Good Gun Based Movies?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SoCalLove
Hi guys,

My friend and I really like action movies that have lots of gun sequences in them. I was wondering if you guys could mention any, it seems like we've seen most of them. Examples of ones that we've really liked include:

- Heat
- Boondock Saints
- The Usual Suspects
- LA Confidential
- Enemy at the Gates

Just a short list, there are ton more that we've seen and liked. Just looking for some more. War movies are okay but were not as crazy about them.

Thanks guys!

EPIIIBITES
"The Untouchables" came to mind, although I'm not sure it's what you might be looking for...still, great flick...and some sweet gun sequences. Have you seen it?

SoCalLove
Yep, seen it. We liked it, maybe not as much as some of the others but definately a good flick.

Myth
Last Man Standing and Hard Boiled come to mind. They are not very good movies as wholes, but the gun sequences alone make them worth watching.

=Tired Hiker=
Way Of The Gun with Ryan Felipe and Benicio Del Toro.

SoCalLove
Saw all of them. Bruce Willis' endless bullet magazines in Last Man Standing was...interesting. Hard Boiled was pretty decent though.

Way of the Gun was really good though, liked that one. The scene at the end of the movie with the shotguns made it worth watching.

Anyways, I appreciate the help so far guys. Any more?

Lord Shadow Z
Originally posted by Myth
Last Man Standing and Hard Boiled come to mind. They are not very good movies as wholes, but the gun sequences alone make them worth watching.

I agree with Last Man Standing- those were some intense gun battles Willis had. (well I say battles but it was kind of one-way traffic for him really).

forumcrew
Equilibrium they use a martial arts type of fighting thats based on gun combat.

SoCalLove
Seen that one as well, like I said were running out of options but not ready for the ride to be done yet. smile Any movies that didn't get as much publicity maybe?

Solo
Hard Boiled

Kram3r
Why hasn't anyone mentioned Dear Wendy?

Solo
Originally posted by Kram3r
Why hasn't anyone mentioned Dear Wendy?
I was thinking about it, but I was under the impression we were recommending action films.

Kram3r
Originally posted by Solo
I was thinking about it, but I was under the impression we were recommending action films.

I've only really skimmed through the thread and it appears to be more action based. I thought what SoCalLove meant was films centering around guns. Otherwise shouldn't the title of the thread be 'Good action-based movies'?

forumcrew
Originally posted by Kram3r
I've only really skimmed through the thread and it appears to be more action based. I thought what SoCalLove meant was films centering around guns. Otherwise shouldn't the title of the thread be 'Good action-based movies'?

Originally posted by SoCalLove
Hi guys,

My friend and I really like action movies that have lots of gun sequences in them.

Kram3r
Like I said, I only skimmed through it. I just thought the title of the thread was odd.

SoCalLove
Haven't seen Dear Wendy but what's it about? I could be interested...

sithsaber408
Lord of War (not an action movie per se, but has lots of guns)

Tombstone

The original Matrix

Predator

Solo
Haven't seen Dear Wendy but what's it about? I could be interested...
It's more or less about the art of a gun. It's pretty mediocre, has a kind of cheesy storyline, but it's soundtrack is practically all songs by The Zombies. That pretty much made it for me, it's worth a watch. If you know who Lars von Trier is, he wrote it. It's one of his worst efforts, though.

Vim
Running scared is good one. The whole premise of the movie starts with the stealing of a gun. Then they are plenty more shootings, some which include shotguns... Overall its a good movie to me.

sithsaber408
Originally posted by Vim
Running scared is good one. The whole premise of the movie starts with the stealing of a gun. Then they are plenty more shootings, some which include shotguns... Overall its a good movie to me.

thumb up

Yup, Running Scared is another good one.

Trickster
The story was a bit shoddy, but I still quite liked the film.

Kram3r
Originally posted by sithsaber408
Lord of War

Can't believe I forgot that one, excellent movie.

Pandemoniac
How about 'The Good, the Bad and the Ugly'? Not an all out gunfest, but in the scenes when they whoop out the sixshooters... good times!

'When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk'

SoCalLove
Going to check out Dog Soldiers tonight I think. Heard it was pretty decent.

Phat J
^ thats alright, decent is the word for it though, nothing spectacular.

SoCalLove
Dog Soldiers was okay. Saw Running Scared though and was really surprised by how good it was...

office jesus
If you can stand subtitles, grab Hardboiled. Excellent film. One of Woo's best. There's also Face / Off, The Replacement Killers. What else am I missing? Anyone?

Hewkii_Dude
I say Matrix...

SoCalLove
Seen Hard Boiled, Replacement Killers and Face Off, thought they were all pretty decent. Just saw The Wild Bunch too and was surprised by how much I liked it...

Jim Reaper
Just saw The Wild Bunch too and was surprised by how much I liked it...

Awesome movie.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.