Wolverine vs Daredevil

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Benny G
This may have been done before but anyway
Wolverine10/10

braz
yea, id say Wolverine def takes the majority on this one.

capt it up
yup

Badabing
Originally posted by capt it up
yup
Nope. Daredevil has more acute senses.

laughing

Metalmanx
5/10.

capt it up
Originally posted by Badabing
Nope. Daredevil has more acute senses.

laughing
lol naw

capt it up
Originally posted by Metalmanx
5/10.
how? DD has not way of putting logan down and logan has al his powers plus more

Priest
wolverine wins 6/10

Metalmanx
how? DD has not way of putting logan down and logan has al his powers plus more

Except that he does have ways of putting Logan down. He's done it before, and he's also done it against far stronger, as durable and more durable opponents:

-Owl
-Bullseye
-Beetle
-Bushwacker
-Mister Hyde

These are just some.

And no, Wolverine does not have DD's radar sense. erm

capt it up
Except that he does have ways of putting Logan down. He's done it before, and he's also done it against far stronger, as durable and more durable opponents:

-Owl
-Bullseye
-Beetle
-Bushwacker
-Mister Hyde

These are just some.

And no, Wolverine does not have DD's radar sense. erm
he does not need radar he can see.

who on there more durable then logan? or can heal from every attack DD made? mister hyde like class 2 he nothing special. no one on there can take more punishment then logan.

The only time he put logan down was in a PIS fulled event and comic by ennis.

The atatck he used has proven useless vs logan in the past yet it worked becuase enniss is a hack and can't right wolevrien or spiderman correctly

Accel
Hyde's actually Class 50. And if DD can find the right pressure points on a diamond Absorbing Man, Wolverine won't be a problem in that department.

I give DD the slight majority.

jasonk3

who on there more durable then logan? or can heal from every attack DD made? mister hyde like class 2 he nothing special. no one on there can take more punishment then logan.

The atatck he used has proven useless vs logan in the past yet it worked becuase enniss is a hack and can't right wolevrien or spiderman correctly

i've seen a scan where Wolverine and Daredevil were locked in Combat...and Wolverine gets the upperhand by putting daredevil in a submission, i dont have the scan but i've seen it before in one of jinzins's post

Metalmanx

http://www.marveldatabase.com/wiki/index.php/Mister_Hyde

Mister Hyde is superhumanly durable. He STARTED off as 10 tonner. Upgraded to 50 tons and was able to hang with Thor and survive. Now he's at just about 70 tons in strength. Hyde can, in fact, take more punishment than Logan. Logan usually gets time to heal when fighting most of his enemies. Hyde just plain takes the abuse.

Oh man. I can't believe I forgot the Absorbing Man. He's also superhumanly durable and superhumanly strong.

Eternal Idol
Wolverine fights are extremely hard to gauge, seeing as how he's got so many incredible feats, yet other times he seems not much more than human. He heals from/is immune to/isn't affected by one thing in one showing, but then another writer shows the opposite (this includes pressure points, knockout gasses, poisons/toxins, etc.)

Still, I believe Wolverine wins a clear majority here. He is the superior fighter, is physically in better shape than Daredevil (stronger, faster, more durable), and of course, he's got the healing factor coupled with adamantium skeleton and claws (durability and reach advantages). Another thing I'd like to point out, is that punching Wolvie in the face, or anywhere bone is supposed to be present, must be like punching a wall. That's gotta hurt someone like DD. Even worse for him, getting punched by a heavy-handed, adamantium-reinforced punch/kick/headbutt...

capt it up

OneDumbG0
Someone ought to merge this with the other ones.

First off, a smart Daredevil would fight Wolverine Cap-style and disable his claws. Cap did it by crushng his tendons... that was fantastically badass, btw! Daredevil would be more subtle and just strike his nerves in his forearms.

Daredevil physically would have a tough time 'overloading' his healing factor, which is what most people fall back on in defense of Wolvie, but DD's fights half his fights with nasty nerve pinch moves and he doesn't usually use the ones that REALLY hurt. And while some people in the past have railed against this idea as being feasible, let's face it, DD does it all the time against skilled opponents in horribly one-sided situations.

He sensed the tiniest fractures in a diamond Absorbing Man and hit them at the exact angle to make him chip. He did this when he had been busted up, not once, but over and over again to make Absorbing Man fall apart. And he's done it to people with good fighting skills easily. He's done it to Wolverine, Black Widow and Punisher.

But nerve points and pressure points aren't the end all of this fight. Wolverine is a master martial artist also and he wouldn't get pwned like Hammerhead does in this scan. It'd be a tough fight. I'd call it even split.

5/10 either way

OneDumbG0
Forgot the scan of him being super nasty to Hammerhead. -.-

capt it up
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
Someone ought to merge this with the other ones.

First off, a smart Daredevil would fight Wolverine Cap-style and disable his claws.
That was a plot device to even out the fight nothing that made much sense since it should have healed instantly how ever logan had not rest or eaten in weeks not to mention he had just been in a fight prior to this encagement. This would never work on 100% logan becuase the wound would heal instantly.

Cap did it by crushng his tendons... that was fantastically badass, btw! Daredevil would be more subtle and just strike his nerves in his forearms.
Which would not work as well, because nerve damage is damage and would heal instantly having no last affect and doing pretty much nothing against logan not to mention allow logan to stab DD.

Daredevil physically would have a tough time 'overloading' his healing factor, which is what most people fall back on in defense of Wolvie,
No it just with the healing factor in place this makes this fight terribly one sided.

but DD's fights half his fights with nasty nerve pinch moves and he doesn't usually use the ones that REALLY hurt. And while some people in the past have railed against this idea as being feasible, let's face it, DD does it all the time against skilled opponents in horribly one-sided situations.
Very unskilled opponents not trop tier martial artist, not to mention they would never work. Logan has also fought DD in a strictly h2h fight and took him out in 3 panels.

He sensed the tiniest fractures in a diamond Absorbing Man and hit them at the exact angle to make him chip. He did this when he had been busted up, not once, but over and over again to make Absorbing Man fall apart. And he's done it to people with good fighting skills easily.
Absorbing man a terrible fighter that not to mention there no way DD should ever defeat a man who can turn into any material.

He's done it to Wolverine, .
You mean that throat jabb that was PIS since logan has been stab in the same area with a sword and kept fighting on a number of occasions.

Black Widow and Punisher.
Can you prove these two?

5/10 either way
Logan should win this 8/10 he hold almost every advantage

capt it up
Forgot the scan of him being super nasty to Hammerhead. -.-
wasent that IF pretending to be DD. Any ways hammerhead would get wrecked by logan

peejayd
* now, this is cute...

Accel
I find it amusing and ironic for Capt to be using the PIS argument.

Any way, they way I see it, DD holds the advantage of skill, agility, and pressure points. His radar allows him to get the drop on Wolverine and avoid him whenever he tries to swipe his claws at him.

Logan can take some damage, sure, but his healing factor can be taxed. It would take some time of course, but I can see the pressure points taking their toll eventually.

OneDumbG0
Well since you took the time to address each one of my sentencesw, its only fair I do the same. First off, I need to warn you, I will prove you wrong. Your knowledge of Wolverine is skewed. You place a little bit too much stock in his abilities. And before you blame me of the same with respect to Daredevil, I still give this fight an even split. On to the ownage:
wasent that IF pretending to be DD. Any ways hammerhead would get wrecked by loganNo. Iron Fist is masquerading as DD, OUTSIDE of jail. DD inside jail is indeed DD. You really should pick up a DD comic, I pity you don't read him at all because it shows in the next couple of posts of yours.
That was a plot device to even out the fight nothing that made much sense since it should have healed instantly how ever logan had not rest or eaten in weeks not to mention he had just been in a fight prior to this encagement. This would never work on 100% logan becuase the wound would heal instantly.Wolverine does not heal instantly. He's not like the T-1000, where a bullet makes a big hole and then his form heals up in seconds. Wolverine takes time to heal, its all over his comics and the X-Men comics. Same way it'd take a little while for his liver to glue itself back again, it'd take a little while for his tendons to heal. But a little while isn't 1-5 seconds, you're talking about minutes at the minimum.
Which would not work as well, because nerve damage is damage and would heal instantly having no last affect and doing pretty much nothing against logan not to mention allow logan to stab DD.Let me say one thing, nerves are the last thing to heal, if they ever heal, biologically speaking. You can ask any doctor about that. And second, even if that does not apply to Wolverine, his healing is still not instant. Nerve damage doesn't need to be lasting, as long as it lasts half a minute, that's more than enough time.
Very unskilled opponents not trop tier martial artist, not to mention they would never work. Logan has also fought DD in a strictly h2h fight and took him out in 3 panels.He uses nerve fighting moves against top tier martial artists. Sorry. You should read more Daredevil. DD beat Wolvie in one panel. He also beat Wolverine in Logan's own book while being ambushed by ninjas.
Absorbing man a terrible fighter that not to mention there no way DD should ever defeat a man who can turn into any material.By all rights, DD shouldn't be able to pick apart a man made of living diamond, but he did. It was pretty neat and all he needed was a pistol as a chipping tool. It made perfect sense since diamonds have flaws in them and his radar sense told him exactly where to strike. Either way, don't criticize the outcome when it's obvious you haven't even read the fight, which is a shame, because that was seriously a mean feat.
You mean that throat jabb that was PIS since logan has been stab in the same area with a sword and kept fighting on a number of occasions.Logan has been stabbed in the throat, I remember when he was pinned down before his last fight with Gorgon. I remember him needing several SHIELD agents to pull it out, do you?
Can you prove these two?I sure can prove he uses them on Black Widow and Punisher. Read Daredevil #4 in the 'Guardian Devil' story by Kevin Smith. DD puts Black Widow down in one move on a rooftop when he was a little mental with a nerve pinch to the Achilles, I have the comic, but can't scan it now. Maybe another time. And as for Punisher, well I already have a scan of his fight from the DD vs. Punisher series, 'Means and Ends.' Take a look, because that's how DD does it. He doesn't need to sneak up on people to do this crap, he does it mid-fight when guys are punching, kicking, charging. Shots to the arms, legs and neck. Yeah, he'd do it while Wolvie was slashing also:

Sparkz
Mr Hyde went toe to toe with the Hulk then fell out of an plane, I think he has pretty high durability (though he was Ko'd when Spidey threw him through about 7 walls and out of a skyscrapper, maybe he had an upgrade since then but he still seemed pretty damn strong)

Anyway I'd give this to Logan he seems faster more skilled more durable and a more effective weapon.

Wonder Man
I think Daredevil has what it takes to wip his ass. But then I think Daredevil would give Spider-man trouble too.

Sparkz
Originally posted by Wonder Man
I think Daredevil has what it takes to wip his ass. But then I think Daredevil would give Spider-man trouble too.

I think DD can beat both of these characters but he dosn't get the majority in my opinoin.

