Drax vs Hulk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

juggernaut66666
Who wins?

Rewmac
Drax. Man how could you even match up The Hulk against Drax. But please don't say current Drax. He is small and he can't even fly. So Drax The Destroyer with all his powers.

Brutacus
Originally posted by Rewmac
Drax. Man how could you even match up The Hulk against Drax. But please don't say current Drax. He is small and he can't even fly. So Drax The Destroyer with all his powers.

Euh current Drax doesn't really look that weak to me, didn't he stay behind on that exploding planet, so he could give the others time to escape???
Ok he might not be able to fly.
But that's the only thing.

Rewmac
I know but against the Hulk you need to a brutlal f'uck or a strong dude. Dunno, they haven't showed that much of Drax.

Brutacus
I know but against the Hulk you need to a brutlal f'uck or a strong dude. Dunno, they haven't showed that much of Drax.

Well he looks more brutal now than before, he's still in or over the 100 ton range right???
The way he is now, this could be a good fight.
Iff we say current hulk and Drax.
Drax would still win even thow hulk seems to be getting stronger and stronger on that planet, and I like his personallity he's like the gray hulk.

Wally West
I bet current Drax kills Thanos in Annihilation messed

juggernaut66666
Originally posted by Wally West
laughing

Priest
Originally posted by Wally West
Blasphemy!

python99
Didnt these 2 alrady battle it out? Drax pretty much bullied Hulk around. I dont know how much times they fought but I will give Hulk 6/10

Rewmac
Drax is the winner here. No matter which version of him there is.

Tshern
Drax is the winner here. No matter which version of him there is.

You deduced that from the massive amount of feats current Drax has?

golem370
If Drax is pissed Drax If Drax is just playing around Hulk

Horrificus
Drax wins.
Any Drax.

There was the first Drax, which was kind of a Captian Marvel Drax. Fast, strong, smart with energy weapons.

Next, Drax basically becomes Hulk with more power potential, flight, hyper speed, even stronger energy blasts, but dumb.

Finally, a more of a grounded Surfer with knives,and no energy tricks.

First one could not beat Hulk.

Second one can beat Hulk.

Third one, I just don't know yet. Anybody know what kind of feats,and what kind of a record he has?

Rewmac
Originally posted by Tshern
You deduced that from the massive amount of feats current Drax has?

You know what?? Yes. I hate when people come in and play tough. Read Annihilation 2-3. Drax showed himself pretty tough. Read Nove 2-4 and you'll see why I 'm saying Drax would win.
And Classic Drax...Well. You can't really say he hasn't got any appearences.

Originally posted by golem370
If Drax is pissed Drax If Drax is just playing around Hulk

If we say current Drax. Well he wasn't really playing around in Annihilaion 2-3.

Originally posted by Horrificus

Third one, I just don't know yet. Anybody know what kind of feats,and what kind of a record he has?

He seems wiser a lot wiser. And he seems kinda smart. But he stayed a brutal force...

Tshern
You know what?? Yes. I hate when people come in and play tough. Read Annihilation 2-3. Drax showed himself pretty tough. Read Nove 2-4 and you'll see why I 'm saying Drax would win.
And Classic Drax...Well. You can't really say he hasn't got any appearences.

Sorry, didn't mean to sound rude. It's pretty difficult to get the tone through via internet. No hard feelings?

And I've read them. He is a badass for sure, but I still think Hulk has more feats to back up his superiority. It's of course easy to say Hulk has better feats, he's been around a lot longer and so forth, and that's why I say it is a very close match if he fights current Drax. Drax lacks some abilities he had previously but is a lot smarter now, it gives him somekind of an edge.

And in my opinion classic Drax should take the match, he has too much versatility for Hulk.

golem370
First Drax only lifted 40 tons Thor has beat Drax twice Hulk has beat Thor

Tshern
Originally posted by golem370
First Drax only lifted 40 tons Thor has beat Drax twice Hulk has beat Thor
With 'classic' we probably mean the one that fights in Infinity Crusade for example. Thor losing to Hulk is utter PIS, he has all the abilities necessary to beat Hulk 10/10 effortlessly.

