John Kerry implies soldiers are all idiots.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

KidRock
http://youtube.com/watch?v=vLuMWiQ6r2o

Way to go Kerry! Apparently he tried to make a crack at Bush then made himself look stupid..again..

Fishy
I love that guy... What an idiot for saying that.

True though

PVS
kerry is a frikin idiot (and skull n bones...where's deano?)
of course every neocon is in the state of perpetual ejaculation over this since
they finally have something to harp on.

FeceMan
This shall not end well.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by KidRock

Way to go Kerry! Apparently he tried to make a crack at Bush then made himself look stupid..again..

Kerry made a stupid mistake, and now he will pay for it.

sithsaber408
No, Kerry made a stupid mistake and now the Dems will pay for it.

evil face

Besides if all soldiers are stupid, that would include his swift-boat, ball dropping ass! stick out tongue

KidRock
Originally posted by sithsaber408
No, Kerry made a stupid mistake and now the Dems will pay for it.

evil face

Besides if all sodliers are stupid, that would include his swift-boat, ball dropping ass! stick out tongue

That's just kerry dancing.

PVS
what going to disturb you more is how it will effect the outcome of the elections

it wont

Mr. Sandman
Originally posted by PVS
what going to disturb you more is how it will effect the outcome of the elections

it wont

exactly. because ever since Kerry lost the election he is nothing now. noone cares about his stupid ass. he's yesterday's news.

Capt_Fantastic
You guys got "all soldiers are idots" from that comment? All I got from it was an expression of the abuse of the military by this administration.

Impediment
**** Kerry, is all I can say.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Capt_Fantastic
You guys got "all soldiers are idots" from that comment? All I got from it was an expression of the abuse of the military by this administration.

How did you get that? laughing Now if he had said it like it was written, then that would have been the meaning. But he screwed it up.

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
How did you get that? laughing Now if he had said it like it was written, then that would have been the meaning. But he screwed it up.

Perhaps I've missed an aspect of the story. But by saying that students who don't get good grades risk ending up in Iraq isn't calling them idiots. He's saying that so many students who fail to succeed in school get less help for college and end up falling for the "we'll pay for your college education" line used by army recruiters. So, if you look at what he said, he was more insulting poor kids than he was soldiers. And even then it wasn't an insult, it's the truth.

sithsaber408
Well for the sake of technicality this is what he said:

"You know, education, if you make the most of it, you study hard, you do your homework and you make an effort to be smart, you can do well. If you don't, you get stuck in Iraq."

Or.....

The soldiers in our military are the ones who sucked at school.

Mr. Sandman

That's not far from the truth. The only people who I knew from my high school class who went to the army had shitty grades.

Capt_Fantastic

"You know, education, if you make the most of it, you study hard, you do your homework and you make an effort to be smart, you can do well. If you don't, you get stuck in Iraq."

Or.....

Okay. I've not seen the specific quote. I was out the door early today and I didn't hear the exact quote, and it's still early yet so I'm sure I'll see it on the news tonight. In fact, I'm sure that FOX news will talk about it non-stop. But, yeah, that does sound bad.

Bardock42

Or.....

So what. Isn't it true to some extent.

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by Bardock42
So what. Isn't it true to some extent.

It is true to an extent. But someone like Kerry should know when it's time to just know something and when to actually say something outloud.

Bardock42
It is true to an extent. But someone like Kerry should know when it's time to just know something and when to actually say something outloud.

Well, I think that is bullshit. I see that it is made that way in politics today. But I find it iditotic. I think the truth should be said regardless of who will feel insulted. he is right. It ridiculous, people assume that politicans have to stick to some standard of speaking and what not to be said. Why?

Robtard

Well, I agree, he did not intend it that way but it was a stupid thing to say being who he is. Now the Right will kneejerk and run as far as they can with it.

Capt_Fantastic
Well, I think that is bullshit. I see that it is made that way in politics today. But I find it iditotic. I think the truth should be said regardless of who will feel insulted. he is right. It ridiculous, people assume that politicans have to stick to some standard of speaking and what not to be said. Why?

I don't disagree with you. As to "why?", that's a result of political correctness and mass media. When the whole world can hear what you say, moments after you've said it, you have to consider the listening audience. Really bright people, capable of understand the intricacies of what you're saying coupled with the not-so-bright who only hear words and take them at face value.

Much like yourself, I appreciate the honesty version of talking to teh public. That way you can't prey upon the strict partisan nature of US politics.

PVS
Originally posted by Robtard
Well, I agree, he did not intend it that way but it was a stupid thing to say being who he is. Now the Right will kneejerk and run as far as they can with it.

its funny to watch. take http://www.drudgereport.com/ for example.

its like watching some idiot try to take off by flapping two feathers. pathetic yet fun to watch. the general message:

ZOMG!!1111 DISHONERRIN SOLJERS!!!!!!!!!

Strangelove
He was intending to make fun of Bush, but he messed it up. Boo hoo. Who cares. Like John McCain said: "If it's a botched joke, apologize and move on." That's what we all should do.

Minus the apologizing of course, because we didn't do shit

sithsaber408
I don't care about Kerry, but for Cap, Bardock, and Mr. Sandman saying that most soldiers were the shitheads in school is wrong.

I have 3 friends over there, all of them who were in college here and doing well before 9/11.

I'm not disputing that many drop-outs or low performers enlist to achieve training, direction, etc....

but you also have to consider how many bright, efficient people are in our military, its leadership, its logistics and communication (one of my friends is a computer systems anaylist), and its special forces.

It's at least half and half, and pretty ignorant of anybody (least of all senor Swift-boat) to say that our armed forces are made up of those who failed at school.

