Man gets 508 years for sex assaults on kids

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Vinny Valentine

§P0oONY
Bastard deserves more.

Terrorist
life in prison. good job

Strangelove
Originally posted by Vinny Valentine
508 Years! laughingIt's only 254 with good behavior ermm

office jesus
Why can't they just say life and get it over with?

Victor Von Doom
Why stop at 508? Why not 6053? The more the better!

A million! That'll show him.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
Why stop at 508? Why not 6053? The more the better!

A million! That'll show him.

If they want to give him the most, they'd have to say "Infinity x Infinity"; that'd win it for sure.

Mišt

Quiero Mota
hey, at least he didn't rape his mother....

Strangelove
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
hey, at least he didn't rape his mother.... laughing out loud

Fishy
What kind of punishment is this? Can't they just give him life, and be done with it? And with life I do mean for the rest of his life until the day he dies? No use keeping him jail for 456 years after he's dead.

KidRock
Great now my tax dollars go to paying for him to be in jail for the rest of his life.

Why cant we just kill people like this?

TheKingofKINGS!
Originally posted by office jesus
Why can't they just say life and get it over with? because if you get convited for life at say....20, by the time you're 70, if you've behaved well, it's ossible they might let you out on good behavior. Now, with 508 years, that can't happen.

Robtard
Sweet, one less pedophile on the loose.

Strangelove
Originally posted by TheKingofKINGS!
because if you get convited for life at say....20, by the time you're 70, if you've behaved well, it's ossible they might let you out on good behavior. Now, with 508 years, that can't happen. Originally posted by Strangelove
It's only 254 with good behavior ermm

Naz
Originally posted by office jesus
Why can't they just say life and get it over with?

because after 20 years or so with life you're eligible for parol.

Ushgarak

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by Ushgarak
And kidrock- costs you MORE tax dollars to execute him.

True, but that's not the point. Why keep scum like that alive?; that's the point.

Alpha Centauri
To everyone saying: "Why can't it just be life?".

Because it involves little children. If a man got 508 years for 25 murders, there wouldn't be anywhere near as much vigour put into applauding it, despite a life actually being ended.

Now, with 508 years, that can't happen.

It can't happen with 100, it can't happen if you just keep them in there for life. 508 years just sounds like a South Park episode.

True, but that's not the point. Why keep scum like that alive?; that's the point.

Because it's not our responsibility or right to get rid of them, because it costs a lot more, because it's hypocritical.

-AC

Strangelove
True, but that's not the point. Why keep scum like that alive?; that's the point. Because if they sentence him to death, he's going to appeal up the ass, keeping the attorneys and judges paid and sucking taxpayer's dollars away

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Because it's not our responsibility or right to get rid of them, because it costs a lot more, because it's hypocritical.

Who is "our" referring to?

It can't happen with 100, it can't happen if you just keep them in there for life. 508 years just sounds like a South Park episode.

That quote you're referring to wasn't by me.

Originally posted by Strangelove
Because if they sentence him to death, he's going to appeal up the ass, keeping the attorneys and judges paid and sucking taxpayer's dollars away

I know all that, I still think he should just be shot.

BackFire
Only 508 years? That's crazy! He should get at least 527 years! God our legal system is broken, wtf!

Strangelove
Originally posted by BackFire
Only 508 years? That's crazy! He should get at least 527 years! God our legal system is broken, wtf! I was thinking that, but I figured the judge would draw the line at 509 erm

Capt_Fantastic
According to wal-mart, bullets are only 20 cents a pop. (no pun intended) It's hard to debate the cost after you see figures like that.

Nellinator
Originally posted by Capt_Fantastic
According to wal-mart, bullets are only 20 cents a pop. (no pun intended) It's hard to debate the cost after you see figures like that.
Either that or just castrate him. Castration usually does the trick with sex offenders.

lord xyz

Badabing
I'm glad he'll spend the rest of his life as another man's ***** in prison. Castration would solve the problem and be a lot less expensive.

FeceMan
Originally posted by Capt_Fantastic
I keep supporting things like this, but I'm allegedly evil for it.

Tptmanno1
*Sigh*
I guess this thread has developed into an analysis of our legal system.
First noone gets "life"
Its at least 20 to life and I don't think what he was charged with comes with a life sentance. The massive amount of years is based on how many counts of sexual assault on a minor he was charged with. Every charge comes with an amount of time to be served attached to it. take that, multiply by how many charges= years to be served.
And the one year earlier, I'll bet they didn't have enough on him for the other stuff to work well, and so they cut a deal.

Leo.M
Is it just me or does Zuri-Kye McGhee kind of look like Wacko Jacko. ermm

http://img.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/0610/31/g1.jpg

bogen
does that break any kind of record?

