Remember Remember the 5th of November

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

AOR
Remember Remember the 5th of November the gunpowder treason and plot. And I know of no reason, why the gunpowder treason should ever be forgot.

Good evening, KMC. Allow me first to apologize for this interruption. I do, like many of you, appreciate the comforts of every day routine- the security of the familiar, the tranquility of repetition. I enjoy them as much as any bloke. But in the spirit of commemoration, thereby those important events of the past usually associated with someone's death or the end of some awful bloody struggle, a celebration of a nice holiday, I thought we could mark this November the 5th, a day that is sadly no longer remembered, by taking some time out of our daily lives to sit down and have a little chat. There are of course those who do not want us to speak. I suspect even now, orders are being shouted into telephones, and men with guns will soon be on their way. Why? Because while the truncheon may be used in lieu of conversation, words will always retain their power. Words offer the means to meaning, and for those who will listen, the enunciation of truth. And the truth is, there is something terribly wrong with this country, isn't there? Cruelty and injustice, intolerance and oppression. And where once you had the freedom to object, to think and speak as you saw fit, you now have censors and systems of surveillance coercing your conformity and soliciting your submission. How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror. I know why you did it. I know you were afraid. Who wouldn't be? War, terror, disease. There were a myriad of problems which conspired to corrupt your reason and rob you of your common sense. Fear got the best of you, and in your panic you turned to the now high chancellor, Adam Sutler. He promised you order, he promised you peace, and all he demanded in return was your silent, obedient consent. Last night I sought to end that silence. Last night I destroyed the Old Bailey, to remind this country of what it has forgotten. More than four hundred years ago a great citizen wished to embed the fifth of November forever in our memory. His hope was to remind the world that fairness, justice, and freedom are more than words, they are perspectives. So if you've seen nothing, if the crimes of this government remain unknown to you then I would suggest you allow the fifth of November to pass unmarked. But if you see what I see, if you feel as I feel, and if you would seek as I seek, then I ask you to stand beside me one year from tonight, outside the gates of Parliament, and together we shall give them a fifth of November that shall never, ever be forgot.

-AOR
Sheriff

Kongu Dude
Too much to read. nerd_smart

AOR
Originally posted by Kongu Dude
Too much to read. nerd_smart

why don't you give it a shot wink

Kongu Dude
Originally posted by AOR
why don't you give it a shot wink
What is it about? nerd_cool

AOR

Read it and you'll find out.

Kongu Dude
I see. hmm

AOR
I see. hmm

I guessing you read it?

Kongu Dude
Yes I did. hmm

AOR
Yes I did. hmm

Good smile

silver_tears
I hope you get sued doped

Bardock42
Is the only verdict vengeance?

Ultraman Baltan
I liked that movie(V For Vendetta). Good read!

AOR
Originally posted by silver_tears

If in public application it is used under the sanction of IMDB, than I doubt I will doped

AOR
Originally posted by Bardock42
Is the only verdict vengeance?

When your name is V it is...

Bardock42
Originally posted by Ultraman Baltan
I liked that movie(V For Vendetta). Good read!

Yeah, even better read ...than watch..cause...it is better than the ovie..but the movie was good.

Slay
Complete V for Vendetta quote-ripoff.

AOR
Yeah, even better read ...than watch..cause...it is better than the ovie..but the movie was good.

I didn't really like the movie erm, it had some Kick @$$ lines and some choice scenes, but nothing to get too flustered about.

AOR
Originally posted by Slay
Complete V for Vendetta quote-ripoff.

I never claimed it was mine. Hell the freaking title gives it away roll eyes (sarcastic)

Kongu Dude

Slay

Kongu Dude
Wasa?

Slay
Wasa?
Of course.

Kongu Dude
laughing out loud

Bardock42
Hehehe, our neighbours are portrayed so funnily in our commercials. I count Sweden as neighbour by the way...cause we own (or should at least) Denmark..and.....stuff.

Kongu Dude
Hehehe, our neighbours are portrayed so funnily in our commercials. I count Sweden as neighbour by the way...cause we own (or should at least) Denmark..and.....stuff.
I see. hmm

Ich bein ien berliner. no expression

Bardock42
I see. hmm

Ich bein ien berliner. no expression

Hahah, yeah, exactly like that..hehe...too funny.

