Wishing that the Superman vs Hulk battle would have been better...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

PRAYERRUN
I think they should have made the superman vs hulk battle a lot more epic than it was. I'm not saying that supes wouldn't have won, just that it would have been a longer, more grueling fight than the Marvel vs DC series made it seem. anybody here agree?

MattDay
they've had three fights in total, 2 were good one was fan voted and sucked

Galvaclaw
Not really Hulk and Superman should never be matched up. Having the fight end any way other than an early ringout without Superman having been touched is jobbing Superman's part. Hulk should be like a statue from Superman's view point.

They should just have Superman fight Sentry. It's what everyone wants.

Validus
Agree with Galvaclaw. Superman/Hulk isn't that good of a match up IMO.

JediMasterLuke5
The fight was not a good match up. Its too one sided. Its like Muhammad Ali Vs Pee Wee Herman. Supe's is way out his league.

((The_Anomaly))
Originally posted by JediMasterLuke5
The fight was not a good match up. Its too one sided. Its like Muhammad Ali Vs Pee Wee Herman. Supe's is way out his league.

huh What are you talking about? Supes would @ssr rape Hulk. Superman is way too versatile for Hulk to deal with. Plus Supes could match Hulk in strength for a good while, but Supes wouldn't need a while, only about a minute or two before he puts Hulk down.

The fight would end with Superman throwing Hulk into the Sun at lightspeed.

Superdude23
If (and there is a good chance he won't) Superman fights effecively he will win.

If he tries to slug it out, he'll wish he was back fighting Doomsday.

Mindship
Superman and Hulk were always considered the "logical" match-up because, in the olden days, if you asked someone who was the strongest DC hero, they'd say Superman, and if you asked who was the strongest Marvel hero, it was Hulk.

Superman vs Thor is the real logical match because they both have strength+. IMO, Sentry is not appropriate because 1) he's not time-honored: he hasn't been around long enough real-time, he's not well-known; and 2) he's too similar to Supes, anyway.

PRAYERRUN
Superman wouldn't go to throwing Hulk into the sun unless he absolutely had too. and by that i mean the absolute last resort. So therefore, I think that it would be an epic battle IF done right. I do believe it to be a great matchup because Hulk is the monster nobody can stop, and superman is the monster killer.

Galvaclaw
Why? Superman could write a novel in his head in the time it takes for Hulk to punch him. What's to stop Superman dodging each punch? Doomsday has vast superspeed remember?

Mr Parker
Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))
huh What are you talking about? Supes would @ssr rape Hulk. Superman is way too versatile for Hulk to deal with. Plus Supes could match Hulk in strength for a good while, but Supes wouldn't need a while, only about a minute or two before he puts Hulk down.

The fight would end with Superman throwing Hulk into the Sun at lightspeed.

exactly.

MattDay
yup doomsday vs hulk would be the death of hulk... sooooo dont compare the two... superman wins everytime, well he has soo far in the brief comic appearances in cross overs so far

Darkchoco
Superman would totally woop the Hulk, All the hulk is is a giant guy with muscels!! WERE ALL GOING TO DIE!!! Supes has the strength to match the hulk, and the speed for him not to be hit. It would be a match of Supes picking on the hulk the whole time and the hulk ending up crying cause he cant hit Supes.

MattDay
well in in comic logic, superman has been shown to fight at near light speed reflex, punching, moving and so on, so if he just went straight in like that how the hell is hulk going to even percieve superman moving, he'd be punched a 1000 times before he could go garh! Superman all the way

GoBotsLive
Originally posted by Galvaclaw
Why? Superman could write a novel in his head in the time it takes for Hulk to punch him. What's to stop Superman dodging each punch? Doomsday has vast superspeed remember?

Agreed. Comparing Hulk to Doomsday is silly. DD was a blur and Superman had to really try just to keep up. A real battle between Hulk and Superman would end very much like the fan-voted crossover. All it would take is one clean shot from Superman, which he can do at will because of his super speed, and it's good night for Hulk.

Hulk is strong, don't get me wrong, but it would take a long time before he reaches a state stronger than Superman. By then, he'd be sleeping.

jasofisc
Originally posted by GoBotsLive
Agreed. Comparing Hulk to Doomsday is silly. DD was a blur and Superman had to really try just to keep up. A real battle between Hulk and Superman would end very much like the fan-voted crossover. All it would take is one clean shot from Superman, which he can do at will because of his super speed, and it's good night for Hulk.

