Terry & Ryu Vs Kyo & Iori

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Emperor Ashtar
Fight takes place in nest statelite.

2D_MASTER
I think Terry and Ryu win. They have more experience between them. PLus Terry and Ryu do not hate each other like Kyo and Iori do, so I think they'd work better as a team

brainchild81
Kyo & Iori still have more experience as a team. Kyo beats Terry and then helps Iori beat Ryu.

P-Geyser
Well lets see Terry works well in a team seeing how he has particapated with his younger brother and his good friend. Ryu as well when teaming with his good friend who is like a brother to him. So I say Terry will beat Kyo and Ryu will whallop Iori.

brainchild81
They've never been a team though. Iori & Kyo have. They win regardless of the matchups. Iori could fight Terry and end it quicker than Kyo could. Then they team up on Ryu before he beats up Kyo

P-Geyser
Uh...no. It's not as if Kyo and Iori team up on a daily basis...there job was to team together to seal Orochi and that's it. I think Terry and Ryu would be the better team beacuse they would respect one another off the bat. No way in hell is Iori ending it quicker with fighting Terry(Overration to the max)

Probably it would be Kyo going first then Iori getting creamed by Terry and Ryu.

brainchild81
Nah it's really not overration @ all. Care to explain? Iori'd beat Terry a good deal faster than Kyo would. Iori & Kyo don't seem to hate each other anymore, but even if they do, they've always been able to put beef aside when they have to. Their beef would not be a factor in this fight. They don't team up every day, but they've teamed up 100000000 times more than Terry & Ryu would have.

P-Geyser
Just stating on the overration seeing as hearing how Iori can beat Terry quick...which he wouldnt. Actually it is Iori hating Kyo while Kyo just see's him more as a pest. Kyo and Iori made that team as I stated beacuse it was there destiny to seal the Orochi along with Chizuru. I dont think Iori would want to just team with Kyo for the sake of it.

Terry and Ryu would make a great team because I think Ryu would see Terry kind of like Ken and as I said they would respect each other.

Teamed up 1000000 more?....care to explain that one.

brainchild81
Terry & Ryu have never teamed up. Iori & Kyo have. 0 * 1000000 is still 0. Thus Iori & Kyo have infinite times more experience as a team than Terry/Ryu. Didn't say Iori'd beat Terry quick. Said he'd beat him quicker than Kyo could. If Terry & Ryu start fighting them, they're smart enough to put differences aside. They'd better, because if they lose. Iori's gonna kill Kyo this time.

Remulous
Ryu and Terry takes this with out a doubt. They are both much stronger and more experienced. Ryu will thrash Iori or Kyo before either one has a chance to help each other and Terry will do the exact same thing.

brainchild81
Terry has a very slight chance against Kyo. Terry just ain't getting it done against Iori. More experienced, yes. More powerful? Hell to the no!!smile Can he find a way? smile Doubt it. Terry ain't beating Iori in nothing but a popularity contest(here). Maybe basketball too. Ryu can probably take everybody here in a fair one. Kyo'd give him a fight and Iori'd give him a really really rough time, possibly pulling off a W every once in a while. Terry'd most likely lose to everyone here in a fair one.

Remulous
Even if I do change my mind and say Terry would be defeated which he wont, the points still add up in Terry and Ryus favor my friend. Terry would just slightly loose to either one and Ryu could defeat either fighter while Kyo or Iori would definetly beat only Terry. I really think Kyo would loose to Terry and so will Iori.

brainchild81
That may have alot to do w/how much you like Terry though. No offense. Once the get him outta there, they just do all kinda tag team moves on Ryu

Remulous
Originally posted by brainchild81
That may have alot to do w/how much you like Terry though. No offense. Once the get him outta there, they just do all kinda tag team moves on Ryu But they wont get Terry outta there. Terry wont loose.

brainchild81
Sure he will. He'll plump when they cook 'im.laughing

Remulous
Sure he will. He'll plump when they cook 'im.laughing laughing

P-Geyser
I agree with Remolous. Terry has more than a chance of kicking Kyo's a$$ as well as Iori's. Ryu can beat those two as well. It sounds to me Terry is being underrated as I have stated before embarrasment

P-Geyser
Terry has a very slight chance against Kyo. Terry just ain't getting it done against Iori. More experienced, yes. More powerful? Hell to the no!!smile Can he find a way? smile Doubt it. Terry ain't beating Iori in nothing but a popularity contest(here). Maybe basketball too. Ryu can probably take everybody here in a fair one. Kyo'd give him a fight and Iori'd give him a really really rough time, possibly pulling off a W every once in a while. Terry'd most likely lose to everyone here in a fair one.

Wow that overration of Iori is to the f**king max

P-Geyser
Originally posted by P-Geyser
Wow that overration of Iori is to the f**king max

and underration of Terry to the f**king max

brainchild81
Nah. No need to underrate him. He just can't beat certain people IMO. 3 of the 5 nonbosses he won't beat on just happen to be in this fight.Originally posted by P-Geyser
Wow that overration of Iori is to the f**king max How? Him beating Terry makes him overrated?

P-Geyser
Nah. No need to underrate him. He just can't beat certain people IMO. 3 of the 5 nonbosses he won't beat on just happen to be in this fight. How? Him beating Terry makes him overrated?

Yah..The same way Kyo and Iori can't beat certain people IMO.

"How? Him beating Terry makes him overrated?"

I did not say that now did I? you think Iori will beat Terry and I think Terry will beat Iori but that comment you made was mind boggling.

"Iori. More experienced, yes. More powerful? Hell to the no!! Can he find a way? Doubt it. Terry ain't beating Iori in nothing but a popularity contest(here). Maybe basketball too. Ryu can probably take everybody here in a fair one."

P-Geyser
The we have comments like this

"Sure he will. He'll plump when they cook 'im."

brainchild81
That was meant to be funny. It's like the hotdog slogan, but since it involves Terry losing, you didn't see the humor in it sadOriginally posted by P-Geyser
Yah..The same way Kyo and Iori can't beat certain people IMO.

"How? Him beating Terry makes him overrated?"

I did not say that now did I? you think Iori will beat Terry and I think Terry will beat Iori but that comment you made was mind boggling.

"Iori. More experienced, yes. More powerful? Hell to the no!! Can he find a way? Doubt it. Terry ain't beating Iori in nothing but a popularity contest(here). Maybe basketball too. Ryu can probably take everybody here in a fair one." What? I've read somewhere that Terry's real good @ Basketball. There are certain people Iori and Kyo can't beat. For Iori though, there aren't any that come from the KOF non-boss cast.

P-Geyser
That was meant to be funny. It's like the hotdog slogan, but since it involves Terry losing, you didn't see the humor in it sad What? I've read somewhere that Terry's real good @ Basketball. There are certain people Iori and Kyo can't beat. For Iori though, there aren't any that come from the KOF non-boss cast.

Yeah Terry is good at basketball though I was refering to you stating how Terry only defeating Iori is by popularity and basketball.

"There are certain people Iori and Kyo can't beat. For Iori though, there aren't any that come from the KOF non-boss cast."

Thats just an assumption right there. In other words you are saying Iori can tool the whole KOF cast that are non bossess...that is not true. Anyways back on topic.

brainchild81
Yeah Terry is good at basketball though I was refering to you stating how Terry only defeating Iori is by popularity and basketball.Yep. That's my opinion.

Thats just an assumption right there. In other words you are saying Iori can tool the whole KOF cast that are non bossess...that is not true. It's not? You can disprove it?

P-Geyser
Alot of the characters besides Terry have a good shot of beating Iori.

Terry,Ryo(Even though you hate him)Yamazaki,Geese,Yashiro(Iori would most likley win)Takuma as Mr Karate have more than a good shot of beating Iori.

brainchild81
Geese is a boss(The coolest one ever). Iori'd likely still beat him if Terry did. Slight possibility though. I've heard he drunk Goenitz blood cause he wanted Orochi power. Terry. Nah. Ryo. Hell Nah! Dude is on a team w/"the strongest style". They always lose. He ain't nowhere near top tier nowadays. Rock would murder him. Only person Ryo can beat up is his own popsmile Which brings me to Mr. Karate. Only version he'd have trouble w/is serious & he ain't cannon. Terry & Rock would beat up the whole Mexico team. Yamazaki has a bit of a chance, but I don't see him pulling it off. Same w/Yashiro

P-Geyser
Geese is a boss but not in "KOF" you stated in KOF the characters that are non bossess.

Yah Terry can. You seriously underrate Ryo to the point of ridiculousness. I see Yamazaki getting the job done more than Yashiro.

Remulous
Yeah, Iori is badass I don't see many nonboss characters from KOF beating him but Terry can. Terry has been training since he was a kid and he is much older than Iori which means more training and more battles. Bty, is Iori older than Kyo and if so, by how much?

brainchild81
Originally posted by Remulous
Yeah, Iori is badass I don't see many nonboss characters from KOF beating him but Terry can. Terry has been training since he was a kid and he is much older than Iori which means more training and more battles. Bty, is Iori older than Kyo and if so, by how much? If experience was the end all be all of a fight, the younger Terry shouldn't have ever beaten Geese. Hell everybody on Terry's team has more combined experience than Kyo's team. Why didn't they mop the floor w/them? Wasn't Billy more experienced than Iori? You know Billy, the cool triple staff fighter that was nearly beaten to death by Iori? You know how Iori does & thinks. Terry's experience & rep ain't gonna mean s**t to Iori. I'm not sure about Iori & Kyo's age. I'll look for it

Geese is a boss but not in "KOF" you stated in KOF the characters that are non bossess.

Yah Terry can. You seriously underrate Ryo to the point of ridiculousness. I see Yamazaki getting the job done more than Yashiro. Nah. Ryo's a b**ch & SNK is finally admitting it. They had Mignon school him & the books & dispite his experienced team he ain't done s**t in KOF in like forever. I'm glad he sucks 'cause I hate him. It would piss me off if a character I didn't like was really powerful. Kinda like the situation w/you & Iori. Terry'd beat Iori if he did something sneaky like Ash did, but Terry's too good for that dishonorable s**t. If things go as they should Terry can be proud 'cause Rock will be the one whoopin' everybody's ass in the future.

olympian
Bleh, Kyo for a long time didnt even had he skills to back it up, its was mostly the power of the flames.

Since i follow the original continuity of the franchise (the "KOF" game is after all a reunion of "dream matches" of the franchise) Terry and Ryo are for me above both Iori and Kyo.

I do agree that Rock will someday be pushed as the main guy, like Kyo was for some years, altho i dont see it for the long haul.

Nah. Ryo's a b**ch & SNK is finally admitting it. They had Mignon school him & the books & dispite his experienced team he ain't done s**t in KOF in like forever. I'm glad he sucks 'cause I hate him. It would piss me off if a character I didn't like was really powerful. Kinda like the situation w/you & Iori. Terry'd beat Iori if he did something sneaky like Ash did, but Terry's too good for that dishonorable s**t. If things go as they should Terry can be proud 'cause Rock will be the one whoopin' everybody's ass in the future.

If anything SNK is making him a solid "icon" of the franchise. Like Terry and a few others he never missed a game and its more with each game being redefined as its own character.

As for he never did anything, thats kind of a shallow attack for the character thats regarded as the first KOF champ after defeating Mr Karate and Gueese. You can hate but you shouldnt disregard what a character has accomplished. Obviously theyr team doesnt come on top since in the dream match game (KOF) Kyo`s team was the only one for some years (and then K`s team) to have a pivotal place in those storylines.

As for the books, and SVC in particular everyone loses and win. He schooled Ryu for example. And Terry was badly beaten straigth in the first volumes agaisnt more than one oponent.

For what they accomplished, theyr in the top for me.

olympian
"I'm glad he sucks 'cause I hate him. It would piss me off if a character I didn't like was really powerful"

So i can say, that kyo is a bum because hes nothing to me, altho he has accomplished stuff?

Remulous
If experience was the end all be all of a fight, the younger Terry shouldn't have ever beaten Geese. Hell everybody on Terry's team has more combined experience than Kyo's team. Why didn't they mop the floor w/them? Wasn't Billy more experienced than Iori? You know Billy, the cool triple staff fighter that was nearly beaten to death by Iori? You know how Iori does & thinks. Terry's experience & rep ain't gonna mean s**t to Iori. I'm not sure about Iori & Kyo's age. I'll look for it

Experience at all in a battle but Terry is already skilled and even more so than Iori plus he has experience as well. That boosts him even higher as a fighter, giving TB the edge.

2D_MASTER
That may have alot to do w/how much you like Terry though. No offense. Once the get him outta there, they just do all kinda tag team moves on Ryu

What you say has A LOT to do with how much you like iori. Your signature says it all.

brainchild81
laughing Nah man. It doesn't. Can't help it if the dude's tough. Iori was kicking @$$ back when I had the taskmaster sig & he'd still be tough whether I had him in my sig or not. That's kind of a cheap shot though. I do a damn good job of not playing favorites. Otherwise Geese'd be beating the s**t of Akuma. That can of worms shouldn't be opened. I could start calling people biased because of sigs & avvys, but I'm not. Doesn't prove anything. laughing I expect better from you man. Try harder.Originally posted by olympian
Bleh, Kyo for a long time didnt even had he skills to back it up, its was mostly the power of the flames. False. He's always been described as a "natural". One so skilled @ fighting, that he doesn't need as much experience & training as others might. If he was just a bum w/flames he'd get his ass kicked.

Originally posted by olympian
Since i follow the original continuity of the franchise (the "KOF" game is after all a reunion of "dream matches" of the franchise) Terry and Ryo are for me above both Iori and Kyo.Stuck in the 90s then? Things change whether you like said changes or not. smile Iori would be arrested for war crimes after killing Ryo

I do agree that Rock will someday be pushed as the main guy, like Kyo was for some years, altho i dont see it for the long haul.Yeah. Dude needs more screentime. He's the future.

