Criminal

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Black Adam
Did anyone else read it?

been meaning to pick up more non superhero based stuff so I bought this on a whim while I was in the shop.

I'm glad i did. Can't wait for the next issue.

Black Adam
guess no on else read it sad

well if anyone cares the second issue is out already. even better then first.

Darth Vicious
What is it about?

Black Adam
Originally posted by Darth Vicious
What is it about?

a Criminal stick out tongue

http://www.newsarama.com/marvelnew/Criminal/Ed_Criminal.html

Darth Vicious
Originally posted by Black Adam
a Criminal stick out tongue

http://www.newsarama.com/marvelnew/Criminal/Ed_Criminal.html

confused Thanks for the in depth review! I D-loaded 1 & 2. I'll let u know if I liked them once I get a chance to rread them.

Black Adam
confused Thanks for the in depth review! I D-loaded 1 & 2. I'll let u know if I liked them once I get a chance to rread them.

stick out tongue

Guess I can't fault you for downloading a book first to try it out.

But If you really like please try and buy it.

Darth Vicious
Hmmm Pretty good. This could turn into a movie easily, if well handled. Is it just 5 issues? I hope it has a definite ending. Since u r looking for non super hero comics, HAve u reag Girls or Y the last man? Both series are pretty good.

Black Adam
Hmmm Pretty good. This could turn into a movie easily, if well handled. Is it just 5 issues? I hope it has a definite ending. Since u r looking for non super hero comics, HAve u reag Girls or Y the last man? Both series are pretty good.

I heard each arc is focused on a different main character...So I guess Leo's story has beginning and an ending. Though if it's anything like Sleeper it's not going to be a pretty ending.

Y the last Man is alright , Girls........boobs and gore are pretty much all it's good for.

"V"
I read this, it's awesome. Brubaker rocks.

Deux ex Machina is also a good over-looked book.

The Libertine
Originally posted by "V"
I read this, it's awesome. Brubaker rocks.

Deux ex Machina is also a good over-looked book.

Ex Machina is better than Criminal.

"V"
Originally posted by The Libertine

Did I ever say it wasnt? Doesn't matter, too many good books get overlooked because they aren't published by one of the big two.

The Libertine
Originally posted by "V"
Did I ever say it wasnt? Doesn't matter, too many good books get overlooked because they aren't published by one of the big two.

No you didn't but you brought it up in a thread so, I thought lets give a personal comparison. It was not a criticism or a comment on your post. Merely my opinion.

"V"
No you didn't but you brought it up in a thread so, I thought lets give a personal comparison. It was not a criticism or a comment on your post. Merely my opinion.

Fair enough, still I wonder how long/ if Brubaker will burn himself out? he's on about 5 books isn't he? that's quite alot, they're all written to a good standard at that.

The Libertine
Originally posted by "V"
Fair enough, still I wonder how long/ if Brubaker will burn himself out? he's on about 5 books isn't he? that's quite alot, they're all written to a good standard at that.

I don't know how many books he is on, all the "hot" writers seem to be on to many at the moment with the exception of Gaiman who has diversified so far now he is on the brink of becoming a new kind of media savant, beyond even King. He is about to take over in my opinion.

Black Adam
Originally posted by "V"

yep. But uncanny has been boring. Seems like out of all his books uncanny is the one he seems to put the less effort in.

Black Adam

Never read it though I've been meaning to try it out for a while now.

Black Adam
well issue 5 is out.

Spoilers for the issue and Sleeper

it wasn't as messed up of an ending as Sleepr was. Besides a few more ventilation holes Leo didn't end up a vegetable. And he did manage to kill everyone who messed him over

But bru does say he's going to making another appearance soon so there's still time sad

i really can't wait for the next arc.

"V"
Originally posted by Black Adam
well issue 5 is out.

Spoilers for the issue and Sleeper

it wasn't as messed up of an ending as Sleepr was. Besides a few more ventilation holes Leo didn't end up a vegetable. And he did manage to kill everyone who messed him over

But bru does say he's going to making another appearance soon so there's still time sad

i really can't wait for the next arc.

Yeah I read it, it was pretty awesome wasn't it? Leo went kinda badass, I've really liked this. I don't like the look of the next arc, but I'm going to pick it up because I know it'll suprise me.

Black Adam
preview for the next arc

http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?p=3435483&posted=1#post3435483

Black Adam
Issue 6 out. Anyone read it?

CasanoVa
Yeah, was great as always.

Tracey seems all kinds of badass, in one single issue he's already cemented himself as badass. I like how gritty the book is, but pretty much every book Bru writes is gritty (and good too).

Black Adam
well Tracey's story is over(for now) now we have to wait until February for the next issue.

This arc seemed to have picked up in the last two issues. It was enjoyable(though I still like Leo as a character a bit more)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.