If God exists.....(Post questions here)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lord Coal
If God/Allah/Jehova or any other deity exists.........

........Why is Tony Blair allowed to breed?

........Why is George W. Bush allowed to be the most powerful man on the planet?

........Why is there no cure for cancer?

........Why is there cancer in the first place?

........Why are there so many religions disputing the identity and nature of said deity?

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Lord Coal

........Why is George W. Bush allowed to be the most powerful man on the planet?

........Why are there so many religions disputing the identity and nature of said deity?

Because there is no god outside of ourselves.

Lord Urizen
Originally posted by Shakyamunison

thumb up

§P0oONY

Because the devil has powers too. It's a balance.

Fatima

Regret

........Why is JIA allowed to post?

........Why are there so many stupid posts and threads?

........?

Lord Urizen

BobbyD

When God or whoever you call your creator mixed the universal shake in his blender and poured it out, He set in motion things that happened naturally and will continue to happen naturally, with and w/o His interference. Call it more free will or the freedom to choose w/o His interruption as answer to why these things exist. erm

Fatima
Originally posted by Lord Urizen
Why does the Devil have power over God's realm though ?

Earth belongs to God according to your mythology....why does he allow the Adversary ANY influence over his world?

That's like allowing a wolf near my sheep ....and I'm supposed to be a Good Shepard ?

becuase god want to test your faith big grin

Lord Urizen
Originally posted by Fatima
becuase god want to test your faith big grin

What for ?

Do you test your own children by having them sit near wolves ? Would you send your own children to eternal torture because they disobeyed you ?

Alliance

Because there is no god.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Alliance
Because there is no god.

Isn't that what I said?

There is no god, but we are part of God.

Alliance
There is NO god. Nothing about humans is divine in nature.

Shakyamunison

That is true. However, you are alive.

Alliance
I don't see the connection.

Shakyamunison
I don't see the connection.

I understand... It is a difficult thing to talk about. Life is enlightenment and enlightenment is just another word for God. Not the god of the bible, but the living entity of the universe.

Alliance
How is enlightenment "living" and an "entity"

Storm
If God would take an active role in people' s life, then God is somehow denying the right of free will to another person.

Shakyamunison
How is enlightenment "living" and an "entity"

You have heard the idea that we are all connected? Do you believe that?

I am alive and so are you, we are part of the universe, but we are different then most of the universe. We are alive because the universe allows us to be alive. The laws of the universe make it passable for you and I to live. Why are we alive? Enlightenment is the realization of the true nature of reality; it is the answer to the why.

We are connected by live and we function as a system that is one. If you look into history, you will that major events happen on the Earth at the same time. This entity that is all of us is part a greater system or entity and that entity is part of the universe that I call the great entity or God.

FeceMan

Same reason that everyone else is allowed to breed.

Same reason that Bill Clinton was allowed to be the most powerful man on the planet.

We haven't invented one yet.

Cellular mutations.

People get confused.

Atlantis001
Originally posted by Regret

........?

LOL.... laughing out loud

FeceMan

........?
Because Storm is lax.

Fatima
What for ?

Do you test your own children by having them sit near wolves ? Would you send your own children to eternal torture because they disobeyed you ?

First , you advice your children to follow certain rule and avoid follow the divil . and if they didnt listen to you and prefer to follow divil way you will punish them becuase you care about them ..

the human can control his act even if divil tell him to do bad thing ..(unless he was achild).

RocasAtoll
First , you advice your children to follow certain rule and avoid follow the divil . and if they didnt listen to you and prefer to follow divil way you will punish them becuase you care about them ..

the human can control his act even if divil tell him to do bad thing ..(unless he was achild).

So you would send your child to eternal torture if he disobeyed you? Ya, you would be a great mother.

JesusIsAlive

God does exist His Name is Jesus Christ.

The same reason that you are allowed to breed.

A mystery of God.

There is a cure for cancer His Name is Jesus Christ. There are many people who have been cured of A.I.D.S., "malignant" cancer (i.e. the terminal kind. There are two types of cancer: benign and malignant), and other terminal illnesses. in/through the Name of Jesus Christ.

