The Nuclear Blast Durability Challenge

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

masterbruce
This challenge tests the durability of our contestants by exploding a nuclear bomb within 100 feet. Who would survive and who would become a rice krispies treat?

Contestants:

Superman
Silver Surfer
Thor
Hulk
Green Lantern
Iron Man
Wolverine
Spiderman
Venom

Tshern
The last four die.

masterbruce
hasn't wolverine survived a nuclear blast?

SpunkySmurph
No. He's survived a huge blast, and, through hyberbole, people now believe it was on a nuclear-level

masterbruce
NOOooooooooooooooo, it must be a nuclear blast Logan survived! My whole basis for fanboyism in Wolverine is dependent on that fact.

Galan777
Originally posted by masterbruce
This challenge tests the durability of our contestants by exploding a nuclear bomb within 100 feet. Who would survive and who would become a rice krispies treat?

Contestants:

Superman
Silver Surfer
Thor
Hulk
Green Lantern
Iron Man
Wolverine
Spiderman
Venom

LIVE:
Superman
Silver Surfer
Thor
Hulk
Green Lantern

DIE:
Iron Man
Wolverine
Spiderman
Venom

masterbruce
I personally think Logan will survive. He will be reduced to a skeleton but will regrow himself back.

Ricodrayz

Contestants:

Superman
Silver Surfer
Thor
Hulk
Green Lantern
Iron Man
Wolverine
Spiderman
Venom evil face
Hulk dies because the man isn't mad enough
GL dies, because he lost his ring.
iroman gets melted
Wolverine gets blasted but heals from it
Spiderman's spidey sense goes off and he dodges it

big grin

masterbruce
yeah, spidey senses it and creates a nuclear shelter with his webbing

Milkie
I personally think Logan will survive. He will be reduced to a skeleton but will regrow himself back.

Nah

I think he will actually die.

Ricodrayz
yeah, spidey senses it and creates a nuclear shelter with his webbing Oh shit, I forgot about the web that is like a Gl ring. Hmmm, Well spiderman has many options.

Ricodrayz
Originally posted by Milkie
Nah

I think he will actually die. Wolverine could regenerate from a single cell you idiot. Havn't you seen Dbz mad

Grimm22
Superman - lives
Silver Surfer - lives and hardly hurt
Thor - lives
Hulk - absorbs radiation and lives
Green Lantern - With involuntary sheild up he is fine
Iron Man - with sheilds up he is fine
Wolverine - dead dead dead
Spiderman - dead
Venom - dead

King Kandy
First five live, other four die.

outarddwarf
in venom run, both the venome symbiot and wolverine survive a nuclear blast, wolverine especially considering that he took it pretty much in the face! I can get scans if you want them.

Milkie
Originally posted by Ricodrayz
Wolverine could regenerate from a single cell you idiot. Havn't you seen Dbz mad

no expression

golem370
Make a nuclear blast level like saying Ultron is said to be able to withstand 100 megaton Atomic Bomb how would these guys do with that magnitude of that blast.

outarddwarf
Wolverine gets hit almost dead on
http://img417.imageshack.us/img417/1765/vwnuke2wp8.jpg
The blast
http://img160.imageshack.us/img160/4159/vwnuke3sk0.jpg
wolverines recovered
http://img160.imageshack.us/img160/3579/vwnuke4yz3.jpg
The two that launched blasts don protective suits and say they launched a nuke! They are going outside to catch the symbiot so we know it survived (i don't wanna scan it but we see it in a tree above some cockroach bodies)
http://img349.imageshack.us/img349/9682/vwnukeah1.jpg

Milkie
100 Megaton is nothing to Superman, Silver Surfer, Thor & Green Lantern

Metalmanx
Originally posted by Galan777
LIVE:
Superman
Silver Surfer
Thor
Hulk
Green Lantern

DIE:
Iron Man
Wolverine
Spiderman
Venom

Truth.

golem370
Well depending of what kind of radiation

Milkie
Originally posted by outarddwarf
The blast
wolverines recovered
The two that launched blasts don protective suits and say they launched a nuke! They are going outside to catch the symbiot so we know it survived (i don't wanna scan it but we see it in a tree above some cockroach bodies)
http://img349.imageshack.us/img349/9682/vwnukeah1.jpg

That's so wrong in so many ways

I didn't now he had pants & boots that also have a Healing Factor roll eyes (sarcastic)

The everything around him should be vaporized.

Is this even canon?

Ricodrayz

I didn't now he had pants & boots that also have a Healing Factor roll eyes (sarcastic)

Is this even canon? You just want to see him naked. Nice try!!! mad Oh and would you want Hulk ripping his pants off and jumping around naked? sick

I hope that isn't cannon lol, I agree with that shouldn't have happened eek!

Milkie
You just want to see him naked. Nice try!!! mad Oh and would you want Hulk ripping his pants off and jumping around naked? sick

I hope that isn't cannon lol, I agree with that shouldn't have happened eek!

Hulk is different.

But everything should be vaporized. He was naked after that other blast. Why not now?

YES I LOVE TO SEE JAMES HAIRY NAKED BODY droolio

Ricodrayz
Hulk is different.

But everything should be vaporized. He was naked after that other blast. Why not now?

