Green Goblin vs Wolverine

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Booyah
Who'd take this?

Sub_Mariner
Which Goblin?

inamilist
EVERY Green Goblin will beat wolverine

Norman 10/10
Harry might be a 9
Phil takes 6-7

PRAYERRUN
Wolverine could just bring down Goblin's glider by slicing it in half and then go hand to hand with the Goblin himself. Although this would be a rough battle, I think that Wolverine would get in some slices.

braz
hmm good fight. depends whether or not GG will get too close to Wolverine on his glider and if he does and allows Wolvie to leap onto it. its over. but i think GG would be smarter than that and keep his distance and bombard him with some heavy firepower. Green Goblin 6/10

Eternal Idol
It seems like an easy win for the Goblin, what with the range attacks and all (bombs, razor bats, etc.). Problem is, just what the hell does he plan to Wolverine when he runs out? That bag of his isn't exactly bottomless.

It's not crazy to say Logan can dodge these things (should he feel like it). After all, the bombs have a rather small damage radius, and the razor bats wouldn't do much more than piss off Wolvie. To actually finish him off, the Goblin would need to get in close, and that's just Wolverine's game.

Wolverine, 8 or 9/10.

braz
^i thought the pumpkin bombs were much more powerful than that. like an enhanced hand grenade. confused

i think about 6 or 7 of those to incinerate all the flesh on wolvies adamantium bones and hes done for.

Superherovandal
doesn't he have electro shocks on his gloves. i mean he did it to peter when he faced him before Ben died.

Ultraman Baltan
This has already been done. And the Goblin won 94% of the majority.

Ultraman Baltan
Oh, and Norman kills him easily. All he needs to use is a Whopper Bomb or an Oxygen Bomb, and Logan's down. He can just punch him out cold as well. He is severely underrated.

Eternal Idol
"Whopper bomb"?

"Oxygen bomb"?

Not too familiar with Osborn's non-standard weapons. I'll give him the fight, if prepared (arming himself with specialized bombs, for example). However, even with his class 10-20 strength, I don't think he'll pose too big a threat to Logan in an all-out brawl.

Ultraman Baltan
Originally posted by Eternal Idol
"Whopper bomb"?

"Oxygen bomb"?

Not too familiar with Osborn's non-standard weapons. I'll give him the fight, if prepared (arming himself with specialized bombs, for example). However, even with his class 10-20 strength, I don't think he'll pose too big a threat to Logan in an all-out brawl.

Whopper Bomb blew apart a building easily.
Oxygen Bomb takes away all oxygen in a certain area. It even sucks it out of your system. Spiderman barely survived it.

Ultraman Baltan
He is actually very skilled. Not as much as Logan, of course, but that combined with incredible speed and agility is more than enough. Norman 9/10. Now, if this was a PISSED Norman, Logan loses 55/10.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Ultraman Baltan
Oh, and Norman kills him easily. All he needs to use is a Whopper Bomb or an Oxygen Bomb, and Logan's down. He can just punch him out cold as well. He is severely underrated.

Yeah Norman is being underrated big time! Wolverine? Please, it takes a big shot like the Crime Master to mess with Norman! roll eyes (sarcastic)

Someone is being underrated and he isn't the guy with a handful of bombs in a satchel.

grey fox
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Someone is being underrated and he isn't the guy with a handful of bombs in a satchel.

BULLSHIT

We all know it's a purse. wink

blind faith
Goblin wins, especially if he has the glider and weapons. If Logan fights him on the ground then Logan stands a better chance of beating him with his H2H-skills and there he can possibly win the majority.

Sparkz
Originally posted by Eternal Idol
It seems like an easy win for the Goblin, what with the range attacks and all (bombs, razor bats, etc.). Problem is, just what the hell does he plan to Wolverine when he runs out? That bag of his isn't exactly bottomless.

It's not crazy to say Logan can dodge these things (should he feel like it). After all, the bombs have a rather small damage radius, and the razor bats wouldn't do much more than piss off Wolvie. To actually finish him off, the Goblin would need to get in close, and that's just Wolverine's game.

Wolverine, 8 or 9/10.

No the bag isn't bottomless, but he does have those "sparkle blasters", which kick out a high voltage (not sure what the voltage is though). His glider also is equiped with conussive and incendiary grenades, not only that but its also got hallucinogenic and sleep inducing gas which he could use to if nothing eles slow Wolverine down.

