When you ask me why I believe...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FeceMan
...which reasons do you want--the ones involving brainwashing, circularity, or ignorance?

No, really. I'm just wondering.

Sure, I could talk about how the infinite vastness of the universe, the order that comes from chaos, how the nigh-incalculable complexity of atoms and molecules and their reactions that somehow work in perfect unison for us even to exist, and how the wonders of our world that have made even the most hardened atheists fall on their knees to worship Yahweh Elohim all point to a creator.

Or I could talk about all the biblical prophecy that has been fulfilled. I could even make a thread on it. It could show the prophecy that can be verified not just by the Bible but by historical documents.

I could defend my faith from the constant barrage of attacks under which it suffers from you all. I could refute, dispute, and allocute until I turned blue in the face. And others could help, too.

But, in the end, you don't want to know that. You want to know the following:

1. Were you brainwashed into believing Christianity? (That is, were you born into a Christian family?)

2. Do you believe in God because the Bible says He exists and the Bible claims to be the Word of God?

3. Do you believe because you see no reason for God not to exist? Isn't it right that you have never really been exposed to other religions?

And when I say that the answers are "yes" to all of those questions, you're satisfied. After all, I'm nothing more than a sheep who has been deceived by other sheep who blindly follow a fictitious deity.

So, stop asking. Don't ask me to "prove" that God exists. I can't, and even when I provide support for my beliefs, you dismiss it or outright ignore it.

Baa-baa.

Shalimar_fox
look so people don't wanna belive in god an you can help them.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Shalimar_fox
look so people don't wanna belive in god an you can help them.

I don't understand your post.

Shalimar_fox
don't worry about it.hope your having an nice day,take care

Shalimar_fox
i mean look,some poeple don't want to belive in God and you can't help it

Shakyamunison
i mean look,some poeple don't want to belive in God and you can't help it

I see, and thanks.

Shalimar_fox
your welcome

WrathfulDwarf
There are two logical explanations when people ask you about your faith:

1. Interest, curiosity, understanding.

2. Ridicule you as a person for what you are.

Storm
It is rather rude to make false general statements just because some people may have acted improperly.

If you find these are sound evidential reasons for you to believe, then so be it. However, when you provide them as evidence or proof towards others to support/prove your positive belief, then these assertions can be dismissed with little afterthought.

Lord Urizen
Originally posted by Storm
It is rather rude to make false general statements just because some people may have acted improperly.

If you find these are sound evidential reasons for you to believe, then so be it. However, when you provide them as evidence or proof towards others to support/prove your positive belief, then these assertions can be dismissed with little afterthought.

EXACTLY

Feceman, I don't truly beleive that every Athiest/Agnostic/Liberal/Buddhist has an actual problem with your personal faith.

But when you argue on behalf of your religion as though it possessed a factual basis then you need to support it as best you can.
- keep in mind that when you argue with any kind of stern conviction, it comes off as though you know what you beleive to be FACT-

Obviously you wish to plant the seed for non beleivers to eventually beleive what you beleive. You wouldn't be arguing here if you didn't. But if you expect the rest of us to drop our own beleifs, deny our own truths, and change our entire lives to your practice...then you better have some damn good evidense to guarantee that your way is the right way.

Otherwise, we will see your Faith as nothing more than just your Faith, and challenge, critisize, and unfortunately, sometimes even fight with you on your claims.

I think that is what every Christian fails to see.... in order to truly convert someone you have to show that you are infact CORRECT in all your claims. If you cannot prove it, then why should we beleive you ?

Shalimar_fox
no you guys say the most hurtfull thing at time when we are just talking.and yes they are heart felt things

Bardock42
Well, i can see why someone would believe in a creator..but...the God of the Bible? Come on..that's just...unlikely.

Capt_Fantastic
-Thomas Jefferson, on the Jefferson Bible

FeceMan
Storm may be correct, but I have come to the conclusion that most people who ask why I believe want to demonstrate that I'm nothing more than a sheep.

Baa-baa.

Alliance
Thats because its easy to slaughter sheep and hard to kill a man.

FeceMan
Originally posted by Alliance
Thats because its easy to slaughter sheep and hard to kill a man.
Then I daresay that your blades are in need of sharpening.