Rewmac
Originally posted by Tshern
Sorry, didn't mean to sound rude. It's pretty difficult to get the tone through via internet. No hard feelings?

And I've read them. He is a badass for sure, but I still think Hulk has more feats to back up his superiority. It's of course easy to say Hulk has better feats, he's been around a lot longer and so forth, and that's why I say it is a very close match if he fights current Drax. Drax lacks some abilities he had previously but is a lot smarter now, it gives him somekind of an edge.

And in my opinion classic Drax should take the match, he has too much versatility for Hulk.

Hulk is the biggest overrated character by Marvel. I don't know why they star him too much. You don't need +200 tons strenght to beat the Hulk. Everybody seems to forget that. And, no hard feelings.

Tshern
Hulk is the biggest overrated character by Marvel. I don't know why they star him too much. You don't need +200 tons strenght to beat the Hulk. Everybody seems to forget that. And, no hard feelings.
Yeah, you don't need strength like that but it sure helps a lot. Hulk can dish out such massive amounts of damage when he gets angry that I doubt current Drax can take it. Well, I can't tell because there aren't that many feats.

Drax should try to take Hulk out quick. That's usually a good method of defeating him.

Anyways, I'm still saying it is a very close match.

Rewmac
Hulk needs a HEADcut big grin

Sub_Mariner

golem370
Alright the Tale of the Tape

Classic Hulk strongest version vs Drax with Power Gem
Height 7foot Height 7foot4
Weight 1,040 vs Weight 1,050
Full Potenial Strength limitless vs Strength with Power Gem limitless
running speed enchanced vs running speed enchanced
Stamina metahuman +++ vs Stamina metahuman +++
Durability Demi-Godlike +++ vs Durability Demi-Godlike +++
reflexes athlete vs Reflexes Athlete
agility athlete vs Agility Athlete
Fight ability No Skill but effective vs Fight ability No Skill but effective
No Flight vs Sub-light speed flight
energy blasts none vs energy blast concussive blasts
equal on all but two things Hulk can't fly and doesn't have enegy blasts
Hulk has been around longer I would give the slight advantage over Drax in fighting ability. I saw Drax with only 6/10 times

Also all you Hulk haters He has beaten Hyperion Gladiator Galaxy Master Rhino Abomination Thor and went toe to toe with 4 very powerful Avengers and held his own he has fought Pre-Crisis Superman for a while He fought the Celestial Order creatures and many other he has proven himself as a power house and respectible Comic Character so back off mad

Dinalfos
Well, Power Gem Drax has more efficient access to his physical power. I'm not saying Hulk couldn't hold his own in a slugfest, though, because anger comes naturally to him. But still, the Gem is far more efficient.

Horrificus

Didn't Thor beat Hulk with a storm and a flood once?
I think he did.

Galan777
I'm leaning towards Drax on this one

Horrificus
Originally posted by Dinalfos
Well, Power Gem Drax has more efficient access to his physical power. I'm not saying Hulk couldn't hold his own in a slugfest, though, because anger comes naturally to him. But still, the Gem is far more efficient.

I agree.

Yes, Hulk can get stronger as he gets madder. But, when they say his strength potential is limitless, that is just opinion. It is based on anger, and availability of gamma radiation to fuel the increases.
And, those increases are not instantaneous, and they can only come in the even of a "trigger". Anger.

Drax just, plain, has limitless power. All the power in the universe, including the Hulk's, I would imagine.
Right then and there. No waiting,no triggers. Just power. Bango.

juggernaut66666
What is Drax biggest feat with his blasts?

Accel
Classic Dumb Drax should win due to a versatility advantage, not to mention his durability is insane. However, his overwhelming stupidity is a huge factor to consider.

Current Drax would lose against Savage Hulk, but would most likely whoop current Hulk.

Rewmac
Didn't Thor beat Hulk with a storm and a flood once?
I think he did.

And didn't Hulk beat him back one day???

