IGN's top 10 scariest games

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

crazy_shadow
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/742/742932p1.html

Sorry but I have to disagree to ALL of them EXCEPT clock tower..

the only games that actually give me scare are FEAR, Doom3, and silent hill 2...clock tower is only an exception because i played it when i was like 13 and of course it's gonna be scary >.> i'm only 13. but now i don't think so...

condemned?? that made me laugh way more cause of the people smile

#1 disapoints me most...resident evil? makes you jump yeah, but the scare isn't there...doesn't stick with you like silent hill...if they want a game "scary" it needs to stick to you not just last for .5 seconds

AstroFan
I can agree with RE number 1. But not having any Silent Hill game anywere on the list is absolute bullshit.

Mišt
AvP 2? no expression What are they, 5 years old?

Smasandian
I thought AVP2 was scary as hell.

Mišt
Meh, could have done better srug

Röland
Originally posted by Smasandian
I thought AVP2 was scary as hell.

AvP 2 wasn't scary but it did have it's moments I'll give it that.

I can't believe there is not atleast 1 Silent Hill on that list.

crazy_shadow
no FEAR...i mean it has the name of fear in its name!! lol

Impediment
Fatal Frame was boring, IMO.

RE2 is the best of the series by far, because of the multiple scenarios with Leon and Claire. I was so disappointed when I discovered that it wasn't being re-made like RE1 was for Gamecube.

§P0oONY
Originally posted by Impediment
Fatal Frame was boring, IMO.

RE2 is the best of the series by far, because of the multiple scenarios with Leon and Claire. I was so disappointed when I discovered that it wasn't being re-made like RE1 was for Gamecube.

RE2 was the best... Until 4 maybe, but the games were too different to even treat as the same genre.

SpadeKing
X-com UFO defenses? confused what the hell happened to silent hill?

§P0oONY
Realms of the Haunting is scarier than all of those games put together but no one's ever heard of it.

Lana
System Shock 2 definitely belongs where it is...holy shit did that game creep me out. Scary ****ing game.

RE has scared me enough where I literally can't play the games, and Silent Hill should also be on there, I think.

Kaled
ok let me do what i do best, shove opinions down then bugger off.

10. Condemned - not as such

9. Alone in the Dark - see i didn't find this scary

8. Aliens VS Predator 2 - alien was scarey when it came out, not now

7. Siren - can't say

6. Clive Barker's Undying - can't say

5. X-COM: UFO Defense - again, no idea

4. Clock Tower - yeah that was

3. Fatal Frame 2 - don't know

2. System Shock 2 - didn't play much, so critisim is probbly invalid

1. Resident Evil - *cracks knuckles* no resident evil was scary, sorry no sale here

Games they missed:

Doom 3 - come on!! lights going out, turn on a flashling and thers a monster in your face, this is my number 1, even some guy i know only play it at day, turn it midnight all on your oen, full volume, open windows so the doors move no expression

FEAR - credit must be due here, okay i haven't finished it, but all the same

Area 51 - not scary but i thought it was a good gorey game

Silent hill - ..... neeed i say anything?

Realms of the Haunting - i haven't played it, but i saw my cousin playiing it, does seem like it belongs on the list

TricksterPriest
Siren. Nuff said. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siren_%28video_game%29

Scariest ****ing game ever. And guess who's making the movie version? Sam Raimi.

Kayne Archeron
the only games i can see being on that list are Condemned, Clock Tower, and Siren. even Myst was more disturbing than the rest of the list. and no Silent Hill??? they were probably to scared shitless by the artwork of the games to even play them XD

Smasandian
Remember, the list is made from the games when they came out. Obviously, alot of those games are not scary due to the graphics of the game, but they were released, they freaked the shit out of people.

I thought AVP2 was scary because I get freaked about facehuggers and playing the marine level was freaky when those things were walking around.

Ushgarak
Anyone not saying System Shock should be on the list is a fool.

And I gotta agree with X-Com; the early ones were VERY tense and scary.

office jesus
..Am I the only one that wasn't really impressed with Dead Rising ?

Smasandian
What does that have to do with anything?

crazy_shadow
Originally posted by Kaled
ok let me do what i do best, shove opinions down then bugger off.

10. Condemned - not as such

9. Alone in the Dark - see i didn't find this scary

8. Aliens VS Predator 2 - alien was scarey when it came out, not now

7. Siren - can't say

6. Clive Barker's Undying - can't say

5. X-COM: UFO Defense - again, no idea

4. Clock Tower - yeah that was

3. Fatal Frame 2 - don't know

2. System Shock 2 - didn't play much, so critisim is probbly invalid

1. Resident Evil - *cracks knuckles* no resident evil was scary, sorry no sale here

Games they missed:

Doom 3 - come on!! lights going out, turn on a flashling and thers a monster in your face, this is my number 1, even some guy i know only play it at day, turn it midnight all on your oen, full volume, open windows so the doors move no expression

FEAR - credit must be due here, okay i haven't finished it, but all the same

Area 51 - not scary but i thought it was a good gorey game

Silent hill - ..... neeed i say anything?

