How will this decade be remembered; musically?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

§P0oONY
Past decades are remembered in different ways, for what music made large impacts to the scene during them.

How will the 00's be remembered? Will it be remembered for anything specific or with the growth of the Internet have music tastes become so wide spread that there will never be another big music movement and so the decade will be remembered for nothing or simply for the end of an era due to the Internet?

Quiero Mota
Crappy rappers and a lot of pop.

However, the Latin music was great.

dirkdirden
Imo and Inda rock and no talant ass clowns.

Hopefully when people get fed up with crap some good music will be made, or I will have to learn to like emo. sick

StinkFist462
this decade will be remembered by the sheer amount of crap realesed.

amity75
Musically it'll be remembered as crapness but this is the decade when the internet will and has changed the way we purchase/listen to music.

Alpha Centauri
I think this is like a worse version of the 90s.

Some of the best ever music produced, but so heavily outweighed by the trite and the talentless that nobody really notices.

-AC

SpaceMonkey
It will be remembered as a dip in the chart.

RedAlertv2
Some of the absolute best and worst music ever made.

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Some of the best ever music produced

Originally posted by RedAlertv2
Some of the absolute best ....

^ Like who?

------------------

To me, this decade was another 80's: A lot of pop bullshit that won undeserved awards and recognition, and more often than not, they took the spot light from better musicians. I really don't like it when Leno or Letterman have 2 great actors on their shows, and then they're followed by some crappy singer/rapper. And also, the rap of this decade was very disappointing.

The 60's, 70's and 90's will always be the kings of music in my book. About 90% of the songs I listen to were made before 2001.

BornToRule

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
^ Like who?

If you don't know who is good this decade, you are obviously looking in the wrong places. That would account for why you think it's shit.

vintageSW77
Just a rehash of the same old stuff
Its snapping at the heels of the 90s as the worst decade for music.

B dot Rob
ballllllllllllllllllllllllllllliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin

~Da Rev~
amazing music......not noticed by the general public, of course.

SpaceMonkey
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
If you don't know who is good this decade, you are obviously looking in the wrong places. That would account for why you think it's shit.

Please enlighten me. Where can i find good music? I admit, I must have been looking in the wrong places, so please tell me where I should look and whom I should check out.

Thanks

BornToRule
Originally posted by SpaceMonkey
Please enlighten me. Where can i find good music? I admit, I must have been looking in the wrong places, so please tell me where I should look and whom I should check out.

Thanks

look at metal and youll find some good shit

vintageSW77
hmm not so sure
i heard a lot about this TRIVIUM all over the net,press and decided to download a couple of tracks.

Am i missing something??
Was average.

Bardock42
Well, what do you count as 00 stuff? There is of course Audioslave. Should not forget Audioslave...then the 00 stuff of Radiohead is great. The White Stripes. The Strokes. Muse. Dredg. Simple Plan. Iron and Wine. Norah Jones. Outkast.

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by Bardock42
Well, what do you count as 00 stuff? There is of course Audioslave. Should not forget Audioslave...then the 00 stuff of Radiohead is great. The White Stripes. The Strokes. Muse. Dredg. Simple Plan. Iron and Wine. Norah Jones. Outkast.

To anyone who 'doesn't know where to look', these are all a good start.

Obviously one of those is ironic. (I hope, never know with Germany)

I will leave you to work out which.

SpaceMonkey
Audioslave, Velvet Revolver, White Stripes and RHCP have been some of the lone bright spots in music so far this decade.

Victor Von Doom
Audioslave, Velvet Revolver, White Stripes and RHCP have been some of the lone bright spots in music so far this decade.

There are just as many bright spots in this decade as in any, though. Not to mention it is only 7/10th of the way through.

Or 83/120ths.

Alpha Centauri
Or slice cheese with it.

-AC

BobbyD

Alicia Keys anyone? Super talented, and yummy too.

~Flamboyant~
Well, what do you count as 00 stuff? There is of course Audioslave. Should not forget Audioslave...then the 00 stuff of Radiohead is great. The White Stripes. The Strokes. Muse. Dredg. Simple Plan. Iron and Wine. Norah Jones. Outkast. Simple Plan?

dirkdirden
Originally posted by ~Flamboyant~
Simple Plan?

You know the band that thinks this is funny and clever

I'm a dick
I'm addicted to you

do you get it he says dick but it really is just the start of addicted..... ahahaha get it so smart sharp fresh and clever.

Or the AWSOME

She has two arms to hold me
Four legs to wrap around me
She's not your typical girlfriend
She's my alien
My alien

I think simple plan is one of the worst bands since Wham.....Wake me up before you go go.

But everyone in entitled to there opinion of good music Simple Plan is not my opinion of good music it is what I think is wrong with music.

SpaceMonkey
Originally posted by dirkdirden
You know the band that thinks this is funny and clever

I'm a dick
I'm addicted to you

do you get it he says dick but it really is just the start of addicted..... ahahaha get it so smart sharp fresh and clever.

Or the AWSOME

She has two arms to hold me
Four legs to wrap around me
She's not your typical girlfriend
She's my alien
My alien

I think simple plan is one of the worst bands since Wham.....Wake me up before you go go.

