The Chosen One

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dessel
I've been meaning to make this thread for a while, so here goes.

1. Where has it been confirmed that Anakin Skywalker is The Chosen One?

2. Where has it been confirmed that Anakin or The Chosen One has the most potential ever?

3. Where has it been confirmed that Luke has the exact same potential as Anakin?

Darth Sexy
Originally posted by Dessel

2. Where has it been confirmed that Anakin or The Chosen One has the most potential ever?

3. Where has it been confirmed that Luke has the exact same potential as Anakin?

NEC/GL
NEC
GL

Dessel
NEC is written by an author inside the SW universe, his word is fallibe, and shouldn't be used as the sole source, especially on such a subject. And where did GL confirm it? I have yet to see it.

Darth Sexy
No, the NEC is not fallible and is NOT written in universe. The NEC contains everything from the hundred year darkness to the Vong invasion. In many of his interviews GL confirms Anakin is the chosen one with the highest potential ever, and so does the NEC.

Dessel
No, the NEC is written by a character inside the SW universe. You don't even have it Sexy, stop lying.

And you do realise that just saying 'Lucas confirmed it' isn't sufficient to act as proof, right? I want an exact quote, where exactly did he say this, and could you possibly provide proof.

ESB -1138
RotS Special Features has (and I quote) "Take an inside look at the tragedy of Anakin Skywalker as he transforms into Darth Vader in the exclusive featurette 'Chosen One'"

And Lucas says "Anakin is the Chosen One and even when he becomes Darth Vader he is still the Chosen One."

Advent

1. George Lucas has stated that he is, in fact, the Chosen One. On numerous occasions actually. And it's obvious that "fulfilling the prophecy" equates to being the Chosen One.

"...which brings us up to films IV, V, and VI where Anakin's offspring redeem him and allow him to fulfill the prophecy where he brings balance to the Force by doing away with the Sith and getting rid of evil in the universe."

-- George Lucas, A New Hope Special Edition, VHS.

As well, on the most recent RotS DVD, there is a second disc that contains documentaries and bonus material. One of them is called the Chosen One. Lucas confirms that Anakin is the Chosen One in that. He says it's because he destroys Sidious in RotJ, and in the process he kills Darth Vader (basically himself). So, the prophecy is fulfilled.

George Lucas has said something similar in a Rolling Stone interview.

"There is a hint in the movie that there was a Sith Lord who had the power to create life. But it's left unsaid: Is Anakin a product of a super-Sith who influenced the Midichlorians to create him, or is he simply created by the Midichlorians to bring forth a prophecy, or was he created by the Force through the Midichlorians? It's left up to the audience to decide. How he was born ultimately has no relationship to how he dies, because in the end, the prophecy is true: Balance comes back to the Force."

-- George Lucas, Rolling Stone Magazine, June 2005.

As well, I believe the TPM novel also plainly outright states it. I'd hope all of this is suitable evidence for you.

2. The NEC confirms that. And while it is written in universe, it's pretty asinine to just throw it away with what all we know. Anakin is the Chosen One. I believe Escape has a quote that states his potential exceeds Sidious' own by double. From that, I really don't see anyone coming close.

However, at the moment I can't find any direct sources that you would take, so I'll continue looking. But, this is pretty obvious in my eyes.

3. Nowhere. Some people purely speculate from a statement made by George Lucas in a Rolling Stone interview. I've debated this numerous times, and nothing indicates such.

So, basically there has been no confirmation.

And Sexy, while I'd agree that it's ridiculous to assume the NEC is "fallible" (or rather not a source to go on), it is written from an in universe perspective. The narrator is Voren Na'al.

EDIT:

Or for Anakin being the Chosen One, just refer to ESB's post above, lol.

Dessel
1. But how can Anakin really be the chosen one if the sith returned?

2. The fact remains, tNEC is written from an in-universe perspective, so it cannot be used as a sole source. In fact I'd like to know how this Voren Na'al knows half the stuff written in it, he most probably made most of it up.

3. As I thought, Subject seems to think that it was confirmed elsewhere too.

Advent

2. The fact remains, tNEC is written from an in-universe perspective, so it cannot be used as a sole source. In fact I'd like to know how this Voren Na'al knows half the stuff written in it, he most probably made most of it up.

3. As I thought, Subject seems to think that it was confirmed elsewhere too.

1. I don't know, but he has been confirmed as the Chosen One by George Lucas on numerous occasions (recent, too), so it's whatever. He has also been confirmed to bring Balance back to the Force, so again - whatever.