Strangelove
It's at least half and half, and pretty ignorant of anybody (least of all senor Swift-boat) to say that our armed forces are made up of those who failed at school. But that's not what he said, nor is he implying that roll eyes (sarcastic) John Kerry is a Yale-educated Vietnam War veteran. He is one of the least likely people to make fun of troops intentionally, least of all for their intelligence. He made a mistake when he was trying to insult President Bush. I would have used different wording to make it more obvious that it was a joke, but hey, I'm funnier than John Kerry. Who isn't? erm

PVS
saying that "gullible people are suckered into the military" (a sad truth) is not the same as "the military is full of gullible people who were suckered" (which nobody ever implied)

to keep parroting such a logical fallacy seems to be the right's only strategy at this time. if thats all they have to go on, then im going to be a happy man on election day

Strangelove
Originally posted by PVS
saying that "gullible people are suckered into the military" (a sad truth) is not the same as "the military is full of gullible people who were suckered" (which nobody ever implied)

to keep parroting such a logical fallacy seems to be the right's only strategy at this time. if thats all they have to go on, then im going to be a happy man on election day Amen to that thumbsup

sithsaber408
Originally posted by Strangelove
But that's not what he said, nor is he implying that roll eyes (sarcastic) John Kerry is a Yale-educated Vietnam War veteran. He is one of the least likely people to make fun of troops intentionally, least of all for their intelligence. He made a mistake when he was trying to insult President Bush. I would have used different wording to make it more obvious that it was a joke, but hey, I'm funnier than John Kerry. Who isn't? erm

Look at the post again, I was talking to Bardock, Cap, and Mr. Sandman who were saying that all the dumbasses are in the army.Originally posted by PVS

to keep parroting such a logical fallacy seems to be the right's only strategy at this time. if thats all they have to go on, then im going to be a happy man on election day

Right, like all of the gullible fools who joined the military in WWII?

Or gullible fools like Colin Powell?

The military is full of brave men and women who risk, and sometimes give their lives for our freedom.

Whether they be geniuses, average, or slow, we owe them nothing but respect.

Campaign on the war, or a problem with the president if you like, but your asking for it if you say anything negative about an American soldier, be it a joke, or an observation (like you're doing) or whatever.

Nobody on the right has anything to worry about on election day, save for assassination attempts from those like you who will somehow wonder how in the hell the "values voters" beat you again.

cool

edit: take Cap's name off the list then, since he says that many educated, smart people are in the military.

Capt_Fantastic
I'm not disputing that many drop-outs or low performers enlist to achieve training, direction, etc....

And that is all I was saying.

Now, you posted the specific quote and I admitted that it sounded worse than what I'd heard about the story thus far. But that doesn't change the fact that so many people fall prey to the temptation of joining the military to get money for school because of their economic situation. That's one aspect of his comment.

And don't preach to me about friends in the service. There were at least 10 members of my graduating class that have served, are serving or could serve in Iraq. And that was from a class of 78 people. I went to a school that most would consider "privileged". A private catholic school where most parents made enough money to pay for their children to go when the option of public school was not only there, but being paid for anyway through taxes. I have one friend that finished his degree in photography before he enlisted in the navy. I also have a cousin that is in Iraq now.

Now, as you said, there are too many people joining the military because they have no other way of paying for college. And they're dying in Iraq for the wrong reasons. Someone like KidRock might say they likely get what they signed up for, and that it isn't the responsability of the American taxpayer to fund their education, especially considering they get special treatment due to affirmative action. But you guys can't have it both ways.

PVS

The military is full of brave men and women who risk, and sometimes give their lives for our freedom.

Campaign on the war, or a problem with the president if you like, but your asking for it if you say anything negative about an American soldier, be it a joke, or an observation (like you're doing) or whatever.

Nobody on the right has anything to worry about on election day, save for assassination attempts from those like you who will somehow wonder how in the hell the "values voters" beat you again.

cool

you're being deliberate. either that or you're just too idiotic to read properly. so im kinda hoping you're just being deliberate, for your own sake.

Mr. Sandman
Look at the post again, I was talking to Bardock, Cap, and Mr. Sandman who were saying that all the dumbasses are in the army.

All? Where did I say that? I said it wasn't far from the truth. Which you also backed up by saying it was at least half and half.

C'mon, if you're going to call someone out, at least understand what they're saying.

PVS
ok, lets simplify it for the special members of kmc.

all potatoes are vegetables

all vegetables are not necessarily potatoes.

GET IT? eek!

reading is fundamental, and so is basic logic

sithsaber408
And so is respect for our soldiers.

In an election year, making any statement about vegetables where you even mention potatoes is stupid.

And not really true anyway.

GET IT? eek!

PVS
And so is respect for our soldiers.

In an election year, making any statement about vegetables where you even mention potatoes is stupid.

And not really true anyway.

GET IT? eek!

seriously, are you joking? please tell me you are because if not you're a complete idiot.

Robtard
Originally posted by PVS
its funny to watch. take http://www.drudgereport.com/ for example.

its like watching some idiot try to take off by flapping two feathers. pathetic yet fun to watch. the general message:

ZOMG!!1111 DISHONERRIN SOLJERS!!!!!!!!!

Yup... All Kerry did was feed the TROLLS a meatloaf sandwich.

sithsaber408
Originally posted by PVS
seriously, are you joking? please tell me you are because if not you're a complete idiot.

No, I'm not joking!

While I'll admit that there are a few dim bulbs who end up in the army because they don't know of anything else to do, most of the navy, and certainly the air force (along with communications, logistics, special forces, leadership, and many ground level soldiers in the army) are well-trained, intelligent, competent people who joined the military to protect our country or to learn greater skills and make a career.

You or I can talk about the dim-watts that turn that way, and we'd be right saying "some" or "a few", not "most of" or "it isn't far from the truth" or "half" or anything like that.

A politician is a fool to even suggest that much in an election year.

As I said, Kerry was just being dumb, I don't think he meant to imply that all the liberal college kids should rise up and vote for Dems. and study hard in school or else they'll get shipped off to Iraq like the other dummies.

PVS
You or I can talk about the dim-watts that turn that way, and we'd be right saying "some" or "a few", not "most of" or "it isn't far from the truth" or "half" or anything like that.

i never implied any percentage and certainly not all, in fact went out of my way to express that distinction. read my post again. why are you putting words in my mouth? were you perhaps mistaken or are you deliberately trolling? which is it, because its certainly one of the two...

dirkdirden
Come on guys we all know that Americans hate the truth and the truth will always get them upset.

So this is what J.Kerry should have said.

Everyone who joins the military is really smart; they are people who turn down college scholarships to fight against evil doers to protect the freedom that God has blessed America with. God bless Americans only.

Then he would have gotten a loud mindless retarded cheer of approval.

sithsaber408
Or three:

It was a general comment for the larger group of posters in the thread.

edit:

@dirkdirden:

That's cute, welcome to the boards.

