IronMan vs Green Lantern

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Booyah
Who'd take this?

braz
stalemate.

batdude123
Green Lantern 10/10.

braz
cant Iron Man create force fields too? confused

Booyah
Originally posted by batdude123
Green Lantern 10/10.

I Agree with ya all the way Batdude.

batdude123
Originally posted by braz
cant Iron Man create force fields too? confused

That's not gonna save him.

Booyah

Noop, Not in the least

braz

it saved him and some others from being killed by a nuclear bomb, at like, point blank. no expression

Accel
IM wins every time.

Any one whos say otherwise is a Marvel-hating fanboy.

batdude123
Originally posted by Accel
IM wins every time.

I guess I'm a Marvel-hating fanboy then.

batdude123
Originally posted by braz
it saved him and some others from being killed by a nuclear bomb, at like, point blank. no expression

It isn't going to save him.

Ultraman Baltan
GL utterly destroys him.

Tony Stark
I guess I'm a Marvel-hating fanboy then.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

NEWS FLASH!!!

eek!

laughing

IM is faster,stronger,smarter,has the healing factor, and most importantly he gets more booty... Therefore he wins the majority.

IM 6/10

wink

Soljer
IM wins every time.

Holy shit. Never thought ANYONE would call me a Marvel Hating Fanboy.

The Green Lantern wins the majority.

He's far more powerful, far more versatile, and could be stronger and faster as well, if he felt like it.

Accel
Someone needs to turn up their Sarcasm Meter. rolling on floor laughing

Soljer

You know what? I've worked way too much today. Not my fault. erm.

juggernaut66666
Originally posted by Tony Stark
roll eyes (sarcastic)

NEWS FLASH!!!

eek!

laughing

IM is faster,stronger,smarter,has the healing factor, and most importantly he gets more booty... Therefore he wins the majority.

IM 6/10

wink
Ironman looses 10/10

bigbran
roll eyes (sarcastic)

NEWS FLASH!!!

eek!

laughing

IM 6/10

wink laughing laughing out loud laughing rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing
Healing factor would do shit all.
Faster, What the f**k? go read a damn comic!
Stronger, of course... when Kyle is just a normal human!
When he uses his ring, he could lift way more than IM!
Plus Hal has KOed damn Mongul in one hit! Kyle has KOed Mongul as well. Do you realize how much strength that would take?
Kyle creates a big ass mit, and one shots Iron Man 10/10.

Give me a reasonable way that Tony could even get one win, let alone 6.

Ultraman Baltan

It broke a couple of weeks ago.
Ironman loses terribly.

Roldz
Originally posted by bigbran
laughing laughing out loud laughing rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing
Plus Hal has KOed damn Mongul in one hit! Kyle has KOed Mongul as well. Do you realize how much strength that would take?

Give me a reasonable way that Tony could even get one win, let alone 6.
I think he was talkin about the time Wolverine barrowed IM armor to look for Namor...
But yeah.. GL wins 10/10...

xmarksthespot
laughing laughing out loud laughing rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing

Give me a reasonable way that Tony could even get one win, let alone 6. Because Tony Stark (the member not the character) thinks Thing beats Mongul easily.

bigbran
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Because Tony Stark (the member not the character) thinks Thing beats Mongul easily. ...What the f**k? Hulk couldn't even beat Mongul.

Darth Vegas
I don't see how Iron Man could possibly defeat a Lantern.

spetznaz
Iron Man vs a Green Lantern (with both characters written according to KMC rules ...i.e. both are at their utmost form, not holding back, and not adhering to any PIS/CIS) would basically lead to no fight.
Reason being that written well, Iron Man (T.Stark) would simply be so intelligent that he would know he has no business mixing it up with a Green Lantern's week-old chinese takeout, let alone trying to actually fight an actual Green Lantern.
Thus Stark would wisely refuse to fight. He'd be too smart to be in a battle where he has NO CHANCE of winning.

However, should Stark be foolish enough to pick on ANY Green Lantern (ANY ONE OF THEM, as long as they are written according to KMC rules) then the result of the battle would be the Green Lantern (any of them) simply wiping Stark out of existence with a thought.

It would be that simple.

GL 1000000/10, and that is if the GL gives Stark a chance.

P.S: Stark could be wearing ANY of his armor, and the result would be the same. Total and utter defeat before ANY GL (written according to KMC rules).

BTW: There are a number of characters that could defeat a GL based on KMC rules, but those characters are basically at Deity level.
Basically (higher level) god-level beings and higher-level abstracts.

This means one simple thing ......putting characters like Iron Man against a GL, and having them face off using KMc rules, is basically a waste of bandwidth.
The GL will ALWAYS win.
ANY GL (even the so called 'weak' ones).
A 'weak' GL versus the strongest version of Iron Man would be like a mile-wide hurtling asteroid versus the strongest ant.
In essence, total overkill.

