Fictional Sharp-Shooters...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

grey fox
I need any info that can be given on Fictional sharpshooters. Mythological , cartoons , stories. All acceptable.

Only one thing is off limits though , Der Freischutz . Aside from that any info would be handy big grin

§P0oONY
Do your own homework... hmm

Bardock42
And while youa re at it do mine as well.

grey fox

§P0oONY
Originally posted by grey fox
It's not Homework , I'm trying to write a story but i need inspiration...

Do your own research then. hmm

Mr. Sandman
It's awesome when people ask for ideas just to put their own name on it and pass it off as theirs.

botankus
If I'm not mistaken there's a fiction forum at KMC. Though...after reading a few threads, I'd rather submit a blank sheet of paper than some of the actual stories there.

grey fox
Originally posted by Mr. Sandman
It's awesome when people ask for ideas just to put their own name on it and pass it off as theirs.

Now that's just unnecessary. Just because i want to get an idea from an already existing piece of fiction doesn't necessarily mean it's going to be a copy and paste job.

Quiero Mota
I need any info that can be given on Fictional sharpshooters. Mythological , cartoons , stories. All acceptable.

Hitman/Agent 47 is the best fictional sharp shooter.

FoxMeister
.... If I use it i'll feel cheap about it...
yet people over the internet to tell you about it is better?

Mr. Sandman
Now that's just unnecessary. Just because i want to get an idea from an already existing piece of fiction doesn't necessarily mean it's going to be a copy and paste job.

Reeeaaaaddddd. Go look stuff up. Don't ask other people. Seems like you're just looking for ideas to steal. Don't.

As a writer you don't want to draw from other people's experiences, but your own. If you haven't read something, don't go out of your way to read it just to take something from it.

grey fox
Originally posted by FoxMeister
yet people over the internet to tell you about it is better?

No because i just want basic information. Unlike Der Freischutz which I already know the background for.

Quiero Mota
Reeeaaaaddddd. Go look stuff up. Don't ask other people. Seems like you're just looking for ideas to steal. Don't.

As a writer you don't want to draw from other people's experiences, but your own. If you haven't read something, don't go out of your way to read it just to take something from it.

All writers have influences.

Mr. Sandman
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
All writers have influences.

Please point out where I said they didn't, or better yet, where they shouldn't?

Quiero Mota
Please point out where I said they didn't, or better yet, where they shouldn't?

There's a difference between straight-up stealing an idea and being influenced by it.

You make it sound like he just wants to rip off other people's ideas.

Mr. Sandman
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
There's a difference between straight-up stealing an idea and being influenced by it.

You make it sound like he just wants to rip off other people's ideas.

When you go around asking for ideas, that's exactly what you're doing, whether they are for influence or copy/paste.

Using your own experience as influence however, is what makes a good writer. I'm just telling him to go read and research on his own. Other people telling him what to write about is going to leave their influence on his writing and not his own.

Gregory
Let me see, let me see ... fictional sharpshooters. Uh...

+There's a sniper in one of the Final Fantasy games. He'c commisioned to gun down the badguy from the top of a rotating building, as I recall, but it doesn't work out.

+One of the villains of MGS is "Sniper Wolf," who is supposed to have once remained motionless for days waiting for her target, and is perpetually on some sort of drug that steadies her aim.

+In "The Living Daylights," (the story; I don't know what the movie's like) James Bond covers an agents escape from enemy territory by sniping at an enemy sniper. Since he's had casual sex with the enemy agent the day before, he contents himself with "scaring the living daylights" out of her, rather then a fatal shot.

+The villain of "Day of the Jackel" is a sharpshooter, I believe.

(Regarding the debate that's going on, I don't think it's inherently bad to want to know what other people have done with the topic you're writing about, but certainly you don't want to be stealing their ideas)

Strangelove
When you go around asking for ideas, that's exactly what you're doing, whether they are for influence or copy/paste. yes

crazylozer
Robin Hood is good with a bow and arrows, and robbed the rich and gave to the poor.

Legolas is an elf.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.