Dominant NBA Centers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BloodyHell222
simple topic.... If any... who do you think the dominant NBA CENTERS are currently in the NBA. confused

Lord Evolution
Shaq....that's just about it.

Although there are some dominant power forwards who can play Center, but there is only 1 true center in the NBA right now.

BloodyHell222
Originally posted by Lord Evolution
Shaq....that's just about it.

Although there are some dominant power forwards who can play Center, but there is only 1 true center in the NBA right now.

Finally Someone with some common sense. cheers

Lord Evolution
Nevermind I forgot about Yao

koolruningz
Yao is already dominant and he showed it against Shaq last night. Yao seems to have finally realised how damn big he is, he's always had the skills but never had the aggression and confidence it takes to be an elite big man. He also used to struggle with conditioning but that seems to be a thing of the past to.

I hope one day i can put my dude Bynum up there with the dominant big men, in a league that seems to be moving away from traditional back to the basket centers i think it will be easier for the few really good ones to stand out. No doubt Oden will be right up there once he gets used to the NBA, i'd love to see Bynum and Oden going at it for years to come like Wilt and Russell, Kareem and Parish, Hakeem and Robinson and Shaq and Mourning.

RecSpecs110
Exactly. Yao IS a dominant center. He doesn't have to be "Shaq-like" in order to be dominant. Shaq is Shaq, I don't think there will be anyone (and I mean anyone) like him in the future, but that does not mean that he's the only dominant center. Yao may be "softer" than other centers, but tell me this... Who averages more points and rebounds? Yao. Who has a much higher efficiency? Yao. Who's only in his 5th season and is still improving rapidly towards his peak? Yao.

koolruningz
Shaq has always dominated with raw power and athleticism, thats why he is declining so quickly. Now that he cant barrel in and dunk on people like he used to he has to take shots further out and the results speak for themselves. He still draws alot of attention though and the Heat will be successful as long as that happens because it opens the game up for Wade to do his thing.

Kareem was dominant for many years but he didnt rely on power to score, thats why he was able to play for so long. As long as he kept in shape he was able to be productive because he had many ways to score. Thats what i love about young Bynum, he doesnt rely on his athleticism to score which will hopefully help him have a long career like his teacher Kareem.

RecSpecs110
Bynum has shown his huge improvement this year, but he has a whole career ahead of him before he becomes dominant.

forumcrew
Originally posted by Lord Evolution
Nevermind I forgot about Yao

yea Yao just went to town on Shaq

koolruningz
Originally posted by RecSpecs110
Bynum has shown his huge improvement this year, but he has a whole career ahead of him before he becomes dominant.

I hoping that he might become dominant sometime during his career. wink

RecSpecs110
Originally posted by koolruningz
I hoping that he might become dominant sometime during his career. wink

Yeah, I wasn't refuting your statement. I was simply stating the obvious.

koolruningz
I was just joking man, the way you worded it sounded like he would be dominant after his career.

Moving on though, how about the "Big Humble" Shaq praising Yao for a great game the other day?

Sour grapes maybe?

RecSpecs110
Wow, Shaq said that? So typical of his arrogance. See, this is what I hate about him. This is what ticks me off. He disses Yao a few years ago saying nonsense about how good he is or whatever, and I actually saw him on TV mocking Yao with racial slurs. And then after Yao kicks his ass about a million times (allstar starts, crucial matchups, etc.), Shaq is still a sour puss and says crap like this, when he all he has to do is make a simple compliment to Yao, and I would be fine with it. At least he can say, "He played really well" or "He's a great player, and that's what great players do," or something like that. That way he doesn't look like a jealous jackass in front of everybody. But of course it doesn't matter because, "Shaq, OMG, he's so great and dominant! He's the best player ever!" When it's actually Yao that is about 100x more fundamentally sound then him. If Yao had Shaq's body, he would be utterly invincible.

"He's pretty much the same, just big, 7-6???" Wow, what a dumbass. He probably doesn't even realize how harsh of a comment that was. Typical, Typical.

koolruningz
In comparison here is what Yao had to say about Shaq after the same game:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/recap?gid=2006111214

RecSpecs110
Message to Yao: C'mon man! That bonehead doesn't deserve all those kind words from you. Rather, this is the time to rub it in his face! Yeah, make your mark in the league. Prove that guy who's boss.