And if you put IM versus 'stronger' GL's like Hal and Kyle then you have a situation where the ant is matched up against a star going super-nova.

BTW: Talking about exploding stars ....Kyle, when he was starting out as a GL and thus still a rookie, managed to withhold the energy of an exploding star.

Inference: Iron Man is simply out of his league .....several times over.

Scoobless
Maybe if you go back to the yellow weakness era, then give Tony 2 hours to prep with as much yellow spray paint as he can find.... then retune his repulsors to have a yellow glow when fired.... he could win then.

smile

xmarksthespot
Maybe pixies have sex with ogres to make pogries.

messed

Scoobless
Or Pixar... the company that brought us Toy Story

stick out tongue

Innerhype
Originally posted by spetznaz
Iron Man vs a Green Lantern (with both characters written according to KMC rules ...i.e. both are at their utmost form, not holding back, and not adhering to any PIS/CIS) would basically lead to no fight.
Reason being that written well, Iron Man (T.Stark) would simply be so intelligent that he would know he has no business mixing it up with a Green Lantern's week-old chinese takeout, let alone trying to actually fight an actual Green Lantern.
Thus Stark would wisely refuse to fight. He'd be too smart to be in a battle where he has NO CHANCE of winning.

However, should Stark be foolish enough to pick on ANY Green Lantern (ANY ONE OF THEM, as long as they are written according to KMC rules) then the result of the battle would be the Green Lantern (any of them) simply wiping Stark out of existence with a thought.

It would be that simple.

P.S: Stark could be wearing ANY of his armor, and the result would be the same. Total and utter defeat before ANY GL (written according to KMC rules).

BTW: There are a number of characters that could defeat a GL based on KMC rules, but those characters are basically at Deity level.

This means one simple thing ......putting characters like Iron Man against a GL, and having them face off using KMc rules, is basically a waste of bandwidth.
The GL will ALWAYS win.
A 'weak' GL versus the strongest version of Iron Man would be like a mile-wide hurtling asteroid versus the strongest ant.

And if you put IM versus 'stronger' GL's like Hal and Kyle then you have a situation where the ant is matched up against a star going super-nova.

BTW: Talking about exploding stars ....Kyle, when he was starting out as a GL and thus still a rookie, managed to withhold the energy of an exploding star.

Yeah right dude, Iron Man wins the majority here

juggernaut66666
Originally posted by Innerhype
Yeah right dude, Iron Man wins the majority here
Nope.

batdude123
roll eyes (sarcastic)

NEWS FLASH!!!

eek!

laughing

IM 6/10

wink

You're a complete and utter idiot.

Innerhype
IM wins every time.

juggernaut66666
laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

Sub_Mariner
Accel was also being sarcastic.

Give me 5 reasons why IM wins.

Priest
GL Buster Armor for the win

Soljer

It would be that simple.

The GL will ALWAYS win.

Pretty much.

A Green Lantern beats pretty damn near ANYONE top-tier and below for something along the lines of 10/10.

As long as they aren't like....Quasar or Surfer, someone who can actually mimic the Green Lantern to some extent.

Superman, though? Gladiator? Yeah. The Green Lantern kicks them around.

Friggin IRON MAN? Who is mid-top-tier at BEST?

laughing laughing laughing

Soljer
Originally posted by Priest
GL Buster Armor for the win

Maybe, erm.

As someone else said, give Tony Prep, and the green lanterns a debilitiating weakness, and MAYBE he can take a majority.

If he could somehow figure out how to absorb Oan energy to boost his suit, AND yellow-it-up.

erm.

Maybe?

Innerhype
Originally posted by Soljer
Maybe, erm.

As someone else said, give Tony Prep, and the green lanterns a debilitiating weakness, and MAYBE he can take a majority.

If he could somehow figure out how to absorb Oan energy to boost his suit, AND yellow-it-up.

erm.

Maybe?

Tony figured out on a whim how to absorb Power Cosmic through his armor WITHOUT prep so it won't be that hard to do the same to Oan energy AND he can make his armor appear any color or thing via holograms and such

juggernaut66666
Tony figured out on a whim how to absorb Power Cosmic through his armor WITHOUT prep so it won't be that hard to do the same to Oan energy AND he can make his armor appear any color or thing via holograms and such
WOW!!! Then Tony wins 10/10

Tron

A GL could dismantle his armor piece by piece before that thought would come to Tony's mind.

Innerhype
Originally posted by Tron
A GL could dismantle his armor piece by piece before that thought would come to Tony's mind.

Doubtful.

Tony'll mistake a GL for Dr. Spectrum and know full-well what a GL is capable of and that won't take too long at all.