JacopeX
no you guys say the most hurtfull thing at time when we are just talking.and yes they are heart felt things EXACTLY! Its very unecessary!

Alliance
As might your mental perceptions/perception of me.

FeceMan
As might your mental perceptions/perception of me.
OH SNAP ZING

Strangelove
I myself have no problem with personal faith. It's great. Whatever gets you through the day. It's when people blindly follow what their religious leaders say or blindly follow what religious texts say that I have issue.

Your religious faith should be tailored to your personal values and convictions, not the other way around.

Alliance
Originally posted by FeceMan
OH SNAP ZING

No seriously, My job is not to ruin peoples lives. If I disagree with something I'll state it. I'm not to to bash members except for those who don't contribute to the forum ever.

xmarksthespot
The vast preponderance of agnostic or atheist people have absolutely no problem with others who hold religious views per se.

However when one tries to assert religious faith as fact, when one tries to impose those religious views on others, interfering in science and politics, when one tries to convert others and when one tells others that they will suffer eternal torment. Then yes, I and others may have a problem with it.

Religion has no special protection from critical rational thinking. If one proposes an explanation for a phenomena based on religion, if one proposes a factual premise to their religious texts, then they are a legitimate target for sceptical questioning. The statement "Don't ask me to prove it." doesn't hold water if one asserts their belief as fact and seeks to impose it.

crazy
...which reasons do you want--the ones involving brainwashing, circularity, or ignorance?

No, really. I'm just wondering.

Sure, I could talk about how the infinite vastness of the universe, the order that comes from chaos, how the nigh-incalculable complexity of atoms and molecules and their reactions that somehow work in perfect unison for us even to exist, and how the wonders of our world that have made even the most hardened atheists fall on their knees to worship Yahweh Elohim all point to a creator.

Or I could talk about all the biblical prophecy that has been fulfilled. I could even make a thread on it. It could show the prophecy that can be verified not just by the Bible but by historical documents.

I could defend my faith from the constant barrage of attacks under which it suffers from you all. I could refute, dispute, and allocute until I turned blue in the face. And others could help, too.

But, in the end, you don't want to know that. You want to know the following:

1. Were you brainwashed into believing Christianity? (That is, were you born into a Christian family?)

2. Do you believe in God because the Bible says He exists and the Bible claims to be the Word of God?

3. Do you believe because you see no reason for God not to exist? Isn't it right that you have never really been exposed to other religions?

And when I say that the answers are "yes" to all of those questions, you're satisfied. After all, I'm nothing more than a sheep who has been deceived by other sheep who blindly follow a fictitious deity.

So, stop asking. Don't ask me to "prove" that God exists. I can't, and even when I provide support for my beliefs, you dismiss it or outright ignore it.

Baa-baa.

To be honest, you are one of the people that makes me want to take a closer look at Christianity, but then I see people like SCDUF and Jesusisalive and even if they are right and I burn in hell, I just can not be one of them.

Lord Urizen
no you guys say the most hurtfull thing at time when we are just talking.and yes they are heart felt things

Well Honey, when you tell us that we deserve to Burn in Hell for all Eternity just for being who we are, than you better expect some kind of backlash. yes

Originally posted by Jacope X
EXACTLY! Its very unecessary!

As is your condemnation of all people who do not beleive what you beleive yes

Lord Urizen
Originally posted by crazy
To be honest, you are one of the people that makes me want to take a closer look at Christianity, but then I see people like SCDUF and Jesusisalive and even if they are right and I burn in hell, I just can not be one of them.

I agree. I have actually grown to like Feceman and see him as a rather intelligent person, not a zealot.

He gives his religion a rather attractive veil, while people like JIA, Sonnet, Marcello, Adarksiedjedi, Usagi, etc. just turn me off to the mythology of Christianity.

FeceMan
This pleases me. If it makes you feel any better, heaven has no suffering in it, so you won't be near them.

stick out tongue

Soleran
I always ask Christians about the basis for the beliefs because I get so tired listening to them whine and complain and make excuses and using "God" as a way to avoid dealing with reality as it is today.