Yeah, I had a feeling Yao would say something like this. He's at least generous, political, and humble, UNLIKE SOME PEOPLE, who make millions of dollars while sitting on the bench, injured, half of the time and lay eggs when their team needs them, only to have other people like Dwyane Wade bail their asses out.

As I read Shaq's comments and then Yao's comments, it just sickens me more and more. How are you in that much denial to say such a hurtful thing? It's simple really. Shaq doesn't even have to mean it if he gives Yao a small compliment. But yeah, with Shaq's IQ of 47, of course he ventilates every fricken thing in his thick skull, so we know how he truly feels for Yao.

Who would've guessed? Here's one player whose kind, humble, hard working, and actually gets the salary he DESERVES, while we have another, who farts around, cracks hurtful remarks on others, is EXTREMELY overpaid, and wants all the attention to himself.

Myth
Message to Yao: C'mon man! That bonehead doesn't deserve all those kind words from you. Rather, this is the time to rub it in his face! Yeah, make your mark in the league. Prove that guy who's boss.

That wouldn't be wise. First, if Yao made negative comments, then he is just sinking to the same childish level. This makes Yao the bigger man. Second, Yao can't talk trash to Shaq because Shaq could spin it by saying, "How many championships does he have? How many MVP awards? What has he honestly achieved?" Humble is the best approach for Yao, plus he comes from a humble culture that wouldn't appreciate him doing that as well.

RecSpecs110
I was only kidding, Myth. I know Yao shouldn't stoop down to Shaq's level. that's part of the reason why I like him as a player. He's a no nonsense player.

But if Shaq really said, "What has he honestly achieved?," I would LMAO.

Myth
Me too. laughing

BobbyD
I miss Hakeem Olajuwon. I think he was the best center pound for pound, inch for inch when you consider power, shooting, shot blocking, finesse, passing, heck even dribbling. He simply had no weaknesses. smile

Darth Martin
Shaq
Yao
Camby
Amare
Mourning
Big Ben
Okur

Darth Scythe
Yao schooled Shaq so bad he announced he's getting surgery today.

But no one is dominates like Shaquille can. Yao can set a pace but not be the intimidator Shaq is. And while Ben Wallace, Emeka , and Camby are good defensively, they're pretty much undersized(underweight in Camby's case) to be a true center. Even Amare is seeing alot of PF time.

The only true centers around now(and this isn't based on how good or bad they are) are Kaman, Ilgauskas, Nazr Mohammed, Magloire, Nesterovic, Yao, and Shaquille. Everyone else is either undersized or center sized with a PF game.

Bynum will be there soon.

Myth
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Shaq
Yao
Camby
Amare
Mourning
Big Ben
Okur

Camby, Okur and Mourning? They aren't consistent enough to be considered dominant IMO.

RecSpecs110
Mourning sucks ass. Not to mention he should go to hell.

DanZeke25
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MGCub_a3mw

YAO GOT BLOCKED BY NATE ROBINSON!!! laughing laughing laughing

Again, one of the softest centers in the league can not be considered dominat, only considered pretty good.

koolruningz
Thats only if you consider dominance to be directly linked to power only. Yao is not a power player, never will be but he dominates with low post moves like the turn around, the jump hook and up and under. I think we have got so used to using Shaq as the definition of dominance that when a player dominates with skill its doesnt stand out.

Also Nate Robinson may be a dwarf but he is built like a brick shithouse and has plenty of ups, its not like he was blocked by Steve Nash. Granted Yao is 7-6, but he has never been an explosive jumper thats one of the reasons he get dunked on so often (he doesnt get off the floor quick enough). Just because he doesnt have a mean steak doesnt mean he isnt dominant right now, i have certainly labeled him as soft in the past but he has been proving me wrong with his play at the end of last season and the start of this one.

RecSpecs110
Originally posted by DanZeke25
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MGCub_a3mw

YAO GOT BLOCKED BY NATE ROBINSON!!! laughing laughing laughing

Again, one of the softest centers in the league can not be considered dominat, only considered pretty good.

