diversity on lost *spoilers* (dont read if your not up to date)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

forumcrew
Now Eko has been killed off and we dont see Rose. Also 2 new white characters are emerging with more prominant roles. Add to that the fact that the others are all white (we havnt seen the black woman other who dealt with walt reeally) and the show seems to be getting less and less diversified.

InnerRise
Exactly what I was saying in the other thread, but in different and more simpler words.

It's something to think about.

anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by forumcrew
Now Eko has been killed off and we dont see Rose. Also 2 new white characters are emerging with more prominant roles. Add to that the fact that the others are all white (we havnt seen the black woman other who dealt with walt reeally) and the show seems to be getting less and less diversified.

The new guy isn't white...He's Spanish (Brazilian?)...But I agree with you; it is getting less diverse. The Daily Show had a funny segment about American Diversity and they used the actors of Lost to show the statistics.

SpaceMonkey
Hmmm, great point. Wonder if they'll kill off Jin and Sun soon.

forumcrew
Originally posted by SpaceMonkey
Hmmm, great point. Wonder if they'll kill off Jin and Sun soon.

well i doubt they are trying to go all "white power" on the lost island, but it is surprising they introduced so many new white characters and now desmond seems more full time.

also i mean the black guys have murdered two innocent people, was a deadbeat dad (sorta) and dealt with drugs.. thats not stereotypical or anything. (not saying they are the only ones shown with issues)

Darth Vicious
Depends how u look at it. Sure I could be pissed that there are no Latino characters in LOST and the one that they brought in was killed a few episodes later but not before having her sleep with a character. Or I could see the positive side in that the "white folks" are gonna be suffering for a while and no latinos or blacks will get hurt in the process. big grin

Quincy
Does it really matter? Who cares?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.