Need of girl song!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

sugarrogue
I need some rock or metal songs, played by girls. Have anny ideas, plz tell me. wink

Slay
Kittie springs to mind. If you're looking for something that isn't shit, I can't help you.

Imaginary
Played? Or will just vocals do?

mysterio69
sleater-kinney. try them.

jaden101
magneta lane

SelphieT
L7 is an all girl band, Kittie is an all girl band.........

Hole has all girls except for one guy.......

The Distillers, Garbage, and No Doubt have their lead singer as a girl, while having the rest of the band guys.

Bardock42
You should maybe find some songs by PJ Harvey. She rocks.

Roulette
Lacuna Coil & Little Birdy have lead female vocalists.

Slay
Originally posted by Imaginary
Played? Or will just vocals do?
It says played by girls, so I guess a song played by girls is what he/she wants...

crazy_c
Jack off jill, The yeah yeah yeahs, The like, Babes in Toyland, Blondie, The Dresden Dolls!!!

BornToRule
Originally posted by sugarrogue
I need some rock or metal songs, played by girls. Have anny ideas, plz tell me. wink

nighwish? they had tarja singin and rest of band was guys confused

masterkit
Aly & AJ

sugarrogue
Originally posted by Slay
It says played by girls, so I guess a song played by girls is what he/she wants...

Dosen't realy matter, it's just cause my i-pod is full of guy songs and i need girl songs. i have some Frou Frou and Evenessancee but that's it.

Nellinator
Fiona Apple, Lacuna Coil, and Heart are all good.
I really like Mother Mother by Tracy Bonham. Heartbreaker by Pat Benetar is a classic and a must have.

bogen
killing hidie

amity75
The Iron Maidens.

dani_california
Los Abandoned

Lana
I'll just repeat some of the suggestions given here already...Garbage, Sleater-Kinny, L7, Dresden Dolls, PJ Harvey, Lacuna Coil, Yeah Yeah Yeahs.

luv*kiedis
Stevie Nicks is good

Deathblow
Cocteau Twins, Portishead, The Birthday Massacre, Kidneythieves, The Breeders, Auf Der Maur.

The Core
Threads kinda old, but..

Otep, Crisis, Genitorturers, Tura Santana, Arch Enemy, and Walls of Jericho all come to mind.

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by The Core
Threads kinda old, but..

Otep, Crisis, Genitorturers, Tura Santana, Arch Enemy, and Walls of Jericho all come to mind. Originally posted by crazy_c
Jack off jill, The yeah yeah yeahs, The like, Babes in Toyland, Blondie, The Dresden Dolls!!! Originally posted by Deathblow
Cocteau Twins, Portishead, The Birthday Massacre, Kidneythieves, The Breeders, Auf Der Maur. Originally posted by Lana
I'll just repeat some of the suggestions given here already...Garbage, Sleater-Kinny, L7, Dresden Dolls, PJ Harvey, Lacuna Coil, Yeah Yeah Yeahs. Originally posted by Nellinator
Fiona Apple, Lacuna Coil, and Heart are all good.
I really like Mother Mother by Tracy Bonham. Heartbreaker by Pat Benetar is a classic and a must have.

With a few exceptions, a timely reminder of why girls and rock tend not to mix. One of which being Portishead, who aren't rock anyway.

The Core
Out of all the aforementioned bands, I think Chibi (TBM) and Fiona Apple stand out, even if her last two albums are just..weird.

Deathblow
Liz Fraser (Cocteau Twins) is probably my favorite female vocalist ever. She sounds like a fairy or pixie or something she's incredible.

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by Deathblow
Liz Fraser (Cocteau Twins) is probably my favorite female vocalist ever. She sounds like a fairy or pixie or something she's incredible.

The lack of a comma made it seem like you genuinely got excited as you were typing that.

My favourites are Joanna Newsom, PJ Harvey, Tori Amos, Joni Mitchell, Kate Bush, and Martina Topley-Bird.

Only PJ is really rock, though.

The Core
Almost forgot The Sounds.

http://myspace-186.vo.llnwd.net/00017/68/10/17380186_l.jpg

Fronted by Maja Ivarrson.

Alpha Centauri
I think Chibi of TBM just has a good enough voice to do what she needs to, and it is really nice, but nothing exceptionally good about it. She sounds better live.

My favourite right now is Norah Jones.

-AC

The Core
I think Norah Jones has been consistanly better than Fiona Apple. I never gave her (Norah) much of a listen, but really liked what I heard. I'm still on the fence when it comes to Cat Power, who's like a Fiona clone, IMO..and Joss Stone.

Alpha Centauri
I hate Joss Stone. She's a singer for people who think overexaggerating is good, like Brock Lindow from 36 Crazyfists (Though I liked Bloodwork when I heard it on the radio).

Norah Jones is great.

-AC

Solo
be your own PET

The Dark Cloud
L7 is good but nobody beats the original all female metal band...The Runaways

Darth Truculent
Try Skillet . . . the backing vocals is Korey Cooper. IMO, she has one of the best female vocalists I've heard lately.
Example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXE0MOzI-vQ

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.