YES I LOVE TO SEE JAMES HAIRY NAKED BODY droolio Because taht was Wolvie uncensored mad This one was in a comic rated for kids so Wolvie with his balls hanging out is not a good idea! even if smoke was covering him mad

outarddwarf
Its from Venom's Run series and im afraid that it is canon! This kinda stuff seems to happen to venom quite often (See Venom: The Madness)

Milkie
LMAO!

Where the hell is cap it up?

He might know if that is canon.

It's for kids so its hard to tell.

Priest

don't shiv
i.m. could survive through speedblitz evasive action.

Direct HIT? Surfer, Lantern

don't shiv
OH superman survives 2

Priest
Originally posted by don't shiv
i.m. could survive through speedblitz evasive action.

Direct HIT? Surfer, Lantern

how u figure thor is not invunerable to take a nuke?

Horrificus

Contestants:

Superman
Silver Surfer
Thor
Hulk
Green Lantern
Iron Man
Wolverine
Spiderman
Venom Superman, SIlver Surfer, Thor and Green Lantern end up pissed because they are covered in the smoldering ash of their pals.

Horrificus
Nah

I think he will actually die.

How can he regenerate if he has no tissue left to regrow anything?
That is so rediculous!
Where are the new cells and tissue coming from?

Horrificus
Originally posted by Priest
how u figure thor is not invunerable to take a nuke?

Thor HAS taken nukes, and been standing by exploding nuke point blank and been fine.
End of story.

Horrificus
One more thing...

SILENCE!!

Dinalfos

Superman - Lives
Silver Surfer - Lives
Thor - Lives
Hulk - Lives
Green Lantern - Lives
Iron Man - Dies
Wolverine - Dies (yes, dies)
Spiderman - Dies.
Venom - Dies

Mindship
Why is this blast 100 feet away? The inverse square-law and cube-law effects will dramatically reduce the power of the nuclear blast.

They should be curling themselves around the bomb to get the full impact of the blast.

Ize19
Originally posted by Horrificus
That is so rediculous!

They're coming from his adamantium skeleton. This is possible, because of two things: 1) The adamantium is not lacing his skeleton, it is bonded to it. It has been stated that the adamantium does not interfere with the normal functioning of Wolverine's bones, including the forming of blood. 2) Wolverine's healing factor is part of his DNA. It exists in every cell in his body. Because of this, so long as Wolverine's skeleton is intact, and his healing factor isn't burnt out, Wolverine can regenerate, though it really shouldn't be so quick.

Milkie
That is so rediculous!

Why did you quote me?

Zahit
did you ever consider girls?
they're nice and soft you know.......

Tha C-Master
NOOooooooooooooooo, it must be a nuclear blast Logan survived! My whole basis for fanboyism in Wolverine is dependent on that fact. Hating Spiderman is the main criteria, and you do that well lol... The last 4 die... Except MAYBE Iron Man, depending on the nuke.

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by Zahit
they're nice and soft you know....... laughing

AngryManatee
They all die because the paper they are all drawn on can't withstand the intense heat from the blast lol.

Horrificus
Originally posted by Mindship
Why is this blast 100 feet away? The inverse square-law and cube-law effects will dramatically reduce the power of the nuclear blast.

They should be curling themselves around the bomb to get the full impact of the blast.

I know that's how I do it.

Horrificus
Originally posted by Ize19
They're coming from his adamantium skeleton. This is possible, because of two things: 1) The adamantium is not lacing his skeleton, it is bonded to it. It has been stated that the adamantium does not interfere with the normal functioning of Wolverine's bones, including the forming of blood. 2) Wolverine's healing factor is part of his DNA. It exists in every cell in his body. Because of this, so long as Wolverine's skeleton is intact, and his healing factor isn't burnt out, Wolverine can regenerate, though it really shouldn't be so quick.

What are you talking about?

If all his cellular matter is vaporized, and all that is left, is adamantium, there is nothing alive left to make new cells.

All that would be left, after the blast, is PURE adamantium. Anything organic should be gone.

Horrificus
Why did you quote me?

Sorry. Because I agreed with you.

MightyEInherjar
Hulk and Thor have both been nuked, or hit with nuclear level explosions. I don't see how they couldn't come out alive.

Now, I certaintly didn't say unharmed...

Stupid Rookie
No way IM, Wolvie, Spiderman, and Venom Survive. The others live.

A nuke really won't even piss off SS or Supes. I suppose it might piss off Thor, but certainly he should take it.

Milkie
Sorry. Because I agreed with you.

OH

Horrificus
Thor took one once without it doing anything to him.
Is a gamma bomb as powerful as a nuke? If so, the little stinit with the Maestro should show us that Hulk can't live through a blast like that.
Even if he does eventually come back to life.

Accel
Gamma affects Hulk in various ways. We've also seen gamma bombs make him stronger and turn him back into Banner.

He's taken nukes tons of times.

Ize19
What are you talking about?

If all his cellular matter is vaporized, and all that is left, is adamantium, there is nothing alive left to make new cells.

All that would be left, after the blast, is PURE adamantium. Anything organic should be gone.

Nope, I'm afraid not. You see, when the adamantium was bonded to Wolverine's bones, it was done on a molecular level. Basically, his bones ARE adamantium. That's why it was stated that when Magneto ripped the adamantium from him, that he did so by removing it at a molecular level. So long as his skeleton survives intact, and there is no damage being repeatedly done after the incineration, there is nor reason for Wolverine to be unable to regenerate.

