DC Earth vs. Annihilation Wave

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Madvillain
What if DC Earth was in the path of the Annihilation Wave- and they have no prior knowledge of it. Would they be able to stop it?

The Annihilation wave would include all ALL of Annihilus's allies in the saga..even those from the Negative Zone (i.e Centurions)

Milkie
DC Earth is more then enough

A lot of people will die but they make it

golem370
Are these the allies?

Silver Surfer
Super-Skrull
Nova
Quasar
Ronan the Accuser
Drax the Destroyer
Thanos
Firelord
Gamora
Phyla-Vell
Moondragon
Star-Lord
Galactus
Annihilus
Beyonder

Madvillain
its gonna be tough though...they've wiped out billions of races, most of the Skrull Empire and all of the Nova Corps and an entire UNIVERSE. it will be hard indeed. they probably outnumber DC Earth too. It's a tough asking. how could they feasibly do it (DC Earth)? just wondering.

Madvillain
Originally posted by golem370
Are these the allies?

Silver Surfer
Super-Skrull
Nova
Quasar
Ronan the Accuser
Drax the Destroyer
Thanos
Firelord
Gamora
Phyla-Vell
Moondragon
Star-Lord
Galactus
Annihilus
Beyonder

Actually no...Some are...

Thanos and Annihilus are though. And they've captured Galactus and are basically using him as a weapon. They used him to destroy a planet in like one blast.

Milkie
Why would they fight on the bad side?

Either way they still lose

There are too many Power Houses on DC Earth

Milkie
Originally posted by Madvillain
Actually no...Some are...

Thanos and Annihilus are though. And they've captured Galactus and are basically using him as a weapon. They used him to destroy a planet in like one blast.

There are people on DC Earth that could have blocked that blast while others destory that ship

The Wave has no chance

Madvillain
Originally posted by Milkie
Why would they fight on the bad side?

Either way they still lose

There are too many Power Houses on DC Earth

true...but I'm wondering how they could feasibly do it. im trying to find a way, but can't. when you have Galactus as a living weapon, and Thanos's calculating mind with most of the negative zone with you..its hard to see how anyone can even stop you. And Galactus level cosmic beings like Aegis and Tenebrous to do your bidding..hmm..not to mention the Centurions that are described by Marvel as a "Galactic Threat", with the Delinquent that can warp reality on almost a Universal Scale.....perhaps they can do it, but lets work it out practically.

golem370
Ultimate Nullifier

Madvillain
There are people on DC Earth that could have blocked that blast while others destory that ship

The Wave has no chance

People on DC that can shield full on attacks from Tenebrous, Aegis and Galactus at the same time?

And what do you mean destroy THAT ship. Which one? Annihilus's ship? It's never at the forefront of battle. He sends the millions of soldiers to do his work.

Or how do you stop Delinquent from Warping your entire planet? Or how about the Seekers that are all Silver Surfer level character? Just curious.

Madvillain
Ultimate Nullifier

lol, huh?

Galvaclaw
I could think of a way. Earth's Green Lanterns form a sheild around the planet. A big 7 JLA backed by both marvel families boom tube into Annihilus's flagship and procede to kick ass. The Spectre backed up by The world's top mystics show Aegis and Tenebrous. The other heroes and villains on Earth tackle the rest.

Madvillain
i said unbeknownst to DC Earth. meaning they have no prior knowledge of the onslaught about to overcome them. a lot of things you're suggesting would mean they had prep of some sort.

Milkie
People on DC that can shield full on attacks from Tenebrous, Aegis and Galactus at the same time?

And what do you mean destroy THAT ship. Which one? Annihilus's ship? It's never at the forefront of battle. He sends the millions of soldiers to do his work.

Or how do you stop Delinquent from Warping your entire planet? Or how about the Seekers that are all Silver Surfer level character? Just curious.

Those ships are not going to get the job done. They didn't even do it on that other planet. Annihilus will get mad and destory his own ships again.

