Vlad Tepes vs Elizabeth Bathory

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

RZA
So in your opinion who was worse, the Impaler or the Blood Countess?

My vote goes to the Blood Countess.

Don't get me wrong Vlad was just as bad and enjoyed torture as much as anyone but most of his antics at least had some reason to it. To keep the Ottoman Empire at bay, to punish his adversaries by making examples out of them and to rule over his subjects with an iron fist. Bathory on the other hand was just simply batty. Her insanity centered around a twisted misconception about a perverted version of the fountain of youth.

Like I said she was literally insane therefore she wins!

or at least I think so
confused

Alfheim
I agree, apart from the fountain of youth you can see she just enjoyed hurting people. I think she just thought this was normal behaviour because she used to see her elders do it. There is an incident as a youth were she sees some people split the stomache of a live horse and then proceed to stuff a man who is still alive inside the stomache, they then sewed the stomache of the horse up and left him to die inside....sick ******

Storm
Despite all the myths, Elizabeth Bathory didn' t bathe in blood.

RZA
^
How do you know? Were you actually there? eek!

Sounds like someone is speaking from first hand knowledge. Oh the horrors you must have witnessed shocking

Please by all means do share stick out tongue

lil bitchiness
I am sure a lot of things which are untrue are attributed to Bathory, however, her murder and torture of young girls is rather more twisted than a warlord gone nuts.

So of the two evils, I would suppose the lesser would be Vlad the Impaler.

Alucard951753
Vlad was the lesser of two evils.
As you said RZA, Vlad usually had reasons. Elizabeth mainly did it to try and stay beautiful. I don't believe it worked for her. I may not know as much as the rest of you but I try my best to answer to my full potintal. (Please excuse my spelling.)

WrathfulDwarf
Fun thread!

Bathory..because she was hot! Plus a lesbian. thumb up

Da Pittman
The question is what is worse, someone that doesn't know what they are doing or someone that does and does it anyway. I would have to go with Vlad.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Fun thread!

Bathory..because she was hot! Plus a lesbian. thumb up

LatinoStallion
Elizabeth Bathory tortured and killed around 600 young girls.

Reports at that time claim that when investigators influtrated her property, they found girls with missing pieces of flesh and pale complexion due to severe blood loss.

Bathory would perform cruel acts such as cutting girls' vaginas with knives, afflicting thousands of small cuts all over a girl's body to have her bleed to death, and even eat some of the girls alive.

Bathory is far worse in my opinion

Robtard
The wiki article, which is cited and sourced pretty much says that the majority of the accusations were made up fantasies and based on nothing by hearsay.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elizabeth_B%C3%A1thory#Folklore.2C_literature_and_popular_culture

Vlad for the win.

Da Pittman
Well if you go by the stories...

"The atrocities made by Vlad in the German stories include impaling, torturing, burning, skinning, roasting, and boiling people, feeding people human flesh (their friends or relatives), cutting off limbs, drowning, and nailing of hats to the heads of people. His victims included men and women of all ages, religions and social classes, children and babies. The exaggeration of cruelties in the German stories is quite clear when compared to the Russian or the Romanian stories about Vlad Ţepeş from which the meaningless violence and cruel atrocities are almost absent."

"The number of his victims ranges from 40,000 to 100,000."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vlad_III_the_Impaler

I think he takes the cake and nails it to someones head wink

Devil King
Yeah, Vlad was just the dumb shit lucky to have her.

Oh, they weren't married?

Jovan
Originally posted by RZA
^
How do you know? Were you actually there? eek!
I hope you're joking ... even if wikipedia isn't the best research tool as academics till annoyance say; it's just a click away to check on things

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.