Because there is a devil who has demons working for him and their mission is to steal, kill, and destroy God's creation.

Alliance
Originally posted by JesusIsAlive
There are many people who have been cured of A.I.D.S.

Oh really? Name one.

"malignant" cancer (i.e. the terminal kind. There are two types of cancer: benign and malignant)

Note: JIA has no knowledge of biology.

Of course malignant cancers have been cured. Not all malignant cancers are terminal. Try learning.

Fatima
Originally posted by RocasAtoll
So you would send your child to eternal torture if he disobeyed you? Ya, you would be a great mother.

torture laughing

im not talking about human , i dscribe how god is care about us ..

Capt_Fantastic
torture laughing

Yeah, I'm going to need you to put that in a sentance I can understand. I'm not saying you have no point. I'm just saying I don't understand what you're trying to say with this jumble of words.

xmarksthespot
Oh really? Name one. I recall there was that one gay British man who was in the news recently, but that was likely an initial false positive. And regardless I doubt Jesus was involved.
Note: JIA has no knowledge of biology. I doubt he has knowledge of anything beyond scripture, NB that doesn't imply he actually has knowledge of theology.
Of course malignant cancers have been cured.But not by Jesus.
Not all malignant cancers are terminal. Try learning. To be more technical a benign tumor is not classified as a cancer at all, cancers being defined by invasion irrc.

Question for god:
What's with the 10-20 million children dying before the age of 5 in the developing world from preventable causes?

Alfheim

I thought you were an Atheist?

Alliance
Originally posted by Alfheim
I thought you were an Atheist?

How were those two stances contradictory?

FeceMan
How were those two stances contradictory?
I think he meant agnostic.

~Forever*Alone~
Originally posted by Storm
If God would take an active role in people' s life, then God is somehow denying the right of free will to another person.

right, so if my friend is drowning i should just let her drown because if i tried to save her then i would be taking away her free will yes

also, even though my friends family is devoutly catholic her mom died from an at first benign breast cancer, despite the fact that she was a great person and her whole church prayed for her.

your god is sure great all right.

Alliance
Originally posted by ~Forever*Alone~
right, so if my friend is drowning i should just let her drown because if i tried to save her then i would be taking away her free will yes

Your issue here is that people do not drown of their free will, it is an inevitable consequence of being sumberged for an extended time without some sort of UBA.

JesusIsAlive
Oh really? Name one.

Note: JIA has no knowledge of biology.

Of course malignant cancers have been cured. Not all malignant cancers are terminal. Try learning.

About APHAC

a) About Aphac

This is an asociation of people who the world had writtenoff, proclaim dead, but through the divine healing administered on them by the potent power of God, through the effective prayer offered by the anointed man of God Prophet T B Joshua, are now healed completely. A member who had ealier-on tested positive are now issued with medical report showing them to be negative to the killer virus. We are proud to report that we have member who has being enjoying perfect state of health for the past five years without taking any medicalment,and these member cut across all strata of human endevour,the poor,the rich, white and black.

Aims of aphac
1 APHAC is a non-partisan,non-religious but all embracing organisation of people healed by God.

2 -APHAC aims and objective is to carry out world-wide HIV/AIDS and cancer awareness campaingn.

3-To reach out to the whole world that the solution to the dreaded HIV/AIDS and CANCER is in in God through his anoited ones such as Prophet T. B. Joshua

4-To enlighten mankind to let the world that the Divine/Spiritual healing is the oldest, siplest and best solution to all diseases.

5-To call on governments and all other concern organisation to motivate all categories of HIV/AIDS and CANCER workers including volunteers

6-To encourage Global community to report all cases of HIV/AIDS and CANCER to APHAC in in in Nigeria or to Prophet T.B. Joshua

7-To support and assist children whose parents has died of HIV/AIDS and CANCER e.t.c

8-To encourage organised private sector, Donor Agencies, Multi-national, wealthy companies and government to establish community home based care centres for people healed of HIV/AIDS and CANcer and home based care centre for people living with these deadly diseases.

9-To re awaken the nucleus culture of thou shall not commit fornication and adultery and other sinful acts.

