Who could pssibly beat Spectre...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rewmac
Which character could defeat Spectre??

Don't just put a name. Put there the feats and the why...Tricks can be used and some equipment too...

DC & Marvel characters count...

grey fox
Possibly Abraxes ?

batdude123
Originally posted by grey fox
Possibly Abraxes ?

Nah.

grey fox
Originally posted by batdude123
Nah.

So unmaking the entire universe and carrying around several Ultimate Nullifiers isn't enough too top the pasty bastard !

batdude123
Originally posted by grey fox
So unmaking the entire universe and carrying around several Ultimate Nullifiers isn't enough too top the pasty bastard !

Nah.

Broly92
TOAA

Omega-level
Wolverinebig grin

Seriously, i think that The Living Tribunal has a chance.

bigbran
Micheal, Lucifer, Thanos with HOTU.

Milkie
Nope

kevdude
Nope?? blink

bigbran
Originally posted by Milkie
Nope Why?

Juntai
Depends on how much prep, plot devices and PIS is involved, and if he's going crazy or not.
Typically to stop him or foil his plans it takes all of those at once, and even then it's not assured.

bigbran
Originally posted by Juntai
Depends on how much prep, plot devices and PIS is involved, and if he's going crazy or not.
Typically to stop him or foil his plans it takes all of those at once, and even then it's not assured. All of who?

NiņoAraņa
Worlds Funniest Mxy

been checking out the respect threadyes

Milkie
Mxy was left powerless by because of Spectre...

Big Sexy
LT
Thanos with the Hotu
Michael
Lucifer

kevdude
Who could stand a chance?
The Word
Michael
Lucifer
The Living Tribunal
Anyone with THOTU

Endless Mike
Saint of Killers

Maestro
GEB

Broly92
Nope
Originally posted by bigbran
Why?

King Kandy
Originally posted by Big Sexy
LT
Thanos with the Hotu
Michael
Lucifer
Yeah... that's about right.

NiņoAraņa
Mxy was left powerless by because of Spectre... i don't really read DC much yes

geshien
chuck norris big grin

Lord Urizen
Living Tribunal

Lucifer

Micheal

Wanda with Chaos Wave

Classic Beyonder

TOAA/ The Presence/ Mother (from Spawn)

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by Rewmac

Don't just put a name. Put there the feats and the why...Tricks can be used and some equipment too...

DC & Marvel characters count...

Think for a moment what you're asking....how could anyone stop or even defeat the full wrath of The Presence? (i.e. The Almighty Creator of DCU)There isn't anyone except The Prescence itself can stop it. No one else. Anyone bringing LT or the Lucifer think careful what you're saying. This isn't a vs match there can be no winner agaisn't The Spectre.

No character can defeat The Spectre. You can only reason with him but not defeat him. Even those that try to calm the wrath have either died or changed forever.

Lord Urizen
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Think for a moment what you're asking....how could anyone stop or even defeat the full wrath of The Presence? (i.e. The Almighty Creator of DCU)There isn't anyone except The Prescence itself can stop it. No one else. Anyone bringing LT or the Lucifer think careful what you're saying. This isn't a vs match there can be no winner agaisn't The Spectre.

No character can defeat The Spectre. You can only reason with him but not defeat him. Even those that try to calm the wrath have either died or changed forever.

Untrue....Micheal beat the sh*t outta him.

Lucifer made Spectre cry.

Juntai
Originally posted by Lord Urizen
Untrue....Micheal beat the sh*t outta him.

Lucifer made Spectre cry. Yah, like when Spectre conquered Hell in Day of Vengeance with but an afterthought?
Or when he fought the very embodiment of evil in creation itself in volume 4, and snapped its neck and dropped it to the floor?

Or do you mean, Lucifer the Lightbringer.. the VERTIGO character? As in, not DC canon?

Spectre lost to Micheal, because The Presence made it so. It made it a universal bylaw that Spectre cannot exist on the mortal plane. And thus, Micheal came and banished him away from the material world. In the name of The Word.

