Hulk versus Absorbing Man

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

masterbruce
fight in NYC

DigiMark007
Absorbing Man should probably win. Like becoming water and drowning the hulk by entering his lungs. That sort of thing. But he's probably too dumb to pull it out.

Accel
Pretty much. Creel definitely has the powerset to win (he really shouldn't lose to any one who's a pure brick), but he's too dumb to realize that.

Horrificus
Until Creel learns more about his powers he will continue to lose.
But, man! He is a cool character.

long pig
He's not that dumb.

They've fought plenty of times, AM always beats the hell out of Hulk and then CIS kicks in and he turns into glass. But, he always kicks his ass 99% of the fight.

Creel can be Hulk if he wants, he just touches Hulk and he gets his durability and strength.

Horrificus
So funny, and so true!
How many times do you think that Creel has turned into glass?
laughing

long pig
I know of 4 times. Twice into cardboard and once into stirofoam as well.

AM is a big old potential having sod if there ever was one, remember though, back in his second appearance, he stormed Asgard, beat nearly everyone there and stalemated Odin.

Odin finally had to teleport Creel away because he was just too much to take.

DigiMark007
And Loki created him. Go Loki.

cool

The_Barbarian
Originally posted by Horrificus
Until Creel learns more about his powers he will continue to lose.
But, man! He is a cool character.

How many times must it be explained to you?

The debates that take place here, are not based on the historical events within the comic book world. These are hypothetical scenarios, and the outcomes are based on each combatants powers and abilities.

DigiMark007
Not necessarily.

The forum rules actually states that CIS can be a valid argument because it's an inherent part of the character, just like intelligence is inherent to many smart characters.

It's PIS that's frowned upon.

Accel
Originally posted by long pig
I know of 4 times. Twice into cardboard and once into stirofoam as well.

AM is a big old potential having sod if there ever was one, remember though, back in his second appearance, he stormed Asgard, beat nearly everyone there and stalemated Odin.

Odin finally had to teleport Creel away because he was just too much to take.
I got the impression Odin was just going easy on him because he wanted to see his intentions. Even Creel admitted he was going easy on him.

long pig
Originally posted by DigiMark007
And Loki created him. Go Loki.

cool
Well, Loki used magic that he got from someone who was nearly equal to Odin and he used it on Creel. It's like me saying I can lift elevators because I can press the "Up" button.
Originally posted by The_Barbarian
How many times must it be explained to you?

The debates that take place here, are not based on the historical events within the comic book world. These are hypothetical scenarios, and the outcomes are based on each combatants powers and abilities.
Calm down, sometimes people allow CIS into threads to make it interesting. This thread wouldn't be interesting at all if AM was a genius. A genius Creel is unbeatable.

long pig
Originally posted by Accel
I got the impression Odin was just going easy on him because he wanted to see his intentions. Even Creel admitted he was going easy on him.
I don't remember that part. I remember Creel shouting "I'm taking over Asgard!" and wasting anyone who tries to stop him, including Thor. He races up into Odin's room and Thor pleads to Odin not to fight Creel because Creel may be too dangerous.

Odin blasts at Creel but he just absorbs them and Thor tells Odin that Creel can absorb anything so no matter what you throw at him, it only makes him more powerful. Odin confronts Creel and offers him some artifact, when Creel grabs it he gets teleported away along with Loki.

That still wasn't a great showing of power, Creel could have rushed Asgard at lightspeed if he only wanted to.

Accel
I don't remember that part. I remember Creel shouting "I'm taking over Asgard!" and wasting anyone who tries to stop him, including Thor. He races up into Odin's room and Thor pleads to Odin not to fight Creel because Creel may be too dangerous.

Odin blasts at Creel but he just absorbs them and Thor tells Odin that Creel can absorb anything so no matter what you throw at him, it only makes him more powerful. Odin confronts Creel and offers him some artifact, when Creel grabs it he gets teleported away along with Loki.

That still wasn't a great showing of power, Creel could have rushed Asgard at lightspeed if he only wanted to.
It's right here. Odin shows how easily he could incapacitate Creel and Loki, reveals it was a charade on his part, and simply blinks them away. Creel admits Odin was just toying with him.

http://img74.imageshack.us/img74/1433/journeyintomystery123124jo.th.jpg

The_Barbarian
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Not necessarily.

