Revan vs. Anakin (RoTS)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

RocasAtoll
Who wins?

Escape81
In a lightsaber fight? I'd wager Anakin, hands down. In a Force fight? Revan, likely, hands down. In an all out fight? Revan.

Darth Sexy
I wouldn't say Anakin hands down. Granted there's not much about Revan's lightsaber skills but he WAS the best in an order of tens of thousands. Anakin was what, in the same league as Yoda and Mace?

Escape81
Originally posted by Darth Sexy
I wouldn't say Anakin hands down. Granted there's not much about Revan's lightsaber skills but he WAS the best in an order of tens of thousands. Anakin was what, in the same league as Yoda and Mace?

In a lightsaber fight? Yes, I'd wager Anakin, hands down. The PT Jedi Order = "the best" in terms of lightsaber skills. Anakin was on par with Mace and Yoda (who are two of the very best - and likely the two best duelists ever for the Jedi).

Darth Sexy
Originally posted by Escape81
In a lightsaber fight? Yes, I'd wager Anakin, hands down. The PT Jedi Order = "the best" in terms of lightsaber skills. Anakin was on par with Mace and Yoda (who are two of the very best - and likely the two best duelists ever for the Jedi).

I know the PT as a whole were the best, but you have the likes of Kun, Qel Droma, and Revan who were above and beyond everybody else. I would doubt Anakin takes this hands down, if at all, against the best of the KOTOR era.

Escape81
Anakin is near equal (or possibly superior) to Yoda and Mace in sheer swordsmanship. I'd put him above Revan.

Prodigal Knight
Nevertheless, Anakin wins in the lightsaber, but anything else is Revan.

darthsith19
Revan wins.

Darth Subjekt
I agree with Escape, Anakin in sabers, Revan in everything else.

Dessel
Anakin's heavily overrated it seems. I'd put Dooku, Mace, Yoda and Sidious all above him.

Prodigal Knight
Dooku!!! Sorry man, that has already been long debated that Anakin is in fact greater than Tyrannus.

Dessel
Dooku was clearly superior in the movie, he's able to easily handle both Anakin and Obi-Wan at the same, and he basically outclasses him. Dooku is probably the best duelist from the movies there is with the exception of Yoda.

Prodigal Knight
KMC's finest debators (I believe Advent was one of them, right?) has already proven that Dooku < Anakin. I know that you want to argue about this but pretty much the entire SW Vs. Population agrees that Anakin is better.

Dessel
Appeal to majority, great tactic. thumb up

Darth Sexy
Don't pretend to know what appeal to majority is. You've already proven yourself to be a dumbass. Anakin>Dooku according to the movies, the novelization, and pure common sense.

Escape81
Dessel, the Anakin vs. Dooku debate has no relevence here. But, yes, Advent and myself both argued 'til we were blue in the face regarding that topic. We have proof in the form of the official script, commentary from George Lucas, the RotS novelization, and a comment from Darth Sidious (all four of those things being canon) - as well as logical deduction itself.

Count Dooku handled Anakin and Obi-Wan together, yes. But, as the novelization showed, he had to separate them. Obi-Wan is, I agree, no match for Count Dooku (in either category), but Anakin, unrestrained and fueled by the Dark Side, overcame him.

As a duelist and as a swordsman, he is a bit better than Count Dooku - who is quite a bit better than 95& of every other Star Wars character.

Mace would beat him after a difficult duel. Yoda and Sidious are more powerful than Anakin given their experience and superior command of the Force.

Lightsnake
Know why Dooku handled Obi-wan and Anakin?

Page 144 of the Complete Visual Guide: They held back to draw him into a sense of security

Darth Subjekt
I love all the Anakin haters that try to downplay him with NO evidence whatsoever.

((The_Anomaly))
Anakin in sabers. Revan in force.

Blax X
Don't pretend to know what appeal to majority is. You've already proven yourself to be a dumbass. Anakin>Dooku according to the movies, the novelization, and pure common sense.

Also quoted and put into profile...

Your on a roll.

Deception
There's alot of fanboyism here...

Yoda, Dooku and Mace were in their own right outstanding duelists.

Where does the PT is now the best Jedi Order come in? You take out the Masters and exceptional talents and you're left with Jedi using Niman, and Jedi that couldn't block 3 or more blaster fires.

How does this even come close to being the best Saber era? Given that Revan doesn't have as much knowledge on him, you cant say, due to the lack of knowledge, that Anakin is automatically going to win.

((The_Anomaly))
Sure we can, Seeing as there is absolutely no evidence of Revan's saber skills at all, and since conversely we KNOW Anakin is an amazing duelist, better even then Dooku (which puts him on the level of Yoda, Mace and Sidious). Then Anakin wins by default.

Revan's beat Malak, and a few crappy underling Sith. None of which have any evidence at all of being anything more then moderately efficient with a lightsaber. Revan was, in all likelihood, the best duelist of his time, but none of the people who he was better then have anything to thier name in terms of saber ability. Anakin on the other hand has proven to be the one of the greatest duelists of his time, only with him we have actual evidence of how good the other people we are comparing him to are. We know just how good Dooku was, we know how good Mace Windu was, we know how amazing Yoda was. There's actual narrative, evidence, quotes and the like to back it up. Malak has nothing to his name, nor did anyone Revan beat. (in terms of lightsaber prowess)

In a force battle its a different story. Revan would effectively smash Anakin up. In a lightsaber battle though, Anakin is a proven master duelist, Revan isn't.

Dessel

laughing Hilarious stuff.
Feel free to post one idiotic thing I've said. Wait you can't can you, that's what I thought.

Darth Sexy
Originally posted by Dessel
laughing Hilarious stuff.
Feel free to post one idiotic thing I've said. Wait you can't can you, that's what I thought.

Read your posts for the last two days, they speak for themselves.

Dessel
That's what I thought.

Escape81
Originally posted by Deception
There's alot of fanboyism here...

Yoda, Dooku and Mace were in their own right outstanding duelists.

Where does the PT is now the best Jedi Order come in? You take out the Masters and exceptional talents and you're left with Jedi using Niman, and Jedi that couldn't block 3 or more blaster fires.

How does this even come close to being the best Saber era? Given that Revan doesn't have as much knowledge on him, you cant say, due to the lack of knowledge, that Anakin is automatically going to win.

A few articles have named it, and Lucas himself has. I will try to find you the source. Try looking on AotC special features DVD.

RocasAtoll
I hate Anakin personally. Stupid whiny b!tch.

Revan wins force, if he pisses off Anakin enough, he wins overall, but he most likely will die in the saber fight.

Darth Anakin16
i know this is rots anakin but say he never got that crappy suit and he did reach his chosen one potential thing then he would be able to beat any 1.

but in this case i would agree with most people that anakin would win in a saber fight and reven would win in the force.