10-To guarantee freedom and discourage acts of discrimination against people healed of HIV/AIDS and CANCER in all ramification.

11-These aims shall be carried out in the following ways
a)-Advertisement in printed and electronics media and articles
b)-Lectures Symposia and conferences
c)-Handbills T-Shirts and stickers e.t.c
d)-Coonferences, seminar and workshop.

b) Membership :
- All the membership and the officers are all healed of HIV/AIDS through the man in the Synagogue, Prophet T.B. Joshua; who always say "he is not the healer, but Jesus Christ is the healer. The membership is over 10,000 people healed of HIV/AIDS and Cancer; both white and Black.

c) Officers of the Association
1- President : Philip Okas

2- V President : Jimmy Babatunde

3- Secretary/Legal Adviser : Amos Abraham

4- Treasurer : Edwin Ebani

5- P.R.O. :Akaigbo Paul O.

6- Ass. Secretary : Nkiru Okafor
All the officer are among those healed of this dreaded diseases.

d) Anniversary:
- The association normally hold their anniversary once in a year.

e) Affiliation
The door of this association is free for enquiries. Direct all enquiries to the P.R.O Akarigbo. and Jimmy Babatunde the v.p.
Headquarters :

This shall be located in Nigeria.
P.O.Box16398
Ikeja Lagos
Nigeria

Note this:

The slogan shall be:

"There is no sickness or disease that God cannot heal. With God, All Things Are Possible. There is no problem that Jesus cannot solve. There is no friend like Jesus Christ. There is hope for the hopeless."

http://www.jesus.org.uk/dawn/2001/dawn22.html

http://www.tgm.org/HealedFromAidsFG.html

http://my.homewithgod.com/wap/Others%20have%20been%20healed.htm

http://www.sendrevival.com/testimonies/categories/aids/

Alliance
1. I thought you don't believe in modern prophets. Hence, prophet Joshua is a fraud in your eyes and his words are lies.

2. Aside from that, I asked for proof, not some random website. Its funny how you'll absorb anything that supports your opinon, even from non-credible sources, yet you'll flat out deny or ignore anyhting that I say, regardless of its credibility.

JesusIsAlive
1. I thought you don't believe in modern prophets. Hence, prophet Joshua is a fraud in your eyes and his words are lies.

2. Aside from that, I asked for proof, not some random website. Its funny how you'll absorb anything that supports your opinon, even from non-credible sources, yet you'll flat out deny or ignore anyhting that I say, regardless of its credibility.

1 Thessalonians 5:20
20 Do not despise prophecies.

Ephesians 4:11
And He Himself gave some to be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, and some pastors and teachers,

office jesus
God does exist His Name is Jesus Christ.

The same reason that you are allowed to breed.

A mystery of God.

There is a cure for cancer His Name is Jesus Christ. There are many people who have been cured of A.I.D.S., "malignant" cancer (i.e. the terminal kind. There are two types of cancer: benign and malignant), and other terminal illnesses. in/through the Name of Jesus Christ.

Because there is a devil who has demons working for him and their mission is to steal, kill, and destroy God's creation.

Hate to burst your bubble there buddy, but God and Jesus are two different people. God's an idea, whereas..Jesus, is a person. ( Allegedly. )

JacopeX
Because there is no god outside of ourselves. thumb down

Imperial_Samura
torture laughing

Would you say God's love is even remotely similar to the love a parent has for their child. Think, if you will, the lengths a parent will go to to protect their young.

To what extent has a God - be it Islamic or Christian - done comparable. What examples do we find of God protecting us? We have examples of him punishing us, examples of him letting terrible things happen (free will clause) examples of him failing to use his power to really benefit us.

Essentially we have a claim. God loves us. But a claim is nothing without evidence. God loves us so he has the after life available for us - though we don't know this for sure, and in my mind that doesn't wash the rest. A human parent who neglects a child should not expect things to be perfect if they just buy a house for the kid when they are older.

§P0oONY
Why does the Devil have power over God's realm though?
The way I like to think of it is this, God has control over heaven, Lucifer has control over hell, then they fight over everything else. Which is why your prayers are never answered. **** The Bible if it says otherwise.