Shalimar_fox
Originally posted by Lord Urizen
Well Honey, when you tell us that we deserve to Burn in Hell for all Eternity just for being who we are, than you better expect some kind of backlash. yes

As is your condemnation of all people who do not beleive what you beleive yes
who has told you this,it is not of the right to pass judgement apond you.

Alliance
Differnent Christian cults have different interpretations. We all know this and should keep this in mind.

Bardock42
I agree. I have actually grown to like Feceman and see him as a rather intelligent person, not a zealot.

He gives his religion a rather attractive veil, while people like JIA, Sonnet, Marcello, Adarksiedjedi, Usagi, etc. just turn me off to the mythology of Christianity.

Damn..I used to like Face Man...but i had to reconsider due to this post...good job, Urizen. Hat0r.

Alliance

Or just to expose your overzealous tactics smile

Lord Urizen
who has told you this,it is not of the right to pass judgement apond you.

99.9% of Fundmental Christians have made some kind of unfiar or bias judgement against me without knowing anything about me.

Or just to expose your overzealous tactics

You're mad at me cuz I like Feceman ? Overzealous tactics? You mean occasional logic, sarcasm, humor, and masturbation ?

Those 4 tactics are my foundation for a successful debate ! big grin

Bardock42
99.9% of Fundmental Christians have made some kind of unfiar or bias judgement against me without knowing anything about me.

You're mad at me cuz I like Feceman ? Overzealous tactics? You mean occasional logic, sarcasm, humor, and masturbation ?

Those 4 tactics are my foundation for a successful debate ! big grin

Hmm. Or your bizarro versions of them at least.

The_Barbarian
This pleases me. If it makes you feel any better, heaven has no suffering in it, so you won't be near them.

I attempted to read through the delusional tripe posted at the beginning of this thread several times, but the lack of truth and the abundance of delusion in - kept forcing me to stop reading it half way thru.

If you truly believe yourself to be a Christian, pray tonight that God gives you the ability to distinguish between the wisdom of the wise, and the praises of a fool.

FeceMan
Originally posted by The_Barbarian
I attempted to read through the delusional tripe posted at the beginning of this thread several times, but the lack of truth and the abundance of delusion in - kept forcing me to stop reading it half way thru.

If you truly believe yourself to be a Christian, pray tonight that God gives you the ability to distinguish between the wisdom of the wise, and the praises of a fool.
Wow. A slam at me, crazy, and Urizen all at one.

crazy
I usually do not get slammed, what should I do in this situation!?!?!?!?!?!?

Nellinator
I usually do not get slammed, what should I do in this situation!?!?!?!?!?!?
Turn the other cheek.

crazy
Damn it, I really wanted an arguement over the internet.

Lord Urizen
Wow. A slam at me, crazy, and Urizen all at one.

Dude, f*ck him...he's banned.

Shalimar_fox
i'm sure that they wish to tell you the truth

Lord Urizen

Who ?

Shalimar_fox

Those 4 tactics are my foundation for a successful debate ! big grin i didn't post that

Shalimar_fox
who else.we or those that belive

Lord Urizen
who else.we or those that belive

What beleif ? If what you claim is Truth, then I assume you can back it up with some kind of proof ?

Otherwise, due to previous identity as a Christian, and a lack of interest in anything monotheistic, I will just disregard a claim that I have heard millions and millions of times on these forums.

Shalimar_fox
o well that you.but i have faith in my God,right now i could care less about your unendless prattle for proof

Lord Urizen
o well that you.but i have faith in my God,right now i could care less about your unendless prattle of proof

Why do you sound so angry ?

Shalimar_fox
i'm not i just don't understand how you have no proof of the time when you go to bed ,but yet y'all are always telling others to have proof in their claims an no matter how much proof we give you,you just disregard it with out any open mind that their must be an God.yet you always tell us be open minded.I do know this If and if there is not an god both ways bring fear.because if he is not,i'm living in an world ran by sick ego maniacs,and if he dose people better get right

Lord Urizen
i'm not i just don't understand how you have no proof of the time when you go to bed .

What do I need proof for? I am agnostic....I am open to the idea of God, but do not fully beleive or disbeleive.

I am not claiming my beleif as fact, while you are.