Kadesh
I thought revan used soresu which can counter djem so as obi1 did,

i assumed revan used soresu because of the way he positioned it at bastila on the Bridge deck before his capture, note that it bears similarities to the way obi wan hold his lightsaber in utapau before he crushed the 4 magna guards

Advent
Originally posted by Kadesh
I thought revan used soresu which can counter djem so as obi1 did,

You'd have to understand that Soresu isn't necessarily made to counter Djem So, but combined with the fact that Obi-Wan knew Anakin inside and out, it proved useful. Obi-Wan knew how Anakin would think, how he would move, how he fights basically. He knew him like the back of his hand. Revan, however, does not.

And Revan just possibly knowing Soresu really isn't even much to base a decision off of anyways. Cin Drallig knew Soresu apparently, so did Luminara Unduli, but Cin was shown to be in the process of getting owned by Anakin (and logic would dictate if Soresu can counter Djem So, he'd use it), and Luminara would undoubtedly get her ass handed to her by Anakin in a lightsaber fight.

Captain REX
Soresu is pretty much made to counter period... ermm

Yeah, Cin and Luminara against Anakin...eh, no. Anakin would take that...

Darth Sexiest
Anakin is near equal (or possibly superior) to Yoda and Mace in sheer swordsmanship. I'd put him above Revan.

Good noting Escape...seriously good. wink

But Revan might be a lil' more skilled in swordsmanship than Anakin.
He is estimated to be at Yoda's level after all.

And realisticly Yoda is about 10% better than Anakin or slightly more with a lightsaber.

(Ive done ALOT of thinking about this.)

Darth Sexiest
Originally posted by Advent
You'd have to understand that Soresu isn't necessarily made to counter Djem So, but combined with the fact that Obi-Wan knew Anakin inside and out, it proved useful. Obi-Wan knew how Anakin would think, how he would move, how he fights basically. He knew him like the back of his hand. Revan, however, does not.

And Revan just possibly knowing Soresu really isn't even much to base a decision off of anyways. Cin Drallig knew Soresu apparently, so did Luminara Unduli, but Cin was shown to be in the process of getting owned by Anakin (and logic would dictate if Soresu can counter Djem So, he'd use it), and Luminara would undoubtedly get her ass handed to her by Anakin in a lightsaber fight.

Revan knows the following:

1. Juyo (Mastery)
2. Makashi, Variation of Tulak Horde
3. Jar'Kai

Thats it. wink

xxXAcStylesXxx
bull shit

Darth Sexy
actually that's pretty correct. Revan was a master of Jar'kai

Darth Sexiest

Thank you... big grin

And as for the other guy, "PULL YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR @$$!"

Well, either that, or read up on Revan more.

Thanks. stick out tongue

xxXAcStylesXxx
Where is it stated that Revan knew Jar Kari? Concept Art doesn't count. As for the vision on Korriban, that wasn't Revan but a vision brought on by the dark side. And he only saw it fit to use one against four Jedi on his ship. However one could make a case that since it was the Exiles thoughts she possibly saw Revan using this form, but a master of it? Theres not enough evidence.

Dessel
Well it's possible. He most likely was a master of it, that's probably the form he used in the Mandalorian Wars and what The Exile remembered him like. He also most likely received Tulak Hord's holocron, and could possibly have mastered his technique as well.

VinCon01
1) While there isn't any solid evidence, several things imply that Revan at least practiced Jar'Kai. First off is the concept art, second is the illusion. While I agree that the concept art isn't much, wasn't the illusion based on the Revan that the Exile knew? I haven't played it in a while, so I'm a little sketchy on the details of that cave. There are some things pointing against this though.

- In all of the story sequences of the first game, Revan is shown wielding a single blade...Not something Jar'Kai does, unless I'm mistaken.

- Once again, in the comic where someone has a vision of Revan (I think it was one of the Qel-Droma characters...) standing above the defeated Malak, he's once again wielding a single blue saber.

Of course, it's hardly impossible that he'd learn more than one style.

2) We have nothing showing that Revan got the Holocron. It's possible that he gave it to Uthar for prestige. It's also possible that he just didn't do it. IIRC, even Kreia said that nobody had any idea what happened to the artifacts of the tombs. Plus, did it ever actually say the Sith Holocron they found in the Tomb was about his saber abilities? Can't remember...

3) When was it said that he knew Juyo? I haven't seen much that his single-bladed style resembles.

Darth Sexiest
Originally posted by VinCon01

3) When was it said that he knew Juyo? I haven't seen much that his single-bladed style resembles.

Good question.

At the beggining of KOTOR, we can see Revan weilding his lightsaber against Bastilla and the Jedi strike team in the first cinematic.

Revan uses the basic stance for the Juyo Form.

The Form he began learning as a Jedi.

Note: For further clarification, this same ready stance is utilised and mirrored by Mace Windu in the ROTS Video Game. Who uses Juyo in that game.

((The_Anomaly))
Wow, the level of Bullsh*t being thrown around about Revan in this thread is astounding.

Darth Sexy
What bullshit? Read POD. Do some logical deduction.

Dessel
I think he was talking about the lightsaber forms...

((The_Anomaly))
What bullshit? Read POD. Do some logical deduction.
I think he was talking about the lightsaber forms...
Indeed I was, mostly about comments such as this:

Originally posted by Darth Sexiest
Good noting Escape...seriously good. wink

But Revan might be a lil' more skilled in swordsmanship than Anakin.
He is estimated to be at Yoda's level after all.

And realisticly Yoda is about 10% better than Anakin or slightly more with a lightsaber.

(Ive done ALOT of thinking about this.)

And this:

Originally posted by Darth Sexiest
Revan knows the following:

1. Juyo (Mastery)
2. Makashi, Variation of Tulak Horde
3. Jar'Kai

Thats it. wink
And this:

and this:

Well it's possible. He most likely was a master of it, that's probably the form he used in the Mandalorian Wars and what The Exile remembered him like. He also most likely received Tulak Hord's holocron, and could possibly have mastered his technique as well.

Need I go on?

Dessel
lol hold up, how is what I said bs?

Darth Sexy
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Image:Revancon.jpg

Deus Venèficus

This is why GL needs to put down the beer and stop making blanket statements like this. Because every time I look at this statement I keep thinking of all those Jedi who got their asses wiped by droids...

That somehow the Jedi of an era of lasting peace (other than a few minor conflicts) are somehow the strongest warriors in 25,000 years of Jedi history when they don't even show it just bugs me to no end.

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/6797/sign7bz.png

Escape81

mud_blood_princ
Anikin wins, in everything, because Revan, gets aids, from yoda.

mud_blood_princ
lol, jk

Deus Venèficus
Well, I am of a mind that the events that the movies are concerned with, are by far the most essential of the entire universe. In the grand scheme of things, the KotoR era is irrelevent. The PT and OT are the essential times of the movies.