Hulk is strong, don't get me wrong, but it would take a long time before he reaches a state stronger than Superman. By then, he'd be sleeping.

oh forr the love I hope your not talking about death of superman fight (if your not then disregard what the rest of this statement as being pertaining to you. they were going the speed of sound tops and a no time was DD a blur for anybody. Lois and other normal humans were able to get film footage and follow the fight with there eyes. DOS superman or Doomsday would meet there match in the hulk of that time. That's why most people think it would be a good fight between supes and hulk. While hulk has gotten less powerfull over the years superman has grown in leaps and bounds in the power department. I would say that current supes (before losing his power) is about 100 times more powerfull in nearly every area. I totally thought DD would be a great match for the hulk considering most of the stuff he did was like the Hulk in DOS. current DD would curb stomp current Hulk but DOS DD and Hulk would be a great fight same goes for DOS supes and classic hulk.

Slowhand
I can think of no scenario where the Hulk could beat Superman. Hulk is strong and desrves his props, no doubt, but he's really not very different from Dr. Banner. Superman is an alien with god-like powers who would never let the Hulk hit him. Hulk can yell and get as angry as he wants, but Superman would still mop the floor with him.
I know pople would like to think that Superman wouldn't kill Hulk unless he had to. Make no mistake, if it came down do it, Superman would fly through Hulk's abdomen and rip off his head.

GoBotsLive
Originally posted by jasofisc
oh forr the love I hope your not talking about death of superman fight (if your not then disregard what the rest of this statement as being pertaining to you. they were going the speed of sound tops and a no time was DD a blur for anybody. Lois and other normal humans were able to get film footage and follow the fight with there eyes. DOS superman or Doomsday would meet there match in the hulk of that time. That's why most people think it would be a good fight between supes and hulk. While hulk has gotten less powerfull over the years superman has grown in leaps and bounds in the power department. I would say that current supes (before losing his power) is about 100 times more powerfull in nearly every area. I totally thought DD would be a great match for the hulk considering most of the stuff he did was like the Hulk in DOS. current DD would curb stomp current Hulk but DOS DD and Hulk would be a great fight same goes for DOS supes and classic hulk.

Actually, I was... Read all the comics again. There are instances where it is noted that Doomsday/Superman is a blur or moving too fast. Yes, there were times when they didn't move super fast, but then again, if they were all the time - the panels would be blank.

Originally posted by Slowhand
I can think of no scenario where the Hulk could beat Superman. Hulk is strong and desrves his props, no doubt, but he's really not very different from Dr. Banner. Superman is an alien with god-like powers who would never let the Hulk hit him. Hulk can yell and get as angry as he wants, but Superman would still mop the floor with him.
I know pople would like to think that Superman wouldn't kill Hulk unless he had to. Make no mistake, if it came down do it, Superman would fly through Hulk's abdomen and rip off his head.

Agree. If Superman ever felt that the Hulk presented a threat to mankind like Zod, he would kill him.

jasofisc
Actually, I was... Read all the comics again. There are instances where it is noted that Doomsday/Superman is a blur or moving too fast. Yes, there were times when they didn't move super fast, but then again, if they were all the time - the panels would be blank.

Agree. If Superman ever felt that the Hulk presented a threat to mankind like Zod, he would kill him.

when did it say he was a blur. I'm going to read it again but I don't think it's there. Furthermore the entire time dd was going all out and several people who were just normal humans and a video camera could see everything that was going on. superfast wasn't all that fast in those days of DC comics. My point is still vaild that DOS superman and classic hulk would be an good fight that hulk "could" win.

jasofisc

i do remember the moving every fast thing but really it's not like it was anything compared to how fast he moves now or how fast supes is now.

ragesRemorse
superman is to fast...to god damn fast actually. Considering Superman could take the battle to space, he would have an unlimited source for energy absorption from the sun.

superman blew out a star. Name one feat that Hulk has that comes close to comparing to that.

Superlative

emporerpants
wow. so your arguement is this: "hulk wins because i want him to!" by the way, the animated things aren't cannon, so they don't count. comic superman is many times more powerful than any animated version. sorry, it doesn't matter how much you don't like it, but hulk loses to superman, and badly.

jasofisc
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
superman is to fast...to god damn fast actually. Considering Superman could take the battle to space, he would have an unlimited source for energy absorption from the sun.

superman blew out a star. Name one feat that Hulk has that comes close to comparing to that.

when did sups blow out a star???? is that a pre crisis feat???? sonds like something from super dickery

jasofisc
Originally posted by emporerpants
wow. so your arguement is this: "hulk wins because i want him to!" by the way, the animated things aren't cannon, so they don't count. comic superman is many times more powerful than any animated version. sorry, it doesn't matter how much you don't like it, but hulk loses to superman, and badly.