Wrathful is coming from the point of view, that The Presence, can make his Wrath unbeatable if he so chooses. The Presence wills, Spectre fullfills.

Galan777

DC & Marvel characters count... If Spectre is at his full-potential, which is only limited by God himself....... Then no one under TOAA/God could possibly beat him..

Galan777
Untrue....Micheal beat the sh*t outta him. Wasn't Spectre going rouge during that battle? Because he certainly wasn't being backed by the logoz/God at that time...

Lucifer made Spectre cry. Thats a little bit overboard, Spectre didn't even confront Lucifer in a battleing type of sense...

Supreme being
Living Tribunal

Lucifer

Micheal

Wanda with Chaos Wave

Classic Beyonder

TOAA/ The Presence/ Mother (from Spawn)

The funny thing is to me its always been like this spectre>>>>>>LT

Big Sexy
Originally posted by Supreme being
The funny thing is to me its always been like this spectre>>>>>>LT Nah, Spectre flucuates too much for me to believe that.

draxx_tOfU
DEFINITELY!
Living Tribunal
Man of Miracles
Lucifer
Michael
Thanos with IG not THOTU would suffice....
MAYBE...
Magically amped Captain Marvel with a bit more time...
current Spawn...J/K!

Lord Urizen
Or do you mean, Lucifer the Lightbringer.. the VERTIGO character? As in, not DC canon?

Non DC Canon perhaps, but VERTIGO CANON nonetheless.... droolio

GET SOME ! GET SOMEEE!!!!

Wrathful is coming from the point of view, that The Presence, can make his Wrath unbeatable if he so chooses. The Presence wills, Spectre fullfills.

That is the FIRST logical, correct, and accurate non-biblical biased answer you have ever responded to me.

I am proud of you yes

Lord Urizen
Originally posted by Galan777
Wasn't Spectre going rouge during that battle? Because he certainly wasn't being backed by the logoz/God at that time...

Thats a little bit overboard, Spectre didn't even confront Lucifer in a battleing type of sense...

Doesn't matter..point is he WAS BEATEN

Stop trying to justify what happened. He's been beaten before, he can be beaten again....

King Kandy
THOTU's power is equal to TOAA... It would win...

I read a debate where good points were made in favor of LT beating Spectre, at http://forums.comicbookresources.com/showthread.php?t=70266

Juntai
Non DC Canon perhaps, but VERTIGO CANON nonetheless.... droolio

GET SOME ! GET SOMEEE!!!!
I'm not sure Vertigo actually has a canon, seems to be just random adult themed stories.

Galan777
Doesn't matter..point is he WAS BEATEN

Stop trying to justify what happened. He's been beaten before, he can be beaten again.... laughing out loud I'm simply justifying that you can't really call it a fight if Spectre wasn't empowered...........

Let me ask you this, if God truly wanted Michael dead for some reason, who do you think he would send to carry out that task????

Could it be his wrath? Could it be Spectre?

steverules
Wolverine shifty or Aunt May

Priest
Id say on average showings the Living Tribunal should be able to take down spectre, he can effortly put down the IG when Adam had control of it, that power there.

Classic Beyonder without a dout can take on spectre, he made LT and the rest of the marvel cosmic his ***** on pannel.

Thanos with HOTU would take down spectre, unless spectre was backed up by the presence 100% it would be a stailmate.

Galan777
Originally posted by Priest
Classic Beyonder without a dout can take on spectre, he made LT and the rest of the marvel cosmic his ***** on pannel. Beyonder never layed a finger on LT or any cosmic being except the celestials

Priest
Beyonder never layed a finger on LT or any cosmic being except the celestials
We only see LT when the multiverse is in danger, Classic Beyonder was threating the Multiverse, all the abtracts including LT was there trying to reason with the Beyonder to no avail..The Beyonder dident fight the abstracts because he dident reguard LT and the other abstracts as a threat to him.
thats wat i meant when Lt got b*tched by the beyonder.