,but yet y'all are always telling other to have proof in their claims an not matter how much proof we give you,you just disregard it with out any open mind that their must be an God.

You never give me or anyone any proof. The Bible is not proof of anything, it is just a book filled with contradictions.

I am open to the idea of God, but I am turned off to the Christian version of God. I was once Christian, and was not satisfied. I have found my own way.

The difference is I am not trying to shove my philosophy down your throat, nor am I judging you. You Christians judge me most of the time, and try to enforce your absurd beliefs up my ass, call me a sinner, tell me I am going to Hell for being Gay, etc.etc.etc. and I am getting pretty sick and tired of it.

If you are going to claim that your beleifs are Fact, then you better back them up. Otherwise, shut the f&ck up.

yet you always tell us be open minded.

Yes, you should be open minded. I already explained how I am.

I do know this If and if there is not an god both ways bring fear.because if he is not,i'm living in an world ran by sick ego maniacs,and if he dose people better get right

The sick ego maniacs who run this country happen to be Christian wink

The sick ego maniacs who run this WORLD happen to be religious.

Shalimar_fox
look who's getting mad.may the reason half of stopped was because you believed in the spirit of religion.God is not an Religious God he is more about relationship.if you read Rev.(the last book)you will signs that tell of what is happening today and there is not way any one came tell these far into the future and yes it is against god to be gay(something i once was)and we do not judge we witness to you all and i'm be real frank now i don't give an heck about what any of you feel because all the proof is in the bible just read it and stop acting like an lot of children.the ones who run the world happen to y'all and the one's that b$tch about every little thing at has god in it.it's not gonna hurt an kid for saying in god we trust,in that case get your own schools

Lord Urizen
look who's getting mad.may the reason half of stopped was because you believed in the spirit of religion.God is not an Religious God he is more about relationship.if you read Rev.(the last book)you will signs that tell of what is happening today and there is not way any one came tell these far into the future and yes it is against god to be gay(something i once was)and we do not judge we witness to you all and i'm be real frank now i don't give an heck about what any of you feel because all the proof is in the bible just read it and stop acting like an lot of children.the ones who run the world happen to y'all and the one's that b$tch about every little thing at has god in it.it's not gonna hurt an kid for saying in god we trust,in that case get your own schools

You are ranting on about things that are not related to this subject. Beleive whatever you like, i do not care. I have read the Bible repeatedly, and there is no proof in it whatsoever of God's actual existance. It is all just claims that have no been supported by an factual basis.

Instead of claiming how wrong I am, why not just prove it ?

Shalimar_fox
What reasons do you have for holding that position? Your reasons are based upon logic, and/or evidence or lack of it. So, is there any reason/evidence for you holding your position that you defend?

The big EH
i'm not i just don't understand how you have no proof of the time when you go to bed ,but yet y'all are always telling others to have proof in their claims an no matter how much proof we give you,you just disregard it with out any open mind that their must be an God.yet you always tell us be open minded.I do know this If and if there is not an god both ways bring fear.because if he is not,i'm living in an world ran by sick ego maniacs,and if he dose people better get right he's telling you to be open minded and think, don't say that the smallest, most unstable evidence of there being a "god" means that there is, instead stop and think if that proof is actually proof, keep an open mind, think of how many wars have been started because of religeon, i'm sorry if that made no sense, it's 12:30 here and my mind is spinning cause i've been playing tie fighter for the past 5 hours

The big EH
What reasons do you have for holding that position? Your reasons are based upon logic, and/or evidence or lack of it. So, is there any reason/evidence for you holding your position that you defend? prove to us that jesus existed, the bible was esssentiallaly made as a way to rule the land, back then it was like the laws of life, the ancient greeks were way more advanced than they were during the black ages because the bible forbidded it, did you know pompie had plumbing, it had working fountains in turnarounds, the big kind for decoration, ofcourse it didn't work like today, but it was plumbing, but during the dark ages (which was caused by the bible and churchs and christanity) there was nothing like that

Shalimar_fox
On what basis do you believe there is no God
i'm waiting LU or any one who dose not belive

The big EH
science, men are made up of chemicals, i could tell you the chemical build up if you want, and theres no dust, but mainly because, 1. for everything the bible says is "gods work" theres a perfectly logical explanation for it, like noahs arch, it's just a fictional story, and 2. because i don't believe in god, it's just wat i think,

Shalimar_fox
You cannot logically state that there is no God because you cannot know all things so as to determine that there is no God.

