remake of day of the dead

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

xblanex
and a new one from romero - Diary of the Dead

definately looking forward to these.
although, i hope the new one from romero is more dawn of the dead than land of the dead.
LOTD was too over done..

LaHaine
i heard diary of the dead is going to be a cannibal holocaust/blair witch type scenerio and takes place during the timeframe of the original night of the living dead.

SelphieT
fcuk yeah I'm gonna see that then.

Land of the Dead was okay.........but it could have been soooooo much better! Lets hope this is a thousand times better.

xblanex
Originally posted by LaHaine
i heard diary of the dead is going to be a cannibal holocaust/blair witch type scenerio and takes place during the timeframe of the original night of the living dead.

Yeah i actually read that too.
Like some film students come across some zombies or some shit

Espantada23
Sounds interesting...and I thought Land of the Dead was awful...but I'd like to see what they do with Day of the Dead.

Wolfie
After seeing the trailer, this doesn't excite me as much. It looks like the only similarities to the original is that it has zombies and involves the military.

I find it interesting that Ving Rhames is in this. Maybe this is what they were talking about when they were discussing Dawn of the Dead 2.

Solo
Well it's just raw footage, so I still have hope.

Wolfie
Originally posted by Wolfie
After seeing the trailer, this doesn't excite me as much. It looks like the only similarities to the original is that it has zombies and involves the military.

I find it interesting that Ving Rhames is in this. Maybe this is what they were talking about when they were discussing Dawn of the Dead 2.
Sorry, I didn't read the first post here, though I should've.

Since the topic is called "remake of day of the dead," I was under the impression that this was about the remake of Day of the Dead.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f58/t418644.html

Espantada23
It is...and about some new one called "Diary of the Dead"...that I haven't even heard of yet.

xblanex
****ing nick cannon is in it.
ugh.

Espantada23
Nick Cannon?Is that that kid that was in like a series of lame movies including one that was like about a cop going undercover as a student or something?LAME!

Nordicdusk
Im looking forward to both movies and i agree that land of the dead was not the best.

Espantada23
Land of the Dead was awful...I expected much better.

vintageSW77
Its better the second watch

Espantada23
Will I need to be under the influence too?'Cause it was really bad.

vintageSW77
Yip

Espantada23
Then I will stock up on booze and tranquilizers

Espantada23
Okay I just watched the trailer for Day of the Dead...and I hate to admit it...but it looks pretty interesting,but I don't think it's the same storyline as the original...Ving Rhames is a plus,but it's got Nick Cannon and Mena Suvari so that kinda kills it for me....but hopefully they get killed off I doubt it 'cause they look like the hero's...well,maybe not Nick...he might get turned...It's supposed to be out in April of '07 so we shall see then.

Pandemoniac
By the looks of the trailer it is nothing like the original. Seems like just another zombie movie with some cabin fever and 28 days later pinches in it. To much of a catwalk cast as well.
Land of the Dead was al ready disapointing, and that came from the hands of the master. I doubt this movie will make a mark.

Espantada23
True...My sentiments about Land of the Dead have already been made known...we'll see what happens with the Day of the Dead one when it comes out.

Pandemoniac
I'll give it a look for sure, but most likely when it's out on dvd. Might include it at as a starter on a movie fest, with more promising movies following it

Zilverz
looks ok

there is 0% chance of it being better than the original Day of the Dead

Espantada23
I seriously doubt I'll go to the theatre to see it,I rarely do,so I'll be waiting for it's release on DVD as well...no way I'm spending 17 bucks to see trash in a packed theatre and loud kids...I'll enjoy it in the privacy of my own isolation for a wopping 3 bucks...as I did for LAnd of the Dead...and I still want my 3 bucks back for that one.

vintageSW77
that looks like a load of crap
why aint it a sequel to the DAWN remake
why have Ving Rhames in it if hes playin a different character...whats the point of that
why the bullsh1t macho one liners more suited to a 2fast 2 furious style flick
why does it look like a straight to dvd style sci fi channel/horror channel movie
why call it DAY OF THE DEAD when it looks like its set mostly at night
why are these remakes f*****g with my fave movie genre
why does it on the evidence of the trailer make Resident Evil look like a f*****g masterpiece!!

what a let down.

vintageSW77
And to quote the trailer which doesnt get ANY better after a second viewing

"ITS A BAD DAY TO BE A ZOMBIE..............fan"

Espantada23
LMAO...Damn that Nick Cannon Quote is lame.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.