Validus
Spectrum is not Green Lantern. He's Green Lantern if Green Lantern sucked.

Soljer
Originally posted by Validus
Spectrum is not Green Lantern. He's Green Lantern if Green Lantern sucked.

Really.

Really.

Really.

REALLY.

Hard.

Tony Stark
You're a complete and utter idiot.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

No man thats your KMC title. And as the highlander says "there can be only one" and thats you babe.

wink

NiņoAraņa
roll eyes (sarcastic)

No man thats your KMC title. And as the highlander says "there can be only one" and thats you babe.

wink any GL>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Hulk>>>>>>>>>>>Iron Man

that picture proves nothing

bigbran

It would be that simple.

The GL will ALWAYS win.

Inference: Iron Man is simply out of his league .....several times over. Higher level abstracts?
So it would take Eternity to beat any GL?
Other than that, Tony gets molested.

Accel

NiņoAraņa
His pictures never really have any thing to do with his arguments. no expression

i can't even respond.....

Soljer
Higher level abstracts?

It really would take a low-level abstract, or high skyfather to beat out a non-jobbing, full potential, all out, written to the best possible, Green Lantern.

Either that, or Quasar or the Surfer, who are pseudo-Green Lanterns as is.

cheap cabbage
Gl kicks superman's ass? I believe this is superman waking up from his nap to save kyle's useless ass. Then in standard super-dick fashion....leaves him. But I digress. GL wipes his shirt with what's left of Tony.

http://img47.imageshack.us/my.php?image=supermanv2204p019gl4.jpg
http://img47.imageshack.us/my.php?image=supermanv2204p020cs7.jpg
http://img47.imageshack.us/my.php?image=supermanv2204p021ev1.jpg

Pretty much.

A Green Lantern beats pretty damn near ANYONE top-tier and below for something along the lines of 10/10.

As long as they aren't like....Quasar or Surfer, someone who can actually mimic the Green Lantern to some extent.

Superman, though? Gladiator? Yeah. The Green Lantern kicks them around.

Friggin IRON MAN? Who is mid-top-tier at BEST?

Innerhype
Originally posted by Sub_Mariner
Accel was also being sarcastic.

Give me 5 reasons why IM wins.

1. Speed and reflex advantage. Tony uses his armor and all other tech in the world at the speed of thought.

2. Experience. If we're talking about Kyle than many more years worth, Tony also walks all over any Dr. Spectrum who basically uses the same exact power and can do what any GL does.

3. Smarter. Tony makes up what he lacks in muscle in this department, can bust out just about any thing to counter any thing on the fly. See the result of Sentry trying to beat Iron Man.

4. Versatility. GL can do anything with his ring. Iron Man can do damn near anything with his armor(s), throw in the fact that Tony can control millions of other things in the world that can be weaponized against GL at the same time and Tony takes this department too.

5. Iron Man is top-tier. Might not be acceptable by some but very true.

Tha C-Master
Green Lantern tears him a new one all the time... every time, even at minimal power.

geshien
Higher level abstracts?

laughing

Soljer
1. Speed and reflex advantage. Tony uses his armor and all other tech in the world at the speed of thought.

2. Experience. If we're talking about Kyle than many more years worth, Tony also walks all over any Dr. Spectrum who basically uses the same exact power and can do what any GL does.

3. Smarter. Tony makes up what he lacks in muscle in this department, can bust out just about any thing to counter any thing on the fly. See the result of Sentry trying to beat Iron Man.

4. Versatility. GL can do anything with his ring. Iron Man can do damn near anything with his armor(s), throw in the fact that Tony can control millions of other things in the world that can be weaponized against GL at the same time and Tony takes this department too.

Green Lantern's mind works quicker than Tony's. Not to mention that the ring functions both at the speed of thought, AND, at times, instantaneously on it's own when needed. How is that an advantage to Tony?

And, exactly how is Tony going to whip out something to combat....ANYTHING. Kyle can make quite nearly ANYTHING with his ring. He could even just make himself a friggin Daxamite, and beat down Tony the old fashioned way. What is Tony gonna pull out of that?

Versatility? You're giving A GUY IN A TIN SUIT the versatility advantage over the EMERALD PROTECTOR!? The green friggin lantern! His ring is unlimited in it's options. There is not a thing that Kyle can't do.

And your last point, Tony ISN'T top tier. Real top tiers molest him. Barring some PIS, Ironman has no chance against the likes of the Surfer, Thor, Superman, a Green Lantern, the Manhunter, the Flash, you know...the REAL top tiers.

Hell, Kyle could just make a 40 ounce with his ring, and while Tony's distracted with blissful ecstasy, whack him in the head from behind.

Tha C-Master
I didn't know we had that many Iron Man fanboys on the board... that's cool since Iron Man is like my second fave Marvel Character.