If anything SNK is making him a solid "icon" of the franchise. Like Terry and a few others he never missed a game and its more with each game being redefined as its own character.Never missed one but hasn't done anything of even the slightest importance in over a decade. Wasn't even in the KOF: Another Day movie and got schooled by newcomer Mignon Bert in the comics. Can you say hasbeen boys & girls? "RYO!" I knew that you could. He's in every game so they always have someone to beat on laughing

As for he never did anything, thats kind of a shallow attack for the character thats regarded as the first KOF champ after defeating Mr Karate and Gueese. You can hate but you shouldnt disregard what a character has accomplished.laughing When I said Originally posted by brainchild81
They had Mignon school him & the books & dispite his experienced team he ain't done s**t in KOF in like forever. I was implying how long (over a decade) it's been since he did something.
As for the books, and SVC in particular everyone loses and win. He schooled Ryu for example. And Terry was badly beaten straigth in the first volumes agaisnt more than one oponent.In what issue does Ryo beat Ryu? You got the whole series? And again, when has Ryo beaten Geese(might explain why Geese is so underrated)? Is that canon?Originally posted by Remulous
Experience at all in a battle but Terry is already skilled and even more so than Iori plus he has experience as well. That boosts him even higher as a fighter, giving TB the edge. More experience does not equal more skill though. I've seen nothing @ all that makes him more skilled than Iori. They're both skillful

Remulous
More experience does not equal more skill though. I've seen nothing @ all that makes him more skilled than Iori. They're both skillful The same can be said for Iori, so where does Iori have TB beat exactly?

shin_remy
Ryu and Terry will beat Kyo and Iori

more expierence and better as team. Ryu and Terry respect each other, and Ryu sees Terry as the same as Ken. and Iori and Kyo hate each other

brainchild81
More of a heated rivalry now. I'm quite sure Terry & Ryu'd respect each other. Still, Kyo & Iori have known each other for a long time now and have teamed up in the past. Terry & Ryu haven't. Iori & Kyo will put beef aside & kick @ss once again. First Terry, then they team up on Ryu.Originally posted by Remulous
The same can be said for Iori, so where does Iori have TB beat exactly? Power. & I looked up Iori & Kyo's age for you since you asked. One site says 28 for both, but Iori's a bit older than KyoOriginally posted by olympian
As for the books, and SVC in particular everyone loses and win. He schooled Ryu for example. And Terry was badly beaten straigth in the first volumes agaisnt more than one oponent.
Who beat Terry up badly?

P-Geyser
Terry and Ryu are not losing this one. If anything Mr Kusanagi goes first then Iori. Terry and Ryu would be a more respectable team and even though Kyo and Iori have worked before, that was there destiny...it would not be there destinty to fight Terry and Ryu.

As well it never states anywhere that Iori is more powerful than Terry.

brainchild81
laughing True. But when one looks @ things objectively, it sure as hell seems that way(seriously, that orochi stuff is hardcore, that's why Geese wanted to study it). I'll break it down again if ya'll wish. On the same token, it's never been stated that Terry's more powerful than Iori or Kyo. Doesn't seem to stop some from saying he'd whoop on Kyo & Shingo @ the same time(like Mr. Yagami did) now does it? As for the destiny thing, are you trying to say that Iori & Kyo'd rather let 2 powerful fighters FUBAR them than work together again? Originally posted by brainchild81
Geese tells Kyo that he's not much better than Terry.

2D_MASTER
laughing Nah man. It doesn't. Can't help it if the dude's tough. Iori was kicking @$$ back when I had the taskmaster sig & he'd still be tough whether I had him in my sig or not. That's kind of a cheap shot though. I do a damn good job of not playing favorites. Otherwise Geese'd be beating the s**t of Akuma. That can of worms shouldn't be opened. I could start calling people biased because of sigs & avvys, but I'm not. Doesn't prove anything. laughing I expect better from you man. Try harder.
WHAT? you accussed another member of they same thing, only he was a Terry Fan. Don't be a hypocrite.

brainchild81
You serious? When & where? That really doesn't sound like me. Must have been ages ago. They musta been talking that "Terry beat Mars so he wins" crap. I can't see myself saying that just because of a sig or avvy. Can you quote me doing this please?

Remulous
Power. & I looked up Iori & Kyo's age for you since you asked. One site says 28 for both, but Iori's a bit older than Kyo. Power? What proof do you have that is actually saying or prooving he is stronger or has more power? Has he done something TB couldn't do? They're 28?! Dude, SNK said that Kyo repeatidly flunked highschool but damn...that's just sad, unless he graduated or something outside of the storyline or just droped out. I guess every cool character has to have a flaw.

brainchild81
It'd be f**ked up if Terry came to school to pick up Rock's report card and saw Kyo there.
Terry:Hey Man! I didn't know you had a kid here.
Kyo:Uhhh. Yeah. I'm here to get his grades.
T:Well where is he?
K..........
*Rock's teacher comes out and gives the grades out.
Teacher: Here's your son's grades Mr.Bogard. @least somebody's father still cares about his education. Unlike Mr. Kusinagi!!
T:Lay off of him Ms. He's here. It's obvious that he does care about his son's education.
Teacher: What son? These are Kyo's grades we're talking about. Mr. Saisyu doesn't even come here to get them anymore.
T:You're still a student here? Daaaaaaaaaaaaayum!
Kmessedhut the hell up Terry! & you better not tell anybody.
*Kyo runs away crying*
T:You'd think the king of fighters could also be king of the classroom.

Originally posted by Remulous
Power? What proof do you have that is actually saying or prooving he is stronger or has more power? Has he done something TB couldn't do? They're 28?! Dude, SNK said that Kyo repeatidly flunked highschool but damn...that's just sad, unless he graduated or something outside of the storyline or just droped out. I guess every cool character has to have a flaw. I will answer this(I think I already have but I don't mind doing it again) , but in the spirit of a good debate. Since you said Terry was more skilled 1st, you go 1st.

Remulous
I will answer this(I think I already have but I don't mind doing it again) , but in the spirit of a good debate. Since you said Terry was more skilled 1st, you go 1st. I have already stated why as well but I can see your point. I still see Terry as the stronger foe, my reasons are not absolute so until SNK makes the win over one another in a battle or one does something that clearly better than the other they are truthfuly a draw. But we must not forget about Ryu, who will evtualy become the deciding factor in this fight becuase if Iori draws with TB then can't beat TB and Ryu can beat Iori or Kyo which leaves Ryu the last man standing. Thus victory to the Ryu and Terry team.

brainchild81
Wanted to edit that top part more. Damn 15 minute rule!! I do agree that if they aren't able to get rid of Terry, they'll most likely lose. Even if Iori goes into riot mode, he ain't beating those 2 by himself. Still, my money's on 1 of them taking Terry out. SNK needs to release a canon sourcebook w/fight results.

olympian
laughing Nah man. It doesn't. Can't help it if the dude's tough. Iori was kicking @$$ back when I had the taskmaster sig & he'd still be tough whether I had him in my sig or not. That's kind of a cheap shot though. I do a damn good job of not playing favorites. Otherwise Geese'd be beating the s**t of Akuma. That can of worms shouldn't be opened. I could start calling people biased because of sigs & avvys, but I'm not. Doesn't prove anything. laughing I expect better from you man. Try harder. False. He's always been described as a "natural". One so skilled @ fighting, that he doesn't need as much experience & training as others might. If he was just a bum w/flames he'd get his ass kicked.

Stuck in the 90s then? Things change whether you like said changes or not. smile Iori would be arrested for war crimes after killing Ryo

Yeah. Dude needs more screentime. He's the future.

Never missed one but hasn't done anything of even the slightest importance in over a decade. Wasn't even in the KOF: Another Day movie and got schooled by newcomer Mignon Bert in the comics. Can you say hasbeen boys & girls? "RYO!" I knew that you could. He's in every game so they always have someone to beat on laughing

laughing When I said I was implying how long (over a decade) it's been since he did something.
In what issue does Ryo beat Ryu? You got the whole series? And again, when has Ryo beaten Geese(might explain why Geese is so underrated)? Is that canon?More experience does not equal more skill though. I've seen nothing @ all that makes him more skilled than Iori. They're both skillful

Oh yeah.

Kyo is so natural that he and Iori only managed to beat Orochi because of the guys weakness of their flames devil Being a "natural" doesnt make you already skilled. It means you have the potential to be so.

For what ive read, the "Another Day" anime/Ova, its slated to feature every character, so far four parts have been made. Lets see if they make the rest they promised or not. Obviously if the storyline now resolves in ASH, no one else is showing up alot. They havent done anything over a decade? They have outside of the KOF. SNK.P released others games where they wer the focus instead of Kyo and co. if you noticed. Buruki One for starters.

Ryo beat Mr Big and Mr Karate in AOF1. He beat Geese in AOF2. Terry makes a cameo as a kid in that one, iirc. Hes regarded as the first KOF champ by the AOF-FF timeline that still exists.

(for those confused, the "tournment" itself already existed in the story of AOF-FF before the first KOF game was released in 94).

As for Ryo figthing Ryu in the svc comic, its here:

http://www.comicboards.com/comicbattles/view.php?trd=061024194029&q=Ryo%20Sakazaki

brainchild81
Oh yeah.

Kyo is so natural that he and Iori only managed to beat Orochi because of the guys weakness of their flames devil I really don't see a point there. Orochi wouldn't have been beaten otherwise. Ryo can train for the rest of his life and Orochi'd still kill his whole family in under a minute.

Being a "natural" doesnt make you already skilled. It means you have the potential to be so.Being a natural means what I said it did. Naturals don't have to pratice as much as others. Extremely quick learners

For what ive read, the "Another Day" anime/Ova, its slated to feature every character, so far four parts have been made. Lets see if they make the rest they promised or not. Obviously if the storyline now resolves in ASH, no one else is showing up alot. They havent done anything over a decade? They have outside of the KOF. SNK.P released others games where they wer the focus instead of Kyo and co. if you noticed. Buruki One for starters.

Ryo beat Mr Big and Mr Karate in AOF1. He beat Geese in AOF2. Terry makes a cameo as a kid in that one, iirc. Hes regarded as the first KOF champ by the AOF-FF timeline that still exists.

(for those confused, the "tournment" itself already existed in the story of AOF-FF before the first KOF game was released in 94).

As for Ryo figthing Ryu in the svc comic, its here:

http://www.comicboards.com/comicbattles/view.php?trd=061024194029&q=Ryo%20Sakazaki Ryo beating Geese was scrapped when they made Ryo younger so he could rival Terry. Nobody really cares about Buruki One. Did he win that and was it canon? Thanks for the scans. Ryo lucked up 'cause Ryu felt bad. It's obvious. I hope you're right about Another Day. It was good & I'd like to see more. However, they've made sure to put the important characters in this installment just in case they can't make another. Ryo didn't make it. You have proof that they(ryu/ryo) were created by the same person?

P-Geyser
laughing True. But when one looks @ things objectively, it sure as hell seems that way(seriously, that orochi stuff is hardcore, that's why Geese wanted to study it). I'll break it down again if ya'll wish. On the same token, it's never been stated that Terry's more powerful than Iori or Kyo. Doesn't seem to stop some from saying he'd whoop on Kyo & Shingo @ the same time(like Mr. Yagami did) now does it? As for the destiny thing, are you trying to say that Iori & Kyo'd rather let 2 powerful fighters FUBAR them than work together again?

Thats why alot of people tend to overrate both Kyo and Iori because of the Orcohi arc. As I have told you numerous times that because they defeated Orochi does not make them superior fighters.

Did I actually say out blunt that Terry was more powerfuller than Iori?..um no. It was you stating that both Kyo and Iori are more powerful since they are "naturals"

In this matchup it makes one wonder how the fighters would eventually wind up teaming up. As I said Terry and Ryu would respect each other. I personally think Iori may leave Kyo to fight both Terry and Ryu since he has no purpose in helping Kyo(other than Orochi)or the reason he may help him, because he does not want anyone defeating Kyo expect him...that's a possibility for him to stick around.

olympian
I really don't see a point there. Orochi wouldn't have been beaten otherwise. Ryo can train for the rest of his life and Orochi'd still kill his whole family in under a minute.

Being a natural means what I said it did. Naturals don't have to pratice as much as others. Extremely quick learners

Ryo beating Geese was scrapped when they made Ryo younger so he could rival Terry. Nobody really cares about Buruki One. Did he win that and was it canon? Thanks for the scans. Ryo lucked up 'cause Ryu felt bad. It's obvious. I hope you're right about Another Day. It was good & I'd like to see more. However, they've made sure to put the important characters in this installment just in case they can't make another. Ryo didn't make it. You have proof that they(ryu/ryo) were created by the same person?

1- Give Ryo and Terry the flames that act like kriptonite to Orochi, and he gets beaten the same. That win had little to do with skills.

2- I didnt said otherwise. They still have to train or bananas. You got nothing.

3- They only made everyone younger on KOF where every major figther of the franchise would appear in the same crossover. The FF cannon is still up. That means the Terry - Geese rivality is as well. That means that 14 years before Geese was starting to rank up his empire in Southtwon, he kidnapped Yuri and Ryo stopped him.

The AOF-FF timeline is not the same as the KOF one. Otherwise, Terry would also look older than others and he doesnt. Neither would Geese be alive when he died in the other timeline.

4- Of course. If a character you hate does as good, its because he had luck. This isent a Iori/Kyo vs Orochi match here. Ryu wasent focused properly and Ryo noticed that easily. Each fougth the other accordingly, neither wer pushing on theyr best.

5- I dont think i asked if someone cared about Buruki One, Branchild. The claim is that other games wer done for fanbases other than Kyo and co. Stick to the point.

5- Heres some trivia to know some backstage history of the game and its relation with SF.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryo_Sakazaki

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Art_of_Fighting

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Street_Fighter_(video_game)

Hope you have a languages card to use, for some of the links that show up.

brainchild81
1- Give Ryo and Terry the flames that act like kriptonite to Orochi, and he gets beaten the same. That win had little to do with skills.Still what does that have to do w/him being a natural or not? Again what was your point? Terry & Ryo DON'T have the flames and them beating Orochi w/them is pure speculation based on nothing. Right?

2- I didnt said otherwise. They still have to train or bananas. You got nothing.& What was your point? You said Kyo didn't have the skill to back up the flames or something like that. You're proving yourself wrong now. Good. 'cause I'm lazysmile Stop hatin' on Kyo.

3- They only made everyone younger on KOF where every major figther of the franchise would appear in the same crossover. The FF cannon is still up. That means the Terry - Geese rivality is as well. That means that 14 years before Geese was starting to rank up his empire in Southtwon, he kidnapped Yuri and Ryo stopped him.I've heard that was all Mr.Big misinterpreting Geese's wishes or something like that. Go to fightingworld.bravehost.com. I'm not sure if he knows what he's talking about though. Some of his s**t seems crazy. I really hope he hasn't beaten Geese though. Geese gets slept on enough w/out that on his resume'

The AOF-FF timeline is not the same as the KOF one. Otherwise, Terry would also look older than others and he doesnt. Neither would Geese be alive when he died in the other timeline.

4- Of course. If a character you hate does as good, its because he had luck. This isent a Iori/Kyo vs Orochi match here. Ryu wasent focused properly and Ryo noticed that easily. Each fougth the other accordingly, neither wer pushing on theyr best.It just seems that you're in a rush to claim a Ryo win. You hadn't even mentioned the circumstances, just Ryo winning. He ain't beating a focused Ryu IMO. It seems quite lucky to me that he fought Ryu @ that time. You talked of Terry getting beaten badly. Who beats Terry up in that series besides Geese?

5- I dont think i asked if someone cared about Buruki One, Branchild.My responsibility to inform you that nobody cares. Sorry 'bout thatsmile Originally posted by olympian
The claim is that other games wer done for fanbases other than Kyo and co. Stick to the point.Did he win and when's the sequel coming out? Remember how I said "he's done nothing of importance". Point still stands.