So, why not have them be at the peak? Why not have the Jedi at their strongest? It makes the Sith's victory more sweeter.

Because they didn't act like they were the strongest. I mean it's been like a Pax Jedi kind of situation, yet out of the blue they get credited for being the most powerful? I can understand, I suppose since GL doesn't really pay attention to EU as it is.

Escape81

Swirly Girl
It's set in stone insofar as Lucas said it, but that doesn't mean it has to be logical or even vaguely sensible; merely correct, ironically enough.

kamikz
I think it is logical. I mean, they have had millenias on correcting their techniques, their force powers and defences, their saber styles.

Dessel
Well the order back in the Ancient Republic did seem more powerful as a whole. I still don't buy all this 'Prime of the Jedi' bs refferring to the PT order.

kamikz
Why not? It's stated by Lucas, that's as canon as it gets.

Swirly Girl
For what? The greatest advancements happen during times of war and the honing of skills are generally perfected through open warfare; not silent contemplation. The Jedi didn't have any particular enemy to pit themelves against, aside from the CIS.

kamikz
There were still techniques undiscovered, there were still saber stances to enhance, there were still force powers to learn a defence against. Since we know that the jedi of the PT are the best, we could assume that this is a logical explenation. ^

RocasAtoll
Originally posted by kamikz
There were still techniques undiscovered, there were still saber stances to enhance, there were still force powers to learn a defence against. Since we know that the jedi of the PT are the best, we could assume that this is a logical explenation. ^

Not really. Neccessity breeds ingenuity. The Jedi of the PT didn't have to improve anything, since they weren't fighting a great threat like those of the Od Republic.

VinCon01
I've read Path of Destruction. And I fail to see where most of this is coming from.

Lightsaber skills - It never says anything about Revan. Anything Bane learned he learned at the academy.

Force Skills - Bane didn't learn anything from Revan, and Revan's were barely mentioned.

Rituals - Bane learned two rituals which required having other people aid him to use. The Thought Bomb, a suicidal ritual that killed everyone in the immediate vicinity, and the Force Storm, which Bane needed the rest of the Sith Lords for.

Another note: I've seen a lot of people say that Bane learned the "Puddy Blast" as many have called it (The blast that wasted the temple) from Revan...How? It wasn't a technique, he was just throwing out raw Force power that he had been gathering. That's like saying that it's some technique they learned from Revan every time a Sith or Jedi uses Force Push.

Darth Sexiest
Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))
Indeed I was, mostly about comments such as this:

And this:

And this:

and this:

Need I go on?

Thats not Bullshit, Retard. wink

If you pulled your water-head out of your ass you'de know that. laughing

Mabye you need to stop trying to debunk the facts that other people happen to know like a lil' kiddie, and do some hard research.

It would do you some good.

You woulden't sound like an imbecile all the time. wink

Escape81
No need to insult the intelligence of someone like The Anomaly, who is an experienced debator around here.

And it's "wouldn't"

xxXAcStylesXxx
Originally posted by VinCon01
Another note: I've seen a lot of people say that Bane learned the "Puddy Blast" as many have called it (The blast that wasted the temple) from Revan...How? It wasn't a technique, he was just throwing out raw Force power that he had been gathering. That's like saying that it's some technique they learned from Revan every time a Sith or Jedi uses Force Push.

Well its such a simple power that pretty much anyone could do it thats why Revan gets credit for knowing it. I don't see whats so hard about just completely unleashing your force energy, utterly ridicules and impractical yes, but could most anyone do it? Yes too.

ESB -1138

Darth Sexiest
Originally posted by ESB -1138
Considering the Jedi were outnumbered 1 to 100 I could see them getting killed. The Jedi/Sith you faced in KoToR weren't that great now were they? Considering Revan went through an entire Sith Temple killing them left and right with only 2 people helping him.

You make it sound like the Jedi from KoToR or any thing else would have done better in the arena. They were vastly outnumbered getting blasted from all around.

Revan could do that because he was an exceptional warrior and Jedi Prodigy.

Deus Venèficus
Originally posted by ESB -1138
Considering the Jedi were outnumbered 1 to 100 I could see them getting killed. The Jedi/Sith you faced in KoToR weren't that great now were they? Considering Revan went through an entire Sith Temple killing them left and right with only 2 people helping him.

You make it sound like the Jedi from KoToR or any thing else would have done better in the arena. They were vastly outnumbered getting blasted from all around.

Major hole in your argument due the fact that gameplay means Niman users of a peaceful era (other than your random regional war) outclass battle hardened Jedi. I'm not about to argue with GL, but that doesn't mean I think he is logical. Of course I have my doubts GL even knows about KOTOR or the Jedi Civil War since only the movies concern him.

Darth Subjekt
yea, but anything that bears the name Star Wars has to be approved by him, and usually are unless they contradict his ultimate vision. He'd quite aware of KoTOR and any and all games out, being as he is in control of the whole franchise.

kamhal
I think revan takes it. Why? I think anakin was still not as strong as yoda or sidious by this time, yet, i think that revan, even if he was slightly weaker then sidious (in my opinion), he would be much close.

Also, i would like to ask something: i saw people saying that tge ancient siths were all stronger then revan. This is not right, when Revan talked with Adjunta Pall in his grave, he clearly said revan was superior to him, he said several times that he was "so strong with the force" and all that kind of stuff, and you could be dark or lightside user, in both sides he say and he is admired about how strong revan was in the force. And he was 1 of the most powerfulls ancient siths... Also, even the great Darth Bane was terrified about Revan's force knowledge.

So, i say that we shouldn't underestimate Revan. I think he wins, with much effort probably, but i think he would win.

Darth Subjekt
Well, to hear GL say that at that time, Anakin was the most powerful Jedi, that seems pretty obvious that he is in fact, the most powerful. Does that mean he has the same level of mastery? No, does that mean that Revan or anyone else is just gonna walk all over him? Of course not.

Bane isnt Anakin, nor did he ever know him. We dont know what Bane would think of Anakin.

S_W_LeGenD
Revan will win but Anakin will put up a good fight.

Darth_Frost
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Revan will win but Anakin will put up a good fight.

I agree... smile

kamhal
Yeah, i have the same opinion smile

jollyjim311
Without an example of the effects of an all out force attack from Revan, I believe Revan can't do enough damage with the force (especially lightside Revan) to avoid melee, which, I think we can agree that Skywalker would win in.
I say that because we haven't seen the effects of an all out attack with the force from Revan. Also, Anakin has a much higher potential(with the whole "Chosen One" thing), Revan, despite his exact age being unknown, isn't that much older than Anakin (I would imagine, maybe like... 30?), and even Count Dooku's force mastery was described as a "joke" when up against Anakin (Dooku has "studied the ways of the Force for almost eight decades, becoming one of its most powerful practitioners", in addition to what we see in EU and in the movies).

