What would it take for Batman to give up?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Entity
What would have to happen for the dark knight to quit or to break his spirit. Just how horrible would things have to be in order for The Batman to finally throw in the towel and just give up.

Can anything do it, and if so what?

NiņoAraņa
someone chops off his nads, and his member..

Entity
Doesn't he have enough sexual frustration

NiņoAraņa
Originally posted by Entity
Doesn't he have enough sexual frustration exactly

Grimm22
I wouldn't put Bats willpower up there with Cap's or Thing's or Hal's erm

But, it would take a lot to make Bruce just stop trying

Validus
He seemed pretty close to that point in IC so I guess it would take worldwide destruction. . .

Grimm22
Originally posted by Validus
He seemed pretty close to that point in IC so I guess it would take worldwide destruction. . .

or the abandonment of all his friends and allies erm

Entity
What about how low he started to get when Bane broke his back, imagine if something else had happened with that.

SpunkySmurph
What about how low he started to get when Bane broke his back, imagine if something else had happened with that.

Like what Nino suggested?

NiņoAraņa
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
Like what Nino suggested? i mean, i wouldn't want to continue living if i had no member or nads.....and imagine if you were a playboy who just shagged on your *no batman* time

Wally West
I don't think he'd ever really give up. If someone like the Joker killed Alfred and Dick Grayson, that might push him really close though.

willRules
Why are we all assuming it would have to be a bad thing that makes him stop? Maybe he has a son who continues in Daddy's footsteps or better yet he could quit because goodness forbid, he might actually win his war on Gotham's criminals......

NiņoAraņa
Originally posted by willRules
Why are we all assuming it would have to be a bad thing that makes him stop? Maybe he has a son who continues in Daddy's footsteps or better yet he could quit because goodness forbid, he might actually win his war on Gotham's criminals...... doubt that, maybe the first one might work, having a son, but there's always going to be criminals....

NoFate007
Death of Clark, Dick, Barbara, Alfred, Gordon, etc + Abandonment from everyone else in the Justice League + Joker's death + old age.

Why did I pick those?...

1. Without the "Bat-Family", Bruce is totally alone, and the next people to branch out from are Gordon and Clark. Take Gordon out, you take out Batman's hold over the corrupt police bureau, and if you take Clark out, you give Batman a load of responsibilities on top of feeling bad about everything that's been going on.

2. If the JLA was to disband and not trust him after such events, he would be TOTALLY on his own 100%. Bruce Wayne vs the world, basically.

3. The Joker gives Batman a reason to fight - a sort of goal to achieve. If The Joker was killed, Batman would cease to be as big of a hero, and it would get to him after a while. He would start to feel useless and hate himself.

4. He's not superhuman. Old age can take the guy down. As good as Batman is, I don't think Bruce will be fighting when he's 90.

Rewmac
What would take Batman to give up?

Maybe Broly? big grin
Or a night together in a room with Wolverine.

DigiMark007
Hostess Twinkies.

Works for every other hero. Why not Bats?

Superherovandal
Bats has a quite a big will. One of the tops in comics no doubt especially considering he's totally human.

Galan777
What would have to happen for the dark knight to quit or to break his spirit. Just how horrible would things have to be in order for The Batman to finally throw in the towel and just give up.

Can anything do it, and if so what? I'd say bats would give up the crime fighting biz if he was fighting the joker, and the funny man threw shit on him....

cuz thats just grose..... sick

willRules

Entity
Originally posted by willRules
There's always going to be criminals, that doesn't mean there will always be criminals in Gotham yes It's an unlikely feat but hey it's a comic book, it's unlikely a guy will run around with underwear on over his trousers anyway big grin

Yea, but Batman is kinda obsessed with crime even if Gotham did somehow become crime free, which i greatly doubt, he would just move in on Bludhaven or New York and get in Dick's turf or somewhere else. It will take more than lack of criminals to keep him from looking for them.

olympian
Alfred telling him that hes grounded for a whole month. Enough with the nigth outs.

_Rare_Fox_

Can anything do it, and if so what?

For you to shut up.

geshien
if batman accidentally caused the death of a large sum of people while in a fight with a villian (ie. the joker). also the more gruesome the harsher the effect. like a fire.

i think he'd hang up the ol mask and cape for good after that.

Entity
Originally posted by geshien
if batman accidentally caused the death of a large sum of people while in a fight with a villian (ie. the joker). also the more gruesome the harsher the effect. like a fire.

i think he'd hang up the ol mask and cape for good after that.

Good one didn't think of that.

SpunkySmurph
Or if Bats caused the death of a friend, or friends

Tron
I think they hit this question pretty well with the first episode of Batman Beyond. Batman had gotten older, Dick and Barbara had quit, he didn't allow Tim to be Robin, it was a pretty sure bet that Alfred had died by that point, Bruce was officially alone. His body finally reached that point when it started to give out on him when he needed it most, and it took him raising a gun just to defend himself. I'd say that's reason enough for him to hang up the cowl.

invisiblewoman
i agree i think old age would be the cause!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.