The age differences

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

aniron
Ok, so we know that Will and Elizabeth were ten years old when Will was foind floating on a wooden plank (not keira knightly).At this point Jack had been marooned on a god forsaken spit of land. So.....How old was Jack? Surely Will would remember being on a ship with Barbossa and Captain Jack sparrow at the age of ten!! And how much is the age difference between Jack and Elizabeth!

shannstar79
sorry mate, youve lost me, what do you mean Will on a ship with Captain Jack Sparrow and Barbosa>
confused???confused1

LovelyOne
pretty much around the same age gap as Norrington/Elizabeth I'm guessing..so if N/E was a proposed relationship J/E ain't cradle snatchin in terms of PotC laughing out loud

Jack isnt meant to be like..40 I think he's meant to be younger than that.

Chiki Mina
wait....you lost me I thought liz/will were 12

aniron
well how old would he have been if he was marooned on the island? old enough to be captain!

LovelyOne
wait a sec I think i missed the actual quetionn.

Was he on a ship with Jack? confused

who Jack? you mean..^

aniron
and he's had the title for 2o years!

Chiki Mina
will was never in a ship with barbossa and jack when he was 12

aniron
How old was jak on the lsland when he was mutinied?

How old is he now?

what is the age difference between him and elizabeth?

Ehy wouldnt will remember him?

LovelyOne
he was on a ship that got attacked by barbossa and Jack was marooned somewhere..Jack's only been a pirate for 13 years and I suck at maths..

we aren't ever given an age of jack..

aniron
Will was on the black pearl because his dead sent him floating off with the medalion!

LovelyOne
nop the black pearl blew up the ship that Will was on coming from England..once the pearl blew it up it then sailed off, thats when Liz saw it in the distance..it blew the ship up because they were searching for the medallion. The medallion must have touched the water some how.

aniron
AHHHHH I see, so did bootsrap send the medallion in the post or sumink? then they straped him to the canon.

so how old was jack when on the island etc.....

LovelyOne
YEP^^ lol..I think so..actually yeah it was..then he got lobbed into the ocean..

and again I have no clue..Jack seems ageless. We are never given an age.

Chiki Mina
ok wait lets stop and calculate for a freekin minute.

Jack has become a pirate for 13 years. He was a captain for 2 years like he said in DMC. so meaning that DMC was 2 years after COTBP

soooooo

COTBP liz/will were 12

8 years later 20

Im estimating that Jack's age range from 30-35..

In my calculations. Because 8 years later will/liz turned 20 so approximatle jack was was 28 when he met liz

and in dmc 2 years passed so he must be 30 or 31

calypso
Jack was a Captain for 13 years and I think he is 33-34 so marooned on the island, he would have been 22-23.

Hope that answers your question.

calypso
Nope, it was only 9mo - 10 mo that DMC took place after COTBP.

LovelyOne
no he wasnt captain for 13 years it was only lie 2 then came the mutiny

he's a captain for 1 more year then Davy's after him...the 13th..so he's been away from PR for about a year.

Chiki Mina
^^ lovely check my estimations

jack was pirate for 13 years

hes been captain for 2 years

calypso
DJ told Jack he had called himself Captain for 13 years.

Even Jack demands the respect of the title of Captain even if he doesn't have a boat, er ship.

PirateDiva
I think between COTBP and DMC it was 2 years! Because Davy rose the Pearl from the depths of the Ocean and gave him 13 years...shortly after Davy did that Jack had been marooned on an island and had The Pearl Taken by BARBOSSA! so 11 years passed and thats when COTBP happened and he regained his ship!

2 years later DMC happens and his debt to Davy is owed cause 13 years are up! Then Jack says Technically i've been Captain for 2 years cause he was viciously mutinied upon! <---by saying that he obviously meant he has been Captain since he regained the Pearl and that was 2 years prior DMC cause he didnt have the Pearl for 11 years...11+2=13...Am I Making Sense????

a-k-a-amber
this is true...

katelovespirate
i reckon Jack around 33-35. remember, the life of a pirate would age him.

but you figure, if Jack was from nobility or the upper class, he would have started working as an apprentice for the EITC around 13-14... and knowing Jack, would have been captaining the Wicked Wench around 19 or 20. Which would set him at 34 by the time our films happen. right?

i mean, he's gotta be about Norri's age. And Norri was leitenent when we first meet him--- and described by t and t in the script as a dashing young man. so he can't be older than like 24 then... right? and that was 10 years ago.

