Dobby's Apparation

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Grathius
In the books Dobby seemingly apparates and dissaparates inside of hogwarts. Now due to hermione's constant crap, we know that you can't apparate in or out of hogwarts. So how ddoes Dobby do it? Is it "house-elf magic" or did J.K. just screw up?? huh opinions plz

The Phantom
Originally posted by Darth Grathius
In the books Dobby seemingly apparates and dissaparates inside of hogwarts. Now due to hermione's constant crap, we know that you can't apparate in or out of hogwarts. So how ddoes Dobby do it? Is it "house-elf magic" or did J.K. just screw up?? huh opinions plz Good question.

Barker
There's a difference between the two, or so I remember reading.

d-fly_girl008
d-fly has no clue whatsoever.

x_hp_fan
Originally posted by Barker
There's a difference between the two, or so I remember reading.

Yeah, it said that somewhere. That the house elfs needed to be able to do that so they could get around the castle to clean and things like that. I think hmm

Council#13
Maybe he turns into gas srug

melane
Originally posted by Council#13
Maybe he turns into gas srug
haha
Originally posted by x_hp_fan
Yeah, it said that somewhere. That the house elfs needed to be able to do that so they could get around the castle to clean and things like that. I think hmm
maybe,the house elf's can apparate and disapparate while wizards cant.

Demonic Phoenix
Maybe it's just that they are very powerfulerm. Lucius knew better than to dance the tango with Dobby when Dobby was protecting Harry at the end of COSyes.

The Phantom
Isn't you can't disappear and reappear in and out of Hogwarts? Does just staying inside count?

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by The Phantom
Isn't you can't disappear and reappear in and out of Hogwarts? Does just staying inside count?

Nah, I think it's you can't apparate AT ALL once you are on the grounds. That's why Dumbledore had to remove the spell in the Great Hall when that DDD apparition instructor was giving apparition lessons.

allofyousuckkk
the charms dumbly used arent for house elves as well, because they need to clean

(cant remember the book it was said in)

RoguePw25
It's my understanding that you can't apparate at all, in or out. So this is a very good question. Is house elf magic different from wizardy magic and if so, how? Maybe house elves are powerful, but can't use the power because they have to be obidient to their master

Diamonds
I'm sure somone asked JK this, and she said it was different to wizards' way of apparating and disapparating.
I think she messed up and just made that up, personally erm

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by Diamonds
I'm sure somone asked JK this, and she said it was different to wizards' way of apparating and disapparating.
I think she messed up and just made that up, personally erm
That or the house-elves just move faster than lightno expression.

Prolly. Oh well, JK.R isn't God, she's bound to make mistakes now isn't sheerm.

willRules
......... Now due to hermione's constant crap.........

laughing

Demonic Phoenix
......... Now due to hermione's constant crap...........

Originally posted by willRules
laughing

You do know that her 'constant crap' has saved their lives on many occasions don't youermm

div
maybe...its that house elves use such a minimum amount of magic that it doesnt present a threat

CherryWings
I think JK is GOD and hence didnt screw up.. it must be that the house elves have to run around the castle at night collecting everyones clothes n tidyin things, so Dumbledore didnt apply the restrictions to them! And seriously, what bad things could an elf do on the grounds?

Except ummm maybe break our hero's arm n stuff.... but thats a naughty elf n doesnt count. He was taking advantage!

ninja

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by CherryWings
I think JK is GOD and hence didnt screw up..

tohslaugh

Except ummm maybe break our hero's arm n stuff.... but thats a naughty elf n doesnt count. He was taking advantage!
ninja

hystericalno expression

Destiny_Desire
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
tohslaugh

hystericalno expression

Sunlight_shines
I think JK is GOD and hence didnt screw up.. it must be that the house elves have to run around the castle at night collecting everyones clothes n tidyin things, so Dumbledore didnt apply the restrictions to them! And seriously, what bad things could an elf do on the grounds?

ninja
lol

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.