When there are people and things like Phantom Stranger, Nabu, Shazam, Blackbriar Thorn, Atlantis and so on. Then it's not going to be so easy at all.

juggernaut66666
Ultimate Nullifier Galactus is afraid of using it although it could handle Dc Earth.

thedude1948
i said unbeknownst to DC Earth. meaning they have no prior knowledge of the onslaught about to overcome them. a lot of things you're suggesting would mean they had prep of some sort.
Without prep I dont see them having any chance. The Annihilation Wave has way too much fire power how are they going to shield against the Galactus cannon? lol.

Milkie
The Wave got held on a planet that had people with guns... GUNS...

Sure they had help from a few Ex-Heralds but DC Earth has guys that put them to shame.

Soujaboy
Tenebrous and Ageis are enough.....

Milkie
Sure They Are...

Soujaboy
Sure They Are...

To beings who's power is supposedly the equivalent to that Of Galactus should be enough to destroy DC earth.

Madvillain
The Wave got held on a planet that had people with guns... GUNS...

Sure they had help from a few Ex-Heralds but DC Earth has guys that put them to shame.

That was a mere fraction of the entire Wave. Stop reaching.

Milkie
That was a mere fraction of the entire Wave. Stop reaching.

So basicall you want THE WHOLE WAVE on one small planet?

That "fraction" was mure then enough.

Madvillain
And even then the job was still done...with a single blast at that.

Madvillain

So basicall you want THE WHOLE WAVE on one small planet?

That "fraction" was mure then enough.

Like you said, DC has powerhouses. I'm just seeing if its feasible. Right now its not looking like that.

Milkie
Well now you just said you want the whole wave ships and all on one small planet at the same time.

Soujaboy
Well now you just said you want the whole wave ships and all on one small planet at the same time.

Well thats what the Annihilation Wave is, is it not?

Milkie
There are Waves

No a continuse wave.

After they are defeated another wave comes after that

I think he wants the WHOLE wave that is spread throughout the universe on earth

OneDumbG0
You appear to be arguing semantics. You seem to concede that the entire Annihilation Wave at once would plow right through DC Earth. That's fine. You want to even up the odds and have the Annihilation Wave come at DC Earth piece-meal? Fine.

Annihilus' seekers (N-Zone cosmically powered beings who take down Galactus' heralds) lead the first wave, and get pwned by DC Earth. Annihilus senses this and sends a larger second wave with the Negative Zone's Centurions in tow. The 100 strongest champions from 100 worlds in the Negative Zone. DC Earth probably stops this wave only with massive losses and casulaties and world-wide destruction. DC's powerhouses are the only ones to remain and magic is probably their only trump card. Annihilus arrives himself with the Q-bands, with the rest of his Wave, with Thanos AND his Galactus Gun and that's the end most likely.

Annihilus would suck the power right out of any Sector 2814 GL ring, Quantum Band style (anybody else find that scene shocking?) with his Cosmic Rod. He'd probably suck out Superman's solar power also. Annihilus has already set up barriers against convenient sabotages like hive collective overrides/computer viruses so that would be a non-factor. And let's face it, Thanos + Galactus Gun? I don't think DC Earth's magic would help at all unless they could somehow BFR, which I never consider a win anyway, since they'd probably just come back. Annihilus wou;dn't even need Aegis or Tenebrous.Originally posted by Milkie When there are people and things like Phantom Stranger, Nabu, Shazam, Blackbriar Thorn, Atlantis and so on. Then it's not going to be so easy at all. As far as I've seen, most of those guys are already dead. laughing Blackbriar Thorn is still reviving himself, Nabu is gone, Shazam is gone and Atlantis was f'ed up by Spectre.

Only way for DC Earth's heroes to win is if they somehow convince Thanos to turn against Annihilus by using Galactus and the Power Cosmic against him and Aegis and Tenebrous. Or if they can somehow nab the Ultimate Nullifier or turn the Galactus Gun back onto the Wave, which Thanos as steward, would most likely never allow. Or if maybe Aegis and Tenebrous backstab Annihilus, but then again, Aegis and Tenebrous would probably destroy DC Earth themselves afterwards so that would net them nothing. Only real feasible way for DC Earth to win is if they somehow free Galactus and the Surfer, restore them to full power with magic (somehow...) and make a deal with them to fight off Annihilus, Thanos, Aegis and Tenebrous. That seem to be the only solution, other than the Ultimate Nullifer, I see MU having against 'Annihilation.' But as far as I've seen so far? Annihilus is badass. I wonder how it'll turn out.