Chiki Mina
hey gurlies I found something

aniron
wot? lol

so how old would jack be when he was marooned? how old would he have been when he got the black pearl off davvy jones,

lets say about 20, pirating till about 25 becomes captain of bp at 26, mutanied at 28, making him about 41 in DMC! i think.

Chiki Mina
i dont think so

savvysparrow
The writers have said that Jack was 35 ish during CotBP, which means that in DMC, he's 36 or so. Does the age difference really matter though? Elizabeth's character may be 21, but she's wise beyond her years on many levels. After a certain point, age matters less than what is really important, compatibility.

katelovespirate
age differences are hott, up to a certain point. wink

Chiki Mina
I dont think Jack is even in his 40s. I think hes 32 tops

savvysparrow
Jack's still in good health, he has most or all of his teeth, a full head of hair, and he certainly doesn't have a cane. So what's the big deal with the age difference?

Maturity plays a big factor in relationships. Women mature faster than men. (Sorry guys, but it's been proven). So why shouldn't Elizabeth who's clearly more mature for her age be attracted to a man who's a little older?

Do I really have to point out the general, all around hotness of Jack Sparrow?

willofthewisp
Especially back then, it was more common for a couple to be between 7 and 10 years apart than the same age. Liz is really being inconventional even being engaged to Will, not only because they're of different classes, but because he's not "established." He's still an apprentice without a full career of his own.

Hmm, 2 years between COTBP and DMC? What the hell was Beckett doing between all that time?

savvysparrow
Ploting to take over the world. It takes time to set fiendish and diabolical plans into action.

johnnyforever
i think that,

jack = around 30

lizzy = around 20

will = around 20

willofthewisp
COTBP:
Will and Liz: 20
Jack: 35

DMC (if it's really two years later)
Will and Liz: 22
Jack: 37

He has aged well for a pirate, but I don't think he's just now entering 30.

Chiki Mina
i found somehthing that i think is fake

you guys figure that out.

----------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Name Captain Jack Sparrow (Jack - view all posts)
Origin from The sea!
Occupation To commandeer ships,raid,pillage,plunder and otherwise pilfer me weasely black guts out!
Biography
A little extra info on Jack: Sparrow has been made mad by overexposure to the sun, and he's constantly making quirky hand gestures, rolling, loopy dialogue and staggering entrances.

Name: Jack Sparrow
Height: 5'12
Looks: Has even white teeth (with a few fake gold ones), a deep tan and pitch black hair, and is considered very handsome...(come on! You've all seen Johhny Depp in the movie!)
Frame: Is considered skinny by those who don't look closely at him, but when they do they find that every inch of him is pure toned muscle...
Eye colour: Black as pitch and Kohl-lidded
Hair colour/Style: Jack has black hair in dreadlocks to his shoulders, normally tied back by a red bandana with beads interwoven into his two main dreadlocks, giving him a fierce, mysterious and strangely alluring look...
He also has a lightly curling mustache, a thick braid at the back of his head and two short braids in his beard, these are also beaded.
Any tattoos?: Yep, Jack has a tattoo on his right wrist of a sparrow flying over some waves (identifying him as the famous Captain Jack Sparrow)
Any other distinguising marks?: yes again, he has two bullet shot holes in the right side of his chest, below the neck, just hidden by his shirt. A huge scar that splits off to curl all the way down his left arm from his shoulder to just above his wrist. (You only get shown these marks in the 'extended scenes' on the PotC DVD)

History: Jack was born and bred a pirate from his very first day in the world, his father was a pirate and his mother died giving birth to him, at the young and vicious age of fifteen, Jack killed his father and stole his ship.

By the age of eighteen he had his own crew and a brand new ship (the last one had sunk) he now owned a fierce reputation and he and his mottley crew are known for pillaging everything in sight and never getting caught. Jack himself seemed to be able to escape from anyone anywhere. At the age of 21 Jack's crew mutinied, the first mate took over and Jack was left on an island to die, but somehow, he miraculously escaped, no-one knows how but its rumoured that he escaped on the back of two giant turtles by making a rope from the hair of his back...he is particularly proud of this story and encourages it in every which way.

Now, at the age of 31 he is in his prime, forever looking for a good time and managing to escape death by a fingernails grip. His favourite saying is said to be "And remember, this was the day you almost caught Captain Jack Sparrow".
He is always searching for the first mate that took his ship and when he finds the man he will have one last enemy to worry about.