Also, you may want to change the word "board" in your biography to "bored".

PVS
you addressed it to me. you quoted me and replied by saying that i was putting all troops down, or most, or half, or whatever.
Look at the post again, I was talking to Bardock, Cap, and Mr. Sandman who were saying that all the dumbasses are in the army.

all i implied is what you agreed with. now judging how sensative you are on the issue of not being viewed as anti-american troops, maybe you can be a shining example for stubborn poiliticians and apologise for such and ugly accusation, lie and insult

sithsaber408
ZING!

You win, I misread.

Touche to you.

Vote Republican.

FeceMan
Originally posted by Robtard
Almost like what happened when President Bush used the phrase "Islamic fascists," amirite?

Capt_Fantastic
You or I can talk about the dim-watts that turn that way, and we'd be right saying "some" or "a few", not "most of"

"some" or "a few" seems to contrast your earlier statement of :

But my point is that Kerry saying that getting bad grades is no less an insult than it is an abuse of teh military commited by this administration, who have used backdoor drafts to keep soldiers there long after their term is up or pushing for military recruiters to mine inner city schools for cannon-fodder. If you want to get flustered over an insulting comment, then I'd expect you to get that worked up over insulting treatment. Keep dropping the minimum requirements to enlist and you'll get more and more people joining like the ones to which Kerry was referring.

dirkdirden
Or three:

It was a general comment for the larger group of posters in the thread.

edit:

@dirkdirden:

That's cute, welcome to the boards.

Also, you may want to change the word "board" in your biography to "bored".

thank you for the Welcome, If I changed it people wouldn't be able to ask me to change it from board to bored and I wouldn't want that.

Don't vote becuase it's fixed anyways.

Raven Guardia
in my opinion this is all really getting out of hand, the media is acting as if Kerry slit a soldiers throat and laughed about it. He stated his opinion, and most people took it the wrong way. If he wants to apologize then I believe it should only be to the soldiers and their families he may have offend. But he certainly does not owe any apology to Bush or the Bush administration. I honestly don't think he was actually calling the soldiers stupid. More like saying, Know whats going on for real. Or else you will buy into Bush's bullshit and end up fighting in this war. And even if Kerry meant it any other way I don't see how it can be any worse compared to the crap Bush as been feeding the American Public. If anything Kerry was being straight forward.

Now its time for the lot of you to disagree with me and Bash me like every time I state an opinion

Strangelove
ZING!

You win, I misread.

Touche to you.

Vote Republican. get bent, neocon

FeceMan
Originally posted by Raven Guardia
in my opinion this is all really getting out of hand, the media is acting as if Kerry slit a soldiers throat and laughed about it. He stated his opinion, and most people took it the wrong way. If he wants to apologize then I believe it should only be to the soldiers and their families he may have offend. But he certainly does not owe any apology to Bush or the Bush administration. I honestly don't think he was actually calling the soldiers stupid. More like saying, Know whats going on for real. Or else you will buy into Bush's bullshit and end up fighting in this war. And even if Kerry meant it any other way I don't see how it can be any worse compared to the crap Bush as been feeding the American Public. If anything Kerry was being straight forward.

Now its time for the lot of you to disagree with me and Bash me like every time I state an opinion
You aren't real.

PVS
Originally posted by Raven Guardia
the media is acting as if Kerry slit a soldiers throat and laughed about it.

oh dont be so melodramatic....after all fox regretfully doesnt have nearly enough time to spin it into that before election day.

Kinneary
Despite what some may think, we in the military aren't a bunch of idiots. Recruits who join the military are more likely to have a high school diploma than another kid their age, and they are usually from the middle class, ie they can afford to go to college.

Don't think just because we're military we're stupid.

KidRock
Originally posted by PVS
oh dont be so melodramatic....after all fox regretfully doesnt have nearly enough time to spin it into that before election day.

zomg not more of teh paranoid "republicans last minute election ploy is coming!!!!" dribble.

Lord Urizen
zomg not more of teh paranoid "republicans last minute election ploy is coming!!!!" dribble.

Shut up

sithsaber408
Originally posted by Kinneary
Despite what some may think, we in the military aren't a bunch of idiots. Recruits who join the military are more likely to have a high school diploma than another kid their age, and they are usually from the middle class, ie they can afford to go to college.

Rock on Sir!

I salute you!

usaflag

Vote Republican.

Lord Urizen

I happen to think Military Men are Sexy....not stupid

SIR YES SIR ! droolio

BackFire
Why are people equating not doing good in school to being stupid. They aren't one in the same. He's talking purely about education, not the intelligence of the soldiers.

And he's right, it's nice to see a politician being blunt and honest about something. Many of the soldiers aren't well educated and can't afford college, which is why they are in the military to begin with, in hopes of finding direction for their life.

Lord Urizen
Originally posted by BackFire
Why are people equating not doing good in school to being stupid. They aren't one in the same. He's talking purely about education, not the intelligence of the soldiers.

Exactly !

Bush graduated from Harvard, but he's still an idiot !

dirkdirden

Even you have to admit that there are some dumb ass people in the military. I'm not saying all of them are dumb but they just recently decrees the requirements to get into the military so even dumber people could join.

FeceMan
Originally posted by FeceMan
Almost like what happened when President Bush used the phrase "Islamic fascists," amirite?

Kinneary
Originally posted by dirkdirden
Even you have to admit that there are some dumb ass people in the military. I'm not saying all of them are dumb but they just recently decrees the requirements to get into the military so even dumber people could join.
There are dumbasses in the military. There are smart people in the military. The point is, the military isn't made up of stupid people or insanely smart people. We're just PEOPLE.

Quiero Mota

Exactly. I don't think all the tens of thousands of men who enlisted on Dec. 8th 1941 were a bunch of "gullible fools".

Capt_Fantastic

No one said you were. Much like Sithsabre, I invite you to comment on my earlier point:

If you want to get flustered over an insulting comment, then I'd expect you to get that worked up over insulting treatment.

Now, I understand that you're in Japan and how that's different from being stationed in Iraq. But you don't think backdoor drafts and dropping the requirements to join or sending troops into battle with inadequate supplies, support or equipment is an even greater insult to our troops? I'm not denying that it was a stupid thing to say. I'm saying that you shouldn't get so worked up over a comment when the actions of the current administration do more to insult those men and women who want to serve for the noble reasons you guys seem to think every serviceman joined to express.