The forum rules actually states that CIS can be a valid argument because it's an inherent part of the character, just like intelligence is inherent to many smart characters.

It's PIS that's frowned upon.

Logic Fallacy of Appeal to Authority

A logical conclusion given by one who has valid authority; i.e., a forum moderator, is not automatically considered sound, despite the premise of the assumed conclusion being administered by the valid authority.

Moreover, regardless of those being the valid rules of this forum -- it still does not mean that those same rules are valid or sound in any other forum, e.g., comic book resources forum.

Horrificus

A logical conclusion given by one who has valid authority; i.e., a forum moderator, is not automatically considered sound, despite the premise of the assumed conclusion being administered by the valid authority.

Moreover, regardless of those being the valid rules of this forum -- it still does not mean that those same rules are valid or sound in any other forum, e.g., comic book resources forum.

Dude, did you take yer ritalin today?

What the hell is wrong with you? Are you just floating around the message boards starting trouble, with a dictionary in one hand and a philosphy book in the other?

Holy crap.

Hey everybody, this guy is doing this same crap in other threads as well.

Hey buddy, please, try the Nick at Night site. Maybe you can pick a nice argument about Hannah Montana or something!
This is for fun in here.

SpunkySmurph

What the f**k?

You can go ahead and so calmly explain to me what your point was. You're correct, if we were arguing in the commics resources forum, Absorbing Man would win Ten Billion out of Ten. But guess what? eek! eek! eek! We're still in this forum! This forum, where CIS is valid, because we're not arguing whether a character's POWERS can beat another characters, we're arguing whether a CHARACTER can beat another CHARACTER. Therefore, scans showing a characters general reactions, level of intelligence, etc. are all valid and pertinent to this discussion.

And what was the definition for? Are you saying Digi was attempting to assert his authority and say that whatever his stated opinion was was correct because he's a mod?

long pig
Originally posted by Accel
It's right here. Odin shows how easily he could incapacitate Creel and Loki, reveals it was a charade on his part, and simply blinks them away. Creel admits Odin was just toying with him.

http://img74.imageshack.us/img74/1433/journeyintomystery123124jo.th.jpg
I have the reprints. Still, Creel was a threat to Odin, even Odin realized and he outsmarted Creel.

Odin teleporting someone away who just wrecked his city, absorbed his initial blast attack and took down his guards is more of a sign of desperation than toying.

Yes, like Odin and Creel said, Odin could teleport Creel away at anytime. And he could. But he obviously wasn't able to beat him in that comic without a BFR.

The_Barbarian
Dude, did you take yer ritalin today?

Horrificus -- this article describes your argument style perfectly.

SpunkySmurph
What the f**k?

I'm not sure whether to label him as David Richards, or just as Cocky, Pushy and Dumb

grey fox

Definition of The Barbarian -

N00B

An insult describing a person who is not only lacking in knowledge of something, but also blatantly refuses to learn about it and even berates those who would benefit him with experience

The_Barbarian
Originally posted by grey fox
Definition of The Barbarian -

N00B

An insult describing a person who is not only lacking in knowledge of something, but also blatantly refuses to learn about it and even berates those who would benefit him with experience

Am I really now? confused

Well guess what?

The 'definition' of your behavior can clearly be defined by the Logic Fallacies of Ad Hominem Abusive, Poisoning the Well, Two Wrongs Make a Right, Appeal to Popularity, Slothful induction, and Hasty Generilization. roll eyes (sarcastic)

First, I have never insulted Horithicus. Yet it is he who has consistently insulted my style of debate, ridiculing it as 'annoying' and 'silly' - because I choose to use 'latin' prefixed debate terms and 'philosophy' whilst debating in a 'comic book forum.'

Second, rather than engage me in intelligent discussion, you blatantly insinuate that valid/relevant evidence given by myself is 'insulting', i.e. fanboy, whilst 'insulting' my novice status on this forum, i.e. noob, despite my obvious knowledge of 80's comic book characters and cartoons.