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by jollyjim311
Without an example of the effects of an all out force attack from Revan, I believe Revan can't do enough damage with the force (especially lightside Revan) to avoid melee, which, I think we can agree that Skywalker would win in.
I say that because we haven't seen the effects of an all out attack with the force from Revan. Also, Anakin has a much higher potential(with the whole "Chosen One" thing), Revan, despite his exact age being unknown, isn't that much older than Anakin (I would imagine, maybe like... 30?), and even Count Dooku's force mastery was described as a "joke" when up against Anakin (Dooku has "studied the ways of the Force for almost eight decades, becoming one of its most powerful practitioners", in addition to what we see in EU and in the movies).
What are you smoking?

Revan is vastly superior to Anakin Skywalker in the mastery of the force.

Anakin's great potential means jack shit when he never fully mastered it. And Dooku's case is entirely different from that of Revan and Dooku was actually testing Anakin but he soon realized his mistake during his dueling with Anakin, but it was too late.

Revan is more smart then Dooku and he never tries to taunt his opponents to unlock their hidden potential, like Dooku did when fighting Anakin.

Anakin will be slaughtered very early in a pure Force based contest against Revan.

The Planet
By default I guess, because we know jack about Revan's lightsaber ability.

Dooku is firmly above Anakin in the force, wherever you got your quote from is wrong.

jollyjim311
ROTS Novelization > your opinion, sorry. It didn't say that Anakin is better at using the force, just, it can't really help you against him when he starts going. The fact that Dooku's mastery is a joke when put up against Anakin means something.

By the way, when Dooku said the stuff about anger to make Anakin realize what he was doing. Anakin was starting to let his anger take over and beginning to punk Dooku, then Dooku told him to release it so that Anakin would remember not to let his emotions get the best of him. It was a good strategy, and still he ended up dead.

The Planet
RotS Novelisation isn't canon, sorry.

And? Dooku's a pipsqueak in the force compared to Revan.

Why are you telling me this?

kamikz
WTF! ROTS novelisation is canon, stop arguing that.

jollyjim311
How is Dooku a "pipsqueak" in the force when compared to Revan, seeing as Revan really has done nothing impressive, and "Dooku had studied the ways of the Force for almost eight decades, becoming one of its most powerful practitioners"?

Name a few things that we can use to quantify Revans power, please.

Solid feats would be nice.

Oh wait, nothing? Damn. It can be assumed that he is very powerful, given his defeat of Malak, knowledge of some ancient techniques, and how he was such a hero and all, but, assumptions don't cut it when he is in a versus match against someone really powerful.

The Planet
Prove it. Advent tried, and failed.

It contradicts the highest form of canon on too many occasions to be considered canon, this is largely due to it being based on an early draft of the script.

Now even if (and that's a big if) the movie novelisation was canon, the fight scene certainly is not as the whole thing is a direct contradiction to the movie. and I'm pretty sure that's what JJ is referring to, so either way, I win.

The Planet
How is Dooku a "pipsqueak" in the force when compared to Revan, seeing as Revan really has done nothing impressive, and "Dooku had studied the ways of the Force for almost eight decades, becoming one of its most powerful practitioners"?

Solid feats would be nice.

Oh wait, nothing? Damn. It can be assumed that he is very powerful, given his defeat of Malak, knowledge of some ancient techniques, and how he was such a hero and all, but, assumptions don't cut it when he is in a versus match against someone really powerful.

Revan defeated an entire army of Rakatans (including Rancors) with a storm of force lightning, that's beyond anything Dooku has done, far beyond.

S_W_LeGenD
How is Dooku a "pipsqueak" in the force when compared to Revan, seeing as Revan really has done nothing impressive
This is the biggest load of shit I have yet read in this thread. I can't help but laugh at your ignorance on Revan.

Revan had achieved far more then Dooku could ever dream off.

, and "Dooku had studied the ways of the Force for almost eight decades, becoming one of its most powerful practitioners"?
So what do you think that Revan was doing when he became a Sith Lord? Was he dating beautiful women?

After becoming a DLOTS, he visited many worlds that contained vast knowledge of Ancient Sith powers and rituals and thus gained immense knowledge of Dark Side powers in his quest for greater power. He visited tombs of various famous ancient Sith Lords (who are believed to be more powerful then Dooku) and learned a good deal of their secrets as well. In the end he became so powerful that many people started joining him and ultimately he created a vast and powerful Sith Empire.

A) In POD Novel, Bane said that Revan's holocron was the best source of knowledge for him and Revan's knowledge was so immense that it surpassed the entire Sith knowledge found in the ancient Sith World of Korriban. Revan even taught Bane the secret of the dreaded "Thought Bomb".

B) In NEC or Chronicles, it was revealed that Revan pushed back and fed on a planet full of DS energy. Revan's Will is so strong that it allows him to feed on (and not be consumed by) the power of the dark side.

C) Again from NEC or Chronicles: Revan drew dark side energy from space and used it to over power and dominate the will of many many Jedi at once. Revan was able to draw upon the dark side energies of the planet below and used it during the battle, destroying the Mandalore and ending the Mandalorian threat. Simultaneously, more and more Jedi, unable to ignore the power emanating from the planet below, become corrupted by its influence.

D) In Star Forge, Revan almost single handedly destroyed an entire Sith Army and then alone killed Darth Malak (whose powers were further enhanced by Star Forge).

E) Revan also killed a large number of Rakatan warriors (accompanied by ferocious Rancor Beasts) in a single stroke of his dreaded Force Lightening Storm in Lehon planet.

Solid feats would be nice.Here are a few:
- A master swordsman with precognition capability superior to that of Echani precognition.
- Great knowledge of both Light Side and Dark Side powers.
- Superior Telekinetic capability.
- Drain Knowledge.
- Force Lightening Storm generation capability. (That eclipses anything that Dooku knows).
- Very strong in the Force.
- Superior Mind Dominance. (Capable of corrupting any Jedi and Sith to lure him to his cause)

Their are no assumptions regarding Revan's immense power. Various canonical sources have already hinted on this.

Malak's defeat was one of his accomplishments. And he has done lot more then that. And it is time for you to open your eyes now.

jollyjim311
Prove that it was to a scale to boast about and not just a primitive race being impressed by a few magic tricks.

So.. AOTC Obi Wan is as Wise as Yoda and as powerful as Windu, you know that, right? And Dookus skills have surpassed Yodas' by AOTC.

kamikz
Originally posted by The Planet
Prove it. Advent tried, and failed.

It contradicts the highest form of canon on too many occasions to be considered canon, this is largely due to it being based on an early draft of the script.

Now even if (and that's a big if) the movie novelisation was canon, the fight scene certainly is not as the whole thing is a direct contradiction to the movie. and I'm pretty sure that's what JJ is referring to, so either way, I win.

Read the KMC policy, Ushgarak has said himself it is canon from what I remember! And it is only un-canon when it contradicts the movie, when it expands, it is not!

jollyjim311
Yeha, and if it contradicts your opinion, tough.