Galan777
We only see LT when the multiverse is in danger, Classic Beyonder was threating the Multiverse, all the abtracts including LT was there trying to reason with the Beyonder to no avail..The Beyonder dident fight the abstracts because he dident reguard LT and the other abstracts as a threat to him.
thats wat i meant when Lt got b*tched by the beyonder. Or did LT choose to not fight because he knew that Molecule Man would beat the Beyonder in the end? I mean LT is omniscent afterall....

The world may never know wink

Priest
Or did LT choose to not fight because he knew that Molecule Man would beat the Beyonder in the end? I mean LT is omniscent afterall....

The world may never know wink
indeed
but still very suspect on LT part if true.
But we cant assume LT knew wat was going to happen in the end.

Galan777
indeed
but still very suspect on LT part if true.
But we cant assume LT knew wat was going to happen in the end. With omniscents (knowledge of all that has, does, or will ever exist) you would think LT should have known that MM would eventually beat the Beyonder, but thats just my oppinion...

Priest
With omniscents (knowledge of all that has, does, or will ever exist) you would think LT should have known that MM would eventually beat the Beyonder, but thats just my oppinion...
I like ur thinking..
BUT why did LT even bother to fight Thanos with HOTU if he knew that he wouldent win?
I know LT is omniscent, but if he trully knew wat the out come of the future is gonna be, he wouldent have lost the way he did.

Lord Urizen
I'm not sure Vertigo actually has a canon, seems to be just random adult themed stories.

But the series was still a masterpiece !

Juntai
But the series was still a masterpiece ! True enough.

King Kandy
Id say on average showings the Living Tribunal should be able to take down spectre, he can effortly put down the IG when Adam had control of it, that power there.

Classic Beyonder without a dout can take on spectre, he made LT and the rest of the marvel cosmic his ***** on pannel.

Thanos with HOTU would take down spectre, unless spectre was backed up by the presence 100% it would be a stailmate.
HOTU would still win. The presence cannot give Spectre ALL of it's power, it must leave some remaining.

Grimm22
Spectre backed by God is unbeatable no expression

The only one who could beat him would be God, no one else would stand a chance

Takion
LU I can't beleive you forgot The Cosmic Mother.

Galan777
I like ur thinking..
BUT why did LT even bother to fight Thanos with HOTU if he knew that he wouldent win?
I know LT is omniscent, but if he trully knew wat the out come of the future is gonna be, he wouldent have lost the way he did. See there again, you could argue that since LT is omniscent, he would have known that eventually Thanos would restore everything to how it was, and it would no longer matter if he "lost" when he did because it wouldn't last indefinatley....

This is all just my oppinion though, but if LT is truly omniscent then I think it makes perfect sense

King Kandy
See there again, you could argue that since LT is omniscent, he would have known that eventually Thanos would restore everything to how it was, and it would no longer matter if he "lost" when he did because it wouldn't last indefinatley....

This is all just my oppinion though, but if LT is truly omniscent then I think it makes perfect sense
Maybe he figured "I'll probably lose, and Thanos will just restore everything, so no loss. On the other hand, I could actualy win, and save everyone a whole bunch of trouble".

Galan777
Originally posted by King Kandy
Maybe he figured "I'll probably lose, and Thanos will just restore everything, so no loss. Thats basically what I'm saying...

On the other hand, I could actualy win, and save everyone a whole bunch of trouble". Well you have to think of LT as though he is truly omniscent, so if thats true, then LT would have never thought he might win because he would have known what would happen to him once he started fighting Thanos....

But we will probably never know wink

MightyEInherjar
IMO:

LT
Thanos w/ HOTU
TOAA
PR Beyonder
...Mufassa.

Galan777
Originally posted by MightyEInherjar
IMO:

LT
Thanos w/ HOTU
TOAA
PR Beyonder

Nah its more like:

TOAA
Thanos /w/ THOTU
PR Beyonder
LT

King Kandy
Thats basically what I'm saying...

