So the chess piece DID shake!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Madvillain
In the last scene where Magneto is playing solitary chess (for some odd reason), he attempts to move a metal chess piece. And I remember glancing away momentarily and not registering the piece moving at all. Then I went on the imdb, and there was this big debate about whether it moved or not.

I had to wait to get the DVD, and I was surprised to see the chess piece move. So is he just slightly depowered, does he lose his powers completely, or is that just some residual power left over. It opens the door for a whole new Story Arc. Love how Marvel leaves us with suggestions of sequels....And the sheer monetary yield of the franchise means they can even make several more.

I hope X4 is even bigger this time, and I hope they can cater to Marvel fans. Bring on Bishop, Gambit, Archangel (incorporate him into the storyline), Cable and Emma Frost. Either the Hellfire Club or Apocalypse should be the villains. X-Men: Apocalypse Now. Has a nice sound to it...

Comments?

cain marko
Originally posted by Madvillain
In the last scene where Magneto is playing solitary chess (for some odd reason), he attempts to move a metal chess piece. And I remember glancing away momentarily and not registering the piece moving at all. Then I went on the imdb, and there was this big debate about whether it moved or not.

I had to wait to get the DVD, and I was surprised to see the chess piece move. So is he just slightly depowered, does he lose his powers completely, or is that just some residual power left over. It opens the door for a whole new Story Arc. Love how Marvel leaves us with suggestions of sequels....And the sheer monetary yield of the franchise means they can even make several more.

I hope X4 is even bigger this time, and I hope they can cater to Marvel fans. Bring on Bishop, Gambit, Archangel (incorporate him into the storyline), Cable and Emma Frost. Either the Hellfire Club or Apocalypse should be the villains. X-Men: Apocalypse Now. Has a nice sound to it...

Comments?

tbh i don't agree with what you say. i mean i agree with the chess piece. but the latter half of your post i do not. only because x3 was so full and action packed that a 4th movie i think should be toned down. if they are going to do apocs i doubt the will do it in one movie. the may over a trilogy suggest it then bring it on. also because of the reality of the films i cant see there being a timetravel storyline. maybe if they tone down the technology or use the time traveling as a mutants powers. i'm not sure. as for all those characters the movies already consist of a lot of mutants that still need to be explored. i revert back to the idea of another triology. if this is to be then fans favourites may be introduced throughout like in the previous trilogy. i think the same tone needs to be kept. i think hardcore fans ruin movies. they need to understand that movies can't be comics. they would look really lame to audiences if there was a huge firebird et cetera et cetera.

if that made any sense

bl4cK_Dr46oN_17
Originally posted by cain marko
tbh i don't agree with what you say. i mean i agree with the chess piece. but the latter half of your post i do not. only because x3 was so full and action packed that a 4th movie i think should be toned down. if they are going to do apocs i doubt the will do it in one movie. the may over a trilogy suggest it then bring it on. also because of the reality of the films i cant see there being a timetravel storyline. maybe if they tone down the technology or use the time traveling as a mutants powers. i'm not sure. as for all those characters the movies already consist of a lot of mutants that still need to be explored. i revert back to the idea of another triology. if this is to be then fans favourites may be introduced throughout like in the previous trilogy. i think the same tone needs to be kept. i think hardcore fans ruin movies. they need to understand that movies can't be comics. they would look really lame to audiences if there was a huge firebird et cetera et cetera.

if that made any sense

yep, agreed. alot of people (especially hardcore fans) don't understand the complete chaos that would occur if we we're to throw in all of the mutants at once. *nods* everyone just wants there own favorite x-person in the films...

cain marko
cool comeone who agrees

peejayd
* even without the "chess scenario", i believe Magneto's powers would come back... way back in Uncanny X-men #300, Fabian Cortez believed he had killed Magneto, and so as Moira MacTaggert... but Magneto came back... he was also reduced into a vegetable after a skirmish with Xavier and Magneto still came back... IMO, Magneto is a very powerful alpha-level mutant who also have universal gravity at his disposal, so he may be depowered for some time but he will once again return...

* X-men movies are good but it would be better if they stick to the comicbook storyline... wink

Lyna303
Originally posted by peejayd
* even without the "chess scenario", i believe Magneto's powers would come back... way back in Uncanny X-men #300, Fabian Cortez believed he had killed Magneto, and so as Moira MacTaggert... but Magneto came back... he was also reduced into a vegetable after a skirmish with Xavier and Magneto still came back... IMO, Magneto is a very powerful alpha-level mutant who also have universal gravity at his disposal, so he may be depowered for some time but he will once again return...

* X-men movies are good but it would be better if they stick to the comicbook storyline... wink that would be cool, but it would be really hard to fit all that into a movie...

cain marko

* X-men movies are good but it would be better if they stick to the comicbook storyline... wink

no2

peejayd
* and why is that? Xavier and Cyclops should not have died in that storyline comicbook-wise... wink

cain marko
so?! the latter isn't dead and they need more room for more characters!

Jury
Originally posted by Madvillain

Comments?

The Cure was chemically taken from Jimmy Leech's and his power does not eternally negate others' powers. Bottomline: The Cure has temporary effect. At least, for me. wink

* and why is that? Xavier and Cyclops should not have died in that storyline comicbook-wise... wink

Xavier transmitted his consciousness to somewhere else... and Cyclops was not proven dead. He's just missing.

gambit12 mon ami

Jury
And I believe this should have been discussed in this thread:

X-Men: The Last Stand Discussion Thread

gambit12 mon ami

cain marko
Originally posted by Jury
And I believe this should have been discussed in this thread:

X-Men: The Last Stand Discussion Thread

gambit12 mon ami

have you actually noticed no one ever cares what we say. I'm always findin threads that shouldn't be. cba telling the athour of this one

stickman618
click on the link below my sig

i wrote it myself

thorncrawler
the trilogy could be a good idea and they could do it like the matrix where the game ties in to the story but tells it from an other angle like trying to descover the origins of apoc or something like that or maybe you play apoc trying to get all powerful!

cain marko
and Cyclops was not proven dead. He's just missing.

gambit12 mon ami

I'm afraid you're wrong. In an interview Jimmy said that when he read that cyclops met his demise he was slightly disappointed but he had enjoyed working on the movies. The writers added. So many people die and come back in the comics that anything could happen (hitting he might make a return. Doubtful though.)

Jury
Yes, basically, he died. But it was not a movie fact. It's one of the possibilities. However, people behind the movie only say what they wanted to say for the sake of upcoming surprises. So, I don't really believe them. stick out tongue

gambit12 mon ami

cain marko
Yes, basically, he died. But it was not a movie fact. It's one of the possibilities. However, people behind the movie only say what they wanted to say for the sake of upcoming surprises. So, I don't really believe them. stick out tongue

gambit12 mon ami

lol i love your faith brother. i want him back he was my fav. movies ruined him. he was i think the only thing, oh wait and rogue, that the movies ruined sad

Vim
I think Prof X could have found Cyclops with little trouble and he said in the movie "Cyclops is gone." Meaning dead, not missing, why would Prof X say he's gone, but mean it as missing and not dead...

cain marko
Ok lets not derail the thread. So the chess piece................

Jury
Originally posted by Vim
I think Prof X could have found Cyclops with little trouble and he said in the movie "Cyclops is gone." Meaning dead, not missing, why would Prof X say he's gone, but mean it as missing and not dead...
Because that's what he learned from Phoenix's "creative" memory... Not Jean's. He can't be so right when he said that. There's a room for possiblity that he was wrong.

gambit12 mon ami

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.