John Carpenter's Thing vs. Ridley Scott's Alien

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

charlyboy
Out of curiousity, who would win between these two as they are both dominant with the exception of going up against one crazy ***** and a group of angry paranoid males??? the thing can just multiply at a cellular level and take over with one drop of blood or slime or whatever and the alien is just plain dominant and utterly ruthless....... what do you guys think??

Robby001
It is hard to decide. The only way that I can see the thing winning is if it can take over a Alien, if it can't I would go for the Aliens.

doan_m
I've got to go with the Thing. He was nigh adaptable to everybody and as he absorbed his victims he became extremely intelligent. IIRC, he was able to build his own spaceships but could not finished because of a lack of parts.

Ultraman Baltan
Thing doesn't really HAVE a form, thus, until Thing makes one, can't really be harmed. So he just adapts to what is needed at the right time and wins.

vrempire
I thing The Thing will win, but I will support The Alien since the creature got it own charisma and style.

Koenig
There is no real contest here The Thing will always win out as it's a tougher son of a b***h to kill, and it's real ugly swine. Poor old Alien has been snookered by The Thing.

Dinalfos
The Thing wins, it's simply a more versatile creature.

Wolfie
Alien.

In Fate's Hands
is acid consider fire cause if it is the alien will win

dave_kodak
i'm going with the thing on this one.
the thing can take the shape of anything it wants and was it really hard to stop.
where as 1 Alien wouldnt be too hard to stop. well at least for the thing anyway.

grey fox
Thing.

Let's review. It took a flamethrower to even HURT the thing, it could manipulate it's hosts on the most GOD-AWFUL ways (Stomach Jaws anyone ?) and can utilise any of the attributes from it's previous hosts.

dave_kodak
Originally posted by grey fox
Thing.

Let's review. It took a flamethrower to even HURT the thing, it could manipulate it's hosts on the most GOD-AWFUL ways (Stomach Jaws anyone ?) and can utilise any of the attributes from it's previous hosts.

now i want to watch the thing...
thanks alot.

Solo
What film is better? The Thing.

LORDSIDIOUS01
This is a gross mismatch. Alien would murder The Thing with ease.

dave_kodak
Originally posted by LORDSIDIOUS01
But the Thing can just become an alien.

Originally posted by Solo
What film is better? The Thing.
who would win in a fight.
but i agree with u on the thing being a better film.

grey fox
Originally posted by LORDSIDIOUS01

How ?

It could utilise the abilities of a human , the various aliens it's taken over and huskies.

Think big , tentacled , stupidly high endurance (Bullets didn't kill the Thing) and bodily manipulation (can change 'on the fly' so to speak) .

Depprived
The Thing would win. It's also a better film too. smile

dave_kodak
Originally posted by grey fox
How ?

It could utilise the abilities of a human , the various aliens it's taken over and huskies.

Think big , tentacled , stupidly high endurance (Bullets didn't kill the Thing) and bodily manipulation (can change 'on the fly' so to speak) . thumbsup

Mindship
The Thing takes this because it is much more malleable and adaptable, whereas the Alien has a definite structure which can more easily be damaged.

dave_kodak
it really is an unfiar fight when you think about it.

LORDSIDIOUS01
Loved both films but as a whole, Alien should win

dave_kodak
I don't mean to be bitchy, but how do you think an alien could win? other then bleeding on the thing.

I'm a fan of both and i have seen all the alien movies at least 4 times each.
and I just cant see it beating the thing, Unless there is more then one.

LifeInSepia
Originally posted by dave_kodak
I don't mean to be bitchy, but how do you think an alien could win? other then bleeding on the thing.

I'm a fan of both and i have seen all the alien movies at least 4 times each.
and I just cant see it beating the thing, Unless there is more then one.

then thing would just consume alien via the blood. nuff sed.

Smasandian
But the blood is acid. Can the Thing infect acid? Nothing in the movies showcased that.

So, The Thing would try to do whatever it does, but you all say blood is the reason, but the Alien doesnt have blood while dogs, and humans do.

So, by the movies, the Alien would win because of that reason.

But overall, you cant really say who would win because well, nothing in the movie suggest that the Thing could become the alien. The reason being acid for blood.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.