Darth Martin
Been done. Pretty long too.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/383128_1-wolverine-vs-daredevil

Darth Martin
Logan's jealous of Matt! shifty

http://img211.imageshack.us/my.php?...yofstate5kn.jpg
http://img233.imageshack.us/my.php?...ofstate14qv.jpg

This thread doesn't have long before it's closed anyway, this was done less than two hours ago- http://www.killermovies.com/forums/435061_1-daredevil-vs-wolverine

inamilist
I don't understand why someone who pulls bullets out of their own body with their claws wouldn't be able to block out the pain of a nerve attack. Wolverine's (and punisher's for that matter) pain tolorance should make nerve attacks almost useless...

unless the concept at marvel is that there are ways to touch the wrist that induce paralasys in the hand.

Either way, 7-8/10 for wolverine. Even if matt is a better fighter (which is probably debateable) or is faster or more agile (again debateable) most of his potential chances of victory come from getting close to wolverine and attacking. The fact that wolverine has huge claws sticking out of his hands makes this a less than desireable option. imho, the claws tip the balance, its also the only reason spidey vs wolvie is even a reasonable fight

jasonk3
Originally posted by peejayd
* now, this is cute...

marvelprince
Wolverine takes the majority

riceroost
Originally posted by Benny G
Wolverine 10/10 Wrong!

Wolverine 9/10.

You have to allow the Wolvy haters at least 1 win...even against weaklings like DD.
Nope. Daredevil has more acute senses.He may have more acute hearing, but Wolverine's sense of smell is more acute if I remember correctly. He was able to detect a fake Reed Richards in one of the Infinity Crossovers and DD was like, "Is his sense of smell really that much better than mine?"
5/10. HA! Pathetic.
Originally posted by Priest
wolverine wins 6/10 Ha!! Nearly as pathetic as above.

-Owl
-Bullseye
-Beetle
-Bushwacker
-Mister Hyde Snort. Wrong! Except for Mr. Hyde I dont see any of these guys shrugging off hits from the Hulk.
he does not need radar he can see.HAHAHAHA!!! Too good.
First off, a smart Daredevil would fight Wolverine Cap-style and disable his claws. Cap did it by crushng his tendons... that was fantastically badass, btw! Daredevil would be more subtle and just strike his nerves in his forearms. Yeah, follow Cap's losing strategy, good idea.
Daredevil physically would have a tough time 'overloading' his healing factor.No, he would have an impossible time doing it, especially since Wolverine is going to hit him first...and then DD will die.
but DD's fights half his fights with nasty nerve pinch moves and he doesn't usually use the ones that REALLY hurt. He sensed the tiniest fractures in a diamond Absorbing Man and hit them at the exact angle to make him chip. He did this when he had been busted up, not once, but over and over again to make Absorbing Man fall apart. Which is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. The best example of a skilled martial artist using pressure points on a high level brick happened the first time Wolverine met Rogue back with Storm and Carol in the Pentagon.

It did nothing. Which is exactly how it should be. If Wolverine's pressure points and nerve pinches dont work on Rogue DD's shouldn't work on anyone with any kind of enhanced durability. And likewise DD's nerve strikes on Wolverine will be ineffective a split second after the damage occurs, while Wolvy's nerve strikes on DD will result in death for horn head.
Originally posted by Accel
Any way, they way I see it, DD holds the advantage of skill, agility, and pressure points. His radar allows him to get the drop on Wolverine and avoid him whenever he tries to swipe his claws at him.
Skill: Wolverine towers over DD. Way more experience. Not even close.
Agility: DD is human in agility. Wolverine has enhanced human agility, therefor he beats DD in that category.
Getting the Drop: How does radar help him get a drop on Wolverine? Neither one will get the drop on the other, obviously. Radar allows him to know the claws are coming, not get out of the way. Tagging DD would be child's play for Wolverine.
Originally posted by Accel
Logan can take some damage, sure, but his healing factor can be taxed. Not by DD. If Spidey can't tax Wolverine's OLD healing factor DD has no chance against Current HF.

Your knowledge of Wolverine is skewed.Hmmm, I guess mine is too.
You place a little bit too much stock in his abilities.Who cares? Just his skills could wreck DD anyway. Add the abilities and it's just sad.
Wolverine does not heal instantly.He will against anything DD can do to him.
it'd take a little while for his tendons to heal. But a little while isn't 1-5 seconds, you're talking about minutes at the minimum.No. Wolverine healed half a busted skeleton and complete major organ damage in SECONDS!
Let me say one thing, nerves are the last thing to heal, if they ever heal, biologically speaking. You can ask any doctor about that. And second, even if that does not apply to Wolverine, his healing is still not instant. Nerve damage doesn't need to be lasting, as long as it lasts half a minute, that's more than enough time.According to recent issues of Wolverine when his entire body burned away his nerves were some of the first things to heal. Dont bring real world medicine into a Wolverine healing factor debate.
He also beat Wolverine in Logan's own book while being ambushed by ninjas.Wolverine was not beat. He fell on a sword and the pain allowed him to break free of mind control that he had been fighting the entire time. Wolverine has punked DD pretty badly a couple of times.
Logan has been stabbed in the throat, I remember when he was pinned down before his last fight with Gorgon. I remember him needing several SHIELD agents to pull it out, do you?I remember Logan being stabbed in the throat with a sai and fighting 3 elite assassins while ignoring the blade in his neck and beating the tar out of them all. Which feat holds more weight? Millar's (who says Cap can beat Hulk) or Tieri's?(one of the best Wolverine writers in the past decade) Gorgon also has super everything, none of which DD has. Dont compare DD to Gorgon. Thats silly. Wolverine was also completely fine with that sword through his throat. He was even talking. He only needed the help of shield agents because he didn't have the leverage to pull the sword out of the beam it was stuck in from his fallen position. He got right back up and chased after Gorgon. If Wolvy can do that a throat strike will do NOTHING to him.
I sure can prove he uses them on Black Widow and Punisher.Punisher's hand2hand is pathetic compared to Wolverine's. And back in the day he actually used to break even with DD in H2H.
Yeah, he'd do it while Wolvie was slashing alsoYes, while DD is tripping over his spilled entrails and Wolverine laughs at his "nerve strike."

"I take punches from Hulk you horned moron. What the heck will that do?"
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Logan's jealous of Matt! shifty Which proves Millar knew dick about Wolverine since Logan had just boinked the Native, Cassie Lathdrop, and was dating Storm at the time.

Wolverine can take anything Matt brings to the table. Matt is dead or near dead after a single strike from Wolverine. Kevin Smith said it best. Adamantium claws beat billy clubs every time.

guy222
Wolverine10/10

Very true

riceroost
I think Daredevil has what it takes to wip his ass. Yeah this from the guy that said DD could hurt Wolverine worse than Sabretooth could. laughing

Badabing
Daredevil wins via throat chop. shifty

srankmissingnin
Daredevil wins via throat chop. shifty

And then he flies off on his magical unicorn to meet Santa Clause at a Global Warming convention. wink

riceroost
Daredevil wins via throat chop. shifty Wolverine wins via throat stab.

Badabing
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
And then he flies off on his magical unicorn to meet Santa Clause at a Global Warming convention. wink
laughing Happy Dance laughing
I'll have to re-cast my vote for Most Sarcastic in the KMC 2006 Awards.

Muck101
Allright, I've had just about enough of this. Im TIRED of wolverine being depicted as unbeatable. Arguing this is pointless, also, as there's always going to be someone falling back on 'healing factor'. This is so ridiculous.

marvelprince
Originally posted by Muck101
Allright, I've had just about enough of this. Im TIRED of wolverine being depicted as unbeatable. Arguing this is pointless, also, as there's always going to be someone falling back on 'healing factor'. This is so ridiculous.

Then why not find some matchs that Wolverine can actually win. Daredevil is good, but he's done nothing that Wolverine hasn't already handled. Daredevil's fast, so is Logan. Daredevil can hit nerve strikes, so can Logan and he's been doing it before Matt was born. Realistically one really good hit can take out Matt and even with his radar sense he's not fast enough to do it forever or strong enough to put Logan down with his blows. You have a problem with that then take it up with the writers who write Logan this way

Muck101
You people are leaving out much of the advantages DD's senses gives him. 1. sense of touch gives him balance, and agility. True, his agility isn't technically classified as superhuman, but it is on par with most superhumans. 2. The radar doesn't just mean DD will know when the claws are coming out. 3. Hearing. The man can hear muscles contracting. He'll know when wolvie is going to strike, and where. Also, Im wagering a dodge from one of logans slashes fallowed by a swift billyclub strike to the nuts will hurt Logan plenty. And I could be wrong, but aren't wolverines tendons not coated with adamantium? If DD can shatter a DIAMOND absorbing man, Im wagering he can pop a few bones out of place.

capt it up
You people are leaving out much of the advantages DD's senses gives him.
Ya and you seem to forget logan ahs superhuman senses as well.

1. sense of touch gives him balance, and agility.
Ya? Logan ahs superhuman agility and sense of touch so a wonder how agile he must be.

True, his agility isn't technically classified as superhuman, but it is on par with most superhumans.
How about a superhuman who has DD senses plus superhuman stats.

2. The radar doesn't just mean DD will know when the claws are coming out. 3. Hearing. The man can hear muscles contracting. He'll know when wolvie is going to strike, and where.
Logan reflexes and superhuman senses allow him to do the same thing. Logan sense and reflex even allows him to see bullets in slow motion.

Also, Im wagering a dodge from one of logans slashes fallowed by a swift billyclub strike to the nuts will hurt Logan plenty.
First off you seem to think DD is the faster when it the other way around. You also seem to think a hit to the nuts would actually take logan out. You do realize logan has foughten while swords were through his throat. Logan ahs foughten well on fire and so on. A hit to the balls is nothing.

And I could be wrong, but aren't wolverines tendons not coated with adamantium? If DD can shatter a DIAMOND absorbing man, Im wagering he can pop a few bones out of place.
That was a one time feat and oh by the way logans bones are all attached to eachother.

ExtraMision5555
Originally posted by riceroost
Wrong!

Wolverine 9/10.

You have to allow the Wolvy haters at least 1 win...even against weaklings like DD.
He may have more acute hearing, but Wolverine's sense of smell is more acute if I remember correctly. He was able to detect a fake Reed Richards in one of the Infinity Crossovers and DD was like, "Is his sense of smell really that much better than mine?"
HA! Pathetic.
Ha!! Nearly as pathetic as above.
Snort. Wrong! Except for Mr. Hyde I dont see any of these guys shrugging off hits from the Hulk.
HAHAHAHA!!! Too good.
Yeah, follow Cap's losing strategy, good idea.
No, he would have an impossible time doing it, especially since Wolverine is going to hit him first...and then DD will die.
Which is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. The best example of a skilled martial artist using pressure points on a high level brick happened the first time Wolverine met Rogue back with Storm and Carol in the Pentagon.