As for his bag of tricks he has the standard pumkin bombs, razor bats, gas goblins, he also has some sort of "Gohst bomb which creates an air tight gas cloud around a target and cuts off their air (it was strong enough to extinguish the torch) He even has some pumkin bombs which are essentialy flash bangs.

Now alot of these weapons seem to attack Wolverine enhanced sense so that can't be good. I'd say he had enough weapons to put Logan down, and I think i recall someone saying that logan didn't do very well against Knock out gases not sure though.

If Goblin can keep on the glider (which I can't see happening)he wins this 9/10.

If Logan manages to get him off which i doubt I'd give it to Logan 8/10 (Goblin gets 2 due to the fact that by the time he may have gotten GG off the glider he will be weakend and may be suseptable to GG's strength.)

Soljer
If the Goblin stays in the air, he'll win the majority.

If Wolverine gets him onto the ground, he'll win the majority.

erm.

Sub_Mariner
Originally posted by Soljer
If the Goblin stays in the air, he'll win the majority.

If Wolverine gets him onto the ground, he'll win the majority.

erm.

Even then Norman stands a chance, he is smart and will bomb him/shock him fast.

inamilist
Originally posted by inamilist
why are people putting the Goblins against these crap people

ok, ya, norman/harry/phil arent martial artists and off the gliders probably get it handed to them

but, cap shouldn't have the capacity to down GG, neither should Wolverine. I'm sure writers "could" do it, but thats more of the hero/villian conflict, where the hero must always win.

Cap's shield would be the slowest projectile that osborn had to evade, from there, its him using his array of weapons that he is talented enough to take out spider-man with, let alone people with superhuman/enhanced/whatever superspeed.

Goblin is a character built to take out super strong, super moblie, and super fast enemies. The fact that cap or wolvie are lightyears ahead of him in h2h is moot, as, given these are the showings of the characters at the best of their abilities, neither should be able to take osborn down.

Really, how often is a GG brought off their glider? How often by slower, weaker, less mobile opponents?

ok, so i wrote that about captain america vs Green Goblin, but it would still apply, especially given that wolverine doesn't have anything to throw.

I think the major differance in GG vs W and GG vs CA is the healing factor, so ya, I am willing to admit that GG probably isn't going to KO wolvie with pumpkin bombs, he does have numerious gas, concussive and other sorts of debilitating attacks

inamilist
oops, double post, sorry

guy222
Originally posted by Booyah
Who'd take this?

Wolverine w/ease

K3VIL
GG takes this.
Norman got superhuman physical powers to a sufficient degree for hurting Logan or slow him.His array of weapons, which he carries as GG includes:
Explosive Bombs
normal grenades/bombs which good radius and damage capability
Whopper Bomb
more powerful version which could tear apart a whole building
Sonic Frogs
Device which emit sonic waves which a super senses gifted being like Logan will feel more than a common human, so the effect will be enhanced
Electrical Rope
he used it to tie up Spidey and electrocute him
Electrical Bolts
His gloves can generate electrical bolts up to 10'000 volts in his prime, probably more currently.
Energy Charge Fists
On more than one occasion, his punches were depicted surrounded by green energy like in the storyarc where he tought he acquired ultimate power, which was instead, madness.It's probably another built in costume weapon.
Norman is also a genious level intellect, with also extended battle experience, criminal mastermind and tactician as well as a ruthless bastard, which has nothing to envy to Logan, he has tortured Spidey just for seeing how much he could push him to the edge, kidnapped old women, killed everyone who obstaculed him.
He'll bomb Logan, punch him to death, torture him by sonic tools and then put in his mouth a whopper bomb and that's it.

Rick/Genis
I'm not so sure that Wolverine can get him off his glider... but if wolverine could. I think he could pull some wins.

inamilist
Wolverine eats it

he is so outclassed here

Board Walker
So Gob could incinerate Wolverine....and then Wolverine regenerates from a skeleton in seconds....(Civil war Tie in & the nuclear bomb incident & The nuclear thunder clap from the hulk at point blank, etc. etc. so many examples of wolverine's high regenerative abilities.)

inamilist
Originally posted by Board Walker
So Gob could incinerate Wolverine....and then Wolverine regenerates from a skeleton in seconds....(Civil war Tie in & the nuclear bomb incident & The nuclear thunder clap from the hulk at point blank, etc. etc. so many examples of wolverine's high regenerative abilities.)

no

all of those feats clearly dictate that it was not instantaneous healing, but a long process. The nitro one especially.

