Thing vs. Doc Ock

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SpunkySmurph
New York rumble, in an abandoned city, the Thing takes on Doctor Octopus.

Regular fight, no PIS

This may have been done... but I'm too lazy to look

Who wins?

Apolloknight
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
New York rumble, in an abandoned city, the Thing takes on Doctor Octopus.

Regular fight, no PIS

This may have been done... but I'm too lazy to look

Who wins?

Decent fight, what arms does Doc get?

NiņoAraņa
Originally posted by Apolloknight
Decent fight, what arms does Doc get? um, all of them? eek!

sorry, just wanted to be an ass for a bit....laughing

Apolloknight

NiņoAraņa
Glad i could help you out with that. hey, when did you join the Corps? i don't think i ever had the chance to talk to you?

SpunkySmurph
Decent fight, what arms does Doc get?

Damn! I missed that

Match 1- Titanium Arms
Match 2- Adamantium Arms

snoopdogg
Thunderclap should do Ock in.

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by snoopdogg
Thunderclap should do Ock in.

Is he fast enough to Thunderclap before an arm grabs his hand?

snoopdogg
Is he fast enough to Thunderclap before an arm grabs his hand? I think a Thunderclap has greater range than Ocks arms do.

Apolloknight
Originally posted by snoopdogg
I think a Thunderclap has greater range than Ocks arms do.

Depends on how far they start apart.

Apolloknight

NiņoAraņa
Awhile back, when it was just a few members. ah, i didn't notice your sig until i double checked the thread.....

back on topic: Match one:thing
2: Doc Ock

SpunkySmurph
Depends on how far they start apart.

As I said, they start facing eachother at opposite ends of the roof of the Daily Bugle building. Which, I believe, is far enough for Doc's arms to reach

Apolloknight
As I said, they start facing eachother at opposite ends of the roof of the Daily Bugle building. Which, I believe, is far enough for Doc's arms to reach

If doc can get one of his tendrils to grab, hit, slash thing first, thing should lose, Wolverine had no trouble cutting bens rocky hide, doc, whos arms hit with a few tons of force also should have no problem either.

SpunkySmurph
If doc can get one of his tendrils to grab, hit, slash thing first, thing should lose, Wolverine had no trouble cutting bens rocky hide, doc, whos arms hit with a few tons of force also should have no problem either.

Perhaps in the second match when he has adamantium arms.
But titanium ones erm ?

Apolloknight
Perhaps in the second match when he has adamantium arms.
But titanium ones erm ?

No just adamantium.

SpunkySmurph
No just adamantium.

How would match one go then?

Metalmanx
Thing, 10/10.

geshien
lol, sorry i just had an image of ben doing a thunder clap and flying away himself. laughing

kinda like a dude holding a bomb in front of himself.

Dinalfos
Well, a thunderclap should indeed do it. But he would have to get fairly close, which might be dangerous. Still, I see Thing winning this, say, 6-7/10

Accel
Doc Ock has shields now, so thunderclaps are iffy.

PRAYERRUN
when did THAT happen???? I'm just wondering how thing would get a haymaker in through all those arms lol.

Apolloknight
Originally posted by PRAYERRUN
when did THAT happen???? I'm just wondering how thing would get a haymaker in through all those arms lol.

There is a scan of him blocking bullets with a telepathic shield, so yeah, he does have one, no idea how strong it is however.

golem370
Ocks arms lift only between 3 to 9 tons which is nothing compared to Thing

Soljer
Originally posted by Accel
Doc Ock has shields now, so thunderclaps are iffy.

Quoted for Truth.

His shields will likely ignore the sonic vibrations. Doc Ock also has a reach and speed advantage on ben, even if he lacks the strength advantage.

Though, I'm not sure how well Titanium would pierce ben erm.

Ock DEFINITELY wins the adamantium match for a good majority.

He probably loses the Titanium one.

juggernaut66666
Originally posted by golem370
I'm sure that they would have a lifting cotest.

golem370
I am say that ocks arms are no real threat to Thing

Dinalfos
Lifting or not, they are made out of solid titanium/adamantium. They pack some serious punch, especially in combination with their swiftness.

juggernaut66666
I am say that ocks arms are no real threat to Thing
With enough speed he maybe able to impale Grimm

golem370
You do know that Thing took a speeding punch from Gladiator a fall from the top floor of the Baxter Building and bus being slammed on top of him and got up after a few minutes.

juggernaut66666
You do know that Thing took a speeding punch from Gladiator a fall from the top floor of the Baxter Building and bus being slammed on top of him and got up after a few minutes.
What does that have to do with imapaling him?

SpunkySmurph

They each lift 8 now, I believe

golem370
That it should take more then Ock has to impale Thing.. If he could do it then Gladiator's punch should have impaled him to.

golem370
But he can only do lift that much by bracing himself with the another arm.