But everyone in entitled to there opinion of good music Simple Plan is not my opinion of good music it is what I think is wrong with music.

I agree!!

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by BobbyD
Alicia Keys anyone? Super talented, and yummy too.

She does seem like the one artist who came out in the midst of all the new female R&B artists who actually had talent for writing and performing. Her second album was really good, too. I just hope she doesn't get swayed.

-AC

vintageSW77

Im with you on The White Stripes,but Velvet Revolver aint up to much apart from a good first single and RHCP have been making the same album since 93.

Alpha Centauri
So it's a credit that they still remain better than a shitload of other bands isn't it?

-AC

Da preacher
So far I only remember it for one album.

Kram3r
Originally posted by Da preacher
So far I only remember it for one album.

Let me guess, 3121?

vintageSW77
So it's a credit that they still remain better than a shitload of other bands isn't it?

-AC

Is this directed at me?

For making the same tired white boy slap bass funk with the obligitary Anthony Keidis rap for 13 years??

No

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by vintageSW77
Is this directed at me?

For making the same tired white boy slap bass funk with the obligitary Anthony Keidis rap for 13 years??

No

I'm not denying they have a trademark style, but considering that's not what they do, you'd be wrong.

The Chilis have been doing "the same thing" for 13 years and are still quite clearly a better band than all the generic metal bands out. Thine Eyes Bleed, All That Remains, Still Remains, It Dies Today, As I Lay Dying, Every Time I Die etc etc. All the same band, I think.

-AC

The Core
All That Remains has a pretty distinct sounds, in my opinion, and shouldn't be lumped in that group with all the other "post-hardcore" bands. I don't know of any more versatile vocalist than Phil LaBonte, either. All the old Shadows Fall albums, he was a straight up yeller. The past two ATR albums, which I own, he's got insane range, and tosses out 4 different styles..some tracks featuring all of them. It's kind of hard to be unique, and a metal band, these days.

WrathfulDwarf
This decade will be remeber both musically and social as

"We were too busy been angry at George W. Bush. That we forgot to create art and opted to make political garbage to make money"

Mark my words...in 2016 when VH1 does a Behind the Music flashback episode someone will say those lines.

SpaceMonkey
I'm not denying they have a trademark style, but considering that's not what they do, you'd be wrong.

The Chilis have been doing "the same thing" for 13 years and are still quite clearly a better band than all the generic metal bands out. Thine Eyes Bleed, All That Remains, Still Remains, It Dies Today, As I Lay Dying, Every Time I Die etc etc. All the same band, I think.

-AC

Yes, everyone is just rehashing old styles that have already proven to work, no one with talent takes risks.... again, speaking mainstreamwise.

By the way, Alpha.... absolutely LOVE the Fight Club sig!!!

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by The Core
All That Remains has a pretty distinct sounds, in my opinion, and shouldn't be lumped in that group with all the other "post-hardcore" bands. I don't know of any more versatile vocalist than Phil LaBonte, either. All the old Shadows Fall albums, he was a straight up yeller. The past two ATR albums, which I own, he's got insane range, and tosses out 4 different styles..some tracks featuring all of them. It's kind of hard to be unique, and a metal band, these days.

I have a different measuring stick with regards to what's considered versatile given that I listen to Mike Patton, so maybe that's why he doesn't impress me.

Yes, everyone is just rehashing old styles that have already proven to work, no one with talent takes risks.... again, speaking mainstreamwise.

By the way, Alpha.... absolutely LOVE the Fight Club sig!!!

Thanks.

-AC

Da preacher
Originally posted by Kram3r
Let me guess, 3121?

No, this one:
http://991.com/newgallery/Prince-The-Rainbow-Child-214735.jpg

vintageSW77

-AC

Well thats my opinion of RHCP.......its what i hear,others do others dont.
I dont think theyve progressed at all.A 13 yr old track couldve sat happilly alongside stuff on their last cd easily.
I have to bow out of this convo as i aint heard ANY of those other bands mentioned....ive lost step with metal and theres that many bands coming up in that genre(and its offshoots) that even the most music savvy person finds it hard to keep up with em all.

Alpha Centauri
Music savvy people don't keep up with bands for the sake of it anyway, I just know them from being into music. I don't "keep up".

-AC

Emo?
Originally posted by dirkdirden
Imo and Inda rock and no talant ass clowns.

Hopefully when people get fed up with crap some good music will be made, or I will have to learn to like emo. sick

You don't even know what "crap" music is smile

Arctic
They will be remembered for the idiots who bashed every kind of music except for the crappy kind.

Kram3r
Originally posted by Da preacher
No, this one:
http://991.com/newgallery/Prince-The-Rainbow-Child-214735.jpg

Ah, The Rainbow Children, cool album.

vintageSW77
Music savvy people don't keep up with bands for the sake of it anyway, I just know them from being into music. I don't "keep up".

-AC

Im interested in music.....i have very broad tastes from Charlie Feathers to Liza Minelli to The Dead Kennedys to Hall and Oates,i dont try and keep up for the sake of it...i like checking things out because i have an interest in pop culture n music and thats it....a few years ago it was easy but what with the net and MYSPACE etc n all the different sub genres of music that sprout from something like Metal for instance it is nigh impossible
so bands and could have been fave albums slip through.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.