Both it and the nuclear incidence, and MOST RECENT in origins 10 where he is ko'ed by small arms fire to the back of the head (point blank range) have him passing out and things happening while he is out. In civil war, Nitro also needs time to recover, in the nuke incident, he is out and a guy picks up some sort of communication device of his. In origins, he is taken to a lab.

Clearly not instantaneous.

ALSO

For a win to be considered on these forums it is not to the death, and a ko, even if healed from in a few min, is a ko

Goblin ALSO has very potent gases, which afaik wolverine has been shown to be susceptible to in the past.

jinzin
themain problem for goblin is that his bombs are probably not going to bring logan down. Unless he scores a LOT of bombs on logan consecutively, then he's probably just not going to do the damage necessary to win this...

his gas bombs might work, but vs. the HF they may not....

it basically becomes this: GG does damage to logan but not enough to secure a win, then he stays out of wolverine's range unless he turns into a retard during the fight....

stalemate. by default.

inamilist
Originally posted by jinzin
themain problem for goblin is that his bombs are probably not going to bring logan down. Unless he scores a LOT of bombs on logan consecutively, then he's probably just not going to do the damage necessary to win this...

his gas bombs might work, but vs. the HF they may not....

it basically becomes this: GG does damage to logan but not enough to secure a win, then he stays out of wolverine's range unless he turns into a retard during the fight....

stalemate. by default.

Wolverine has some lower showings with his KOs however, he isn't impossible to put down.

Stalemate seems fine though, if there is a winner its GG, or ya, wolverine if he gets stupid.

Phil Urich Green Goblin beats him solidly stick out tongue Lunatic Laugh!

jinzin
no

all of those feats clearly dictate that it was not instantaneous healing, but a long process. The nitro one especially.

Wrong; at the end of ramos' run, it's indicated that wolverine's body took a long while to BEGIN healing, but the story dictates that this is most likely due to having to fight his way back from death....
Once he actually DOES begin to generate, he did so in the time it took for nitro to walk to his car, the duration of which was a conversation that couldn't have lasted more than a couple of minutes...

wolverine healed even faster than that in uncanny annual 8 from nothing but a drop of blood.

and in the venom "run" arch, wolverine's plasma blasted to an admantium skeleton and we see him heal ON PANAL in the time it takes for a short discussion to take place...

none of these high end feats are indicated to take long at all once the HF kicks in, which is what makes them high end feats.

Both it and the nuclear incidence, nuclear incident actually has no relative indication of time, and by the time the blast has cleared wolverine is shown in a crater without a stratch... This seems to indicate to me that his HF DID act extremely fast to heal his body up like that, it takes him a while to regain conciousness sure, but lest we forget that wolverine just had a knock down drag out fight with venom, got incinerated to an admantium skeleton already, and had surgery performed on him while he was unconcious? definitely no low end feat there.

and MOST RECENT in origins 10 where he is ko'ed by small arms fire to the back of the head (point blank range) have him passing out and things happening while he is out.

Sorry but origins is not a good example, not if you've been following the storyline at least...

somehow the origins and endings arch, and the origins book take place in one long stretch of time...

in the origins and endings storyline, wolverine's been keeping up his war against the governments of the world nonstop, he's been drivin to eating his own arm for sustanance; no joke. so his healing factor's already been written into a rut, as indicated by his fight with nuke and capt. Not only this, but logan was striken by the muramasa blade, (a blade which should have killed him upon contact) and yet he's survived. Still upon contemplation we find that the wound is still effecting wolverine, he relates how he feels to death, and the wound as you could tell in origins 10 ISN'T healing, due to it's majical properties... so dum dum putting him out of commission with six ounds to the back of the head is really a nonfeat...

hell omega red's death pheramones put wolverine temporarily out after a two minute confrontation with the guy... the same wolverine has fought OR for 17 hours before without falling victim to them... coincidence?

jinzin
Wolverine has some lower showings with his KOs however, he isn't impossible to put down.

"lower showings"

nuff said really.

Board Walker
Well put jinzin !

jinzin
gracias wink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.