It was a great play by Robinson, but you can't deny everything Yao has accomplished over 1 stupid play. Again for 5 millionth time, you don't have to be "Shaq-like" in order to be dominant. There will only be one Shaq, no one will dominate like him. EVER. So, you're just going to omit all of Yao's fundamental skills and efficiency and not call him a dominant center, when he has kicked Shaq's ass so many times, just because he doesn't have the biggest hops and he got blocked on 1 play? Wow, that's harsh. I can understand if you laugh at the play, but to use that as you backup as to why he's not dominant is just wrong. Robinson is a tremendous athlete and can block anyone with the right timing, even Shaq if Shaq played more often. Yao is a dominant center in the league, period. it's going to take a little more than 1 play to change my mind.

DanZeke25
It was a great play by Robinson, but you can't deny everything Yao has accomplished over 1 stupid play. Again for 5 millionth time, you don't have to be "Shaq-like" in order to be dominant. There will only be one Shaq, no one will dominate like him. EVER. So, you're just going to omit all of Yao's fundamental skills and efficiency and not call him a dominant center, when he has kicked Shaq's ass so many times, just because he doesn't have the biggest hops and he got blocked on 1 play? Wow, that's harsh. I can understand if you laugh at the play, but to use that as you backup as to why he's not dominant is just wrong. Robinson is a tremendous athlete and can block anyone with the right timing, even Shaq if Shaq played more often. Yao is a dominant center in the league, period. it's going to take a little more than 1 play to change my mind.

I'm not using it as backup as to why he is not dominant, they just happen to be in the same post.

I'm just saying, I don't consider soft players dominant. He might be very good a low post moves and such, but I don't consider it dominant unless you do it most of the time. I consider Yao to be a very good player, not dominant. Sure, if you compare to all the other centers in the league, Yao is dominant, there is no arguement there. But th Center position is the weakest position there.

Myth
I think Yao is dominant considering the competition, but put him in the league 10 years ago, no way would he be dominant.

RecSpecs110
I'm not using it as backup as to why he is not dominant, they just happen to be in the same post.

I'm just saying, I don't consider soft players dominant. He might be very good a low post moves and such, but I don't consider it dominant unless you do it most of the time. I consider Yao to be a very good player, not dominant. Sure, if you compare to all the other centers in the league, Yao is dominant, there is no arguement there. But th Center position is the weakest position there.

But isn't this thread called "Dominant NBA Centers?" confused We are comparing him to other centers.

wuTa
I wouldn't say yao is dominate, he's on track to getting there. To be dominate you need to be able to put a team on your back and carry them when they need you to. Yao needs to do more than putup good stats for that title, like make a playoff run. I can't consider a player who never put his team in the playoffs domintate, but like I said he's gettin there. Right now there aren't too many dominate centers in the league. Shaq is declining and getting less Shaqlike every year. The only person who I can think of right now that is dominate at that position is Tim Duncan.

RecSpecs110
Yao has carried the rockets on his back last season and this season. confused The rockets did bad because T-mac was injured and a few other guys were simply under acheivers, but nonetheless, Yao was playing phenomenally. There were a lot of games where the team was lost, and he took the scoring and rebounding load to lead them to victory. It would help if T-mac was there to help him. Imagine what Shaq and the Heat would be if Dwyane was out. Yeah...not a pretty picture if you ask me.

wuTa
You pretty much proved my whole point in what you just said. You can't consider someone dominant who has never made the playoffs. If Yao was so dominant than he would have made all those underacheivers for the Rockets better, because thats what dominant players do, they elevate everyones game.

RecSpecs110
Originally posted by wuTa
You pretty much proved my whole point in what you just said. You can't consider someone dominant who has never made the playoffs. If Yao was so dominant than he would have made all those underacheivers for the Rockets better, because thats what dominant players do, they elevate everyones game.

Yao made it to the playoffs. Just not last year. Dominant players don't have to elavate other players' games. Sometimes that's just not possible. Underacheivers stay as underacheivers sometimes. I wouldn't consider Shaq as a player who elavated others anymore than I would to Yao.

wuTa
Yea, it is possible. Thats why there "Dominate" players. I'm gonna ignore your last sentence because if you actually think that, than you dont know as much about basketball as you think you do.

RecSpecs110
Sorry I'm being picky, I thought it was just a typo at first, but it's "Dominant" not "Dominate." "Dominant" is the adjective, while "Dominate" is the verb.