5- Heres some trivia to know some backstage history of the game and its relation with SF.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryo_Sakazaki

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Street_Fighter_(video_game)

Hope you have a languages card to use, for some of the links that show up. I've read most of that before and nah I'm still unable to see the translated stuff. I used to put links up nonstop, but thanx. That say anything 'bout who created Ryu/ryo? This reply was brought to you by the number "6" evil face Just kidding. Hey man, you think Terry can beat up Kyo & Shingo together?Originally posted by P-Geyser
Thats why alot of people tend to overrate both Kyo and Iori because of the Orcohi arc. As I have told you numerous times that because they defeated Orochi does not make them superior fighters.

Did I actually say out blunt that Terry was more powerfuller than Iori?..um no. It was you stating that both Kyo and Iori are more powerful since they are "naturals"

In this matchup it makes one wonder how the fighters would eventually wind up teaming up. As I said Terry and Ryu would respect each other. I personally think Iori may leave Kyo to fight both Terry and Ryu since he has no purpose in helping Kyo(other than Orochi)or the reason he may help him, because he does not want anyone defeating Kyo expect him...that's a possibility for him to stick around. Yes it is. Good job. If we're taking personalities into consideration, Ryu/Terry ain't gonna jump Kyo anyway. I wasn't talking about the arc. We were talking about Iori's power vs Terry's. That orochi stuff is in his cursed blood. lol @powerfuller. Them beating Orochi has no effect on my opinion of them

P-Geyser
It may not have no effect on you about them beating Orochi, but it does to alot of Kyo and Iori fans. I have to agree about Terry and Ryu not jumping Kyo though that's not in there style unless if they were fighting the bossess.

olympian
Still what does that have to do w/him being a natural or not? Again what was your point? Terry & Ryo DON'T have the flames and them beating Orochi w/them is pure speculation based on nothing. Right?

& What was your point? You said Kyo didn't have the skill to back up the flames or something like that. You're proving yourself wrong now. Good. 'cause I'm lazysmile Stop hatin' on Kyo.

I've heard that was all Mr.Big misinterpreting Geese's wishes or something like that. Go to fightingworld.bravehost.com. I'm not sure if he knows what he's talking about though. Some of his s**t seems crazy. I really hope he hasn't beaten Geese though. Geese gets slept on enough w/out that on his resume'

It just seems that you're in a rush to claim a Ryo win. You hadn't even mentioned the circumstances, just Ryo winning. He ain't beating a focused Ryu IMO. It seems quite lucky to me that he fought Ryu @ that time. You talked of Terry getting beaten badly. Who beats Terry up in that series besides Geese?

My responsibility to inform you that nobody cares. Sorry 'bout thatsmile Did he win and when's the sequel coming out? Remember how I said "he's done nothing of importance". Point still stands.

I've read most of that before and nah I'm still unable to see the translated stuff. I used to put links up nonstop, but thanx. That say anything 'bout who created Ryu/ryo? This reply was brought to you by the number "6" evil face Just kidding. Hey man, you think Terry can beat up Kyo & Shingo together?Yes it is. Good job. If we're taking personalities into consideration, Ryu/Terry ain't gonna jump Kyo anyway. I wasn't talking about the arc. We were talking about Iori's power vs Terry's. That orochi stuff is in his cursed blood. lol @powerfuller. Them beating Orochi has no effect on my opinion of them

1- There is no especulation here. Orochi had a specific weakness against the flames that Iori and Kyo weielded. Its like kriptonite. Mostly that figth is used by Kyo/Iori fans (not necessarily saying you) to describe how skilled they wer, when in fact it had little to do with it.

2- No, i said in the beginning his figthing skills werent supose to be sharp because of the power he yield. I dont hate Kyo. I dont think i hate any character, i just have a dislike at some. Unlike..you! wink

3- Its in the characters history in the official backstory. Mr Big was a more pivotal villain in AOF 1 that led to Mr Karate (who Ryo didnt even knew it was his father in disguise). Geese indeed shows at AOF2. Its there. As for resume, sorry chap. Ryo was always supossed to be a champ of Southtown as much as Terry originally was/became. Its no wonder that KOF 94 was made to respond the fan demand of having the AOF team going against the FF one and especially Ryo against Terry.

4- The circunstances dont play a major part here. If Ryo had given -all he had- against a non focused Ryu then obviously he would be so outclassed at regular levels that he had a "lucky win" as you described.

It wasent what happened, was it? He fougth his opponent accordingly. Therefore there was no luck there, since he didnt got at his top either. OTOH you cant dismiss that with even that he looked better in -this figth-.

Terry has lost to a Iori clone (?) in the first vol when rushing to attack Bison who at this point commands Geese empire. Vega also helped in giving him the beating as well as Balrog. Every character is going to lose and win. Kyo was beaten to death twice in that same vol. As for IMO, the AOF Ryo sure *can*. Ill just leave it at that.

5- Buruki One wasent made for the Kyo and co fanbase. It was made for the AOF fanbase. Thats the only point to debate here. Its considered to be some sort of a sequel by some. Your haterance sir? Hurts me notpirate

6- As the links illustrate the same creative team and/or especially the head of the creative team worked on both games and its credited as such. I dont have a clue why they left Capcom, other than thinking that perhaps they werent satisfied with the final result of SF. Maybe they wanted a more interactive game with bigger graphics experience for the arcades wich turned to be AOF.

As for Terry, Shingo isent really up his level...

Remulous
Wanted to edit that top part more. Damn 15 minute rule!! I do agree that if they aren't able to get rid of Terry, they'll most likely lose. Even if Iori goes into riot mode, he ain't beating those 2 by himself. Still, my money's on 1 of them taking Terry out. SNK needs to release a canon sourcebook w/fight results. A source book is exactly what SNK needs!

Sado22
hey people, my first post here. some of you may know me as the webmaster of fightingworld.bravehost.com , Sado.

P-Geyser: i just replied to your email. thanks for the heads up, dude.

Brainchild: first of all thanx for the free promotion, mang. looks i don't need to hire and pay someone since you've done it for free. as a sign of my appreciation, i'll put up a kyo iori wallpaper in the next update. wink

as for what you say about Terry, here are a few things you need to consider:

-canonwise, Terry is still the unbeaten wolf. ryo refers to him as this in KoF 01 and even someone from SNK vs Capcom refered to him as such. so he hasn't lost to anyone since by KoF 01 he has been in all the KoF tournaments and has faced Iori, Kyo and even K' on more than one occassion.
-Kyo and Iori have only managed to draw with Terry storywise. he has never been beaten by either of them.
-terry never lost to Krauser either. people who say that are trying to merge the anime with the canonstory of FF which is stupid.
-Ryo is the first champion of KoF (and i'll fix that mess up on my site regarding the FF-AoF time line thing by the next update) and he has always held his own too, despite his losses at Terry's hands.
-in KoF MI, it is a one-on-one tournament and in the finals Terry AND ALba are the ones who made it to it. They fought and defeated Duke together though alba is the one who finished him off. Iori, Kyo and K' etc were in the tournament too but they never made it. Truth be told, they didn't get past the semis and never made it to the finals since they were obviously eliminated.
-Iori by no means has defeated Kyo. till KoF XI they were evenly matched with neither getting a win over the other. Iori is said to have an edge over Kyo due to his flames being stronger but still he has never beaten Kyo decisively. in KoF XI he went Orochi Iori and battered Kyo to unconsciousness, though.
-Ash defeated Orochi Iori face to face. *i have as much trouble accepting this as you since Iori is number 2 on my favorite list*. Ash is said to have commented later that due to the weakened trinity, Iori actually became weaker due to going Orochi but this is yet off unconfirmed.
-Nightmare Geese, the geese we see in KoF MI2 is the way he was when terry finaly killed him in Real Bout. make no mistake cuz that was one tough ***** right there. he is even said to have drunk the blood of Geonitz explaining why his flames went purple but that is unconfirmed so far.

this is just a random comment for everyone here:
please don't judge characters on the basis of comics and animes. comics and animes are simply produced by people who have the license to produce the thing but it is BY NO MEANS canon story. go to my site and in the theories section you can see the proof of this under the title "comics and animes: the reality".

oh and for the record, brainchild, Iori and Kyo are the same age. Iori is older though in that he was born a few months before Kyo. Iori's DoB is 25th march while Kyo's is 8th December smile

as for who i think will win this bout, i think Kyo and Iori will win.
Why?
Kyo and Iori are two of the toughest fighters from KoF. together they have topelled many foes together and each of them is tough like hell.
on the other side, while Terry is powerful, ryu is not. for some canon facts to prove my point:
-makuto, the little ***** from SF 3, put up a fight against Ryu.
-Ryu lost to Ken on two occassions.
-Ryu lost to sagat, bison, akuma, oro and even ken.
-shin-sho-ryu-ken, his strongest move, canonwise COULD NOT defeat Hugo even though it was a direct hit. so really it is not a god-tier move as most people assume it to be.
-Ryu lost to Sagat on two occassions. the first time he was losing and actually had practically lost since he couldn't even stand. however, he went satsui no hadou on Sagat's ass and did the metsu-sho-ryu-ken that tore open Sagat's chest...all this while Sagat was trying to help him up. cheap. very cheap. the second time he lost to Sagat, even though he had the power of bison's pyscho power in him (pyscho power is equivlent to dark hadou for the record and is like a twin sister *canon*). Ryu still lost in a one on one fight.

some of you may say i'm bullshitting but it is from facts and canon story.

ryu also has THREE moves that has no variety. also Kyo is fully aware of his moves since Kyo's own original move list wasn't too different (he even had tatsumaki senpuukyaku type of move in KoF 94 and 95). Iori, Kyo and Terry have even fougth people who have moves identical to Ryu (Ryo, robert, takuma, yuri to an extent etc) while ryu has faced NO ONE like Iori or even Kyo...or even Terry.
sure Ryu and Terry have experience but that didn't stop Makuto from putting up a fight against Ryu or from Rock doing the same with Terry. with all of Terry's experience the fight still ended in draw with Kyo and Iori.
Experience counts but isn't a decisive factor in a fight (i am a fighter so i know what i'm talkin about). there are a LOT of factors involved in fights and who comes out of it.

the second reason why Kyo Iori would win is because the power gap between them is zero. both are equally powerful. Ryu and Terry are not evenly matched. for more on that go to the theories on my site and see the "Terry VS Ryu Terry VS Ken" bit and i prove my point there. of course should you choose to argue with me, then i'll be happy to listen to what you have to say.
so while Terry will be evenly matched with one of them, Ryu will not and will lose to either Kyo or Iori. even if terry would beat one of them, he would be out of steam to do much against the other who is as good as the one he just defeated. slim chances for the hungry wolf and so i think he'll lose eventually. confused

Feel free to argue with me though as i'd love to hear your views.

brainchild81
I look forward to the wallpaper. I also accept ca$h smileOriginally posted by olympian
1- There is no especulation here. Orochi had a specific weakness against the flames that Iori and Kyo weielded. Its like kriptonite. Mostly that figth is used by Kyo/Iori fans (not necessarily saying you) to describe how skilled they wer, when in fact it had little to do with it.You're not sure of that. They've mastered styles that allow them to use the flames in an efficient manner. Nonfans seem to say that because skill wasn't the ONLY factor in that fight, that somehow they are less skilled. Originally posted by olympian
2- No, i said in the beginning his figthing skills werent supose to be sharp because of the power he yield. What you said was Originally posted by olympian
Bleh, Kyo for a long time didnt even had he skills to back it up, its was mostly the power of the flames.& that's based on what? Nothing right? Kyo was trained @ an early age by his pop. He's been a martial arts prodigy since he started training. His skills were sharp way before he entered his 1st KOF. Why are you trying to make it seem otherwise?

I dont hate Kyo. I dont think i hate any character, i just have a dislike at some. Unlike..you! winkThen why do you feel the need to downrate Kyo's skill? Is it some "make Kyo look worse to make Ryo look better" deal?Originally posted by olympian
3- Its in the characters history in the official backstory. Mr Big was a more pivotal villain in AOF 1 that led to Mr Karate (who Ryo didnt even knew it was his father in disguise). Geese indeed shows at AOF2. Its there. As for resume, sorry chap. Ryo was always supossed to be a champ of Southtown as much as Terry originally was/became. Its no wonder that KOF 94 was made to respond the fan demand of having the AOF team going against the FF one and especially Ryo against Terry. I'll do more looking into that. Did you look @ the site?
4- The circunstances dont play a major part here. If Ryo had given -all he had- against a non focused Ryu then obviously he would be so outclassed at regular levels that he had a "lucky win" as you described.Maybe you don't understand me. Ryu not being focused IS the circumstance. It was a MAJOR factor. It's quite obvious. Don't be crazy now. Originally posted by olympian
It wasent what happened, was it? He fougth his opponent accordingly. Therefore there was no luck there, since he didnt got at his top either. OTOH you cant dismiss that with even that he looked better in -this figth-. What's OTOH? Ryo didn't fight at his top because he could tell something wasn't right. Ryo did look better..............than a non-focused Ryu. WOW!! What does that prove? Nothing @ all & you know it. It's not good to bulls*it yourselflike that smile You're reaching reeeeally far for this oneOriginally posted by olympian
Terry has lost to a Iori clone (?) in the first vol when rushing to attack Bison who at this point commands Geese empire. Vega also helped in giving him the beating as well as Balrog.Oh. That's what you were talking about. Terry was banged up(how I'm not sure) before O.Iori started whoopin on him. Only Time I've seen him get beat down was when Geese FUBARED him w/ease and then had a hard time w/Kyo Kusanagi, the scion of the flame!!!!!! smile.Originally posted by olympian
Every character is going to lose and win. Kyo was beaten to death twice in that same vol.Sure you don't mean Iori?
5- Buruki One wasent made for the Kyo and co fanbase. It was made for the AOF fanbase. Thats the only point to debate here. Its considered to be some sort of a sequel by some. Your haterance sir? Hurts me notpiratelaughing I'd be really upset if that was my intention. I've asked you countless times if he won that. Still don't change that he's done nothing of real importance. Wow--he was in some other tourney fighting people who weren't even using fireballs & stuff. He's the man now roll eyes (sarcastic)
6- As the links illustrate the same creative team and/or especially the head of the creative team worked on both games and its credited as such. I dont have a clue why they left Capcom, other than thinking that perhaps they werent satisfied with the final result of SF. Maybe they wanted a more interactive game with bigger graphics experience for the arcades wich turned to be AOF.He's credited as creating Ryu? That's all I'm asking.
As for Terry, Shingo isent really up his level... That's great. My question however was if you think he can beat Shingo & Kyo @the same time. Not "is Shingo on Terry's level" smile

Sado22
you bet.
as for cash...... laughing
keep dreamin!

olympian
I look forward to the wallpaper. I also accept ca$h smileYou're not sure of that. They've mastered styles that allow them to use the flames in an efficient manner. Nonfans seem to say that because skill wasn't the ONLY factor in that fight, that somehow they are less skilled. What you said was & that's based on what? Nothing right? Kyo was trained @ an early age by his pop. He's been a martial arts prodigy since he started training. His skills were sharp way before he entered his 1st KOF. Why are you trying to make it seem otherwise?

