Full Powered Galactus attempts to destroy the multiverse

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

masterbruce
Galactus has become unstable. Reaching the pinnacle of his power after consuming many planets, Galactus no longer hungers and finally realizes that his existence has no meaning. His sadness soon becomes rage, and he sets out to destroy the entire universe, one galaxy at a time. Both Spectre and Living Tribunal don't want to interfere directly, but they have called out to all denizens in both DC and Marvel to stop the cosmic menace that Galactus has become.

The following group has come forth to answer the call.

Darkseid (nonavatar), Green Lantern Squad (Hal, Kyle, Guy and John), Rune King Thor, Sundipped (1 month) Superman, Supreme Confidence Gladiator, Silver Surfer with Quantum Bands, Odin, Savage Mindless Hulk, Blackheart, Shuma Gorath and Thanos with Power Gem

Can they prevail in the epic battle of cosmic proportions?

Mr Master
They ALL die.

Galactus wins.

guy222
Originally posted by masterbruce
Galactus has become unstable. Reaching the pinnacle of his power after consuming many planets, Galactus no longer hungers and finally realizes that his existence has no meaning. His sadness soon becomes rage, and he sets out to destroy the entire universe, one galaxy at a time. Both Spectre and Living Tribunal don't want to interfere directly, but they have called out to all denizens in both DC and Marvel to stop the cosmic menace that Galactus has become.

Darkseid (nonavatar), Green Lantern Squad (Hal, Kyle, Guy and John), Rune King Thor, Sundipped (1 month) Superman, Supreme Confidence Gladiator, Silver Surfer with Quantum Bands, Odin, Savage Mindless Hulk, Blackheart, Shuma Gorath and Thanos with Power Gem

No

Symmetric Chaos
They all are killed by peak galactus

But since when was any level of Galactus's power a multiversal threat?

Bentley
If Shuma-Gorath and Odin cannot stop Galactus, nothing will. It comes down to that.

golem370
They will beat him

Kutulu

It was implied that when Galactus went insane in an alternate universe visited by Reed Richards after he ate the entire celestial host, that he still would hunger for other universes as well. So since you said pinnacle of his power, that's implying that he starts off at least as strong as he was in that arc (where he destroyed the entire celestial host by himself like it was nothing, after consuming the first celestial they had no chance whatsoever). In that arc it took Thor's full powered hammer throw straight to the back of Galactus' throat just for him to notice they were even there!

That iteration of Galactus would stomp out the competition in no time flat; his hunger was immeasurable. He would consume Thanos with the power gem first, allowing him to boost his strength to an unlimited extent; from there would go on to consume Shuma Gorath and his realm. The only others on the team that would even cause Galactus to notice them would be Silver Surfer with the quantum bands and Odin.

Even Odin's galaxy demolishing attacks wouldn't hurt this version of Galactus, as he's survived stronger attacks during his fight with full powered Tyrant (who was powered with the life force of billions of living worlds) and that was in his less powerful incarnation.

For anybody who hasn't read this arc, I highly recommend it, as it showed Galactus beginning to grow to his true potential:
http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/timebubblegalactus.htm

nimbus006
This is a pretty ridiculous team, I don't know what to say cuz i have no idea how powerful Galactus at his peak would be...

...all i can say is they definately have a real good chance... RKT, Odin, Shuma Gorath, Thanos w/ power gem, Darseid, and Surfer with Quantum bands are a handful.

Sundipped Supes, Supreme confidnce Glads, Blackheart, and Savage Hulk are distractions at best.

ThePittman
Sounds like Last Planet Standing.

qqqqqqq
full powered G= big bang?

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by qqqqqqq
full powered G= big bang?

I"d say he was more powerful than A big Bang at full power. He was able to survive one at least. That is his story, that he comes from the universe before.

Thanos_THOTU
Galactus: Hahaha!
*Picks up the ultimate Nullifier.

Madvillain
They stand not a chance. Even without being at full-power G is able to destroy heralds with a mere thought. Full power he would be insane...this time dies hard.

