Hercules vs. Colossus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Wonder Man
This could be a good fight. Colossus years ago would have lost to Hercules. Today's Colossus is far stronger than before and more invulnerable.

DigiMark007
Fighting skill advantage is still huge in Herc's favor. I could see that being the difference.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Wonder Man
This could be a good fight. Colossus years ago would have lost to Hercules. Today's Colossus is far stronger than before and more invulnerable. You make good points. Colossus in the 70's and 80's would have been defeated by Hercules. But now that Colossus is at his physical peak he can hang with Herc. Some people still view Colossus as a teenager.

jrodslam
I dont think Herc has as big of the fighting edge as most may think. I think his wrestling/grappling is what helps him the most here IF it were to give him a win. Imma call it a split 5/5.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by jrodslam
I dont think Herc has as big of the fighting edge as most may think. I think his wrestling/grappling is what helps him the most here IF it were to give him a win. Imma call it a split 5/5. I was gonna say that also in my first post but I didn't know what kind of reaction I would have got. But yea you are right though.

Faceman
Well Herc, does beat Thor in Wrestling skills. You think Colossus can take out Thor wrestling?

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Faceman
Well Herc, does beat Thor in Wrestling skills. You think Colossus can take out Thor wrestling? Wrestling is just one aspect of fighting. As far as I know Colossus has not been trained in wrestling. So in just a wrestling match alone yea Herc. would win. But in this fight anything goes. Sh!t Thing held his own against Herc. in his solo series recently. And I think it was mortal Hercules also and he was wearing the lion pelt which amps his durabilty or so I heard.

thanospimphand
tin man takes a mean beatin in this one i'm afraid

jrodslam
Well actually snoop, Thing pretty much got his ass handed to him by Herc. But i do agree that wrestling is only part of fighting.

golem370

snoopdogg
Well actually snoop, Thing pretty much got his ass handed to him by Herc. But i do agree that wrestling is only part of fighting. Yea but if I remember right Thing didn't want to fight at first. But when he said his catch phrase he wacked Herc. a good one. Plus Herc. has the lion pelt on which I believe amps his durabilty or some sh!t.

snoopdogg

golem370
Is this not Hercules?

snoopdogg
Originally posted by golem370
Is this not Hercules? Post the whole scan. I think on the next page Jarvis tells him he's been known to stretch the truth. And Herc. has even admitted to be exaggerate his feats.

jrodslam
Originally posted by snoopdogg
Yea but if I remember right Thing didn't want to fight at first. But when he said his catch phrase he wacked Herc. a good one. Plus Herc. has the lion pelt on which I believe amps his durabilty or some sh!t.

True true. Youre 100% correct. Thing didint want to fight and he did giveHerc a good one. But after that, Herc gave him a wrestling move and was going in for the hurt on Ben. Ive never heard of the pelt before, so i dont quite know all the stats about it. You may be right though.

Faceman
What about the stamina factor? God > Colossus

golem370
He is stronger faster a better fighter and experiences

Grimm22
Herc ftw wink

8-9/10

Colossus has never been shown to have nearly as much skills as Hercules

And training in the danger room is no substitute for real experience big grin

air beardey
Originally posted by Grimm22
Herc ftw wink

8-9/10

Colossus has never been shown to have nearly as much skills as Hercules

And training in the danger room is no substitute for real experience big grin

disagreed big grin. the danger room is basically real life it wont be a matter of field experience .although hercs in durance maybe better then colossus' colossus has the steel skin whihc counts for somethign still i owuld have to say herc 6/10 just becuase of his fighting skills

Metalmanx
I dont think Herc has as big of the fighting edge as most may think. I think his wrestling/grappling is what helps him the most here IF it were to give him a win. Imma call it a split 5/5.

Zahit
Hercules wins 10/10. Period. The only thing Colossus has better
than Herc is skin hardness. That's it. Colossus will give him a good
fight, but there's no way Peter beats Hercules. No way.