Then why do you feel the need to downrate Kyo's skill? Is it some "make Kyo look worse to make Ryo look better" deal?I'll do more looking into that. Did you look @ the site?
Maybe you don't understand me. Ryu not being focused IS the circumstance. It was a MAJOR factor. It's quite obvious. Don't be crazy now. What's OTOH? Ryo didn't fight at his top because he could tell something wasn't right. Ryo did look better..............than a non-focused Ryu. WOW!! What does that prove? Nothing @ all & you know it. It's not good to bulls*it yourselflike that smile You're reaching reeeeally far for this oneOh. That's what you were talking about. Terry was banged up(how I'm not sure) before O.Iori started whoopin on him. Only Time I've seen him get beat down was when Geese FUBARED him w/ease and then had a hard time w/Kyo Kusanagi, the scion of the flame!!!!!! smile.Sure you don't mean Iori?
laughing I'd be really upset if that was my intention. I've asked you countless times if he won that. Still don't change that he's done nothing of real importance. Wow--he was in some other tourney fighting people who weren't even using fireballs & stuff. He's the man now roll eyes (sarcastic)
He's credited as creating Ryu? That's all I'm asking.
That's great. My question however was if you think he can beat Shingo & Kyo @the same time. Not "is Shingo on Terry's level" smile

1- Are you actually trying to convey that storywise, Kyo was supossed to have sharp skills in the beginning as other main guns?

2- Ryu not being focused didnt changed a thing, because Ryo didnt used that advantage other than humbling him. What comparations can you draw here? That Ryu could beat him easily EVEN when it was stated that Ryo didnt gave his all, BECAUSE of his opponents lack of focus?

Ryu not focused = Ryo not going out. What else is to look here? Mainly i used that one because of a previous understanding of urs that Ryo loses to "everyone, no matter if its the games or mangas because according to you he sucks". I showed you this and whats your reaction? He got lucky. Even when according to the story the one who was lucky was Ryu because his opponent saw how flawed he was.

And yes, i show this even if mangas arent cannon. Dont burn.

3- Like i could care less if you think the tournment was worth it or not. Its not what i answered. You said he had no importance, i showed you that he did. Now, whos reaching far?

4- Read the links, Brainchild. And also the behind the scenes of KOF "dream match" 94. Guess who was also credit behind the creation of the game?

5- I dont see either as a straigth match to Terry, even if i do view Kyo and Iori as the next "class". Shingo for me would go down easier.

Shango, i have some questions tho. If memory serves Ken won the first SF and thus defeated Ryu, correct? When was the other time he defeated his rival?

When did Terry defeat Ryo in the Aof- FF timeline? Fatal Fury Wild Ambition? Is that game regarded as cannon or merely a remake of FF 1 with Ryo there to connect further the timeline that was already set?

olympian
Edit:

1- Are you actually trying to convey that storywise, Kyo was supossed to have sharp skills in the beginning as other main guns? What set this high school kid apart of the competition was the use of flames. Not his grand skill as storywise Geese, Terry and Ryo wer renowed from.

About my so called "hatred" on Kyo, wich i dont even know where you got that from. Im especifically talking about the Kyo as he was when he first popped up, not the current one. Theres no hate here, im talking about my views as in the story point of view, especially of what is canon. Like Orochi being especificaly weaker against theyr flames (or better the ancient flames that belonged to the families and passed to them). Now, how on Earth, can anyone play the said game and not get that crucial plot device?

(Now, obviously he had to know how to use them. Whos arguing otherwise. But his figthing skills as a whole werent at Terry`s level.)

Now you, while aknowleged, dont even discuss Ryo, he just "sucks" for whatever reason like having a shirt under his Gi. Thats hate.

Boya stick out tongue!

Emperor Ashtar
Great, this thread has become an argument on snk's inconsistent heirarchy. . .

Remulous
It'd be f**ked up if Terry came to school to pick up Rock's report card and saw Kyo there.
Terry:Hey Man! I didn't know you had a kid here.
Kyo:Uhhh. Yeah. I'm here to get his grades.
T:Well where is he?
K..........
*Rock's teacher comes out and gives the grades out.
Teacher: Here's your son's grades Mr.Bogard. @least somebody's father still cares about his education. Unlike Mr. Kusinagi!!
T:Lay off of him Ms. He's here. It's obvious that he does care about his son's education.
Teacher: What son? These are Kyo's grades we're talking about. Mr. Saisyu doesn't even come here to get them anymore.
T:You're still a student here? Daaaaaaaaaaaaayum!
Kmessedhut the hell up Terry! & you better not tell anybody.
*Kyo runs away crying*
T:You'd think the king of fighters could also be king of the classroom.

laughing laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing Poor Kyo

brainchild81
lol. Woulda been better but I wasn't able to finish the edit.Originally posted by Emperor Ashtar
Great, this thread has become an argument on snk's inconsistent heirarchy. . . Quiet you! Originally posted by olympian
1- Are you actually trying to convey that storywise, Kyo was supossed to have sharp skills in the beginning as other main guns?There's nothing that points to the contrary is it? He's a natural meaning he might even be better unless you got some proof that he's worse. Many seem to think you can't have a plot device and be talented. Kyo can and is. Kyo has skill & plot device. Just because these others don't have the pd doesn't mean they have more skill than Kyo to compensate. However, if you have proof to this, then by all means present it.
2- Ryu not being focused didnt changed a thing, because Ryo didnt used that advantage other than humbling him. What comparations can you draw here? That Ryu could beat him easily EVEN when it was stated that Ryo didnt gave his all, BECAUSE of his opponents lack of focus?

Ryu not focused = Ryo not going out. What else is to look here? Mainly i used that one because of a previous understanding of urs that Ryo loses to "everyone, no matter if its the games or mangas because according to you he sucks". I showed you this and whats your reaction? He got lucky. Even when according to the story the one who was lucky was Ryu because his opponent saw how flawed he was.

And yes, i show this even if mangas arent cannon. Dont burn.I like seeing fights whether they're canon or not. I own the English version so far up to 5 but I missed 4 because I find the series entertaining & I thank you for showing that. That seems to be from issue 4. Can you get the rest of the fights from that one? I never said he loses to everyone all the time. Feel free to quote me if I have. I'm just trying to explain to you that Ryo vs. unfocused Ryu means nothing here regardless of whether he's not going all out or not or not. You seem to be not getting it. Are you saying that if we regarded this as canon that you would use this as evidence for Ryo in a Ryo vs Ryu match? If not, let's move on because we're both smart enough to realize this proves nothing other than that Ryo can beat Ryu when he's not focused. Whoop de do Bazil!! We might as well go crown Ryo the greatest fighter of all time now if he can accomplish that astounding feat. The Ryo victory parade will be held on Friday smile Remind me to show you the scans of the fight where Dan beats on Ryo. Ryo couldn't concentrate because he found out Yuri has "fire down below" & Robert said "bi**h ain't catch it from me man. Get the f**k out mah face!!". That wasn't a factor though because Dan wasn't going all out.
Ryo not focused = Dan not going all out. See that olympian? I can talk all crazy too laughing
3- Like i could care less if you think the tournment was worth it or not. Its not what i answered. You said he had no importance, i showed you that he did. Now, whos reaching far?Relax. I'm not trying to insult you, it's just that it's not important. If you were a gambler, would you put a grand on Ryo to win KOF because he participated in Burikai One? Hell to the No! It just don't carry that much weight. You haven't said that he won. I'm starting to think he lost.
4- Read the links, Brainchild. And also the behind the scenes of KOF "dream match" 94. Guess who was also credit behind the creation of the game?I'm only concerned about if he created them or not. I only want proof. I'm not saying you're wrong. I just ain't sure if you're right. I don't have the card to translate that stuff. Can you copy & paste?
5- I dont see either as a straigth match to Terry, even if i do view Kyo and Iori as the next "class". Shingo for me would go down easier.That's awesome. Still I'm asking you if he could beat them together. Originally posted by olympian

(Now, obviously he had to know how to use them. Whos arguing otherwise. But his figthing skills as a whole werent at Terry`s level.)Great. & now for the proof?

Now you, while aknowleged, dont even discuss Ryo, he just "sucks" for whatever reason like having a shirt under his Gi. Thats hate.

Boya stick out tongue! He's either a ripoff because he stole Ryu's moves & has a very similar look & name & attitude or he's a reject because they chose Ryu(the superior design) over him. & he's lame enough to wear a shirt under his gi on top of all that. Originally posted by Sado22
--Ryo is the first champion of KoF (and i'll fix that mess up on my site regarding the FF-AoF time line thing by the next update) and he has always held his own too, despite his losses at Terry's hands.
-KoF MI, it is a one-on-one tournament and in the finals Terry AND ALba are the ones who made it to it. They fought and defeated Duke together though alba is the one who finished him off. Iori, Kyo and K' etc were in the tournament too but they never made it. Truth be told, they didn't get past the semis and never made it to the finals since they were obviously eliminated.
-Iori by no means has defeated Kyo. till KoF XI they were evenly matched with neither getting a win over the other. Iori is said to have an edge over Kyo due to his flames being stronger but still he has never beaten Kyo decisively. in KoF XI he went Orochi Iori and battered Kyo to unconsciousness, though.
-Ash defeated Orochi Iori face to face. *i have as much trouble accepting this as you since Iori is number 2 on my favorite list*. Ash is said to have commented later that due to the weakened trinity, Iori actually became weaker due to going Orochi but this is yet off unconfirmed.
-Nightmare Geese, the geese we see in KoF MI2 is the way he was when terry finaly killed him in Real Bout. make no mistake cuz that was one tough ***** right there. he is even said to have drunk the blood of Geonitz explaining why his flames went purple but that is unconfirmed so far.

this is just a random comment for everyone here:
please don't judge characters on the basis of comics and animes. comics and animes are simply produced by people who have the license to produce the thing but it is BY NO MEANS canon story. go to my site and in the theories section you can see the proof of this under the title "comics and animes: the reality".You seem to be using the KOF:MI Maniax books for the MI story. Is this comic canon? 'Cause the tourney wasn't carried out properly in that book. Rock's match w/Alba was interrupted by Duke kidnapping his tenacious, never give up ass. I remember Alba & Terry teaming up against Duke to save Soiree & Rock. I don't remember Kyo or Iori getting officially eliminated.

&in KOF XI Ash only took Iori after he'd tired himself from beating on Kyo & shingo. Ash did the smart thing. I doubt he can beat Iori in a fair one

Originally posted by Sado22
as for who i think will win this bout, i think Kyo and Iori will win.
Why?
Kyo and Iori are two of the toughest fighters from KoF. together they have topelled many foes together and each of them is tough like hell.
on the other side, while Terry is powerful, ryu is not. for some canon facts to prove my point:
-makuto, the little ***** from SF 3, put up a fight against Ryu.
-Ryu lost to Ken on two occassions.
-Ryu lost to sagat, bison, akuma, oro and even ken.
-shin-sho-ryu-ken, his strongest move, canonwise COULD NOT defeat Hugo even though it wa
ryu also has THREE moves that has no variety. also Kyo is fully aware of his moves since Kyo's own original move list wasn't too different (he even had tatsumaki senpuukyaku type of move in KoF 94 and 95). Iori, Kyo and Terry have even fougth people who have moves identical to Ryu (Ryo, robert, takuma, yuri to an extent etc) while ryu has faced NO ONE like Iori or even Kyo...or even Terry.Ryu's 3 moves have enough varietysmile one's a kick that spins around, the other's are a jumping uppercut(has priority over "rising tackoo" & crackshoot smile ), & last a fireball. Honestly though that's not really an issue. It's been said that it's OK to have just 1 move, when that 1 move is all you need. Ryu's got 3. So he's like 2 better right? smile Ryu's pretty adaptable. Of the three Iori would win a few battles but I think Ryu'd win more often than not.

sure Ryu and Terry have experience but that didn't stop Makuto from putting up a fight against Ryu or from Rock doing the same with Terry. with all of Terry's experience the fight still ended in draw with Kyo and Iori.
Experience counts but isn't a decisive factor in a fight (i am a fighter so i know what i'm talkin about). there are a LOT of factors involved in fights and who comes out of it.Agreed. Where do you get your info from? I'd like to know more about Ryu/Makuto. I heard she was going to be his sis @1st

Sado22
ARGH! stupid forum rule for this site that says i can't post a link. NOW i gotta reply all over again!
okay so...

I don't read the comics not any more at least. they aren't canon, only licensed to produce these things, so i don't see the logic of using them to not only to understand to understand the game but even compare fighters.
As for Ash beating Iori. They don't show the fight. they just show Iori in riot mode and Ash facing heading forward to fight him. we don't see Ioria after that at all....the only we know is when we see Ash with his flames. Keep in mind thought that Ash has yatta's power so he probably could seal his power. besides orochi iori isn't god tier as people claim. Ash is even said, according to one source, to have mentioned how it was easier to take on Orochi iori since o iori is unfocused.

not really mang. three moves no matter what you say aren't variety. what is is close to 10 moves which Terry has.
Ryu's moves are familiair to Terry. Even when he fought Kyo back in 94 kyo's moves were similar to Ryu. Ryo and family practically have identical moves. nothing new for Terry. Terry's moves though are totally different from anyone he's ever faced.
also Ryu has NEVER outlasted any opponent stronger than him. Sagat beat him. Sagat also beat a more powerful Ryu (who was equivelant to Evil Ryu) since he defeated Psycho Ryu (pyscho power being canon wise like a twin sister to dark hadou and Bison even says so in Sagat's or Ryu's SF Alpha3 ending). Ryu was still beaten. Bison beat him. Akuma defeated him. Oro defeated him. Ken defeated him. Hugo forced him to the extent that he used the shin-sho-ryu-ken against him....which still didn't work against Hugo cuz he survived it and the fight continued...probably Ryu lost this too, though TIAMAT assumes that he won. that is still an assumption. Canon wise, Capcom mentions that Hugo survived the SHITshoryuken.
Terry on the other hand has ALWAYS outlasted his opponents. Geese was outlasted. Krauser was outlasted. Jin twins were actually god tiers thanks to the immortality and he still Terry was far from beaten though he was getting his keister kicked for the bulk of the fight. Grant, who is like Akuma and even his charging up for power shakes the ground, though kicked the shit out of Terry in Garou MOTW, Terry still outlasted him. terry also defeated Nightmare Geese. That is what makes Terry great. He can outlast and come out winner in fights that have the odds against him badly. Ryu has YET to do that.

yeah she was but they ditched taht cuz it didn't make sense why an orphan like ryu would have a sister. makes sense too...for a change. stupid capcom.
i get my info from gamefaq.com
notice though that the writer mentions bits that are canon and those that are his own speculation. check it out if you can.
see ya around and keep the spirit of fighting games burning.

Love & Peace.
~Sado

shin_remy
HUgo is very powerfull, i have some scans of the fight between Hugo and ryu. OMG Hugo is BIG and strong.

Sado22
yeah in the comics he is. Regularly he is no bigger than Zangief. If my memory serves me correct he is around 8 feet. it is big but Zangeif and Thunder Hawk are just that big.

for the record you guys know that POISON IS A GUY RIGHT?

