Sephiroth vs Solid Snake

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

KronikSausage
Sephiroth off of Final Fantasy 7 in his standard form, with masurame (no black materia) but with all his other normal materia.

Against Solid Snake off of Metal Gear with all his weapons including rocket launchers mines ect...

Who will win?

TricksterPriest
*cough* Spite thread. *cough*

IceJaw
Yeah and it's Masamune, not Masarume erm

Burning thought
yes spite indeed....Solid easily takes it

Blax X
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
*cough* Spite thread. *cough*

Kaled
Originally posted by Burning thought
yes spite indeed....Solid easily takes it

not so certain, in all fairness sephiroth has dispatched loads of shinra soilders with similar weapons, not like 1st class soilder dies easily sides sephiroth annihilated Zack. Plus with all of him materia.... if this is one sided its to sephiroth

TricksterPriest
The only possible way for Snake to have a chance would be to give him Metal Gear Ray. Even then I think Seph might win.

kamikz
Hmm since my Sephiroth knowledge is lacking......

Can he see invisible people?
Can he block/dodge bullets?

MadMel
blocking and dodging yes, seeing invisible, i doubt it..

SpadeKing
Originally posted by kamikz
Hmm since my Sephiroth knowledge is lacking......

Can he see invisible people?
Can he block/dodge bullets?

He can take bullets head on anyway *cough*Barret*cough*

the invisible thing wouldn't make a difference cause Snake couldn't even harm him ermm

kamikz
Where did he take bullets?

Kaled
snake couldn't beat sephiroth, total mismatch

kamikz
Originally posted by kamikz
Where did he take bullets?

IceJaw
More like "when did he take bullets?", bullets can't hit Seph, he's way too fast and he could do some magic spells to kill Snake instantly.

Tooooooootal missmatch

Snake wouldn't even stand a chance if his "relatives" came marching in with Metal gears erm

Soljer
Zack was shown casually dodging bullets in the Advent Children anime. CASUALLY.

And Zack was never ANYWHERE NEAR the power level of the characters throughout the game, much less Sephiroth.

IceJaw
Saw that and yeah, Zack is not as good Seph or Cloud.

But he was a high ranked SOLDIER, right?

Superboy Prime
I'd just like to point out Snake's nickname "The man that makes the impossible possible." I give Snake 1/10 simply because of his nickname, plus he has proven time and again to overcome incredible odds before. However Sephiroth is a powerhouse and I hate him and I love Snake, so it pains me to see Snake lose so bad.

Edit: If you make it no magic/materia it's a much more even matchup.

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by Soljer
Zack was shown casually dodging bullets in the Advent Children anime. CASUALLY.

And Zack was never ANYWHERE NEAR the power level of the characters throughout the game, much less Sephiroth.

I disagree. In my opinion Zack was much stronger than Cloud during most of FF7's crusade up until near the end when Cloud finally adresses his trauma and finds strength from within.

Kaled
Originally posted by Superboy Prime
I disagree. In my opinion Zack was much stronger than Cloud during most of FF7's crusade up until near the end when Cloud finally adresses his trauma and finds strength from within.

got to agree, i know what i'm about to rely on is a bit far fetched but. Sephiroth was lvl 50 when he was good, so its safe to assume Zack would be about level 35 (cloud was level 1 because otherwise it wouldn't fit storywise) so you do have to get a good way in to the game before cloud overtakes, he only become oviously more powerful after he finds himself. I know that a little out, but you see my point, right?

kamikz
Originally posted by IceJaw
More like "when did he take bullets?", bullets can't hit Seph, he's way too fast and he could do some magic spells to kill Snake instantly.

Tooooooootal missmatch

Snake wouldn't even stand a chance if his "relatives" came marching in with Metal gears erm

I wanted to know "where" in the game he took bullets, so no, both ways work!

Soljer
Originally posted by Kaled
got to agree, i know what i'm about to rely on is a bit far fetched but. Sephiroth was lvl 50 when he was good, so its safe to assume Zack would be about level 35 (cloud was level 1 because otherwise it wouldn't fit storywise) so you do have to get a good way in to the game before cloud overtakes, he only become oviously more powerful after he finds himself. I know that a little out, but you see my point, right?

Meh, even if you want to rate Zack as around level 35, most people get to level 60-70 throughout the game. That would mean that well over half the game would be spent more powerful than Zack.

And not just Cloud, either, but all the main characters.

Kaled
Originally posted by Soljer
Meh, even if you want to rate Zack as around level 35, most people get to level 60-70 throughout the game. That would mean that well over half the game would be spent more powerful than Zack.

And not just Cloud, either, but all the main characters.

apparently poeple have finished the game at lvl 28, i always finish at least lvl 89, that was my lowest ever, and i think it was cait sith, i'm usually like 50 by the end of the first disc lol

Soljer
Originally posted by Kaled
apparently poeple have finished the game at lvl 28, i always finish at least lvl 89, that was my lowest ever, and i think it was cait sith, i'm usually like 50 by the end of the first disc lol

Running LLP games(lowest level possible), yeah, people have finished at 28.