Earth belongs to God according to your mythology....why does he allow the Adversary ANY influence over his world?

My Mythology consists of nothing. I actually don't believe in God, the Devil, Heaven or Hell.

Lord Urizen

And how will you punish your child ? By cutting off his hand, disowning him, burning him alive, or hanging him ? Which Islamic punishment is more to your liking?

the human can control his act even if divil tell him to do bad thing ..(unless he was a child).

Wait...didnt you just say before that you would PUNISH the child for following the "divil" ? Now you are saying the Child is not responsible ? Make up your damn mind !

Lord Urizen
Originally posted by JacopeX
thumb down

Can you somehow prove Shaky wrong ?

Fatima
And how will you punish your child ? By cutting off his hand, disowning him, burning him alive, or hanging him ? Which Islamic punishment is more to your liking?

ya,if that will make the socity for human only roll eyes (sarcastic)

Wait...didnt you just say before that you would PUNISH the child for following the "divil" ? Now you are saying the Child is not responsible ? Make up your damn mind !

the child in example is you , but the child i just mention here for children and crazy people big grin

Dont use this language with me again , make your mind grow you are not a teenager wink

Mindship
Why not?

So life can be perfect? Free from pain? All wishes granted?
How the hell otherwise could God test the mettle of His finest creation, a being which can actively and confidently choose not to believe in God?

If you wrote a novel, would you have your characters live perfect, pain-free, want-for-nothing lives? Course not! You'd wanna stir up the pot, make things interesting. Hell, would you even read a novel like that?

"God is a comedian playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-- Voltaire

Lord Urizen
the child in example is you , but the child i just mention here for children and crazy people big grin

Dont use this language with me again , make your mind grow you are not a teenager wink

Why did you not answer my questions ?

Are you to afraid to reveal the obvious flaws in your religion ?

"Make your mind grow"- take your own advice. With all non-Islamic sites being blocked from your reference, it's no wondor you think you know all there is to know.

Adam_PoE
Is God omnibenevolent?

Is God omnipotent?

Is God omnipresent?

Is God omniscient?

Negrodamus
Why doesn't he reveal himself so those who don't believe, will?

If he's "perfect", why did he create millions who would ultimately damn his name, deny his existence, etc, etc? According to the masses, he makes no mistakes. By creating a flawed product, you're showing that you are not perfect. Is that not a contradiction?

Why doesn't he wipe out AIDS, Cancer and other harmful diseases? For those in pain, why allow them to suffer? I understand those who make stupid choices and what have you, but those who are born with it, why do they have to suffer for another's mistake?

lil bitchiness

The reason is -

The deity which exists does not care for personal lives. It does not care for prayers nor does it answer them.
It does not care about anyone's sex life, their diet or anything of the sort. It does not want to be worshiped or loved, because it does not need it. It does not control lives.

It is aware of itself - and everything is part of it. It is us and we are it.
The being does not have an evil oposition - it is everything, good and bad.

lil bitchiness
OR

You can go the Hindu path -

Hindu God says -

Although I am in every religion, I am beyond all religions...
I am beyond all dualities... of Good / Evil, of Love / Hate, of Pleasure/Pain....
.... your anger, your bitterness,
does not bother Me at all....
there is no "bad" thing which you could do,
.... or "good" thing which you could fail to do...
which would prevent Me from perfecting you to that purpose
for which I ultimately created you.

Hope that answered your questions.

Alfheim
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
The reason is -

The deity which exists does not care for personal lives. It does not care for prayers nor does it answer them.
It does not care about anyone's sex life, their diet or anything of the sort. It does not want to be worshiped or loved, because it does not need it. It does not control lives.

I agree with both posts but at the sametime you can communicate with God and it can communicate with you. To an extent God does not care about personal lives but that depends on the person. Some people have a closer link to God and may be able manifest God in their lives.

Lord Coal
Okay, how's this....

Are we even here? Does the human race, the planet, the universe, etc. actually exist or are we just mad brains pickled in a lab or something? If we are here, why are we here? why would any deity, no matter what their intentions or characteristics create a product which seemingly serves no purpose?