Strengths: Jack is a good captain, fair in just about everything and wise to the ways of the sea and the men who sail upon it. He can find any port with the broken compass he always uses and he sticks to the Pirates code of honour...though at times he veers from it, knowing that they are only 'guidelines' as it were. He is handy with a sword and his footwork is superb, he is suave and makes friends easily, and enemies even easier.

Weaknesses: Jack has a weakness for rum and a pretty face and anything that looks shiny enough to steal. He's like a magpie, if he sees it he instantly tries to steal it and in most cases gets off scot free. He knows many women and is known for whoreing, singing and inventing the song 'Rum'

http://www.silklantern.com/bb_profile.php?mode=view&user=2215

Go to that link, read the rest, and see if its fake. I think it is.

Alina
In COTBP Liz was 12 when we first see her singing, the rest of the movie she is 20. I guess Will is around that age too, maybe a year or two older.
Dmc takes place 9-12 months after COTBP, which makes Elizabeth 21
Jack was about 35 in COTBP and 36 in DMC.
What I don't get is why people automatically assume that the characters are the actors age. I can't count the times I've heard Elizabeth been referred to as 17(Keira was 17 when they shot P1) and Jack as 40 (because that was Johnny's age)

willofthewisp
It's just a default case, I think. That profile was really cool. I wonder if they have those out there for all the characters.

Surreal_44
What you have there, Chiki, is a profile for an RP. Not too bad, either, though his weaknesses need a bit of work.

Anyway, I believe the ages are something like this:

Norrington: 28 or 29 in CotBP, so probably 30 in DMC (from what I understand, he rose quite quickly through the ranks. How could Elizabeth give that up? *sighs*)

Will/Elizabeth: About 20/21 in CotBP, so 21/22 in DMC

Jack: No real info on his age, but I would put him at about 35-37 for either movie.

But age isn't really that important, as Willo said, because it was not uncommon for 13 year old girls to be married off to men who were older than forty. Ewwwwww.

So Elizabeth would be fine with any of the three leading males.

Since we're talking age, how old do you think Barbossa is? I was pegging him to be maybe 50 or so, not including the time he was undead and er...dead. What do you all think?

willofthewisp
I would say between 50 and 60. The sea ages people, especially back then. Constant sun exposure will do things to your skin and hair and eyes, poor nutrition will make eventualy make you brittle, battles will give you horrendous scars, lost limbs, what-have-you. It's a real credit to Jack he is still hot after being through all that. I just think when you take the pirate characters, they might look older than they really are.

shannstar79
I was thinking about 40-45 for Barbosa actually, he may look older than he really is

tee_pirategirl
he looks 50sh maybe maybe 55 tops but we have to consider not all pirates age as well as jack ...the sea's rough so he's probably 50

Chiki Mina
damn girl!! not even close lol i doubt jack is 50. And im not saying bc of johnny.

ivebeendepped43
i think Jack is around 35, but doesnt look a day over 19! ssexi!

johnnyforever
Originally posted by Chiki Mina
i found somehthing that i think is fake

you guys figure that out.

----------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Name Captain Jack Sparrow (Jack - view all posts)
Origin from The sea!
Occupation To commandeer ships,raid,pillage,plunder and otherwise pilfer me weasely black guts out!
Biography
A little extra info on Jack: Sparrow has been made mad by overexposure to the sun, and he's constantly making quirky hand gestures, rolling, loopy dialogue and staggering entrances.

Name: Jack Sparrow
Height: 5'12
Looks: Has even white teeth (with a few fake gold ones), a deep tan and pitch black hair, and is considered very handsome...(come on! You've all seen Johhny Depp in the movie!)
Frame: Is considered skinny by those who don't look closely at him, but when they do they find that every inch of him is pure toned muscle...
Eye colour: Black as pitch and Kohl-lidded
Hair colour/Style: Jack has black hair in dreadlocks to his shoulders, normally tied back by a red bandana with beads interwoven into his two main dreadlocks, giving him a fierce, mysterious and strangely alluring look...
He also has a lightly curling mustache, a thick braid at the back of his head and two short braids in his beard, these are also beaded.
Any tattoos?: Yep, Jack has a tattoo on his right wrist of a sparrow flying over some waves (identifying him as the famous Captain Jack Sparrow)
Any other distinguising marks?: yes again, he has two bullet shot holes in the right side of his chest, below the neck, just hidden by his shirt. A huge scar that splits off to curl all the way down his left arm from his shoulder to just above his wrist. (You only get shown these marks in the 'extended scenes' on the PotC DVD)

History: Jack was born and bred a pirate from his very first day in the world, his father was a pirate and his mother died giving birth to him, at the young and vicious age of fifteen, Jack killed his father and stole his ship.