Realms of the Haunting - i haven't played it, but i saw my cousin playiing it, does seem like it belongs on the list

agreed

Originally posted by Smasandian
Remember, the list is made from the games when they came out. Obviously, alot of those games are not scary due to the graphics of the game

condemned is pretty new..

Smasandian
And I said alot of these games, not all the games...so a few were new.

But, I still think Condemned was a freaky game. Obviously you dont, but I do. Difference of opinion.

crazy_shadow
sorry took "a lot" the wrong way ^.^

Smasandian
Cool. Hahaha.

J-Beowulf
Originally posted by crazy_shadow
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/742/742932p1.html

Sorry but I have to disagree to ALL of them EXCEPT clock tower..

the only games that actually give me scare are FEAR, Doom3, and silent hill 2...clock tower is only an exception because i played it when i was like 13 and of course it's gonna be scary >.> i'm only 13. but now i don't think so...

condemned?? that made me laugh way more cause of the people smile

#1 disapoints me most...resident evil? makes you jump yeah, but the scare isn't there...doesn't stick with you like silent hill...if they want a game "scary" it needs to stick to you not just last for .5 seconds

Yeah I agree. I've only played the demo of F.E.A.R. and that game scared the hell out of me. Doom 3.. I rented it, and couldn't play it past the first two levels unless I had a buddy over. I've seen a friend of mine playing Silent Hill 2... and even with him there it was probably the creepiest thing ever.

dirkdirden

Gregory
Clock Tower? Yeh, I can see that. I'd maybe replace it with Haunting Ground, though.

Resident Evil? No. And don't talk to me about dated graphics; Silent Hill is still scary, and those graphics are dated as hell. It just isn't very good; if you wanted to put an RE game on the list, why not 4 or Code Veronica?

Siren? Scary, but man oh man, that's a terrible game.

Alone In the Dark? Any list that ranks Alone In the Dark but not a single Silent Hill game has issues.

Fatal Frame 3: Haven't played it, but if it maintains the quality of 1 and 2, certainly.

crazy_shadow
edit : wrong thread LOL

Mattomic
Resident Evil 1 is a freaky game!!!

It scared the living bajesus out of me when I first played, whereas Silent Hill?? Not so much.....

K73SK
Originally posted by Mattomic
Resident Evil 1 is a freaky game!!!

It scared the living bajesus out of me when I first played, whereas Silent Hill?? Not so much.....

you're unique.. scared of RE but not SH? ...it's like you were born feet first!!! scared

Deano
both games scared me. silent hill more so because it was more dark and you never knew what lurked in the dark.

but no game can beat resident evil 1. that game just blew me away.

K73SK
THIS IS DISPAPOINTING OF WHAT IGN HAS TO SAY ABOUT FEAR....

F.E.A.R. didn't evoke in me the kind of intensity that Gears of War did. That's probably because it's one year old and already out on the PC, but it's also because, and this sounds simpy, the Achievements are ridiculous. For the most part, they are a lot tougher than need be. But like it or not, Achievements have become a real compelling reason to play a game. They can honestly be a deciding factor for me about which games I play in my spare time. The other reason I wasn't that interested in F.E.A.R. is because it doesn't have a co-op mode, which I feel should be in PC ports and most FPSes. Halo always has had it and its inclusion proved to be a huge reason Halo and Halo 2 had so much replayability.

NO CO-OP? no shit, i mean it's made for FEAR not pure "fun fun big grin" -.-

IceJaw
FEAR wasn't all that scary, didn't even find those strange flashbacks (or whatever they were) scary just strange and bloody. The office was kind of scary but only when those ninja guys flashed through the windows.

K73SK
Originally posted by IceJaw
FEAR wasn't all that scary, didn't even find those strange flashbacks (or whatever they were) scary just strange and bloody. The office was kind of scary but only when those ninja guys flashed through the windows. did you play it on PC or 360 first...and did you play in the dark /w speakers, or did you play in daylight /w friends....

friends = not scary, only good when you've beaten the game
by yourself = always lovely

sort of like the pc version of doom3

IceJaw
On PC and I've tried the 360 version, the whole feel I felt from the PC version was gone and the controls sucked balls.

I played it around night, alone with a surround system and without any lights.

The game delivered some good action but horror? Nope erm

K73SK
Originally posted by IceJaw
On PC and I've tried the 360 version, the whole feel I felt from the PC version was gone and the controls sucked balls.

I played it around night, alone with a surround system and without any lights.

The game delivered some good action but horror? Nope erm well you're weird!!!

IceJaw
Nope!!!doped

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.