Vaapad

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

darthsith19
I am wondering if anyone knows when Mace finished creating Vaapad. Was it before or after TPM?

Prodigal Knight
I believe it was just after TPM.

Dessel
I heard from somewhere that he created it at the age of 13.

General G
Where did you hear that from?

Council#13
Probably sometime before TPM. He taught it to Depa Billaba, although I'm not sure if that was before or after she became a Knight.

Lord Coal
What's Vaapad?

Advent
Originally posted by Lord Coal
What's Vaapad?

Simple explanation: Vaapad - basically - is a lightsaber form. The seventh to be precise, while it is consider to be an "extension" of Juyo, it's nevertheless a form. Mace Windu was the original inventor of the form, and there's only a couple people who have ever even mastered it fully (including Windu). Yoda remarks it as "the deadlist of all", and I'd be forced to agree.

Depa Billaba was the only student to master it, while Sora Bulq - who did master it in a traditional sense - is considered by Windu to have let "Vaapad master him" (though Depa also fell to the Darkside anyways).

Prodigal Knight
I believ Echuu-Shen Jon learned Vapaad as well. In addition, Quinlan Vos learned aspects of it from Sora Bulq.

Advent
Yes, I know Vos did, however, neither of them mastered it.

darthsith19
Originally posted by Dessel
I heard from somewhere that he created it at the age of 13.
Created maybe, but did he completely finish making it by then? Or just come up with the idea and start?

Yeah, I dunno, and he could have taught here what he knew before and not finished perfecting it until after TPM.

Darth Subjekt
did he still have an apprentice during TPM? I thought if you were on the council you didn't have a padawan anymore...could be wrong though. And i don't mean like Yoda trains the younglings, i mean a one on one apprenticeship.

darthsith19
Who says he taught Depa Billaba Vaapad when she was his Padawan and not sometime after she had already become a Knight or Master?

Darth Subjekt
wouldn't a council member be busy doing council stuff (don't know what they actually do, lol) rather than taking time to teach someone a form? When was Shatterpoint? Was it before TPM, or just ROTS? Isn't that when Mace says that Depa perfected it better than him? that might give a clue as to when it was.

Council#13
I would put in question Mace's wisdom if he taught a Padawan Vaapad. He wouldn't risk it even with some accomplished Jedi Masters, I'm sure. Isn't Mace the only one ever to master it and not turn to the Dark Side?

((The_Anomaly))
Originally posted by Darth Subjekt
wouldn't a council member be busy doing council stuff (don't know what they actually do, lol) rather than taking time to teach someone a form? When was Shatterpoint? Was it before TPM, or just ROTS? Isn't that when Mace says that Depa perfected it better than him? that might give a clue as to when it was.

Shatterpoint takes place during the Clone Wars. Roughly 6 months after the battle of Geonosis.

Darth Subjekt
ah ok, then so by that point Depa already was a master of it, which would mean he prolly trained Depa since about TPM, right?

Blue_Hefner
He probably trained her twenty years before that.

Darth Subjekt
20 years before TPM? He'd be pretty young. About 20, cause he was 53 in ROTS, minus 3 to AOTC minus 10 to TPM, then 20 before....yea, 20. But then again he was on the council at 28, so he might have been powerful enough and good enough to train someone...hmm, not sure though.

Council#13
messed

Darth Subjekt
exactly

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.