Badabing
evil face
Hulk dies because the man isn't mad enough
GL dies, because he lost his ring.
iroman gets melted
Wolverine gets blasted but heals from it
Spiderman's spidey sense goes off and he dodges it

big grin
bnone

rotiart

Contestants:

Superman
Silver Surfer
Thor
Hulk
Green Lantern
Iron Man
Wolverine
Spiderman
Venom

Supes, Surfer, Thor, GL survive although they might be unconscious...

Hulk would "die" but then regenerate so fast... its like nothing happened.

Ironman gets nuked.
Wolverine is like Hulk.
Spiderman and Venom are incinerated.

masterbruce
they're nice and soft you know.......

what're you talking about? please make sense before you post

masterbruce
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
Hating Spiderman is the main criteria, and you do that well lol... The last 4 die... Except MAYBE Iron Man, depending on the nuke.

just because I believe wolverine can beat spiderman does not mean I hate spiderman. Im a big spidey fan wink

Grimm22
Originally posted by outarddwarf
The blast
wolverines recovered

Um no expression

You are aware that a nucular blast would desecrate everything in a 100 mile radius

Right next to Wolverine looks to be a sign from a fast food restaurant, which could not survive a nuke

masterbruce
Originally posted by Grimm22
Um no expression

You are aware that a nucular blast would desecrate everything in a 100 mile radius

Right next to Wolverine looks to be a sign from a fast food restaurant, which could not survive a nuke

the sign wouldnt even survive a regular blast, comics arent drawn accurately from a scientific standpoint

Grimm22
the sign wouldnt even survive a regular blast, comics arent drawn accurately from a scientific standpoint

It's not scientific, its common sense no expression

Thus proving those scans to be worth crap

SpunkySmurph
I really hoped that someone would point out that this supposed 'nuke' from the Venom run was NOT a nuke. Yes, it was cannonical, but it wasn't a nuclear blast.

It was NAPALM. Big difference

Soljer
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
I really hoped that someone would point out that this supposed 'nuke' from the Venom run was NOT a nuke. Yes, it was cannonical, but it wasn't a nuclear blast.

It was NAPALM. Big difference

I've heard this argued many times. Are we sure? Mushroom cloud? The people in the ship actually using the word "nuke?"

Where do we get this napalm retcon from?

ExtraMision5555
Originally posted by Grimm22
Um no expression

i was thinking that too actually

Milkie

Is this even canon?

Soljer
Guys, I'm not saying that it's right. Or that it makes sense.

I'm not arguing sensicality, but rather officiality....

Has it been officially retconned or changed by marvel?

Again, this isn't in order to argue FOR the Nuke's admitance as evidence. Anywhere.

NO ONE thinks that Wolverine is capable of taking a nuke. Hell, even Capt It Up acknowledges that taking a nuke and taking nitro's blast were PIS. I'm not saying otherwise.

I'm just wondering what the official statement is.

Horrificus
Nope, I'm afraid not. You see, when the adamantium was bonded to Wolverine's bones, it was done on a molecular level. Basically, his bones ARE adamantium. That's why it was stated that when Magneto ripped the adamantium from him, that he did so by removing it at a molecular level. So long as his skeleton survives intact, and there is no damage being repeatedly done after the incineration, there is nor reason for Wolverine to be unable to regenerate.

Ok.
I'm still asking, if eveything organic gets vaporized, what is left to regrow new tissue?
Unless, you are now telling me that Logan is made of an Organic Adamantium. Which would be the single GAYEST comic book scenario ever created. I will personally go to Marvel and kick somebody's as*!
God, what a terrible storyline and character.
These idiots just write any old thing that comes to mind, with no respect for the readers, logic, continuity or anything.
So, Logan has adamantium/organic bones that can somehow make new cells from nothing.
Very nice.
I could have written that storyline with my clenched buttocks wrapped around a piece of chalk, while my head is in a bag of rabid cats.

Horrificus

That's why it is always a big PLUS for writers to be intelligent, no matter what area they write in.
Clownie tards that blwo their way into jobs at these big companies should also have to be responsible for the silliness that falls out of their collective rectum.

After all, we pay good money.

Horrificus
Originally posted by Soljer
Guys, I'm not saying that it's right. Or that it makes sense.

I'm not arguing sensicality, but rather officiality....

Has it been officially retconned or changed by marvel?

Again, this isn't in order to argue FOR the Nuke's admitance as evidence. Anywhere.

NO ONE thinks that Wolverine is capable of taking a nuke. Hell, even Capt It Up acknowledges that taking a nuke and taking nitro's blast were PIS. I'm not saying otherwise.

I'm just wondering what the official statement is.

I believe that Marvel is holding a press conference tomorrow night concerning this issue. It would seem that the team of analysts that have been working on this situation, have finally come to a conclusion after gathering solid, scientific evidence.
The president will first give a brief statement, trying to calm people down. Then, after a blessing from the pope, Stan Lee will be video-conferenced in for a few minutes.
Once these formalities have been completed, all the answers will be exposed. Finally.

Soljer
I believe that Marvel is holding a press conference tomorrow night concerning this issue. It would seem that the team of analysts that have been working on this situation, have finally come to a conclusion after gathering solid, scientific evidence.
The president will first give a brief statement, trying to calm people down. Then, after a blessing from the pope, Stan Lee will be video-conferenced in for a few minutes.
Once these formalities have been completed, all the answers will be exposed. Finally.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Don't have to be a dick.