The big EH
you can't logically state that there is a god because you cannot know all things to determine that there is a god, it works both ways

Shalimar_fox
your an small frie,i want the bigs one.it seems that this is the best at night.LOL.well i'll back in the morning if my God wakes me.James that's kid stuff

The big EH
god does not wake you, but i don't really care to much if you think that

Shalimar_fox
my god dose wake for if i am not dead i then it is by his grace that i wake

Bardock42
my god dose wake for if i am not dead i then it is by his grace that i wake

That is if this God exists. If it (God) doesn't, then it certainly doesn't wake you.

Anyways, Revelations is certainly not an accurate forecast of our time or any time so far. There is no proof that God exists. But that does not mean that it doesn't exist. The Bible itself is contradictory and also quite hateful at large parts.

The problem with Religious people is that they just take their Dogma unquestioned. Being gay is wrong because it says so in the bible. There is zero actual, reason why being gay should be wrong or why people have to be against it.

Shalimar_fox
an male and a male can not have offspring,darkness and darkness can not make light,two wrongs don't make an right,the blind can not lead the blind,you believe these because some one or something says so.so why should the word of god be any different.

Bardock42
an male and a male can not have offspring,darkness and darkness can not make light,two wrongs don't make an right,the blind can not lead the blind,you believe these because some one or something says so.so why should the word of god be any different.

What?

Shalimar_fox
think long and hard about it

Bardock42
think long and hard about it

But your post made no sense. What were you trying to say?

Shalimar_fox
do you believe an wrong and a wrong make an right

Bardock42
do you believe an wrong and a wrong make an right

I don't believe that wrong or right exist as absolute concepts.

Shalimar_fox
i'm sure you belive in love

Bardock42

As in likeijng soeone a lot? Yeah. People can like others a lot. what about it?

usagi_yojimbo
Watching fools argue is like watching dogs fight over an old bone, neither give or receive anything of value after their battles are over.

Shalimar_fox
fools yet we are not.ok so how you believe in love there's no facts that so it is real,you can not see it,so mainly what i am saying is how can one believe in one thing that shows not facts but be quick to dismiss another

Bardock42
Originally posted by usagi_yojimbo
Watching fools argue is like watching dogs fight over an old bone, neither give or receive anything of value after their battles are over.

Do you see yourself as wise? What about intelligent? Knowledgeable?

Storm
fools yet we are not.ok so how you believe in love there's no facts that so it is real,you can not see it,so mainly what i am saying is how can one believe in one thing that shows not facts but be quick to dismiss another
Love is an emotion experienced subjectively in a person' s brain. I could accept the existence of a "god" that is an emotional reaction experienced subjectively in someone' s brain, but not the claim that there exists some external entity that is the object of those beliefs.

Shalimar_fox
well thats you.next

Bardock42
well thats you.next

Do you realize that half your posts do not make any sense?

usagi_yojimbo
Originally posted by Bardock42
Do you see yourself as wise? What about intelligent? Knowledgeable?

Only when comparing myself to a fool with an absence of these qualities. For only the wise man thinks himself to be foolish, and only the foolish man thinks himself to be wise.

Good day to ye sir. God bless.

Shakyamunison
Only when comparing myself to a fool with an absence of these qualities. For only the wise man thinks himself to be foolish, and only the foolish man thinks himself to be wise.

You have strange thoughts about wisdom.

FeceMan
Is English not your first language? If not, what the hell is your deal? Are you Jackie's sister?

Lord Urizen

Love exists between two men and two women, the same way it does between one man and one woman. Open your damn eyes, and see the reality of that.

Lord Urizen
What reasons do you have for holding that position? Your reasons are based upon logic, and/or evidence or lack of it. So, is there any reason/evidence for you holding your position that you defend?

Ask me to support each of my positions and I shall.

I will give you numerous references, reasoning, and whatever universal evidense I have come up with before.

I assure you, my position is not based on one mind set or one book.