Moreover, if you believe me to be so 'lacking in knowledge', then the burden of proof would be on you to prove that you are more versed with 'knowledge' on stated topic. You have yet to do this, specifically as it pertains to this dicussion.

That being stated, perhaps now we can get back to the actual thread topic. Absorbing Man looses all of these battles, because of his lack of intellect and skill when using his abilities.

Horrificus

What a clown. There is nothing "Fanboy" about me. I just don't like YOU.

You are just nuts.
I can see where this would be very upsetting to some people.
You have been folowing me from post to post, trying to upset me or something.
The only feeling I am experiencing is pity for some crazy dork that gets picked on so much in the real world, that he has to come into a comic book forum, and harrass people, in order to feel as if he has some manner of control over his life.
Very sad.

Please know how crazy you seem to be.
And, feel free to report me. The "super hero" underwear comment was just my way of pointing out who the real"Fanboy" is.
Anybody that reads my posts will find that I am just responding to your attacks.

SpunkySmurph

Well guess what?

The 'definition' of your behavior can clearly be defined by the Logic Fallacies of Ad Hominem Abusive, Poisoning the Well, Two Wrongs Make a Right, Appeal to Popularity, Slothful induction, and Hasty Generilization. roll eyes (sarcastic)

First, I have never insulted Horithicus. Yet it is he who has consistently insulted my style of debate, ridiculing it as 'annoying' and 'silly' - because I choose to use 'latin' prefixed debate terms and 'philosophy' whilst debating in a 'comic book forum.'

Second, rather than engage me in intelligent discussion, you blatantly insinuate that valid/relevant evidence given by myself is 'insulting', i.e. fanboy, whilst 'insulting' my novice status on this forum, i.e. noob, despite my obvious knowledge of 80's comic book characters and cartoons.

Moreover, if you believe me to be so 'lacking in knowledge', then the burden of proof would be on you to prove that you are more versed with 'knowledge' on stated topic. You have yet to do this, specifically as it pertains to this dicussion.

That being stated, perhaps now we can get back to the actual thread topic. Absorbing Man looses all of these battles, because of his lack of intellect and skill when using his abilities.

Don't go on about how Horrificus comments on your so-called 'style of debate'. It isn't a style. The only thing you've done is insinuate derogatory things towards multiple members of the board simply for disagreeeing with you.

Hell, just look at that post. You spend 95% of it attempting to prove that your right in all of this (only accomplishing making yourself look like more of an ass), before attempting in some way to redeem yourself by, at the very end, loosley tieing whatever you've been spewing to the actual debate.

And don't ask for proof that anyone is "more versed with 'knowledge' on stated topic". You've BARELY proven your versed at all in 'said' knowledge.

In fact, the only thing you've truly proven is that you can look up latin terms. thumb up Congratulations!

don't shiv
absorbing sponge

grey fox

Well guess what?

You don't seem to understand barbarian , you ARE a N00b in the most basic of terms and aside from your (quite obvious) prattle you've done little to discourage the fact and in-fact have made yourself look more like an asshat.

Your N00bishness is blatant and obvious. You have but 23 posts and a days seniority yet your already quick to judge members whom have more sense and experience to deal with things in a sensible and normal manner (IE Pm) .

Or to put it in a more colloquial terms for the word challenged :

Shut up and quieten down before your idiocy starts infecting the others.

Wonder Man
I think this is a good fight because it pits the Hulk against another power which is similar to his own.
That is a hard combination to find in marvel.
Hulk is fuled by his strength which is ever increaseing and A-man is fuled by his absorbing which also has no limit.
Sorta like two unstopable forces running into eachother instead of an unstoppable force and an immovable object.
ill have to think about my decision. recent developments in the hulk comic have shown my the Hulk not only has great strength but great power as well. His powers seem to develope into stronger and stronger assets as he goes on.

Soljer
You don't seem to understand barbarian , you ARE a N00b in the most basic of terms and aside from your (quite obvious) prattle you've done little to discourage the fact and in-fact have made yourself look more like an asshat.