Milkie
I don't even think think his skin is harder no expression

Galan777
Herc ftw

Grimm22
Originally posted by Zahit
Hercules wins 10/10. Period. The only thing Colossus has better
than Herc is skin hardness. That's it. Colossus will give him a good
fight, but there's no way Peter beats Hercules. No way.

I would say 8/10 erm

Herc is stronger, more skilled, has more experience, ect..

Colossus is tougher (willpower) and has more endurance, but thats it

Horrificus
Does anybody have scans of the old Marvel Universe books?

They used to list a scale of measurement for skin hardness of characters, in comparison to diamond or something.

I don't know if anybody else has ever seen this. But, for instance, I think Thor's skin was 2 X Diamond, etc.

Milkie
Go check out the Respect Threads

Zahit
Originally posted by Grimm22
I would say 8/10 erm

Herc is stronger, more skilled, has more experience, ect..

Colossus is tougher (willpower) and has more endurance, but thats it
nope.
Hercules is the physically toughest Olympian.
His endurance is such that he practically never tires.
FAR greater than Colossus!!!!!
I'm sure Colossus has good willpower, but does he have more
than an Olympian god??? HIGHLY debatable.

he's just outclassed all around here.
Hercules can beat Thor himself in pure Hand To Hand.

Horrificus
nope.

Where was it proven that Herc can best Thor h2h?
Iwould love to see that. I don't know if I have ever seen them really fight.

UniOmni
Herc is better than Colossus in everyway.

Much stronger, faster, durable.

The only thing Colossus has on him, is piercing durability.

Herc is just a few tiers above Colossus.

UniOmni
Originally posted by Horrificus
Where was it proven that Herc can best Thor h2h?
Iwould love to see that. I don't know if I have ever seen them really fight.

Blood Oath, iirc.

thedude1948
Hercules is pretty dumb, I think Colossus is smart enough to take 3 wins, maybe even 4 (maybe).

Grimm22
Originally posted by thedude1948
Hercules is pretty dumb, I think Colossus is smart enough to take 3 wins, maybe even 4 (maybe).

He's dumb?!?! What the f**k?

That's why he is second in command to the entire Greek Army right? laughing

Grimm22
nope.

Good point erm

snoopdogg
Who has Herc. defeated in a battle? I know Hulk has slapped him around a few times. I also know Wolverine gave Herc. some trouble and Colossus has tossed Wolverine around a few times. A teenage Colossus was able to beat Juggernaut down before a wall collapsed on him. The only thing that save Juggy was his uber-durability.

olympian
That was a hyperbole feat. He was talking sh!t I believe.
For the feat itself to be hyperbole, every single other labour has to be as well. Herc didnt adressed the feat in any particular way. He described the labours as a whole. And we know as a gact that the labours happened in continuity. It has been adressed on panel, on flasbacks, by the narrative and for those who like, on handbook types like the recent IM files about the secret avengers.

Jarvis did tell Herc was exageratting but it wasent in that page and about those feats. It was later when Herc was describing his battle with Thor.

About The lion pelt, it mainly helped him when he was mortal (pre-death) against the likes of fire, weapons, piercing damage, etc. Probably magic as well. It doesnt add much to the soak damage ability wich Herc always seemed to have higher than any other mortal, Imo.

Originally posted by thedude1948
Thats why even drunk, during the Avengers Siege he made another entrance to attack the MOE by surprise -because he knew if they wer there they would have traps set in- while Cap and Wasp, intelligently walked into the front door and got caugh...by a trap.

Who has Herc. defeated in a battle? I know Hulk has slapped him around a few times. I also know Wolverine gave Herc. some trouble and Colossus has tossed Wolverine around a few times. A teenage Colossus was able to beat Juggernaut down before a wall collapsed on him. The only thing that save Juggy was his uber-durability.
No one obviously. Any capability threads with him have only lucky wins and stalemates.