Shalimar_fox
Ask me to support each of my positions and I shall.

I will give you numerous references, reasoning, and whatever universal evidense I have come up with before.

I assure you, my position is not based on one mind set or one book. mybe if you were to read every thing then maybe you would see what i was saying

Capt_Fantastic
mybe if you were to read every thing then maybe you would see what i was saying

Nope. I read it all and it didn't make any sense.

Lord Urizen
mybe if you were to read every thing then maybe you would see what i was saying

Read everything? You mean reading the Bible already for years in not enough?

I gave 18 years of my life to Christianity....I refuse to give it another day. I learned how much the Bible contradicts itself, and everything I know to be true.

What you claim is the SAME claim I have heard a million times before by other Christians, and not one Christian was able to back up thier assertions, or convince me in anyway that they are correct and that I am incorrect.

I welcome you to try, but it most likely will not work. I do not beleive. That simple.

Bardock42

Okay, I decided, you are an idiot. This post alone shows it.

Storm
While we' re at it... Never argue with an idiot, he' ll pull you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Lord Urizen
While we' re at it... Never argue with an idiot, he' ll pull you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Which is why Bardock should put Usagi on his ignore laughing

usagi_yojimbo

Heh..heh..heh. Tis a good one indeed. One of my faves. However, only an "idiot" believes that their argument has been won, after conceeding to the fool. Does thou understand where I am going with this my dear? Perhaps not..so let me extrapolate --

A fool with power is only dangerous - when they have finally understood how to wield it.

Good day to ye miss. God bless.

usagi_yojimbo
No questions or responses from anyone? Heh..Heh..Heh..I guess that means they understood.

usagi_yojimbo
A fool with power is only dangerous - when they have finally understood how to wield it.

Good day to ye miss. God bless.

Heh..Heh..Heh. But don't forget -- there is no reason to fear the powerful fool - they present more danger to themselves, than they do to others.

Shakyamunison
Heh..Heh..Heh. But don't forget -- there is no reason to fear the powerful fool - they present more danger to themselves, than they do to others.

Why did you quote yourself? The only other person who did that kind of thing was JIA.

Gregory
More importantly, what's with the "Heh..Heh..Heh?" It makes you sound like you're just waiting for the right time to snap and start wearing Storm's face as a mask or something.

lord xyz
So, stop asking. Don't ask me to "prove" that God exists. I can't, and even when I provide support for my beliefs, you dismiss it or outright ignore it. Then why are you here?

lord xyz
do you believe an wrong and a wrong make an right Well, seeing as it's double negative, yes.

usagi_yojimbo
Originally posted by Gregory
More importantly, what's with the "Heh..Heh..Heh?" It makes you sound like you're just waiting for the right time to snap and start wearing Storm's face as a mask or something.

If one needs to look the part of the fool..they need only to look in the mirror.

Shakyamunison
If one needs to look the part of the fool..they need only to look in the mirror.

Are you JIA?

usagi_yojimbo
Originally posted by lord xyz
Then why are you here?

He dares to be a fool, and that is the first step in the direction of wisdom.

The one who can't get an answer - teaches himself, and makes a fool his master. Remember - even the greatest fool in the world may ask more than even the wisest man can answer.

Capt_Fantastic

The one who can't get an answer - teaches himself, and makes a fool his master. Remember - even the greatest fool in the world may ask more than even the wisest man can answer.

I always love it when a member A supports or defends member B when member B thinks member A is an idiot.

Shakyamunison

I don't think you are old enough to know what wisdom is.

Gregory
So just out of curiosity, where'd you steal all the other sayings from?

usagi_yojimbo
Originally posted by Capt_Fantastic
I always love it when a member A supports or defends member B when member B thinks member A is an idiot.

A good man is always there for his friends; a fool is there only when he has need of them. And a wise man is there -- for all of those in need.

PVS
he who go to bed with itchy ass wake up with smelly finger

usagi_yojimbo
Originally posted by PVS
he who go to bed with itchy ass wake up with smelly finger

Heh..Heh..Heh.. only if he has forgotten to take his head out of his a$$, in order to wipe it the night before.

Does thou understand where I'm going with this?

Perhaps not..so let me extrapolate.