Well you have to think of LT as though he is truly omniscent, so if thats true, then LT would have never thought he might win because he would have known what would happen to him once he started fighting Thanos....

But we will probably never know wink
That's not how omnescience works. He saw all the possible outcomes, and saw that he had a 99.99999% chance of losing, and beings restored, and a slight but nonzero chance of winning. So, the worst thing that could happen was that he would be restored. So, he figured, why not take a chance?

Galan777
That's not how omnescience works. He saw all the possible outcomes, and saw that he had a 99.99999% chance of losing, and beings restored, and a slight but nonzero chance of winning. So, the worst thing that could happen was that he would be restored. So, he figured, why not take a chance? The definition of Omniscent straight from webster is:
"having infinite knowledge, knowing all things"

so LT would have absolutley known what would happen to him when he confronted Thanos, and he also would have known that everything would eventually be restored to how it was in the end.

Galan777
But the series was still a masterpiece ! yes

Thanos_THOTU

King Kandy
The definition of Omniscent straight from webster is:
"having infinite knowledge, knowing all things"

so LT would have absolutley known what would happen to him when he confronted Thanos, and he also would have known that everything would eventually be restored to how it was in the end.
This can't have happened. The future in Marvel isn't laid out like that. If only one thing could happen, then there would be no "Alternate universes."

Fanboy
Nothing.

King Kandy
Originally posted by Fanboy
Nothing.
Plenty of things.

Juntai
Galactus can do it!
shifty

Rewmac
Galactus can do it!
shifty

Did you catch a cold with fever or something??? confused

Juntai
Did you catch a cold with fever or something??? confused lol. Just poking fun.

Rewmac
I know...But you should know it best, that Wolverine could beat him...

Galan777
This can't have happened. The future in Marvel isn't laid out like that. If only one thing could happen, then there would be no "Alternate universes." alternate universes are simply those outside the 616 universe, why is it so hard to believe that only 1 event could or would have happened in 1 singular universe?

Galan777

juggernaut66666
Aegis and Tenebrous no expression

Galan777
Originally posted by juggernaut66666
Aegis and Tenebrous no expression What the f**k?

Thanos_THOTU
All this referes to Beyonder being Omnipotent (which he may have been) But so is TOAA

But Beyonder is NOT Omniscent as God/TOAA is, hence Beyonder is NOT as powerful, period...
How to put this ... Beyonder was like Thanos w/ Heart ... Had the power but not the knowledge ... At least not in Marvel Multi-verse.

In his realm (which was infinity times bigger than the Marvel-Multiverse) : His Omniverse, he was omniseint as well.

So basicly he's the OAA in the PR beyond-realm.

Galan777
Originally posted by Thanos_THOTU
How to put this ... Beyonder was like Thanos w/ Heart ... Had the power but not the knowledge ... At least not in Marvel Multi-verse. Correct, this is why
TOAA>Beyonder

In his realm (which was infinity times bigger than the Marvel-Multiverse) Where is that stated?

His Omniverse, he was omniseint as well. He didn't have an omniverse, just a universe.

So basicly he's the OAA in the PR beyond-realm. There is only 1 TOAA, and Beyonder isn't it...

Thanos_THOTU
Hmm ... Wouldent say that.
In terms of intelligence in Marvel Multi-verse ... Yes.

Secret War's ... He said that he understood everything before entering the Marvel Multi-verse.

True indeed, but it had the size of the Omniverse.
Think about it.
Beyonder created a universe, which was infinity times bigger than the Multi-verse with his powers ... And since he is the sum of the Beyond, he have it's powers, and it was enough to create something infinity times the Multi-verse.
Beyond = infinity Multi-verses (in size)

The creator (Avatar of the writer) would kick Beyonder's ass in the Marvel Omniverse.
In the Beyond realm "logicaly" Beyonder would win.