Annihilation Wave 8/10

Milkie
I know some are dead.

but

He didn't say anything about it being current DC Earth.

Madvillain
No point in reviving characters from the dead or using past characters, so it's current DC Earth.

Avalonofthewind
JJ Thunder wishes them all into candy.

Milkie
Your thread your rules

this thread bores now

Galvaclaw
There some flaws in your logic. It assumes that Thanos, Aegis and Tenebrous are so awesome no one from DC Earth can stop them. Once again the Spectre could take down the two cosmics. Thanos could be at the very least roughed up and mounted on the Source wall by DC's Earth's greatest heroes.

I don't see why BFR isn't a viable win. The JLA have been shown to have large scale phantom zone projectors. That'd slow down most of the wave. There's always other options. Boom tube some of them back to the dawn of time to keep Imperiex company.

By that same note Zatanna could also say 'Cosmic rod is now in the sun' backwards. He's not invincible.

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by Galvaclaw
There some flaws in your logic. It assumes that Thanos, Aegis and Tenebrous are so awesome no one from DC Earth can stop them. Once again the Spectre could take down the two cosmics. Thanos could be at the very least roughed up and mounted on the Source wall by DC's Earth's greatest heroes.I'm pretty sure Thanos could take down any of the major DC heroes one on one. Even Superman. But even if you disagree with that, Aegis and tenebrous aren' just cosmics. They're Galactus level beings. MU's cosmos is basically Eternity, Death and Galactus. That's the basic trinity. You really think Spectre could take down two beings that are each as powerful and as fundamental as one of that trinity? Pfft. Spectre got manhandled by Parallax, manipulated by Eclipso and always uses magic absorption to take down big enemies, which the Annihilation Wave does not rely on in the least. Like I said, magic might account for some wins, IF AND ONLY IF, the Annihilation Wave comes in waves. If it comes all at once, fuggedaboutit, it'd be too late for Spectre to gather enough magic to wipe out the Wave.
I don't see why BFR isn't a viable win. The JLA have been shown to have large scale phantom zone projectors. That'd slow down most of the wave. There's always other options. Boom tube some of them back to the dawn of time to keep Imperiex company.

By that same note Zatanna could also say 'Cosmic rod is now in the sun' backwards. He's not invincible. Sigh. People still use BFR as an actual win? Whatever. But to refute that point, Thanos has got teleportation. And not Nightcrawler-style personal teleportation, he's got "put-a-galactic-armada-anywhere-you-want-level teleportation," which is why he's so fundamental to the Wave. He'd teleport them right back. Also, Zatanna would have to know about Annihilus' Cosmic Rod for that spell to work and in this scenario, the Wave attacks DC Earth without DC Earth being warned. So that probably wouldn't work since DC Earth would probably be wondering what the hell's going on as they swarm all over. She'd probably be a casualty of war when the Centurions attack anyway. As far as I can tell, she can't just say, "Annihilation Wave is destroyed" backwards and win it for DC Earth. She's got limits too.

golem370
lol, huh?

They are controlling Galactus right?

Milkie
No

They have him captured against his will and are using his power.

Board Walker
Jak Thunder takes the wave himself.

Madvillain

this thread bores now

i care?

bigbran
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
JJ Thunder wishes them all into candy. How powerful is he exactly?

My opinion:
Baring Spectre, and waiting to see how powerful that guy is, the wave crushes them.

Comparing, just for something to do:
Even with prep, I don't see Marvel Earth doing anything to this wave.
Who are they going to place against this wave, on the frontlines?

Annihilation Wave:
1000 champions. (Centerions)
Millions of men, and doglike creatures.
1000's of ships.
Motherships, and other bigger ships.
Annihilus's ship.
Annihilus.
Ravenous.
Thanos.
Skreets.
Tenebrous.
Aegis.
Terrax.
Galactus gun.
Silver Surfer. (unknown his role)
More are left to be discovered.

^^^^
Now everyone of those things besides Aegis, and Tenebrous, and maybe the Centerions, have Thanos tech.

Dumbledore>all
what story arc is the annihaltion wave on? I want to read about it. All those marvel powerhouses beings working together doing what?