GalacticStorm

If Thanos has the power gem then Thanos can take him alone.

He has access to a virtually unlimited energy source with said gem and could use it to make himself invulnerable to whatever Galactus threw at him and he could use it to bolster his energies to beyond anything Galactus could muster.

Galactus is a limited physical being. He isnt constantly hooked up to an energy source, he eats, he acts, he burns off his reserves. Thanos alone would annihilate.

There was a Galactus thread run by Leonidas a little while ago where this full power Galactus equalling Eternity nonsense was stomped on. That notion is not canon. It is an unsupported fantasy spread by Galactus lovers. Galactus has limits he has a capacity and he reaches that capacity after consuming the energies of multiple planets.

Galactus' energies being sucked out by the elders and used to give life back to a handful of planets.

http://img1.putfile.com/thumb/1/313595076.jpg

Galactus eventually getting back to his machniery and using it to reclaim his stolen power and becoming FILL TO CAPACITY

http://img1.putfile.com/thumb/1/313595247.jpg

http://img1.putfile.com/thumb/1/313595296.jpg

http://img1.putfile.com/thumb/1/313595314.jpg

A full power Galactus DOES NOT equal Eternity. Galactus would have to consume the entire universe for that to be the case. As you can clearly see under normal circumstances Galactus does NOT have the capacity some people would have you believe.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
I"d say he was more powerful than A big Bang at full power. He was able to survive one at least. That is his story, that he comes from the universe before.

He was created by the energies of the Big Bang. The Big Bang is what births a universe. It is the sum total of energy in the universe. Galactus is not more powerful than the Big Bang.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by golem370
They will beat him

yes

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
He was created by the energies of the Big Bang. The Big Bang is what births a universe. It is the sum total of energy in the universe. Galactus is not more powerful than the Big Bang.

I would say that he is strong enough to with stand the assult/blast of a big bang. THat is what I meant.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
I would say that he is strong enough to with stand the assult/blast of a big bang. THat is what I meant.

Based on what? The Big Bang is what formed Eternity. It is the sum of all energy in the universe. Galactus never withstood it. He was transported to the cosmic egg as Galan and was transformed by those energies into Galactus.

Galactus would get annihilated if the totality of the Big Bang was unleashed on him.

Kutulu
Based on what? The Big Bang is what formed Eternity. It is the sum of all energy in the universe. Galactus never withstood it. He was transported to the cosmic egg as Galan and was transformed by those energies into Galactus.

Galactus would get annihilated if the totality of the Big Bang was unleashed on him.

You should get your hands on this story:

It would help you to understand the true nature of Galactus better.

guy222
Originally posted by Kutulu

Galactus, force of nature. Isn't more powerful than Eternity

GalacticStorm

Im aware of said instance, i have the issues in digital form, after seeing your previous post, i knew you were going to be the one to reply to my post with this as evidence. That is why i said nothing on the matter at first but waited to hear from you just so i could let you know that that scene is irrelevant as a reference to Galactus' power level. Why? confused

Because it was Galactus after Celestial manipulation. Galactus under the natural scheme of things, Galactus as we know him has limits and has a capacity FAR from universal spanning.

You referencing that instance as testament to a full power Galactus is like me referencing Binary as the Thanos with the IG as representative of Thanos' power or me referencing Wolverine in his role as Death as representative of the normal Wolverines power.

Why is that all irrelevant? Because all said instances, just like Galactus in that FF4 story arc were brought about by outside factors. They are not a part of said characters, natural, inherent abilities. There is no evidence that said characters could perform such feats without the involvement of said outside factors.

You can tailor a thread to include that Galactus, by saying Galactus after Celestial manipulation, however what you cannot do is equate that incarnation to be a full power Galactus. Because it is NOT. Galactus as we know him gets full on the energies of a handful of planets.