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
Exactly. I don't think all the tens of thousands of men who enlisted on Dec. 8th 1941 were a bunch of "gullible fools".

don't muddy the waters with that kind of talk.

dirkdirden
There are dumbasses in the military. There are smart people in the military. The point is, the military isn't made up of stupid people or insanely smart people. We're just PEOPLE.

True

Kinneary
Now, I understand that you're in Japan and how that's different from being stationed in Iraq. But you don't think backdoor drafts and dropping the requirements to join or sending troops into battle with inadequate supplies, support or equipment is an even greater insult to our troops? I'm not denying that it was a stupid thing to say. I'm saying that you shouldn't get so worked up over a comment when the actions of the current administration do more to insult those men and women who want to serve for the noble reasons you guys seem to think every serviceman joined to express.
The military needs more people so the requirements were lowered. I really don't see the problem with that at all. When the requirements to join are lowered that doesn't mean we end up with idiots running our nuclear subs. Your score on the ASVAB and your military bearing are going to decide what you end up doing. Just because you can join doesn't mean you can do any job you want. There are still certain requirements to do any particular job.

As far as supplies go, I'd like to see ANY war that took place in ideal conditions. Supplies are always short, we never have what we want, and there's always something newer and better. You can't tell us that you want us to have adequate body armor and weapons and then turn around and complain because the war budget keeps increasing. We catch that doubletalk, don't worry.

The point is, don't think we're stupid and don't rally behind us just because it's cool or to prove a point. Honestly, we'd be perfectly happy if people just left us alone to do our job and go home. People in the military are just like everyone else for the most part.

Just, you know, there are less fat people.

sithsaber408
The military needs more people so the requirements were lowered. I really don't see the problem with that at all. When the requirements to join are lowered that doesn't mean we end up with idiots running our nuclear subs. Your score on the ASVAB and your military bearing are going to decide what you end up doing. Just because you can join doesn't mean you can do any job you want. There are still certain requirements to do any particular job.

As far as supplies go, I'd like to see ANY war that took place in ideal conditions. Supplies are always short, we never have what we want, and there's always something newer and better. You can't tell us that you want us to have adequate body armor and weapons and then turn around and complain because the war budget keeps increasing. We catch that doubletalk, don't worry.

The point is, don't think we're stupid and don't rally behind us just because it's cool or to prove a point. Honestly, we'd be perfectly happy if people just left us alone to do our job and go home. People in the military are just like everyone else for the most part.

thumb up

You've got my support, sir.

100%

gunsmilie

Vote Republican.

Capt_Fantastic
thumb up

You've got my support, sir.

100%

Then attempt to put your thoughts into words yourself.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by PVS
kerry is a frikin idiot (and skull n bones...where's deano?)
of course every neocon is in the state of perpetual ejaculation over this since
they finally have something to harp on.

Thats why I would not be anymore thrilled with Kerry as president than I am about Bush being president.He's just as corrupted as well.Like you said,he is a member of Skull and Bones just like Bush and like Clinton,would be a horrible choice to represent the democrat party but I am afraid thats who we are going to be stuck with in the next election.

Capt_Fantastic

Okay. I can follow your line of thought. But who are these lowered requirements targeting? If most people who join the military are coming from middle class families who have high school diplomas, then why is there a need to lower the requirements? My high school administered the ASVAB test. I got a call one weekend morning and the guy said I'd done very well on the test and offered to pay for my education and that he thought I would make an excellent Marine commander. I declined and asked him not to call again. That was my choice. As I pointed out earlier, many people in my class did not decline. I'm not saying they were stupid for having done so, I'm just saying that lowered requirements aren't aimed at the middle class kids who have already graduated from high school and can afford college. They're aimed at the poor kids who don't do as well in school and have no other options for higher education.

The reason you've never seen a war that took place under ideal circumstances is because war is never an idea situation. At least not for the people on the ground. As for my idea of military spending, you don't seem to know my position very well. I support a large military with adequate funding. In fact, I support a much larger budget. But I'm also not the type to think that military action is the first and best option. And since you point out the increase in military budget, I'd like to know why the military was dropped into a situation where they were grossly underequiped? If there was crystal clear intelligence about Iraq's weapons program, then surely the intel on the ground situation was at least good enough to know what they were going to be facing when they got there. And beyond that, an increase in military spending doesn't imply that money was spent on the supplies enjoyed by the men on the ground.

"Don't rally behind us just because it's cool." Okay. I don't do that, but I get what you're saying. Sithsabre might not get it, but I do. And I've said many times in this thread already that I don't think all members of the military are idiots. I illustrated that from the first page on. Doing your job and going home is great. I'm sure you have an idea of when you'll be leaving Japan or moving on to your next assignment. The guys in Iraq thought that way too. The difference is that they're being kept there long past their expected commitment to the job. My cousin thought he'd be home in time to see his daughter born. As it is, he still hasn't seen her several months after she was born.

You can approach me like I'm the enemy. But I'm arguing for you guys in the military to get what you deserve and expect....what you were promised when you joined. And more importantly that the situation is explained to you realistically. And when I point out that the guys in Iraq are being mistreated and your outrage over that situation should be at the very least equal to your reaction to a stupid comment by Kerry, you tell me I'm calling you dumb.

sithsaber408
Then attempt to put your thoughts into words yourself.

I did that plenty over the last few pages, you even responded to them.
You know my thoughts on the subject.Originally posted by Mr Parker
Thats why I would not be anymore thrilled with Kerry as president than I am about Bush being president.He's just as corrupted as well.Like you said,he is a member of Skull and Bones just like Bush and like Clinton,would be a horrible choice to represent the democrat party but I am afraid thats who we are going to be stuck with in the next election.

No way Kerry'll run again.

It'll either be Hillary or Obama.

RocasAtoll
Obama isn't. He says he'll go through with his senate term.

God damnit, we get Hilary instead. Is McCain running for the Republicans?

sithsaber408
Originally posted by RocasAtoll
Obama isn't. He says he'll go through with his senate term.

God damnit, we get Hilary instead. Is McCain running for the Republicans?