Strangelove
Originally posted by bogen
does that break any kind of record? I very much doubt it

Bardock42

Cause it's cheaper?

Robtard
To everyone saying: "Why can't it just be life?".

Because it involves little children. If a man got 508 years for 25 murders, there wouldn't be anywhere near as much vigour put into applauding it, despite a life actually being ended.

-AC

Actually, if convicted on 25 counts of murder he would most likely have gotten the death penalty, you can decide for yourself which is worse, death or 508 (a true life term) years in prison. Regardless, 25 counts of murder would equate to several hundred years if no death penaly existed.

That's not the point, 508 isn't for one charge, it is the accumulative of the time he received for each of his 65 charges. Just how it works.

I take it you're against the death penalty when stating "not our responsibility or right"? Why is it hypocritical though?

JaehSkywalker

Strangelove
Originally posted by JaehSkywalker
serves him right. no expression

may God forgive him. He won't noneno

Bardock42
serves him right. no expression

may God forgive him.
He might severely lack existence to do so.

JaehSkywalker
May God forgive him.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Robtard
Actually, if convicted on 25 counts of murder he would most likely have gotten the death penalty, you can decide for yourself which is worse, death or 508 (a true life term) years in prison. Regardless, 25 counts of murder would equate to several hundred years if no death penaly existed.

That's not the point, 508 isn't for one charge, it is the accumulative of the time he received for each of his 65 charges. Just how it works.

I take it you're against the death penalty when stating "not our responsibility or right"? Why is it hypocritical though?

Killing someone because they killed someone is hypocritical.

Of course so is locking up someone, but you can't deny the hypocrisy.

JaehSkywalker
so how do you propose he gets punished?

Bardock42
so how do you propose he gets punished?

It doesn't matter to me. As long as we are accepting that we are being hypocritical we can torture him to death for all I care.

No, actually, I would say a few years in prison and afterwards maybe an Asylum if he is still a danger to society.

JaehSkywalker
*nods*

think he should undergo psychology or something? there might be an underlying 'problem'.

Bardock42
*nods*

think he should undergo psychology or something? there might be an underlying 'problem'.

Yeah, sure, why not...maybe you can rehabilitate him or whatever. But actually my only wish is to protect society from further assaults (while being as humane to the offender as possible).

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by Ushgarak

And kidrock- costs you MORE tax dollars to execute him.

Really?

What do they use to execute people there?

Bardock42
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Really?

What do they use to execute people there?

A shitload of lawyers, judges and other officials?

JaehSkywalker
Originally posted by Bardock42
Yeah, sure, why not...maybe you can rehabilitate him or whatever. But actually my only wish is to protect society from further assaults (while being as humane to the offender as possible).

yes

you're right. good points.

DarkCrawler
A shitload of lawyers, judges and other officials?

Oh.

But doesn't the same amount of money go on trials that give him 508 years in prison?

Bardock42
Oh.

But doesn't the same amount of money go on trials that give him 508 years in prison?

Well, and then they get executed after 20 years in special prisons, with more security and all. I don't know wxact figures, but that is the reasoning that is usually portrayed.

DarkCrawler
Legal system amazes me. Why just not have him in prison for rest of his life if you are going to let him live 20 years anyway...

Bardock42
Legal system amazes me. Why just not have him in prison for rest of his life if you are going to let him live 20 years anyway...

Yeah. I mean. either shot a bullet through his head right after the verdict or just...well, don't at all.

Robtard
Killing someone because they killed someone is hypocritical.

Of course so is locking up someone, but you can't deny the hypocrisy.

Yes and no, the motives differentiate the difference between murder and punishment. But this is being covered in the Saddam thread, come join in and add your thoughts.

Lord Urizen

Because you want him to suffer.

To kill him is merciful compared to sending him into a life where he will be constantly harassed, beaten up, and threatened with violence for as long as he lives.

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by Lord Urizen
Because you want him to suffer.

To kill him is merciful compared to sending him into a life where he will be constantly harassed, beaten up, and threatened with violence for as long as he lives.

Yeah I can see that point of view, ey. But frankly I'd rather not house and feed (ie: take care of) some one I think deserves to die.

Fishy
Yeah I can see that point of view, ey. But frankly I'd rather not house and feed (ie: take care of) some one I think deserves to die.

It's not like the person executed will be executed the next day and like executing is cheap... In a civilized (if you can really call them that) country with the death penalty they usually stay in jail for anywhere between 10 and 20 years or so before they are actually executed. The costs of that is insane, they also have a different jail complex and what not. Not to mention the costs of actually executing somebody. It ain't cheap.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.