By the age of eighteen he had his own crew and a brand new ship (the last one had sunk) he now owned a fierce reputation and he and his mottley crew are known for pillaging everything in sight and never getting caught. Jack himself seemed to be able to escape from anyone anywhere. At the age of 21 Jack's crew mutinied, the first mate took over and Jack was left on an island to die, but somehow, he miraculously escaped, no-one knows how but its rumoured that he escaped on the back of two giant turtles by making a rope from the hair of his back...he is particularly proud of this story and encourages it in every which way.

Now, at the age of 31 he is in his prime, forever looking for a good time and managing to escape death by a fingernails grip. His favourite saying is said to be "And remember, this was the day you almost caught Captain Jack Sparrow".
He is always searching for the first mate that took his ship and when he finds the man he will have one last enemy to worry about.

Strengths: Jack is a good captain, fair in just about everything and wise to the ways of the sea and the men who sail upon it. He can find any port with the broken compass he always uses and he sticks to the Pirates code of honour...though at times he veers from it, knowing that they are only 'guidelines' as it were. He is handy with a sword and his footwork is superb, he is suave and makes friends easily, and enemies even easier.

Weaknesses: Jack has a weakness for rum and a pretty face and anything that looks shiny enough to steal. He's like a magpie, if he sees it he instantly tries to steal it and in most cases gets off scot free. He knows many women and is known for whoreing, singing and inventing the song 'Rum'

http://www.silklantern.com/bb_profile.php?mode=view&user=2215

Go to that link, read the rest, and see if its fake. I think it is. no. that can't be real, 'cause they said he killed his father, yet keith richards is going to play his father in potc 3. but some of it is real and that was a good job for whoever made that up!

ivebeendepped43
yeah, thats not real. no way.

Chiki Mina
Originally posted by Surreal_44
What you have there, Chiki, is a profile for an RP. Not too bad, either, though his weaknesses need a bit of work.

Yea I noticed it was fake. I thought it was a total waste of time.

evilm0nki3
and johnny isnt 5'12!

smile

Mistypirate
I remember reading somewhere that Johnny is 5'9", Orli is 5'11" and Keira 5'7". I got off topic here I believe that Jack's age is around 30-35.

Chiki Mina
i think the oldest jack could be is 35

akanai
i've read somewhere that jack is about 35.

Thorin

willofthewisp
Johnny's only 5'9"? Aw, he's travel-sized. Still taller than me.

Thorin, is that by chance the name of a dwarf in The Hobbit? It sounds familiar.

sailorleo
Originally posted by willofthewisp
Johnny's only 5'9"? Aw, he's travel-sized. Still taller than me.

Thorin, is that by chance the name of a dwarf in The Hobbit? It sounds familiar. only 5'9"?!?!?! You serious! I'm only 4'11" sad and you say five nine's short?

evilm0nki3
i thought he was 5'10.. cause orli is one inch taller..

Surreal_44
Jack Davenport is 6'2"...now that's pretty tall. big grin Oh, and he's what? 36 or 37 years old, I think, but like I said, Norrington is only about 29-30. big grin

willofthewisp
5'9 is kind of short for a guy. I'm only 5'2 and a girl, so I have no room to talk. I just thought he was taller.

PirateDiva
He's 5'10 actually!!! Love him!!

Chiki Mina
a person who is 5'1 is still taller than me sad

evilm0nki3
Originally posted by PirateDiva
He's 5'10 actually!!! Love him!!

Yay! I was right!

Chiki Mina
Im 5'0 I think lol

evilm0nki3
i'm 5'7smile

willofthewisp
Sorry to cause some heated talk about height. I guess I'm guilty of just associating attractiveness with height, and I apologize. I myself am really short and expected Johnny to be taller simply because I find him attractive.

But really, doesn't nearly everyone in movies look taller than they are in real life? Maybe it's the camera angles.

Chiki Mina
I wish they did some tricks with me lol im very short.

PirateDiva
Ya Plus the big screens make everyone appear larger than life!!

