Superman vs Orion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

UniOmni
Lets compare their best fights with Darkseid................shall we?

When Orion fought and defeated darkseid in his miniseries, was he specifically amped??

Heightened by any plot device in the story??

Was there a reason he performed so well?

Many say he was portrayed as above the top tier in that story......

Was there an actual powerup, or was he merely written at his optimum?

(I didn't order the book off of Amazon yet, so i honestly want to know)

Superman, Apok Now.

Was he specifically powered up in that fight?

Was there a plot device reason why the tides changed, or was Superman merely being written at his peak??

Is either victory more legit than the other??

And since Orion did well against his father, can it be said that he might be Supermans physical equal??

In strength and durability, if not speed?

Just wondering....................

batdude123
Hater

UniOmni
Nope.

Just trying to see through the bullshit.

batdude123
Originally posted by UniOmni
Nope.

Darkseid>>>>>>>>Superman and Orion

You actually needed to make a thread to figure that one out? roll eyes (sarcastic)

chris_64256
Nope.

You seem to have a unhealthy hatred of supes..

JediMasterLuke5
Superman hands down, Orion is a joke, the only reason he gets good fights against his father is becuz the writers want you to believe that he will eventually beat Darkseid. Superman 10/10

UniOmni
Originally posted by chris_64256
You seem to have a unhealthy hatred of supes..

Not at all.

I just remembered that Apok Now caught alot of flack, but Orion/DS seems widely accepted.

I just want to compare the two fights, and see what differs.

How does that equate to me hating Superman..?

Matter of fact, it could be said that i'm helping Superman in this case.

To JediMaster.

Go away.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by chris_64256
You seem to have a unhealthy hatred of supes.. I noticed that also. He makes alot of threads involving Superman in one way or another.

Orion and Superman are 50/50. Orion is a beast.

Validus
How the hell does Omni display a Superman hate? He's more sensible on the subject than half the crackheads here.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Validus
How the hell does Omni display a Superman hate? He's more sensible on the subject than half the crackheads here.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f48/t420287.html

This don't help matters much.

Validus
Originally posted by snoopdogg
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f48/t420287.html

This don't help matters much.
You don't have to be a Superman hater to dislike T-Vo. His Vs forum threads are meant to create discussion one way or another which is better than another repeat thread or something moronic like 10 pages of Iron Man Vs GL.

snoopdogg
You don't have to be a Superman hater to dislike T-Vo. His Vs forum threads are meant to create discussion one way or another which is better than another repeat thread or something moronic like 10 pages of Iron Man Vs GL. It doens't end there. He had another thread as SHC about his powers being dynamic or some sh!t.

Validus
It doens't end there. He had another thread as SHC about his powers being dynamic or some sh!t.
So basically anything that doesn't big up Supes means that person is a hater?

snoopdogg
So basically anything that doesn't big up Supes means that person is a hater? Ah..forget it.

Validus
Ah..forget it.
Thank you.

snoopdogg
Thank you. No, thank you.

Validus
Need to have last word, huh?

Go ahead, take it. big grin

snoopdogg
Need to have last word, huh?

Go ahead, take it. big grin It's all good. You made me see the light.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=427187

UniOmni
I noticed that also. He makes alot of threads involving Superman in one way or another.

Orion and Superman are 50/50. Orion is a beast.

For One..........

I do make alot of Superman threads.

He's a popular character, and in order to get as much of a debate going as possible, i try to make debates as wide spread as possible.

Vally is my boy, but when its me, him and two others debating a less popular character, its not as interesting.

Superman threads are bound to get a response from a few key people i aim for.

Validus
Avalon
Juntai
Batdude
Bigbran and a few others.

I wanna hear from these posters cuz they actually bring something to the table.

I'd make more Surfer centric threads, but he's already overrated on this forum.

Plus, Superman is the measuring stick in DC. Fact.

P.S. - This isn't a battle thread.

I just wanted to see how people felt about the two fights that Darkseid lost one on one.

leonidas
orion takes the slight majority. whoever said orion was a 'joke' really knows nothing about . . . well, anything, apparently.

orion is one of the (very) few who is one supes level, and who i'd say take the majority over supes.

UniOmni
Originally posted by leonidas
orion takes the slight majority. whoever said orion was a 'joke' really knows nothing about . . . well, anything, apparently.

orion is one of the (very) few who is one supes level, and who i'd say take the majority over supes.