A man who does not know the difference between his head and his behind, only serves in proving to others - that he does not know what is in them.

Good day to ye all. God bless.

PVS
naaa, thats a bit longwinded for a fortune cookie.

i mean...thats what you're doing, right? writing for novelty joke fortune cookies?

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by PVS
naaa, thats a bit longwinded for a fortune cookie.

i mean...thats what you're doing, right? writing for novelty joke fortune cookies?

I think you are right, he sounds like a joke fortune cookie.

PVS
yeah, so i figured i'd help out...and offer some that might actually be funny.

oh here's another:

"he who fart in church sit in his own pew"

Capt_Fantastic
A good man is always there for his friends; a fool is there only when he has need of them. And a wise man is there -- for all of those in need.

And only a fool would defend his enemy.

Storm
We' ve all had our fun, back on track now.

Gregory
So does this mean that you're not goint to tell me who you're stealing quotes from?

Does somebody with so few ideas of his own that he has to steal other peoples' qualify as a wise man, do you suppose?

usagi_yojimbo
He he he. Okay last one --

It twas difficult for me to find the greatest fool among them..because for every fool I found - there was always a greater fool around who supported him.

Thy all have made it a pleasure gentlemen. Good day once again to ye all. God bless.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Gregory
So does this mean that you're not goint to tell me who you're stealing quotes from?

Does somebody with so few ideas of his own that he has to steal other peoples' qualify as a wise man, do you suppose?

He is just making it up.

PVS
and who-be the greatest fool to cry 'group think' when laughed at for declaring the world to be flat?

Gregory
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
He is just making it up.

He's not making all of it up; the "dares to be a fool" line is from essayist James Gibbons Huneker, an essayist, and I strongly suspect that the rest of the fool stuff is also stollen, although I can't track it down with Google.

lord xyz
A good man is always there for his friends; a fool is there only when he has need of them. And a wise man is there -- for all of those in need. Just out of curiosity, what the **** are youtalking about? Your posts make no sense.

Alliance
Its just filler, trying to cover a lack of content.

FeceMan
You know, just because he's whob doesn't mean some of the things he says don't make sense.

Also, being long-winded is one of the best ways to go about insulting someone without directly insulting him.

PVS
You know, just because he's whob doesn't mean some of the things he says don't make sense.

Also, being long-winded is one of the best ways to go about insulting someone without directly insulting him.

why dont you stop admiring him from afar and start exchanging nude photos

xmarksthespot
You know, just because he's whob A whob or a JIA? The latter has been mysteriously absent, unless he's been banned finally.

Alliance
He's not posted in 6 days, but hes not Account Restricted

Imperial_Samura
He's not posted in 6 days, but hes not Account Restricted

Perhaps his absence is a sign he has admitted defeat. Or maybe he is off gathering his resources (that is the Bible) for a counter attack.

Alliance
I'm not going to speculate.

FeceMan
Originally posted by Imperial_Samura
Perhaps his absence is a sign he has admitted defeat. Or maybe he is off gathering his resources (that is the Bible) for a counter attack.
You noob, he's e-mailing Jack Chick.
Originally posted by PVS
why dont you stop admiring him from afar and start exchanging nude photos
Quiet, you.

Imperial_Samura
You noob, he's e-mailing Jack Chick.

It would be fun if Jack Chick came to this forum.

crazy
Maybe JIA and jack chick are one and the same!!!!

PVS

perhaps he's vacationing in tailand, fumbling through his last almost-empty bottle of viagra and dreading the notion that soon he'll have to return home and tell us why we need to repent and accept christ, etc

Alliance
It would be fun if Jack Chick came to this forum.

Our avatars would all be in his cartoons, and then the same stock "Jesus saves the world frames would be at the end of every strip.

Imperial_Samura
Originally posted by PVS
perhaps he's vacationing in tailand, fumbling through his last almost-empty bottle of viagra and dreading the notion that soon he'll have to return home and tell us why we need to repent and accept christ, etc

Hehehehe. I quite like that image. Or actually not as it might involve a naked JIA and a Thailand mangirl - but the concept is good.

Heheheh. Maybe I could send him an email and try and get him to come here. Claim I am a horrified Christian and the forum needs cleansing... and then when he arrives... bang, the trap is sprung!

