my.php?image=supermanspeedblitztingdc1.jpg
http://img119.imageshack.us/my.php?image=supermanspeedblitzing2br3.jpg
http://img178.imageshack.us/my.php?image=supermanspeedblitzing3gb1.png

EAT IT, SOUJA!!! YOU CAN'T TOUCH THE SPEEDBLITZ!!!! cool stick out tongue

Seeing as how Thor has been able to react fast enough to fight Silver Surfer, Gladiator, etc I don't think he would look like a slug. stick out tongue

batdude123
Seeing as how Thor has been able to react fast enough to fight Silver Surfer, Gladiator, etc I don't think he would look like a slug. stick out tongue

Silver Surfer and Gladiator don't speedblitz. no expression

And tell that to Mongul. Poor bastard. sad

Soujaboy
Silver Surfer and Gladiator don't speedblitz. no expression

And tell that to Mongul. Poor bastard. sad

Don't speedblitz, but that doesn't mean their reaction times aren't uber.

batdude123
Don't speedblitz, but that doesn't mean their reaction times aren't uber.

But they weren't fighting at super speeds. eer

Superman beats Thor 6-7/10. This is what it has come to. no expression

Soujaboy

batdude123

Milkie

Soujaboy
Wow... such inaccurate and bullshit information. no expression

Superman is a shit load faster than Thor. Period.

Nope he isn't

Basically all of Superman's speed feats contradict each other and ultimately contradict DC's word. I have read that Dc stated that Superman can only move at 99% of the speed of light. Which is contradicted by him going FTL to get to the sun and back in mere seconds with wonder woman. Which is contradicted by the fact of him going FTL to get to Saturn in 4 minutes. Which is contradicted by him going from one end of the solar system to the other in moments. Which is contradicted by the feat when he went to the sun and back in one minute when fighting the elite.

Soujaboy
Originally posted by Milkie
http://images.killermovies.com/forums/customsmilies/suicide1wa.gif

?

Milkie
?

Do you know how wrong & old that is?

Dinalfos
I know, because I think the Hulk is faster than both with his unlimited speed! eek!

Oh snap!!!1!

Soujaboy
Do you know how wrong & old that is?

Honestly no, and thats why I created this thread. Basically I need answers, and I'm looking for them in here. I may be wrong, but I guess thats the price to obtain knowledge.

Milkie
Honestly no, and thats why I created this thread. Basically I need answers, and I'm looking for them in here. I may be wrong, but I guess thats the price to obtain knowledge.

I See...

Well, I'm gonna go play some Einhander!

batdude123
Nope he isn't

Basically all of Superman's speed feats contradict each other and ultimately contradict DC's word. I have read that Dc stated that Superman can only move at 99% of the speed of light. Which is contradicted by him going FTL to get to the sun and back in mere seconds with wonder woman. Which is contradicted by the fact of him going FTL to get to Saturn in 4 minutes. Which is contradicted by him going from one end of the solar system to the other in moments. Which is contradicted by the feat when he went to the sun and back in one minute when fighting the elite.

You're going by 'handbook' style information when you know we go by feats here. Shame on you...

Validus

Going by the scans in the respect thread, he never says its another galaxy or across the galaxy or anything like that.

batdude123
Going by the scans in the respect thread, he never says its another galaxy or across the galaxy or anything like that.

I never said he was in another galaxy. It was intergalactic travel.

Soujaboy
I never said he was in another galaxy. It was intergalactic travel.

You did state that Superman traveled across the Galaxy in the time it took Gl to say 'Superman help me'.

batdude123
You did state that Superman traveled across the Galaxy in the time it took Gl to say 'Superman help me'.

Yeah, he flew across the galaxy to save Kyle. However, it wasn't in the duration that it took Kyle to say "Save me, Superman." He heard Kyle saying that, and then moments later he arrived to Kyle. wink

Validus
Yeah, he flew across the galaxy to save Kyle.
Says who? He said he was in the stars but thats a general term I've heard a million times.

However, it wasn't in the duration that it took Kyle to say "Save me, Superman." He heard Kyle saying that, and then moments later he arrived to Kyle. wink
He heard the call and then flew out. There was no time frame given for that other than he went back home and to bed.

batdude123
Says who? He said he was in the stars but thats a general term I've heard a million times.

He heard the call and then flew out. There was no time frame given for that other than he went back home and to bed.

Do I sense a little hostility because Kyle actually needed help from Superman? stick out tongue

snoopdogg
Post the scans of this. I don't think I know what exactly you guys are referring to. And besides there's plenty of other evidence supporting he's FTL.