Emperor Ashtar
yeah in the comics he is. Regularly he is no bigger than Zangief. If my memory serves me correct he is around 8 feet. it is big but Zangeif and Thunder Hawk are just that big.

for the record you guys know that POISON IS A GUY RIGHT?
Zangief and T.hawk are not that tall.

Sado22
last time i checked they were 7'11 and 8 foot.
that is f'in tall.

brainchild81

P-Geyser
I dont recall Terry being placed high above the others in Fatal Fury. Kyo on the other hand....If my memory serves me correctly, that was O.Iori that took out both Kyo and Shingo was it not? Regular Iori I believe has not defeated Kyo.

Even Sado understands that in the KOF comics they place both Kyo and Iori SO FAR above anything it was ridiculous. In KOF Terry is not placed high above Ryo but Kyo and Iori have been placed high above both Terry and Ryo since we are talking about Terry being placed high in FF.

brainchild81
Not high enough if SNK hasn't spoken of them actually beating Terry(that stalemate stuff is getting kinda old). Come on now PG. Admit it. Use logic and put emotions to the side. It's no crime to like Terry, but don't pretend you don't know the truth. Has any of the other FF characters ever beaten him? Who's his top rival among the FF cast? Hell, have they even fought him to a draw? Have any of the others beaten the boss? Have any of them even helped him beat the boss? Terry doesn't win KOF and it's his teammates fault, not his. Besides maybe Mai, how many of them have been in every KOF game? Don't even get me started on that movie. If O.Iori got shot in the head and died, they'd put Iori on his tombstone. Same person. Still, Kyo's been beaten by people and it's sounding like Terry has @ worse been stalemated. You know I'm right.

P-Geyser
Right about what? admit what? and how am I putting emotions into the comment I stated before? If I said to you "B**L SHIT TERRY WAS NOT PUT ABOVE SUCH AND SUCH! now THAT would be emotions.

You make it seem that Terry breezes past all of the FF cast which is not true. Terry did defeat Geese and Krauser but he had a HELL OF a time doing it. Andy has given Terry a hard time as well as Kim. Okay speaking of which since you stated MOTW'S is a "FF" game Terry did not win and beat the boss it was Rock right?...so there ya go.

Sounds to me form your other post you would have been happy with Terry beating Geese and Krauser with Andy. And dont get me started on the animes. Andy,Kim,Geese and Krauser gave Terry the hardest time hell even made Terry go drinking since he was beaten so badly being at the hands of Krauser.

Bottom line When Iori is not in riot mode, he and Kyo usually seem to stalmate(Now I see that word is one of your least favorites)

brainchild81
In MOTW I've heard he and Rock stalemated. Once again Mr Bogard doesn't lose. I've said it before. Before Rock it was the Terry show and you know it. Terry still won in the animes & Kim didn't really give Terry a hard time. It was on youtube a while back. It was quite a short fight. I doubt Terry had a scratch on him. I don't remember the fight w/Andy so it's possible you're right about that. Terry beats gods while the others are on the sidelines. Yes dude don't start on the Animes as they do nothing but prove my point. It seems you have to look into non-canon animes just to look for a Terry loss. Terry & no one else still beat Krauser in the end. Goenitz still beat Kyo's ass. Terry vs. anybody from FF before Rock is a surefire victory for Terry same as it's always been. Don't kid yourself. I would have been happy w/Andy helping Terry out. I'm not being slick about it. Andy is Terry's bro and he ain't even in some of the games nowadays. Come on now. FF is all about Terry until Rock shows up & then Rock has to share the spotlight w/him

Sado22
it was from wikipedia and that is why i metnion on my site that "it is said that he and ALba beat Duke together". i never mentioned it as canon cuz wikipedia tends to get many things messed up. More on that later.

yeah, well that's one way of looking at it. However, if you ask me, Berserk is still berserk.

and yet Hugo and his whole family was beaten up by the Final fight cast. shame on Ryu.
Capcom has only stated that Ryu did the shinshoryuken to Hugo and Hugo survived it though it was a direct hit. techinically speaking since Hugo survived his STRONGEST move I don't see him putting him out with any other move. speaking logic.
the way I look at it is this:
Alex and Hugo are always pitted against eachother even in the intros of the game. Hugo is said to have made it to the wrestling thing because "of a good performance" in the SF3 tournament. the way i see it, Alex and he duked it out and after an impressive bout, Alex won (since they're both wresters and power houses). Later on as Ryu comes to US (canon) he probably meets Hugo on the way as Hugo was going around himself looking for partners. They fight and Ryu is pushed far enough to do the shinshoryuken. Hugo survives. Like i said if he survived his STRONGEST move i don't see any of his other moves doing the trick either. So either Hugo squashes him......or after getting the shitshoryuken they both call it a day. either of the two.

Honestly speaking though i find you as the one who is putting emotions before logic in a way. I tell you Ryu couldn't KO a side character like Hugo and you claim that Hugo has a chin. the real way to look at it would be "oh, so shinshoryuken, isn't really all taht great if it can't even KO someone like Hugo who is not even a god tier character."
also, Ryu now is as strong as the EVIL Ryu he was when he scarred Sagat. that shoryuken tore open Sagat (cheap shot mind you). so what's his excuse for not being able to defeat Hugo with an EVEN STRONGER version.
also keep in mind that at the age of 25, during the SF Alpha3 days, Ryu fought Sagat again as Psycho Ryu. this ryu had psycho power in him and psycho power is canon wise a twin sister to dark hadou. So you could say that, from this analogy, he was like Evil Ryu. And what happened? He got squashed again.

no not at all. Ryu's cheap shot is a CANON fact. most probably the guy who told you that is another ignorant Ryu fanboy.
As for the people he's losing to. Okay lets narrow it down. I'll mention all his landmark fights:
Sagat: very powerful but still human. kicked the shit out of him. Sagat was most probably defeated by whoever won the SF2 tournament (most probably Guile or Chunli). What's Ryu's excuse now?
Sagat: fought him as Pyscho Ryu. Got squashed again even though that version was as strong as Evil Ryu. What's Ryu's excuse now?
Bison: can't blame him.
Akuma: can't blame him for this one.
Oro: can't blame him again as oro had a draw with Akuma and wasn't even impressed. Nor was Akuma impressed (sheds light on Ryu's so called "powerlevel" now since he lost to someone that didn't even impress Akuma).
Hugo: a regular thug in the Final Fight series. Had his whole family beat up. pushes Ryu to the extent that he uses his shinshoryuken which still doesn't fall hugo.
Ken: someone who even Gouken considered inferior to Ryu (as Gouken and even Ken himself realized that Ryu is MORE skilled). he lost to someone less skilled than himself. What's the excuse? First time, yes, he was upset. What about teh second time. the fact taht he lost to Ken in SF2 is actually considered now to be canon.
Makuto: a little **** barely 16 years old fought impressively against a seasoned Ryu in his prime. err...yeah.

as for what you say about Terry and his overexaggeration? well that is a typical rant i hear. It's like saying Muhammed Ali is better than Rocky Marciano cuz Marciano never lost a fight.
Like it's his fault that he worked his ass off all his life since he was a lonely kid, training and getting beaten up by much older and seasoned fighters and surviving on the street without food and a father and became that tough fighter he is today. At least Ryu's fighting career began at the age of 18. terry started at 10.
First you claim that he isn't strong. Once you see the facts you say he's too strong. okay so here are a few pointers:
-In FF he and Andy fought Geese together for a while during the Real Bout tournament but Andy was no match and was defeated. Terry then went really pissed and fought Geese and eventually knocked him off the top floor.
-Yamazaki is stronger than Terry and that is a fact. It took all the characters of FF team to fight him and in the end it was only left to him and Terry fighting each other and still no dice for Terry cuz nothing was coming out of it. Yamazaki is god tier of FF series. He is so strong that he even stopped himself from being controlled by Orochi.
-the Jin Twins were both pummelling Terry. He was putting up his best efforts but was fighting a losing battle but didn't lose (unlike Ryu). jin twins were god tiers and even though they were double teaming him he was still not losing heart or spirit. It was only till Geese stole the scrolls taht he was able to defeat them. His persistence saw him through. compare that to Ryu being pushed to use shinshoryuken on non-god-tier Hugo and still failing.
-he was there fighting Orochi Iori along with the other strong characters. he didn't take him out single handedly.

as for character depth i think the fact that Terry is taking care of his sworn enemy's son is character even though he himself is a homeless vagabound.
the fact that he failed at saving Rock is also character (taking into consideration taht you consider a loss character). Terry failed at his life's one main goal and that was to stop Rock from taking the syndicate.
the fact that he is fighting for the kids of South Town so that they don't become orphans like him is character. He actually works in making the conidtion of South Town and those kids better. What does Ryu fight for?
The fact that he isn't so desperate to win fights that he unleashes his demonic side is also character.
The fact that he took every defeat of his team in stride is also character.

As for Ryu...if you think Terry's stealing people's thunder, what do you call Ryu easily beating the SF3 champ, Alex? From your anti-Terry logic isn't that too considered as stealing the show.

Speaking of which...what character does Ryu have?
Gouken gave Ryu the responsibility of opposing Gouki once his own power was surpassed by Gouki. when was the last time ryu actually mentioned taking that responsiblity. Ryu is a selfish prick. all he does is roam around with his three moves and act like he's some true warrior. he doesn't fight for anyone. his reasons for fighting every fight were entirely selfish. he didn't fight bison in SF Alpha3 cuz he was concerned about what would become of the world. he just went on with his "fight is all" theory. he also spent 7 years of his life trying to tame his dark side just cuz he was too desperate to win fights.
true warrior...i don't think so.
Ryu is the one who is put up on this pedestle of greatness by Capcom. When was the last time you heard SNK showing off Terry, Kyo or anyone else as the "true warrior". Ryu is flawless in terms of character. Terry, Kyo and all others from SNK have their flaws. Terry is a bit careless and irresponsible. Kyo is a slacker. K' is anti social etc. Ryu even comes to every place on time though he doesn't have a watch, lol.

the FF movie isn't canon so no need to start on it. And even there, Terry was getting his ass schooled the whole time in FF3 and he got a royal pounding by Krauser the first time.

why should Terry lose to Rock? this isn't Ryu. terry doesn't lose to someone who happens to be a good. Him losing to Rock doesn't even make sense. Also didn't Ryu defeat Alex too. Alex is the new hero and still Ryu took the spot light. And here you are blaming Terry for beating Rock.
it doesn't even make sense.
"hey wait Rock! i taught you how to fight and even though you use the moves of the man whose ass i've kicked all the way to hell and though you are also using my own moves....you still win!"
lol.

okay go to gamefaq.com
type street fighter and in FAQ look for this thing called plot guide by this guy called Tiamat. All the CANON info is there.

though you may think that i am coming across as rude, know that it wasn't my intention. sorry if you were offended at any point.

~Sado.

Darkstorm Zero
Surviving is very different from not getting KOed... I doubt the Final Fight cast actually KILLED any of the mad gears during their cross city rumble besides belger since almost the entire Mad gear cast madeit into later apperances.

Your taking an awful lot away from Ryu, Sado. I know Ryu gets hugely overtorqued in most circles, but he is at the very least on par with the likes of Terry, Ryo and Kyo.

TricksterPriest
Ryo? roll eyes (sarcastic) Brain and a few others are going to pounce you for that one. I refuse to put Kyo and Ryo on the same level, let alone at Ryu's level. Ryo is not in the same tier as these guys. And Kyo had the plot device and teamwork, as I said in the ry vs. iori thread.

Ok Sado, for the last time, Ash himself said that Iori's blood riot actually weakened him this time, and that Iori was tired from beating Kyo&Shingo, not to mention fighting Magaki before that. Not exactly a fair fight, but then Ash is smart that way. Nobody has the effortary to say Ash could take Iori in a straight fight. He might be able to, but the odds say he winds up in traction instead.

2nd, the attack used on Sagat was the Metsu Shoryuken, a variation designed to tear through the enemy and kill them in a single blow. The shinshoryuken is not as powerful, for two reasons. 1, the attack is not designed to kill, and 2, despite Capcom's claim that Ryu is now equal to the power displayed by Evil Ryu, the satsui no hado exponentially increases the power of ansatsuken moves. So calling them equal is a misnominer. Who knows how strong Evil Ryu would be if he had chosen to embrace that path?

And last but not least, Hugo is rediculously strong, stronger than Zangief. Saying that he took the attack headon and still remained standing is a credit to him, not a black mark against Ryu. Hugo still lost the fight though. Sorry Brain, but he is right about the scar. Canon-wise, Sagat reached down to him, thinking he was out, when Ryu nailed him with the metsu shoryuken. A cheap shot of the worst kind.

Darkstorm Zero
I know, I know, but Ryo is still a "Hero" character...

Hugo wasn't "Standing" after being hit with it... he din't stonewall the damn thing, and Ryu doesn't set out to kill people Sado... that claim is now debunked. your point certainly would have been more pronounced if Ryu had actually tried to KILL him with it.

brainchild81

brainchild81

Sado22
hey hey, what's with you two going two-on-one here! laughing out loud

i don't recall saying that he IS NOT in parr with them. I've even mentioned that "Ryu vs Terry" is the one fight i'd die to see. Now where did you read me saying he isn't in parr with them.
*reads over all his posts*
no i didn't say that, did i.
I'm just saying the he'd lose to them. period. don't put words in my mouth. Ken lost to Ryu but he is still in parr with him...get my meaning?

funny how Ryu is actually sitting there on my top list as we speak. Where's terry on your list, brain?

i mentioned that.

mentioned that too.

the canon bit is Orochi Iori losing. However, didn't Ash's team defeat MAGaki since they are the hero team?

Hey, don't get me wrong, dude. All I'm saying is that he did defeat Orochi Iori ALONE which is a feet considering that in KoF 97 it took all the fighters to stop Orochi Iori. Considering he did in singlehandedly is pretty impressive....especially for a the ****** that he is.

it didn't kill Sagat though.
your claim regarding power difference can be contradicted by the fact that shungoukusatsu though designed to kill is weaker than kangoukongoretsuzan (damn i hate typing the name of this damn move...freakin tongue twister!) since AKuma calls it the ultimate move of his art.
and...I don't recall saying that Ryu in SF3 is as strong as Evil ryu. I even mentioned the age difference and said that he is as strong as the evil Ryu he became when he first entered the SF tournament (that being at the age of 23...my correction). again stop putting words in my mouth you two. all i know is that shinshoryuken is the strongest move that Ryu can do.

the point i'm trying to make here is that Hugo took that attack and didn't get KO'd even though he is NOT a godtier character. that is why IMO it suck for Ryu. If Akuma took it and survived I wouldn't pass a single comment. but a non god tier character who is not even part of a main storyline in nowaywhatsoever....please.

Sado22
man brainchild you just posted this shit the MOMENT i finished the above post laughing out loud
now i gotta post another one of these bigass bidges! mad
oh what the heck...i enjoy these things! comeon!

