Storm vs. Polaris

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

psy_blade
Both current, most powerful versions.

Brian Oswald
Current or most powerful???

psy_blade
Most powerful.

batdude123
Polaris.

HandOfFate
Storm

Brian Oswald
Hmm. So that crazy elemental Storm vs Malice Polaris? I dont know about this one

Metalmanx
Polaris.

HandOfFate
Originally posted by Brian Oswald
Hmm. So that crazy elemental Storm vs Malice Polaris? I dont know about this one

I think it comes down to the fact that Storm has already defeated Polaris in combat.

Overpowering Polaris in Uncanny X-Men #97:

http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/7407/uxm97pg144de.th.jpg http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/9905/uxm97pg158dn.th.jpg

Now keep in mind both have grown in power over the years but I've seen a much greater display of power from Storm.

Hell, even Malice Polaris couldn't overpower Storm and they where fighting underground in the Morlock tunnels.(X-Men 240)

Brian Oswald
Well Polaris always has that blood pull wink

cartman23
STORM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tha C-Master
I'm going to have to say Polaris myself, sorry.

stormfront13
storm has already defeated polaris twice, whereas polaris has not edfeated storm. so storm-2, polaris-0

Tha C-Master
So why can't polaris beat storm?

psy_blade
Is Polaris' new magnetic power that was given to her by Apocalypse weaker than her original power?

juggernaut66666
Polaris FTW
She just stops Storm's blood.

Sub_Mariner
Originally posted by juggernaut66666
Polaris FTW
She just stops Storm's blood.

Brian Oswald
Originally posted by psy_blade
Is Polaris' new magnetic power that was given to her by Apocalypse weaker than her original power?
It is the same as it was before

Omega-level
Polaris is not much less powerful than Magneto, and now was trained by the Master of the Magnetism himself, so is much smarter and knows how to use her powers better. Polaris 08/10.

Validus
By KMC rules, Polaris is going to kill Storm quickly. Just the way it works.

cartman23
STORM!!!!!!!!!!!

ddsmrt
Storm is obvoulsy more powerful she can in current form and way more power in her best form(emotion consumed). Polaris is only second to magneto with the power of magnetokinesis because their are very few that have that power. But she is at equal levels with storm when it cmes to electromagnetic waves. Polaris would lose this fight because though she is powerful she isn't metion by marvel in the top mutants like storm or magneto. As a matter of fact Storm has been recently said that she is beyond the level of even magneto and sheild and the us government agrees with her so polaris would be no match. So storm 9/10

What If...
When did this happen?

batdude123
Polaris 10/10.

psy_blade
Are there scans of their 2nd fight?

cartman23
STORM WINS!!!!!!!!!!!!

stormfront13
Originally posted by What If...
When did this happen?

most recent Black Panther...storm is an omega level mutant. anyway, storm has almost defeated magneto twice on occasion. he has staterd himself that she could have defeated him if she wanted to but always holds back last minute for some reason.

Swanky-Tuna
Has she be stated as being Omega on panel?

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
Has she be stated as being Omega on panel?

IRRC the line Tony Stark used was "Possible Omega Mutant". Hudlin may be writing her but I don' think he was given the kind of power to actually confirm her as one and interfere with the X-Universe. Otherwise there would be no need for the possible.
Chamber was referred to as a Potential Omega Mutant. Vulcan was called an Omega PLUS. Writers just seem to surprise me at times...I mean you either are one or you're not there's no inbetween.

Here's the scan:
http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/7529/possibleomegamutantes9.jpg

Superherovandal
I wouldn't put too much credit into Hudlin's writing. He doesn't even know the characters he's writing. Storm always maintained control of her powers but when she goes to the White House she suddenly loses control. And Black Panther in his comics is invincible and the pinnacle of "blackness" and superior to white cronies of the US govt who don't even know who Emmitt Till is.

2damnloud
Yea Hudline needs to be ****in SHOT.

The Clor Storm fight would have NEVER gone like that with the real, deal storm.

