Thoughts on John Carpenter's They Live??

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

charlyboy
I seen this movie back in '88.... and was blown away by the whole concept and how badass this film was, roddy piper was cast perfect and dont get me started on that fight scene in the middle of the film, talk about a rude awakening, hey, or talk about falling through the window down 40 feet and then down a hill, just has some hilarious parts, one of JC's most underrated films, and a trivia question for you, the security use scanners that resemble what from a movie starring dan ackroyd??

Wolfie
They Live is my personal favorite JC film. It's hokey, fun, badass, and has a great social commentary.

vintageSW77
Another classic.
With one of the greatest lines ever

'I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.'

Ultraman Baltan
I haven't seen it in so long that I completely forgot about the storyline(besides the glasses).

Deano
one of my favourite carpenter films. it mirrors real life in so many ways.

i sometimes wish someone would develop special glasses so people could wear them and wake up.big grin

Koenig
I remember it for the longest punch up scene lasting near on 10 minutes.

Put the glasses on.

Röland
Great movie!

pr1983
Ive only seen this once, years ago, and yet i still to this day have fond memories of it...

cool movie...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.