Validus
Do I sense a little hostility because Kyle actually needed help from Superman? stick out tongue
Not at all. I just don't see how that's evidence of supposed galactic travel speeds. It's just as vague as Sentry's stuff if not more.

batdude123
Not at all. I just don't see how that's evidence of supposed galactic travel speeds. It's just as vague as Sentry's stuff if not more.

It took him moments to get there. If they were in the same damn solar system, that feat still would have been impressive.

Accel
Yes, but there's a very big difference between a galaxy and a solar system.

batdude123
Originally posted by Accel
Yes, but there's a very big difference between a galaxy and a solar system.

Indeed, and they WEREN'T in the same solar system.

Accel
Which doesn't automatically mean it was across a whole galaxy, or even half a galaxy.

batdude123
Which doesn't automatically mean it was across a whole galaxy, or even half a galaxy.

1. I said it was INTERgalactic travel.

2. He passed by thousands/millions of stars in the process. It's safe to say that they weren't exactly in neighboring solar systems.

Accel

batdude123

Accel
Where? I only see him smash his way through some ships and pass one star before he reaches Kyle.

Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
2 feats in one...

Interstellar hearing and faster than light travel to a different galaxy and back.

http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/9035/supermanv2204p016bq2.th.jpg

http://img47.imageshack.us/img47/4827/supermanv2204p01718ap6.th.jpg

http://img47.imageshack.us/img47/3950/supermanv2204p019gl4.th.jpg

http://img47.imageshack.us/img47/8343/supermanv2204p020cs7.th.jpg

http://img47.imageshack.us/img47/592/supermanv2204p021ev1.th.jpg

http://img47.imageshack.us/img47/4239/supermanv2204p022pn5.th.jpg

batdude123
Where? I only see him smash his way through some ships and pass one star before he reaches Kyle.

He woke up from bed, and then he said he passed through the stars.

Then he went to the solar system containing Kyle with all the ships.

Accel
He said he was in the stars, most likely referring to the fact that he was flying through space and finding the scenery breathtaking.

Milkie
There is no time scale in those scans

That's just like me telling you I woke up and got a call from the hospital then going there then going home and thats all i told you.

Juntai
There is no time scale in those scans

That's just like me telling you I woke up and got a call from the hospital then going there then going home and thats all i told you. Not an exact time-frame, but he got there in enough time to save Kyle, so I'm guessing we can count the time in minutes.

Soujaboy
Not an exact time-frame, but he got there in enough time to save Kyle, so I'm guessing we can count the time in minutes.

So you guess? so basically the whole time you've been guessing how fast Superman is?

I'm glad I created this thread, seems like Supes isn't as fast as some have claimed.....

I watch Pokemon

Validus
Not an exact time-frame, but he got there in enough time to save Kyle, so I'm guessing we can count the time in minutes.
The fight was still going on when he got there and when he left and we don't know how long that is either. Could have been several hours.

And the star he passed could have been our own.

Don't get me wrong. I know Supes is fast but I see that feat mentioned all the time in his favor but it's completely vague as far as I see it.

Soujaboy

ankur29
No because in a couple of them there is a time duration shown indicating way above lightspeed.

well if it's a couple of them than teh speeds calculated are speculation , ie the darkseid feat ( we know he was moving well faster than lightspeed ,as he had to do it seconds before darkseid regained consciousness) the same could be said for sentry as he did it moments
as the other guy would of been concious or have enough time to react or stoip sentry

BTW at (sentrys top speed orbital veocity which is not even enough to leave the earth's atmosphere 17,00pmh ) it would take roughly 238 days to go to the sun ,and another 238 days to return from it!

I watch Pokemon
Scans? Originally posted by snoopdogg

This page tells you how long it would take light to reach certain planets.

http://casswww.ucsd.edu/physics/ph7/Intro.html

bigbran
Hiw fast is the man? Do you mean this in a sexual way?
I'de have to ask Louis.

Tha C-Master
Touche'

ankur29
well some of the supes speed feats calculated are speculation , ie the darkseid feat ( we all know he was moving well faster than lightspeed but there is no time indication,as he had to do it seconds before darkseid regained consciousness) the same could be said for sentry as he did it moments
as the other guy would of been concious or have enough time to react or stoip sentry

BTW at (sentrys top speed orbital veocity which is not even enough to leave the earth's atmosphere 17,00pmh ) it would take roughly 238 days to go to the sun ,and another 238 days to return from it!

Milkie
The fight was still going on when he got there and when he left and we don't know how long that is either. Could have been several hours.

And the star he passed could have been our own.