Generally, people beat it around 60-70. Others sit around and level up to just try to out power whatever they have to face, rather than devise a superior strategy and take it on at a lower level.

Regardless of what level ANYONE finishes it at. Fact is, at the end of the game, ALL the characters (Cait Sith Friggin Included) are quite a bit more powerful than Zack even COULD have been.

And Zack treated bullets like mere annoyances.

Snake is toast.

Superboy Prime
Shame Zack had to go and take on Sephiroth by himself when he knew he couldn't beat him. Jenova only knows just how powerful he might have gotten in the hands of the player.

Superboy Prime
For the record Snake dodges bullets quite easily I am afraid. And not just machine gun bullets but fricking turrets that belong to either a chopper or an F16. So both are quite fast. Besides Snake's whole ofense does not rely on firearms only. He is an expert stealth commando. In my opinion without Materia this would have been a much better matchup.

Kaled
For the record Snake dodges bullets quite easily I am afraid. And not just machine gun bullets but fricking turrets that belong to either a chopper or an F16. So both are quite fast. Besides Snake's whole ofense does not rely on firearms only. He is an expert stealth commando. In my opinion without Materia this would have been a much better matchup.

nah, snake is not even on the same level as sephiroth, sephiroth superior melee skills make for an easy win.

kamikz
How superior really? Didn't we have a thread where most people believed that Gray Fox would be kind of equal to Seprioth in a melee sword duel?

TricksterPriest
Frank Jaegar (Gray Fox) had an extremely high power exo-skeleton fitted to his body. You can't compare Snake's strength to his. And for the record, I personally believe Gray Fox could beat Sephiroth in a melee duel. Snake can't win this. Sephiroth having materia gives him too much of an advantage. Minus the materia, snake has a shot if he can trap Sephiroth. But Seph eviscerates Snake at close range.

Aranwe Valuin
I'd just like to say... even though I'm sick of all the Sephiroth match ups, it's kinda pathetic when you have to take away all of his powers just to make it fair on the little guys... even then he's still powerful. So, try piting Sephiroth against someone who can handle his powers completely instead of taking them all away. Because if in some weird way Snake and Sephiroth did meet... Sephy will have his powers and he will D-E-S-T-R-O-Y Snake without as much as a side ways glance.

kamikz
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Frank Jaegar (Gray Fox) had an extremely high power exo-skeleton fitted to his body. You can't compare Snake's strength to his. And for the record, I personally believe Gray Fox could beat Sephiroth in a melee duel. Snake can't win this. Sephiroth having materia gives him too much of an advantage. Minus the materia, snake has a shot if he can trap Sephiroth. But Seph eviscerates Snake at close range.

Except Snake beat Fox. confused

Kayne Archeron
well, if there's people who can beat Seph at lvl 28/29 (i myself did it at lvl 47), then there's got to be some category of characters who can defeat Seph

Superboy Prime
To be honest you just can't compare a reality grounded character like Solid Snake to Sephiroth, so no wonder I'm asking to ground Sephiroth to reality, unless of course you want to give Snake materia. Either way fine by me. I honestly doubt Sephiroth is that superior to Snake in melee combat. True he has that gigantic sword, but Snake did take on Gray Fox and managed to defeat him. While there's some PIS involved in that match up there's no way going around the fact Snake beat an opponent which was not only superior to him in strength, speed and power but also experience.

Edit: Besides Twin Snakes Solid Snake is capable of taking on Advent Children Sephiroth.

IceJaw
When Gray Fox fought Snake, he wasn't using his sword.

And Snake didn't exactly beat him, Fox went crazy and rampaged the place and disappeared

Superboy Prime
Actually in Twin Snakes they have a match prior to their encounter with Hal Emmerich and their fight ended up in a draw. He was using the HF Blade then and he even threw a piece of the roof at Snake. In their second fight Snake really beat him. He sent him smashing against the Super Computers and afterwards Cyborg went bersek. The match was officially over then.

kamikz
Yup! ^

And though it was a draw in the first fight, Gray Fox ran away, not Snake. Snake even made a comment when talking to the Colonel after their second fight, that he didn't want to kill Gray Fox, but he could if he needed to.

Aranwe Valuin
Although that's awesome and yes Twin Snakes was really good... how is Gray Fox relevant (sp?) to the topic? I don't really want to vote in this because Seph has basicly no skills except Masamune and his speed... unless you took that too. I still say he would win, but I really do think Sephiroth should be put up against someone of his own calibur... and not Ganandorf again please.... or however you spell his name.

IceJaw
Please, cut the bullshit erm

Superboy Prime
How is Grey Fox relevant? He is relevant because

a) Gray Fox also has a bladed weapon and is quite skilled with it. He also has super-human speed comparable to Seph's if not faster and his endurance in the exo-skelleton is top notch.

and

b) Snake managed to draw him in their first encounter and beat him in the second.