The Planet
Prove that it was to a scale to boast about and not just a primitive race being impressed by a few magic tricks.

So.. AOTC Obi Wan is as Wise as Yoda and as powerful as Windu, you know that, right? And Dookus skills have surpassed Yodas' by AOTC.

PLease JollyJiM, The One would have no reason to lie or exaggerate, he clearly stated that Revan's lightning was able to destroy an entire army of Rakatans and Rancors, to ignore such a thing is complete bias.

The Planet
Originally posted by kamikz
Read the KMC policy, Ushgarak has said himself it is canon from what I remember! And it is only un-canon when it contradicts the movie, when it expands, it is not!

Ushgarak is wrong then. Prove that it's canon.

kamikz
Already done! Ushgarak is right!

The Planet
How about you quit appealing to authority, and prove it. You haven't done so yet. A quote from Lucas would be great.

S_W_LeGenD

Hey tough one; read my post above on Revan in which I have answered all of your questions (using canonical sources as well). And then make-up your mind.

kamikz
How about you quit appealing to authority, and prove it. You haven't done so yet. A quote from Lucas would be great.

Nope, it wouldn't be!

General Kenobl
Well Planet, I mean if you wanted to you can just argue with Ush on this.....

Advice: Argue with Ushagarak, and you'll get pwned!

jollyjim311
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Hey tough one; read my post above on Revan in which I have answered all of your questions (using canonical sources as well). And then make-up your mind.

No, you haven't. I need sources and non-gameplay material.

S_W_LeGenD
No, you haven't. I need sources and non-gameplay material.
Oh Boy! I have provided direct references from two Novels (POD and NEC) in my post and whatever I have told you has nothing to do with gameplay material.

Read my post "very carefully" and you will know that whatever I have mentioned has nothing to do with gameplay material.

The Planet
Originally posted by General Kenobl
Well Planet, I mean if you wanted to you can just argue with Ush on this.....

Advice: Argue with Ushagarak, and you'll get pwned!

Please, i've gone toe to toe with Advent and won, Ush wouldn't be able to touch me. Bring him here if you will.

jollyjim311
Okay then, re-sum it up with exact examples of his power. Not paraphrased quotes from biased sources. Something where it shows or describes a force attack.

Not gameplay. Use quotes; exact, unbiased, quotes.

The Planet
How is the One biased? JJ, your bias against KotOR is considerable.

jollyjim311
If I ran in your room, and zapped a bolt of lightning at you, you'd be scared too, even if it wasn't huge. The Ractan are a primitive race, and any show of force power, be it impressive or not, will, well, impress them.

The Planet
Doesn't mean that I would describe it as killing thousands of people, LOL!

Yes it would be impressive to them, but The One stated clearly that the lightning destroyed an entire army of them, he would have no need to exaggerate or lie.

General Kenobl
LOL, I went toe to toe with Advent as well. FYI, Ushagark pwned the hell out of Advent.

jollyjim311
Doesn't mean that I would describe it as killing thousands of people, LOL!

Yes it would be impressive to them, but The One stated clearly that the lightning destroyed an entire army of them, he would have no need to exaggerate or lie.

Now you're making things up. He didn't say it killed thousands.

Provide the exact quote please.

The Planet
LOL, I went toe to toe with Advent as well.

Yes, and she pwned you. I beat her.

I very much doubt that.

The Planet
Now you're making things up. He didn't say it killed thousands.

Provide the exact quote please.

I didn't say that, you dumbass. All I was saying was that even though I'd be shocked and impressed like hell, I would still have no reason to lie or overexaggerate.

And please, you know that I can't do that, KotOR's a game, I'm not just going to replay the whole game so I can provide you a quote, if you can link me to a game script, I'd be happy to. Or just ask Zephiel, ACStyles or Darth Sexy, I'm sure they could provide it.

General Kenobl
Yes, right when I joined here and was a noob, yea she pwned me. Your point, are you saying you're better than Advent? FYI, I don't know how you beat Advent, but just beating somebody once doesnt mean you're automatically. better.

Umm...Advent said that herself.

S_W_LeGenD

Advent
Yes, and she pwned you. I beat her.

Quit parading around that you "beat" me, when anyone with a clear mind can look into the thread, and see that movie novelizations are canon.

And Prodigal, he didn't even "beat" me. Yet another Nebaris trait, when he thinks he's won an argument (as per his perception is always), he touts off about such.

We were arguing about novels being canon. I was pro-canon, he was anti-canon. It's quite obvious who's right (me!); although, his arguments were well formulated, the main conclusion was nonetheless wrong.

But, I will ask: is it like an accomplish to stand up to, or the improbable defeat me? It seems that's a standard for being "1337sauce" around here, lol.

General Kenobl
I suspected as much.

I stopped thinking that when I took you on the second time and realized that Advent isn't unstoppable. Some people take you for a goddess.

Advent
@ SW_LeGeND:

I noticed something while skimming your inane post regarding Revan. Here you list the source as "NEC", which is an abbreviation for the New Essential Chronology, as that's what it's generally accepted as.

Now, assuming you are referring to the New Essential Chronology, then I'd have to ask: why lie?

I have the NEC, and it makes no mention of this whatsoever. So, recheck your source, son, because this was pulled straight from your ass. What page does this come under? I carefully reviewed each topic that refers to Revan in the NEC, and somehow, this isn't there.

Some advice: lying will not help your argument.

Likewise, as same as the above. This is bullshit, and not written in the New Essential Chronology. The actual text regarding the Mandalorian War is this:

http://img112.imageshack.us/img112/1971/necpg22al5.th.jpg

Unlucky for you that I actually have the source material to back up what I'm saying. There's not a single reference to Revan doing this throughout any page that he's mentioned on. And I'm sure I didn't miss it, but if you believe otherwise then provide a page number.

Of course, there's always the chance you got the source mixed up, if that's the case then you can also disregard this post, but the NEC says nothing of the sort.

In any case, I reinforce my advice: lying will not help your argument.

@ Prodigal:

And rightfully so. stick out tongue

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Advent
In any case, I reinforce my advice: lying will not help your argument.
I mistakenly posted NEC but it was actually "The Chronicles". My time for editing my post has expired out because I was busy else where.

XXXActStylesXXX has mentioned this information from a canon source "The Chronicles" so you can confirm from him.

Darth_Frost
Although this may not be in the NEC... all he said is true...

kamhal
One other interesting quote. After be revealed that Revan was Revan (lol) that alien in Korriban's cantina, that sold you arms, comments many of your acts. When he asks you if you killed the Krayt Dragon on Tantooine, he first expresses his concern, but them he confesses that "if there are anyone that can survive such contest is you revan", something like this. Also, after the korriban test, in which you have to kill Tentareks, Revan confesses to the sith's acadamy master that he didn't even sweet or excite himself, and the master answered that "maybe to someone with your talents...". Well, to the people how don't know, tentareks actually prey on jedis.