Back to the point: No, sometimes it isn't possible. You need to understand that some players have things go through 1 ear and out through the other. In other words, no matter how good the situation or whether they play with 1 of the greatest leaders (ie Nash) in the 1 of the greatest teams, they just don't play up to par. The Heat for instance is individually the best team in the league and should be powering over other teams even when Shaq is off the floor. They should have cruised through the playoffs and finals last year considering how much man power they have. 5 guys off their bench would suit as very decent starters in other teams. That's how good talent wise they are. So why are they not powering over other teams? Because those guys are slacking off and putting basically the enite burden on Wade, even with Shaq (your only dominant player) on the floor.

So, in the end, you can't blame Yao for not making his teammates better, when Miami (Shaq's team) also has a bunch of underachievers as well. You can only blame the teammates for doing so, because they just don't listen and learn. They're not called underachievers for nothing.

DanZeke25
Sorry I'm being picky, I thought it was just a typo at first, but it's "Dominant" not "Dominate." "Dominant" is the adjective, while "Dominate" is the verb.

Back to the point: No, sometimes it isn't possible. You need to understand that some players have things go through 1 ear and out through the other. In other words, no matter how good the situation or whether they play with 1 of the greatest leaders (ie Nash) in the 1 of the greatest teams, they just don't play up to par. The Heat for instance is individually the best team in the league and should be powering over other teams even when Shaq is off the floor. They should have cruised through the playoffs and finals last year considering how much man power they have. 5 guys off their bench would suit as very decent starters in other teams. That's how good talent wise they are. So why are they not powering over other teams? Because those guys are slacking off and putting basically the enite burden on Wade, even with Shaq (your only dominant player) on the floor.

So, in the end, you can't blame Yao for not making his teammates better, when Miami (Shaq's team) also has a bunch of underachievers as well. You can only blame the teammates for doing so, because they just don't listen and learn. They're not called underachievers for nothing.

Miami is Shaq's team? Are you nuts? It's Wade's team. If it wasn't for Wade the Heat might not get passed the first round.

RecSpecs110
I meant that Shaq is in Miami, and that he's not playing up to par. If you read the rest of my post, couldn't you tell that I was trying to make Shaq seem less dominant? I even said all the burden was on Wade.

DanZeke25
I meant that Shaq is in Miami, and that he's not playing up to par. If you read the rest of my post, couldn't you tell that I was trying to make Shaq seem less dominant? I even said all the burden was on Wade.

Oh, I see. Yes I could tell by the rest of your post, but it seemed like you were contradicting yourself. I mean, who here doesn't know that Shaq plays for Miami?

RecSpecs110
Oh, I see. Yes I could tell by the rest of your post, but it seemed like you were contradicting yourself. I mean, who here doesn't know that Shaq plays for Miami?

I was only trying to emphasize that dominant players are still considered dominant (ie Shaq in Miami) even though they are surrounded by a bunch of underachievers.

wuTa
Yea ok, Yao is more "dominant" than Shaq. Yao's 0 rings, and 1 trip to the playoffs(which he lost to Shaq btw) is far more dominant than Shaqs 4 rings and numerous trips to postseasons. "Dominant" players don't make excuses and blame other players which is exactly what your doing for Yao. Those underacheivers in Miami have a ring because of a dominant player, which is why people can say that player is "dominant"", albeit its was Wade instead of Shaq, but Shaq did the same thing in Olrando and LA. Just because Yao averages 25 pts and 12 rpg don't make him dominant. So, I guess Yao is a better Center than Bill Russell at this point in Yao's career. Give me a break. As of right now theres only one dominant center in the league right now, and its Duncan, maybe Yao will get there in the future, hell he might even get there this year, but he still needs to take one more step before he deserves that title.

Myth
I think the terms "dominant" and "elite" seem to be getting mixed up.

RecSpecs110
Originally posted by wuTa
Yea ok, Yao is more "dominant" than Shaq. Yao's 0 rings, and 1 trip to the playoffs(which he lost to Shaq btw) is far more dominant than Shaqs 4 rings and numerous trips to postseasons. "Dominant" players don't make excuses and blame other players which is exactly what your doing for Yao. Those underacheivers in Miami have a ring because of a dominant player, which is why people can say that player is "dominant"", albeit its was Wade instead of Shaq, but Shaq did the same thing in Olrando and LA. Just because Yao averages 25 pts and 12 rpg don't make him dominant. So, I guess Yao is a better Center than Bill Russell at this point in Yao's career. Give me a break. As of right now theres only one dominant center in the league right now, and its Duncan, maybe Yao will get there in the future, hell he might even get there this year, but he still needs to take one more step before he deserves that title.