Chiki Mina
reminds me of that Backstreet Boys song "all you people cant you see can't you see etc etc lol and that makes you larger than life" lol Im not a fan of theirs by the way just like some songs.

a-k-a-amber
omg! that song had just started playing on itunes when i read that

Chiki Mina
LMAO! SCORE!!

a-k-a-amber
that was just creepy... lol

willofthewisp
Lol, it should be a companion song to "Short People."

Chiki Mina
short people rule!!

CaptinJackLover
i would say the same but im tall! i wish i was short...short people must have it a lot easier...

willofthewisp
Not really, captain jack. Short people aren't taken seriously. No one thinks you can be authoritative or strong if you're short.

CaptinJackLover
yea but if ur REALLLY tall like me then people think ur a freak...and thats not so much fun...

Chiki Mina
Originally posted by willofthewisp
Not really, captain jack. Short people aren't taken seriously. No one thinks you can be authoritative or strong if you're short.

Thats true a lot of guys tease me that I'm short. But hey its easy for me if im short so then I dont have to bend down to punch their balls.

CaptinJackLover
HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA laughing laughing out loud

Mistypirate
reminds me of that Backstreet Boys song "all you people cant you see can't you see etc etc lol and that makes you larger than life" lol Im not a fan of theirs by the way just like some songs.

LOL When I lived in Puerto Rico I went to see the Backstreet Boys in concert at the Coliseo Roberto Clemente. I got free tickets because my brother worked for a radio station over there in PR. It was a good concert. They sang that song, they had good special effects and pyrotechnics. Also Chiki do you know who RBD is?

Chiki Mina
Originally posted by Mistypirate
LOL When I lived in Puerto Rico I went to see the Backstreet Boys in concert at the Coliseo Roberto Clemente. I got free tickets because my brother worked for a radio station over there in PR. It was a good concert. They sang that song, they had good special effects and pyrotechnics. Also Chiki do you know who RBD is?

Of course I know who RBD is

Si soy rebelde cuando no sigo los demas and yada yada. They have been haunting me for ever!! My ex boy--er neighbor is obsessed with them.

Mistypirate
Of course I know who RBD is

Si soy rebelde cuando no sigo los demas and yada yada. They have been haunting me for ever!! My ex boy--er neighbor is obsessed with them.

i LOVE rbd, ever been to one of their concerts? I went when they came here to Orlando we got vip pass and we got to meet them. Poncho is so small mide como 5'4. Y las muchachas son unas enanas but they were nice. We were backstage for like 3 minutes and that was it. But it was cool

Chiki Mina
I like some of their songs. It's just tiring listening to it over and over and over and over. Its worse than the energizer bunny commercial.

PirateDiva

Wow u brought it BACK!!...lol...i was the Biggest Backstreet Boy fan ever...lmao!! I saw them in concert like 3 times....twice for the Millenium Tour and once in the BLACK AND BLUE TOUR...i loved them!! lol!! AJ was my favorite....guess that explains why i love JOHNNY so much....I LOve a GUY with a Little edge to him!! LMAO!!!

Chiki Mina
Yeah I think backstreet are the ones that stood together longer than N'Stink er Sync lol. Lance Bass N'Sync member confirmed that he's gay.

willofthewisp
Ugh, I had a friend OBSESSED with the backstreet boys. Unfortunately I know all their favorite foods and colors.......oh boy.

Maybe it's just me, but once you know that much about a bunch of celebrities, there's nothing appealing anymore.

PirateDiva
LOL....I aint gonna lie....i still crank up Backstreet Boy tunes every once in awhile...lol!!

Chiki Mina
everybody (yeaaah) rock your body (yeaaah) lool

PirateDiva
LMAO!!!! LoVe iT!!!

Chiki Mina
hey pirate diva did you add me in msn?

PirateDiva
I did...i think...honestly i dont know how to use MSN soooo me not sure i mean i tried, dont know if i succeeded...why?

Chiki Mina
tsk tsk you dont how to use msn?? Its easy.

Click on the msn Icon. Open the window, then click on connect.

PirateDiva
LOL....I'm an AIM person thats why......Why did it send u like a request or something?

Chiki Mina
yesh. It said piratediva somenin somenin @hotmail.com wants to add you.

PirateDiva
LOL....oooh so did ya reject me? laughing

Chiki Mina
nooooooooo I added ya. Im waiting for your pirate ass to connect already lool

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.