Storm has NEVER been afraid of Thor, God or not, and would go head up with him ANYDAY. Why would she be cowering from LIGHTNING and needed ****in Sue STORM to step in and help her??

Why would she need to concentrate to do an EMP when she can do it with EASE???

I WANT MY GODDESS BACK!! sad sad

Superherovandal
Seriously i must say even though i usually disagree with you i must agree with you know 2damnloud. Clor doesn't even have real God powers so his control over weather should be really weak especially since he doesn't really have Mjolnir.

Swanky-Tuna
Was it Hudlin that had Storm shorting out a doombot's gauntlet?

Superherovandal
and beating Doom and making Doom a racist against blacks. Doom is beyond Storm.

phillipan
Originally posted by 2damnloud

Storm has NEVER been afraid of Thor, God or not, and would go head up with him ANYDAY. Why would she be cowering from LIGHTNING and needed ****in Sue STORM to step in and help her??

I would hope storm should be afraid of fighting the real thor.

Superherovandal
yeah i'm sure she'd know she'd lose horribly. it'd be like Xavier vs. Dark Phoenix

2damnloud
Nope, she's not.

In Age of Apocalyps( I think) she said she was going to "fry his fat cheeks" or something.

Storm doesn't give a shit about no THOR laughing

stormfront13
Originally posted by phillipan
I would hope storm should be afraid of fighting the real thor.

not really...while bi bagreeb he would stomp her, she has challenged him pshyically before

What If...
If Storm was truly an omega it would have been recognized LONG ago by the likes of Emma Frost, etc...

Seraphim XIII
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
So why can't polaris beat storm?

Who knows, but Storm has defeated Polaris twice in a row. This indicates Storm is more powerful.

2damnloud
Originally posted by What If...
If Storm was truly an omega it would have been recognized LONG ago by the likes of Emma Frost, etc...

So if Storm was written to be an Omega level mutant in the future, you would reject it because Emma Frost, who is a ALSO written by comic writers didn't "recognize it" A LOOOONG time ago??? confused

Gotcha roll eyes (sarcastic)

laughing laughing laughing

Trolt

Shes not a goddess. She's a Mutant with some weather manip. Why did invisible women step in ? Cuz she doesn't want Storm to end up like Bill.

It took storm/herc + some IW to take down Clor. I think that'll be a good indicator of where the real thor stands.

And lastly in Bp 25.. Bishop/nighthawk/Doc Samson are PUNCHING BAGS!!! Even in civil war 7

2damnloud
laughing

2damnloud
Hell, Storm OWNS ICEMAN, so Polaris should be a PIECE of CAKE!!! wink

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y192/valechan/ororovsbobby.jpg

eek!

Blair Wind
That was before bobby became indestructible erm

Swanky-Tuna
And Iceman's power over magnetism is a little weaker than Polaris'.

2damnloud
Oh well, In that case.

Storm shoots and beam of equitorial heat at Polaris nullifying her magnetic feild, then hit's her with Magneto forcefield-taxing, Hulk-toppling, Skyscraper-lifting, stronger than a 20 psi Nuke winds.

either the dibris or pressure kills Polaris.

Storm would win 8/10

Metalmanx
It's clear that you're just joking now, 2damnloud. No one could be as dumb and as close-minded as you and still be serious.

Wait a minute...no, I won't go there, nevermind.

Anyway. What people tend to forget is that Storm wears metal earrings. At the immediate start of the match, Polaris just manipulates them and uses them to decapitate Storm near-instantly. erm

One of the MANY ways Polaris will win.

Rutog98
Polaris loses. How do you know those earrings are metal? The could be plastic. wink

One lightning bolt and the fight is over.

2damnloud
^ I think I may have found out where Storm may have munipulated weather INSIDE of the body

I think is was Ultimate X-Men world Tour where she created a storm inside Iceman.

I dunno.

Maybe she can create a thunderstorm INSIDE Polaris' head.eek!

Anyway, Storm already beat Polaris twice soo....

I say Storm may just CURBSTOMP her.

Swanky-Tuna
Oh well, In that case.