Anyway, as i said before, Revan was a great warrior and 1 off the greatest siths ever. Yet, i think that sidious was THE greatest sith ever, especially because he is a movie character, lol.

So, my opinion remains, Sidious wins but not without injuries and a very very hard fight.

Advent
No problem, I don't disagree or anything; like I said, disregard the post if there was a source mix up.

Darth_Frost
Originally posted by kamhal
One other interesting quote. After be revealed that Revan was Revan (lol) that alien in Korriban's cantina, that sold you arms, comments many of your acts. When he asks you if you killed the Krayt Dragon on Tantooine, he first expresses his concern, but them he confesses that "if there are anyone that can survive such contest is you revan", something like this. Also, after the korriban test, in which you have to kill Tentareks, Revan confesses to the sith's acadamy master that he didn't even sweet or excite himself, and the master answered that "maybe to someone with your talents...". Well, to the people how don't know, tentareks actually prey on jedis.

Anyway, as i said before, Revan was a great warrior and 1 off the greatest siths ever. Yet, i think that sidious was THE greatest sith ever, especially because he is a movie character, lol.

So, my opinion remains, Sidious wins but not without injuries and a very very hard fight.

1. Wrong topic
2. This is the Rev vs. Ani Topic laughing laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing eek! big grin

S_W_LeGenD

jollyjim311
ZOMG Gamespot!!!11!!!!

And... to fight Bedak you had to be evil. Revan wasn't.

And Anakin beat Asajj, Durge, and Dooku...

I need to go.

This= lame post, sorry.

Generic Hero
I'd like to question the credibility of the following sources.

First of all, where can I find a direct link to the information in the "Starwars Expanded Universe Union" channel?

Gamespot is not a canon source. It's not in The Holocron and it's about as valid as me. I'd like to know exactly what the SW:EUU said, and I'd like to know their credentials as well.

And here as well.

"The Chronicles"? Can anyone explain to me what that is? Are they are credible source?

Too many variables in that battle. In all likelyhood, Revan had many of his friends with him and these dark jedi could have emerged one at a time. The amount of Dark Jedi is also in question, as well as Revan's method of defeating them.

Kadesh
Originally posted by Generic Hero

Too many variables in that battle. In all likelyhood, Revan had many of his friends with him and these dark jedi could have emerged one at a time. The amount of Dark Jedi is also in question, as well as Revan's method of defeating them. which is what i exactly pointed out in the revan vs DE palpatine thread, revan had his friends by his side and canonically in the story his whole party should be there, common sense would ask if there was only revan and two of his mates, what the hell are the others doing in the ebon hawk? so i conclude that infact the entire party was with revan during this "army" battle where the weak dark jedis came out 3 by 3 getting easily wtf pwned by the whole party. There are what? 8 people? (excluding bastila) against 3 jedi at a time? come on of cource revan would pwn.

zephiel7
Originally posted by Kadesh
which is what i exactly pointed out in the revan vs DE palpatine thread, revan had his friends by his side and canonically in the story his whole party should be there, common sense would ask if there was only revan and two of his mates, what the hell are the others doing in the ebon hawk? so i conclude that infact the entire party was with revan during this "army" battle where the weak dark jedis came out 3 by 3 getting easily wtf pwned by the whole party. There are what? 8 people? (excluding bastila) against 3 jedi at a time? come on of cource revan would pwn.

While I would like to point out others will be their, I would like to ask, how useful were they?

Carth: blaster bolt deflected. pwned.

Mission: pwned.

Zalbaar: blaster bolts deflected. No force precog. Not an especially great fighter. pwned

Canderous: puts up a fight, but against a legion of DJ's and uberstarforge Jedi killing droids? pwned

Juhani: A cathar Jedi that was stunned in two seconds by Bastilla. Defeated by padawan Revan who was just rediscovering his connection tho the force. pwned.

Jolee: An old Jedi that spent an excess of probably 20 years in the wilderness keeping his force usage to a minimal. Was stunned by Bastila instantly. Was getting owned by a bunch of animals first time you see him. LOL. pwned

All this said an done, a majority of these guys are going to get their asses kicked by an army Malak's finest DJ's and Jedi killing droids.

The majority of the victory it seems was due to Revan being there to save their asses.

Generic Hero
I don't think you're getting it.

The Dark Jedi (Unspecified amount at a time) are going to run into a group of:

Mission Vao
Zaalbar
Canderous
Carth
HK 47
T3

All armed with appropriate weaponry. What Dark Jedi can deflect that much blasterfire, along with grenades, all targeted on them? Most of these people are very skilled as well.

Not only that, we have Revan, Bastila, Juhani and Jolee all toting lightsabers. Unless they come in with packs of 8 and above, the sith are pretty much screwed.

zephiel7
Is this some type of joke? She gets tooled 3 dozen times before she hits the ground by an army of DJ's.

A bowcaster is going to work well against Malak's best DJ's and Jedi killing droids? He can't even defend against force attacks. Against legions of Dark Jedi coming at him at once?

Like I said, he can't even defend from force attacks. A non force sensitive, he can get pushed around easily.

Blaster bolts deflected. Legions of dark Jedi. Heavily outnumbered. End of story. Can't defend from a simple force push.

Can't defend from simple force attacks. Can get easily pushed around. Blaster bolts deflected.

R2 clone against army of DJ's? Please tell me you are kidding.

Please show me the proof that they are armed with weaponry that can counter legions of dark Jedi force users and Jedi killing droids. Grenades can be pushed away, more likely hitting them and not the Dark Jedi. Given that there are a legion heading at them at once, I doubt that grenades are going to cut it.

Aside from the fact that these guys, (IF all of them came with you) would be outnumbered a 200 to 1, I doubt whatever they had would save their asses. If anything the team is outnumbered. It was only because of Revan that they made it through the entire endeavour alive.

Precisely my point. He saves their asses.

I thought we were all convinced that she was held captive by Malak, and working against Revan.

Like I said, never stated that she was powerful. In fact a lot is going against her. She was defeated by neophyte padawan, and also stunned instantly by Bastila. If you believe she improved, show me the proof.

-Hasn't used the force for a while (access of 20 years)
-Stunned instantly by Bastila.
-was getting owned by animals
-no proof that he improved

Too bad Malak sent everything he had at once in order to subdue Revan. By the end, his entire army of Dark Jedi was taken down. We can conclude that the majority of these guys woudn't have been much help because they can't even defend from basic force attacks (like push)

On the otherhand we have weaklings like Juhani and Jolee, with no explicit or implied proof that they improved.

Most of the companions were liabilities; not an assets.

Generic Hero
This is exactly the problem with the situation you're imagining.