Probably, though I'd personally like to see Rudolph Gulianni.

Mr Parker
Hmmm,whos Obama? god please not another Clinton in office,that would be disastourous and would be even worse than Kerry being president. mad

RocasAtoll
Probably, though I'd personally like to see Rudolph Gulianni.

Eh. Either would be better than Hilary. But, in my opinion, McCain would do the better job.

Capt_Fantastic
I did that plenty over the last few pages, you even responded to them.
You know my thoughts on the subject.

You've explained why Kerry's stupid comment is worse than the practical abuse of military resources being commited by Bush? And you've explained why a stupid comment is as bad or worse than stupid actions? You've explained why back door drafts aren't worth getting worked up about? You've explained why inadequate equipment and supplies are no big deal? You've explained how enlistment requirements being lowered aren't targeting low income kids?

Raven Guardia
republicans should know all about Paranoia.

Mr Parker
Mccain would be horrible as well.That guy is so corrupted.He at one time had power as senator when people were begging him to take action to bring home POW'S of vietnam and he ignored the peoples wishes and did nothing to try and bring them home.He would be no good either.

sithsaber408
Originally posted by Mr Parker
Mccain would be horrible as well.That guy is so corrupted.He at one time had power as senator when people were begging him to take action to bring home POW'S of vietnam and he ignored the peoples wishes and did nothing to try and bring them home.He would be no good either.

In my wildest dreams it'd be Arnold Schwarzenegger! big grin

Hold on, now don't laugh.

Imagine Arnold VS Hillary! eek!

When Arnold was first elected there was talk of a bill to amend the constitution so that an immagrant who had been a citizen for 20 years or more could be elected president.

Imagine if it passed!

Arnold will almost certainly win as govennor again in my state next week (I'll personally be voting him in), and he's done well here, balancing out the budget without raising taxes.

Bill Clinton was a govennor who skipped the house and Senate and went straght to president, so was George W. Bush.

Hell, Ronald Reagan was an actor , then govennor of California, then President.

It could happen.

I was actually inspired by Arnold's speech from the 2004 Republican National Convention, and by his ability to give a rousing speech to a crowd.

Here's an excerpt:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6SRvRpfOZ8

Have a look at that, its not too long, and tell me that he wouldn't be just as good as Bush?

Or that him v.s Hillary wouldn't kick all kinds of ass?

PVS
reagan had a squeaky clean background.
arnold has been a widely renowned misogynist, whore, and druggie. plus he's not a native citizen. keep dreaming.

sithsaber408
Originally posted by PVS
reagan had a squeaky clean background.
arnold has been a widely renowned misogynist, whore, and druggie. plus he's not a native citizen. keep dreaming.

Clinton was all of those things except he was born here. wink

Shalimar_fox
he's not saying they are stupid,he's just saying the gov cares more about people with high ED then people with an low ED.he was just telling the truth,if you was an king or queen would you rather send you brightess to war when they could make some new weapon or would you rather send them.

Kinneary
Lowered requirements are targetting kids who didn't do as well on the ASVAB or in school. That's not a question. But when we're not getting the number of people we need in the military, what else do you expect? And it's not just that we're not getting the numbers we need, it's the fact that a lot of people are getting out. Reenlistment bonuses have SKYROCKETED. But really, what's the problem with it?

Okay then, I'll change my quote to: They can't tell us that they want us to have adequate body armor and weapons and then turn around and complain because the war budget keeps increasing.

The point is still there.

Actually no. I know when I'm supposed to leave Japan. But as a corpsman, we're getting pulled left and right to go to Iraq, Afghan and Kuwait. In my clinic alone we have 2 people stationed here who are now in Iraq because they needed more corpsmen over there. I've got four more who just got back from tours over there even though they're stationed here. Being stationed in one particular place doesn't mean anything, because at any moment we can be pulled to go fight in the war. There are those who KNOW they're going for sure, and then there's the rest of us who are just walking around and then get tapped on the shoulder with the message "Pack your seabag, you're flying to Kuwait on Saturday."

The problems I have with what's going on in Iraq and Afghan aren't really pertinent to a discussion about me being told that I'm only in the military because I couldn't get into college.

Shalimar_fox
~Lowered requirements are targetting kids who didn't do as well on the ASVAB or in school. That's not a question. But when we're not getting the number of people we need in the military, what else do you expect? And it's not just that we're not getting the numbers we need, it's the fact that a lot of people are getting out. Reenlistment bonuses have SKYROCKETED. But really, what's the problem with it?
~

who can blame them for getting out,thats one war that we never should have got into.

Capt_Fantastic
And it's not just that we're not getting the numbers we need, it's the fact that a lot of people are getting out. Reenlistment bonuses have SKYROCKETED.

And why would they be leaving in the huge numbers they are, despite the money issue? Is it the hardcore career servicemen, or is it the newer members that only joined to pay for college, or both? If it's both, it might be because they're participating in something with which they don't agree.

Okay then, I'll change my quote to: They can't tell us that they want us to have adequate body armor and weapons and then turn around and complain because the war budget keeps increasing.

The point is still there.

And what was that point? That you can't have it both ways? Sure, you can't dump tons of money into the military industrial complex and honestly expect it to trickle down into better equipment for the men on the ground. So, my point remains as well. Upping the military budget doesn't mean that they're upping the quality of supplies used by the men on the ground. Both sides of the aisle are guilty of this. There's only one side that's been in control since this war started, and you're telling me that the supplies haven't gotten any better despite the budget going up? Hummmm...makes you wonder what special interest they're really serving. Because being as it is, it doesn't seem to be your best interest they're serving. On top of that, they're telling you guys in the military, and us back home, that this war has a visible finish line. You think maybe that budget increase has something to do with all the long-term military facilities being built in Iraq? An embassy complex the size of 80 football fields, complete with a Starbucks and BurgerKing? Yeah, it sounds like they're trying really hard to get you guys home and out of harms way.

Actually no. I know when I'm supposed to leave Japan. But as a corpsman, we're getting pulled left and right to go to Iraq, Afghan and Kuwait. In my clinic alone we have 2 people stationed here who are now in Iraq because they needed more corpsmen over there. I've got four more who just got back from tours over there even though they're stationed here. Being stationed in one particular place doesn't mean anything, because at any moment we can be pulled to go fight in the war. There are those who KNOW they're going for sure, and then there's the rest of us who are just walking around and then get tapped on the shoulder with the message "Pack your seabag, you're flying to Kuwait on Saturday."