Kutulu
Im aware of said instance, i have the issues in digital form, after seeing your previous post, i knew you were going to be the one to reply to my post with this as evidence. That is why i said nothing on the matter at first but waited to hear from you just so i could let you know that that scene is irrelevant as a reference to Galactus' power level. Why? confused

Because it was Galactus after Celestial manipulation. Galactus under the natural scheme of things, Galactus as we know him has limits and has a capacity FAR from universal spanning.

You referencing that instance as testament to a full power Galactus is like me referencing Binary as the Thanos with the IG as representative of Thanos' power or me referencing Wolverine in his role as Death as representative of the normal Wolverines power.

Why is that all irrelevant? Because all said instances, just like Galactus in that FF4 story arc were brought about by outside factors. They are not a part of said characters, natural, inherent abilities. There is no evidence that said characters could perform such feats without the involvement of said outside factors.

You can tailor a thread to include that Galactus, by saying Galactus after Celestial manipulation, however what you cannot do is equate that incarnation to be a full power Galactus. Because it is NOT. Galactus as we know him gets full on the energies of a handful of planets.

The only thing that the celestial did in that instance was make it so that Galactus was driven insane by hunger from increasing his hunger geometrically through altering his armor. Galactus already had that capacity to convert time / space on his own, however, he keeps himself in check under normal circumstances. What the arc showed was the capacity of what Galactus was capable of, because if he had done that in 616 universe, all of Marvel comics would be gone. They had to have some way to tell the story, thus they used the alternate universe / timeline in order to do so.

grey fox
All of them are distractions.

The only two who have a feasible chance of beating him is Thanos (due to the above mentioned unlimited power at his disposal) and Shuma Gorath ( Galactus doesn't understand magic and within his ream Shuma is about a step away from omnipotence)

GalacticStorm
The only thing that the celestial did in that instance was make it so that Galactus was driven insane by hunger from increasing his hunger geometrically through altering his armor. Galactus already had that capacity to convert time / space on his own, however, he keeps himself in check under normal circumstances. What the arc showed was the capacity of what Galactus was capable of, because if he had done that in 616 universe, all of Marvel comics would be gone. They had to have some way to tell the story, thus they used the alternate universe / timeline in order to do so.

Galactus' armor is a fundamental part of his power. It helps him regulate his energies. Your argument is full of speculation. On panel a normal Galactus free of external factors maxes out after the intake of the energy of a few planets.

Equating a normal Galactus at maximum capacity to Eternity based on the showings of an abnormal Galactus, a Galactus altered by Celestial manipulation, is poor logic. Theres no getting around that.

GalacticStorm

This line shouldnt be in that post : "Binary as the"

Kutulu
Galactus' armor is a fundamental part of his power. It helps him regulate his energies. Your argument is full of speculation. On panel a normal Galactus free of external factors maxes out after the intake of the energy of a few planets.

Show me where, on panel, Galactus has maxed out his intake after a few planets.

Kutulu

He has access to a virtually unlimited energy source with said gem and could use it to make himself invulnerable to whatever Galactus threw at him and he could use it to bolster his energies to beyond anything Galactus could muster.

How is Thanos going to stop Galactus from using the Ultimate Nullifier on him? The ultimate nullifier is part of Galactus, and therefore falls under normal equipment usage of arena rules. It was shown to be during the Abraxas saga.

Thanos_THOTU

Galactus is a limited physical being. He isnt constantly hooked up to an energy source, he eats, he acts, he burns off his reserves. Thanos alone would annihilate.

There was a Galactus thread run by Leonidas a little while ago where this full power Galactus equalling Eternity nonsense was stomped on. That notion is not canon. It is an unsupported fantasy spread by Galactus lovers. Galactus has limits he has a capacity and he reaches that capacity after consuming the energies of multiple planets.

Galactus' energies being sucked out by the elders and used to give life back to a handful of planets.

Galactus eventually getting back to his machniery and using it to reclaim his stolen power and becoming FILL TO CAPACITY

http://img1.putfile.com/thumb/1/313595247.jpg

http://img1.putfile.com/thumb/1/313595296.jpg

http://img1.putfile.com/thumb/1/313595314.jpg

A full power Galactus DOES NOT equal Eternity. Galactus would have to consume the entire universe for that to be the case. As you can clearly see under normal circumstances Galactus does NOT have the capacity some people would have you believe.
Your flaw here is ... That's not full powered Galactus .