It did nothing. Which is exactly how it should be. If Wolverine's pressure points and nerve pinches dont work on Rogue DD's shouldn't work on anyone with any kind of enhanced durability. And likewise DD's nerve strikes on Wolverine will be ineffective a split second after the damage occurs, while Wolvy's nerve strikes on DD will result in death for horn head.

Skill: Wolverine towers over DD. Way more experience. Not even close.
Agility: DD is human in agility. Wolverine has enhanced human agility, therefor he beats DD in that category.
Getting the Drop: How does radar help him get a drop on Wolverine? Neither one will get the drop on the other, obviously. Radar allows him to know the claws are coming, not get out of the way. Tagging DD would be child's play for Wolverine.
Not by DD. If Spidey can't tax Wolverine's OLD healing factor DD has no chance against Current HF.

Hmmm, I guess mine is too.
Who cares? Just his skills could wreck DD anyway. Add the abilities and it's just sad.
He will against anything DD can do to him.
No. Wolverine healed half a busted skeleton and complete major organ damage in SECONDS!
According to recent issues of Wolverine when his entire body burned away his nerves were some of the first things to heal. Dont bring real world medicine into a Wolverine healing factor debate.
Wolverine was not beat. He fell on a sword and the pain allowed him to break free of mind control that he had been fighting the entire time. Wolverine has punked DD pretty badly a couple of times.
I remember Logan being stabbed in the throat with a sai and fighting 3 elite assassins while ignoring the blade in his neck and beating the tar out of them all. Which feat holds more weight? Millar's (who says Cap can beat Hulk) or Tieri's?(one of the best Wolverine writers in the past decade) Gorgon also has super everything, none of which DD has. Dont compare DD to Gorgon. Thats silly. Wolverine was also completely fine with that sword through his throat. He was even talking. He only needed the help of shield agents because he didn't have the leverage to pull the sword out of the beam it was stuck in from his fallen position. He got right back up and chased after Gorgon. If Wolvy can do that a throat strike will do NOTHING to him.
Punisher's hand2hand is pathetic compared to Wolverine's. And back in the day he actually used to break even with DD in H2H.
Yes, while DD is tripping over his spilled entrails and Wolverine laughs at his "nerve strike."

"I take punches from Hulk you horned moron. What the heck will that do?"
Which proves Millar knew dick about Wolverine since Logan had just boinked the Native, Cassie Lathdrop, and was dating Storm at the time.

Wolverine can take anything Matt brings to the table. Matt is dead or near dead after a single strike from Wolverine. Kevin Smith said it best. Adamantium claws beat billy clubs every time.

Im not sure what to make of this post

some of it is semi-accurate, some of it is spooky

marvelprince
You people are leaving out much of the advantages DD's senses gives him.

No I wasn't. You're the one who seems to think Wolverine is just a guy with claws. You know how the senses work right? He uses them, along with his sense of hearing and touch to sense an opponents moves so that he can effectively counter/dodge. Problem with this is its handy, but not so effective against a fighter thats not only superior in fighting skill but is faster and stronger.

1. sense of touch gives him balance, and agility. True, his agility isn't technically classified as superhuman, but it is on par with most superhumans.

Hmm. I'll give Matt the agility edge here

2. The radar doesn't just mean DD will know when the claws are coming out.

I know.

3. Hearing. The man can hear muscles contracting. He'll know when wolvie is going to strike, and where.

Wolverine also has superhuman hearing.

Also, Im wagering a dodge from one of logans slashes fallowed by a swift billyclub strike to the nuts will hurt Logan plenty.

Hurt? Yes. Take him out? No.

And I could be wrong, but aren't wolverines tendons not coated with adamantium? If DD can shatter a DIAMOND absorbing man, Im wagering he can pop a few bones out of place.

Lol. For someone so upset that Daredevil is not getting his fair shake your quick to downplay Wolverine's strengths. His senses are almost on par with Matt's, he has more experience as a fighter, he's just as proficient with nerve strikes, is a hell of a lot more durable, and can take pretty much whatever Logan dishes out. Logan outclasses Matt in every physical aspect (cept agility), has an insane healing factor plus three lil weapons on each hand that can take Matt out.

jrodslam
Its a bit of hate and love when old threads are remade or bumped. We've been through this many times. At least most of us have.

Daredevil can beat Wolverine and Wolverine can beat Daredevil. I wanns say that its been mentioned that Wolvies bones are fused together. Thats totaly false. Regardless of what a pic shows. If that was the case, hed never be able to bend his arms, legs, bend over to tie his boots etc. Les be clear on that. His cartilage and tendons arent laced. Nerves and Cartilage would be considered Wolvies weak points if faced against a unarmed opponent who doesnt have enhanced or superhuman strength. DD via senses would have no troubles at all locating them. None.

Its been said by a couple of people also that Logan has better skills or is more skilled than DD. Now, with all fanboyism and bias aside, can someone HONESTLY say that Wolvie shows or have shown more skill than DD? Honestly now. Maybe a few times that show he has skills indeed, BUT nothing on a consistant level that says he more skilled. We may as well throw stats out the window here, cause i want this answered in truth. In all realness there may be 3 or 4 people who show to have as much skill as DD and show it regularly, and thats Iron Fist, Shang Shi, Elektra and probably Captain America. Taskmaster and Echo doesnt count imo.

Logan is fast and so is DD. In fact Wolvies even mentioned how fast DD was. Regardless of whos faster, it wouldnt be to the point where the other wouldnt be able to see the move coming at all. Les be clear on that as well. Logan very well CAN tag DD with the claws. I wont deny that at all. However, when people say "Once Wolvie connects its over." it just doesnt sound likely. Wolvie has connected and it didnt stop DD. A slash wont put DD down unless say its in the neck or something or its multiple slashes.

As most know due to that alone, ill give DD the slight edge as i always do. 6/10. Why?

1. Because Daredevil shows and have shown to have better skills than Wolverine.

2. Because Wolvie needs multiple slashes to take DD down and its not likely that would happen before DD can get off a nerve hit on Wolvie.

marvelprince
Originally posted by jrodslam
Its a bit of hate and love when old threads are remade or bumped. We've been through this many times. At least most of us have.

Daredevil can beat Wolverine and Wolverine can beat Daredevil. I wanns say that its been mentioned that Wolvies bones are fused together. Thats totaly false. Regardless of what a pic shows. If that was the case, hed never be able to bend his arms, legs, bend over to tie his boots etc. Les be clear on that. His cartilage and tendons arent laced. Nerves and Cartilage would be considered Wolvies weak points if faced against a unarmed opponent who doesnt have enhanced or superhuman strength. DD via senses would have no troubles at all locating them. None.

I agree with Logan having fused bones. Thats just dumb. Your point with the nerve strikes though, its not half as easy as you make it. Considering Logan is also well versed with nerve strikes and knows its one of Matt's preferred ways to fight he's gonna be on his guard

Its been said by a couple of people also that Logan has better skills or is more skilled than DD. Now, with all fanboyism and bias aside, can someone HONESTLY say that Wolvie shows or have shown more skill than DD? Honestly now. Maybe a few times that show he has skills indeed, BUT nothing on a consistant level that says he more skilled. We may as well throw stats out the window here, cause i want this answered in truth. In all realness there may be 3 or 4 people who show to have as much skill as DD and show it regularly, and thats Iron Fist, Shang Shi, Elektra and probably Captain America. Taskmaster and Echo doesnt count imo.

Because its common sense. Looking back at Logan's history we see countless examples of his skills, him training with arious masters even beatinf Shang. With Matt, there's no doubt that he's skill but most of his ability to defeat skilled martial artists come from the fact that he can sense what they are gonna do rather than him simply outclassing them

Logan is fast and so is DD. In fact Wolvies even mentioned how fast DD was. Regardless of whos faster, it wouldnt be to the point where the other wouldnt be able to see the move coming at all. Les be clear on that as well. Logan very well CAN tag DD with the claws. I wont deny that at all. However, when people say "Once Wolvie connects its over." it just doesnt sound likely. Wolvie has connected and it didnt stop DD. A slash wont put DD down unless say its in the neck or something or its multiple slashes.

A slash from Wolverine will certainly do damage though

As most know due to that alone, ill give DD the slight edge as i always do. 6/10. Why?

Huh? No he hasn't. He's shown that he is skilled and couple that with his senses he's dangerous. Take away his senses and he's not very impressive. Wolverine, relying on his skills alone has shown he's one of the best out there.

2. Because Wolvie needs multiple slashes to take DD down and its not likely that would happen before DD can get off a nerve hit on Wolvie.

If Wolverine is just standing there then sure Matt can get off a nerve strike. If Wolverine is actually fighting back, moving, than Matt would be hard pressed to take him down with a single strike. Daredevil is great an all but against an opponent who outclasses him, has a crazy healing factor and is more skilled than he is..well not even his senses can compensate for that.

carver9
wolverine wins this quite easily. Im not going to lie, when I see people put daredevil against spiderman, they seem pretty even to me because I have seen some agility feats that daredevil have done that is on par with spiderman so the only thing that i put above daredevil with spiderman is strength but daredevil make that up with his fighting ability but against wolverine he will go down very hard and might die during the fight.

Wolverine has fought the xmen 2 a stand still, fought hulk to a stand still, fought alpha flight, went against about every villian and hero in wolverine vs new york, fought at least 200 superhumans on the shield carrier, fought excaliber, fought against the fantastic four having thing crying on the ground, fought namor and beat the hell out of him, was weak while fighting captain america and almost killed him, fought the wendigo and defeated him, fought magneto and almost killed him. Now lets start with the names that marvel gives him:

1. Wolverine the best there is.
2. Unstoppable killing machine.
3. World deadliest man alive.

With all this said, this should be a walk in the park for wolverine.

NiņoAraņa
Originally posted by carver9
fought magneto and almost killed him.

don't worry i DID read your whole post...but after reading that, i don't think i wanna pay attention to you anymore no expression

jrodslam
Originally posted by marvelprince
I agree with Logan having fused bones. Thats just dumb. Your point with the nerve strikes though, its not half as easy as you make it. Considering Logan is also well versed with nerve strikes and knows its one of Matt's preferred ways to fight he's gonna be on his guard

I do believe that Daredevil getting off nerve strikes would be easy indeed. Will he connect with everyone he delives? Probably not, but hes so presise with them, i dont think it would be as difficult as you make it seem. I dont think Wovie knows that it would be DD's m.o to go right for the nerve.

Because its common sense. Looking back at Logan's history we see countless examples of his skills, him training with arious masters even beatinf Shang. With Matt, there's no doubt that he's skill but most of his ability to defeat skilled martial artists come from the fact that he can sense what they are gonna do rather than him simply outclassing them

I never said that Wolvie doesnt have or has never shown any skill. Just not consistantly on the level of DD. Him beating Shang was hardly a fight. 2 panels was it? Its hardly conclusive as to what a real fight would be like between the two. Matt still has his skills without the senses. Theres been multiple occasions where they have been disabled and he had to rely on his skills. True he takes them for granted, but hes just as skilled MA's wise as he would be if he didnt have the senses.