Alfheim
Okay, how's this....

Are we even here? Does the human race, the planet, the universe, etc. actually exist or are we just mad brains pickled in a lab or something?

That depends on how you look at it. To an extent everything is an illusion because everything can be an infinit number of different things since reality is infinite. For example the fact that you percieve yourself as just flesh and blood as an illusion because you have infinite potential.

If we are here, why are we here?

The purpose of life is to be happy, but humans tend to mess things up

why would any deity, no matter what their intentions or characteristics create a product which seemingly serves no purpose?

Well it seems to me the purpose of life is to be happy.

lil bitchiness
Okay, how's this....

Are we even here? Does the human race, the planet, the universe, etc. actually exist or are we just mad brains pickled in a lab or something? If we are here, why are we here? why would any deity, no matter what their intentions or characteristics create a product which seemingly serves no purpose?
You did not understand what I wrote at all.

We are PART of someting, not an independent creation waiting to be looked after.

It is ego centric idea which religion spread which stops people from comprehanding that in fact we were not created for PURPOSE, we are created as a by product of Universe.

We are part of something, not an independent creations serving a particular purpose.

xmarksthespot
Okay, how's this....

Are we even here?
Does the human race, the planet, the universe, etc. actually exist or are we just mad brains pickled in a lab or something?
If we are here, why are we here?
why would any deity, no matter what their intentions or characteristics create a product which seemingly serves no purpose?
1. Yes, assuming human sensory perception interprets the actuality.
2. The former. See 1.
3. (a) If your question is with regard to how we came into being, consult astrophysics, geology, and biology. (b) If it is with regard to whether there is a purpose for the existence of the human race, there is no definitive answer, nor does there have to be any answer.
4. So far as one can say that point 1 is true a deity did not specifically create humanity, as for the rest of your question refer to 3b.

lil bitchiness
I agree with both posts but at the sametime you can communicate with God and it can communicate with you. To an extent God does not care about personal lives but that depends on the person. Some people have a closer link to God and may be able manifest God in their lives.
Sure.

I read something about that, but rather than God, it is known as cosmic order.

Alfheim
Sure.

I read something about that, but rather than God, it is known as cosmic order.

What exactly do you mean?

It is ego centric idea which religion spread which stops people from comprehanding that in fact we were not created for PURPOSE, we are created as a by product of Universe.

Actually that makes alot of sense.

Lord Coal
Quite some by-product, too.

Alfheim
Quite some by-product, too.

I intend to evolve.

Alliance
Unfortunately, you can't. Only populations can evolve.

FeceMan
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
Is God omnibenevolent?

Is God omnipotent?

Is God omnipresent?

Is God omniscient?
Seventy-three.

Alfheim
Unfortunately, you can't. Only populations can evolve.

Are you aware of what Qi gong masters and masters of meditation can do? It also seems within 20 years there will be some interesting developments in nanotechnology and cybernetics. They have started creating primitive cyborgs already.

Maybe you have a different defintion of evolution than I do. Basically I am interested in Transhumanism.

There are many definitions of Transhumanism, but basically it is the philosophy that we can and should consciously evolve beyond our present human limitations, most usually through scientific means. Through advanced technology individuals will soon be able to transcend the present "human condition," and so become posthuman or transhuman entities. This may be sooner than you think, if the Singularitymeme has any factual merit to it.

lil bitchiness
What exactly do you mean?

Yeah, sorry should have elaborated.

You said something about speaking to God, and asking for things from God. I read this thing which supports that idea through the ''cosmic order'' thing.

You can ask for things, and if you really do want them, they are granted to you. Its also something to do with the balancing out the thing. I have not read the whole thing, but I put it in practice.

As far as asking for skipping work - it worked!

Alliance
Are you aware of what Qi gong masters and masters of meditation can do? It also seems within 20 years there will be some interesting developments in nanotechnology and cybernetics. They have started creating primitive cyborgs already.

Maybe you have a different defintion of evolution than I do. Basically I am interested in Transhumanism.