But Yao's a lot younger than Shaq. You can't compare how many rings they have. Before Shaq got his first ring in LA, you would still consider him as a dominant center, wouldn't you?

wuTa
Yea I would, but thats because Shaq brought his team to numerous playoffs, including a trip to the finals while elevating his teammates play, remember how good Penny Hardaway was with Shaq? Yea, he wasnt as good w/o Shaq, that wasnt a quocidence. And you just said what I've been sayin all along, its too early to call Yao Dominant. He hasn't proven to earn that title as of yet.

RecSpecs110
That's just one person. I bet there have been players on other teams that improved when they joined the Rockets.

wuTa
Actually, there hasn't been, not because of Yao atleast, not yet. Penny is a player who Shaq elevated to superstar status. Houston had to bring in a superstar for Yao. Other players Shaq improved were more role players but had there games elevated nontheless. Rick Foxx, Kareem Rush, Robert Horry, and even Kobe all benfited from Shaq and were part of the Lakers titles runs because of Shaqs Dominance. Same could be said about Penny, Skiles, and Nick Anderson in Orlando. Just like the same could be said about Grant, Paxson, Kucoc, and even Pippen with Jordan.

RecSpecs110
Shaq may have helped Kobe a little, but Kobe plays better without him. And all the other guys you mentioned are nowhere near superstar level. You also can't say Shaq elavated Penny. Penny shined and Shaq helped him.

You could make an argument for Steve Francis and Jim Jackson, but nonetheless, nobody takes the credit for elavating someone else into a superstar. A superstar elavates himself with help from others.

wuTa
Dude, what the hell are you babbling about. It sounds like you keep contradicting yourself. Penny shiny by himself but Shaq helped him. Yea, helped him elevate his game to superstar status, because w/o Shaq, Penny didnt have nearly the success he had with him. Thats a fact. I'm starting to think you don't know what the term "dominant" means. So what if those guys aren't superstar level, thats not the point. The part is Shaq elevated there games and carried them to championship rings, and championship games, thus Shaq=Dominant. Yao can't even do that with a Superstar teammate. Jim Jackson a superstar? Please tell me your joking, and Steve France was(notice i sad "was"wink a superstar in Houston long before Yao ever showed up there.

RecSpecs110
I never said Jim Jackson was a superstar, but I said you could (key word COULD) make the case that Yao helped him and Francis because once Yao got a lot more attention in the post, they got more open looks. How am I contradicting myself? I said that you shouldn't say Shaq elevated Penny. Did you misunderstand me? Seems like you did, because when you say Shaq elevated him, you're basically giving the majority of the credit to Shaq for Penny's success. That's not right. I said Shaq helped him (helped him and elevated him are 2 different terms, at least in my book). I also didn't say Penny shined by himself. I tried to say that he should get the credit for his success. It's like saying Yao is doing very well, mainly because T-mac is elevating him into a superstar. Yeah, it doesn't sound right.

I think your definition of "dominant" is different from mine. You're basically saying that you have to win rings and get to the finals often in order to be dominant. That's not my definition of being dominant. I think if you average a double-double (at least 20 and 10) and you're a force that opponents have to always be wary of from the outside, the inside, and the FT line (not Shaq), you should be considered dominant. Whether underachievers decide to slack off or not, they should not interfere with Yao's consideration for dominance.

BTW, "Penny shiny by himself." Dude, I don't have OCD and I've tried to ignore it so far, but your grammar and spelling is getting to the point where it's hard to understand what you're saying. Please pay more close attention.

wuTa
I'll start paying more attention to my grammer, when you start paying more attention to your idiocracy. Like I said, Francis was a superstar before Yao was around, and Jackson play with the Kings showed he could play w/o Yao.. You "could" say Yao elevated Franci's and Jackson's game. You "could" also say Kwame Brown deserved to be a number 1 drat pick, but only someone with below baskteball intelligence would say such things. So, I guess by your definition Yao is a more dominant Center than Bill Russell, Shaq, Walt Champerlain, and Kareem Abdul Jabeer. Hell, lets put Patrick Ewing on that list too because he had a better jump shot, could post up and could shoot from the line for good percentage.