GalacticStorm
Show me where, on panel, Galactus has maxed out his intake after a few planets.

I didnt post those scans for no reason. erm

Galactus had his energy stripped from him and it was enough to give life back to 6 or so planets. Nova disrupted the power leeching process by blowing up a sun, Galactus reclaimed his power and said he was full to capacity.

Galactus' word about his capacity is greater than your opinion on the matter.

guy222

Its been said, Galactus becomes a Celestial. He isn't more powerful than them

GalacticStorm
How is Thanos going to stop Galactus from using the Ultimate Nullifier on him? The ultimate nullifier is part of Galactus, and therefore falls under normal equipment usage of arena rules. It was shown to be during the Abraxas saga.

Galactus may be connected with the UN but he has never been shown to be able to just materialize it in thin air to use whenever he wishes. He always has it stored away somewhere. Connected to him, but not a part of his standard equipment. As such your point flops.

The power gem is the gem that amps up the others to cosmic proportions. It is the energy reservoir that the other gems tap into it when they are together as the Gauntlet.

The other gems as standalone tools arent major cosmic powers.

Thanos with the power gem can amp his powers up to the point where hes way beyond Galactus. Thanos could amp his physicality to the point where hes beyond the point that Galactus can hurt him. With the gem he can unleash enough power to annihilate Galactus.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by Thanos_THOTU
Your flaw here is ... That's not full powered Galactus .

Galactus claims the energies to be filling him to capacity. It was pretty much a full powered Galactus. wink

Kutulu
Galactus may be connected with the UN but he has never been shown to be able to just materialize it in thin air to use whenever he wishes. He always has it stored away somewhere. Connected to him, but not a part of his standard equipment. As such your point flops.

http://img237.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bigg3nz8.jpg
http://img130.imageshack.us/my.php?image=unaspectofbiggpu2.jpg
http://img237.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bigg2ip4.jpg

GalacticStorm
http://img237.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bigg3nz8.jpg
http://img130.imageshack.us/my.php?image=unaspectofbiggpu2.jpg
http://img237.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bigg2ip4.jpg

Why are you showing me this? I know what happened i know what was said, how does that change the validity of my last post on the matter? confused

It dooes not erm

Galactus may be connected with the UN. He may claim it to be a very part of himself meaning as demonstrated he has a closer affinity to it than any other being, but as we have seen on panel many a time, Galactus cannot or has not ever shown to carry the UN on him, or regularly materialize it during battle. With that in mind it doesnt count as standard equipment for him. Standard equipment is Mjolnir, Ghost Riders motorbike, Dr Stranges eye of Agamotto. Items characters possess and utilise the majority of time in battle. The UN doesnt qualify. You've lost on that point.

Kutulu
Why are you showing me this? I know what happened i know what was said, how does that change the validity of my last post on the matter? confused

It dooes not erm

Galactus may be connected with the UN. He may claim it to be a very part of himself meaning as demonstrated he has a closer affinity to it than any other being, but as we have seen on panel many a time, Galactus cannot or has not ever shown to carry the UN on him, or regularly materialize it during battle. With that in mind it doesnt count as standard equipment for him. Standard equipment is Mjolnir, Ghost Riders motorbike, Dr Stranges eye of Agamotto. Items characters possess and utilise the majority of time in battle. The UN doesnt qualify. You've lost on that point.

The UN is part of Galactus. It showed it right there in the scan. It also showed him summon it directly. Silver Surfer brings his board to arena fights, in the same manner, the UN is part of Galactus, and he has the ability to summon it directly if he wants, as shown right there, on panel, in the scan that I posted. Happy Dance

Galactus states, and I quote: THE ULTIMATE NULLIFIER. AS MUCH A PART OF ME AS MY HEART ITSELF. This is after he summons the ultimate nullifier.