A slash from Wolverine will certainly do damage though

I never said it wouldnt. Depending on how deep and where it is.

Huh? No he hasn't. He's shown that he is skilled and couple that with his senses he's dangerous. Take away his senses and he's not very impressive. Wolverine, relying on his skills alone has shown he's one of the best out there.

Youre speaking in hypothetical terms. DD does have his radar 90% of the time and ive stated that on a consistant basis, he shows to have more skills than Wolvie. If you take away his senses, he would still be highly impressive, being trained by one of the top Martial Artists in Marvel. I never stated that Wolvie wasnt one of the best. He just wouldnt be considered top 5 in terms of skill imo.

If Wolverine is just standing there then sure Matt can get off a nerve strike. If Wolverine is actually fighting back, moving, than Matt would be hard pressed to take him down with a single strike. Daredevil is great an all but against an opponent who outclasses him, has a crazy healing factor and is more skilled than he is..well not even his senses can compensate for that.

DD has landed nerve strikes while in combat. Hes delivered them while dodging his opponents attack. His opponent doesnt have to be still for him to get one off. The only thing Wolvie outclasses him in is durability and strength. All of which can be nulled. If you believe Wolvie has shown to be more skilled than DD then thats your opinion. The comics say otherwise though. DD's senses do compensate for many attributes that may be inferior to his opponent. Tats why he always do so well aganst many and even beats them.

Soljer
"Best there is" "unstoppable killing machine" and the world's "deadliest man."

It is suppositions like this that make people hate Wolverine. Doctor Strange is a HELL of a lot more deadly than Logan EVER could be. Strange could cast a single spell and eradicate the entire human race. No mess. No fuss.

That said, Logan likely wins this battle. The two combatants' skill is approximately equal. We know this, at the very least, judging Wolverine's fights with the likes of Captain America, Shang Chi, and others. Yes, at times Wolverine will act like an idiot and literally LEAP into battle, but there are also examples of him being tactically and skillfully elegant.

He will also heal any damage Matt deals out to him. And this also doesn't even take into account Wolverine's superior physique. Strength and speed are both on Wolverine's side, even if agility is not.

That said, Matt's radar sense can act as a pseudo-spider-sense, AND he knows complex nerve strikes that, at the very least, could REALLY slow Logan down.

Could matt win this? Absolutely. The right combination of nerve strikes may be able to knock Wolverine out for long enough to constitue a forum win.

Will he win a majority? I doubt it. The two advantages he has over logan include agility and his radar sense. The radar sense being the primary one. Logan's advantages include his physique, his healing factor, and two VERY lethal weapons.

The latter outweigh the former, to me. Logan for a majority. Not 10/10, but a majority.

carver9

Wonder Man
wolverine feels no different then you do when you get hurt. only difference is he recovers from it.

Soljer
wolverine feels no different then you do when you get hurt. only difference is he recovers from it.

I very much doubt that. Even if I knew it wouldn't kill me, I bet a bullet to the heart or a knife to the lungs or a sword to the throat would put me out of the fight.

I'm also pretty sure that if I were lit on fire, even if I knew I'd survive with out a problem, I would be in such excruciating pain that I wouldn't be able to keep on fighting.

ExtraMision5555

Finally! An Educated post!

ExtraMision5555
Originally posted by Soljer
"Best there is" "unstoppable killing machine" and the world's "deadliest man."

It is suppositions like this that make people hate Wolverine. Doctor Strange is a HELL of a lot more deadly than Logan EVER could be. Strange could cast a single spell and eradicate the entire human race. No mess. No fuss.

That said, Logan likely wins this battle. The two combatants' skill is approximately equal. We know this, at the very least, judging Wolverine's fights with the likes of Captain America, Shang Chi, and others. Yes, at times Wolverine will act like an idiot and literally LEAP into battle, but there are also examples of him being tactically and skillfully elegant.

He will also heal any damage Matt deals out to him. And this also doesn't even take into account Wolverine's superior physique. Strength and speed are both on Wolverine's side, even if agility is not.

That said, Matt's radar sense can act as a pseudo-spider-sense, AND he knows complex nerve strikes that, at the very least, could REALLY slow Logan down.

Could matt win this? Absolutely. The right combination of nerve strikes may be able to knock Wolverine out for long enough to constitue a forum win.

Will he win a majority? I doubt it. The two advantages he has over logan include agility and his radar sense. The radar sense being the primary one. Logan's advantages include his physique, his healing factor, and two VERY lethal weapons.

The latter outweigh the former, to me. Logan for a majority. Not 10/10, but a majority.

absolutely, its doubtful that DD would win a majority, but its extremely possible that he can put wolverine down, and it would be a very close fight

marvelprince
I do believe that Daredevil getting off nerve strikes would be easy indeed. Will he connect with everyone he delives? Probably not, but hes so presise with them, i dont think it would be as difficult as you make it seem. I dont think Wovie knows that it would be DD's m.o to go right for the nerve.

Wolverine has seen Daredevil fight and watched him use nerve strikes on more than one occasion. He'll be on the lookout

I never said that Wolvie doesnt have or has never shown any skill. Just not consistantly on the level of DD. Him beating Shang was hardly a fight. 2 panels was it? Its hardly conclusive as to what a real fight would be like between the two. Matt still has his skills without the senses. Theres been multiple occasions where they have been disabled and he had to rely on his skills. True he takes them for granted, but hes just as skilled MA's wise as he would be if he didnt have the senses.

I don't get it. You have Logan has the skills, but he doesn't use them consistently so you doubt they're that great, but then you go on to say that Daredevil has skills even though he doesn't use them like that either?

Youre speaking in hypothetical terms. DD does have his radar 90% of the time and ive stated that on a consistant basis, he shows to have more skills than Wolvie. If you take away his senses, he would still be highly impressive, being trained by one of the top Martial Artists in Marvel. I never stated that Wolvie wasnt one of the best. He just wouldnt be considered top 5 in terms of skill imo.

And I say your wrong. I recommend you look back at some issues where Wolverine was depowered. You'll see just how skilled he is. Also you say Matt is one of the best cause he's been trained by one of the top martial artists in Marvel. What about the fact that Logan has beaten some of the top martial artists in Marvel?

DD has landed nerve strikes while in combat. Hes delivered them while dodging his opponents attack. His opponent doesnt have to be still for him to get one off. The only thing Wolvie outclasses him in is durability and strength. All of which can be nulled. If you believe Wolvie has shown to be more skilled than DD then thats your opinion. The comics say otherwise though. DD's senses do compensate for many attributes that may be inferior to his opponent. Tats why he always do so well aganst many and even beats them.

Please please show me these comics that show me that Daredevil is more skilled than Wolverine and then I'll accept you point. Based on what I've read however, Wolverine is EASILY in the top 5 martial artist in the MU. Wolverine breaks even with him in most aspects, but outclasses him in strength, durability and skills. Daredevil's senses do compensate for his lack of skill and enable him to last but alot of the tactics he relies on to win won't help here. Rolling with blows won't help against the claws, hoping his opponent will tire won't work since Logan has more endurance and nerve strikes against a guy who'll be expecting it from you plus knows how they work won't be very helpful.

marvelprince

No, he has a very high tolerance for pain. Popping claws through your skin twice a day will do that for you

wolverine wins this quite easily. Im not going to lie, when I see people put daredevil against spiderman, they seem pretty even to me because I have seen some agility feats that daredevil have done that is on par with spiderman so the only thing that i put above daredevil with spiderman is strength but daredevil make that up with his fighting ability but against wolverine he will go down very hard and might die during the fight.

You must not no much about Spider-Man. Not to insult you but every agile thing Daredevil can do Spider-Man can do better. Spider-Man is way faster, stronger and much more agile. They may have had "close" fights before but Spider-Man has also embarassed him. Don't hate.

ExtraMision5555

Wolverine is EASILY in the top 5 martial artist in the MU.

i digress

Metalmanx
Ya and you seem to forget logan ahs superhuman senses as well.

Ya? Logan ahs superhuman agility and sense of touch so a wonder how agile he must be.

How about a superhuman who has DD senses plus superhuman stats.

Logan reflexes and superhuman senses allow him to do the same thing. Logan sense and reflex even allows him to see bullets in slow motion.

First off you seem to think DD is the faster when it the other way around. You also seem to think a hit to the nuts would actually take logan out. You do realize logan has foughten while swords were through his throat. Logan ahs foughten well on fire and so on. A hit to the balls is nothing.

That was a one time feat and oh by the way logans bones are all attached to eachother.

I only want to say a few things to this:

1) DD's senses are far superior to Wolverine's. As much as you want them to be, Wolvie's just aren't in the same league.

2) DD is more agile. And possibly quicker/better reflexes OR as good as Wolverine. The guy bats away bullets with his billy clubs like it's his job.

3) A shot to the nuts has taken Wolverine out AT LEAST two times now in canon comics. I think it's safe to say that the severe pain a shot to the groin produces could put him down for a bit.

That's all. Just wanted to get that out there.

Merry Christmas, amigos.

carver9
If this would help I would like to say that im looking at a book that classifies both of the combatant fighting skills 1-7

Wolverine is at 7
Daredevil is at 5

It states that wolverine knows all the fighting skills on the planet and it states that daredevil know some martial art.

Shang hi his fighting skills is at 5

Its only 2 people in the marvel universe that fighting skills is at 7 and that is wolverine and captain america. Im looking at all of the fighters right now and its only 2.
Spiderman is at 3.
elektra is at 6
deadpool is at 6
sabertooth is at 6.
Mr. x is at 7
Gorgon is at 6
shatterstar is at 5
lady deathstike is at 6
black panther is at 5

These are some of the best fighter in marvel and it is classified that wolverine, mr.x, and captain america knows the best martial art in marvel it states that captain knows virtuall all of the fighting styles on the planet and that mr.x learned all of the fighting styles on the planet and killed his masters during combat training. Daredevil dont stand a chance against wolverine but he might do come in and win a few because hes no chump.

I meant to say theres 3 people in the marvel universe at 7.

Soljer
If this would help I would like to say that im looking at a book that classifies both of the combatant fighting skills 1-7

Wolverine is at 7
Daredevil is at 5

It states that wolverine knows all the fighting skills on the planet and it states that daredevil know some martial art.

Its only 2 people in the marvel universe that fighting skills is at 7 and that is wolverine and captain america. Im looking at all of the fighters right now and its only 2.
Spiderman is at 3.
elektra is at 6
deadpool is at 6
sabertooth is at 6.
Mr. x is at 7
Gorgon is at 6
shatterstar is at 5
lady deathstike is at 6
black panther is at 5

These are some of the best fighter in marvel and it is classified that wolverine, mr.x, and captain america knows the best martial art in marvel it states that captain knows virtuall all of the fighting styles on the planet and that mr.x learned all of the fighting styles on the planet and killed his masters during combat training. Daredevil dont stand a chance against wolverine but he might do come in and win a few because hes no chump.