There are many definitions of Transhumanism, but basically it is the philosophy that we can and should consciously evolve beyond our present human limitations, most usually through scientific means. Through advanced technology individuals will soon be able to transcend the present "human condition," and so become posthuman or transhuman entities. This may be sooner than you think, if the Singularitymeme has any factual merit to it.

Well, then thats another topic. Evolution is a clearly defined conceptm and is a word not to be associated with otherconcepts. Evolution is also biological, humans removed themseleves somewhat from that process when we started consciously changing our environment, any further advances in biorobotics etc are simple more of a removal.

Perhaps they are not transcending the "human conditoin," but merely showing us a side of ourselves that we've never seen before. Assiming of course, that this has factual basis.

ThePittman
Dear God,

If you created us in your image, why do we only use 10% of our brains?

Storm
We use our entire brains. Every part of the brain is known to have a function. Only about 10 % of the neurons in the brain are firing at any given time. However, if all neurons of the brain were generating action potentials at the same time, it is highly likely to result in dysfunction (epileptic seizure).

ThePittman

Shakyamunison

Adam_PoE
Originally posted by FeceMan
Seventy-three.

Curses!

Alliance
Regret might know some of these answers. (neurobiology)

ThePittman

Shakyamunison

ThePittman
The Holographic Brain theory my shed some light on you ideas. You should read from the link I gave you. Well I'm at work right now and I scanned through it but I'll have to give it a good read once I get home, thanks for the link it looks pretty good.

Regret

ThePittman

Regret

Regret
I am still considering my last post (the one above this.) I may have stated something that could be misinterpreted, if I decide that what I have written needs to be clarified I will post a clarification when I discover such.

ThePittman
Thank you for answering my questions smile Here is a pitt_cookie

Regret
Originally posted by ThePittman
Thank you for answering my questions smile Here is a pitt_cookie MMmmmmMMMmm, thanks wink You're welcome, I always enjoy discussing neurophysiology and behavior analysis/learning theory.

Shakyamunison
MMmmmmMMMmm, thanks wink You're welcome, I always enjoy discussing neurophysiology and behavior analysis/learning theory.

Don't eat the cookie, you are allergic to it. eek!

allofyousuckkk
I'd like to point out that the egyptians (before the bible and whatnot) had a more accurate pi than the bible did thousands of years later.

ThePittman
MMmmmmMMMmm, thanks wink You're welcome, I always enjoy discussing neurophysiology and behavior analysis/learning theory. The brain next to space is one of my favorite subjects to read about.Originally posted by Shakyamunison
Don't eat the cookie, you are allergic to it. eek! Don't worry it has no sugar pitt_shifty

Regret
Don't eat the cookie, you are allergic to it. eek! Hadn't thought of that. I made the assumption that I was given a cookie made with carab...

Don't worry, I have an epi-pen wink

Shakyamunison
Hadn't thought of that. I made the assumption that I was given a cookie made with carab...

Don't worry, I have an epi-pen wink

You got to be careful about what people give you over the Internet.

Regret
You got to be careful about what people give you over the Internet. laughing laughing laughing

FeceMan
You got to be careful about what people give you over the Internet.
Hentai inside > Satan inside.

debbiejo
If god exists why can't he make a square circle? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Alliance
because square circles are ugly and god only likes pretty things.

Bowser jr
how do u no god 'likes pretty things'
and how do we no that god existed ?????????

evil face smokin' beer devil rock

FeceMan
Originally posted by debbiejo
If god exists why can't he make a square circle? roll eyes (sarcastic)
Because...He can?

King Kandy
If god exists, howcome all existing lines are at some level inperfect?

How can God create the universe, if he can't even master geometry?

Charmed_Phoebe
Besides a square circle, can god become a man women?

Lord Urizen
Can God end himself ? Like totally delete himself from existance with no possibility of coming back ?

If God is truly onmipotent and infinite, how could he truly end himself ? Perhaps that is the one thing he CANNOT do.....

Rogue Jedi

what we do on this earth is up to us. free will. as far as cancer goes, life is full of trials and tribulations. there are alot of things that you could say "why is there this? why is there that?"
examples: aids, war, poverty, abortion, homelessness. its not a perfect world. it was at one point, til adam and eve messed it up.

debbiejo
If god is all powerful can he lie, cheat, or give all eternal life without strings?