A moments notice is your job. The possiblity of going to Iraq isn't what I'm talking about. It's going home that is my point. Knowing you signed up for x amount of time and actually being made to serve more. And beyond that, I've heard many public figures, democrat and republican, politician and celebrity, talk about how so many guys are re-enlisting out of loyalty to the guys that are still in Iraq.

The problems I have with what's going on in Iraq and Afghan aren't really pertinent to a discussion about me being told that I'm only in the military because I couldn't get into college.

Where did I say you were in the military because you couldn't get into college? In fact I mentioned many examples of my own friends who joined despite having already been to college or their families abililty to pay for them to go. John Kerry may have screwed up and said if you weren't smart you'd end up in Iraq, but I've been talking about the kids who can't pay for college. Not kids who couldn't get in to college. A lot of poor youth have busted their asses in school, buying into teh idea of the American dream. They sign up for service because they can't pay for college.

xmarksthespot
Those poor youths should really consider higher education beyond the U.S.
Tuition is usually cheaper in many places, even moreso considering the higher valued USD to some other currencies, you'd get to see another part of the world and experience another culture, meet new people etc.

Ya Krunk'd Floo

Damn! If only Bush said stupid things...

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Ya Krunk'd Floo
Damn! If only Bush said stupid things...

So are you excusing one bad behavior by pointing to another bad behavior?

Strangelove
So are you excusing one bad behavior by pointing to another bad behavior? It's not about excusing John Kerry's behavior, it's pointing out that Pres. Bush has said many more offensive, insensitive, callous remarks. And they were probably on purpose, unlike this instance.

botankus
What about the dude who misspelled potato? As someone who is an advocate of people actually taking the time to spell sh*t right, I was offended!!

p.s. In other words, PVS's sig can go to hell. There IS no giant killer whale if you spell everything right.

Shakyamunison
It's not about excusing John Kerry's behavior, it's pointing out that Pres. Bush has said many more offensive, insensitive, callous remarks. And they were probably on purpose, unlike this instance.

That would fit under what I was saying. Excusing one bad behavior by pointing to another bad behavior is just wrong.

PVS
That would fit under what I was saying. Excusing one bad behavior by pointing to another bad behavior is just wrong.

i agree wholeheartedly. now let us move this discussion to the military prison torture thread.

Strangelove
That would fit under what I was saying. Excusing one bad behavior by pointing to another bad behavior is just wrong. I'm not excusing what he said by accusing someone else of the same thing, I'm excusing him because he didn't do it on purpose, nor would he.

Shakyamunison
I'm not excusing what he said by accusing someone else of the same thing, I'm excusing him because he didn't do it on purpose, nor would he.

So, Kerry is ok because Bush did things wrong on purpose? roll eyes (sarcastic)

I know it was an accident, but his apology was week and that is what I have a problem with.

Strangelove
So, Kerry is ok because Bush did things wrong on purpose? roll eyes (sarcastic)

I know it was an accident, but his apology was week and that is what I have a problem with. Would you drop Bush for a second? I am not excusing Kerry because of Bush. I'm excusing him because he didn't do it on purpose.

The fact that Bush says things like this all the time isn't part of the equation in me excusing him.

PVS
kerry just needs to apologise to our troops regardless of this apparent misunderstanding, and at the same time tell the sandy-vaginal neocons to shove it and quit pretending to be offended when in actuality they are jacking off over the opportunity to reclaim the moral high ground for a day or two.

Strangelove
Originally posted by PVS
kerry just needs to apologise to our troops regardless of this apparent misunderstanding, and at the same time tell the sandy-vaginal neocons to shove it and quit pretending to be offended when in actuality they are jacking off over the opportunity to reclaim the moral high ground for a day or two. agreed noneyes

sithsaber408
Are you two getting nervous?

stick out tongue

PVS
no, i think its right for him to apologise to our troops and only our troops. as opposed to people who pretend to be offended by a comment they in fact welcome.

this has nothing to do with an election...which btw it wont effect at all and at least one branch of government will be rid of the neocon scum rubber stamper majority, i promise you.

it just has to do with whats right.

Kayne Archeron
should've just gone with the simple "stfu bush"

wait... then feminists would get offended

Capt_Fantastic
Are you two getting nervous?

stick out tongue

The early numbers are in dear. you've lost.

sithsaber408
BAH!

Numbers that don't mean crap.

Numbers that by and large don't even ask people like me who we will vote for.

I'm not saying that the GOP win and Dems loose, but I am saying that all of the "polls" are done amongst 2,000 or 3,000 people, and at varying times and places that make it so they aren't an accurate reflection of what people in the country as a whole are thinking.

You may win this round (though I can tell you that the conservative Christians aren't losing without a fight), but that just makes it a more fertile landscape for conservative unrest to........

You know what, we're having this discussion in the "November Elections" thread, let's finish in there.

(I've said my piece about Kerry anyways.)

Vote Republican.

Capt_Fantastic
I think it's funny how all the Dems are getting so heated about these elections.

Vote Republican.

Alliance
You may win this round (though I can tell you that the conservative Christians aren't losing without a fight), but that just makes it a more fertile landscape for conservative unrest to........

Yes, next election we'll have the GODS ARMY party to make sure that anyone who isn't Christian has to submit to thier policies.

King Kandy
What he meant was if you are so uneducated that you vote republican, it will get the U.S. stuck in Iraq....

It was badly worded. He should have said "We" get stuck in Iraq, rather then "You" get stuck in Iraq.

Alliance
Basically he effed up and the persued the wrong solution...which he has been know to do.

This is a really stupid topic to be discussing when CANDIDATES are actually being elected and not one failed Senator.

Capt_Fantastic

that's bullshit. No one is saying that two wrongs make a right. But people talking about how Kerry thinks servicemen are all idiots is hardly an issue when Bush treats them like idiots. How can people on the right get so worked up about a comment when actions speak louder than words?

Alliance
Bush couldn't give a shit about soldiers. He cares about the defense INDUSTRY.