cartoon superman/doomsday and superman from dos are fairly even, I can't think of one feat of superman from the bryen area that trumps the doomsday killing feat in the cartoon. that being said your right about catoons aren't cannon and the rest maybe but you have to give this newb creidit it's not like he went into the comic thread (or when there was still one) the hulk thread he went into the superman thread to say this. That takes stones

emporerpants
well, i suppose i should have said "current comic superman" cuz thats what i meant. but yeah, cartoon supes seems to be right around bryen area. as said before though, i meant current supes.

xJLxKing
Movie Version of Superman>>>Any cartoon, or movie version of Hulk
Comic Version of Superman>>>>>Comic Hulk

roughrider
Originally posted by Vally Doosh
Agree with Galvaclaw. Superman/Hulk isn't that good of a match up IMO. Depends on your perspective. Some argue Hulk's ability to get stronger & increase his endurance over time, equalizes things against opponents who have advantages of flight, speed and energy projection to go along with strength & endurance; like Superman or Thor. Stan Lee seems to think so.
Superman could stay & the air and heat vision him for a long time, but he's probably thinks that's cruel, and so tries for a fast knockout instead, which plays to Hulk's strengths.
Then again, it's been argued Doomsday was a analogue stand-in for the Hulk at DC, and look how much success he had beating down Superman, with similar powers.

jasofisc
Originally posted by emporerpants
well, i suppose i should have said "current comic superman" cuz thats what i meant. but yeah, cartoon supes seems to be right around bryen area. as said before though, i meant current supes.

yeah current supes is way way way beyond his early post crisis years your right.

roughrider

Redwolf
No contest...Superman wins against Hulk. Hulk fans seem to think Hulk has unlimited strength, that he'll continue to get stronger forever. There is no such thing as infinite anger. It's just that Hulk hasn't shown his anger limit. Since Hulk's power level is directly tied to his emotional state ie anger he has a limit.

I go by the comic feats. Compare the best modern Hulk feats against current Superman's feats and you'll see Superman will be the victor.

Superman...

-Able to move at 99% the speed of light
-Brain function and reaction time match that speed
-Super intelligence
-Super strength capable of moving planets, holding black holes. In the Infinite Crisis tie in issue Supes atomized a planet and shattered the boundries of space/time with the shockwaves of his blows when he was fighting Kal-L.
-Invunerability, survived the Maggedon warhead (capable of destroying half a galaxay). Survived a 700 light year blast while power depleted.
-Heat vision which is so hot it can't be measured, and we know the core temp of our sun is 45 million degrees
-Flash freeze opponents with freeze breath.
-If he needs more power he simply takes a sun bath.

What is Hulk going to do against a guy like that? While Hulk is cool, and he's hand some impressive feats he is simply not in the same league as Superman. Even Hulk's strength isn't on par with Supes.

Bicnarok
Originally posted by Superlative
HULK would win.

laughing laughing

wake up!!

kingdibble
you go on about current superman but what about current Hulk hes not as dumb as he once was if you read planet hulk. also your not gonna kill hulk by putting him in space or throwing him into the sun in fact being in the sun would make them both stronger since nuking hulk just makes him stronger. and those who say Thor vs superman would be better are insane, Thor would smash superman into tiny pieces especially if he has the odinforce.

pea55
yeah Hulk wins this!!!!! He was able to match speeds with quicksilver within seconds.... Not only does Hulks strength increase do to anger but everything wlse does also including speed and rage.... Yes his rage increases witch gives him the ability to become angrier with no limit.

pea55
Originally posted by Galvaclaw
Not really Hulk and Superman should never be matched up. Having the fight end any way other than an early ringout without Superman having been touched is jobbing Superman's part. Hulk should be like a statue from Superman's view point.

They should just have Superman fight Sentry. It's what everyone wants. Hulks speed increases just as fast as anything else does.... The Hulks base strength is at 100 tons and it didnt take him long before he was strong enough to lift 150 billion tons. Hulk is pretty fast...in fact fast enough to hit superman like he did in previous comics and was also fast enough to match quicksilvers speed. so using speed against hulk is not a good argument.... come again?

pea55
Originally posted by Superdude23
If (and there is a good chance he won't) Superman fights effecively he will win.