While I appreciate the fact that Wolverine IS one of the top martial artists in Marvel, I'd probably put Daredevil on about the same level. Handbooks be damned. With Deadpool on that very same level, and Captain America a slight bit above them.

Then again, where do Shang Chi, Iron Fist, and the Cat come in? They should be the very VERY top martial artists in Marvel, yet Wolverine's punked Shang, and has beaten the crap out of someone who somewhat embarrassed Iron Fist in hand to hand.

ExtraMision5555

Wolverine is at 7
Daredevil is at 5

Spiderman is at 3.
elektra is at 6
deadpool is at 6
sabertooth is at 6.
Mr. x is at 7
Gorgon is at 6
shatterstar is at 5
lady deathstike is at 6
black panther is at 5

Yet deadpool has had the upperhand over wolverine in the majority of thier fights

Point being, it seems like stats imply something that is definatley not takeing place in comics, becuase IMO, sabertooth DEFINATELY does not behave like a 6

carver9
Originally posted by ExtraMision5555
Yet deadpool has had the upperhand over wolverine in the majority of thier fights

Point being, it seems like stats imply something that is definatley not takeing place in comics, becuase IMO, sabertooth DEFINATELY does not behave like a 6

If you look in every hand book it has sabertooth at 6, he knows the training but he just dont use it because he dont have to. Wolverine is better than deadpool, deadpool is very trained thats why he gives wolverine a fight, he is marked at 6 and that mean that he knows numerous of martial arts. Iron fist is also marked at 6. Wolverine is marked at 7 and thats in every handbook that i have read except the ultimate wolverine they have his fighting skills at 6 but they gave him a speed boost. Normal wolverine speed is marked at 2 out of 7 but ultimate wolverine speed is at 3 out of 7 but it was stated by comic writers that wolverine would own ultimate wolverine due to experience. Wolverine is classified as 1 of the best fighters in marvel universe and captain america and mr.x is on the same level as him. I know it hurts a lot of wolverine haters on this site that he is up there but deal with it, they didnt give him that title of "the best there is" for nothing.

Sorry to tell you this but they always classify daredevil under wolverine in the fighting dept. Daredevil is marked at 5 everytime i look it up. Thats not bad, he is still an experienced fighter but wolverine is better.

What you all seem not to understand is that wolverine dont need to use his fighting skills in battle thats why you rarely see it. He can take punishment but from the times that i have witness him use it, he has shown to be great, especially during his 1st appearance, they showed it alot but they have shown it less and lesser because he thrive on his healing factor, theres no need to use it when you can take punishment all day. You all dont get it, why would he need to do a round house or a summer sault when his main attack is in his hands. Wolverine isnt trying to kick you, he is trying to cut you, so thats why your not seeing him doing extraordinary things. What is a kick going to do against the hulk, sabertooth, wendigo, you get my point, when he can just cut you to pieces.

ExtraMision5555
If you look in every hand book it has sabertooth at 6, he knows the training but he just dont use it because he dont have to. Wolverine is better than deadpool, deadpool is very trained thats why he gives wolverine a fight, he is marked at 6 and that mean that he knows numerous of martial arts. Iron fist is also marked at 6. Wolverine is marked at 7 and thats in every handbook that i have read except the ultimate wolverine they have his fighting skills at 6 but they gave him a speed boost. Normal wolverine speed is marked at 2 out of 7 but ultimate wolverine speed is at 3 out of 7 but it was stated by comic writers that wolverine would own ultimate wolverine due to experience. Wolverine is classified as 1 of the best fighters in marvel universe and captain america and mr.x is on the same level as him. I know it hurts a lot of wolverine haters on this site that he is up there but deal with it, they didnt give him that title of "the best there is" for nothing.

Sorry to tell you this but they always classify daredevil under wolverine in the fighting dept. Daredevil is marked at 5 everytime i look it up. Thats not bad, he is still an experienced fighter but wolverine is better.

What you all seem not to understand is that wolverine dont need to use his fighting skills in battle thats why you rarely see it. He can take punishment but from the times that i have witness him use it, he has shown to be great, especially during his 1st appearance, they showed it alot but they have shown it less and lesser because he thrive on his healing factor, theres no need to use it when you can take punishment all day. You all dont get it, why would he need to do a round house or a summer sault when his main attack is in his hands. Wolverine isnt trying to kick you, he is trying to cut you, so thats why your not seeing him doing extraordinary things. What is a kick going to do against the hulk, sabertooth, wendigo, you get my point, when he can just cut you to pieces.

Good thing the guys that write the handbooks dont write the Comics then eh?

Soleran
The likelyhood of a straight up street level guy beating Wolverine for a majority of wins is very slim unless they can heal like he can.

Wolverine 8/10 against DD.

Healing Factor and skillz take this match.

mighty adam
why do people hate wolverine for? he's a great character

The Fake Macoy
Some of us "hate" Wolverine since there seems to be a huge amount of PIS and we miss the days when he wasn't immortal, invincible, or starring in every single book. Before anyone asks, yes, that is an exaggeration.

As to this fight a few things. One, Wolverine's "higher" fighting skills" are ranked on how many styles he's "mastered." That's not much of an advantage at all, since if you've mastered 2 styles, or 100, there really isn't that much of a difference.

Also, Wolverine doesn't need to use his fighting skills in a battle? What is he, a masochist or something? Fighting skills are any skills related to fighting. If he's got the skill, why wouldn't he use it? That would be like if I knew how to speak french, but whenever I'm in France I just speak English since I know most people will understand me.

Also, in his first appearance, he was knocked out by a GLANCING blow from the Hulk. When a glancing blow can knock you out, that's not a time when you want to get hit dead on.

As to this fight, I really believe that DD has better fighting abilities since I've seen him use them way more consistantly. However, Wolverine can take a lot more punishment. I think this fight would be really close. Maybe I might give DD a slight edge, but nothing too large.

Rewmac
Decide...Wolverine vs. Matt...Wolverine controlled all out on Matt, Daredevil is holding back he knows something is wrong with Logan. Enemy Of The State part 5...

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j105/Rewmac/Scans/Random/w-24-05.jpg

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j105/Rewmac/Scans/Random/w-24-10.jpg

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j105/Rewmac/Scans/Random/w-24-11.jpg

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j105/Rewmac/Scans/Random/w-24-12.jpg

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j105/Rewmac/Scans/Random/w-24-13.jpg

I really like this match up. Wolverine (without KMC upgrade) and The Daredevil....I want to read a 6 eps mini with this..Honestly it would be could two great fighters and good characters are fighting. And Matt is bit of low on respect (from my side as well)...

carver9
Originally posted by Rewmac
Decide...Wolverine vs. Matt...Wolverine controlled all out on Matt, Daredevil is holding back he knows something is wrong with Logan. Enemy Of The State part 5...

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j105/Rewmac/Scans/Random/w-24-05.jpg

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j105/Rewmac/Scans/Random/w-24-10.jpg

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j105/Rewmac/Scans/Random/w-24-11.jpg

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j105/Rewmac/Scans/Random/w-24-12.jpg

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j105/Rewmac/Scans/Random/w-24-13.jpg

I really like this match up. Wolverine (without KMC upgrade) and The Daredevil....I want to read a 6 eps mini with this..Honestly it would be could two great fighters and good characters are fighting. And Matt is bit of low on respect (from my side as well)...

You do realize that that was a mind controlled wolverine. Can daredevil beat namor, when he could then I'll agree with you on him beating wolverine. Can matt stalemate venom or hulk, I dont think that he could. Can matt fight a super team by himself, I dont think that he could. Wolverine would beat daredevil but it would be a good fight, daredevil could give any fighter a good fight, captain america, iron fist, spiderman, etc but coming out with a win is the problem, even though I think that him, cap, spiderman and spiderman are about equal, except spiderman have superstrength but that didnt help spiderman against elektra when she almost killed him numerous times but daredevil and elektra beat each other at times. Happy Dance

Wolverine wins but not easy since daredevil is a great tactitian.

Rewmac
You do realize that that was a mind controlled wolverine. Can daredevil beat namor, when he could then I'll agree with you on him beating wolverine. Can matt stalemate venom or hulk, I dont think that he could. Can matt fight a super team by himself, I dont think that he could. Wolverine would beat daredevil but it would be a good fight, daredevil could give any fighter a good fight, captain america, iron fist, spiderman, etc but coming out with a win is the problem, even though I think that him, cap, spiderman and spiderman are about equal, except spiderman have superstrength but that didnt help spiderman against elektra when she almost killed him numerous times but daredevil and elektra beat each other at times. Happy Dance

Wolverine wins but not easy since daredevil is a great tactitian.

Does DareDevil have enough popularity to beat Wolverine ???

Correct answer : No.

Rewmac
Did Matt ever got owned by a goat???

Did Hulk got owned by a goat???

Did Wolverine beat Namor ???

Did the Sentry own Wolverine's ass???

Are they making Wolverine so strong because his popular???

Correct answer : Yes.

carver9
Originally posted by Rewmac
Did Matt ever got owned by a goat???

Did Hulk got owned by a goat???

Did Wolverine beat Namor ???

Did the Sentry own Wolverine's ass???

Are they making Wolverine so strong because his popular???

Correct answer : Yes.

and your point with this post. wolverine has become more and more powerful threw the years and your point again is what. Did spiderman get slapped around by a 90 year old man in a vulture suit. answer yes. Did spiderman get squezzed to sleep by a physically fit human, king pin, answer is yes. Wolverine got kicked by a deer, what point is it that you are trying to make, he still get right back up when the hulk or sasquash or even sabertooth (who is stronger than a deer.)

There a lot of wolverine haters. In this fight wolverine is the better fighter and thats all that count. Daredevil will get some licks in, I dont think that theres any fighters on the planet that daredevil wont give a good fight to but he aint winning. By the way, yes wolverine did beat namor and almost killed him twice. Once is on there 1st encounter and the second time was when us agent had to come and save his life. And how is hulk ever going to get owned by a deer when hes a 1000 pounds and 8 ft tall with diamond skin, in which wolverine is only 5 ft 3, 395 pounds. Do the math.

jrodslam
Wolverine has seen Daredevil fight and watched him use nerve strikes on more than one occasion. He'll be on the lookout

Hes seen DD use nerve strikes probably twice. He wouldnt think its a major part of DD's arsenal to look out for. Now the billy clubs? Im sure hed be on the lookout for those.

I don't get it. You have Logan has the skills, but he doesn't use them consistently so you doubt they're that great, but then you go on to say that Daredevil has skills even though he doesn't use them like that either?

Yes. I say Logan does have skills, but he doesnt show them enough for me to say hes the best or even top 5 in skills. You on the other hand are saying that DD doesnt use his skills like that?What the f**k? Are you serious? DD uses his skills on a regular basis.

And I say your wrong. I recommend you look back at some issues where Wolverine was depowered. You'll see just how skilled he is. Also you say Matt is one of the best cause he's been trained by one of the top martial artists in Marvel. What about the fact that Logan has beaten some of the top martial artists in Marvel?