Just check out Hulk v3 95...It the biggest trash I've read. But Surfer did some nice stuff, but it's bullshit.

juggernaut66666
Silver Surfer didn't had his power cosmic, he was weakened and mind controlled also before Hulk started to attack him he already didn't want to fight.

Dinalfos
I agree.

Yes, Hulk can get stronger as he gets madder. But, when they say his strength potential is limitless, that is just opinion. It is based on anger, and availability of gamma radiation to fuel the increases.
And, those increases are not instantaneous, and they can only come in the even of a "trigger". Anger.

Drax just, plain, has limitless power. All the power in the universe, including the Hulk's, I would imagine.

It's not really opinion, just what they wanted to establish for him. They either literally refer to him as a being with the potential for limitless power or as a being that was never shown to have an upper limit. Concerning the latter, we should remember that these so called scientifically worded sentences are every bit as artificial as the character itself. They are a rather pretentious (albeit amusing and arguably necessary) way of avoiding the typical comic book silliness and hyperbole. I personally think it works, to certain extent, because it's sort of hard to present an actual truth in typical Stan Lee fashion.

Anyway, there's still a lot unknown about how the Hulk's physique really works. Hell, there's not even a real explanation for why his mass doesn't increase when he gets boosted. They just never truly bothered to provide a clear cut answer. Some say there's even a supernatural/Mystical/inter-dimensional element at work. I don't know how much of that is true, but there's still a lot of questions to be answered. What I'm saying is that his (potential for) unlimited strength is not really a hyperbole anymore (like it used to be in the very early days), just something that requires more background info. Of course, there are certain clues, such as the fact that Hulk has done things that wouldn't normally be possible or the fact that his brain and body work differently from other (super)humans.

Btw, his strength increases ARE instantaneous, and triggered by ADRENALINE in general, not just anger in particular. Still, rage and excitement are what (Savage/Mindless) Hulk does best, so it's basically all he needs for most of the time. But like I said, an 'easy trigger' is still not nearly as efficient as not needing a trigger at all. However, that doesn't necessarily mean Drax would notice the difference in a straight up Clash, since power that is truly unlimited is hard to wield expertly. In practice, they would probably end up increasing themselves blow by blow. That would be character induced stupidity from Drax' part.
Although I must admit that I haven't really been keeping up with Drax lately.

Accel
And didn't Hulk beat him back one day???

Just check out Hulk v3 95...It the biggest trash I've read. But Surfer did some nice stuff, but it's bullshit.
What, the fight where Surfer was drained power-wise?

Why do people refer to that fight like it was a typical bout between the two?

Horrificus
Originally posted by Dinalfos
It's not really opinion, just what they wanted to establish for him. They either literally refer to him as a being with the potential for limitless power or as a being that was never shown to have an upper limit. Concerning the latter, we should remember that these so called scientifically worded sentences are every bit as artificial as the character itself. They are a rather pretentious (albeit amusing and arguably necessary) way of avoiding the typical comic book silliness and hyperbole. I personally think it works, to certain extent, because it's sort of hard to present an actual truth in typical Stan Lee fashion.
Anyway, there's still a lot unknown about how the Hulk's physique really works. Hell, there's not even a real explanation for why his mass doesn't increase when he gets boosted. They just never truly bothered to provide a clear cut answer. Some say there's even a supernatural/Mystical/inter-dimensional element at work. I don't know how much of that is true, but there's still a lot of questions to be answered. What I'm saying is that his (potential for) unlimited strength is not really a hyperbole anymore (like it used to be in the very early days), just something that requires more background info. Of course, there are certain clues, such as the fact that Hulk has done things that wouldn't normally be possible or the fact that his brain and body work differently from other (super)humans.
Btw, his strength increases ARE instantaneous, and triggered by ADRENALINE in general, not just anger in particular. Still, rage and excitement are what (Savage/Mindless) Hulk does best, so it's basically all he needs for most of the time. But like I said, an 'easy trigger' is still not nearly as efficient as not needing a trigger at all. However, that doesn't necessarily mean Drax would notice the difference in a straight up Clash, since power that is truly unlimited is hard to wield expertly. In practice, they would probably end up increasing themselves blow by blow. That would be character induced stupidity from Drax' part.
Although I must admit that I haven't really been keeping up with Drax lately. Me either. I always liked Drax. Even back in his early, Captain Marvel, Thanos and the Cosmic Cube days. But, I don't remember too many Power Gem feats.