Milkie
Annihilation...

Validus
Tenebrous and Aegis are not members of the Wave. They had a one time partnership.

Milkie
I was wondering were the heck they went

bigbran
Originally posted by Validus
Tenebrous and Aegis are not members of the Wave. They had a one time partnership. Didn't he strike a bargain?
http://www.imagehosting.com/show.php/10884_Annihilation2019.jpg.html
Plus, I think we will have to wait, for more issues.
Anyway, why would they just give up Galactus, when he locked them in their prison for however many millenia?

Milkie
That Bargain could have just been for helping capture the Big-G

WhiteWitchKing
There some flaws in your logic. It assumes that Thanos, Aegis and Tenebrous are so awesome no one from DC Earth can stop them. Once again the Spectre could take down the two cosmics. Thanos could be at the very least roughed up and mounted on the Source wall by DC's Earth's greatest heroes.

They are awesome beings and there are few to stand up to them. Spectre takes on two cosmics? Tenebrous and Aegis? You're pulling this from somewhere. Maybe high end Spectre, that aside no he wouldn't.

Earth's mightiest heroes have other things to worry about: the Havester of Sorrows, 100 Centurions, hundreds of warships, thousands of grounds troops, Paibok, Terrax, Ravenous, and the Seekers. Good luck getting to Thanos and I doubt they'd take him easily without most of them getting killed before he's taken down.

Thanos gave the Wave his teleportation technology. And the fire power packed by just the starships of the Wave, Annihilus' flag ship, and Thanos' ship would nuke Earth. Oh, and Thanos has led invasions before. He did destroy most of Titan. Annihilus has conquered planets as well. They know what they're doing.

She would no of the cosmic rod how? She has to get through the wave, seekers, Centurions, and warships to reach Annihilus.

Wave 9/10. This is a massacre. The Centurions were said to be possibly more powerful than Marvel Earth's superbeings. Whether that's true, the Centurions can still bog down the heavy hitters while the armada and Harvestor of Sorrows rip the planet to pieces.

bigbran
Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing
They are awesome beings and there are few to stand up to them. Spectre takes on two cosmics? Tenebrous and Aegis? You're pulling this from somewhere. Maybe high end Spectre, that aside no he wouldn't.

Earth's mightiest heroes have other things to worry about: the Havester of Sorrows, 100 Centurions, hundreds of warships, thousands of grounds troops, Paibok, Terrax, Ravenous, and the Seekers. Good luck getting to Thanos and I doubt they'd take him easily without most of them getting killed before he's taken down.

Thanos gave the Wave his teleportation technology. And the fire power packed by just the starships of the Wave, Annihilus' flag ship, and Thanos' ship would nuke Earth. Oh, and Thanos has led invasions before. He did destroy most of Titan. Annihilus has conquered planets as well. They know what they're doing.

She would no of the cosmic rod how? She has to get through the wave, seekers, Centurions, and warships to reach Annihilus.

Wave 9/10. This is a massacre. The Centurions were said to be possibly more powerful than Marvel Earth's superbeings. Whether that's true, the Centurions can still bog down the heavy hitters while the armada and Harvestor of Sorrows rip the planet to pieces. Actually, there are 1000 Centurions.

Madvillain
It's only a hundred buddy. It says so in Annihilation #2. And the name Centurion actually suggests that anyway lol.

And it also says they are more powerful than the might of Marvel Earth's superheroes combined.

Validus
Yeah but they also said Seekers were equal to a Galactus herald.

WhiteWitchKing
Eh, they don't need to be above or equal to. They can be below and still take out DC heroes with the backing of the Seekers and hordes of insectoids and warships.

Galan777
What if DC Earth was in the path of the Annihilation Wave- and they have no prior knowledge of it. Would they be able to stop it?

The Annihilation wave would include all ALL of Annihilus's allies in the saga..even those from the Negative Zone (i.e Centurions)
Annihilation Wave=
-Aegis
-Tenebrous
-The Galactus Gun
-Thanos
-Annihilus himself
-Fallen One
-Ravenous
Just to name a few....

I'd think the Wave would be enough

bigbran
It's only a hundred buddy. It says so in Annihilation #2. And the name Centurion actually suggests that anyway lol.