They are not outnumbered 200 to 1 if the Dark Jedi are coming in small packs of 2 and 3, which is precisely what happens in the game. Although you could dismiss this as a gameplay mechanic, it is not a variable. In any playthrough, you will not have to fight more than 4 or 5 at a time.

Incorrect. He ordered them all to attack at once. Unless they all start from the exact same point and travel together at the same speed and attack at a proper point (as in, as long as they dont get stuck in a doorway or anything while Revan's crew opens fire), they are not going to be outnumbering Revan's forces 200-1. That kind of situation would require proof. It's more than possible that Dark Jedi were scattered around dozens of training areas, mediation rooms, etc all around the space station in groups of 4 and 5. Notice how they come from several directions, in the game.

Where did you guy that figure, anways? There was an undisclosed amount of Dark Jedi (mostly apprentices) on the Star Forge.

Do we know that?

zephiel7
I can very much see the logic in this. Here is my argument:

It is unlikely that the rest of the dark Jedi are sitting on their laps while one batch of DJ's rushes in towards Revan.
I can see them directing lightning or preparing force pushes and pulls in order to scatter the KOTOR team. 40 or so DJ's in lines directing such efforts in order to scatter the KOTOR team would be the end of them, if Revan were not involved.

Compound this with the dozens of doors and hatches we can have maybe 10 or 20 Dark Jedi streaming continuously from every door non stop, while many more offer them support by blasting Revan and co with wave and push, all the while the Star Forge is providing them power. It is unlikely that Revan would want to endager his teammates like that.

Many of the non force sensitives (if they were with him at all) in Revan's company were probably thrown about, since invariably they cannot defend against force attacks. Jolee and Juhani cannot defend against the concerted efforts of dozens of DJ's force tking from behind, mixed with ten or so DJ's streaming forth continously with lightsaber in hand, from multiple hatches.

Add "Jedi killing droid" fire from the rear, and possibly grenades and whatnot, we can see with these guys, they would get tooled. It would seem that only because of Revan they survived.

An approximation. The Star Forge was described as "enormous", and Malak said send "everything we have". Also I would assume that Malak would keep only his best by his side. It seems to be the most logical assumption, Okkam's razor and all.

His apprentice said that Revan destroyed them all, to which Malak replies, "Revan was always strong in the force." I am assuming maybe fifteen or so may be scattered or hiding.

S_W_LeGenD
@ zephiel7

You made some excellent points and I really appreciate your efforts. Thanks! wink

ZOMG Gamespot!!!11!!!!

And... to fight Bedak you had to be evil. Revan wasn't.

And Anakin beat Asajj, Durge, and Dooku...

I need to go.

This= lame post, sorry.
Gamespot has gathered this information using various canon sources and they know better.

And Anakin's only notable victory was against Dooku in a one-on-one battle.

Revan have killed many impressive individuals and I have listed some of them.

And what about the rest of my post? Do you think that that information is waste too?

Your views are actually lame and thats it.

kamhal
Just one thing, wasn't obi-wan that killed Durge?

By the way, everytime i play KOTOR i kill bendak, lol, i don't care if i am lightside, i don't like incomplete quests lol...

kamikz
Nope, Durge survived against Obi-Wan! Anakin was the one who finished him off forever!

General Kenobl
Yeah, but Durge would never forget when he decided to step up against THE GENERAL KENOBI! (See sig)

jollyjim311
Sorry about my last post , I had to go.

Someone in my school died in an accident. sad I didn't know him, but, that explains the lameness, I guess.

Anyway, back on topic:

About the Dark Jedi, in gameplay you only run into a few at a time, and, on such a massive ship, I doubt they would all be grouped together. Also, they can either be sneaked by, or taken on a few at a time.

It does mention that Revan had some party members, and, a little detail as to their help and why they would go with him:

They would need someone to stay on the Ship, and the most likely is T-3 (Whatever the Hell his name is). He would be mischievous elsewhere.

Juhani- A Jedi and wouldn't let Revan face this dark threat alone. She was powerful enough to be a worry of the Council on Dantooine, and, she adventured with Revan, so, she'll be some help.

Jolee- Same as above, only he survived in the dangerous forests of Kashyyyk. Bound to be some help.

Canderous- Mandalorian, one of the most feared people on Taris, and probably eager to fight force sensitives again.

Carth- A republic officer with a good blaster arm to lend. He has stuck with Revan the whole time, and I doubt he would quit at the end.

HK-47- I doubt Revan would build an incompetent Assassin droid, and it would be eager to put some "meatbags" down.

Zaalbarr(Spelling?)- Owes Revan a life-debt. He would go. He's a big wookiee with some experience, bound to help at least somewhat.

Mission- Sticks with the Wookiee. Meh, just another blaster shot, sneak, or grenade for support.

This group could easily either split up and sneak or just take on any threats by themselves. A group of 4 or 5 dark Jedi should be no problem, seeing as how Juhani, Jolee, and Canderous, could probably take one confidently unassisted each.

kamikz
Yeah, but Durge would never forget when he decided to step up against THE GENERAL KENOBI! (See sig)

If you think about it, Kenobi's been inside Durge............................................................................................................................................... ninja no expression pirate

kamhal
jollyjim311, we all know that:

1) he could only take 2 companios with him

2) was revan who destroyed almost every single thread alone, since he was the one that could do it. For example, Malak asked himself how someone was getting through his droids, because there wasn't anyone on the order able to pass through so many hard foes. Then, the other guy said that revan was there, and malak understood. So, abd if you read the canon sources, actually single-handed destroyed everything Malak had to stop him (and even Malak believed that this wouldn't be enough).

jollyjim311
Originally posted by kamhal
jollyjim311, we all know that:

1) he could only take 2 companios with him

2) was revan who destroyed almost every single thread alone, since he was the one that could do it. For example, Malak asked himself how someone was getting through his droids, because there wasn't anyone on the order able to pass through so many hard foes. Then, the other guy said that revan was there, and malak understood. So, abd if you read the canon sources, actually single-handed destroyed everything Malak had to stop him (and even Malak believed that this wouldn't be enough).

1) Gameplay. Read why I said that the others would come with him. It wouldn't make sense to only bring two.

2) Thread? I'm not sure I understand what you mean.

He could have either
a) Brought his allies with him and demolished the guards, in their small groups (Because if they were all together, they could be easily avoided).
b) Sneak, Old Ben style, and avoid killing most of the guards and a few Dark Jedi.

I agree that Revan has a greater knowledge of the force, but his experience with it is not much more than Anakins (Revan didn't seem old), and his connection, despite being powerful, is no where close to Anakins, seeing as how he was birthed by the force.

"Dooku had studied the ways of the Force for almost eight decades, becoming one of its most powerful practitioners" and still, his mastery was described as a "joke" when put against Anakin. That means that even if Revan was exponentially stronger in the force then Dooku (not likely at all), then Anakin could still conceivably defend against his attacks. Without a direct example of Revans force powers and how much damage he can do, I don't see him being able to take out Anakin with force alone, in which case, Revan would get smashed thoroughly in saber combat.

kamhal
Well, if you talk about "gameplay" then revan could have fight all his way alone. In case you forget, in the fight against bastilla and malak he was alone, so canonly he was alone in the star forge.