The question remains. Was this later referred to on pannel has napalm? Or is the ONLY reference to it "nuke"?

Hm?

Like I said, it is NOT representative of Wolverines abilities, and as far as this thread goes, he DEFINITELY dies. I don't care about that. I still remain curious, however.

bigbran
Superman- Blinks.
Silver Surfer- Laughs.
Thor- hurt a little, or takes no damage.
Hulk- normal= Koed. Mad= hurt.
Green Lantern- does he have his shields up? If so he should be fine.
Iron Man- nope.
Wolverine- nope.
Spiderman- nope.
Venom- mega intense heat, plus symbiote (I mean symbion), do I have to answer?

Last four equals nothing except Wolverine's skeleton.

ExtraMision5555

Eh, i think that might be stretching it a bit, to say the least. A nuke by all means should reduce wolverine to his bare essentials, which is essentially, nothing. Nothing but an inanimate skeleton. Vaporised to the point that logically, as he is not immortal, his consciousness should have left him due to the fact that, well there isint a wolverine anymore. So long as he is living, he shuold always regenerate. But where i fail to understand the sense of wolverine surviveing utter vaporizaiton is the fact that thier should be nothing for the regeneration to act on. What can you regenerate when there is nothing to regenerate?

And i dont mean nothing on a molecular level, im saying, does his regen also regeneate his soul once it has left his body? That too could be a stretch, but by all means a nuclear missile should kill wolverine, 200 times. This is all accented by the fact that the upcoming issue is going to try to explain what happened in that scene, so i guess in a few days we MIGHT, all know the answer. might..

Tha C-Master
what're you talking about? please make sense before you post lol it's an inside joke.

just because I believe wolverine can beat spiderman does not mean I hate spiderman. Im a big spidey fan wink Their your threads and not mine. You know actions speak louder than words.

I love fanboys, can't you tell? Btw wolverine CAN beat Spiderman, he just doesn't take the majority, but that's off topic.

Ize19
Originally posted by ExtraMision5555
Eh, i think that might be stretching it a bit, to say the least. A nuke by all means should reduce wolverine to his bare essentials, which is essentially, nothing. Nothing but an inanimate skeleton. Vaporised to the point that logically, as he is not immortal, his consciousness should have left him due to the fact that, well there isint a wolverine anymore. So long as he is living, he shuold always regenerate. But where i fail to understand the sense of wolverine surviveing utter vaporizaiton is the fact that thier should be nothing for the regeneration to act on. What can you regenerate when there is nothing to regenerate?

And i dont mean nothing on a molecular level, im saying, does his regen also regeneate his soul once it has left his body? That too could be a stretch, but by all means a nuclear missile should kill wolverine, 200 times. This is all accented by the fact that the upcoming issue is going to try to explain what happened in that scene, so i guess in a few days we MIGHT, all know the answer. might..

It's an established fact that Wolverine's healing factor is not controlled by his mind, but that it is part of every cell in his body. As for his soul, there have been times when his healing factor has brought him back from death, so that's already been dealt with. I do believe that his healing factor shouldn't have brought him back as fast as it did against Nitro, but, as you said, they are going to be explaining that.

ExtraMision5555
It's an established fact that Wolverine's healing factor is not controlled by his mind, but that it is part of every cell in his body. As for his soul, there have been times when his healing factor has brought him back from death, so that's already been dealt with. I do believe that his healing factor shouldn't have brought him back as fast as it did against Nitro, but, as you said, they are going to be explaining that.

yeah, of all things that scene definately raised alot of questions
i had something else to say but now i forgot lol :/
but yeah, time will tell i guess

masterbruce
Wolverine CAN survive a nuclear blast to his face.

WHY?

Because his skeleton would survive. Guess what's in the bones that's protected by adamantium? That's right, bone marrow...which contains blood cells, which would allow Logan to regenerate whole.

This is why Wolverine can survive anything short of complete disintegration of his skeleton.

bigbran

WHY?

Because his skeleton would survive. Guess what's in the bones that's protected by adamantium? That's right, bone marrow...which contains blood cells, which would allow Logan to regenerate whole.

This is why Wolverine can survive anything short of complete disintegration of his skeleton. How the hell is the bone marrow going to phase through his skeleton?
That really, reallly, really made no sense at all!

ExtraMision5555

WHY?

This is why Wolverine can survive anything short of complete disintegration of his skeleton.

which brings wolverines mortality into question

which potentially stems into a much deeper, messy debate
because the marrow explination doesnt make much sense either

masterbruce
How does Spiderman shoot more webbing than his arms/body can hold? How come Hulk's pants don't rip off when he grows? How come superman's cape survive so much punishment? How come no one can tell resemblance between clark and superman?

it's called comics...laws of science and logic dont apply.

masterbruce

dude, alot of things in comics don't make sense. Spiderman punches a metal wall and breaks it...that would imply his bones are hard like steel and his skin is hard as well or else his fist would shatter and his skin would be ripped apart. But its comics, its not science.

bigbran
How does Spiderman shoot more webbing than his arms/body can hold? How come Hulk's pants don't rip off when he grows? How come superman's cape survive so much punishment? How come no one can tell resemblance between clark and superman?

it's called comics...laws of science and logic dont apply. Umm, it does when the marrow is INSIDE the adamantium!!

masterbruce
Originally posted by bigbran
Umm, it does when the marrow is INSIDE the adamantium!!