Don't get me wrong. I know Supes is fast but I see that feat mentioned all the time in his favor but it's completely vague as far as I see it.

I've learned that a lot of people hype things up and when I actually see the scans its something different but not too different but different enough to say "oh they told me this when it was actually this" and it changes alot that you heard about that feat.

juggernaut74
Originally posted by I watch Pokemon
This page tells you how long it would take light to reach certain planets.

http://casswww.ucsd.edu/physics/ph7/Intro.html According to that it takes 1 hour to get to Saturn at lightspeed from the Sun. Supes did it in what 4 minutes from Earth. How fast does that figure out to be. Supes isn't that fast I don't think. Thor should be much faster.

Thor>Superman

Juntai
So you guess? so basically the whole time you've been guessing how fast Superman is?

I'm glad I created this thread, seems like Supes isn't as fast as some have claimed..... No, I was guessing at those specific scans. Get that shit out of here.

Supes has flown to the sun and back in under 2 minutes... while fighting.
He's flown to saturn in 4, and one-punched a moon in half when he got there..

He's been shown many times to be vastly over lightspeed.

Everything I said in my post was true.

batdude123
Scans?

roll eyes (sarcastic)

batdude123
Saturn is 821,190,000 miles away. In 4 minutes, light travels approximately 44,640,000 miles. So 821,190,000 / 44,640,000 = 18.3958333333333 etc. faster than the speed of light.

Although, it can reach close to a billion miles away in which case he'd be flying approximately 22 times light speed.

smile

Milkie
Thor is faster in a straight line but when it comes to all around speed Superman was it.

snoopdogg
Thor is faster in a straight line but when it comes to all around speed Superman was it. I don't think Thor is faster even in a straight line. Supes still has the better speed feats. Earth to Sun and back in less than two minutes. That's pretty fast.

batdude123
Thor is faster in a straight line but when it comes to all around speed Superman was it.

No he isn't. He has to actually THROW Mjolnir to propel himself forward in a straight line in order to reach THREE times light speed. That is still A LOT slower than some of Superman's top speed feats. Thor's actual speed without doing that is 100 million feet per second. That is 18,939 miles per second, which is about 10 times slower than light speed.

Thor doesn't even compare. smile

Avalonofthewind

I saw this from the beginning.

Supes is wayyy faster than Thor. No big secret there.

Mindship
How does Superman go faster than light? I know comic books adhere to real physics the way food sticks to Teflon, but usually some technobabble is offered (eg, Surfer goes into warp, Thor opens interdimensional portals).

What, if any explanation has been offered for Superman going superluminal?

manjaro
dont you all remeber that fancy speech he gave supergirl... that all his abilites are actually more heightened than he normally displays, but since he was a kid he put limits on himslef..now in earth's atmosphere he usually restricts himself to mach 20..and he has some "f **** if I know" means of supressing sonic booms..but if you remeber about 2 years ago when that checkmate chick had shot lois in Qurac, not only did he hear it all the way from metroplis, but he flew there and caught her b4 her body hit the ground...thats pretty damn fast, but when it comes to space tavel, as there is no gravity there he'll always be able to accelerate, so SOL an beyond is nothing to him in space....hence him traveling from earth to one of saturns moon in 4 mins.

i actually did the math in another thread way back in the day but here i go again:

2000 mi/s = 120,000 mi/min = 7,200,000 mi/hr = Approx. 1% SOL...and thats what he was doing in Earth's gravity....on foot! so ppl can scream PIS all they want to, none can take his feats away from him

Milkie
Well Thor just sucks then

Soujaboy
roll eyes (sarcastic)

So where's the part that says Superman flew from earth to Saturn in 4 minutes?

Soujaboy
Saturn is 821,190,000 miles away. In 4 minutes, light travels approximately 44,640,000 miles. So 821,190,000 / 44,640,000 = 18.3958333333333 etc. faster than the speed of light.

Although, it can reach close to a billion miles away in which case he'd be flying approximately 22 times light speed.

smile

Lightning moves at the speed of light in a vacuum.....

Soujaboy
Originally posted by Mindship
How does Superman go faster than light? I know comic books adhere to real physics the way food sticks to Teflon, but usually some technobabble is offered (eg, Surfer goes into warp, Thor opens interdimensional portals).

What, if any explanation has been offered for Superman going superluminal?

Thor's Marvel bio rating also says that he can go into warp....

batdude123
So where's the part that says Superman flew from earth to Saturn in 4 minutes?

Are you seriously blind? no expression

READ the scan.

batdude123
Lightning moves at the speed of light in a vacuum.....

Which means absolutely shit.

Soujaboy
Which means absolutely shit.

