Anybody seen Halloween wide screen version?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mr Parker
I saw it about a week ago.If your a huge Halloween fan like myself,you will want to try and find it listed in the tv guide section around Halloween if you havent seen it because it has footgae that was not shot for the original theatrical release.It has 12 additional minutes of film that were later added on when they were filming Halloween 2 because they needed additional footage to show when they were showing the original Halloween movie on broadcast tv since they had to cut out the nude scenes and some of the violent scenes.That being the case,they didnt have enough airtime to show the movie on broadcast tv when it was first broadcast so they shot additional footage so they would.

The additional footage they shot and added on was Dr Loomis talking to the board of directors there begging them to reconsider keeping Michael Myers there at a minimum security and putting him in a maximun security prison.In this version,you see Loomis talk to michael as a kid briefly before they go there to pick him up as an adult on that wet rainy night.Later we then see him visit the place and go to the room where he broke out of and you get to see where he writes sister on his door.a great idea because we learn in those new scenes more about his relationship to Laurie strode and his influence over the other patients there he had.Great to have if your a huge halloween fan such as myself. thumb up

also in this version,you get to read a lot of information about the obstacles the crew faced while making this low budget film back then.

The Core
TV version of the film isn't much different. There's a little backstory, but nothing you couldn't have gathered on your own. I owned it for a short time.

Mr Parker
the backstory to it is pretty cool though. thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.