Innerhype
blushing

Rewmac
Kyle Rayner as Green Lantern contained the Big Bang of a planet called War World. Battled Grayven. Has taken Superboy. Iron Man hasn't got anything to counter this. He is based on technology. The ring's limitless power is based on Kyle's imagination. Kyle would overcome and beat Iron Man.

Soujaboy

laughing He can do anything with his armor? yea thats why Thor ripped it off and told him he wasn't worthy.

Stop spewing bullshit, Gl 10/10

Validus
Wow. Did someone just try to argue Iron Man is as versatile as Green Lantern? confused

juggernaut66666
Is there a problem with that?

Soujaboy
Wow. Did someone just try to argue Iron Man is as versatile as Green Lantern? confused

Yea laughing

Innerhype
Originally posted by Soujaboy
laughing He can do anything with his armor? yea thats why Thor ripped it off and told him he wasn't worthy.

Stop spewing bullshit, Gl 10/10

Think GL could have actually done better?

Soujaboy
Think GL could have actually done better?

No, bout the same. no expression

juggernaut66666
Well Iron Man has beaten the Hulk once.

Rewmac
Originally posted by juggernaut66666
Well Iron Man has beaten the Hulk once.

Don't you dare say........

starlock
i will go with the green lantern for the win

Innerhype
Originally posted by Rewmac
Don't you dare say........

Iron Man beat Silver Surfer twice

juggernaut66666
Iron man beating Surfer? Even if it has happened it must be PIS.

Sub_Mariner
Which GL is it anyway?(Not that it matters)

Innerhype
Which GL is it anyway?(Not that it matters)

I'm assuming Kyle or John

Innerhype
Iron man beating Surfer? Even if it has happened it must be PIS.

Mayhaps, but it happened twice

harri
im takes this one 10/10 plus that force field is real cool and he hit the hulk in one hit and won

Sub_Mariner
I'm assuming Kyle or John

Kyle wtfpwns Iron Man.

Sub_Mariner
Originally posted by harri
im takes this one 10/10 plus that force field is real cool and he hit the hulk in one hit and won

no expression

GL forcefields are stronger.

Plus Kyle is faster, as Superman himself states in Circle of Fire, he is the JLAs fastest flyer.

GL 10/10.

harri
Kyle wtfpwns Iron Man. wrong you should no better im is super strong and is pretty cool (not really big grin )

Innerhype
Kyle wtfpwns Iron Man.

Sub_Mariner
wrong you should no better im is super strong and is pretty cool (not really big grin )

GLs contain exploding Suns and such.

IM hardly contains flys.

harri
still im in comic 786 uses his force fields to destroy abomination

harri
easily and in im 347 im batteres gl by generator fields when he went to the dc universe to find lobo like venom battered super man that was good so there

Sub_Mariner

Wrong.

Kyle is the fastest flyer in the JLA. IM has sh*t on Supes and Kyle pwns him.

GLs can do ANYTHING, Imagination pwns anything Iron Mans suit can do.

Plus, if this is current Kyle, current Kyle is Ion, No?

juggernaut66666
Wrong.

Kyle is the fastest flyer in the JLA. IM has sh*t on Supes and Kyle pwns him.

GLs can do ANYTHING, Imagination pwns anything Iron Mans suit can do.

Plus, if this is current Kyle, current Kyle is Ion, No?
Why are you debating with these people?

harri
o jugg i love your new sig its mega cool

Sub_Mariner
Why are you debating with these people?

I'm bored.

Waiting for my kebab to come.

harri
and by the way if you meant these people meaning me you can as welsh people say it cer i crafu wat mean go away mad

juggernaut66666
I'm bored.

Waiting for my kebab to come.
laughing laughing

Sub_Mariner
laughing laughing

Anyway, can IM time travel?

I thought not, GL 10/10 and i never give out 10/10s.

harri
watever

Sub_Mariner
watever

Wow, what a classic debater. I admit defeat.

Innerhype
Anyway, can IM time travel?

I thought not, GL 10/10 and i never give out 10/10s.

When Tony built his time machine, his armor incorporated all the tech needed to time travel while he was back in time.

So yes...

Sub_Mariner
When Tony built his time machine, his armor incorporated all the tech needed to time travel while he was back in time.

So yes...

Marvel seem to know nothing of this. roll eyes (sarcastic)

I just checked Marvel Database.