And it also says they are more powerful than the might of Marvel Earth's superheroes combined. I admit, I read the bio wrong.
Oh well, still add those guys in with the rest of the wave...

OneDumbG0
In case people were interested in the Centurions:

Madvillain
can't wait for the next issue.

Juntai
They are awesome beings and there are few to stand up to them. Spectre takes on two cosmics? Tenebrous and Aegis? You're pulling this from somewhere. Maybe high end Spectre, that aside no he wouldn't. What is that? Random assumption?

How about we play the feat game with T & A vs Spectre.

. . . Just to guage who's more powerful.

Zero Hour, issue 0, Spectre creates the Big Bang.

Your go.

Or is this a lopsided game?
angel

Galan777
They are awesome beings and there are few to stand up to them. Spectre takes on two cosmics? Tenebrous and Aegis? You're pulling this from somewhere. Maybe high end Spectre, that aside no he wouldn't. So now there are people that think 2 Galactus level beings are more powerful then Spectre; the wrath of God?

Board Walker
Spectre is not even needed, J Thunder takes the wave for ice cream...

Or DC Zeus or was it DC Odin? (The one who fought and easily defeated DC Surtur)

DC surtur fought DC earth heroes and 5th dimenional IMPs and was winning, until DC Zeus (or was it Odin?) showed up and easily defeated him.

DC Zeus>Surtur>5th dimensional IMPS>Galactus+Ten+Aeg+Anihilation wace

Galan777
Originally posted by Board Walker
Spectre is not even needed, J Thunder takes the wave for ice cream...

Or DC Zeus or was it DC Odin? (The one who fought and easily defeated DC Surtur)

DC surtur fought DC earth heroes and 5th dimenional IMPs and was winning, until DC Zeus (or was it Odin?) showed up and easily defeated him.

DC Zeus>Surtur>5th dimensional IMPS>Galactus+Ten+Aeg+Anihilation wace I agree that DC wins easily, but Zeus is not more powerful then 5th dimensional Imps....... He may be more powerful then a weaker Imp, but not more so then a powerful Imp like Mxy...

Board Walker
Originally posted by Galan777
I agree that DC wins easily, but Zeus is not more powerful then 5th dimensional Imps....... He may be more powerful then a weaker Imp, but not more so then a powerful Imp like Mxy...

Surtur was defeating Mxy though

Galan777
Surtur was defeating Mxy though I'm only going by feats....... and DC Zeus dosent have as great of feats as Mxy...

Juntai
Surtur was defeating Mxy though No, he was FIGHTING OFF the JSA and the Thunderbolt. Mxy was not involved.

And it was Odin that built another dimension to trap Surtur in.

Board Walker

illadelph12
I'd actually have to take the Annihilation Wave. The thread indicator specified that DC Earth didn't see it coming, so Annihilus could just fire a planet buster from orbit and take out the Earth and a vast majority of Earth's heroes before they could counter attack. After that it's just a one-sided numbers and firepower advantage for the Wave.

Board Walker
Originally posted by Juntai
No, he was FIGHTING OFF the JSA and the Thunderbolt. Mxy was not involved.

And it was Odin that built another dimension to trap Surtur in.

O thunderbolt, I thought it was Mxy, and I did say a couple post back "Was it Zeus or odin?).

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by Juntai
What is that? Random assumption?

How about we play the feat game with T & A vs Spectre.

. . . Just to guage who's more powerful.

Zero Hour, issue 0, Spectre creates the Big Bang.

Your go.

Or is this a lopsided game?
angel Yeah. Aegis and Tenebrous survived the Big Crunch and the Big Bang. Your point? Spectre destroys and recreates the universe? Guess who'd probably survive that, since that is central to their character, say it with me now: Galactus, Aegis and Tenebrous. You're so quick to throw out a Spectre feat that you fail to see how utterly pointless it would be when it comes to these beings. It's like Firelord vs Super Skrull. A Firelord fanboy squeals about how Firelord can generate star level temperatures, but forgets that Super Skrull can absorb infinite levels of heat.

. . . And let's not forget that Spectre, when allowed by God can do those feats, fullpower so to speak... ever wonder what Galactus is like at full power? He becomes equal to the representation of everything that is in the universe. The Alpha and Omega of existence.