Brutacus
I agree.

WE are talking comics right??
So iff the writters say his anger or his strenght is limitless.
Than so be it.

Tell me one reason IN Comics why is anger can't be limitless????

Back on topic: drax shouldn't play around with hulk and finish it fast, or atleast shouldn't let hulk get to angry.

bigbran
Didn't the first Drax destroy a planet along with Thanos? He also fought Thanos alone.
That one wins.

The second Drax had been forced through suns, asteroids, through quite a lot.
That one also wins.

Drax with the power gem one shotted Champion.
Do I have to say who wins that one?

Current Drax is an awsome fighter, took on a army full of Annihilation fighters, took out Delinquent, stayed behind when a planet exploded, etc.
He seems like a way better fighter than Wolverine. He is faster, stronger and has two knives.
He beats Hulk.

Anyway you look at it, Drax wins.

rotiart
Drax without the Powergem was a 40tonner... with the Power gem he was a 100 tonner...+

Peter David has stated that since 1996 Drax has been regaining his intelligence... but in exchange for his intelligence.. comes loss of strength.. current Drax is not as powerful (though a lot more skilled) that infinity watch Drax... and that drax got stronger through rage only because he held the power gem....

Now classic drax without the power gem is gonna get completely obliterated by hulk.
Current Drax would need sufficient weaponry to even harm hulk, and then again a singular strength from hulk would devastate Drax.
Classic Drax with the power gem would be the equivalent to Savage Hulk enraged... and possibly more...

But seeing as how I assume general forum rules dictate the use of the most current character... unless otherwise stated..

From our forum rules

In most cases, the poster who originally set up the versus fight determines the conditions of the fight itself (ex. If a character like Superman is in a thread, it'll be assumed that it's the current version unless mentioned otherwise by the thread starter, the same goes with Thanos without the IG, and so on). However, in the cases where the original poster did not set down any contraints or conditions for the fight, then the match would default to the standard rules below.

So I assume current Drax, and I assume he loses as he hasn't shown me anything yet that would make him a threat to hulk. even classic isn't a threat unless he has the power gem. that with the power gem, drax might only pull a slight majority.

Brutacus
euh sorry to say but iff we go on current how strong is hulk???
he's not even on full strenght in planet hulk.
So this would be a very good fight.

bigbran
Originally posted by Brutacus
euh sorry to say but iff we go on current how strong is hulk???
he's not even on full strenght in planet hulk.
So this would be a very good fight. No, I suggest you go and read Annihilation.
Current Drax would beat Savage Hulk.

Brutacus
Originally posted by bigbran
No, I suggest you go and read Annihilation.
Current Drax would beat Savage Hulk.

Already did read it.

You seen the last planet hulk???

Accel
Hulk's always been able to hold his own against Drax just fine. The real clincher here is either Classic Drax's versatility vs Savage Hulk OR current Drax vs current weakened Hulk.

rotiart
Current Drax is an excellent Fight Bigbran no doubt, but so far he hasn't shown that he's taken down anyone on Hulk's level. Even current planet hulk, The Scar hulk... I mean jesus when he fought against the old one, he shouldn't skill and power... when he fought against all of those spore things... he through a huge slab of earth at them...

I go with the fact that Peter David says that current Drax is weaker, but more intelligent... which means that if Hulk connects... Drax is a goner...

As far as skill Drax is very skilled, but he hasn't shown any real durability, speed, or strength feats that would make him a true threat to hulk. Not in my eyes anyways. Slaughtering abunch of aliens one by one is what hulk does by the dozens if not hundreds.

