Pantera

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Swe_Bum
Someone still Listening to them?

I still think they are awesome And Dimebag is one of my biggest idols (R.I.P)

BornToRule
from time to time i listen to them im not a fan tho but i like the older albums that dont sound like s**t!

nick1811
Originally posted by BornToRule
from time to time i listen to them im not a fan tho but i like the older albums that dont sound like s**t!

none of their albums sound like shit

loserib
yes i listen to them all the time my band even does a pretty bad ass Domination cover.

The Core
Originally posted by nick1811
none of their albums sound like shit

I actually owned "Metal Magic". Trust me. It was garbage, and as popular as "Cowboys From Hell" was, it's overrated, IMO. I don't like it as much because of the operatic vocals, and poor production value.

That said, "Suicide Note Pt. 2" is one of the heaviest songs ever written, IMO.

Alpha Centauri
I can never really decide on my favourite album by them, simply because the three major ones (Cowboys, Driven and Vulgar) all had a handful of great songs and few that let the album down.

Cowboys had...Cowboys and Cemetary Gates, Driven had I'm Broken and 5 Minutes Alone, Vulgar had Mouth for War and Walk. I think it usually comes down toe Vulgar Display of Power for me. Just because I think the opening riffs to Mouth for War are amazing, as is the solo.

-AC

nick1811
Originally posted by The Core
I actually owned "Metal Magic". Trust me. It was garbage.

Ok, no Phil Anslemo Pantera album is shit stick out tongue

Impediment
Originally posted by nick1811
Ok, no Phil Anslemo Pantera album is shit stick out tongue

Metal Magic was shit.

Cowboys from Hell is a great album, and came under scrutiny by some because of the spectacularly similar sound to the band Exhorder. When Vulgar Display of Power was released in 1992, it had a much more raw and visceral sound to it, and sounded nothing like Exhorder. I listen to Pantera almost everyday still, seiing as how they were one of the bands that got me in to the music I so love today. My favorites are Slaughtered, Use my 3rd Arm, Attack the Radical, Primal Concrete Sledge, Suicide Note 1 and 2, and the ever clasic Walk.

BornToRule
i guess pantera is that kinda band... that you either love or hate.

nick1811
Originally posted by BornToRule
i guess pantera is that kinda band... that you either love or hate.

well, seeing as you said you listen to them from time to time, that statement doesnt really hold

Swe_Bum
well i really like the albums where Phill is the vocalist, the previus isn't that heavy erm

My favorite songs is: Cawboys From Hell, Cat Sctatch Fever, Cementary Gates, Walk, Hellbound, Yesturday Don't Mean Shit and I'm Broken

big grin

SelphieT
Cowboys from Hell, Cemetary Gates, Walk, and This Love are my favs smile

reggie_jax
wack band

testosterone driven bullshit

thumb up

nick1811
Walk, Floods and A New Level are my personal faves

demongene
I have all there cd's,and there last one is one of my favs,reinventing the steel kicks ass.

The Core
I dislike Pantera's last album with a passion, namely because it hardly resembles the band they once were. Kind of like metal morphine.

tabby999
Reinventing the Steel was the first Pantera album i got and dispite it not standing beside FBD, VDOP or CFH, it was a pretty good introduction to the band. Its not the best album but i'd put that on over lots of other music around atm.

Swe_Bum
I think the First Two ("New" pantera) are best

blind faith
Originally posted by Swe_Bum
I think the First Two ("New" pantera) are best You mean CFH and Vulgar Display Of Power? Yeah those along with Far Beyond Driven are the best, it's too bad Vinnie and Phil probably won't become friends ever again.

Although I don't think Phil would fit as a vocalist considering his voice is no longer what it used to be, at least not for Pantera would his current voice work.

Swe_Bum
Originally posted by Antediluvian89
You mean CFH and Vulgar Display Of Power? Yeah those along with Far Beyond Driven are the best, it's too bad Vinnie and Phil probably won't become friends ever again.

Although I don't think Phil would fit as a vocalist considering his voice is no longer what it used to be, at least not for Pantera would his current voice work. Yeah they have the most awesome songs.. imo big grin but Far Beyond Driven and Reinventing Steel have good songs too smile

Pantera was the frikin' metal gods! Without them metal wouldn't be the same as it is today, they took metal to a new level FTW.

G U I T A R
Pantera is the sh!t, this band is awesome

eyeless302
my dad was gonna start a band called santera....a pantera cover band....in santa costumes

Eccentric
I like Cemetary Gates. ^_^

Micheal_Myers
My favorite album is Cowboys From Hell.But I definately love all their stuff.

Swe_Bum
Yeah They are God's gift to Metal stick out tongue

vanice
Originally posted by Eccentric
I like Cemetary Gates. ^_^

yeah me to. but that's about it for me...

2D_MASTER
I'm totally not trying to be a dick. But I've seen this picture on the net of Pantera back in like the late 70's early 80's. It was a picture of them all fawking Glam-Rocked out. They were wearing like shiny leotards and had teased hair. Did they really used to be some fawking Glam-Rock band before they played metal? Or is this fake?

Alpha Centauri
Yes, the did.

-AC

Ytse
Originally posted by 2D_MASTER
Did they really used to be some fawking Glam-Rock band before they played metal? Or is this fake?

I didn't know that. But I'm not surprised since Dimebag and Vinnie were big Kiss fans.

Swe_Bum
Originally posted by 2D_MASTER
I'm totally not trying to be a dick. But I've seen this picture on the net of Pantera back in like the late 70's early 80's. It was a picture of them all fawking Glam-Rocked out. They were wearing like shiny leotards and had teased hair. Did they really used to be some fawking Glam-Rock band before they played metal? Or is this fake? Yes its true.. it was in the 90's the "new" Pantera was Formed. I really don't like their old Glam things erm

Kelly_Bean
One of the greatest bands ever.

R.I.P Dimebag, you will live on with us forever!

I'm listening to Hollow right now.

If you are a Dimebag fan, check this myspace page out.
Ride For Dimebag:
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=69179606

BruceSkywalker
I love some of their music. They rock

justdecent
Can't forget old school Anselmo vocals

Otus

XvampbenjiiX666
RIP Dimebag Darrel "the guitar god"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.