Kongu Dude
What did I say? blink

Slay
What did I say? blink
That you're from Berlin.

Ganz geil.

Kongu Dude
Ich naduch imbress. no expression

Slay

Alliance
Originally posted by AOR
Remember Remember the 5th of November the gunpowder treason and plot. And I know of no reason, why the gunpowder treason should ever be forgot.

-AOR
Sheriff

V sucks. Go away.

Thorinn
Originally posted by AOR

Good evening, KMC. Allow me first to apologize for this interruption. I do, like many of you, appreciate the comforts of every day routine- the security of the familiar, the tranquility of repetition. I enjoy them as much as any bloke. But in the spirit of commemoration, thereby those important events of the past usually associated with someone's death or the end of some awful bloody struggle, a celebration of a nice holiday, I thought we could mark this November the 5th, a day that is sadly no longer remembered, by taking some time out of our daily lives to sit down and have a little chat. There are of course those who do not want us to speak. I suspect even now, orders are being shouted into telephones, and men with guns will soon be on their way. Why? Because while the truncheon may be used in lieu of conversation, words will always retain their power. Words offer the means to meaning, and for those who will listen, the enunciation of truth. And the truth is, there is something terribly wrong with this country, isn't there? Cruelty and injustice, intolerance and oppression. And where once you had the freedom to object, to think and speak as you saw fit, you now have censors and systems of surveillance coercing your conformity and soliciting your submission. How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror. I know why you did it. I know you were afraid. Who wouldn't be? War, terror, disease. There were a myriad of problems which conspired to corrupt your reason and rob you of your common sense. Fear got the best of you, and in your panic you turned to the now high chancellor, Adam Sutler. He promised you order, he promised you peace, and all he demanded in return was your silent, obedient consent. Last night I sought to end that silence. Last night I destroyed the Old Bailey, to remind this country of what it has forgotten. More than four hundred years ago a great citizen wished to embed the fifth of November forever in our memory. His hope was to remind the world that fairness, justice, and freedom are more than words, they are perspectives. So if you've seen nothing, if the crimes of this government remain unknown to you then I would suggest you allow the fifth of November to pass unmarked. But if you see what I see, if you feel as I feel, and if you would seek as I seek, then I ask you to stand beside me one year from tonight, outside the gates of Parliament, and together we shall give them a fifth of November that shall never, ever be forgot.

-AOR
Sheriff V For Vendetta much? 13

Sanctuary
It's the fifth? I thought it was the fourth.. GRRR.

silver_tears
Originally posted by Sanctuary
It's the fifth? I thought it was the fourth.. GRRR.

petpet

Bardock42
Originally posted by Sanctuary
It's the fifth? I thought it was the fourth.. GRRR. Originally posted by silver_tears
petpet

Cool...now make out.

silver_tears
kthx doped

KILLA420
copyrights mean nothing to you?

AOR
Originally posted by KILLA420
copyrights mean nothing to you?

Considering I wasn't claiming it as my own, nope. Not in this case that is...

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by AOR

-AOR
Sheriff

Please tell me that this has something to do with Guy Fawkes failed attempt to blow up the English Parliament..........coz I ain't reading all that shit (well technically I wouldn't call it thatstick out tongue)

AOR
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
Please tell me that this has something to do with Guy Fawkes failed attempt to blow up the English Parliament..........coz I ain't reading all that shit (well technically I wouldn't call it thatstick out tongue)

Yes, but you lose the meaning if you don't see that we don't recognize (or atleast remember) the 5th of November

Badabing
Originally posted by AOR

-AOR
Sheriff
Copyright infringement! eek! I like it. cool

AOR
Originally posted by Badabing
Copyright infringement! eek! I like it. cool

Jeez what is it with you people and this copyright infringement? roll eyes (sarcastic) If I were to say, "Hey guys look what I made up" than it would be a copyright infringement stick out tongue

~B@ckB0n3~
Originally posted by silver_tears

AOR
Originally posted by ~B@ckB0n3~

Take the time to read, and you will have already seen that I adressed this misconception doped

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.