If you could...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

General G
If you have been to the Prequel Trilogy thread, you have probably seen this there already, but that was for the prequels, this is for the originals. I know everyone thinks the originals are great, amazing, and nothing needs to be done (they are amazing), but if you HAD to change them, what 5 things would you change?

Here are mine:

Episode IV:

a)Luke not whining quite as much (not at all would be great)
b)The Death Star putting up a better fight against the Rebels (I really don't like them)
c)The Death Star being able to withstand more than a few rockets, I don't care how well-placed they were
d)The Emperor
e)Ground battles with the rebels against the Empire

Episode V:

a.)Empire killing more Rebels
b.)Luke gets eaten by the Wampa!
c.)Cannot think of anything else, the rest is pretty awesome, this is my second favourite Star Wars movie, next to Episode VI

Episode VI:

a.)The damned Ewoks and a few Rebel Soldiers not being able to defeat an entire legion of the Emperor's best troops (not possible!!!)
b.)Once again, the Death Star being able to take more damage
c.)More lines for the Emperor, all of his lines were absolutely crazy
d.)Having the Star Destroyers attack the Rebel fleet and not just waiting there so they didn't run away
e)Darth Vader not turning back to the light and kill Luke to remain Sidious's apprentice

amity75
Just replace the Ewoks with Wookies and everything in ROTJ will be perfect.

JaehSkywalker
hmm.... can't think of anything....

GG>> you hate Luke don't you?
and he's the sorta the main character.... erm

vintageSW77
I think they are fine
Im with Amity with the Wookies
I did like the comics where Luke died and Leia went to Dagobah...they were intersting.

General G
Originally posted by JaehSkywalker
hmm.... can't think of anything....

GG>> you hate Luke don't you?
and he's the sorta the main character.... erm

I really do, I have tried to like him, but he just bugs me a lot. After the prequels came out, Anakin seemed to have taken the role as main character.

JaehSkywalker
well... he sorta is at the sequels..

luke bugs you more than ani does?

General G
Surprisingly yes, Anakin in episode 1 bugged me, he was pretty annoying. But after that, he wasn't so bad, I'm not sure why, but he sorta grew on me.

Captain REX
Anakin is way more annoying than Luke.

I wouldn't change the OT at all, except for maybe the Wookiees instead of Ewoks... ermm

General G
ya, the wookies instead of the ewoks would make it muuuuch more believable

JaehSkywalker
Originally posted by General G
Surprisingly yes, Anakin in episode 1 bugged me, he was pretty annoying. But after that, he wasn't so bad, I'm not sure why, but he sorta grew on me.

yep, suprisingly. usually i meet people in this site who are more bugged by ani than luke... smile

vintageSW77
Luke RULES!
Sure hes a bit whiny in EP IV but you know wed ALL whine if we lived with a grumpy Uncle on a sand planet when all you wanted to do is take off and get out.
Hes a haunted soul is Luke and it is etched on Hamills face....Anakin is just a pretty boy with a scar!
Hamills delivery kills Christensens.
When the dude is knackered after fighting Vader and says NEVER then chucks his sabre......NOTHING in the prequels comes close to that.

Anyone who says Anakin is less annoying than Luke wants their arse kicking.

Seriously the only thing that wants taking out or altering in the OT are ALL the Special Edition add ons.
Keep the Wampa,Boba,McDiarmid Emperor,X Wing,Falcon scenes and all the technical stuff but get rid of the major new additions like ALL the updated Tatooine sequence,Jabba Rocks,the crummy dinosaurs and their woeful CGI passengers and that gay music at the end of Jedi....PLEASE!

sithsaber408
I'm curious Vintage, but would you keep or discard Hayden at the end of Jedi?

vintageSW77
I along with a quite a few fans a year after ROTS are now in Prequel denial so id say discard.
If i WAS a fan of the prequels as well as the OT or watching these movies for the first time in numerical order around the year 2077 id say yeah it makes sense to put Hayden in there....im sure Lucas had better footage lying around though.
He looks like a frikkin Romero Zombie.
Its just a shame generations of kids will never see this

JaehSkywalker
they're both cool*original and special ed*, but at the SE it doesn't seem natural when hayden was there at the end... he's mixing with old people like ol'kenobi and yoda...
it doesn't seem right...
it's like, WTH is he doing there?

vintageSW77
Anyone buy that STAR WARS 360 book?
The one with behind the scenes pics??
The OT section is a joy...but the Prequel scetion is just a load of boring sets pics and green screen......sums it all up.

JaehSkywalker
would've wanted to but suddenly remembers, oh, right, i have no money for that..

queeq
Originally posted by JaehSkywalker
yep, suprisingly. usually i meet people in this site who are more bugged by ani than luke... smile

Luke actually STOPS whining... Ani never does.

JaehSkywalker
Originally posted by queeq
Luke actually STOPS whining... Ani never does.

erm i guess.. you're right. no expression

I think all his whining turned him to the darkside. literally.

queeq
I bet it did.

coolmovies
I would not change anything they where purfict when they first came out in the cinema

Star wars
The Empire Strikes back
Return of the Jedi

vintageSW77
nothing to do with this but i thought id put it up
strange picture
never seen it before
anyone else got any weird ones?

queeq
Wow,.. never saw that before...

General G
Where is that? Doesn't look familiar.

vintageSW77
It looks like the bunker in ROTJ

Heres another one
These pics are messing with my head

vintageSW77
Another
Behind the scenes pics methinks
though i also saw the falcon going up in flames in another set on its way out the Death Star

queeq
The rebel shot must be a crew shot, that's the Emperor's chamber in ROTJ.

Luke with the gun, that is odd... but probably behind the scenes indeed. Hoth and Luke's outfit match.

Sesse
http://www.axishistory.com/fileadmin/user_upload/p/pak38.jpg

Perhaps he was intended to shoot the ATAT with a "anti AT cannon" instead of packing it up...

queeq
Uhmmm no

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.