Apolloknight

No while bracing himself he can lift 20+ tons.

That it should take more then Ock has to impale Thing.. If he could do it then Gladiator's punch should have impaled him to.

Umm, wolverines adamantium claws cut part of bens face off, wolverine presses what 800-1100lbs.

And your going to say a razor sharp adamantium tendril capable of lifting 8 tons moving at 90ft a second isnt going to be able too? Not to mention 3 more will be right behind it. erm

Badabing
Ben clobbers.

Priest
Originally posted by Badabing
Ben clobbers.
Ben jobbers

golem370
Well Wolverine is a a riddle inside a mystery wrapped in an enigma

complexbrother
quote: (post)

No while bracing himself he can lift 20+ tons.

no he can't . Doc Ock has no superhuman strength, it's all in the arms which must be braced for Doc to lift somthing heavy.

Ben will Tie Doc's arms up in a bow and be done with him.

Grimm22
Originally posted by Metalmanx
Thing, 10/10.

Co-Signed wink

Honestly unless Doc Ock has adamantium blades on his tentacles now, he isnt going to be able to kill Ben, none the less KO him no expression

Grimm22
Originally posted by Priest
Ben jobbers

Honestly show me one point in which Ben has jobbered anyone? no expression

Heck Ben is in the group of one of the most jobbered characters in the MU

However the most jobbered still goes to Wonderman

Metalmanx
Originally posted by Grimm22
Co-Signed wink

Honestly unless Doc Ock has adamantium blades on his tentacles now, he isnt going to be able to kill Ben, none the less KO him no expression

Wait a sec. Do Ock's adamantium tentacles have blades on them now?

Cuz that definitely changes things.

SpunkySmurph

I don't think so...

Anyways,
I think Golem made a comparison of Doc's arms to Gladiators fist. But thats just dumb. Gladiators fist, the bus, and the other feats of durability you listed were all feats of durability against blunt forces. Gladiators fist is like a brick wall. Wolverine's is like a set of adamantium knives. BIG difference. The difference between blunt force and piercing force. And Doc's arms have shown alot of piercing damage capabilities in the past

Unless youre trying to suggest Gladiator couldnt cut Ben with adamantium claws What the f**k?

Brutacus
I don't think so...

Anyways,
I think Golem made a comparison of Doc's arms to Gladiators fist. But thats just dumb. Gladiators fist, the bus, and the other feats of durability you listed were all feats of durability against blunt forces. Gladiators fist is like a brick wall. Wolverine's is like a set of adamantium knives. BIG difference. The difference between blunt force and piercing force. And Doc's arms have shown alot of piercing damage capabilities in the past

Unless youre trying to suggest Gladiator couldnt cut Ben with adamantium claws What the f**k?

So let's say both doc and gladiator hit a wall, you're saying doc will go thru the wall with much less effort than gladiator???

Gladiators fist is not like a brick wall, ok maybe it's not a knife or a spear, but he can put much more force behind a punch than doc can.

The force behind a weapon is also very important.

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by Brutacus
So let's say both doc and gladiator hit a wall, you're saying doc will go thru the wall with much less effort than gladiator???

Gladiators fist is not like a brick wall, ok maybe it's not a knife or a spear, but he can put much more force behind a punch than doc can.

The force behind a weapon is also very important.

I'm not saying any of that. Of course Gladiator has TONS of force behind his punch. But, when one has durability and a hide like Thing, it is how the force is applied that makes all the difference.

lando005
good fight ben should take the slight majority

Grimm22

No, i'm saying IF they did no expression

guy222
ben

DTM
Doc beat Professor Hulk when he had Adamantium arms, though that was more when Bruce wasnt expecting it, later in the series when he was, he beat Doc Ock easily. Now I know Bens not Bruce, but hes probably beat either version of Ock in the end as well.

Hulkbuster1
The thing by sheer cosmic force. its clobbering time smile

Tony Stark
Ben beats either carnation with relative ease.

SamZED
Ock's tentacles were powerful enough to immobilize Iron Man, just saying.

Although, maybe that armour wasn't working 100%...

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Tony Stark
Ben beats either carnation with relative ease. f7Sl2Z7I1fI&feature=related

Mshinu
Ben ties Ocky in a knot if it is titanium arms.

Adamantium arms and Ock will be punching holes in Ben `till he looks like seasoned swiss cheese.

guy222
ock wraps ben in a stark like embrace for the win laughing out loud

Tony Stark
How has Doc done durability wise relative to CL100 haymakers to the nose, chin, spleen, ribs and temple in the past...?

Answer: Not well.

Ben would grab a missiles tentacle sent his way and pull him in for the thrashing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.