Im wrong about what? DD showing more skills on a consistant basis than Wolverine? I highly doubt im wrong about that. It was mentioned that DD's senses are what makes him as good as he is and i stated that even without the senses, hed still be one of the most skilled fighters. Ok. Logan has beaten some ofthe top ma's in Marvel. Due to skill being used? Some. And some bullshit thrown in there as well. Once again, youre making it seem as if im saying Logan isnt skilled. He just doesnt show to be top 5 imo.

Please please show me these comics that show me that Daredevil is more skilled than Wolverine and then I'll accept you point. Based on what I've read however, Wolverine is EASILY in the top 5 martial artist in the MU. Wolverine breaks even with him in most aspects, but outclasses him in strength, durability and skills. Daredevil's senses do compensate for his lack of skill and enable him to last but alot of the tactics he relies on to win won't help here. Rolling with blows won't help against the claws, hoping his opponent will tire won't work since Logan has more endurance and nerve strikes against a guy who'll be expecting it from you plus knows how they work won't be very helpful.

Showing you comics to prove DD is more skilled than Wolvie would take too long my friend. That shouldnt even be up for debate. You have Daredevil do things cnsistantly for years, but Wolvie does things a few times a year and say hes just as skilled as DD by so little showings? In a way, it would be out of character for Wolvie to use actual skill in his battles. Thats how rarely he uses them. DD's senses dont compensate for lack of skill. They add to his skill making him even better. Rolling with blows would help him against the claws. Thats due to fighting skill and not the senses. You say Wolvie is "EASILY" in the top 5 martial artists in the MU. Whos the top 5 in your opinion then?

carver9
Hes seen DD use nerve strikes probably twice. He wouldnt think its a major part of DD's arsenal to look out for. Now the billy clubs? Im sure hed be on the lookout for those.

Yes. I say Logan does have skills, but he doesnt show them enough for me to say hes the best or even top 5 in skills. You on the other hand are saying that DD doesnt use his skills like that?What the f**k? Are you serious? DD uses his skills on a regular basis.

Im wrong about what? DD showing more skills on a consistant basis than Wolverine? I highly doubt im wrong about that. It was mentioned that DD's senses are what makes him as good as he is and i stated that even without the senses, hed still be one of the most skilled fighters. Ok. Logan has beaten some ofthe top ma's in Marvel. Due to skill being used? Some. And some bullshit thrown in there as well. Once again, youre making it seem as if im saying Logan isnt skilled. He just doesnt show to be top 5 imo.

Showing you comics to prove DD is more skilled than Wolvie would take too long my friend. That shouldnt even be up for debate. You have Daredevil do things cnsistantly for years, but Wolvie does things a few times a year and say hes just as skilled as DD by so little showings? In a way, it would be out of character for Wolvie to use actual skill in his battles. Thats how rarely he uses them. DD's senses dont compensate for lack of skill. They add to his skill making him even better. Rolling with blows would help him against the claws. Thats due to fighting skill and not the senses. You say Wolvie is "EASILY" in the top 5 martial artists in the MU. Whos the top 5 in your opinion then?

look here and tell me what they say about wolverine fighting ability.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolverine_(comics)

From that it could state that he is the best

carver9
Look here from marvel own mouth and see what they say about wolverine fighting style.

http://www.marvel.com/universe/Wolverine_%28James_Howlett%29

jrodslam
look here and tell me what they say about wolverine fighting ability.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolverine_(comics)

From that it could state that he is the best

I just wanna say that you rely to much on bios and stats instead of whats shown constantly in comics my friend.

carver9
Now lets see what the same people say about daredevil fighting skills, is they going to mark him as one of the best on the planet or is they going to say that he knows every fighting style on the planet, lets see.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daredevil_(Marvel_Comics)

http://www.marvel.com/universe/Daredevil_%28Matthew_Murdock%29

I dont think that they said anything like that about him.

Like i said wolverine owns him.

carver9
I just wanna say that you rely to much on bios and stats instead of whats shown constantly in comics my friend.

From me seeing him defeat captain america, shang, shatter star and others that also tells me how great he is. The pages that Im giving you is just an addition.

jrodslam
Now lets see what the same people say about daredevil fighting skills, is they going to mark him as one of the best on the planet or is they going to say that he knows every fighting style on the planet, lets see.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daredevil_(Marvel_Comics)

http://www.marvel.com/universe/Daredevil_%28Matthew_Murdock%29

I dont think that they said anything like that about him.

Like i said wolverine owns him.

Wolverine owns DD? His record against Daredevil says otherwise. DD 2 Wolvie 0.

xmarksthespot
Wolverine takes the majority.

ExtraMision5555
True or False:

Wolverine is a more skilled h2h combatnant than daredevil.

Answer:false

capt it up
I only want to say a few things to this:

1) DD's senses are far superior to Wolverine's. As much as you want them to be, Wolvie's just aren't in the same league.
The fact are logans senses are in DD league. You can deny it all you want, but your just wrong.

DD has greater hearing. slightly
Logan has greater smelling. Slightly
Touch equals
Taste equals
DD has radar senses how ever, but logan does not need it because he can see.

Like in infinity wars when logan new who the clones were when DD did not

How about (The Uncanny x-men annual the return of exodus!) Wolverine knows the real Madrox from the fakes

2) DD is more agile. And possibly quicker/better reflexes OR as good as Wolverine. The guy bats away bullets with his billy clubs like it's his job.
There not a bit of prove to suggest DD is more agile.

Has DD ever caught a bullet?

3) A shot to the nuts has taken Wolverine out AT LEAST two times now in canon comics.
It happen ounce in an ennis comic. It made no senses at all. Fact is it was PIS and ennis is a hack

I think it's safe to say that the severe pain a shot to the groin produces could put him down for a bit.
No it not. Having your self shot full of bullets>>>groin shot
Being lit on fire>>>>groin shot
Being stabbed repeatedly>>>>>groin shot
Taking shots from 100 class characters>>>>groin shot
And so on.

Merry Christmas, amigos.
Merey x-mas

capt it up

ExtraMision5555

Touch equals
Taste equals

Touch does not equal
DD can feel muscle contractions, a big reason why he defeats the majority of streeet level marvel h2h combatnants.
Taste is debateable as well.

Other than that, i grudgeingly say wolverine probably wins a slight majority.

DD would have to be on his absolute best behavior

King KAM
Wolverine could be KOed by DD if DD is lucky, it just matters on the writers, High end feats show Wolverine not being KOed by damn near nothing, than others show him getting KOed by a rock.

ExtraMision5555
Originally posted by King KAM
, High end feats show Wolverine not being KOed by damn near nothing, than others show him getting KOed by a rock.

thumb up

Rewmac
Which comic is the Iron Fist fight capt?? I remember that just can't recall the issue.

Soljer
Capt - fix your links. Wherever you copied them from, copy link location, not just the text.

As it is, it's trying to take you to an image shack site with ... in the address.

Metalmanx
The fact are logans senses are in DD league. You can deny it all you want, but your just wrong.

Touch equals
Taste equals

Like in infinity wars when logan new who the clones were when DD did not

DD's sense of hearing is far better than Wolverine's. He can pick out a single, individual voice in the busy city.

I'll give Logan the benefit of the doubt that his sense of smell is on par with Matt's. It's by no means better though.

Touch equals? You wish, dude. When's the last time Logan was able to read regular text using only his fingertips? erm

I won't even argue the taste one, since it's pretty much a non-factor here.

And just because Logan can see doesn't mean sight = radar sense. The radar sense is FAR superior to sight any day of the week.

How about (The Uncanny x-men annual the return of exodus!) Wolverine knows the real Madrox from the fakes

That's a goddamned lucky guess. The dupes are in every way exact duplicates of Jamie. Logan probably just deduced the original via Jamie's actions, since he only ACTS differently than his dupes. But they are, genetically, the exact same person.

There not a bit of prove to suggest DD is more agile.

Except everything that he does? erm

Has DD ever caught a bullet?

Why catch them when he can EASILY bat them away with his billy clubs? He's done it SEVERAL times now over the years.

It happen ounce in an ennis comic. It made no senses at all. Fact is it was PIS and ennis is a hack

Nope, also happened with Puck. Puck one-shot Logan in the balls, he went down. Not long, mind you. But went down nonetheless.

Metalmanx

ExtraMision5555
DD's sense of hearing is far better than Wolverine's. He can pick out a single, individual voice in the busy city.

I'll give Logan the benefit of the doubt that his sense of smell is on par with Matt's. It's by no means better though.

Touch equals? You wish, dude. When's the last time Logan was able to read regular text using only his fingertips? erm

I won't even argue the taste one, since it's pretty much a non-factor here.

And just because Logan can see doesn't mean sight = radar sense. The radar sense is FAR superior to sight any day of the week.

That's a goddamned lucky guess. The dupes are in every way exact duplicates of Jamie. Logan probably just deduced the original via Jamie's actions, since he only ACTS differently than his dupes. But they are, genetically, the exact same person.

There not a bit of prove to suggest DD is more agile
Except everything that he does? erm

Why catch them when he can EASILY bat them away with his billy clubs? He's done it SEVERAL times now over the years.

Nope, also happened with Puck. Puck one-shot Logan in the balls, he went down. Not long, mind you. But went down nonetheless.

buff post thumb up (sorry its a little messed up)

capt it up

King KAM
that post took up wayyyy to much space for me to even attempt to read.

capt it up
that post took up wayyyy to much space for me to even attempt to read.
im glad not ever one is as lazy as you

Metalmanx
Well, I'm not lazy. I did read it, but it's really the same old stuff over and over again.

It's really pretty useless debating against Wolverine with you, don't know why I keep trying. Guess I'm just a glutton for punishment. erm

capt it up
Well, I'm not lazy. I did read it, but it's really the same old stuff over and over again.

It's really pretty useless debating against Wolverine with you, don't know why I keep trying. Guess I'm just a glutton for punishment. erm

so what you mean is you have no way to prove a thing?

Ya it really usless debating against me when you can't prove a thing you have said and I can prove every thing I have said.

marvelprince
That's not necessarily true. Enhanced (which I still have yet to see any proof to show he has it erm) durabilty won't necessarily stop nerve strikes from being affected. Durability has nothing to do with your entire arm/leg/etc. just losing all feeling and function. Sure, it won't put him down, but it'll render his limb useless until it heals.

For example. Even WITH enhanced durabilty, a poke to the eye doesn't take much pressure at all to cause major damage. Same thing applies here. Nerve clusters are EXTREMELY sensitive, like the eyes. They'll do their damage, regardless of Logan's healing factor.

And honestly? I know Wolverine is skilled. I never once argued that he's not. But I truly believe his so called "skill" is overrated. Daredevil has shown loads of far superior martial arts skills in pretty much every single issue. In my opinion, Daredevil is a more skilled martial artist.

