House Elf's Magic or Wizard's Magic?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

trolly_crouchjr
Which is Stronger?

Council#13
I dunno. It could be said that House Elf magic is stronger, seeing as Dobby tossed aside Lucius Malfoy. However, Lucius probably didn't see that coming. I'd say a wizard, but that might be because I'm biased stick out tongue

melane
Wizard's Magic

dont know why,though.

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by trolly_crouchjr
Which is Stronger?

Depends. Most elves are stronger than wizards *cough*Lucius*cough*.........but in the case of wizards like Voldemort and Dumbledore(may he R.I.Pstick out tongue), I'd say elves would be spanked if they dueled with wizards like those two........Of course Dumbledore would never do such a thing(now he can't)

The Phantom
We really can't tell for the fact that we never actually seen them do anything against a wizard in a book.

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by The Phantom
We really can't tell for the fact that we never actually seen them do anything against a wizard in a book.

Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
*cough*Lucius*cough*

The Phantom
I don't remember Dobby attacking Lucius in the book.

Demonic Phoenix
I don't remember Dobby attacking Lucius in the book.

Read the end of the second bookno expression.......and I wouldn't call it attacking, more like defense for Harry.

The Phantom
Read the end of the second bookno expression.......and I wouldn't call it attacking, more like defense for Harry. I don't have the books near me for a while. Quote please.

The Phantom
Edit: This double posted on its own. Not my fault.

Demonic Phoenix

The Phantom

Demonic Phoenix
Need quote from book please.

Can't help you then I'm afraid.

melane
Need quote from book please.
why do you need the quote?!

The Phantom
Because I would like this to be clarified?

melane
Because I would like this to be clarified?
do you have the book.

The Phantom
Originally posted by melane
do you have the book. Originally posted by The Phantom
Edit: This double posted on its own. Not my fault.

melane

that doesnt make any sense.

The Phantom
that doesnt make any sense. I clicked the wrong quote.Originally posted by The Phantom
I don't have the books near me for a while. Quote please.

ashleen
i dont have it either,or the movie.

Do you have the movie?or mel .do you?

Council#13
Lucius Malfoy stood frozen, staring at the elf. Then he lunged at Harry.
"You've lost me my servant, boy!"
But Dobby shhouted, "You shall not harm Harry Potter!"
There was a loud bang, and mr. Malfoy was thrown backwards. He crashed down the stairs, three at a time, landing in a crumpled heap on the landing before. He got up, his face livid and raised his wand, but Dobby raised a long threatening finger.
"You shall go now," he said fiercely, pointing down at Mr. Malfoy. "You shall not touch Harry Potter. You shall go now."
Lucius Malfoy had no choice. With a last, incensed stare at the pair of them, he swung his cloak around him and hurried out of sight.

Anyway, magic seems to come to house-elfs more easily. They might work in their advantage in a fight against a wizard.

melane
Originally posted by Council#13
There was a loud bang, and mr. Malfoy was thrown backwards. He crashed down the stairs, three at a time, landing in a crumpled heap on the landing before. He got up, his face livid and raised his wand, but Dobby raised a long threatening finger.
"You shall go now," he said fiercely, pointing down at Mr. Malfoy. "You shall not touch Harry Potter. You shall go now."
Lucius Malfoy had no choice. With a last, incensed stare at the pair of them, he swung his cloak around him and hurried out of sight.

Anyway, magic seems to come to house-elfs more easily. They might work in their advantage in a fight against a wizard.
are you happy now,phantom.

The Phantom
are you happy now,phantom. Why do you make it seem like I'm being an ass. I'm simply just asking for a quote.Originally posted by Council#13

Anyway, magic seems to come to house-elfs more easily. They might work in their advantage in a fight against a wizard. Thanks for the quote. I remember that now.

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by Council#13

Thanks Councilbig grin

Why do you make it seem like I'm being an ass. I'm simply just asking for a quote.

Thanks for the quote. I remember that now.

Because you wereconfused?

Goodstick out tongue

Nickey
Hey everyone?
So what's going on?
Somebody fill mke in, please?

The Phantom
Thanks Councilbig grin

Because you wereconfused?

Goodstick out tongue I wasn't. I simply started off asking for a quote like most people do. Then Menelene or however you spell her name (Still use to calling her Nehee... ok, I spelt that wrong too
) get into a fit about me asking for it.Originally posted by Nickey
Hey everyone?
So what's going on?
Somebody fill mke in, please? ... Read the last couple of pages?

Sunlight_shines
I wasn't. I simply started off asking for a quote like most people do. Then Menelene or however you spell her name (Still use to calling her Nehee... ok, I spelt that wrong too
) get into a fit about me asking for it. ... Read the last couple of pages?
Um...her name was in her post.and her old name was in her profile.its spelled melane and nehaa.and not like those.

Destiny_Desire
I wasn't. I simply started off asking for a quote like most people do. Then Menelene or however you spell her name (Still use to calling her Nehee... ok, I spelt that wrong too
) get into a fit about me asking for it. ... Read the last couple of pages?

Lol... nehee. Nice.

Rikudo sennin
House Elf's.

Wizards ain't shit without their wands. They would never be able to do the things house elf's do without a wand.

That's why they are so scared to have goblins learn the art of wand making.

Surtur
I realize this is an old topic, but meh I'm bored. I don't know which magic is stronger. For instance house elves were able to teleport into Hogwarts despite anti apparition spells being placed on the school. This could mean a house elf can get into Hogwarts because it's magic is just that much more powerful..or it could be merely because their magic is slightly different. It prevents apparition, but who knows if elves even use that method in order to teleport?

Likewise, Dobby attacking Lucius doesn't really prove much in terms of how powerful house elves are. Lucius was focused on Harry and he surely didn't ever expect Dobby to go so far as to attack him.

Now with all that said I might of favored house elf magic, mostly because they don't need a wand and thus can do magic much quicker then someone wielding a wand can. You could do magic with the snap of a finger.

However I still choose Wizard Magic. The reason is simple: Wizard Magic has been shown to be FAR more versatile then house elf magic. I realize this is because the books focused on wizards and thus it didn't delve much into the magic house elves could do..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.