Brutacus
Originally posted by Accel
Hulk's always been able to hold his own against Drax just fine. The real clincher here is either Classic Drax's versatility vs Savage Hulk OR current Drax vs current weakened Hulk.

they seem to have the same attitude <-- (spelled wrong).
Hulk in planet hulk wanted to go toe to toe against the spike creature's.
Wenn they said he couldn't he said well I'm angry now and the angry I get the stronger I get. (badass IMO.)

Drax throwing himself in to the Annihilation wave of creature's (badass).

rotiart
god, i just realized my above post is hard to read and understand, my apologies to anyone that got a headache from that. :/

bigbran
Originally posted by rotiart
I go with the fact that Peter David says that current Drax is weaker, but more intelligent... which means that if Hulk connects... Drax is a goner... Even if he was weaker, which you do mean in duribility, and strength right? How the hell does this equate into being one punched?

As far as skill Drax is very skilled, but he hasn't shown any real durability, speed, or strength feats that would make him a true threat to hulk. Not in my eyes anyways. Slaughtering abunch of aliens one by one is what hulk does by the dozens if not hundreds. He has quite a few speed, and skill feats, I'de get them, but it would be easier to go and read Annihilation 2 and 3. I admit he doesn't have any strength or duribility feats, but maybe that's because he is so fast and skilled, that he hasn't been hit yet? Or no he has, but he wasn't hurt, this was right after he made a planet warper look like shit... Just a thought.

Also when has Hulk slaughtered hundreds of aliens? Or surprised a planet warper? Everything he has done, he has done in the same battle.

rotiart
well I'm not saying that hulk would one shot drax... but i'm saying that usually strength goes hand in hand with durability... I can't remember the planet warper thing you're talking about. And i've read all of the nova and annihilation issues to date. maybe i should go reread it. but i was saying that if hulk connects once, it'll put drax offbalance enough that hulk would follow it up and connect and finish it.

as far as those aliens go... cannon fodder... gamora wasn't fazed being completely surrounded by aliens.

who was the planetwarper you're talking about?

Brutacus
Even if he was weaker, which you do mean in duribility, and strength right? How the hell does this equate into being one punched?

He has quite a few speed, and skill feats, I'de get them, but it would be easier to go and read Annihilation 2 and 3. I admit he doesn't have any strength or duribility feats, but maybe that's because he is so fast and skilled, that he hasn't been hit yet? Or no he has, but he wasn't hurt, this was right after he made a planet warper look like shit... Just a thought.

Also when has Hulk slaughtered hundreds of aliens? Or surprised a planet warper? Everything he has done, he has done in the same battle.

Well he's the greates gladiator on the planet he is on now smile, so he slautgherd some thought aliens

bigbran
well I'm not saying that hulk would one shot drax... but i'm saying that usually strength goes hand in hand with durability... I can't remember the planet warper thing you're talking about. And i've read all of the nova and annihilation issues to date. maybe i should go reread it. but i was saying that if hulk connects once, it'll put drax offbalance enough that hulk would follow it up and connect and finish it.

as far as those aliens go... cannon fodder... gamora wasn't fazed being completely surrounded by aliens.

who was the planetwarper you're talking about? Delinquent.Originally posted by Brutacus
Well he's the greates gladiator on the planet he is on now smile, so he slautgherd some thought aliens Ya, but he hasn't slaughtered hundreds though, has he?
Also, I think that Planet Hulk has seemed to go up in skill, wouldn't you?

rotiart
Yah I'd say current hulk has gone up in skill.... but he's still a power house...

I can't say the same about drax... and i'd have to wonder how those daggers affect hulk...

drax hits hulk 20 times... hulk connects once... drax gets sent 100 miles... drax may survive... but he has to get into a taxi to get back to the fight.... and when he gets the taxi cabs bill... he'll forfeit the fight to go get a job at mcdonalds to pay for the bill.

Brutacus
Delinquent. Ya, but he hasn't slaughtered hundreds though, has he?
Also, I think that Plante Hulk has seemed to go up in skill, wouldn't you?

No he hasn't you right some how they see him as a world savor on that planet, the other way around, on earth he was one off the biggest trhead around.
Still he beaten every thing they tried to put against him, ok SS he didn't beat I know that, still kind of impressive that they could control SS.
o there tech should be better than on earth (or they have there own MR. Fantastic).