Here are The Rings powers:
Energy Blasts: The ring can be used to fire blasts of Oan energy or create weapons such as projectiles of them. If the user wishes, they can alter the form of the blasts, such as Kilowog's "booms."
Force-Field Generation: The ring can create various forcefields of various sizes and shapes to protect the wearer and others around him. The ring will automatically form a protective aura under certain conditions, such as going into space, even if the wearer is unconscious.
Energy Constructs: he ring can form constructs of Oan energy. Virtually anything can be created depending on the user. If simulating a being, the user can direct the construct. Feedback occurs if a construct is destroyed, but this is usually a minor issue.
Energy Absorption: The ring can absorb and store most other energies. Doing so does NOT replenish the normal store of energy the ring has. A ring that needs recharging but contained a store of electricity could only discharge that electricity, for example.
Super Flight / Wormholes & Space Warps: The ring allows the user to fly at incredible speeds. The ring also enables the user to use wormholes and space warps to further cut down travel time in space. Oa, which is rumored to be at the center of the known universe, is said to be able to be reached by a Green Lantern in only a few days of space warp travel. A protective field helps guard against friction while in atmospheres and allows safe travel while in space.
Teleportation / Time Travel: The ring has also been used for teleportation and time travel.
Healing: The ring has the ability to heal physical injuries and illness depending on the knowledge and skill or the wearer.
Electromagnetic Detection: The ring has a wide range of detection abilities. Most normal electromagnetic phenomena are within the range of the ring, including radio, television, infrared, ultraviolet, and high frequency band communications. The ring can also be used to record or playback events.
Knowledge Interface: The rings can function as references for their users, having the vast knowledge of the Oans to draw upon as well as mission recordings and trainings. With the Corps restarting, it is unknown how much of the old data remains.
Language Translation: The ring allows for translation as long as the medium for communication can be duplicated by the ring and the wearer is aware that communication is being attempted. However, this ability seems less effective since the restoration; it is possible that not all the data was recovered.
Material Alteration: The wearer can alter their costume. Other clothes worn are contained within the ring.
Duplication / Pocket Dimension / Mind Alteration: Other known effects include duplicating themselves, containing various items in a pocket dimension, and affecting the minds of others.
Security Protocal: The rings can be programmed. They are coded to the wearer to make them unusable if stolen. The ring will refuse to take an action that would kill a being unless they are on Oa or with permission.
Preset Conditions: Commands can be stored in the ring to be executed at a later date, even if the bearer is not wearing the ring. This ability was demonstrated by Ch'p, who surrendered his ring but ordered it to restrain his enemy after a few moments had passed.
Final Charge: The rings retain a charge until they run out of power. This variability ensures that the wearer takes great effort to keep it charged.
Mental Instability Protocal: Drug use, neural interference, vertigo or other forms of mental incapacitation can render the wearer unable to use their ring.
Fear Acceptance Protocal: Formerly, the rings were unable to directly affect yellow. Now, a wearer can bypass this if they can 'accept fear', which is personified by the color yellow.
Recharge Protocal: Formerly, the rings needed to be charged after a period of 24 hours, regardless of how often it was used.

Ions:
nigh-omnipotent with control over time and reality; Flight, energy manipulation.

I'm pretty sure GL takes this my friend. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Innerhype
Iron Man can also matter-teleport.

In the sense that he disappears from one spot and reappears in an entirely different one.

juggernaut66666
Gl opens a Blackhole an blasts Iron Man into it.

Sub_Mariner

In the sense that he disappears from one spot and reappears in an entirely different one.

Current Kyle blinks him from existing.

If you say Iron Man is necessary to the universe, i will kill you. no expression

Validus

Thanks for telling us all what teleportation means.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v296/superdante/scan1.jpg

Innerhype
Marvel seem to know nothing of this. roll eyes (sarcastic)

I just checked Marvel Database.