On-panel.

You lose.

GalacticStorm
The UN is part of Galactus. It showed it right there in the scan. It also showed him summon it directly. Silver Surfer brings his board to arena fights, in the same manner, the UN is part of Galactus, and he has the ability to summon it directly if he wants, as shown right there, on panel, in the scan that I posted. Happy Dance

You've shown Galactus claim the UN to be a part of him and then wrap an energy field around it and snatch it away from Abraxas into his own hand. Not good enough. wink

To win the point you need to post scans of Galactus throughout continuity consistently wielding the UN on panel. Show it to be a standard part of his equipment.

Show it to be used as standard like Mjolnir or Caps shield.

Until then. Your celebrations are both premature and unjustified.

Good try though. big grin

Tenebrous
Thanos with the power gem can amp his powers up to the point where hes way beyond Galactus. Thanos could amp his physicality to the point where hes beyond the point that Galactus can hurt him. With the gem he can unleash enough power to annihilate Galactus.

To use the same argument, has this ever been shown on-panel? Or is it speculation? Champion had use of the power gem when he faced (either she-hulk or silver surfer, i forget) in an arena, and while his powers were increased, it was nothing like "way beyond the power of Galactus."

guy222
Originally posted by Tenebrous
To use the same argument, has this ever been shown on-panel? Or is it speculation? Champion had use of the power gem when he faced (either she-hulk or silver surfer, i forget) in an arena, and while his powers were increased, it was nothing like "way beyond the power of Galactus."

Thanos>Champion

GalacticStorm

Of course T. Otherwise i wouldnt have said it. smile

Champion never used the gems power to its full potential. He was an oaf. He used it just to amp his strength and durability not fully realising what he possessed:

http://img1.putfile.com/thumb/1/914401952.jpg

http://img1.putfile.com/thumb/1/914401998.jpg

When fighting the Gardener the Thanos reiterates the point about the power gem:

http://img1.putfile.com/thumb/1/914402515.jpg

GalacticStorm
I hope ive illustrated my point quite clearly T? confused

The power gem is an energy reservoir to virtually unlimited power. Its what made the IG so impressive. As standalone gems the others packed a wallop but it was with the backing of the power gem that the others became universal threats.

The power gem can back up any force with virtually unlimited power. Be it physical strength, energy powers and so on.

King KAM

The power gem is an energy reservoir to virtually unlimited power. Its what made the IG so impressive. As standalone gems the others packed a wallop but it was with the backing of the power gem that the others became universal threats.

The power gem can back up any force with virtually unlimited power. Be it physical strength, energy powers and so on. without the power gem the rest dont work. GS is correct.

and on that scan he did own you man....come on man! get back in the game!

Thanos_THOTU
Ultimate Nullifier > Marvel Multi-verse
Full power Galactus = Eternity > All the characters you listed, insteed of Superman sundiped for a month you can make it 15,000 years (Superman Prime) Still wont help, Galactus will take this.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by Thanos_THOTU
Ultimate Nullifier > Marvel Multi-verse
Full power Galactus = Eternity > All the characters you listed, insteed of Superman sundiped for a month you can make it 15,000 years (Superman Prime) Still wont help, Galactus will take this.

Thats all opinion. You need to understand that unless you have on panel feats from the characters which conclusively illustrate the point youre making then you cant state it here as if its fact and expect it to be treated seriously.

Normal Galactus without external factors just does not equal Eternity at full power. For that to be the case he would have to consume the entire universe as that is what Eternity is.

Galactus on panel as ive shown has maxed out on the energies of half a dozen planets and when not expending his energy vastly is usually satisfied after just consuming one.

You have no on panel evidence of a standalone Galactus without the involvement of external factors being equal to Eternity at full power. Thats just unsupported speculation.

The Ultimate Nullifier as stated in many official marvel sources and on panel is universal. There is one ambiguous scene where it can be interpreted to have been multiversal, but the crux of the matter is that it was ambiguous. Open to interpretation. Therefore given the established continuity behind the UN tells you its universal and given that Marvel themselves through handbooks and their official site tell you to interpret it as universal then you have no support whatsoever to claim it to be otherwise.