His adamantium bones have microscopic pores which allows cellular regenaeration to occur.

bigbran
His adamantium bones have microscopic pores which allows cellular regenaeration to occur. Ummm, what the f*** are you talking about? Do you have any proof of this whats so ever?

If that's the case then, the nuke should be able to go in there, and wipe it out.

masterbruce
Ummm, what the f*** are you talking about? Do you have any proof of this whats so ever?

If that's the case then, the nuke should be able to go in there, and wipe it out.

no, these pores are microscopic. nuclear blast would not enter the bones. radiation might seep through, but logan's healing factor is too strong for longterm radiation effects to occur.

bigbran
no, these pores are microscopic. nuclear blast would not enter the bones. radiation might seep through, but logan's healing factor is too strong for longterm radiation effects to occur. Proof?

masterbruce
Proof?

um, the proof is basically the comic where Logan eats a nuke for breakfast and basically comes out unscathed.

Ize19
Umm, it does when the marrow is INSIDE the adamantium!!

You really aren't getting this. The adamantium isn't laced, it's bonded to his bones. That's why when Magneto removed it from Wolverine's skeleton, it was state it that he had to remove it at a molecular level. If that isn't enough for you, it has been stated before in Wolverine's bios that the adamantium does not interfere with the formation of blood corpsules, which is what bone marrow does.

Milkie
Post scans to where it explains his healing factor in detail.

I'm not going to being anything anybody says.

bigbran
um, the proof is basically the comic where Logan eats a nuke for breakfast and basically comes out unscathed. Your using a pis feat, along with your own made up theory to use for proof?

King_Mungi
Actually it was stated the adamantium does in fact interfere with the formation of blood corpsules. The healing factor allows his body to cope and that's all stated in the handbooks. Without the healing factor he would die due to the adamintium, even mentioned in House of M.

bigbran
You really aren't getting this. The adamantium isn't laced, it's bonded to his bones. That's why when Magneto removed it from Wolverine's skeleton, it was state it that he had to remove it at a molecular level. If that isn't enough for you, it has been stated before in Wolverine's bios that the adamantium does not interfere with the formation of blood corpsules, which is what bone marrow does. I know exactly how it works there.
But if it's bonded, isn't it trapping the bones under a layer of adamantium?
Your also using bios for proof, and saying, "I'm" not getting it?

masterbruce
Your using a pis feat, along with your own made up theory to use for proof?

so it is PIS just because you don't think it is possible?

bigbran
so it is PIS just because you don't think it is possible? Oh my sweet Jesus!!

masterbruce
just accept the fact that Logan can eat nukes for breakfast and move along with your life

bigbran
just accept the fact that Logan can eat nukes for breakfast and move along with your life Even the damn Wolverine supporters think that feat is pis.
How about you read some comics before you come in here, and spew your bs all over the place?

masterbruce
Even the damn Wolverine supporters think that feat is pis.
How about you read some comics before you come in here, and spew your bs all over the place?

I don't care what wolverine supporters think. I'm not even a "wolverine supporter" myself. Why don't YOU read some comics before dismissing anything you don't like as PIS?

bigbran
I don't care what wolverine supporters think. I'm not even a "wolverine supporter" myself. Why don't YOU read some comics before dismissing anything you don't like as PIS? laughing
I read comics. You admitted a couple threads ago that you don't read them.
Also if you read some comics, you could see how Wolverine surviving that is pis.
Plus if I wanted to dismiss everything I didn't like as pis. There would be quite a difference in my debating, towards everyone.

masterbruce
laughing
I read comics. You admitted a couple threads ago that you don't read them.
Also if you read some comics, you could see how Wolverine surviving that is pis.

The fact is wolverine's healing factor has never shown a limit yet, so it's not implausible that him surviving a nuke is the highend of his healing ability.

bigbran
The fact is wolverine's healing factor has never shown a limit yet, so it's not implausible that him surviving a nuke is the highend of his healing ability. So your saying he could survive planet busters?

masterbruce
So your saying he could survive planet busters?

In theory, yes.

Also, if you are so concerned about this, do you ever question the validity of planet busting power? I think it's such garbage that characters like Gladiator, Beta Ray Bill, Sufer can bust planets. In order to bust a planet the size of earth for example, you would need over 1 Million nukes just to take out the surface. That implies that those guys have the power of AT LEAST one million nukes at their hand. Which means, even if they usually fight at 1/1,000,000th (in other words, a flick of their pinky) their full power, they would wield the power of one nuclear bomb, which is complete utter crap. Comic book writers should either elevate them to Galactus or God status if they want to keep the planet busting feats or just erase those ridiculous feats if they want those characters to be believable at all.

Soujaboy
In theory, yes.

Also, if you are so concerned about this, do you ever question the validity of planet busting power? I think it's such garbage that characters like Gladiator, Beta Ray Bill, Sufer can bust planets. In order to bust a planet the size of earth for example, you would need over 1 Million nukes just to take out the surface. That implies that those guys have the power of one million nukes at their hand. Which means, even if they usually fight at 1/1,000,000th (in other words, a flick of their pinky) their full power, they would wield the power of one nuclear bomb, which is complete utter crap. Comic book writers should either elevate them to Galactus or God status if they want to keep the planet busting feats or just erase those ridiculous feats if they want those characters to be believable at all.