Dinalfos
Isn't Colossus a very, very low class 100? And by very, very, VERY low I mean around 200-250 tons, if not less? That's not going to win him battles against Herc, who's a top tier in the strength department.

Milkie
Sad Day For Colossus...

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Dinalfos
Isn't Colossus a very, very low class 100? And by very, very, VERY low I mean around 200-250 tons, if not less? That's not going to win him battles against Herc, who's a top tier in the strength department. Arkon is weaker than Colossus and he gave Herc. a good match. Herc. even wacked Arkon in the back of the head while he was walking away to start the fight. A teenage Colossus has humbled Arkon even while pulling his punches.

This fight is closer than some people think. Herc. may get the majority but it won't be easy at all.

Dinalfos
Arkon is weaker than Colossus and he gave Herc. a good match. Herc. even wacked Arkon in the back of the head while he was walking away to start the fight. A teenage Colossus has humbled Arkon even while pulling his punches.

This fight is closer than some people think. Herc. may get the majority but it won't be easy at all.

Was that immortal Herc? It seems a tad unlikely.

snoopdogg
Was that immortal Herc? It seems a tad unlikely. I think it was mortal.

Dinalfos
I think it was mortal.

Well, there you go. That fight doesn't matter, then.

snoopdogg
Well, there you go. That fight doesn't matter, then. Is this Immortal Herc.? It does not say so I'm assuming this is current versions of both characters. And to be technical Herc. may have been weaker when he fought Arkon but on the same token so was Colossus.

Dinalfos

snoopdogg
Here is a scan of Colossus pulling his punch and still knocking Arkon for a loop. And Arkon is considered a God.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/Colossus%20fights/ColossusandArkon.jpg

Faceman
Here is a scan of Colossus pulling his punch and still knocking Arkon for a loop. And Arkon is considered a God.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/Colossus%20fights/ColossusandArkon.jpg Isnt Arkon like a class 4- or 5 ?

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Faceman
Isnt Arkon like a class 4- or 5 ? He's Class 75 according to the handbooks.

Dinalfos
He's Class 75 according to the handbooks.

Although it was a pretty good scan, I think it's one of those 'comic book moments'. Most comic book writers ignore the stats in favour of a good fight.

Tony Stark

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/Colossus%20fights/ColossusandArkon.jpg

confused

Doesn't look like Colossus is pulling his punch in that pic... Does he state iit in a later page?

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Tony Stark
confused

Doesn't look like Colossus is pulling his punch in that pic... Does he state iit in a later page? Colossus states it in the next page.

olympian
Originally posted by Milkie
I don't even think think his skin is harder no expression
It is if we are discussing vs piercing damage. But thats about it.

hunbu04
There is no way colossus is as strong as hercules. Are u trying to say colossus is as strong as gladiator, thor, or hulk, because hercules strength level is on par with an enrage hulk, tthor, gladiator, and hyperion. Plus there is no way in hell is colossus skin harder than hercules skin which can withstand a full blast from nova and firelord a heat over 2,000,000 degree C

Grimm22
Originally posted by Tony Stark
confused

Doesn't look like Colossus is pulling his punch in that pic... Does he state iit in a later page?

Do you have to post a pic with everypost? What the f**k?

Stupid Rookie
Originally posted by hunbu04
There is no way colossus is as strong as hercules. Are u trying to say colossus is as strong as gladiator, thor, or hulk, because hercules strength level is on par with an enrage hulk, tthor, gladiator, and hyperion. Plus there is no way in hell is colossus skin harder than hercules skin which can withstand a full blast from nova and firelord a heat over 2,000,000 degree C

I have to agree with you here. In a well writen comic Herc should definitly win.

DarkCrawler
Herculers wins 8/10 IMO.

tkitna
Hercules 10/10. He is everything Colossus is but more everywhere.

snoopdogg
I wish they would have drawn a few more panels of Colossus fight with Immortal Hercules in the Infinity War crossover.

olympian
How was that one?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.