Your go.

Game's not lopsided, it just looks like that when you're on the losing side.
smokin'
So now there are people that think 2 Galactus level beings are more powerful then Spectre; the wrath of God? God's wrath versus God's personification of cosmic balance? Beings who are equal to one of MU's Trinity (Eternity, Death and Galactus)? Yeah. Ok. Nice comparison there. And Spectre sucks against cosmic abstracts. He couldn't do crap to Parallax. He can't do anything about antimatter. He's all about magic. It's about time DC writers started recognizing that and bringing him back to his roots.

Either way, since you Spectre fans keep touting that Spectre is omniversal ub3rness, leave him out of this thread. It was explicitly about DC Earth vs Annihilation Wave. Not DC Universe vs Annihilation Wave. Although its not suprising, DC Earth usually resorts to throwing some powerful deity character at a problem to overcome their crises... 'Final Night,' 'Crisis on infinite Earths,' 'Zero Hour.' Yeah, DC Earth needs some extra help, this thread is too one-sided. I say make it DC Earth's heroes vs Annihilus and his Wave's forces w/o Aegis, Tenebrous or Galactus Gun. But as I posted before, the invasion is over by the 3rd wave when Annihilus himself comes a knocking with Thanos in tow.

qqqqqqq
would anti monitor win T and A?is darkseid included?

Galan777
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
God's wrath versus God's personification of cosmic balance? Beings who are equal to one of MU's Trinity (Eternity, Death and Galactus)?. God's own wrath is much different then universal balance...... How are you putting a Galactus level being against God's wrath? I take it you dont read much Spectre do you?

Yeah. Ok. Nice comparison there.. Not really

And Spectre sucks against cosmic abstracts. He couldn't do crap to Parallax..Really? I seem to remamber Spectre beating Parallax in Zero Hour roll eyes (sarcastic)

Juntai
Yeah. Aegis and Tenebrous survived the Big Crunch and the Big Bang. Your point? Spectre destroys and recreates the universe? Guess who'd probably survive that, since that is central to their character, say it with me now: Galactus, Aegis and Tenebrous. You're so quick to throw out a Spectre feat that you fail to see how utterly pointless it would be when it comes to these beings. It's like Firelord vs Super Skrull. A Firelord fanboy squeals about how Firelord can generate star level temperatures, but forgets that Super Skrull can absorb infinite levels of heat.

. . . And let's not forget that Spectre, when allowed by God can do those feats, fullpower so to speak... ever wonder what Galactus is like at full power? He becomes equal to the representation of everything that is in the universe. The Alpha and Omega of existence.

Your go.

smokin'
God's wrath versus God's personification of cosmic balance? Beings who are equal to one of MU's Trinity (Eternity, Death and Galactus)? Yeah. Ok. Nice comparison there. And Spectre sucks against cosmic abstracts. He couldn't do crap to Parallax. He can't do anything about antimatter. He's all about magic. It's about time DC writers started recognizing that and bringing him back to his roots.

Either way, since you Spectre fans keep touting that Spectre is omniversal ub3rness, leave him out of this thread. It was explicitly about DC Earth vs Annihilation Wave. Not DC Universe vs Annihilation Wave. Although its not suprising, DC Earth usually resorts to throwing some powerful deity character at a problem to overcome their crises... 'Final Night,' 'Crisis on infinite Earths,' 'Zero Hour.' Yeah, DC Earth needs some extra help, this thread is too one-sided. I say make it DC Earth's heroes vs Annihilus and his Wave's forces w/o Aegis, Tenebrous or Galactus Gun. But as I posted before, the invasion is over by the 3rd wave when Annihilus himself comes a knocking with Thanos in tow. Spectre Prime is a DC Earth character. Tied to a human soul, he's often seen wandering the Earth, and creates other versions of himself across the omniverse to exact vengence.

Spectre has problems with cosmics?
Ever read a Spectre comic, or just the crossovers?
A lot of what he deals with is abstracts, and he does just fine.

Galactus might have the purpose of doing those things, but thats not how he's portrayed, so it's irrelivent. He hasn't evolved to that level yet. Show me a comic in current continuity of 616 Galactus destroying or recreating a multiverse. Either way, Galactus isn't involved. Shit, this guy got beat by Invisible Woman.