That's amazing.....

bigbran
In theory, yes.

Also, if you are so concerned about this, do you ever question the validity of planet busting power? I think it's such garbage that characters like Gladiator, Beta Ray Bill, Sufer can bust planets. In order to bust a planet the size of earth for example, you would need over 1 Million nukes just to take out the surface. That implies that those guys have the power of AT LEAST one million nukes at their hand. Which means, even if they usually fight at 1/1,000,000th (in other words, a flick of their pinky) their full power, they would wield the power of one nuclear bomb, which is complete utter crap. Comic book writers should either elevate them to Galactus or God status if they want to keep the planet busting feats or just erase those ridiculous feats if they want those characters to be believable at all. They can also fly at multiple times lightspeed, they aren't real!

If they elevate them to Galactus status, then that would increase them to galaxy busting attacks, which they are no where near.

Also about Wolverine taking the planet buster. no expression no expression no expression no expression no expression no expression no

Milkie
I want to see SCANS that explain Logan's Healing Factor

masterbruce
They can also fly at multiple times lightspeed, they aren't real!

If they elevate them to Galactus status, then that would increase them to galaxy busting attacks, which they are no where near.

Also about Wolverine taking the planet buster. no expression no expression no expression no expression no expression no expression no

look, comics don't make sense, they're not supposed to. Writers and artists know that 99.9% of their readers aren't going to question the scientific/logical validity of what goes on in the panels. Artists and writers just try to come up with stuff that is visually amazing and awe-inspiring.

bigbran
look, comics don't make sense, they're not supposed to. Writers and artists know that 99.9% of their readers aren't going to question the scientific/logical validity of what goes on in the panels. Artists and writers just try to come up with stuff that is visually amazing and awe-inspiring. So why the hell were you arguing about the nuke thing?Originally posted by Milkie
I want to see SCANS that explain Logan's Healing Factor Well it's supposedly enough to take planet destroying attacks now... no expression no expression no expression no expression no expression

Milkie
Well it's supposedly enough to take planet destroying attacks now... no expression no expression no expression no expression no expression

no expression

bigbran
no expression Look back a page for proof... I mean theorys.

masterbruce
So why the hell were you arguing about the nuke thing? Well it's supposedly enough to take planet destroying attacks now... no expression no expression no expression no expression no expression

well, you either accept all of it or you don't accept any of it. I don't like to pick and choose which feats are legit and which are PIS.

masterbruce
So why the hell were you arguing about the nuke thing? Well it's supposedly enough to take planet destroying attacks now... no expression no expression no expression no expression no expression

Is there any reason to think he wouldn't survive a planet destroying attack? evil face

bigbran
well, you either accept all of it or you don't accept any of it. I don't like to pick and choose which feats are legit and which are PIS. Wow?
You look at a comic where Wolverine heals from some cuts, and injuries with some problems (in a lot of showings). Then you look to where Wolverine heals from a nuke in 10 seconds, one time. Is it that hard?
Your just ignoring this.

bigbran
Is there any reason to think he wouldn't survive a planet destroying attack? evil face I just can't go on anymore.
I'm debating aginst onne of the dumbest things ever said about Wolverine. Can't... can't do it. Stupidity is taking over...
wolberine can knowe heal f4rm ze galxie ataks!!

masterbruce
Wow?
You look at a comic where Wolverine heals from some cuts, and injuries with some problems (in a lot of showings). Then you look to where Wolverine heals from a nuke in 10 seconds, one time. Is it that hard?
Your just ignoring this.

I understand your point.

From the same reasoning, one day Surfer is having trouble against a 100 tonner, the next day he can destroy the very planet they fight on, that's pretty ridiculous too, right? But ppl on this board often use those planet busting feats to illustrate the potential of power of those guys when they regularly have trouble fighting goons who can barely destroy a city block.

bigbran
I understand your point.

From the same reasoning, one day Surfer is having trouble against a 100 tonner, the next day he can destroy the very planet they fight on, that's pretty ridiculous too, right? But ppl on this board often use those planet busting feats to illustrate the potential of power of those guys when they regularly have trouble fighting goons who can barely destroy a city block. Surfer can do this because he holds back when he fights. Look at any appearance of him, and he is almost always holding back.
Surfer rips apart people when he is mad.
Ex, the Doombot after it stole his power cosmic. Destroys a planet so he can teach someone a lesson.
If you read Surfer, you would know all about him, and his not wanting to fight opinion.

Tha C-Master
Now that I think about it, he did say it would take a hit from someone like Tyrant or above to KO Wolverine.

don't shiv
why would anyone subscribe to silver surfer

h1a8

Wrong
He can't do no such thing. For he will be dead.

Innerhype
Originally posted by h1a8
Wrong
He can't do no such thing. For he will be dead.

I agree.

Though I count 3 times when Wolverine has been reduced to a skeleton and come back.

Wolverine can beat Superman in a fight to death. Think about it, anything Superman can dish out, Wolverine can recover from with his healing factor.

Eventually (say in 300 years time for example) Wolverine will come across some kryptonite and kill Superman. The end.

laughing out loud

Metalmanx

How do you explain then, using your theory, that Wolverine kept his bone skeleton when Magneto ripped out the adamantium? I mean, you even said "his bones ARE adamantium".