...... roll eyes (sarcastic) smartass.

doesn't really count as a hit since he takes you to hell evil face
don't know what you call it.

gouken mentioned this regarding their skill. the faq mentions ken taking up the red gi once he realizes that Ryu is more skilled (and if an arrogant prick like ken knew then sure as heck gouken knew it).

no-shit-sherlock! smokin'
will it be any consolation if i tell you taht terry HAS lost by time over. confused

before you were saying that Kyo, Iori and Ryu would cream Terry. once i mentioned some facts you start mentioning how he never loses is actually an implication taht SNK over power Terry.

No they were just fighting without any end in sight and terry was starting to get worked up badly by Yamazaki since terry was already in a hurry to stop the Jin twins.
keep in mind that Terry went on to fight the Jin twins in a two-on-one match RIGHT AFTER fighting yamafreaky!

err...Ash did beat him didn't he. say what you want but Berserk means "never ending rage taking over so that you don't feel pain or anything else aside from rage". if he don't feel pain i don't see him feeling tired either....but that's another story. lets NOT get into that, please.

MOTW ends with Rock joining the bad guy cuz he blackmails him (Rock's mom's actually alive and tells him that he'd tell him only if he takes up the syndicate as Geese's legacy and work with him). so not really bad....but not good either. Also Terry doesn't actually KNOW why Rock chose that....he only tells him that he believes in him and walks away.

agreed.

no, dude, i'm not heated...its so hard to get your tone across sometimes on the net. its cool with me in fact i'm kinda liking it in a way.

see ya around
~Sado.

brainchild81

Sado22

olympian
Awrigth, no more busy scheduale, ill answer to Brainchild now, since the discussion is going good:

olympian
And here it is, 15 min be dammed:

lol.There's nothing that points to the contrary is it? He's a natural meaning he might even be better unless you got some proof that he's worse. Many seem to think you can't have a plot device and be talented. Kyo can and is. Kyo has skill & plot device. Just because these others don't have the pd doesn't mean they have more skill than Kyo to compensate. However, if you have proof to this, then by all means present it.
I like seeing fights whether they're canon or not. I own the English version so far up to 5 but I missed 4 because I find the series entertaining & I thank you for showing that. That seems to be from issue 4. Can you get the rest of the fights from that one? I never said he loses to everyone all the time. Feel free to quote me if I have. I'm just trying to explain to you that Ryo vs. unfocused Ryu means nothing here regardless of whether he's not going all out or not or not. You seem to be not getting it. Are you saying that if we regarded this as canon that you would use this as evidence for Ryo in a Ryo vs Ryu match? If not, let's move on because we're both smart enough to realize this proves nothing other than that Ryo can beat Ryu when he's not focused. Whoop de do Bazil!! We might as well go crown Ryo the greatest fighter of all time now if he can accomplish that astounding feat. The Ryo victory parade will be held on Friday smile Remind me to show you the scans of the fight where Dan beats on Ryo. Ryo couldn't concentrate because he found out Yuri has "fire down below" & Robert said "bi**h ain't catch it from me man. Get the f**k out mah face!!". That wasn't a factor though because Dan wasn't going all out.
Ryo not focused = Dan not going all out. See that olympian? I can talk all crazy too laughing
Relax. I'm not trying to insult you, it's just that it's not important. If you were a gambler, would you put a grand on Ryo to win KOF because he participated in Burikai One? Hell to the No! It just don't carry that much weight. You haven't said that he won. I'm starting to think he lost.
I'm only concerned about if he created them or not. I only want proof. I'm not saying you're wrong. I just ain't sure if you're right. I don't have the card to translate that stuff. Can you copy & paste?
That's awesome. Still I'm asking you if he could beat them together. Great. & now for the proof?

1- In a storywise point id say it is, however, i guess its in the eye of the beholder. My take is that Kyo when he first showed up, relied alot more in his plot device to make him stand out that necessarily grand figthing skills like Terry or Geese.

2- If i find the quote ill post it. I got the impression that it was exactly what you meant. About the fight, it was a reaction to the impression the said quote left on me. If that was canon it would only mean they are in the same tier under that story. Not that you would agree with that either.

3- I think youll find that it was Ryu who *lost* to Dan after the latter received a certain training from a demon, but feel free to check it out.

4- I actually dont know if he did, truth to be told. That game is somewhat a rarity around the west. But thats not the point and here since im sure of what you said, i have to insist. You objected his place in the realm of SNK not regarding him as important. I just showed you that he does.

5- You dont need one. The planning and production team of both original franchises was the same. We know they designed both games and we know that for watherver the reason they left and created another game alike. They *invented* the style. They created it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Street_Fighter_%28video_game%29

6- Only with the correct teamwork. I dont view Shingo as a major factor other than providing number. If Shingo goes down early, Terry in my view, wins.

olympian
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Ryo? roll eyes (sarcastic) Brain and a few others are going to pounce you for that one. I refuse to put Kyo and Ryo on the same level, let alone at Ryu's level. Ryo is not in the same tier as these guys.
I also refuse to put Ryo and Kyo at the same level.

- - -

Shango, KOF MI, has Rock and terry as contemporaries?How old is Rock supossed to be? Falcoon at least said the game wasent suposse to dwell much in continuity but to be mainly fun. Hanjo shows up as well, and hes no contemporarie to anyone.

Dont know if it helps somehow, but besides the younger versions, some characters like Ryo and Terry have the older *correct ages type* versions.

2D_MASTER

Hey brain. There you are. You accused somebody's liking of a certain character of influcencing their decision. I dont want to start a dumb a$$ internet "fight", but I thought I'd show you, since you asked.

P-Geyser

brainchild81

brainchild81

P-Geyser
You're kinda proving my point though w/your 1st lines. Terry show = 1 person raised far above all others. Unless of course you can name somebody from FF who Terry wouldn't beat? Kyo & Iori show = @ least Kyo's sharing the spotlight and not hogging all the glory. They can actually get KOed once in a while. Terry never had to steal the spotlight in FF because it was focused on him & only him hard since day one. Next time you see the anime fight w/Kim & Terry. Time it. See how short of a time it took for Terry to beat him. See how unhurt Terry is too. I'm not sure about the other fights. I'd have to see the film again and I'd honestly rather not.

Wanted this in my last post: Grant's ending . Notice how him beating Kain is unusual in Grant's own opinion. Kain's the boss for a reason

Proving your point on what? My first line was stating how Terry never breezed past any of his opponents in the anime and in the game. Actually the Terry/Kim would have been longer(Noticing how they they did not show the entire fight) and Terry fighting Andy was much longer the brothers were fighting till almost night...I wish they could have shown the entire fight. Terry was exhausted when Fighting Andy and he was worn out when fighting Kim not to mention he was not in tip top shape after his fight with Krauser.

"I'm not sure about the other fights. I'd have to see the film again and I'd honestly rather not."

Good for you.

What does Kyo and Iori getting KOed have to do with them hogging the spotlight? At Least in MOTW'S as I have said Terry passed the torch to Rock even though as you claim he shares the spotlight with him. I really exepct to see Kyo as the main character in KOF again pushing the other fighters that dont have anything to do with Orochi behind.

Speaking on stealing the spotlight, Fatal Fury was focused on Terry yes the way AOF is focused on Ryo(well not 3)and SS focused on Haohmaru. I actually had no problem with Kyo back in 94 cause I believe I stated Terry cant always hog the spotlight. Though I am sorry when the Kyo and Iori deal surfaced, talk about attention.

P-Geyser
And it's never been stated that Kyo can curstomp Terry which I hear alot of.

Sado22
Man.....i just don't come here for 2 days and look how far this place has gone. Personally I'm up for everyone being entitled to their own opinion but whatever......this cowboy versus indians thing is getting pretty interesting....in its own twisted way.

The fight between terry and grant lasted for a LONG time. Rock was just a spectator so he had more than enough time to regroup after the schooling Terry gave him. IF Terry had enough power to take on grant solo even after fighting Rock, I think Rock would have enough stamina to fight Kain (considering he was sitting on his ass watching Terry fight that monstrous asswipe, grant).
As for Grant ending and that being proof that Kain is stronger, it should be noticed that they were probably equal. That is also an option isn't it. Kain continuously relies on Grant for everything, so i doubt Grant is weaker than Kain....and if he is, it probably isn't by too much. they're probably evenly matched that is why Grant is surprised that Kain actually got his ass kicked by him .
As for Kain killing Terry, don't even assume that Kain is stronger than Geese. Or NIghtmare Geese. Don't underestimate Terry ("you arrogant b@stard"wink. If Terry took out Nightmare Geese solo (Andy was KO'd half way down the road) i think Kain isn't too much of a problem...of course he'd pound Terry around the whole place but to say he'd beat him....nah.
Grant IS the Akuma of the series. whether or not they're evenly matched remains to be seen though if Grant can shake the earth by simply powering up......i think he can at least give Akuma a run for his money.
Rock was too pissed to look tired. he had just unleashed a deadlier version of Geese's deadly rave SDM to finally beat Kain as he was getting his ass schooled and was too desperate to know of his lineage. Besides NO HERO looks tired in their ending. did you ever see ryu catching a breather in his ending? laughing out loud
Terry wasn't catching a breather either in his FF2 ending. its just the way it is mang. get real.

Love & Peace.
~Sado

brainchild81

olympian

P-Geyser

brainchild81

P-Geyser
"Zaki it seems should be able to beat him, but we know SNK'd never let that happen. Geese? How many times has he fought Terry & how many times have he stalemated him? Never heard of Sakako. Who's lil bro is he?"

I meant Ryuji stalemating not beating since you asked me....Sakaku is cool character in FF 3. The little Bro I was mentioning was Andy.

"Nah. They've been laid out b4. Unlike some heroes."

Who has Iori been laid out by other than getting his powers swiped from Ash.

"Which doesn't seem to make any sense & points to a serious case of Terry bias"

Ah but once again you made the mistake. I THINK he can take him not that "Terry beats Bison by the skin of his teeth"....thats just like saying

"Terry has a very slight chance against Kyo. Terry just ain't getting it done against Iori. More experienced, yes. More powerful? Hell to the no!!" Thats Kyo and MOST DEFINATLEY IORI BIASED.

"And? Terry shined @ the expense of FF too."

Ah but FF was centered around Terry's story. I gave you a scenerio if it had been Terry robbing Kyo's spotlight. KOF is centered around Kyo' story I get that the problem is characters that are important get sidelined. You state how Terry hogs the spotlight in FF.....the only difference is Kyo hogged the spotlight from characters that were well established and made there own mark such as Terry and Ryo.

"hich considering how Terry's never beaten regular Iori and how Terry apparently needed to be in a group of fighters to take O.Iori down & how O.Iori's beaten down a man Terry's only managed to stalemate(kyo) makes perfect sense........to the Terry biased I think you had him beating regular Rugal(not sure though) & I'm quite sure you've said other Terry biased statements. I can find them if need be. I've got nothing against you but if I said you weren't Terry biased I'd be making a falsehood. Yeah I'm quick to defend Iori. Iori gets severely underestimated here.

Bull. You constantly state that Terry has never beaten Kyo and Iori but by the same token those two have never taken out Terry. It sounds to me you are saying this due to Sado's statements....Sadou is cool and even he understands that people's opinions differ from his. As for me and my so called "Terry Biasm" I guess it's great to hear that Iori can decimate the entire KOF cast that are not boss characters...........really. I can also do some digging if need be.

"I've got nothing against you but if I said you weren't Terry biased I'd be making a falsehood."

Same thing to you my friend but put Iori's name there instead of Terry's.

"Yeah Im quick to defend Iori"

I am quick to defend Terry.

"Iori gets severely underestamated here"

I believe we went through all of this before. You know ONE SITE...Iori being the best voted KOF character on playmores own website....the many cosplays...the guy that goes through teams in the comics the way 10 obese people go through a white castle.

brainchild81

Sado22
me too. now leave Terry Bogard alone you stupid cowboy! mad

agreed but what is different is that Kain and Grant have known each other since they were kids. as a child Kain was a weak little pussball and it was only later that somehow he worked his way up or something. Grant on the other hand was always devastatingly strong. so that is where my theory comes up from. of course, you could be right too.

if you look at my site, i actually stated that Terry would lose to Akuma. Though Terry has held his own against godtier characters even under 2-on-1 conditions (him fighting the jin twins). so there you go...i agree Akuma is probably too much for Terry to handle given how Capcom over rate that stupid red haired, dark skinned fruitcake (reference to Akuma's gayass ponytail). I just said that Grant can give Akuma a tough time given his strength which is also makes it come across as godtier.

now i know you're lying!
Ryu never any tournament to begin with, save SF1 laughing out loud
but seriously though...the only hero i ever saw catching his breath was haohmaru after his fight with whatshisname.....amakusa.

oh come to think of it, it just hit me right now:
Iori has never been defeated since KoF 95. Kyo and Iori's fights have been stalemate and some SNK person even stated, and it is common fan agreement (save some kyo fanboys) that Iori always has the upper hand in their fights until something comes up.
in KoF 97, iori even as a solo guy ploughed through all teams and reached the final to fight Kyo and his team.
in KoF 99, the only reason why K' got the spot light was because canonwise Iori and Kyo never took part in it. same with KoF 2000.
KoF 2001 had Kyo, Iori and K' defeat Ignitz. it was like KoF 97 but this time the fray included K' as well.
KoF 2003 again Kyo, Iori and Chizuru weren't beaten as a team they just went away to check out the broken seal where homo-lesbian-faggoty-queer boy ASH showed up and stole that useless chizuru's power.
KoF XI had Iori lose to ASH, though according to your analysis the only reason was that he was tired after putting away Kyo and Shingo.

so going with the sequence of your "terry criticsim" the most overrated mofo is Iori then isn't it?
just a thought. feel free to explain urself.

See ya around.
~Sado.

brainchild81

Sado22

brainchild81

Remulous
How can someone hate Iori? I wonder who an Iori hater would like?

P-Geyser
what?! billy stronger than iori! bwahahahahahahahaha....oh wait...

BWAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

to thnk such people exist.
as for the whole flame thing many people think that just because Kyo and Iori's blood line is "special" then they have more stamina. the only thing special about their bloodline is that they have flames...natural flames. that is all. the rest is all bull...probably made up some bitter non-kyo-iori fans who can't come up with something else.
terry can never beat shingo and Kyo if they are double teaming him. if kyo and he had a draw on every occassion then the thought of even someone as lame as shingo joined in the fray means an edge of Kyo's side. same goes if Terry and blue mary fight Kyo. Terry's side will come out of this one. its just simple logic.

I told you Sado. As much as Terry fans get talked about here...if you happen to talk about Terry beating Kyo and Iori there is a big whoopty do. As well apparently having learned techinqes and dealing with Expeirence dosent mean sh!t when compared to someone who is a natural.

P-Geyser
Actually it was I that encountered BC first with the Terry hate long before I started talking about Iori.

P-Geyser

P-Geyser
"terry can never beat shingo and Kyo if they are double teaming him. if kyo and he had a draw on every occassion then the thought of even someone as lame as shingo joined in the fray means an edge of Kyo's side."

Wow that is a suprise Sado. Now that you state Terry will lose to both Kyo and Shingo, I am sure now there will be a huge fiesta and dancing in the streets.