Here are The Rings powers:
Energy Blasts: The ring can be used to fire blasts of Oan energy or create weapons such as projectiles of them. If the user wishes, they can alter the form of the blasts, such as Kilowog's "booms."
Force-Field Generation: The ring can create various forcefields of various sizes and shapes to protect the wearer and others around him. The ring will automatically form a protective aura under certain conditions, such as going into space, even if the wearer is unconscious.
Energy Constructs: he ring can form constructs of Oan energy. Virtually anything can be created depending on the user. If simulating a being, the user can direct the construct. Feedback occurs if a construct is destroyed, but this is usually a minor issue.
Energy Absorption: The ring can absorb and store most other energies. Doing so does NOT replenish the normal store of energy the ring has. A ring that needs recharging but contained a store of electricity could only discharge that electricity, for example.
Super Flight / Wormholes & Space Warps: The ring allows the user to fly at incredible speeds. The ring also enables the user to use wormholes and space warps to further cut down travel time in space. Oa, which is rumored to be at the center of the known universe, is said to be able to be reached by a Green Lantern in only a few days of space warp travel. A protective field helps guard against friction while in atmospheres and allows safe travel while in space.
Teleportation / Time Travel: The ring has also been used for teleportation and time travel.
Healing: The ring has the ability to heal physical injuries and illness depending on the knowledge and skill or the wearer.
Electromagnetic Detection: The ring has a wide range of detection abilities. Most normal electromagnetic phenomena are within the range of the ring, including radio, television, infrared, ultraviolet, and high frequency band communications. The ring can also be used to record or playback events.
Knowledge Interface: The rings can function as references for their users, having the vast knowledge of the Oans to draw upon as well as mission recordings and trainings. With the Corps restarting, it is unknown how much of the old data remains.
Language Translation: The ring allows for translation as long as the medium for communication can be duplicated by the ring and the wearer is aware that communication is being attempted. However, this ability seems less effective since the restoration; it is possible that not all the data was recovered.
Material Alteration: The wearer can alter their costume. Other clothes worn are contained within the ring.
Duplication / Pocket Dimension / Mind Alteration: Other known effects include duplicating themselves, containing various items in a pocket dimension, and affecting the minds of others.
Security Protocal: The rings can be programmed. They are coded to the wearer to make them unusable if stolen. The ring will refuse to take an action that would kill a being unless they are on Oa or with permission.
Preset Conditions: Commands can be stored in the ring to be executed at a later date, even if the bearer is not wearing the ring. This ability was demonstrated by Ch'p, who surrendered his ring but ordered it to restrain his enemy after a few moments had passed.
Final Charge: The rings retain a charge until they run out of power. This variability ensures that the wearer takes great effort to keep it charged.
Mental Instability Protocal: Drug use, neural interference, vertigo or other forms of mental incapacitation can render the wearer unable to use their ring.
Fear Acceptance Protocal: Formerly, the rings were unable to directly affect yellow. Now, a wearer can bypass this if they can 'accept fear', which is personified by the color yellow.
Recharge Protocal: Formerly, the rings needed to be charged after a period of 24 hours, regardless of how often it was used.

Ions:
nigh-omnipotent with control over time and reality; Flight, energy manipulation.

I'm pretty sure GL takes this my friend. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Marvel doesn't seem to track/know the things that can be found in the respect threads and such

Innerhype
Thanks for telling us all what teleportation means.

Sorry, just thought I'll be specific on that 'lil known IM ability so my words aren't twisted around

Priest
this should be Green lantern with a hangover vs ironman

Sub_Mariner
Originally posted by Priest
this should be Green lantern with a hangover vs ironman

GL With no arms, his ring on his big toe.

Hangover.

Stoned.

Would still win.

Soljer
I still say the green lantern should just make a Jack Daniels Construct. It'd be a non-fight then.
smile.

Soljer
GL With no arms, his ring on his big toe.

Hangover.

Stoned.

Would still win.

I've always wondered...could the green lantern will the ring to become a piercing ring?

I've always thought the image of a green lantern with an Oa ring as an eyebrow ring would be humorous.

Or...eek.

Maybe a jacob's ladder? shifty

Imagine the power, wink.

Sub_Mariner
I've always wondered...could the green lantern will the ring to become a piercing ring?

I've always thought the image of a green lantern with an Oa ring as an eyebrow ring would be humorous.

Or...eek.

Maybe a jacob's ladder? shifty

Imagine the power, wink.

sick laughing

Anyway.

Crippled. Stoned. No Armed. His ring on his toe. Deaf. Blind. Dumb GL takes this still.

harri
Wow, what a classic debater. I admit defeat. did you mean that

Roldz
Can IM freeze time? cause a GL ring can... GL 10/10 should...

Rewmac
This thread is like the good old Batman with Prep and Batkick versus Anyone, Angry Wolverine versus Anyone....Damn those old days...

The Pict
What the heck? Iron Man gets destroyed.

harri
shut up pen pidyn! mad

Tha C-Master

In the sense that he disappears from one spot and reappears in an entirely different one. How does Iron Man win again?

juggernaut66666

harri
wy did you do that?

Rewmac
IM takes this only in his dreams...Force field, repulsor blast and other types of weapons won't work. It's technology based and the GL ring eats every Sunday morning.

Innerhype
IM takes this only in his dreams...Force field, repulsor blast and other types of weapons won't work. It's technology based and the GL ring eats every Sunday morning.

Thats the 3rd time someone said Iron Man is techno-based as if something is wrong with that...

Anyways, I guess I'll recap the 'lil tangle from most recent Avengers/JLA for some kicks: Iron Man makes it to the motherbox right before GL shows up and traps the box and IM in a shield. IM busts out and tags GL with a blast that seem to disorientate him long enough for IM to fly in with a punch that lays GL out like a bag of apples...

Rewmac
Thats the 3rd time someone said Iron Man is techno-based as if something is wrong with that...