Clearly, however, it must have just been laced with it.

Nor is there a reason for Wolverine to be unable to regenerate?! From cells?!

This is why the character of Wolverine has lost his cool factor. He's starting to regenerate his entire body from a few measly cells. What ever happened to overtaxing his healing factor?

What a bunch of crackpot writers.

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by Metalmanx
How do you explain then, using your theory, that Wolverine kept his bone skeleton when Magneto ripped out the adamantium? I mean, you even said "his bones ARE adamantium".

Clearly, however, it must have just been laced with it.

Nor is there a reason for Wolverine to be unable to regenerate?! From cells?!

This is why the character of Wolverine has lost his cool factor. He's starting to regenerate his entire body from a few measly cells. What ever happened to overtaxing his healing factor?

What a bunch of crackpot writers. He's characterized to have fast healing and no regeneration anyways, but don't bother telling some people that...

Ize19
Originally posted by King_Mungi
Actually it was stated the adamantium does in fact interfere with the formation of blood corpsules. The healing factor allows his body to cope and that's all stated in the handbooks. Without the healing factor he would die due to the adamintium, even mentioned in House of M.

While it's true he would die without his healing factor due to adamantium poisoning, I actually have the bio of his that states that it does not interfere with the regular functioning of his bones, including the producing of blood corpsules. If you have a scan or an issue number where this is retconned, I would like to see it. Until then, I'm going by what I have read.

Metalmanx
dude, alot of things in comics don't make sense. Spiderman punches a metal wall and breaks it...that would imply his bones are hard like steel and his skin is hard as well or else his fist would shatter and his skin would be ripped apart. But its comics, its not science.

In terms of Spider-Man? His bones are hard like steel and yes, his skin is hard as well.

With superhuman strength, comes superhuman durability. wink

But that's really neither here nor there.

Metalmanx
no, these pores are microscopic. nuclear blast would not enter the bones. radiation might seep through, but logan's healing factor is too strong for longterm radiation effects to occur.

...Wow, dude.

That was...well, dumb. Even for you.

Wolverine dies. Get over it. Have a good day though!

Metalmanx
look, comics don't make sense, they're not supposed to. Writers and artists know that 99.9% of their readers aren't going to question the scientific/logical validity of what goes on in the panels. Artists and writers just try to come up with stuff that is visually amazing and awe-inspiring.

How would you know? You don't read them. no expression

Metalmanx
While it's true he would die without his healing factor due to adamantium poisoning, I actually have the bio of his that states that it does not interfere with the regular functioning of his bones, including the producing of blood corpsules. If you have a scan or an issue number where this is retconned, I would like to see it. Until then, I'm going by what I have read.

I can read that the sky is a nice shade of plaid. Does that make it true?

Regardless, post this "bio" that states your theory. I've never heard of such a thing before.

The adamantium does in fact interfere with the regular functioning of his bones, INCLUDING the production of blook corpsules.

golem370
Green Lantern should be able to use a force field

Ize19
I can read that the sky is a nice shade of plaid. Does that make it true?

Regardless, post this "bio" that states your theory. I've never heard of such a thing before.

The adamantium does in fact interfere with the regular functioning of his bones, INCLUDING the production of blook corpsules.

Unfortunately, I do not have a scanner. I searched online to see if I could find it, but was unable to. However, if anyone who does have a scanner, who also happens to have Essential Wolverine volumes 1 and/or 3, I can tell you where it is.
In the very back of the book, under the heading "Known Superhuman Powers," it is stated in the last sentence of the third paragraph.

masterbruce
In terms of Spider-Man? His bones are hard like steel and yes, his skin is hard as well.

With superhuman strength, comes superhuman durability. wink

But that's really neither here nor there.

using your tactic, could you show me a scan where it says that spiderman's bones are hard like steel? thanks wink

Metalmanx
using your tactic, could you show me a scan where it says that spiderman's bones are hard like steel? thanks wink

Nope. Sure can't. However, I can show you the many times that he's punched through steel and brick and been fine. Or when powerhouses pummel him, and yet no broken bones (most of the time). If you haven't noticed (which I guess you haven't, since you don't actually read comics), it takes hell of a lot to REALLY damage Spidey.

masterbruce
so then it's all PIS then. I mean, spiderman got superstrength, but he was never imbued with super strong bones.

Dinalfos
I know for sure that Spidey's bones aren't THAT dense. He's just harder to hurt than normal guys because his durability requires an increase to be able to correspond with his higher strength level. But yeah, I agree that some of his durability feats are a little ridiculous. A good, connecting punch from certain powerhouses should splatter him across the wall. So either it's PIS that he survives, or it's PIS that the powerhouses managed to hit him in the first place. Don't care which. Although I'm intellectually leaning towards the latter.

masterbruce
Originally posted by Dinalfos
I know for sure that Spidey's bones aren't THAT dense. He's just harder to hurt than normal guys because his durability requires an increase to be able to correspond with his higher strength level. But yeah, I agree that some of his durability feats are a little ridiculous. A good, connecting punch from certain powerhouses should splatter him across the wall. So either it's PIS that he survives, or it's PIS that the powerhouses managed to hit him in the first place. Don't care which.

completely agree.