Not only is Fox exo-skelleton superior to Snake's speed, strength and endurance it also camouflages him something Sephiroth is not able to do as far as we have seen. I brought the Fox match to the table to point out Snake managed to beat an opponent who does not only have superior strength, speed, endurance and experience than him but also has a powerful Blade capable of cutting through virtually anything. Realistically speaking the masamune would be useless in close quarters and granted Snake's resume as an expert stealth commando I don't find it to be a stretch for Snake to take the battle up-close and personal. For those thinking that would be suicide please note that Snake did dodge several of Gray Fox's HF blade slashes and managed to aim his weapon right at Fox's forhead. Should the fight go that way it would depend on Sephiroth's durability and if he is able to take a bullet to the brain ala Vamp.

I am not claiming Snake will win 9/10 because it's just not possible, but it's possible for Solid Snake at the top of his game to score one if not two or three victories. However this would only be possible if Sephiroth didn't have materia. If he does well game over.

Kaled
How is Grey Fox relevant? He is relevant because

a) Gray Fox also has a bladed weapon and is quite skilled with it. He also has super-human speed comparable to Seph's if not faster and his endurance in the exo-skelleton is top notch.

and

b) Snake managed to draw him in their first encounter and beat him in the second.

Not only is Fox exo-skelleton superior to Snake's speed, strength and endurance it also camouflages him something Sephiroth is not able to do as far as we have seen. I brought the Fox match to the table to point out Snake managed to beat an opponent who does not only have superior strength, speed, endurance and experience than him but also has a powerful Blade capable of cutting through virtually anything. Realistically speaking the masamune would be useless in close quarters and granted Snake's resume as an expert stealth commando I don't find it to be a stretch for Snake to take the battle up-close and personal. For those thinking that would be suicide please note that Snake did dodge several of Gray Fox's HF blade slashes and managed to aim his weapon right at Fox's forhead. Should the fight go that way it would depend on Sephiroth's durability and if he is able to take a bullet to the brain ala Vamp.

I am not claiming Snake will win 9/10 because it's just not possible, but it's possible for Solid Snake at the top of his game to score one if not two or three victories. However this would only be possible if Sephiroth didn't have materia. If he does well game over.

we all agree that the materia is overkill i think

you cannot compare Grey Fox to Sephiroth, in terms of skill Sephiroth is years ahead of Snake and Fox. How do you figure Fox is stronger than Sephiroth, he slays dragons in 2 strikes, he used a tree as a weapon against the midgar Zolam (or whatever that serpent is) he can cuts skyscrapers in two with a single swipe. camouflage, sephiorth appears out from the floor, he doesn't need to camouflage, he's way beyond that. Endurance, sephiroth ultimate ally, he doesn't get tired, ever, the only time he's show any endurence weakness was when cloud stabbed him with the buster sword, than would kill snake easily. Its obvious that Sephiroth is a mile Tougher than Fox in any area.

In terms of Sephiroth vs Snake itself, the idea snake can shoot Sephiorth was already throw out of the bram, sephiorth is way too fast for that. I fail to see how snake can take him in close quaters, "even among the top ranks of SOLDIER Sephiroth was know to be the Best" Sephiorth fought in the great war, and decieded battles with his blade, its going to take more than a commando to take him out

Superboy Prime
Yeah yeah I'm through playing Devil's Advocate and accept the fact Snake loses to Sephiroth. I still give Snake a win out of ten though since it's Snake.

Terryc250
Sephiroth with ease,
He can take bullets no problem, cloud took a straight bullet to the head in FF7 AC, and he was fine,
Zack was able to dodge machine guns easy, and Sephiroth is 10x superior then zack
Watch FF7 AC and the last part where Sephiroth and Cloud battles, they tear down huge buildings and fly around no problem, Solid doesnt stand a chance

Guilty Gear
Lol wtf is this...

Violent2Dope
Originally posted by Aranwe Valuin
Although that's awesome and yes Twin Snakes was really good... how is Gray Fox relevant (sp?) to the topic? I don't really want to vote in this because Seph has basicly no skills except Masamune and his speed... unless you took that too. I still say he would win, but I really do think Sephiroth should be put up against someone of his own calibur... and not Ganandorf again please.... or however you spell his name. As a fanboy I must point this out, Ganon beats Seph. Anyway why did you necro this thread where the winner is obvious?

Superboy Prime
Why was this revived...I did not need to re-read my acceptance of Snake losing to this sad excuse of a villain.

Snake all the ****ing way.

Originally posted by Terryc250
Sephiroth with ease,
He can take bullets no problem, cloud took a straight bullet to the head in FF7 AC, and he was fine,
Zack was able to dodge machine guns easy, and Sephiroth is 10x superior then zack
Watch FF7 AC and the last part where Sephiroth and Cloud battles, they tear down huge buildings and fly around no problem, Solid doesnt stand a chance

Cloud actually died when he was shot at the end of AC. Plus he was not shot in the head, genius. Although Sephiroth is more powerful and skilled than Zack we don't have an exact number of just how much more powerful he is.

ThoraxeRMG
Spite Thread.

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by ThoraxeRMG
Spite Thread.

Post funny pics instead.

Spite!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.