WrathfulDwarf
Galactus can do it!
shifty

No, no, nooo...Wolverine can do it all alone! He has Adamentium claws. stick out tongue

juggernaut66666
Some member *cough OneDumbGo cough*
thinks that Galactus can beat Spectre

Galan777
Hmm ... Wouldent say that.
In terms of intelligence in Marvel Multi-verse ... Yes. TOAA is greater in every way period, I know u like the Beyonder........ but seriously What the f**k?

Secret War's ... He said that he understood everything before entering the Marvel Multi-verse. Yeah well in SW II he didn't know what was going on half the time, hence he is not omniscent, and is not as powerful as TOAA.

True indeed, but it had the size of the Omniverse.
Think about it.
Beyonder created a universe, which was infinity times bigger than the Multi-verse with his powers ... And since he is the sum of the Beyond, he have it's powers, and it was enough to create something infinity times the Multi-verse.
Beyond = infinity Multi-verses (in size) Nope, Beyonder created a universe that met no resistance in the infinite Beyond realm, never once does it say that his universe was larger then the multiverse, let alone the omniverse.

The creator (Avatar of the writer) would kick Beyonder's ass in the Marvel Omniverse.
In the Beyond realm "logicaly" Beyonder would win. Nope, because "logically" the writer is the one that invented the Beyond realm, hence the Beyonder looses there as well.

WrathfulDwarf

King Kandy
alternate universes are simply those outside the 616 universe, why is it so hard to believe that only 1 event could or would have happened in 1 singular universe?
When events diverge, you get alternate timelines. that's becuase there's more then one possible way of things turning out.

King Kandy
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Rather arrogant statement for a very powerful being, don't ya think?
Yet entierely factualy accurat.

Galan777
When events diverge, you get alternate timelines. that's becuase there's more then one possible way of things turning out. And you know that there was more then 1 possible outcome of that event how? All that was shown on pannel was 1 outcome, hence LT most certainly would have know what would have happened......

And even if there was more then 1 outcome, LT is friggin omniscent. An omniscent being knows EVERYTHING that has, does, or will ever happen. LT would have known the outcome of THOTU's actions any way you look at it.

King Kandy
And you know that there was more then 1 possible outcome of that event how? All that was shown on pannel was 1 outcome, hence LT most certainly would have know what would have happened......

And even if there was more then 1 outcome, LT is friggin omniscent. An omniscent being knows EVERYTHING that has, does, or will ever happen. LT would have known the outcome of THOTU's actions any way you look at it.
Yeah. He knows everything that could possibly happen. You're right there. Exept in almost everycase, more then one thing happens.

Someone kills someone, with the LT present. YOU, would make the case that LT kneww that would happen. I would make the case that LT knew that would happen, but also that it happened a different way, in a divergent timeline. And since he safegaurds the Multi-Verse, it's equaly real for him.

Galan777
Yeah. He knows everything that could possibly happen. You're right there. Exept in almost everycase, more then one thing happens.

Someone kills someone, with the LT present. YOU, would make the case that LT kneww that would happen. I would make the case that LT knew that would happen, but also that it happened a different way, in a divergent timeline. And since he safegaurds the Multi-Verse, it's equaly real for him. Thats the only time you have made such a point.......

In that case I agree, except you have to think outside of the box.....

Anything that happens in comics may have started out with a number of outcomes, but when its all said and done, there is only 1 outcome to a single event everytime....

So regardless of the number of possible outcomes, LT (being omniscent) would know the true outcome that would eventually come about.

King Kandy
Thats the only time you have made such a point.......

Anything that happens in comics may have started out with a number of outcomes, but when its all said and done, there is only 1 outcome to a single event everytime....

So regardless of the number of possible outcomes, LT (being omniscent) would know the true outcome that would eventually come about.
Really? What If? would seem to indicate otherwise.

King Kandy
Thats the only time you have made such a point.......

There is no "True Outcome". as shown in "What If?", all outcomes have universes of their own.

Galan777
Really? What If? would seem to indicate otherwise. "What If's" aren't cannon, and really can't be provided as evidence in cannonical comics.

Galan777
There is no "True Outcome". as shown in "What If?", all outcomes have universes of their own. Refer to above post.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.