Competition of willpower

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

masterbruce
Who has the greatest willpower? Rank them

Thing
Wolverine
Spiderman
Captain America
Superman
Batman

NO Green Lanterns

golem370
A good first start Wolverine when he had his Adamantium ripped out by Magneto

DigiMark007
Originally posted by golem370
A good first start Wolverine when he had his Adamantium ripped out by Magneto

That's not willpower, it's called getting owned. stick out tongue

...maybe pain tolerance, but yeah, that doesn't have much to do with will.

Probably the boy-scouts....at least based on how their companies write them most times. I'd have Spidey right after them though, and would remind everyone of the time he lifted (arguably) hundreds of tons of steel off of himself because he needed to get some antidote to Aunt May to save her life. Then Bats a close 4th, and Logan last.

golem370

DigiMark007
Um, nice scans and such. Good argument. But Hulk's not part of the discussion.

Priest
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Um, nice scans and such. Good argument. But Hulk's not part of the discussion.
Ur sig is making me dizzy wacko

Accel
It's nearly impossible to say who's willpower is greater than another's imo.

In any dire situation, neither of these guys would give up until they saved the day or died.

Galan777
Originally posted by masterbruce

Thing
Wolverine
Spiderman
Captain America
Superman
Batman

NO Green Lanterns

1. Cap. America
2. Batman
3. Superman
4. Thing
5. Spider-Man
6. Wolvie

IMO

lando005
Originally posted by masterbruce

Thing
Wolverine
Spiderman
Captain America
Superman
Batman

NO Green Lanterns

i would have to say

1. thing
2. superman
3. spider-man
4. batman
5. captain america
6. wolverine

Soljer
Deadpool.

smile.

He not only defeated the techno-organic virus through sheer willpower, he's also one of the ONLY comic book characters to be self-aware.

These other guys are just kidding themselves, I'd LOVE to see Deadpool with a lantern ring.

It would be simultaneously hilarious and awe inspiring.

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by lando005
i would have to say

1. thing
2. superman
3. spider-man
4. batman
5. captain america
6. wolverine

Why Thing first? What the f**k?

rotiart
I'd have to go:

1. Captain America- The guy is standing up to the entire U.S. Government, He's getting pounded on by Spiderman, His face broken in by Iron man, and he still stands.
2. Batman- He saw his parents killed as a child, and turned the trauma into a thing of fury.
3. Thing- .... he's ugly... if he didn't have willpower.. He woulda offed himself by now.
4. Superman- The god has to resist using his xray vision every time he passes by jessica alba's home. Can you say you'd have that much willpower? ....
5. Spiderman- meh
6. Wolverine- He overcompensates for his size... its sad.

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by rotiart
I'd have to go:

1. Captain America- The guy is standing up to the entire U.S. Government, He's getting pounded on by Spiderman, His face broken in by Iron man, and he still stands.
2. Batman- He saw his parents killed as a child, and turned the trauma into a thing of fury.
3. Thing- .... he's ugly... if he didn't have willpower.. He woulda offed himself by now.
4. Superman- The god has to resist using his xray vision every time he passes by jessica alba's home. Can you say you'd have that much willpower? ....
5. Spiderman- meh
6. Wolverine- He overcompensates for his size... its sad.

eek! laughing laughing

DigiMark007
*waits for a "Thing has heart" argument*

And really guys, only Superman and/or Cap should be above Spidey. Cap standing after the Iron Man thrashing isn't anything Spidey hasn't done dozens of times....it's just more recent, so everyone cites it as undeniable proof that he's more badass.

And Bats is sweet and brilliant and all, but he's not quite the type that just pounds people's faces in....he's usually more subtle. I'd wager he has a lot less "willpower" showings than most of these characters.

Brian Oswald
What about Gladiator?

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by DigiMark007
*waits for a "Thing has heart" argument*

And really guys, only Superman and/or Cap should be above Spidey. Cap standing after the Iron Man thrashing isn't anything Spidey hasn't done dozens of times....it's just more recent, so everyone cites it as undeniable proof that he's more badass.

Yeah...

But, for me, what puts Cap higher is the memory of him standing up to Thanos, when he was apparently the last one able to, saying he couldnt claim victory as long as at least one person stood against him

Oh, and Ben's heart >>> Any GL

braz
willpower u say? which IMO involves pain tolerance as well, and with that healing factor, Wolverines gotta be madd tough.

1. Batman- no superpowers, but keeps up with the best and still comes out victorious. need i say more?
2. Wolverine-mad pain tolerance because of his healing factor. because he can undergo EXTREMELY painful, fatal injuries w/o dying. example: some people at Weapon X would pick on Wolverine by shooting him about 10 times knowing he'd recover. thats like. torture and builds major willpower big time later on.
3. Captain America
4. Spiderman
5. Thing
6. Superman- relies on nothing but superpowers basically erm

DigiMark007
Originally posted by braz
willpower u say? which IMO involves pain tolerance as well, and with that healing factor, Wolverines gotta be madd tough.

1. Batman- no superpowers, but keeps up with the best and still comes out victorious. need i say more?
2. Wolverine-mad pain tolerance because of his healing factor. because he can undergo EXTREMELY painful, fatal injuries w/o dying. example: some people at Weapon X would pick on Wolverine by shooting him about 10 times knowing he'd recover. thats like. torture and builds major willpower big time later on.

See, both valid respones....but not really for willpower imo. I'd classify your defense of Bats as points toward his intelligence and resourcefulness, not necessarily willpower. And pain tolerance is different as well, though at least more closely related.

lando005
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
Why Thing first? What the f**k? think about it he's been cursed with being an ugly rock monster and nomatter how much he helps people nomatter what he does people for the most part are all the same they still only see a monster and they forget about the man he cant ever hope to truely fit in and have a normal life i mean what if he wants to start a family one day it must be overwhelmingly tempting for ben to take out his sarrows on the world but to be able to show that much restraint every single day and press on and to make a life out of it that in my eyes is the greatest show of will power i can think of life to one big stinky dump on him he has every right in the world to go on a rampage but he doesnt and he wont if that's not will power i dont know what is

I watch Pokemon

ExtraMision5555
Originally posted by Soljer
Deadpool.

smile.

He not only defeated the techno-organic virus through sheer willpower, he's also one of the ONLY comic book characters to be self-aware.

These other guys are just kidding themselves, I'd LOVE to see Deadpool with a lantern ring.

It would be simultaneously hilarious and awe inspiring.

thumb up

brainchild81
Originally posted by braz

3. Captain America
4. Spiderman
5. Thing
6. Superman- relies on nothing but superpowers basically erm Ditto on Supes.

1.Spidey--I've heard that "if not for the sheer willpower of Spider-Man" line too many times to not give him 1st. Been through so much s**t and does what's right even if public don't appreciate it.
2.Cap--Q: "Anything that would stop you from being a hero"
Cap's answer: Death.....maybe.
3. Batman: PIS aside. Dude's shown great will. Went long as f**k w/out sleep chasing down loonies during nightfall. I woulda just started shooting bad guys in the head after a while.
4.Thing. Hasn't jumped into the river yet.
5.Wolvie: not extremely hard to have will power and keep goin' on when you have a power that helps you keep goin' on and can heal up from almost anything
6. Superman- relies on nothing but superpowers basically erm

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.