I'm just nearly stating a fact when I say Penny was at his best when he played with Shaq. Yea, having championship rings and gettin to the finals does prove your greatness(i.e "dominant"wink. Micheal Jordan, Larry Bird, Bill Russell, Shaq. Bill Russell. What do all these players have in common? They dominated there competition from top to bottom, and they got rings to show for it. Any great player could put up good numbers. Dominque Wilkins. John Stocton, Karl Malone, Reggie Miller, Charles Barkely. Now what do all these players have in common besides being great? No rings, and they don't have rings because greater players(i.e. the term "dominant"or since your such an English Major "more dominant"wink beat them.

And for the record, you "could" b!tch about my grammar all you want. It's not like I'm getting graded for it. I've been posting here for 3 years and your the only person who has ever b!tched about it, and oddly enough I'm calling you and you're boy Yao Ming out in the process. (and doing a damn good job at it if I do say so myself)

wuTa
I'll start paying more attention to my grammer, when you start paying more attention to your idiocy. Like I said, Francis was a superstar before Yao was around, and Jackson play with the Kings showed he could play w/o Yao.. You "could" say Yao elevated Francis and Jackson's game. You "could" also say Kwame Brown deserved to be a number 1 drat pick, but only someone with below basketball intelligence would say such things. So, I guess by your definition Yao is a more dominant Center than Bill Russell, Shaq, Walt Chamberlain, and Kareem Abdul Jabeer. Hell, lets put Patrick Ewing on that list too because he had a better jump shot, could post up and could shoot from the line for good percentage.

I'm just nearly stating a fact when I say Penny was at his best when he played with Shaq. Yea, having championship rings and gettin to the finals does prove your greatness(i.e "dominant"wink. Micheal Jordan, Larry Bird, Bill Russell, Shaq. Bill Russell. What do all these players have in common? They dominated there competition from top to bottom, and they got rings to show for it. Any great player could put up good numbers. Dominque Wilkins. John Stocton, Karl Malone, Reggie Miller, Charles Barkely. Now what do all these players have in common besides being great? No rings, and they don't have rings because greater players(i.e. the term "dominant"or since your such an English Major "more dominant"wink beat them.

And for the record, you "could" b!tch about my grammar all you want. It's not like I'm getting graded for it. I've been posting here for 3 years and your the only person who has ever b!tched about it, and oddly enough I'm calling you and you're boy Yao Ming out in the process. (and doing a damn good job at it if I do say so myself)

Myth
no expression

RecSpecs110
Sheesh...you need to take a chill pill. I just had a little trouble understanding what you were writing, that's all. No need to take it like I dissed your family.

Now to the point. You need to stop changing the topic. Forget about Francis and Jackson. I know Francis was a superstar before Yao, stop bringing it up. All I said was when Yao came to Houston, he helped Francis, because more attention was down low, leaving Francis open more frequently. Stop being so annoying and reason with what I'm saying. Try to think what I mean, rather than blind read my posts. I only brought them up to support my point that you can't say, "Player A elevated his teammates more than Player B did to his, so Player A is dominant and Player B isn't." It doesn't work that way. You could say Player A is more dominant than Player B, but you can't simply shun Player B from be dominant. Again, I think we just have different definitions of being dominant.

And where the hell did you get me saying Yao is more dominant than Kareem, Bill Russell, and Wilt? Heck, I didn't say Yao was more dominant than Shaq, but I consider Yao a dominant center TODAY, partially because the majority of centers today are weak.

Calling me an idiot doesn't phase me at all, because it only proves to me how much more of an idiot and an ignorant person you are. It's sort of ironic how you call me that and then you show me the grammar of a 4th grader and call me out on things beside the point.

In conclusion, I think Yao is A (not the only) dominant center in the league TODAY. Whatever crap about Kareem, Wilt, and Russell, you brought up has nothing to do with what I said. I didn't even come close to saying that Yao was more dominant than Shaq, which you seem to be pointlessly trying to prove. Even if Yao didn't elevate anybody in his team, he's still a dominant center today IMO, because of the weak competition.