Anyways, I guess I'll recap the 'lil tangle from most recent Avengers/JLA for some kicks: Iron Man makes it to the motherbox right before GL shows up and traps the box and IM in a shield. IM busts out and tags GL with a blast that seem to disorientate him long enough for IM to fly in with a punch that lays GL out like a bag of apples...

So Iron Man isn't tachnology based??? So the armor is his mutant power or is it an alien symbiote??? Green Lantern could just witch off the armor's power source.

Innerhype
So Iron Man isn't tachnology based??? So the armor is his mutant power or is it an alien symbiote??? Green Lantern could just witch off the armor's power source.

Where did I say Iron Man isn't techo-based?

Juntai
GL wins.

Innerhype
Originally posted by Juntai
GL wins.

He sure does...

If you call getting knocked unconscious winning that is

Rewmac
What can Iron Man do when he is flying around N.Y. and meets Hal Jordan??

Galan777
How has this thread lasted so long?

There is nothing that Tony could do to a GL that could remotley harm him.... And Tony's power source would run out WELL before any GL's would....

GL 10/10

I watch Pokemon
What can Iron Man do when he is flying around N.Y. and meets Hal Jordan??

He can get his ass kicked Green Lantern style. smile

Iron Man loses 10/10.

Innerhype
Originally posted by Galan777
How has this thread lasted so long?

There is nothing that Tony could do to a GL that could remotley harm him.... And Tony's power source would run out WELL before any GL's would....

GL 10/10

Lucky for Tony he can recharge his armor from small appliances, sunlight, heat, cold, sound, shield's satellite network, by kinetic absorption, power cosmic, possibly Oan energy, alpha/beta particles floating everywhere... GL has a lantern you have to sing to big grin

Soljer
Lucky for Tony he can recharge his armor from small appliances, sunlight, heat, cold, sound, shield's satellite network, by kinetic absorption, power cosmic, possibly Oan energy, alpha/beta particles floating everywhere... GL has a lantern you have to sing to big grin

That's all well and good, no one's arguing which character is cooler.

They are arguing which character would win in a fight, and a non-jobbing Green Lantern wouldn't just win this fight, he'd UTTERLY STOMP Tony.

Explain to me not why Iron Man would win, but why (on what many consider to be a marvel biased forum) everyone except YOU and HARRI(as if that's anything to be proud of) are telling you that Iron Man goes down hard.

Do you really think that EVERYONE is just ignorant of Iron Man? Hell, I was arguing FOR him in a thread just a few days ago. I like the guy, the first super hero action figure I ever owned was of Iron Man. He was one of the original super heros I thought was a total badass.

Doesn't mean he can take a lantern.

Galan777
Lucky for Tony he can recharge his armor from small appliances, sunlight, heat, cold, sound, shield's satellite network, by kinetic absorption, power cosmic, possibly Oan energy, alpha/beta particles floating everywhere... GL has a lantern you have to sing to big grin IM is cool and everything, but your are like the only person who thinks he can win........

Gee I wonder why? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Accel
Well, him and Tony Stark.

Rewmac
Originally posted by I watch Pokemon
He can get his ass kicked Green Lantern style. smile

Iron Man loses 10/10.

Co-Signed. But I didn't know that Iron Man has KMC powered version too....But still that one loses too...

Sub_Mariner
Wow, what a classic debater. I admit defeat.
did you mean that

Yes, laughing roll eyes (sarcastic) .

juggernaut66666
He can recharge his armor with power cosmic ???????
From where did you get that bullshit????

Soujaboy
WTF, why is this thread still going on?

Galan777
Originally posted by Soujaboy
WTF, why is this thread still going on? I asked the same thing..

Innerhype
He can recharge his armor with power cosmic ???????
From where did you get that bullshit????

'Tis truth

It's how Iron Man took down Silver Surfer

Rewmac
Scans please???
And that was then...

Without Surfer how could he use Power Cosmic?? He makes it?? Every morning like a tea...
And OA power is something else. We don't know if he could use it.

JediMasterLuke5
Hal Jordan, Alan Scott, and John Stewart are all out of his league. Kyle Raynar would probably be closet match though. But the GL take this.

Galan777
Originally posted by JediMasterLuke5
Hal Jordan, Alan Scott, and John Stewart are all out of his league. Kyle Raynar would probably be closet match though. But the GL take this. Are you serious?

Kyle is one of the most powerful GL's that there are, Ironman would be NO match for him...

ExtraMision5555
im just trying to imagine how tony could win, but i often come up with nothing

Tha C-Master
Is this still going on? I'm not sure I'd argue Iron Man's favor if he was Kryptonian. erm

JediMasterLuke5
Are you serious?

Kyle is one of the most powerful GL's that there are, Ironman would be NO match for him...
Kyle is good but, not a match for the older GL's, they were the originals and therefore the most powerful.