Nellinator
You should actually try. It would be interesting. Maybe even beneficial as he might realize some of his misusage of scripture and overexaggeration of certain things. A friend showed me his D&D ones and they are just ridiculous.

FeceMan
He wouldn't change his mind.

If you want a non-retarded Christian perspective on things, ignore almost everyone but me (which is incredibly arrogant, I know, but I at least form cohesive thoughts, sentences, and arguments).

Imperial_Samura
Originally posted by Nellinator
You should actually try. It would be interesting. Maybe even beneficial as he might realize some of his misusage of scripture and overexaggeration of certain things. A friend showed me his D&D ones and they are just ridiculous.

Was it the one with the person who hangs themselves because their lame named character bites the dust? And where the badly drawn DM is actually... gasp... the leader of an actual coven who uses D&D as a testing ground for potential witches and warlocks?

Jack Chick - a fool for our times.

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
The vast preponderance of agnostic or atheist people have absolutely no problem with others who hold religious views per se.

Yes they do. Athiest basically means anti-religion.

Imperial_Samura
Originally posted by Quiero Mota

Um no it doesn't. Atheist is a term that describes ones personal belief - basically "no religion" - which does not extend to "no-religion for anybody" - Atheists are not anti religion, they simply are non-believers themselves.

Thus Atheism is not a philosophy or religion that dicates others must be made Atheists. It merely describes a persons own lack of belief.

Lord Urizen

no

The only people who have a problem with Religion are those who recognize what kind of unnecessary conflict, suffering, and social stigma it causes.

Most Athiests aren't even aware of the kinds of evils that religion causes, many Athiests don't even KNOW thier Athiest.

Nellinator
Was it the one with the person who hangs themselves because their lame named character bites the dust? And where the badly drawn DM is actually... gasp... the leader of an actual coven who uses D&D as a testing ground for potential witches and warlocks?

Jack Chick - a fool for our times.
Ya. At least was funny because it was so dumb.

Alliance

I feel you are misinterpreting a conflict of beliefs for a moral distast. Athiests are just as anti-Christian as most Christians are anti-all other religions.

A lot of Athiests have problems with organized religion and religious literalism, but then again, so do many religious people.

Anyone with a brain can see that religion has some benefits. It s a cost-risk analysis. Also, organized religion seems eto have a way of supressing the good aspects, and magnifying the bad.

FeceMan
Also, organized religion seems eto have a way of supressing the good aspects, and magnifying the bad.
It's a lot like government, really. When given power, even good people can become bad people...or the inner nature of man is revealed, one might say. Should the jeopardy of such an institution be jeopardized, they are willing to sacrifice the good to preserve it.

Alliance
Meh. I have a lot more faith in government than I do in religious institutions.

Capt_Fantastic
It's a lot like government, really. When given power, even good people can become bad people...or the inner nature of man is revealed, one might say. Should the jeopardy of such an institution be jeopardized, they are willing to sacrifice the good to preserve it.

So, it's kind of like saying that when power is given to someone, they are incapable of weilding it in an impartial manner?

Charmed_Phoebe
Meh. I have a lot more faith in government than I do in religious institutions. They both suck. eek!

Alliance
NO eek!

FeceMan
Originally posted by Capt_Fantastic
So, it's kind of like saying that when power is given to someone, they are incapable of weilding it in an impartial manner?
lolz liek god amirite

(No, I'm not saying that.)

Lord Urizen
lolz liek god amirite

(No, I'm not saying that.)

LYKE OMG U ARE LIKE SO ARE LYKE TOTALLY !

Rogue Jedi

Baa-baa.
people here tend to bash anyone who believes in christ. they assume they know it all and ignore valid points in any arguments, even resorting to insulting other members.

Lord Urizen
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
people here tend to bash anyone who believes in christ. they assume they know it all and ignore valid points in any arguments, even resorting to insulting other members.

Please Jedi, enough with the whole "victim" complex ok ?

We are ALL bashed, insulted, and discriminated in SOME way, shape, or form.

I bet more members on these forums insult me wayyy more often then they will ever insult you. So please....get a tissue, and chill out.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.