Some of us take the side of the soldiers in this war.

usagi_yojimbo

He..he..he. And? Tis nothing but a joke. So what. I don't see any major ramifications coming about from this. What he stated actually had a ring of truth to it -- I would not of course call all lower ranking soldiers "idiots", but at the very most I would call many ignorant(particularly ignorant to what's going on around them), and at the very least -- I would call them grossly misinformed.

Higher ranking military officers are not attempting to actively recruit the intelligent -- they often are actively seeking the weak, vulnerable, and uneducated - who possess less intellectual ability to question what they only perceive to be their absolute authourity.

Sadly many young, ignorant and impressionable have died in Iraq - and if they had been better educated - they might have been less inclined to follow the foolish whims of their superiors, which brought about their eventual purposeless demise.("purposeless" in a moral-spiritual sense, as many know one of the predominant "purposes" for this war was that of generating oil revenue..)

And before anyone throws out accusations, I don't affiliate myself with liberals, conservatives or any other foolish politicol ideologies.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
So are you excusing one bad behavior by pointing to another bad behavior?

Au contraire, I was merely reinforcing the debate by balancing it with a comparison.

Kinneary
Originally posted by usagi_yojimbo
He..he..he. And? Tis nothing but a joke. So what. I don't see any major ramifications coming about from this. What he stated actually had a ring of truth to it -- I would not of course call all lower ranking soldiers "idiots", but at the very most I would call many ignorant(particularly ignorant to what's going on around them), and at the very least -- I would call them grossly misinformed.

Higher ranking military officers are not attempting to actively recruit the intelligent -- they often are actively seeking the weak, vulnerable, and uneducated - who possess less intellectual ability to question what they only perceive to be their absolute authourity.

Sadly many young, ignorant and impressionable have died in Iraq - and if they had been better educated - they might have been less inclined to follow the foolish whims of their superiors, which brought about their eventual purposeless demise.("purposeless" in a moral-spiritual sense, as many know one of the predominant "purposes" for this war was that of generating oil revenue..)

And before anyone throws out accusations, I don't affiliate myself with liberals, conservatives or any other foolish politicol ideologies.
Until you actually join the military and meet the real people that are in it or have some sort of viable background to talk about us like that, I suggest you go ahead and be quiet. I joined the military out of a sense of duty, a way to learn discipline, work experience, college credits and money for college. And aside from that, around 80% of all military jobs are non-combat, an ex-military member is less likely to be unemployed than their civilian counterpart, and each year tens of thousands of sailors/soldiers/airmen/marines earn degrees in a variety of fields.

Those in the military are just PEOPLE. The same as you, your family and your neighbors. Why can't some people understand that?

Alliance
Until you actually join the military and meet the real people that are in it or have some sort of viable background to talk about us like that, I suggest you go ahead and be quiet. I joined the military out of a sense of duty, a way to learn discipline, work experience, college credits and money for college. And aside from that, around 80% of all military jobs are non-combat, an ex-military member is less likely to be unemployed than their civilian counterpart, and each year tens of thousands of sailors/soldiers/airmen/marines earn degrees in a variety of fields.

Those in the military are just PEOPLE. The same as you, your family and your neighbors. Why can't some people understand that?

thumb up I haven't been able to figure that one out either.

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by Alliance
thumb up I haven't been able to figure that one out either.

You haven't? He's a sock. He's supporting an idiotic position in the hopes that people who oppose his comical representation of opinion will associate his parody with the valid point being made by people who think the opposite of him. All he's doing is baiting people. Don't fall for it.

Alliance
Actually, I happen to agree with him, from my own personal experience with members of the armed services.

I disagree that only members of the military can comment on it, but the general public actually knows very little about it.

Capt_Fantastic
Actually, I happen to agree with him, from my own personal experience with members of the armed services.

I disagree that only members of the military can comment on it, but the general public actually knows very little about it.

Sorry. I wasn't referring to Kinnery. I was talking about the other guy. My bad.

Alliance
Yes, Usagi is clearly either uneducated or unexperienced in this matter.

Capt_Fantastic
Yes, Usagi is clearly either uneducated or unexperienced in this matter.

Well, as Kinneary says: "Don't support us because it's fashionable" And I don't. But to address what you're saying, are either of us experienced or educated in the military?

usagi_yojimbo

I actually have met many military people, specifically lower ranking soldiers - and although you may be one of the exceptions, I have found most to fit the proto-typical "Beatle Bailey" stereotype.

Many see the military as some form of refuge -- one which allows them to shirk the responsibilities they feel incable of fulfilling as a "civilian." If one feels inadequate about facing life, then indeed, there is no better place to join than the American military. They provide for all of your "civilian" needs -- but for a price, which is indeed a hefty one. That price being -- one's individuality, love, and the ability to question the motives of those who have authourity over onself - regardless of how base or how evil their intentions may be.

And even the "intelligent" ones like yourself do tend to be on the doctrinal side of espousing how dedicated they are to their service and/or country, as oppossed to being informed about the type of service they are truly performing.

Do not get me wrong Kinneary, I respect one who has dedication and devotion to one's family, friends, country like yourself -- however, I have great pity on any who walk blindly like lambs to the slaughter, simply because they have not taken the time to educate themselves about the situation present before them, or the true motivations of those whom they blindly follow.

botankus
^^ I like it when whob or whoever takes the time to fill out a profile. It's easy to nit-pick then.

And...right on cue, I'd expect this guy to come back with: "What is a whob?" like all the others. Or...if he doesn't, he will admit that he's not falling for it again. So he might as well bust out with, "What is a whob?"

PVS
that should be his screenname

"whatsawhob"

PVS
http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/11/02/kerry.remarks/index.html

lord xyz

Way to go Kerry! Apparently he tried to make a crack at Bush then made himself look stupid..again.. laughing That was funny and true. But Kerry saying that will just make fundamentalist conservatives even more angry an whiney.

ADarksideJedi
I love it when Kerry makes a jerk of himself!jmloser

PVS
Originally posted by ADarksideJedi
derka derka derka!jmloser

sjhfgasjfhasljflasjfhljashflHappy Dance

Kinneary
Originally posted by usagi_yojimbo I actually have met many military people, specifically lower ranking soldiers - and although you may be one of the exceptions, I have found most to fit the proto-typical "Beatle Bailey" stereotype.
I have only met one person who I would compare to Beatle Bailey, and very few who blindly follow anything.