Galan777
Kyle is good but, not a match for the older GL's, they were the originals and therefore the most powerful. Kyle is more then a match for all but a few of the strongest GL's, and to say that Ironman would have even a slight chance against Kyle is rediculous...

Soljer
Kyle is good but, not a match for the older GL's, they were the originals and therefore the most powerful.

Hahaha, nice argument there.

Because the originals are ALWAYS the most powerful. roll eyes (sarcastic)

It's been stated that Kyle's surpassed Hal.

Kyle is the strongest Green Lantern there is.

Galan777
Kyle is the strongest Green Lantern there is. Except for Alan Scott /w/ Stearheart.... but other then him, your right...

Soljer
Except for Alan Scott /w/ Stearheart.... but other then him, your right...

Well....

Yeah.

But that's because of the Starheart, not necessarily because of Alan's superiority as a lantern.

Rewmac
Hal Jordan, Alan Scott, and John Stewart are all out of his league. Kyle Raynar would probably be closet match though. But the GL take this.
Do you read comics??? wink embarrasment confused Well probably currentently the powerlistin'

1. Alan Scott (Sentinel)

2. Hal Jordan

3. Kyle Rayner

4. Kilowog

5. Guy Gardner

6. John Stewart

Rewmac
Hahaha, nice argument there.

Because the originals are ALWAYS the most powerful. roll eyes (sarcastic)

It's been stated that Kyle's surpassed Hal.

Kyle is the strongest Green Lantern there is.

Only because he is Ion. He didn't surpassed Hal. Kyle's ring was made that it work on yellow. Hal overcame that weakness with willpower.

Soljer
Only because he is Ion. He didn't surpassed Hal. Kyle's ring was made that it work on yellow. Hal overcame that weakness with willpower.

Well, Kyle MADE his ring overcome yellow while he was Ion....but regardless, I still think that Kyle is a more powerful combatant than Hal.

Though, for the most part, it's really subjective. I'll still give Green Lantern Kyle (not Ion) a slight superiority over Hal.

Galan777
Only because he is Ion. He didn't surpassed Hal. Kyle's ring was made that it work on yellow. Hal overcame that weakness with willpower. I'd say Kyle and Hal are very close in power, which is impressive considering how young Kyle is, and how much he should improve with age...

Soljer
I'd say Kyle and Hal are very close in power, which is impressive considering how young Kyle is, and how much he should improve with age...

yes

I'm not saying that Kyle is in another league compared to Hal. Just that he is slightly past him.

Slightly.

Rewmac
Well, Kyle MADE his ring overcome yellow while he was Ion....but regardless, I still think that Kyle is a more powerful combatant than Hal.

Though, for the most part, it's really subjective. I'll still give Green Lantern Kyle (not Ion) a slight superiority over Hal.

big grin laughing The Ion doesn't use a ring. Well here is the picture. Kyle's ring when he get was a version that works on yellow. He is a comparable one to Hal but still as on the top Hal is a little stronger. And I'm a Kyle fan. Hal Jordan is a veteran it is a really nice thing that they shows Kyle really strong. I love it. Kyle isn't superior to Hal yet. Maybe he will be. Currently he is Ion so he is above Hal at moment. But I suupose when he returns to his GL state he will be as powerful if not more than Hal (Hopefully).

Galan777
big grin laughing The Ion doesn't use a ring. You beat me to it!

Rewmac
confused

@c3
Well It Says GL Vs IM and for me GL will always be Hal so yeha the ring is powered by will power and if any one has that in Aces thats HAL,
Tony will always be the looser

Soljer
big grin laughing The Ion doesn't use a ring. Well here is the picture. Kyle's ring when he get was a version that works on yellow. He is a comparable one to Hal but still as on the top Hal is a little stronger. And I'm a Kyle fan. Hal Jordan is a veteran it is a really nice thing that they shows Kyle really strong. I love it. Kyle isn't superior to Hal yet. Maybe he will be. Currently he is Ion so he is above Hal at moment. But I suupose when he returns to his GL state he will be as powerful if not more than Hal (Hopefully).

I know that Ion doesn't use a Ring. I meant when he gave up the Ion power and went back to being a Green Lantern, isn't that when he initially gave himself the ability to overcome yellow, and always have a reserve charge, and etc.?

Validus

I know that Ion doesn't use a Ring. I meant when he gave up the Ion power and went back to being a Green Lantern, isn't that when he initially gave himself the ability to overcome yellow, and always have a reserve charge, and etc.?
That's when he gave himself the reserve charge but he never had a yellow weakness.

Soljer
That's when he gave himself the reserve charge but he never had a yellow weakness.

Well then....

I guess I'm just retarded.

Happy Dance

Galan777
yeah Kyle's ring never really had that weakness, so Kyle didn't have to overcome it in the same way Hal did...

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>