Spectre can't defeat Parallax?
He drained away all his power and faded out of the fight. The heros wrapping it up didn't mean much. Hal started fistfighting people after blasting Spectre the final time. Spectre appeared a few panels later just fine and recreated the big bang.
Apperently you haven't read the History of the DCUniverse. Spectre is the one who defeated him according to it.
Also, according to Hal himself as he questioned the irony of him becoming The Spectre - the one who stopped him before. And even mentioned how with Spectre's infinite power, it would be so much easier to accomplish.
He also compared the power he wielded in life, as a flickering candle next to an exploding sun, compared to Spectre's power.
Not that an of that matters, G nor A nor T could stand up to Parallax either. Unless you got some proof to allow anyone to believe such.

Spectre as normally portrayed, doesn't need to be "ALLOWED BY GOD" or "FULL POWERED" to do anything. Spectre is the Logoz, it is a piece of God tied to a human soul.

Seriously, break out the feats, lets see how they stack up.
smile

Matter of fact, I'll make a thread just involving that particular fight, so this one doesn't get congested with it.

Juntai
Originally posted by qqqqqqq
would anti monitor win T and A?is darkseid included? Anti-Monitor isn't a current character.
Darkseid isn't an Earth character.

Devil Lance
Black Alice +Jakeem Thunder ftw

Galan777
Originally posted by Devil Lance
Black Alice +Jakeem Thunder ftw IMO, Jakeem Thunder and his Genie would be enough

Rewmac
T & A survived Big Bang...Good for them. Kyle Rayner held a Big Bang as Green Lantern. Anyway Spectre's only true enemy is God.
Or Lucifer or other big guys like them in DC. The cosmic beings of Marvel are screwed when they meet Spectre. By the way Annihilation people take this.

Devil Lance
IMO, Jakeem Thunder and his Genie would be enough

wink I don't know he may not be enough

especially if they can kill Jakeem then the Thunderbolt would be useless

Black Alice could probably do this by herself anyways

sexyking
Yeah. Aegis and Tenebrous survived the Big Crunch and the Big Bang. Your point? Spectre destroys and recreates the universe? Guess who'd probably survive that, since that is central to their character, say it with me now: Galactus, Aegis and Tenebrous. You're so quick to throw out a Spectre feat that you fail to see how utterly pointless it would be when it comes to these beings. It's like Firelord vs Super Skrull. A Firelord fanboy squeals about how Firelord can generate star level temperatures, but forgets that Super Skrull can absorb infinite levels of heat.

Your go.

smokin'
God's wrath versus God's personification of cosmic balance? Beings who are equal to one of MU's Trinity (Eternity, Death and Galactus)? Yeah. Ok. Nice comparison there. And Spectre sucks against cosmic abstracts. He couldn't do crap to Parallax. He can't do anything about antimatter. He's all about magic. It's about time DC writers started recognizing that and bringing him back to his roots.

Either way, since you Spectre fans keep touting that Spectre is omniversal ub3rness, leave him out of this thread. It was explicitly about DC Earth vs Annihilation Wave. Not DC Universe vs Annihilation Wave. Although its not suprising, DC Earth usually resorts to throwing some powerful deity character at a problem to overcome their crises... 'Final Night,' 'Crisis on infinite Earths,' 'Zero Hour.' Yeah, DC Earth needs some extra help, this thread is too one-sided. I say make it DC Earth's heroes vs Annihilus and his Wave's forces w/o Aegis, Tenebrous or Galactus Gun. But as I posted before, the invasion is over by the 3rd wave when Annihilus himself comes a knocking with Thanos in tow.

What a pile of shit seriously what the hell are you taking.

OneDumbG0
God's own wrath is much different then universal balance...... How are you putting a Galactus level being against God's wrath? I take it you dont read much Spectre do you?

Not really

Really? I seem to remamber Spectre beating Parallax in Zero Hour roll eyes (sarcastic) You stupid butt nuggets. I haven't called someone that since I was five years old. I say that now because it feels like I'm talking to five year olds now.