I'm very curious about why you think this. What you're saying here is exactly the opposite of everything I have experienced in the military.

I am one of those who can't wait to be a civilian again. I'm one of the ones who wants to do 7 years, 5 on my enlistment and an extra two for an add-on school, and then leave. I'm definitely not a fan of spending 20 years in this field.

Once again, I'd very much like to know where you met these people you know in the military. They are almost exactly the opposite of nearly every single person I've met.

And I think it's important that you realize that just because we're in the military doesn't mean we can't question those above us. It's Officers who can't say anything detrimental about his leaders. We Enlisted can talk about how much we hate Bush all we want.

Regardless, after seeing Kerry's apology the other day, I'm inclined to believe that what he said was in fact a mistake. I don't like to believe any serious politician is stupid enough to say what he said and not expect a backlash.

FeceMan
http://www.cagle.com/news/JohnKerryJoke/images/sack.jpg

'Nuff said.

Alliance
No kidding.

Alliance
Originally posted by usagi_yojimbo
Many see the military as some form of refuge -- one which allows them to shirk the responsibilities they feel incable of fulfilling as a "civilian." If one feels inadequate about facing life, then indeed, there is no better place to join than the American military. They provide for all of your "civilian" needs -- but for a price, which is indeed a hefty one. That price being -- one's individuality, love, and the ability to question the motives of those who have authourity over onself - regardless of how base or how evil their intentions may be.

Who are you?

Honestly? Where do you pull this crap from. Loosing your individuality? This is nto a robot army my friend. Each soldier has a soul. Joining the military through a sense of inadequacy? Military service is the highest form of political responsibility possible.

Try educating yourself on what the military is and then re-evaluate what your opinons are.

Capt_Fantastic
http://www.cagle.com/news/JohnKerryJoke/images/sack.jpg

'Nuff said.

when was that published? It's perfect.

JacopeX
Wouldnt democrats make liberal or anti war comments like that?

I dont blame Kerry at all. But please to bash me if you know what I mean.

Bardock42
Originally posted by JacopeX

Well...liberals would state those facts....(maybe cause it fits their agenda), but the joke is that the worse issues do not matter while Kerries statement is made out to be an important issue.

I don't get your last sentence.

Quiero Mota

It was a joke intended to diss Bush, pero he ****ed up and ended up dissing the troops.

Made all the more stupid cause he was a swift-boat captain in Vietnam.

Quiero Mota
I don't get your last sentence.

laughing out loud

Bardock42
It was a joke intended to diss Bush, pero he ****ed up and ended up dissing the troops.

Made all the more stupid cause he was a swift-boat captain in Vietnam.

Look, the truth is not dissing someone.

JacopeX

Made all the more stupid cause he was a swift-boat captain in Vietnam. I wouldnt say trying to diss bush but he was being Anti war like.

Well...liberals would state those facts....(maybe cause it fits their agenda), but the joke is that the worse issues do not matter while Kerries statement is made out to be an important issue.

I don't get your last sentence. ........And guess what.......0 died. While bush makes a joke of weaponds of mass destruction and 2800 soldiers die. Way to go bush!

Alliance
........And guess what.......0 died. While bush makes a joke of weaponds of mass destruction and 2800 soldiers die. Way to go bush!

Not to mention hundreds of thousands of Iraqis.

FeceMan
when was that published? It's perfect.
Fairly recently, I'd assume.

Bardock42

Nah, I think I saw it during the 2000 campaign already.

FeceMan
Nah, I think I saw it during the 2000 campaign already.
Snap.

Capt_Fantastic

You'd assume? You posted it. Shouldn't you know?

It just seems to agree with my point in this thread. That's the only reason i ask. Should I also assume that you agree with the hypocrisy its claims, considering you posted it and had nothing else to say about it?

Kram3r

Man, that guy is going to get so ass raped by the media he's going to need to buy an entire factory's worth of Preparation H.

Bardock42

It just seems to agree with my point in this thread. That's the only reason i ask. Should I also assume that you agree with the hypocrisy its claims, considering you posted it and had nothing else to say about it?

He said "'Nuff Said" ...which is "stupid" for "I certainly do agree with the point that has just been portrayed and therefore think there doesn't need to be anything added to it" ....anyways, watch out Faceman, you might end up in Iraq.

FeceMan
No, as I came upon it randomly.

In this case, assuming is only going to make one of us look like an ass.
He said "'Nuff Said" ...which is "stupid" for "I certainly do agree with the point that has just been portrayed and therefore think there doesn't need to be anything added to it" ....anyways, watch out Faceman, you might end up in Iraq.
I don't speak "stupid." I might translate it on some occassions, but I don't speak it.

Capt_Fantastic
In this case, assuming is only going to make one of us look like an ass.

Normally I'd agree with you. But this assumption was also a question.

Lord Urizen
........And guess what.......0 died. While bush makes a joke of weaponds of mass destruction and 2800 soldiers die. Way to go bush!

Yes....Bush is a dumbass.

office jesus
This was all a misunderstanding over a botched joke that pretty much shattered Kerry's chances of running in 08. Thanks George. Thanks for blowing things out of proportion.

....AGAIN.

sithsaber408
What do the soldiers say about it?

http://images.thatimagesite.com/core/3621/3621_image.jpg

Bunch of dumb-asses.

stick out tongue

Alliance
Piss off. Unless you've served in the military as Kerry has, maybe you should tone down your criticism.

Soldiers were both upset and understanding that Kerry has speaking issues.

sithsaber408
Piss off. Unless you've served in the military as Kerry has, maybe you should tone down your criticism.

Soldiers were both upset and understanding that Kerry has speaking issues.

You talking to me or to the boys over there in Iraq who say Kerry's full of shit?

Alliance
You.

If you think a couple soldiers is the military....we might need a new direction in Iraq....with more than 10 soldiers.

FeceMan
Normally I'd agree with you. But this assumption was also a question.
Fine. Yes, I agree with it.

Bardock42
Originally posted by office jesus
This was all a misunderstanding over a botched joke that pretty much shattered Kerry's chances of running in 08. Thanks George. Thanks for blowing things out of proportion.

....AGAIN.

Isn't it a good thing that Kerry won't run in 08?

Adam_PoE

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>