Sado22
well KoF has very solid cast. they've got some really cool characters so there are lots of characters that people can like besides Iori.
Terry, Kyo, K', Alba, Ryo, Geese......and the list goes on.

well i was looking at it logically. if x=y on every occassion then 'x' is not equal to 'y+z'.

see its a little confusing. SNK never actually mentions who beat who...aside from maybe the main characters.
on the one hand Terry's team has been said to reach the finals SINCE KoF 94 all the way till KoF 99. so it must include KoF 97 as well. this would mean that they crossed Iori.
there is the other option that Kyo's team took out Iori since Kyo and Iori probably winded up having a draw as usual and since Iori was solo he was out while Kyo probably had his teammates left.
there is yet another option that Iori didn't even fight Terry's team and instead ploughed through the art of fighting team.
so you really can't say....there seems to be conflicting ideas since SNK never mentions who won and who lost.

the common notion is that Iori and Kyo's team were supposed to face in the finals of KoF97. Canon wise, twoards the finals Iori went Riot (along with Leona). from then on all the fighters joined in the fray to stop him which they eventually did. then the Orochi face team came in and then orochi himself. KoF 97 was just a huge mess.

so...maybe the finals never even took place since it was "towards the final rounds of the tournament". know what I'm saying?

see ya
~Sado.

P-Geyser
well KoF has very solid cast. they've got some really cool characters so there are lots of characters that people can like besides Iori.
Terry, Kyo, K', Alba, Ryo, Geese......and the list goes on.

well i was looking at it logically. if x=y on every occassion then 'x' is not equal to 'y+z'.

see its a little confusing. SNK never actually mentions who beat who...aside from maybe the main characters.
on the one hand Terry's team has been said to reach the finals SINCE KoF 94 all the way till KoF 99. so it must include KoF 97 as well. this would mean that they crossed Iori.
there is the other option that Kyo's team took out Iori since Kyo and Iori probably winded up having a draw as usual and since Iori was solo he was out while Kyo probably had his teammates left.
there is yet another option that Iori didn't even fight Terry's team and instead ploughed through the art of fighting team.
so you really can't say....there seems to be conflicting ideas since SNK never mentions who won and who lost.

the common notion is that Iori and Kyo's team were supposed to face in the finals of KoF97. Canon wise, twoards the finals Iori went Riot (along with Leona). from then on all the fighters joined in the fray to stop him which they eventually did. then the Orochi face team came in and then orochi himself. KoF 97 was just a huge mess.

so...maybe the finals never even took place since it was "towards the final rounds of the tournament". know what I'm saying?

see ya
~Sado.

Great breakdown Sado. About the Kyo vs Iori deal... as I stated it would usually end in stalemate though on Kyo's profile it states that he and Iori are going to have to finish it once and for all. I think SNK wants to avoid that seeing how Iori's fanbase is probably the largest out of any SNK character. By that I think they dont want him to lose to Kyo.

TricksterPriest
Somehow, I think Falcoon complicated the issue more than any of the stupid continuity gaffs. First Iori beats down Kyo and Shingo after beating Magaki, then Ash jacks his flames. And to complicate it more, Ash says that Iori was actually weakened by the riot of blood. Hold up. If he was weakened to less than his normal abilities, and he still beat those 2, isn't that giving him too much favoritism. Yes, Kyo&Shingo were weakened, but so was Iori. The riot puts a strain on his body, which is why he coughs up blood and why his clan used to die young pre-KOF97.

If anything, (and I can't believe I'm saying this), this jobs Iori and Kyo. Iori is overhyped cause he beat those 2, a feat that according to Ash and our information was very peculiar. And it jobs Kyo for losing to Iori on a handicap.

Sado22
quoted for the truth. Falcoon is a jackass.
if weakened state Iori could rape Kyo AND Shingo then that means Iori would rape Kyo (no kyo-iori yaoi implications mind you!). i liked it better when they had the whole "fated to battle but fate is taking its sweet time" battle thing. something always popped up making them forget about their feud in order to deal with the mencae.

however some SNK people have been quoted to say that between the two, Iori, is infact the one who has the upperhands in all their fights to date.

As tickster says the ending for XI was bad because:

Riot Iori>>shingo AND Kyo.
Iori>>Riot Iori (according to Ash)
Ash>>Riot Iori

Hence

Ash>>Kyo

lets see what Kyo has in store for KoF XII.

TricksterPriest
My problem isn't Iori beating Kyo. I know he's a better fighter than him. It's the dumbass way Falcoon set it up. And having read the Kyo manga, I dunno about the yaoi part...... The way Iori acts and obsession he has with Kyo.... it could get weird..... sick

Sado22
agreed. though i think Ash saga is really interesting (nest saga sucked) the battle of destiny between kyo and iori got kinda ruined now that we know who the better fighter is and that why SNK has been avoiding the two having an undisturbed fight all along.

sick
man after all this yaoi and ryu-terry-bison-geese orgy talk i think i need to watch regular porn all over again

*be back in half an hour*
laughing

brainchild81

P-Geyser

brainchild81

Sado22
wanne let me in on those "five people"? i'd like to see what you think.

i hope its not Ryo cuz i'll personally shoot you mad
laughing out loud

brainchild81
Nah. If it was I'd load up the gun for you. smile Terry's SNK'S most original & respectable hero. Ryo's the most unoriginal & least respectable. Ken,Ryu,Kyo,Iori & he stalemates w/Rock(for now but if the young but talented beyond his years fighter is allowed to develop as he should he'll be beating every person involved in this post).

P-Geyser

P-Geyser
You know since Terry has to lose here then I think we should add

Terry will lose to...

Ryu
Ken
Sagat
Akuma
Kyo
Iori
O.Iori
K
Rock Howard
Geese
Shingo
Benimaru
Goro
and all versions of Rugal.

This looks very pleasing now dosent it?....so Terry loses. big grin Happy Dance (brings out the party favors)

brainchild81

TricksterPriest
In case you two didn't notice, the nature of Iori's recent defeat of Kyo knocks him off his golden pillar. Iori was at less than his normal power, much less the boost he normally has with the blood riot. So, if they were all at 50% of their power following magaki, then Kyo&Shingo got beat by a weakened Iori when according to Brain, Iori only stalemated with Kyo previously. Now, I like Iori better than Kyo. I despise Kyo, but this is bull. The way Falcoon set this up is almost as bad as Alba Meira. However, it gives P-Geyser a club to use on you. If a weakened Iori beat Kyo and Shingo like that, then Terry has a more than fair chance of beating Kyo. And he might actually beat Kyo&Shingo. As for O. Iori vs. Terry, here's one key reason why Terry can win. O. Iori is blood stupid. He's a berserker, which means he can't think. So, Terry could outsmart him. Hell, Geese could also beat O. Iori. He's an extremely smart fighter and the atemi nage would let him wear O. Iori out, not to mention the raging storm.

yes, I was saying that O. Iori could beat Terry, but I thought about it and comapred the way Iori and O. Iori fight, canon-wise. (Not counting gameplay, talking about storywise.) O. Iori has never shown the ability to reason or think. In exchange for his mind and control, he gains a massive power boost normally and a drive to kill everything in front of him. This time, he didn't get the boost. So, this makes Iori far weaker than normal, since without the power boost, blood riot is useless. Ash said he was weaker, and to top it off, they were all at less than half their normal powers to begin with. Thanks to Falcoon, the following equation now holds, with canon evidence to support it. Terry>Iori>Kyo. Kyo&Iori used to be equal, but later Kyo turned out to weaker than Iori. Kyo was supposed to be able to hold his own against the likes of Terry. Therefore, Terry is more powerful than Kyo&Iori.

Top that. smokin'

brainchild81
laughing Kyo IMO ain't never been equal to Iori. Kyo had been "saved by the bell" in his fights w/him. Kyo @ worst is = Terry So the equation remains Iori>Kyo>Terry. O.Iori can think, but it's only about hurtin' & killin' folk. I would't let him do my taxes, but so far he's gotten by just fine as far as hurting folk goes. Geese (as he should be, not the way SNK seems to job him out to every good guy he fights) should be able to hold Iori off until help arrives or find a way to escape. This is like fighting a really fast bear that knows martial arts. Few things are as bad as Alba

brainchild81
& I have to see exactly what Ash said in English. Was Iori weak 'cause of the fighting so much, or because that other power Ash stole was used to seal Orochi? & I think O.Iori had reason enough to not attack Kyo when fighting Orochi

P-Geyser

P-Geyser
"Almost. Take Shingo, Beni, Goro & K' off & put like Goenitz on there or something. Then it'll be party time bro"

Nah those fighters belong there. And we should toast to Iori's victories.

Lets see Iori can beat

Terry
Ryo
Ken
The Whole FATAL FURY,AOF,PS and IK cast.
Ryu
Bison
Geese
Yamazaki
Goku
Vegeta
Broly.......yeah man you know he can wink laughing

I can see Iori using Triple H's saying....I am THE Yagami...because I am that DAMN GOOD!!

Sado22
Man.....you guys need to know about the immortal words of Vash the Stampede. now be good boys and repeat this after me:

This world

is only made of

LOVE AND PEACE!!!

say it:
love and peace
love and peace
love and peace
smokin'

anyway

well its nice to see that at least you're not taking that away from Terrysmile

Now lets analyze your comment. needless to say feel free to argue.

Ryu vs. Terry:
comparing their experience, Terry's been on the streets since he was 10. Ryu only knew dojo fighting till he was 23 (SF1). 23 onwards he's fought on the streets. so experience wise, Terry>Ryu.
next comes their careers. we are comparing prime Ryu (33) to prime Terry (35). canon wise Ryu was defeated by all god tier characters, Bison, Rose, Akuma, Oro. he was also beaten by the regular tough characters like Ken, Sagat, and possibly Hugo too. Canonwise, Terry is still unbeaten in his illustrious 25 year fighting career spanning from the age of 10 to 35. Canonwise Terry is unbeaten and has even fought god tier characters like Geese, Jin twins (which was a two on one fight) and even Yamazaki (believe it or not he is actually god tier in the FF world KO almost the whole cast and still fighting Terry to stalemate. he is toned down in KoF world for a reason that is bizarre). In RB, apparenly as said, Terry finally defeated Yamazaki cuz he HAD to stop Geese from getting the scrolls. so career wise, Terry>Ryu.
Next comes power and speed. Terry is famous for his speed and power. His shining knuckle is literally a blur. rising tackle is really fast. even comparing their speeds in SNK vs Capcom and Capcom VS SNK, Terry's moves are A LOT faster than Ryu's. Of course Ryu fan boys would whine now that i'm comparing them in game so there now i'll stop. Terry is famous for his speed. Ryu, even canonwise, is slower as opposed to some of the other characters and is said to be more powerbased. Terry is famous for POWER AND SPEED. Terry is more balanced between the two extremes of combat while Ryu is only powerful and not terribly fast. Terry, as mentioned, has the ability to literally move like a blur. so in this department too, Terry>Ryu. have i mentioned unbeaten yet?
fighting heart. Ryu's been defeated. period. also in times when he was faced with mental turmoil he gave in. when bison was trying to possess him, ryu, the true warrior, gave in. anytime he fought people tougher than him he lost. Terry on the other hand never even let the dark side come NEAR him. he never gave up even when facing godtier characters and always pushed on. that is "heart". ryu doesn't have that much heart...mainly cuz he's a selfish and pursues fighting for selfish reasons. he doesnt fight for anyone.
Personality. nothing to say here. should also be mentioned that while ryu fanboys would always rub in our face that Ryu is true warrior, the bottom line is that Terry never:
-cheap shotted anyone to win
-was never so desperate to win a fight to fall to new lows
-had trouble with his dark side like 24/7 for years (ryu's dark hadou bullshit spanned from 23 to 25)
-isn't selfish and fights for himself. terry fights for others as well. his reason for fighting were never, solely, self possessed.

so from all standards, the way i see it, Terry is the true warrior. he didn't do the above and also
-dedicated his whole life to fighting
-disciplined himself enough to stay focused only on fighting instead of "must win at all cost".
-though defeated by time over/stalemated against, terry stayed focused and even a good champion by congradulating his opponents.
-he also has the personality and heart to raise his sworn enemy's son. ryu doesn't even remember what gouken told him about stopping gouki. shame.

so....if he can beat ryu. I think Ken, who is less skilled, will also be defeated. more on the rest in the next post.

Sado22
what he's saying makes sense. Ash and terry did face each other in KoF2003 according to some sources (apparenlty Kyo, Iori and CHizuru either left the tournament to inspect the broken seal or were never there to begin with. i believe the former). terry wasn't beaten so i assume its another draw or timeover loss for the bogard boy. going with that equation if Terry=Ash, then Terry could also take out Orochi Iori.
if orochi iori>Kyo&Shingo
then
Terry>Orochi Iori>Kyo.
so trickster is making perfect sense since he's looking at it logically. brianchild, no offense, but i think you didn't see his logic before.

as for the five people you mentioned. well i've told you what i think is logical argument regarding Terry vs. Ryu and Terry vs. Ken. now lets look at Kyo and Terry:
i dont see why this looks to be so hard.
firstly, the only time SNK actually mentioned to two fighting, we discovered that it was a stalemate. since then both have faced in countless KoF battles for four years consecutively and Terry would still be called unbeaten wolf. hmmm....so....i guess saying Kyo>Terry would be an overstatement since they've both stalemated against the other. and from trickster's post kinda sheds some light on their comparison now.

Terry VS Iori:
more or less same as above. terry has been known to have fought Iori as well and came out unbeaten. here is where it gets confusing since Iori from KoFXI logic definitely>>Kyo. so why would Terry and Iori be '='.
the answer is simple, IMO. terry has been mentioned to have been defeated only by time over. since he and Kyo stalemated, and Iori>Kyo, then probably those time over losses were against Iori. this is logically speaking. no doubt, i'd love to say Terry would out survive Iori which would probably be true. but going with the logic of Iori beating him by time over gives Iori the edge.
of all the people you mention here, Iori MAY be the one who could take out Terry. However, given Terry's record against godtier characters does give him some points too. so saying either will defeat the other can only be a speculation. both their careers show them to be tough, odd surviving mother****ers.
however, looking at logic, your claim has a possibility of being true.

Rock VS. Terry:
storywise, terry doesn't even take Rock that seriously and always calls him "rookie" even before their fights much to Rock's charging. syaing Rock>terry sounds like a biased comment on your part honestly. its the type of stuff that fans say. but lets analyze.
Terry taught Rock how to fight. he knows how rock fights since he's the one who taught him. needless to say Terry's more experienced. more skilled too.
rock uses his moves and the moves of the man who even on godtier status lost to Terry (Geese). nothing new for terry...but of course nothing new for ROck too in that respect. so this argument doesn't stand.

however, it is said that Terry beat him before fighting grant. other sources claim otherwise.
frankly i don't see Rock beating terry since rock, thus far, is placed at Billy Kane's level (MI2). Terry>>>>>>>>BIlly on every occassion even as a 20 year old punk in FF1. So it clearly shows that Terry and Rock are way apart as far as level is concerned.
of course in time Rock will be skilled enough to possibly take the torch from Terry (terry passed the torch to rock by letting him go on to face Kain...but rock hasn't TAKEN it from Terry so to speak). interestnly Terry is at his peak now. if ever MOTW2 comes out terry will be past his prime which might give Rock the edge. of course, there is the possibility of "videogame fighters" who seem to only get better with age. not to mention MOTW's catch line IS, legends don't grow old they only get better. all in all it might even result in a worse spanking for rock!
all remains to be seen i guess.
now though, Terry>Rock as evidence shows.

see ya dude.
~Sado.