Rogue Jedi
god doesnt lie or cheat. we achieve immortality when and if we reach heaven.

debbiejo
We are immortal all ready. The scare of hell was the invention of men.

Rogue Jedi
we are immortal already? i guess that is true from a certain point of view. when we die we go to heaven or hell and our soul rests there for all of eternity.

debbiejo
No, we all go back from where we came from as scripture says "The Spirit returns to god who gave it" Ecc. 12:7

Soul in the original langage only means life of the body. Hell, is not a place of torment, but a creation of the Holy Roman Church.

Dreampanther

Once there was a flood, and a man climbed onto the roof of his house, praying to his God to save him. A man on a horse, with his wife and babe, came past and said to the man: "Jump! I'll help you stay afloat!"

But the man wasn't a good swimmer, and he was afraid and refused, saying his God would save him. The water rose, and two swimmers, clinging to a branch came past, and said to the man: "Jump! We'll help you stay afloat!"

But the man refused, saying his God would save him. The water rose, and a crowded boat came past, and the people said to the man: "Jump! We'll help you stay afloat!"

But the man refused, saying his God would save him. The water rose, eventually covering the roof of the house, and the man, with no one to help him stay afloat, drowned.

Appearing before his God, he cried out: "Why? Why have You forsaken me, my God, in my hour of need, when I needed You most?"

And God replied, saying: "But My child, I sent you a man on a horse, two swimmers and a boat full of people - what else did you want Me to do?"

The moral of the story is:

God wants us to help ourselves.

Credit for the story goes to David Gemmell.

Lord Urizen
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
what we do on this earth is up to us. free will. as far as cancer goes, life is full of trials and tribulations. there are alot of things that you could say "why is there this? why is there that?"
examples: aids, war, poverty, abortion, homelessness. its not a perfect world. it was at one point, til adam and eve messed it up.

And we have to pay for it ? erm

FeceMan
And we have to pay for it ? erm
Yes, though you have--as usual--simplified things to the point of making God look like a "doodie head."

Alliance
Yes, though you have--as usual--simplified things to the point of making God look like a "doodie head."

Both sides are guilty of this, but I'd say religious groups tend to do this more.

FeceMan
Both sides are guilty of this, but I'd say religious groups tend to do this more.
I feel that simplification of issues in order to cast God's character in a poor light is probably not the work of Christian religioius groups.

(If you see what I did there, then you'll see the beginning of an Urizen post.)

Alliance
No, but the simplification of practically everything in order to create disproportional dichotomies and unrealistic representations of reality to promote a social and economic structure is very much the work of religious groups.

Other groups, including myself, do this, but its not to the same egregious magnitude of many religous groups.

Lord Urizen

The God to which you describe to me seems like a "doodie head"....I don't beleive in that deity. I don't beleive in a deity who craves blood, drowns people, and utilizes Hell...sorry

Mindship
...then what's the punchline?

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Mindship
...then what's the punchline?

You exist.

I know it doesn't sound funny, but from God's point of view, it's hilarious.

Mindship
You exist.
I know it doesn't sound funny, but from God's point of view, it's hilarious. I exist, as an act of incomprehensible joy and boundless love...

confused1

...you're right. I still don't get it, goddammit.

Shakyamunison
I exist, as an act of incomprehensible joy and boundless love...

confused1

...you're right. I still don't get it, goddammit.

I get it, but I don't think I could explain it to you.

Mindship
I get it, but I don't think I could explain it to you. Indeed, it is ineffable. Perhaps if I just stared into your eye eek I could glean the gist...

...but stop blinking, dammit. That throws me off, and I have to start all over...

Shakyamunison
Indeed, it is ineffable. Perhaps if I just stared into your eye eek I could glean the gist...

...but stop blinking, dammit. That throws me off, and I have to start all over...

But your so damn ugly, it makes me wince. laughing out loud

By Crom!

What is next weeks winning lottery ticket?

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by By Crom!
What is next weeks winning lottery ticket?

where'd you get that quote from?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.