I am done arguing with you (I mean it) and you can reply, if you want to get the last word, but just a bit of advice for the future in debates or life in general: Before deciding to insult someone, make sure you cover up your errors that make you look bad (ie spelling and grammar) because it may seem like nothing to you, but believe me it makes a big difference in the long run. You will recieve much more credibility, even in casual forums like this, by paying close attention to detail.

wuTa
Thanks, I'll gladly take the last word.

Now to the point. You need to stop changing the topic. Forget about Francis and Jackson. I know Francis was a superstar before Yao, stop bringing it up. All I said was when Yao came to Houston, he helped Francis, because more attention was down low, leaving Francis open more frequently. Stop being so annoying and reason with what I'm saying. Try to think what I mean, rather than blind read my posts. I only brought them up to support my point that you can't say, "Player A elevated his teammates more than Player B did to his, so Player A is dominant and Player B isn't." It doesn't work that way. You could say Player A is more dominant than Player B, but you can't simply shun Player B from be dominant. Again, I think we just have different definitions of being dominant.

Whoever said Steve Francis was dominant? I never said that , I said he was a superstar, not dominant. You're just as blinded by my post, as appearantly I am with yours. I said Shaq elevated players game and you tried to say that Yao elevated Francis and Jacksons game which he didn't, oh wait, I'm sorry, you said someone "could" say that Yao elevated peoples game, that doesn't change the fact that he didn't. Now, Yao may have gave Francis some better looks, and Francis may have gave Yao some good dishes, but neither evelated each others game to another level.

And where the hell did you get me saying Yao is more dominant than Kareem, Bill Russell, and Wilt? Heck, I didn't say Yao was more dominant than Shaq, but I consider Yao a dominant center TODAY, partially because the majority of centers today are weak.

You may not have directly said Yao was more dominant than Shaq but you implied he was on the same level "I wouldn't consider Shaq as a player who elavated others anymore than I would to Yao."

I think if you average a double-double (at least 20 and 10) and you're a force that opponents have to always be wary of from the outside, the inside, and the FT line (not Shaq), you should be considered dominant.

This is where I got off saying why don't you put Yao ahead of players like Russell and such, because Russel, Chamberlain, and Kareem didnt have good outside Shots, and Russell never averaged more than 15 ppg in a season, so by your definition Yao is more dominant.

QUOTE=7844292]Originally posted by RecSpecs110

Calling me an idiot doesn't phase me at all, because it only proves to me how much more of an idiot and an ignorant person you are. It's sort of ironic how you call me that and then you show me the grammar of a 4th grader and call me out on things beside the point.

Yea dude, say what you want, but i consider it somewhat ironic that your'e telling me how to get respect in these forums, while I'm pretty confident that I've already earned the repects of the regular posters here, while you're still trying to get it.

In conclusion, I think Yao is A (not the only) dominant center in the league TODAY. Whatever crap about Kareem, Wilt, and Russell, you brought up has nothing to do with what I said. I didn't even come close to saying that Yao was more dominant than Shaq, which you seem to be pointlessly trying to prove. Even if Yao didn't elevate anybody in his team, he's still a dominant center today IMO, because of the weak competition.

Again, you did Imply that Yao was on the same level as Shaq. You keep seeing the same things in all of your paragraphs, I already rebutted this so i'm not gonna repeat myself.(take a note, this would shorten your posts, and save you some time)

I am done arguing with you (I mean it) and you can reply, if you want to get the last word, but just a bit of advice for the future in debates or life in general: Before deciding to insult someone, make sure you cover up your errors that make you look bad (ie spelling and grammar) because it may seem like nothing to you, but believe me it makes a big difference in the long run. You will recieve much more credibility, even in casual forums like this, by paying close attention to detail.

Again, more repeating of the same things, and more irony about credibitly you don't even have. Here's a tip for you, When you're in a basketball thread, you might want to keep on track with basketball, if you want to call somewhat out on grammar I suggest you teach English, or find an English Forum somewhere.

RecSpecs110
I respect you, I didn't say I didn't. Whether you respect me or not, I'm still entitled to my own opinion.

wuTa
No one never said you weren't entitled to your opinion, however I do thing you need to be more specific in your opinions, and I need to work on being more clear on mine, It probally would have saved us alot of time, and confusion

wuTa
Damn double post(Ignore this)

RecSpecs110
Yeah, we could have ended this much sooner. But I have the record for the longest argument in the other thread that lasted like 9 pages, literally.

koolruningz
You guys need to hug this one out. laughing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.