Tenebrous

The power gem can back up any force with virtually unlimited power. Be it physical strength, energy powers and so on.

Good scans, thanks.

However I'm still not very satisfied with the notion of Thanos w/Power Gem being able to defeat Galactus because we have seen what a Thanos w/Power Gem alone can do.

In Infinity Gauntlet, when Adam Warlock's forces engage Thanos, Mephisto reminds Thanos that to combat them with the Gauntlet's full power would be no measure of a challenge at all, so with that he activated solely the power gem. Of course he dispatched them all fairly quickly but was concerned enough to reintegrate the gems once more and use the power of the full gauntlet.

However even if we would set aside the question of Thanos w/full capabilities of the power gem vs. full power galactus, I would still give the nod to Galactus if only because G need only employ his immense telepathic and mental powers to either wrest the gem from Thanos' control or to simply use it for his own means....Thanos may have the power gem in this case, but he does not have the mind gem, and brute power alone would not be sufficient to defeat Galactus.

GalacticStorm
Good scans, thanks.

However I'm still not very satisfied with the notion of Thanos w/Power Gem being able to defeat Galactus because we have seen what a Thanos w/Power Gem alone can do.

In Infinity Gauntlet, when Adam Warlock's forces engage Thanos, Mephisto reminds Thanos that to combat them with the Gauntlet's full power would be no measure of a challenge at all, so with that he activated solely the power gem. Of course he dispatched them all fairly quickly but was concerned enough to reintegrate the gems once more and use the power of the full gauntlet.

However even if we would set aside the question of Thanos w/full capabilities of the power gem vs. full power galactus, I would still give the nod to Galactus if only because G need only employ his immense telepathic and mental powers to either wrest the gem from Thanos' control or to simply use it for his own means....Thanos may have the power gem in this case, but he does not have the mind gem, and brute power alone would not be sufficient to defeat Galactus.

Now this is what im talking about. Well structured argument, with refence to on panel instances as evidence. Best response so far.

We know Galactus is telepathic and can communicate telepathically, however from what we've seen on panel hes passive. He communicates and he has strong defences to fend off tp attack. But where have you seen him attacking on panel?

Thanos is telepathic as well and his immense psychic defences. If you can assume that Galactus' consumption of extra planets can suddenly make the passive telepath that Galactus is a tp force to be reckoned with despite the fact that those energies have nothing to do with tp and hes not gaining additional psychic power from an outside source then i can assume Thanos' skislls will be similarly enhanced when backed by the nigh infinite power of the power gem.

I dont agree with either assumption, but if you can assume so you need to remember it goes both ways.

With the power gem at his command Thanos' own talents would be backed by near infinite power. With a gesture Thanos could unleash the full fury of the gems power on Galactus and given its far superior power to a maxed out Galactus, he just would not survive.

You need to recall that Thanos and his abilities would be hooked up to an unlimited energy reservoir. Galactus is very finite in comparison. He relies on consuming the neergies of planets to maintain his reserves. Fighting Thanos at the intensity he would have to to last more than a second, he would use up those reserves in no time, whilst Thanos would still be going strong.

Galactus illustrated this limitation of his perfectly in his battle against Phoenix:

http://img1.putfile.com/thumb/10/29813174990.jpg

http://img1.putfile.com/thumb/10/29813174987.jpg

No matter how much energy he absorbed, he would eventually use it up. He requires external sustenance. Whilst Thanos would go on without a hitch.

GalacticStorm
Bedtime for me. Be back tomorrow. Good post. Take care.

guy222
Bedtime for me. Be back tomorrow. Good post. Take care.

U be safe, now

Symmetric Chaos

No matter how much energy he absorbed, he would eventually use it up. He requires external sustenance. Whilst Thanos would go on without a hitch.

so Thanos has an unlimited supply of energy to draw on at all times?

swerve1988
All they need is APOC to step in and REGULATE!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.