Horrificus
WE are talking comics right??
So iff the writters say his anger or his strenght is limitless.
Than so be it.

Tell me one reason IN Comics why is anger can't be limitless????

Back on topic: drax shouldn't play around with hulk and finish it fast, or atleast shouldn't let hulk get to angry.

if it was limitless, once he gets mad, it would never stop.
because it would be limitless.
but, he actually defuses easily and often.

Brutacus

Not in a fight.

rotiart

You're talking about his anger, not his strength...

Of course the Hulk is allowed to calm down... it happens.. you get mad.. you calm down...

You ever get so angry you can't even talk? Thats the hulk I'm afraid of... everything becomes a target... not just one thing anymore...

Bol Gath
ahh planet hulk... I like it a lot. And as for the fight against SS, didn't Hulk say that if SS would attack again he would kill them.

Anyway this fight could go either way, but current Hulk should win against CURRENT Drax. Classic Drax is another story.

Brutacus
Originally posted by Bol Gath
ahh planet hulk... I like it a lot. And as for the fight against SS, didn't Hulk say that if SS would attack again he would kill them.

Anyway this fight could go either way, but current Hulk should win against CURRENT Drax. Classic Drax is another story.

Yes that's why I mentioned the SS fight, hulk played it smart there.
He knew he couldn't beat SS.

Bol Gath
OK, didn't get that (working night shift right now so my brain isn't functioning properly right now smile)

King_Mungi
they seem to have the same attitude <-- (spelled wrong).
Hulk in planet hulk wanted to go toe to toe against the spike creature's.
Wenn they said he couldn't he said well I'm angry now and the angry I get the stronger I get. (badass IMO.)

Drax throwing himself in to the Annihilation wave of creature's (badass).

Yeah I picked up #100 as well, good issue.

I like Drax in that story, much more than his classic apperance. Can't wait for this showdown with Thanos shortly

Brutacus
Originally posted by Bol Gath
OK, didn't get that (working night shift right now so my brain isn't functioning properly right now smile)

Well my brain never worked properly, but let's just say that I agree with you that SS would destroy them

bigbran
If it is true what I just heard, then Drax takes Savage Hulk's little head, (after decapitated of course) and rams it straight up his butthole.

Dinalfos
So what did you just hear?

Accel
If it is true what I just heard, then Drax takes Savage Hulk's little head, (after decapitated of course) and rams it straight up his butthole.
Not really.

Drax is supposedly the only one who can kill Thanos due to vague special properties, as was revealed in the latest issue of Annihilation.

golem370
Drax was class 100 before he got the Power Gem because I believe he was recontruted after having his brain messed up by Moondragon. I have his Marvel Handbook file and he was Class 100 and then got the Power Gem making incalculable strength. 7foot4 1,050pounds sub-light speed flight stamina Metahuman Demi-godlike durability and like athlete reflexes and agility.

bigbran
Originally posted by Accel
Not really.

Drax is supposedly the only one who can kill Thanos due to vague special properties, as was revealed in the latest issue of Annihilation. Is it out yet?
I think that is a little bit of stupid writing though.

Horrificus
Well, Dax was created specifically to kill Thanos. Period.
That is why, when he was brought back to life during IG, the first thing he did was look for Thanos.

And, supposedly, he has the exact tools to do it each time he is brought back.

darthgoober
Classic Drax & Drax w/ power gem vs Hulk is really a no brainer. Yes Hulk did hang with him before, but that's just because Drax spent the entire fight going at it on Hulks terms. He pretty much stayed grounded, and didn't use any of his energy attacks. So it was basically Hulk vs another version of Hulk. If Drax had went all out, that fight would have been over in no time, and he still had the better showing even as the fight was written.

Horrificus
Drax is basically a kind of "Cosmic Hulk".

Take the Savage Hulk, give him "True" unlimited power, ability to channel that power into blasts, real invulnerability, interstellar flight, attack flight, super speed, and you have Drax.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.