Also, he showed a great POWER, not only force knowledge. Yes, he was young, he had probably 19-20 years when he fought in the mandalorian wars, yet he was "the greatest single warrior of this era"...

jollyjim311
I meant you were talking about gameplay, what are these feats of power that Revan has performed (Revan himself, with a quote and source), and, the same can be said about Anakin during the clone wars.

Gideon
I am trying to debate this from a neutral standpoint. Revan's feats are considerable, true, and I do believe that he stands an excellent chance of winning this fight. However, you have to consider some things.

Count Dooku was among the very best and most powerful of the Jedi Order, period. Yoda calls him "his greatest student" and his pupil "most learned in the ways of the Force" in Dark Rendezvous. He studied the Force for eight decades, under Yoda and Darth Sidious. He is far more than just an above average duelist, and I think that he is superior to Malak by a fair margin.

And, look what Anakin did to him.

Anakin annihilated him, unrestrained. He made quick work of Dooku's heralded precision and skill, and simply overwhelmed him. Dooku didn't have the opportunity to use a Force attack.

I think that one could make an argument that, as of RotS, Anakin is the best with a lightsaber duelist. And, especially when in the proper mental condition, he is so by a considerable margin. But don't take this opinion as the gospel.

The problem is, I'd say he'd lose against people like Yoda and Sidious, simply, for the way they fight. Sidious especially because self preservation is his primary focus, and he has no qualms or issues with using the environment or bringing his superior Force powers into play, whereas Anakin isn't a broad tactical fighter.

I do think that Anakin > Revan in sheer swordsplay at this point in the juncture, but Revan is more versed in the Force (though I don't think his raw power is as great as Anakin's) and is a superb tactition, this would likely contribute to victory.

But, if it gets to sabers, I don't see Revan winning.

jollyjim311
We've seen Sidious lift up three senate pods casually, he is a smart fighter, an amazing potential, and experience, that's why he could beat Anakin.

We haven't seen any showings of the force from Revan as powerful as we've seen Titans like Sidious and Yoda perform. Given that Dooku couldn't do anything to Anakin with the force, I don't see why Revan can. Revan tries a force attack, fails, and is beat in melee.

The Planet
Prove that Revan is beaten in melee.

The facts are; Revan was stated to be a saber prodigy, he was unmatched with a saber in his time, a time which saw lots of jedi on sith - lightsaber on lightsaber combat, which would give him lots of battle experience (the type of battle experience which really counts for a match like this). He's also fought in two massive wars which would give him quite a bit more experience than Anakin. In other words, he was the top guy in an extremely martial time period, full of badasses. Anakin was like #5 in a lesser time period.

His strength and mastery of the force was damn high as well, which counts for a hell of a lot in a saber battle (reflexes, precognition, augmentation of skills etc.). He also had a talent for precognition, stated to be above the greatest of the Echani seers, who could predict wars years in advance.

And judging by what Kreia said, Tulak Hord had some next way of fighting, and Revan most likely obtained and learnt from his holocron.

But really, this doesn't matter as Revan easily has this in the force. He destroyed countless scouting parties of Rakatan warriors and Rancor beasts with force lightning. His willpower was so high that he was able to resist the darkside of an entire planet. He was able to keep titans like Sion and Nihilus in line. The knowledge of the darkside that Bane accessed in Revan's holocron was said to be larger than the entire archives of the Korriban academy, and that was only what Bane actually accessed, there was likely much more knowledge. Anakin simply can't quite compare, he wasn't even able to overpower Obi-Wan with the force.

Darth Sexy
Anakin>Revan in saber dueling because although Revan was the best in an order of tens of thousands, we don't know how that would measure up to the PT era.
Revan>Anakin in the force. This is more than obvious if you played KOTOR and especially if you read POD.. In an overall fight I would give it to Revan due to him being a superb tactician.

The Planet
You do realise that argument can be applied to both right? I can just as easily say,
Anakin<Revan in saber dueling because although Anakin was one of the best in the PT Jedi Order, we don't know how that would measure up to the KotOR Jedi Order.

Darth Sexy
You do realise that argument can be applied to both right? I can just as easily say,
Anakin<Revan in saber dueling because although Anakin was one of the best in the PT Jedi Order, we don't know how that would measure up to the KotOR Jedi Order.

Except that we know that the PT era was the peak of lightsaber combat, so your argument fails.

The Planet
How do we know that? You need to provide proof, Sexy.

Darth Sexy
How do we know that? Everyone already knows that on this forum because the proof from George Lucas was brought forth time and time again. Consult lightsnake or somebody, I don't have the time for this nonsense. It was in many George Lucas interviews.

The Planet
Bullshit. It was a quote taken out of context, most likely, just like all these other forum 'truths'.

Darth Sexy
Out of context my ass. If you can't deal with it, tough shit.

The Planet
Provide proof, jackass. You have none, at this moment.

Advent
Hey, I have two questions for "Mister Leland Chan", lol!

The Planet
lol, did I spell his name wrong? laughing
No wonder he only answered like 1 of my Qs.

Darth Sexy
prove what numbnuts? Ask Escape, Advent, Lightsnake, anyone with half a brain, etc, about the quote. I try to waste as little time as I can arguing with simple minded buffoons such as yourself.

Gideon
prove what numbnuts? Ask Escape, Advent, Lightsnake, anyone with half a brain, etc, about the quote. I try to waste as little time as I can arguing with simple minded buffoons such as yourself.

Go to my profile. The God of Debating (known by mere mortals as The Planet) is above 99% of the SWV forum...

Darth Sexy
I spit out my drink when I saw "oh god of debating". That's some first class sarcasm.

kamhal
"Palpatine stood close by his shoulder, opposite to Obi-Wan, so close he needed only to whisper. "You have destroyed their political head. Take their military commander, and you will have practically won the war. Single-handed. Who else could do that, Anakin? Yoda? Mace Windu? They couldn't even capture Dooku. Who would have a chance against Grievous, if not Anakin Skywalker? The Jedi have never faced a crisis like the Clone Wars..."

As you see, the novelization and the movies' information only cares about the movies time, don't even care about the ancient times, or exar kun or revan times, nothing else, only the movies era. "The jedi have never faced a crisis like the clone wars...". For the movies' time this may be true, but if we are using the expanded universe, then we see that statements such as "the best ever" and all that kind of stuff is just relative to PT times, not considerating the other eras. Because this way a statement like "The jedi have never faced a crisis like the clone wars..." could never be use (since it would not be true).

Darth Sexy
You know, you could just have said "In universe", instead of wasting all that text.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>