Which means that Thor can react at FTL speeds....

Soujaboy
Are you seriously blind? no expression

READ the scan.

The scan says.......

"A small dead moon off Saturn. Approximately Four minutes after the announcement that Lex Luthor will be the next President of the United States."

That scan says nothing about making it from Saturn to earth in four minutes. It actually says nothing about Superman only referencing to the time that Luthor had been announced President.

batdude123
The scan says.......

"A small dead moon off Saturn. Approximately Four minutes after the announcement that Lex Luthor will be the next President of the United States."

That scan says nothing about making it from Saturn to earth in four minutes. It actually says nothing about Superman only referencing to the time that Luthor had been announced President.

Do you really need the damn thing spelled out for you? roll eyes (sarcastic)

After hearing the announcement that Lex Luthor is going to be the next president, he flies to Saturn.

There's no room for interpretation. It is what it is.

Soujaboy
Do you really need the damn thing spelled out for you? roll eyes (sarcastic)

After hearing the announcement that Lex Luthor is going to be the next president, he flies to Saturn.

There's no room for interpretation. It is what it is.

This is beside the point, but why does he fly to Saturn?

Soujaboy
So basically Superman has no true speed, but his power fluctuates to fit the story? I haven't really seen Dc indicate how fast he is on panel or in a bio, so how can we really put a gauge on his speed?

ankur29
some of the supes speed feats calculated are speculation , ie the darkseid feat ( we all know he was moving well faster than lightspeed but there is no time indication,as he had to do it seconds before darkseid regained consciousness) the same could be said for sentry as he did it moments

also if light takes an hour to saturn and supes did it in four minutes he is 16x speed of light

Soujaboy
some of the supes speed feats calculated are speculation , ie the darkseid feat ( we all know he was moving well faster than lightspeed but there is no time indication,as he had to do it seconds before darkseid regained consciousness) the same could be said for sentry as he did it moments

also if light takes an hour to saturn and supes did it in four minutes he is 16x speed of light

The difference is Marvel has put a indicator on Sentry's speed, so who know whats PIS and whats not.

Accel
So basically Superman has no true speed, but his power fluctuates to fit the story? I haven't really seen Dc indicate how fast he is on panel or in a bio, so how can we really put a gauge on his speed?
That's how it is for every character. Flash can have trouble with Captain Boomerang one issue and then hold his own against Zoom the next.

Superman is much faster than light. That's all you need to know.

snoopdogg
So where's the part that says Superman flew from earth to Saturn in 4 minutes? Superman was in Metroplis when he first heard the news. Why is it that hard to figure out?

Soujaboy
That's how it is for every character. Flash can have trouble with Captain Boomerang one issue and then hold his own against Zoom the next.

Superman is much faster than light. That's all you need to know.

I've always figured that, but when someone states Superman can Move at 500x the speed of light I have to wonder.

Soujaboy
Superman was in Metroplis when he first heard the news. Why is it that hard to figure out?

Because scans were never provided indicating why or where he started from.

snoopdogg
I've always figured that, but when someone states Superman can Move at 500x the speed of light I have to wonder. Who or when was that ever stated?Originally posted by Soujaboy
Because scans were never provided indicating why or where he started from. This is getting rediculous now. Do scans have to be provided on everything now? I don't have that scan but trust me it's legit.

Milkie
Who or when was that ever stated? This is getting rediculous now. Do scans have to be provided on everything now? I don't have that scan but trust me it's legit.

Yes they do need to be provided.

And Soujaboy the scans of 4 minutes is in this thread

Soujaboy
Yes they do need to be provided.

And Soujaboy the scans of 4 minutes is in this thread

I know I've seen it, but at first I thought Superman was in space during the time the election was going on.

Soujaboy
Who or when was that ever stated? This is getting rediculous now. Do scans have to be provided on everything now? I don't have that scan but trust me it's legit.

I once stated that Gladiator was faster than Superman due to the fact that he can fly at 500x the speed of light, and I was informed by Batdude that Superman could do the same.

BTW how fast can Superman run, and how fast are his fighting speeds?

snoopdogg
"Clark and Lois recall a kiss soon thereafter, and bitter forbearance. Perry bursts out of his office and announces that Luthor has won the election. He remarks that this is a moment much like when JFK was shot. He sends his reporters to get reactions, and slams his door.

In deep space, Superman destroys some space debris angrily, and a small moon off of Saturn. Four minutes after he finds out Luthor has won. Luthor watches from his surveillance technology and gloats"

That is the quote from the review of the Lex: 2000 issue on the Superman Homepage. If that's not good enough I don't have the scan.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>