P.S.--Wonder how long it'll take anyone to call me a "Wolverine Hater" this time? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Have to disagree here. Daredevil does rely on his skill more because lets face it, he can't just sink his claws into everyone and call it a day. Wolverine doesn't show it all the time but he has the skills. Hate to beat dead horses but he's beaten Shang, the guy that embarassed Iron Fist for starters and even eithout his powers he was doing better against Mr X than guys like Taskmaster. He is definitely up there in terms of martial art skill.

Alfheim
Wolverine wins 7/10. Daredevil is slightly faster and maybe more skillful but Wolverine can take alot of damage and has more stamina. Daredevil has no protection and is sooner or later going to get a serious slash from Wolverine.

marvelprince
Originally posted by Alfheim
Wolverine wins 7/10. Daredevil is slightly faster and maybe more skillful but Wolverine can take alot of damage and has more stamina. Daredevil has no protection and is sooner or later going to get a serious slash from Wolverine.

Basically. Except Wolverine is more skilled

riceroost
You people are leaving out much of the advantages DD's senses gives him. 1. sense of touch gives him balance, and agility. True, his agility isn't technically classified as superhuman, but it is on par with most superhumans. 2. The radar doesn't just mean DD will know when the claws are coming out. 3. Hearing. The man can hear muscles contracting. He'll know when wolvie is going to strike, and where. Also, Im wagering a dodge from one of logans slashes fallowed by a swift billyclub strike to the nuts will hurt Logan plenty. And I could be wrong, but aren't wolverines tendons not coated with adamantium? If DD can shatter a DIAMOND absorbing man, Im wagering he can pop a few bones out of place. And since Wolverine has super senses on par with DD he will have all those advantages as well...therefor DD has no advantages... except a radar, which Wolverine trumps by having super VISION.

peejayd
Touch equals
Taste equals

* know what's the problem? Logan/James Howlett is NOT the one who was blinded by an accident and was granted heightened senses on his remaining senses... it was Matt Murdock... laughing

Soljer
Meh, as far as senses go, Daredevil's hearing, touch, and taste are MUCH, MUCH, MUCH more sensitive than Logan's.

There is some evidence that would indicate Logan's sense of smell is more sensitive. But that's it.

And Radar sense is a hell of a lot more than a substitute for vision.

Regardless of these facts, Wolverine still wins the majority. Just saying that comparing Daredevil's sense to Logan's in any arena other than smell is ridiculous.

marvelprince
Meh, as far as senses go, Daredevil's hearing, touch, and taste are MUCH, MUCH, MUCH more sensitive than Logan's.

There is some evidence that would indicate Logan's sense of smell is more sensitive. But that's it.

And Radar sense is a hell of a lot more than a substitute for vision.

Regardless of these facts, Wolverine still wins the majority. Just saying that comparing Daredevil's sense to Logan's in any arena other than smell is ridiculous.

Quoted for truth. Daredevil's senses, except for maybe his sense of smell (which is also up in the air for me), are far superior to Wolverine's. Even so Matt is out of his league. Wolverine outmatches him physically plus there's not much Daredevil can do to him to keep him for long

PlasticMan411
Daredevil 10/10

Soljer
Originally posted by PlasticMan411
Daredevil 10/10

Says the man who just made an Iron man vs. HAL JORDAN thread.

Yeah, your opinion amounts to a lot.

PlasticMan411

wtf? What the f**k? What the f**k?

batdude123

laughing out loud

marvelprince
Originally posted by PlasticMan411
Daredevil 10/10

Um...no he doesn't.

jinzin
Quoted for truth. Daredevil's senses, except for maybe his sense of smell (which is also up in the air for me), are far superior to Wolverine's. what about sight? confused

j/k

Beta Ray Howard
Though I'm no means a Wolverine fan, I'm giving this one to him. Healing factor + adamantium weapons makes one hell of a difference.

Skillwise, I lean with Daredevil because he constantly applies it. I know Logan is knowledgable, but he hardly applies it himself. He tends to stick to his own developed fighting style that utilizes the use of his claws and rougher preferences.

marvelprince
Originally posted by jinzin
what about sight? confused

j/k

laughing out loud Forgot about that one

peejayd
* how about this?

guy222
Wolverine10/10

I agree. Logan can't be killed unless his head is severed. Prolly grow back

batdude123
* how about this?

How about Ennis writing is complete ass?

Soljer
Originally posted by batdude123

Sounds about right.

King KAM
Originally posted by guy222
I agree. Logan can't be killed unless his head is severed. Prolly grow back and you sir have just reached a new level of Ignorance, congradulations!

oh yeah....some guy named Darwin came by here looking for ya earlier, he said you were late to clock out.

Zahit
and you sir have just reached a new level of Ignorance, congradulations!

oh yeah....some guy named Darwin came by here looking for ya earlier, he said you were late to clock out.

hysterical

Metalmanx
Originally posted by Zahit
hysterical

That was funny...? confused erm

Soljer
That was funny...? confused erm

Well, it wasn't THAT funny.

But it was chuckle worthy, mayhaps.

Kid Kurdy
* how about this?
Lame artwork, lame story, unrealistic fight.

Zahit
i thought it was funny..... embarrasment

stick out tongue

Metalmanx
Originally posted by Zahit
i thought it was funny..... embarrasment

stick out tongue

S'cool. stick out tongue

fsufan89
wolvie 9/10

peejayd

* so you think DD can't land a nice nerve shot to Logan? confused

Soljer

Do you honestly think that Daredevil can land enough nerve shots to take Wolverine out of the fight before Wolverine can land a single claw swipe, which will certainly do the same to Matt?

Also, Ennis' writing IS complete ass.

batdude123

So do you think that's all it would require to take Wolverine out of the fight when he's had swords pierced through his throat?

Soljer
So do you think that's all it would require to take Wolverine out of the fight when he's had swords pierced through his throat?

That too.

jrodslam
Do you honestly think that Daredevil can land enough nerve shots to take Wolverine out of the fight before Wolverine can land a single claw swipe, which will certainly do the same to Matt?

Also, Ennis' writing IS complete ass.

Whats enough nerv shots? Daredevil can cause total paralysis with one move. Wouldnt that take Wolvie out of the fight? Can he do it before gettig a slash that will take him down? Maybe, maybe not.

Daredevil1
Logan takes it 6-8/10

Daredevil one of earth best martial artist. But come face to face with regeneration abilities, unbreakable bones, plus with B level skills.

Ability to take punishment and keep on going. Daredevil is'nt taking a majority. As much as I like Daredevil.

Soljer
Whats enough nerv shots? Daredevil can cause total paralysis with one move. Wouldnt that take Wolvie out of the fight? Can he do it before gettig a slash that will take him down? Maybe, maybe not.

So, if you don't mind, could I see a scan of Daredevil ever causing full body paralysis on a combatant who happened to be one of the world's best, who also happened to be a bit faster than Matt?

Besides the one Ennis showing, I've never seen how Logan's reacted to nerve shots. If anyone could fill me in, that'd be great. I'm not entirely sure how a healing factor would affect it. I mean, there has been tons of speculation on the topic, but I've never actually seen any proof for either side debating the case.

jrodslam
So, if you don't mind, could I see a scan of Daredevil ever causing full body paralysis on a combatant who happened to be one of the world's best, who also happened to be a bit faster than Matt?

Besides the one Ennis showing, I've never seen how Logan's reacted to nerve shots. If anyone could fill me in, that'd be great. I'm not entirely sure how a healing factor would affect it. I mean, there has been tons of speculation on the topic, but I've never actually seen any proof for either side debating the case.

Well Daredevil has never done that to a combatant on a high level of skill. Even so, once applied, if applied, whether the persons highly trained or not, it will have its effect. He did however do the move in front of Wolvie and Wolverine said...."Nice move. Is he dead?" Apparently not even knowing waht DD did. Would Wolvies superior speed(if it is superior) show in combat against each other? I doubt it considering it was Wolvie who commented on DD's speed. Thus i dont think speed or strength plays a factor here at all. Skill and dodging ability plays the biggest part here imo.

Alfheim
I'm not entirely sure how a healing factor would affect it. I mean, there has been tons of speculation on the topic, but I've never actually seen any proof for either side debating the case.

As far as I know Wolverine would be knocked out but for a shorter period than anybody else. There was this non-canon comic were Dr Spock used a pressure point on Wolverine. Wolverine was out but recovered almost instantly.

Eventhough it was non-canon it seems to be consistent in what would happen to Wolverine. Obvoulsy somebody better than Dr Spock could keep Wolverine knocked out for longer.

Metalmanx
Which is exactly my point. Wolverine can get knocked out. And it doesn't matter as to how long he's knocked out. If he's KOed, even fore a moment, then he's KOed.

Alfheim
Which is exactly my point. Wolverine can get knocked out. And it doesn't matter as to how long he's knocked out. If he's KOed, even fore a moment, then he's KOed.

Ive never seen DD use pressure points on any really good MA characters.....well lets put it this way he doesnt do it easily. The chances are Wolverine can avoid some of DD's moves and may have some resistance to some of the pressure points. While DD doesnt have a healing factor...

DD has more to lose.

Somebody posted a fight between DD and KP on the NW vs KP thread. DD only used pressure points when it looked like he was going to die. I think Wolverine would do better than KP (Kingpin).

Soljer

Agreed, certainly.

A one second KO is still a one second KO.

However, how are we defining knock out, here? Shouldn't it be the definition of knock out? A loss of consciousness? I mean, if Wolverine loses the use of his left hand for a few moments the way Daredevil's done to the Punisher, it doesn't mean he won't regain the use of it fairly quickly, right?

I don't really consider incapacitation a victory. Especially temporary incapacitation.

Though, Daredevil COULD use incapacitation as a method to victory, if he incapacitated Wolverine, did as much damage as possible and then re-incapacitated Wolverine before the first one 'wore off.'

Still think it's more likely that Wolverine could score a single claw swipe than it is that Daredevil will land the right type or combination of pressure points on Wolverine.

And, yes, I'll admit, speed and strength don't play much of a factor. An advantage is an advantage, but the difference isn't large enough in the speed arena to be the principle topic of discussion. And Wolverine's strength hardly matters as he's using a bladed weapon.

Though, it is worth noting that a full-body-incapacitation would likely require Daredevil to get well within striking distance of Logan, whereas Logan has the reach to slash Matt without giving Matt a clear opening.

Also, though Wolverine isn't SIGNIFICANTLY faster or SIGNIFICANTLY more skilled than Matt, I'm almost certain that he was significantly both when compared to the guy that Matt pulled off full-body paralysis on. erm.