Storm shoots and beam of equitorial heat at Polaris nullifying her magnetic feild, then hit's her with Magneto forcefield-taxing, Hulk-toppling, Skyscraper-lifting, stronger than a 20 psi Nuke winds.

either the dibris or pressure kills Polaris.

Storm would win 8/10
She's going to break Polaris' shield with a 105 degree heat beam then create a wind stronger than a a third of the pressure in a bike tire to finish the job?

Does heat destroy magnetic energy? I know it demagnetizes magnets because it destroys the alignment within the magnet.

Blair Wind
^ I think I may have found out where Storm may have munipulated weather INSIDE of the body

I think is was Ultimate X-Men world Tour where she created a storm inside Iceman.

I dunno.

Maybe she can create a thunderstorm INSIDE Polaris' head.eek!

Anyway, Storm already beat Polaris twice soo....

I say Storm may just CURBSTOMP her.

Ultimate doesnt count erm

2damnloud
laughing

There is no "magnetic energy".

Heat does destroy Magnetic feilds.

Storm could Ionize the air or something which would disrupt the magnetic feilds.confused

Storm can create winds probably quite a ways past class 100 strength as seen in Jovian pressure field and lifting the skyscrapper. Unlike a punch, wind works on every square inch of a target alond with fast moving dibris. Storm's winds can be psionically concetrated on a target, unlike the blast wave from a nuke for a LONG period of time.

Storm can basically pulverize Polaris' "shield" into nothingness. eek!

Metalmanx
All of this in "the blink of an eye", right? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Swanky-Tuna
There is no "magnetic energy".

Heat does destroy Magnetic feilds.
I had a hard time thinking of a word for it when it's concentrated to the point of acting as a solid object.

Really though, heat destroys magnetic fields? I can't find anything to support that.

2damnloud
Well, I think it's hard within the context of a superhero having magnetic powers.

I mean, how do they work??? Does she cause electrons to have a certain spin thus creating magnetism??

There are only like two ways from what I've read for magnetism to occur---moving electrons(electricity) creates magnetic fileds, and orbital spins of electrons or something.

The only rela way we can seem to observe magnetic phenomena is t see it as an attractive force on objects with the proper atomic alignment.

2damnloud
Storm has shown control over electrons. She can Ionize air.

She might can **** up Polaris' Magnetic fields by messing with electrons.

I'm assuming Polaris' powers work by Electron's spin or orbitals since, I'm assuming she's not a big ass magnet.

Soljer
Polaris curbstomps her.

2damnloud
Nope.

She kicked Polaris's ass TWICE.

I don;t see it happening wiht a more advanced storm with even MORE power as she has today.

C1nd3r
Man... the moment you guys mentioned Emma Frost i got the Storm on Emma, girl on girl, ebony on ivory picture in my head and popped an indestructable boner.

horrorwolf
Storm wins this due to experience, training.

(Storm also gets bonus points for whipping Polaris's a** 2 times before already.)

psy_blade
Didn't Storm had help the second time they fought?

psy_blade
Disregard their previous fights. They are not how they were back then anymore.

rma334
In Uncanny X-Men #476, she is referred to as one of the biggest threats of the current team by the opposing Shi'ar Imperial Shockers, cybernetic guards, that includes Rachel with the Phoenix Force, and Alex. In the "Emperor Vulcan" storyline it became obvious that her power level is significantly heightened, as she shields the Starjammer against the attacks of a whole fleet of starships and was shown to directly destroy at least one enemy battleship with a magnetic blast.After being released from Apocalyse's control, Emma Frost noted that Polaris' powers seem to be mutating, and that Apocalypse fused unknown technology to Lorna's nervous system to replicate her lost magnetic powers. Polaris helps in the big fight and seriously hurts Vulcan and Gladiator with her powers, but in the end she is one of the X-Men left behind. In the past she was never a warrior, she didn't want to fight, things have changed she would so kick Storms Butt, also in the last issue of Kingbreaker she holds back an Ocean.

Survivor19
Storm rips her heart out.
Beat this feat. )))

Wei Phoenix
Bump.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.