Spectre couldn't do crap to Parallax. Truth. Read 'Green Lantern: Rebirth,' you nimrods. I don't give a crap about Hallax from 'Zero Hour' (otherwise known as the sequel DC wishes they could forget). I'm talking about the cosmic personification of fear...

... the big yellow fugging thing that looked like an insect with ten jaws. Yes, you can apologize now for being stupid.

Spectre and the Wrath of God could not do anything, in fact his powers were being manipulated by Parallax, subverted. Hence, the analogy that Spectre seems essentially ineffective against cosmic beings that appear to be part of the cosmic consonance. Because Spectre is in fact, ineffective against things. Parallax being one of them, antimatter being another.

It also makes sense that Spectre only works against beings who do wrong. So in the cosmic scheme of life and God's plan, how can Galactus ever be judged? He is beyond morals and judgement, there is no wrong to be judged, no wrath to be assessed. Galactus is far more than a giant with a purple suit who eats worlds. Guess you don't read much Galactus do you?

Being the End and Beginning of all that is, isn't on par with the Wrath of God? Are you kidding me? What are you guys, so in love with wrath and being emo that you can't figure out what being the alpha and omega of existence, is in terms of God? He is the personifcation of the 'Cycle of God.' He is the Balance Bringer. 'Rebirth and Balance' vs 'Being Pissed Off.' Nuff said.

Aegis and Tenebrous, feared even by Galactus and as far as we've been told, his peers and equals. No contest when you amp them all to full power. What roles, Aegis and Tenebrous serve in the cosmic consonance will be interesting to discover.

Deathstroke
Even if spectre couldn't take out T & A couldn't he take out the rest of the Annihilation Wave pretty easily? I'm not sayin one side or the other wins. I'm just throwin that out there.

OneDumbG0
I'd probably agree with you Deathstroke. Given enough magic, Spectre could probably cut right through the Seekers, the Centurions, all of his space armadas and Thanos and Annihilus himself barring some plot device, like Power Cosmic hurts Spectre bad. The thing is, a possible caveat to that is, Annihilus is just taking back the expanse of space the normal universe expanded into and took over in his Negative Zone. That's what started the whole Annihilus Wave. So you could argue that Annihilus isn't 'evil' per say, he's just taking back the territory the normal universe destroyed. But that is streching it and reaching for some plot-device to prevent Spectre from entering the fray.

Which is the reason why, Spectre is probably best left out of the thread since the OP stated DC Earth vs Annihilation Wave and not DC Universe. To be fair, I think we can agree to leave out Aegis and Tenebrous since they're only in there as partners and not as Annihilus' minions. Just as Spectre wouldn't be DC Earth and under orders from the Justice Leaue, it's just as fair to say Aegis and Tenebrous are not a part of the Annihilation Wave. But for those who are interested in that matchup, check out this thread: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/t428332.html

Madvillain
ouch.

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by bigbran
How powerful is he exactly?

My opinion:
Baring Spectre, and waiting to see how powerful that guy is, the wave crushes them.

Comparing, just for something to do:
Even with prep, I don't see Marvel Earth doing anything to this wave.
Who are they going to place against this wave, on the frontlines?

Annihilation Wave:
1000 champions. (Centerions)
Millions of men, and doglike creatures.
1000's of ships.
Motherships, and other bigger ships.
Annihilus's ship.
Annihilus.
Ravenous.
Thanos.
Skreets.
Tenebrous.
Aegis.
Terrax.
Galactus gun.
Silver Surfer. (unknown his role)
More are left to be discovered.

^^^^
Now everyone of those things besides Aegis, and Tenebrous, and maybe the Centerions, have Thanos tech.

Barring PIS... JJ thunders genie can do anything. He's a 5th dimensional imp.

Add to that the fact that the current Ion resides on Earth along with a skyfather level shazam, phantom stranger, and a current Spectre.

Black Alice is a hell of a wildcard, and Superman's kryptonian tech is back to precrisis bad ass levels. That suncrystal alone is pwnage...especially when used correctly.

http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/6976/untitled4ir6.th.jpg

Add that DC earth has done some incredible sh*t like giving the whole world powers on a whim (against Mageddon) and that Lexcorp can create it's own Superpowered beings and I'd say that the tides are favorable for DC earth.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.