Your N00bishness is blatant and obvious. You have but 23 posts and a days seniority yet your already quick to judge members whom have more sense and experience to deal with things in a sensible and normal manner (IE Pm) .

Or to put it in a more colloquial terms for the word challenged :

Shut up and quieten down before your idiocy starts infecting the others.

The affectus vocis of your editio is male infensus.

Just because ipsemet arripio nous, doesn't mean you have to vituperium.

eek!!!

golem370

Horrificus
Originally posted by Soljer

eek!!!

Haha! did u actually know that already, or did u have to look it up?

so funny.

Soljer
Haha! did u actually know that already, or did u have to look it up?

so funny.

****ing latin classes.

long pig
There are way too many ways Creel can win, and hardly any ways he could lose. Without CIS, Hulk would lose 10/10.

Creel has all the advantages, he can boost his strength, become intangible, he can fly,he can grow thousands of feet tall, he can become unable to be harmed, he heals faster, he can turn into pure light and move at lightspeed, he's by far the smarter one and he's a good martial artist. Hulk, well, is Hulk.

What are Hulk's advantages? He can become stronger?
Not really, Creel is stronger than Hulk's average strength and when Hulk gets mad, Creel simply touches Hulk and his own body gets more powerful as it is. Hell, seeing how durable Hulk's pants are, Creel could just take the durability of that. AM as unstable molecules would be badass.

Dinalfos

Not really, Creel is stronger than Hulk's average strength

What the **** are you talking about?

Horrificus
I guess AM's strength depends on what he has absorbed.

Smartest thing would be for him to keep a packet with a little piece of adamantium in his pocket.

Maybe Uru.

Dinalfos

Smartest thing would be for him to keep a packet with a little piece of adamantium in his pocket.

Maybe Uru.

Yes.

grey fox
Originally posted by Soljer

eek!!!

There are people a HELL of a lot more hostile then me on here Soljer. My reply is relatively tame comparatively.

Soljer
There are people a HELL of a lot more hostile then me on here Soljer. My reply is relatively tame comparatively.

I wasn't saying that you were being hostile, rather, I was just pointing out the Barbarian's attempts to raise himself above others by using colloquially unused phrases.

Horrificus

Yeah. That Barbarian guy was following me from thread to thread, for some reason, trying to pick an arguement.
Then, he started with others.
Nothing about you Fox. Don't worry.

grey fox
Yeah. That Barbarian guy was following me from thread to thread, for some reason, trying to pick an arguement.
Then, he started with others.
Nothing about you Fox. Don't worry.

OH embarrasment

Damn shitty latin translators....

DevilGoblin
There are way too many ways Creel can win, and hardly any ways he could lose. Without CIS, Hulk would lose 10/10.

Creel has all the advantages, he can boost his strength, become intangible, he can fly,he can grow thousands of feet tall, he can become unable to be harmed, he heals faster, he can turn into pure light and move at lightspeed, he's by far the smarter one and he's a good martial artist. Hulk, well, is Hulk.

Not really, Creel is stronger than Hulk's average strength and when Hulk gets mad, Creel simply touches Hulk and his own body gets more powerful as it is. Hell, seeing how durable Hulk's pants are, Creel could just take the durability of that. AM as unstable molecules would be badass.

Even the weakest version of the hulk, the grey hulk, owned Creel...you are a patetic liar, but everyone knows it laughing out loud

Grey Hulk wins 8-9/10

any other version wins 10/10

Long Pig please keeps on posting here and thanks for the laugh (everytime you post, you make us laugh, please don't stop...)

DevilGoblin

shut the **** up liar

Mr. Fixit takes on the Absorbing Man during the day. IH #348
http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/8937/creel1a5ww.jpg
http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/5962/creel1b4lb.jpg

Creel then absorbs strength from a mob of guys and leaps after Hulk...

http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/2140/creel1c8mk.jpg
http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/8621/creel1d9cr.jpg
http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/6148/creel1e6yi.jpg
http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/2296/creel1f8qk.jpg
http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/1628/creel1g7kp.jpg
http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/3316/creel1h5qk.jpg
http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/2117/creel1i9ns.jpg
http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/5362/creel1j9dm.jpg

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.