P.S. p-geyser and you should consider how new year and christmas is coming up. its time for love and peace!smile

Emperor Ashtar
Okay, what the hell happened?

I might have to read this thread just to see how it became word wars.

Emperor Ashtar
Alot of the characters besides Terry have a good shot of beating Iori.

Terry,Ryo(Even though you hate him)Yamazaki,Geese,Yashiro(Iori would most likley win)Takuma as Mr Karate have more than a good shot of beating Iori.
I have to agree with this, is there really a reason to put iori over these guys?

brainchild81

brainchild81

brainchild81
what he's saying makes sense. Ash and terry did face each other in KoF2003 according to some sources (apparenlty Kyo, Iori and CHizuru either left the tournament to inspect the broken seal or were never there to begin with. i believe the former). terry wasn't beaten so i assume its another draw or timeover loss for the bogard boy. going with that equation if Terry=Ash, then Terry could also take out Orochi Iori.
if orochi iori>Kyo&Shingo
then
Terry>Orochi Iori>Kyo.
so trickster is making perfect sense since he's looking at it logically. brianchild, no offense, but i think you didn't see his logic before.smile none taken. TP seems to be forgetting what he said earlier about Kyo & Shingo also being weakened. & We still don't know how Iori was weakened exactly. If Terry was a match for O.Iori, when the others were teaming up to stop him Terry would have had them stand back so he could take care of it himself. Terry vs. regular Iori & we have a debate. Terry vs. O.Iori & we have another murder on Iori's record IMO. I have to hear about Terry/Ash 1st hand. I'd be rooting for Terry since I hate Ash, but I'm not sure if Terry can beat him or not.

as for the five people you mentioned. well i've told you what i think is logical argument regarding Terry vs. Ryu and Terry vs. Ken. now lets look at Kyo and Terry:
i dont see why this looks to be so hard.
firstly, the only time SNK actually mentioned to two fighting, we discovered that it was a stalemate. since then both have faced in countless KoF battles for four years consecutively and Terry would still be called unbeaten wolf. hmmm....so....i guess saying Kyo>Terry would be an overstatement since they've both stalemated against the other.True. That's why I said Kyo>Terry & not Kyo >Terry. I'm thinking Terry might have been saved by the bell in his fights w/Kyo & especially Iori. Speculation though. Kyo's beaten Rugal. Rugal IMO >>Terry

Terry VS Iori:
more or less same as above. terry has been known to have fought Iori as well and came out unbeaten. here is where it gets confusing since Iori from KoFXI logic definitely>>Kyo. so why would Terry and Iori be '='.
the answer is simple, IMO. terry has been mentioned to have been defeated only by time over. since he and Kyo stalemated, and Iori>Kyo, then probably those time over losses were against Iori. this is logically speaking. no doubt, i'd love to say Terry would out survive Iori which would probably be true. but going with the logic of Iori beating him by time over gives Iori the edge.Yeah & there must have been time losses for Terry to Kyo as well which would explain why Kyo gets farther than Terry does.

however, looking at logic, your claim has a possibility of being true.
I seriously doubt that. Even PG says Iori was voted the best of KOF. I do however think Terry's waaaaay more popular here.

Rock VS. Terry:
storywise, terry doesn't even take Rock that seriously and always calls him "rookie" even before their fights much to Rock's charging. syaing Rock>terry sounds like a biased comment on your part honestly.Nah. Even if Rock beat the s**t outta Terry. Terry could still call Rock a rookie 'cuz he is one. Hell Kushnood & many on the MOTW cast could still call Rock a rookie. Regardless of his obvious talent, he's a rookie. Him being a rookie is what makes his skill & power seem so awesome. If he went back in time & fought Terry @ Rocks own age level, he'd beat the mess out of him.

its the type of stuff that fans say. but lets analyze.
Terry taught Rock how to fight. he knows how rock fights since he's the one who taught him.To an extent. Rock seems to be capable to suddenly pull out moves from Geese(NDR) that it seems he hasn't been taught if the situation calls for it.

needless to say Terry's more experienced. more skilled too.exp. yes. Skill not so sure. Rock's got a hybrid of Terry's moves AND Geeses. Terry has only Terry's. Rock's got counters and the evac toss. He also seems to be faster. Originally posted by Sado22
however, it is said that Terry beat him before fighting grant. other sources claim otherwise.
frankly i don't see Rock beating terry since rock, thus far, is placed at Billy Kane's level (MI2). Terry>>>>>>>>BIlly on every occassion even as a 20 year old punk in FF1. So it clearly shows that Terry and Rock are way apart as far as level is concerned.Nah. Terry beat BK years ago. They've both gotten better since. & Billy's there to try & get Rock to take over the Geese empire. They ain't on the same level though. Kain>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Billy. & Rock still beat him down.

Sado22
Rose beat Bison back in SFalpha2...believe it or not and that too in a fair fight as much as it disgusts me. its canon.
hugo, i'm just using logic. if ryu couldn't stop him with his strongest move, then i doubt any other move would do the trick. get my point? i never said its canon...i just said what i think. of course i could be wrong.

Geese IS THE MOST BADASS boss ever. period.
Ryo beat Geese when geese was still not a master of koppojustsu (his present art) and Geese was as old as Ryo that time. he was still not that badass, godtier mother****er that he is now.....or was till terry tossed his ass off the tower. but you get my meaning? Ryo beat a young, not so polished, over confident Geese. I mean back then he only had "reppuken" of his present movelist. nothing other than that.
also Geese>Krauser later on though during FF1 and FF2, Krauser>Geese. later on after FF3, Geese>Krauser (which is why he leads the boss team in KoF96).

in the fatal fury world, Terry NEVER had help from anyone. only with the jintwins it was a help in a round about way cuz geese stealing the scrolls weakened the twins but they were still godtier. ANd besides it was two on one. two godtiers fighting Terry and terry not giving up gives him some credit. also he did eventually outlast them didn't he. two really, really strong people together is godtier is it not. Terry still pulled through and defeated them both.
Ryu had the dark hadou back his butt up in SF1.
ryu took on and LOST to akuma, though i take nothing away from him on this occassion.
ryu took on Bison along with Ken, Sakura and Sagat that finally made him run away. alone he got owned.

yes it does. i agree.
however, Terry has faced all sorts of naturals and weird asses in the kof team. IMO you're not giving Terry his due when you say he is facing inferior competition to that of Ryu.
Ryu has mostly faced that "not" godtier characters.
say what you want, but sagat is not godtier like Nightmare Geese and ryu still lost.
Nor has Ryu ever been double teamed like how Terry was with the jin twins.
Ryu lost to Akuma. Terry beat with Grant.

more to come later....friend is here. gotta run! later dude.

~Sado.

TricksterPriest
You're being facetious. In reverse order: You CANNOT compare Grant and Akuma. That's a joke. Grant is badass, but he's nowhere near as tough as Gouki.

Frankly, the jin twins are overrated IMO. Don't consider them God-tier.

Nightmare Geese.... not canon. But even with how good Terry is, I'm not sure he would win that one. Btw, in Real Bout:FF, Krauser is actually stronger than Geese.

Yes, Ryu did beat Hugo. The shinshoryuken may not have laid him out or killed him, but it wasn't designed for that. And I bet you Hugo was having a little trouble standing after that. That he was still standing is impressive, but it's abit like a TKO. It definetly took a toll on him.

Rose beating Bison.... I saw her ending in SFA2. Bison got back up and whupped her. I'm still having a hard time believing she beat Bison.

Gouken told Ryu not to pursue Gouki and let himself be consumed by satsui no hado. Given that, I'd say he'd approve more of Ken than Ryu. Ironic, a martial arts master telling his students to get a life instead of train. laughing

Yes, I actually think Terry has a 50/50 shot of beating Ryu. Same odds for Ken. I put Ken&Ryu at approximately the same level not counting satsui no hado. Ryu is somewhat better than Ken, but the difference isn't that big. Plus, Ryu's blueballs will make him lose from stress. laughing Guy needs to get laid so he can stop being sto stodgy.

'Zaki was a beast in FF. Maybe even more powerful than Krauser and Geese. Terry beat him, but it was a uphill battle.

About my theory. I didn't neglect the general weakness. But I looked at it this way. If Iori could do that at less than 50% power, with the blood riot handicap, then he could do it at full power. They were all at approximately the same level of exhaustion. Iori was worse off because of the riot taking a toll on his body and weakening him further. So yes, Terry has a shot of beating Kyo&Shingo. He might, he might not. He has the advantage of not being blood stupid and experience. Though, O. Iori has considerable endurance and dogged persistance.

Ok, one thing pisses me off. You keep bringing up how Kyo beat Rugal. That was a team effort. 2nd, Rugal was fighting everyone else, so he was a bit drained. I think Rugal got jobbed. Chizuru herself said that they didn't beat Rugal in 95'. He self-destructed, but he was beating almost the entire 95's roster. Guy got screwed over.

As for the title fight, I like Terry, but Ryo brings him down. Not to mention Kyo&Iori have good teamwork. Ryo beat a young Geese, but that Geese wasn't a master at that point, so that doesn't count as really beating down Mr. Atemi Nage.

Last point: Don't see Rock beating Terry. Terry taught him his moves and how to fight. Maybe in about 5 years at least, he could beat Terry in a close match. Because I agree. The kid is the future and a fighting prodigy. But it will be some time before he can beat the lonely wolf.

Emperor Ashtar
About rose beating bison, he didn't have the psycho drive at the time, so, it's not too surprising. She won by a margin, I believe.

Darkstorm Zero
Rose beat Bison back in SFalpha2...believe it or not and that too in a fair fight as much as it disgusts me. its canon.
hugo, i'm just using logic. if ryu couldn't stop him with his strongest move, then i doubt any other move would do the trick. get my point? i never said its canon...i just said what i think. of course i could be wrong.

Rose never fully defeated Bison, the Alpha 1 ending was retconned, and the Alpha 2 ending never took place because of the events of Alpha 3.

And I beleive the Hugo thing was already explained... Don't bring that up again please... What makes you think Terry's Power Strem would work any better?

ryu took on Bison along with Ken, Sakura and Sagat that finally made him run away. alone he got owned.

Which shows you Bison's unearthly power, not Ryu's weakness... I'm not sure if you realise this, but when Bison had the Psycho Drive, he could match almost anyone you could name from any SNK made fighting game short of Orochi.

yes it does. i agree.
however, Terry has faced all sorts of naturals and weird asses in the kof team. IMO you're not giving Terry his due when you say he is facing inferior competition to that of Ryu.
Ryu has mostly faced that "not" godtier characters.
say what you want, but sagat is not godtier like Nightmare Geese and ryu still lost.
Nor has Ryu ever been double teamed like how Terry was with the jin twins.
Ryu lost to Akuma. Terry beat with Grant.

Please tell me your not comparing grant to Akuma..... There is just no way grant compares to Akuma.

And lets not forget, Ryu did defeat Akuma once too... And he is the one that used the Shoryuken that put Alpha 3 Bison down, tag team or not.

And if you want to talk about win/loss records, how come Terry hasn't been seen in a KOF final match for the past 12 years?

Emperor Ashtar
alpha 3 doesn't retcon any event in alpha 2, with the exception of charlie's death.

Darkstorm Zero
Alpha 3 events take precedence, if Rose had stopped Bison in Alpha 2, then everything that happened in alpha 3 would never have happened.

Emperor Ashtar
Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
Alpha 3 events take precedence, if Rose had stopped Bison in Alpha 2, then everything that happened in alpha 3 would never have happened.

What are you talking about, bison comes back in the very same ending.
Here

she defeats him and he ressurects, like I said all endings in alpha 2 are canon excluding charlies. Also, alpha 3 doesn't override alpha 2. It just takes place after it, it's an epilogue to the first street fighter.

Darkstorm Zero
My bad... I got alpha 1 and Alpha 2 mixed up... (Thats what I get for playing Anthologies till 4 in the morning... stick out tongue )

Emperor Ashtar
My bad... I got alpha 1 and Alpha 2 mixed up... (Thats what I get for playing Anthologies till 4 in the morning... stick out tongue )

When is capcom going to make another street fighter, let alone another good game. Games now a days are dissapointments.

Darkstorm Zero
I want to know this too, but it's been years now since 3rd strike, and no new word has come out of Capcom... I often wonder if they are actually considering scrapping Street Fighter all together....

Emperor Ashtar
I want to know this too, but it's been years now since 3rd strike, and no new word has come out of Capcom... I often wonder if they are actually considering scrapping Street Fighter all together....

Wow, if they scrap street fighter then I've lost my intrest in video games. the only thing that even holds my intrest in gaming overall is team ninja. Video Games have become a gimmick.

P-Geyser

P-Geyser
Originally posted by Emperor Ashtar
Okay, what the hell happened?

I might have to read this thread just to see how it became word wars.

Well BC claiming that I am not logical and now as I read I am insane according to him.

Emperor Ashtar
Can someone give me a legitimate reason as to why Iori and kyo are perceved to be stronger than terry?

P-Geyser
"P.S. p-geyser and you should consider how new year and christmas is coming up. its time for love and peace!"

Yeah man...good point. I will try to stop with the word wars but he needs to stop with his assumptions of me stating how I cant take it if a character I like loses which is not the case as well as his "being logical" statements. Though I have to ask man about the Terry and Shingo deal. Wouldn't Terry's experience be enough for him to get rid of Shingo quick?

Shingo is no were near Terry's level or Kyo's for that matter. Wouldn't Terry just be able to get rid of him fast than deal with Kyo?. If it were Terry fighting Kyo and Iori I would say it's a different story(guess that statement was not logical)just curious though.

Though are you actually sure Terry and Kyo stalemated?....cause it does not state that on the other sites I have checked. It does state the Japan Team have won but I read somewhere else that it is the women's team that faced Kyo's team in the finals...since Terry and Ryo stalemated. I believe you know who Kailu Lantis is...if not he is the guy who wrote the KOF faqs and even he said he used his best judgement and he never stated that Kyo did infact actually defeated Terry Bogard.

P-Geyser
Originally posted by Emperor Ashtar
Can someone give me a legitimate reason as to why Iori and kyo are perceved to be stronger than terry?

Well form alot of the Kyo and Iori fans I talked to it's because they defeated Orochi.

Emperor Ashtar
Well form alot of the Kyo and Iori fans I talked to it's because they defeated Orochi.

They defeated chris who acted as an avatar for a half powered orochi, with the help of chiziru. I guess chizuru can defeat terry as well roll eyes (sarcastic)

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>