I'd quote the last two sentences from my post, but i don't know how.

I wanna compare their respective matches against Uxas, and the circumstances surrounding them.

snoopdogg
Well I would say Darkseid was jobbed. Not even Superman should be able to beat him physically. Orion either.

I thought all of the fights were retconned. Were they not Avatars?

chris_64256
For One..........

I do make alot of Superman threads.

He's a popular character, and in order to get as much of a debate going as possible, i try to make debates as wide spread as possible.

Vally is my boy, but when its me, him and two others debating a less popular character, its not as interesting.

Superman threads are bound to get a response from a few key people i aim for.

Validus
Avalon
Juntai
Batdude
Bigbran and a few others.

I wanna hear from these posters cuz they actually bring something to the table.

I'd make more Surfer centric threads, but he's already overrated on this forum.

Plus, Superman is the measuring stick in DC. Fact.

P.S. - This isn't a battle thread.

I just wanted to see how people felt about the two fights that Darkseid lost one on one.

First off I was just making a obsevation I have seen quite a few bashings of supes on your part i was just poking fun wink
I could careless If you want somone to debate with you found him..

I dont know about the others Avalon says it then most paraphrase it avalon is one of the if not the best debater on supes he will teach you a few things basically 90% or more of the supes scans and info came from avalon then most highjack them..

And yes it is hard to get a good debate in here you are 100% correct on that bro keep up the supes debates I have enjoyed most of them its hard for me to find time to get on the forum..

leonidas
Lets compare their best fights with Darkseid................shall we?

When Orion fought and defeated darkseid in his miniseries, was he specifically amped??

Heightened by any plot device in the story??

Was there a reason he performed so well?

Many say he was portrayed as above the top tier in that story......

Was there an actual powerup, or was he merely written at his optimum?

(I didn't order the book off of Amazon yet, so i honestly want to know)

Superman, Apok Now.

Was he specifically powered up in that fight?

Was there a plot device reason why the tides changed, or was Superman merely being written at his peak??

Is either victory more legit than the other??

And since Orion did well against his father, can it be said that he might be Supermans physical equal??

In strength and durability, if not speed?

Just wondering....................

mini-series? the simonson run of 25?

no, he wasn't amped in that fight. i don't think supes was amped either. supes beat seid physically -- orion by deflecting the omega beams with the astro-force. it was a very good fight.

supes had the better showing of the 2. the supes fight actually has done a great deal to drop darkseid in a lot of people's eyes and i for one wish it would not have ended as it did.

fatgogeta
Orion is one of the few characters who should take a solid but slight majority over Superman. Orion 6/10.

Validus
I disagree that Superman had the better showing. Orion beat an armored up Darkseid on his home turf of Apokalips. The two stalemated physically throughout with Orion getting an increasing edge as it went on due to his obviously superior skills. Afterwards the Omega Effect counter ended the fight but Orion seemed to have it well in hand before then.

Superman in A/N fought DS evenly until DS got hit with his own Omega Effect. It was automatic from there. It's the same thing that happened in the Superman/Batman encounter except DS was dominating that until the OE deflection by WW.

The main part of A/N that damaged DS's rep was the OE deflection by Heat Vision. That and the begging for quarters with his eyes sealed shut but the heat vision thing was embarrassing.

leonidas
hmm, i don't know. the battle with orion was still pretty much in the air. i agree orion MAY have been able to beat him physically, but supes DID beat him -- worse, he battered the crap out of him. orion never had the chance to do that. hence the reason i think supes had the better showing.

the heat vision thing WAS ridiculous . . . embarrasment

batdude123
That and the begging for quarters with his eyes sealed shut but the heat vision thing was embarrassing.

You realize that he wasn't actually asking for change, right? no expression

Validus
Originally posted by batdude123
No shit, genius. Continue on your way.

batdude123

You always make it seem like he's asking for change. I can't tell that you're being sarcastic, because you hardly ever use smilies.

leonidas

You always make it seem like he's asking for change. I can't tell that you're being sarcastic, because you hardly ever use smilies.

hey, now, gents. it's unseemly for corps members to bicker. make inlove not argue

oh, and seriously -- one of the greatest intellectual exchanges i have EVER read in the forum. i damn near fell off my chair laughing!!!!!!!!!!!

hysterical

long pig
They are equal in a fight. Orion is a bit more powerful though because of the many tricks he can do with the astro-force and the motherbox.

It could go either way.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.