I'm not trying to bash spidey.

It just seems his supporters ignore inconsistencies/impossibilitie with him but like to point to PIS for anything hard to believe that Wolverine does.

Dinalfos
completely agree.

It just seems his supporters ignore inconsistencies/impossibilitie with him but like to point to PIS for anything hard to believe that Wolverine does.

Well, you have to admit that Spidey is one of the more consistent characters in the Marvel Universe, aside from some of the non-mainstream supporting roles.

Zahit
just accept the fact that Logan can eat nukes for breakfast and move along with your life
are you for real or just some old congressman
trolling around for impressionable young boys.......

you can't really be that stupid or fanatical are you?

confused

masterbruce
are you for real or just some old congressman
trolling around for impressionable young boys.......

you can't really be that stupid or fanatical are you?

confused

WTF are you talking about? "trolling for impressionable young boys"...um, what the hell is that even supposed to mean? You better not be implying what I think you are, which is f&*king sick. I'm only 23 myself.

Horrificus
Originally posted by Soljer
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Don't have to be a dick.

The question remains. Was this later referred to on pannel has napalm? Or is the ONLY reference to it "nuke"?

Hm?

Like I said, it is NOT representative of Wolverines abilities, and as far as this thread goes, he DEFINITELY dies. I don't care about that. I still remain curious, however.

Hahaha. I'm sorry.
I thought it was funny. To be a dick.
Sorry.
Still laughing over here...

Horrificus

That's what I've been saying!
It is sooooo stupid.
If a cell is encased in adamantium, it's useless.
If it's not encased in adamantium, it is as vulnerable as everything else.
Especially to radiation.
Really terrible writing, continuity control, etc.

Stupid, pot-smoking, save-the-whales-yelling, flip-flop-wearing, parent's-cellar-living, wearing-a-dress-for-Stan-Lee ing, dumb writers!

harri
dgfegaib,

Sub_Mariner
Originally posted by harri
dgfegaib,

You are doing my f*cking head in now.

STOP SPAMMING!!!!!!!FFS.

batdude123
Superman: Just dandy
Silver Surfer: Swell
Thor: Okay
Hulk: Fine
Green Lantern: Good

Iron Man: Dead
Wolverine: Dead
Spiderman: Dead
Venom: Dead

Horrificus
Dude!
For God's sake!if there is a "pore" or something, radiation is going to get in.
As a matter of fact, even if it is totally encased, (for some lame reason) in adamantium, the heat will just cook the tissue in the metal.
Holy crap.
They are destroying the youth of today with scientific
hoodie-whatsis!

Horrificus
If the Maestro is arguably the strongest, or one of the strongest Hulks, and also more able to handle, filter and absorb radiation than any other Hulk, why did the Gamma Bomb kill him?

Tha C-Master
completely agree.

It just seems his supporters ignore inconsistencies/impossibilitie with him but like to point to PIS for anything hard to believe that Wolverine does. Inconsistencies where? Spiderman isn't bulletproof but he has the skeletal and muscalstature to support his lifting strength, if you read comics, or even wikipedia you would have known that. no expression

masterbruce
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
Inconsistencies where? Spiderman isn't bulletproof but he has the skeletal and muscalstature to support his lifting strength, if you read comics, or even wikipedia you would have known that. no expression

If you can punch through steel, then your skin would be pretty much unbreakable and prob bulletproof.

Zahit
WTF are you talking about? "trolling for impressionable young boys"...um, what the hell is that even supposed to mean? You better not be implying what I think you are, which is f&*king sick. I'm only 23 myself.
so then you are just plain stupid?
or a fanatical wolvie-worshiper?

Accel
If the Maestro is arguably the strongest, or one of the strongest Hulks, and also more able to handle, filter and absorb radiation than any other Hulk, why did the Gamma Bomb kill him?
I just told you. Gamma radiation has various effects.

There's no telling what effect it will have on Hulk each time he experiences another gamma explosion.

Accel
If you can punch through steel, then your skin would be pretty much unbreakable and prob bulletproof.
Using that logic, any one can break a board of wood has skin as hard as wood.

Tha C-Master
If you can punch through steel, then your skin would be pretty much unbreakable and prob bulletproof. Nope... You're about to open yourself into a very embarrasing and debateable mistake. laughing

masterbruce
or a fanatical wolvie-worshiper?

how old are you? I'm still waiting for an apology for your previous comment, which was kinda sick.

Look, you may think it's complete horseshit PIS that wolverine survives a nuke, but the FACT is that it is IN the comics. So it's not like I'm just making something up with no basis. Wolverine has also on more than one occasion completely regenerated after being reduced to a skeleton, thus this was not even just a ONE TIME PIS event.

and stop being so offensive. mad mad mad

Tha C-Master
or a fanatical wolvie-worshiper? They're mutually exclusive now? confused

masterbruce
Originally posted by Accel
Using that logic, any one can break a board of wood has skin as hard as wood.

ppl break through a board of wood because it has structural weakpoints. It's also usually a piece of board that isn't think.

But if I had a thick piece of wood and you punch a hole through it, then your skin has to harder than wood.

Dinalfos

He's neither the strongest nor the most durable. His physique is basically an amped version of Prof. Hulk, who wasn't very durable compared to the older Hulks. Besides that, Hulk and gamma radiation have a bit of a love-hate relationship.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>