If he tries to slug it out, he'll wish he was back fighting Doomsday. In fact in one of their fights supes grabbed Hulk and tried to lock him down and the Hulk broke out of supes hold knocking supes into space. and while supes was up there he said to himself... WOW! Hes not only big but hes fast! And Strong! Stronger than anyone ive ever gone up against!!!! Sorry folks but Hulk is more powerful than Doomsday! Superman said it himself!

pea55

Hulk is strong, don't get me wrong, but it would take a long time before he reaches a state stronger than Superman. By then, he'd be sleeping. your right about one thing and thats hulk fighting doomsday would be silly cause its alredy known that Hulk is stronger than doomsday. as i stated before it came straight from supes mouth!

pea55
Originally posted by Slowhand
I know pople would like to think that Superman wouldn't kill Hulk unless he had to. Make no mistake, if it came down do it, Superman would fly through Hulk's abdomen and rip off his head. The Hulk has probably the quickest healing factor than anyone in the Marvel Universe, including Wolverine. Wounds that would be deadly to most other heroes takes just a short time for the Hulk to recover. During a battle with Vector, he repelled all of the skin off of the Hulk leaving just exposed flesh and muscle. It took the Hulk minutes to regain the mass and be completely healed. During a battle with Speedfreek, he cut the Hulk's stomach open with adamantium blades. The Hulk had to hold his stomach to prevent his insides from spilling out. Within minutes the wound had healed, but unfortunately the skin had healed around part of the Hulk's fingers. He had to rip his fingers out of his stomach and allow it to heal again. It should be noted that during the transformation from Bruce Banner to one of the various incarnations of the Hulk and back, he gains and loses large amounts of mass. The source of this mass is unknown. Hulk cant die and never has unlike superman who was killed by doomsday.

pea55
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx

superman blew out a star. Name one feat that Hulk has that comes close to comparing to that. how about destroying shooting stars that were 2 times the size of planet earth with one punch.... come again?

pea55
Originally posted by roughrider
You forget that on at least four occasions, Thor has killed Hulk outright.
(1)An issue of What If? (Snapped his neck in space; no hammer)
(2)Marvel Mangaverse (hammer through the head)
(3)Blown apart by Godforce blast (MC2 universe)
(4)Impaled on a rock during The Reigning storyline
( in which King Thor killed him & the Thing simultaneously - without the hammer, the Odinforce & using just one arm. evil face )

The kind of editorial protection you say DC uses for Superman, goes for the Hulk too when it's against Thor. Only in What If? and stories that get retconned - Thor changes his past so The Reigning never happened - do things go beyond stalemate with Hulk vs. Thor. Being that the Hulk can regenerate to full form from a single molecule makes all that thor killing hulk bull illogical. just bad writing!!!! like batman beating Hulk is just bull crap!

Beta-than-u
In context of the two meeting unprepared, looking at past reasons for fights, you could say Hulk would be on a traditional rampage (let's forget The Hulk with the mind of Bruce Banner for now as it would take a lot to convince him to fight Superman in the first place) and therefore Superman would take the role of protector. Most of Hulks fights with other Marvel Heroes come from this context.

So, Superman is not only trying to beat the Hulk, but he is trying to incapacitate him whilst protecting near-by innocents. This gives Hulk an advantage his he is not distracted with this.

As for his strength, Hulk fought with Thor (minus his hammer) and walked away with a draw, this isn't just strength, this is durability, how he can take a punch as well as give one out. Thor is easily Superman's match in strength, without his hammer. Thor is only a God in the eyes and myths of humans. Asgardians (ignoring the Norse mythology) in the Marvel Universe are a race of immortals, essentially super-aliens just as Superman is defined. With Thor not holding back he defeated the Silver Surfer in Blood and Thunder and has held up whole sky-scrapper buildings (one with Mongoose and Quicksand), so I'm not saying Thor is stronger, but their is evidence to suggest they are close, and therefore Hulk to is similar in strength.

Now, I don't think much of Superman's ranged attacks, feel free to correct me, but I think to cause damage Superman has to go toe-to-toe with Hulk. He'll need his super speed to combine containing Hulk and keeping near-by innocents safe. Yes, he'll have some speed left over, but he'll be busy.

I think eventually Superman would win, but against Thor, I can't see it. When Thor doesn't hold back, he killed Loki (kind of), defeated Silver Surfer (would have killed him if not for interjection) and defeated Celestials (planet destroyers). With his hammer he surpasses Superman's power level, and Superman would never set out to kill Thor, which would be his undoing.

Yes, this has turned into Thor vs Superman, but that messageboard was closed, so I have high-jacked this debate instead.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.