This isn't any curbstomp; Matt has the capability to win. Just not a clear majority, in my opinion.

riceroost
1) DD's senses are far superior to Wolverine's. As much as you want them to be, Wolvie's just aren't in the same league.Yet the only time they have ever been compared Wolverine's sense of smell was found to be more acute, so that statment is wrong.
2) DD is more agile. And possibly quicker/better reflexes OR as good as Wolverine. The guy bats away bullets with his billy clubs like it's his job.DD has all the agility of a world class gymnast. Wolverine has beyond human agility thanks to his healing factor. DD's reflexes aren't better. No one can prove they are. Common sense says they can't be. Wolverine has flicked away bullets with his claws and optic blasts with a sword and dodged light speed projectiles without looking so DD clearly has nothing on him in the reflexes department.
3) A shot to the nuts has taken Wolverine out AT LEAST two times now in canon comics. I think it's safe to say that the severe pain a shot to the groin produces could put him down for a bit. I'm pretty sure falling off the helicarrier would be about a billion times more painful than a low blow so your argument is pointless. Regardless Wolverine has continued to fight after ball shots from Sabretooth (Wolverine # 90) who is at least 10 times stronger than DD so again I think Larry Hama's example holds a BIT more weight than Garth Ennis foolishness. I;m also sure that being impaled through the trunk of the body is more painful and we know Wolverine fights through that easily. Ball shot will not work.

riceroost
Can Logan be KOed?

Sure.

The Odds of DD doing it are like a million to one.

The odds of DD getting a nerve strike before Logan gives him a nerve strike or an adamantium fist to the face, or a decap swipe aren't good either.

The odds of that nerve strike having any relevant effect are about a million to one.

If the guy can shrug off a punch to the face from a pissed Hulk do you honestly think a nerve strike from DD will do more damage? Seriously? Seriously? All Wolvy hating aside for once. Can you say that with a straight face?

Metalmanx
Yet the only time they have ever been compared Wolverine's sense of smell was found to be more acute, so that statment is wrong.

DD has all the agility of a world class gymnast. Wolverine has beyond human agility thanks to his healing factor. DD's reflexes aren't better. No one can prove they are. Common sense says they can't be. Wolverine has flicked away bullets with his claws and optic blasts with a sword and dodged light speed projectiles without looking so DD clearly has nothing on him in the reflexes department.

I'm pretty sure falling off the helicarrier would be about a billion times more painful than a low blow so your argument is pointless. Regardless Wolverine has continued to fight after ball shots from Sabretooth (Wolverine # 90) who is at least 10 times stronger than DD so again I think Larry Hama's example holds a BIT more weight than Garth Ennis foolishness. I;m also sure that being impaled through the trunk of the body is more painful and we know Wolverine fights through that easily. Ball shot will not work.

I don't recall their senses ever being compared in a crossover. What comic # was that?

Regardless, IF Wolverine's sense of smell is better (although I still haven't seen much to say that's it's better), that's the only sense that he has better than DD's (taste is unknown and not important). DD's sensing of hearing, touch, and radar sense (Wolverine doesn't even have one to compare to) are superior.

Have you not seen the several times Daredevil has batted away bullets with his billy clubs? Wolverine does it, Daredevil does it. I see no Wolverine-advantage here.

I'm sure falling off a helicarrier is a horrible, horrible pain. However, it was not just under Ennis' writing that a nut-shot has taken Wolverine down. Puck has done the same thing to Wolverine, and he went down. Just saying. And the argument is not pointless. They're complerely different kinds of pains, falling from an extreme height and a powerful shot to a highly sensitive area. no expression

masterbruce
MetalmanX, you seem to have an unhealthy obsession with Logan's nutsack.

Metalmanx
Can Logan be KOed?

Sure.

The Odds of DD doing it are like a million to one.

The odds of DD getting a nerve strike before Logan gives him a nerve strike or an adamantium fist to the face, or a decap swipe aren't good either.

The odds of that nerve strike having any relevant effect are about a million to one.

If the guy can shrug off a punch to the face from a pissed Hulk do you honestly think a nerve strike from DD will do more damage? Seriously? Seriously? All Wolvy hating aside for once. Can you say that with a straight face?

Honestly? Yes. And no, it isn't Wolverine-hating. I don't hate Wolverine. I just want him to stay consistent with his character. If they upgrade him, then fine. Just don't have him lose to someone WAY underneath him ever again after that. If they don't upgrade him, then I'd like for him to stop beating people WAY above him. Know what I mean?

Like I said in my previous post, they are two different kinds of pains being delivered--Hulk's punches and Daredevil's nerve strikes. It's like comparing apples and oranges.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by masterbruce
MetalmanX, you seem to have an unhealthy obsession with Logan's nutsack.

Glad you noticed. roll eyes (sarcastic)

I use it as a method since it has proven AT LEAST twice to be a very effective method of putting Wolverine down, if even for a few moments.

Alfheim

Noooo riceroost it doesnt work like that im afraid. MA characters may not be able to lift a 100 tons but they can sometimes do the equivalent damage in MA terms. For example DD has taken out Mr Hyde with one shot so could the Hulk.

Also you have to look at the different showings I have seen some encounters where Wolverine has been badly messed up by the Hulk.

Honestly? Yes. And no, it isn't Wolverine-hating. I don't hate Wolverine. I just want him to stay consistent with his character.

You say the same thing about Cap.

P.S. If you wanna discuss it take to the Cap scans discussion thread.

xmarksthespot
MetalmanX, you seem to have an unhealthy obsession with Logan's nutsack. Masterbruce, you seem to have an unhealthy obsession with being a complete and utter ****wad. But hey, who's counting.

riceroost
I don't recall their senses ever being compared in a crossover. What comic # was that? It was in one of the Infinity crossovers. Infinity War I think. Issue # 2 or 3. It takes DD quite a while to discover what Wolverine instantly recognizes and then only by exclusively concentrating on the thing Wolverine was talking about. As in Reed's body. DD clearly alludes to the fact that Wolvy's sense of smell is much more highly developed than his own.
Regardless, IF Wolverine's sense of smell is better (although I still haven't seen much to say that's it's better), that's the only sense that he has better than DD's (taste is unknown and not important). DD's sensing of hearing, touch, and radar sense (Wolverine doesn't even have one to compare to) are superior. You can't prove any of the following since Wolverine and DD have never sat down and compared powers except to my knowledge the one Infinity example. Touch is unimportant anyway. Senses in general are unimportant to this fight. Neither one is likely to sneak up on the other, obviously.

DD has Radar. Yay for him. Wolverine can see. Not only that he has SUPER SIGHT. He can see very far and with greater clarity than humans or animals. He can also see in the dark. Wolverine also has an impressive record of dodging things that travel at fantastic speed without looking at what is coming so obviously Wolverine possesses some sort of quick alert system similar in some fassion to DD's radar. It may not be as fully developed, but again Wolverine can SEE so there is no disadvantage for anyone.
Have you not seen the several times Daredevil has batted away bullets with his billy clubs? Wolverine does it, Daredevil does it. I see no Wolverine-advantage here.Obviously I've seen them both do it. However DD has no way of explaining how he does it since his frail human speed should make that feat vastly impossible for him to accomplish, unlike Wolverine who is much faster than anything human. Common Sense says Wolverine does it better.
I'm sure falling off a helicarrier is a horrible, horrible pain. However, it was not just under Ennis' writing that a nut-shot has taken Wolverine down. Puck has done the same thing to Wolverine, and he went down. Just saying. And the argument is not pointless. They're complerely different kinds of pains, falling from an extreme height and a powerful shot to a highly sensitive area. no expression Oh wow a nut shot hurt Wolverine 1 time legitimately under a decent writer. Unfortunately I happen to believe that being IMPALED hurts about a million times worse than a nutshot and Wolverine has shrugged that off, continued to fight, and pulled said impaling object out countless times without batting an eye. Falling off a helicarrier ensures Wolverine's insides are turned to jello (including his balls) I'm sure that hurts more than a low blow too. I dont get why you are fighting this. Wolverine's extensively documented god-like pain tolerance levels ensure that a chop to the throat, a cup check, or a billy club to the eye socket should not be slowing him down in 99 out of 100 cases. I know it and you know it, you just choose to cling to the few examples where Wolverine is showed as uncharacteristically vulnerable.

This entire argument is irritating. The entire flow of the argument is how much damage can Wolvy take? Can DD hurt him? When the correct question is Who can hurt who worse? Who can win faster? Who is more likely to win? Wolverine wins that argument hands down.

masterbruce
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Masterbruce, you seem to have an unhealthy obsession with being a complete and utter ****wad. But hey, who's counting.

How am I being a f&*kwad? I just made an observation. sad

Alfheim
Can DD hurt him?

DD used his senses apparently to smash a diamond Absorbing man if he cann do that he can hiurt Wolverine, period.

masterbruce
DD used his senses apparently to smash a diamond Absorbing man if he cann do that he can hiurt Wolverine, period.

so DD can now smash diamonds because he has super senses? BULLSHEET

xmarksthespot
How am I being a f&*kwad? I just made an observation. sad Well let's see, first there was the whole mind body soul vigilante crap, then you follow Metalmanx around the forum making asinine comments about him disliking Wolverine simply because he isn't posting in favour of him, when really no one cares. Just overall doucheness. smile

Oh and Wolverine wins.

Alfheim
so DD can now smash diamonds because he has super senses? BULLSHEET

Well thats what the super senses are for...thats why they are super....Is this how you're going to argue?

Well you know what is bullshit they fact that Wolverine can take more than one hit from The Hulk when Adamantuim doesnt absorb impact like Cap's shield does.

It wont destroy his skull but the impact should turn Wolverines brains to mush.

riceroost
Noooo riceroost it doesnt work like that im afraid. MA characters may not be able to lift a 100 tons but they can sometimes do the equivalent damage in MA terms. For example DD has taken out Mr Hyde with one shot so could the Hulk.Dumbest thing I've ever heard and everyone else here knows it. I repeat the best showing of a MA character using their plain skills against a high level brick was Wolverine trying a nerve pinch on Rogue. It did nothing. That is how it should be.

According to your logic Wolverine's MA skills alone give him the offensive potential to hang with the Hulk. Yet he also has unigue weaponry (adamantium claws) so using your flawed logic he should now be twice as deadly as the Hulk. Does that make sense to anyone else? It didn't to me either.
Also you have to look at the different showings I have seen some encounters where Wolverine has been badly messed up by the Hulk.Yet he has always been able to take Hulk's punishment except for 1 occassion when he didn't have a healing factor.

Taking a Hulk punch involves muscles being pulped and ripped off of bones and brain matter turning into jelly. And Wolverine has recovered from that sort of damage instantly so that he could continue to fight. Are you honestly saying that a human delivering a nerve strike can match that kind of destructive potential? Cause if you are I am going to start lobying that DD can defeat the Hulk.

riceroost
Well thats what the super senses are for...thats why they are super....Is this how you're going to argue? Yet Wolverine has this and much greater strength so he outclasses DD here.
Well you know what is bullshit they fact that Wolverine can take more than one hit from The Hulk when Adamantuim doesnt absorb impact like Cap's shield does.Because it's his healing factor fixing the damage not the damn skeleton.

And I've seen Cap KOed after "absorbing" a single punch from She-Hulk.
It wont destroy his skull but the impact should turn Wolverines brains to mush. Again, it does, that's what the HF is for.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>