2. Dessel, I'm not arguing that.

In any case, that's a pretty ridiculous and unsupported comment to say. How Voren Na'al knows this hasn't been brought to my attention (rather I didn't look into it). My guess: holocrons, scrolls, etc. He's a historian. I doubt how Star Wars passes history down through the ages is much different from how we do it IRL.

And he definitely didn't make much up given that the majority of it is dead on. I've yet to read something that doesn't have some supporting facts. And when I say that I'm mainly referring to things that aren't addressed completely in other sources.

3.) It's not been confirmed elsewhere. I believe Lightsnake was the one who originally brought that surface. I argued this with Lightsnake on another forum, the quote he was referencing is this:

"From then on, he wasn't as strong as the Emperor -- he was like Darth Maul or Count Dooku. He wasn't what he was supposed to become. But the son could become that."

-- George Lucas, Excerpted from RS 975; June 2, 2005.

While this may seem to imply that Luke could become what Anakin didn't, I believe it's just that. The most powerful ever, or even just the most powerful Jedi. Not that he has the same potential in terms of equally Anakin in power.

Escape81
When did the Prophecy ever state that "balance" would be permenant? The Sith came back because Palpatine's essence fled to a clone body. Lumiya addresses this in LotF. She doesn't consider DE Palpatine to be a true Sith (like Vader and RotJ Palpatine were), but simply a clone with all of Palpatine's Sith teachings and techniques hardwired into it.

Dessel
Good point, it's weird, I always remembered the propechy as saying that the chosen one would destroy the sith for good, but perhaps not.

Darth Subjekt
Have you seen any more sith in a movie? NO you haven't. Anything else is EU and not part of the whole canon continuity. He is the chosen one, if you don't like it, then don't believe it. And if you won't accept what people tell you, then don't bother asking. If you're so confident in your ability to choose what's canon and what's not, then make your own Dessel SW universe and live and be happy in there. The featurette called "The Chosen One" should have tipped you off, GL's audio commentary should have tipped you off, there's nothing higher than GL's word, and those words flowed from his flannel clad mouth...yes he wears flannel on his mouth, he just disguises it as a beard and mustache.

ESB -1138

The sith cannot return. If the EU does have new sith after Palpatine it isn't cannon because it like this: their is a master and an apprentice. apprentice becomes the master and takes on a new apprentice and so on and so forth so the sith ways remain. But Palpatine and Vader both died meaning no more sith meaning their cannot be any new sith only dark Jedi.

xxxpoppunker182
Originally posted by ESB -1138
The sith cannot return. If the EU does have new sith after Palpatine it isn't cannon because it like this: their is a master and an apprentice. apprentice becomes the master and takes on a new apprentice and so on and so forth so the sith ways remain. But Palpatine and Vader both died meaning no more sith meaning their cannot be any new sith only dark Jedi.

that's not entirely true cause that sith mandate was put into practice by darth Bane and LOTF is Connon and jacen will turn into a sith. the reason the sith come back is because what else would happen in the starwars universe? if you look at the enitre timeline of what happens either darkside is almost whiped out or the jedi are all but finished. and each side gets revived through one way or another.

Darth Subjekt
well in the EU Boba Fett's still alive...not canon. And how do you figure LoTF is CANON? It's actually EU, and yes as far as we were told by GL, Anakin fulfilled the prophesy, case closed, end of discussion. Anakin is the chosen one. There's no room for interpretation here, at all.

S_W_LeGenD
Anakin was indeed "The Chosen One"!

Remember that his purpose was to "bring balance to the force" and he accomplished that purpose.

Actually "Dark Side" was stronger then the "Light Side" as it was clearly indicated by Yoda that "Dark Side" was clouding every event.

Thus to restore balance to the force: (DS = LS) situation was to be created and to accomplish that, Sidious was to be destroyed.

Darth Subjekt
eh, the darkside wasnt stronger per se, it was just that Sidious was so powerful that he was clouding the Jedi's vision. And in TPM, the reason Yoda couldnt see Anakin's future, is because Anakin had to make a choice, and it kinda goes to what the Oracle told Neo (yes i know its a different movie) but we cant see see past the choices we don't understand, and Anakin at that point, obviously hadn't made that choice. The Jedi, in and of themselves, balance the force, the Sith just look to use the force for dark purposes, hence the unbalance. The force as i understand it, is neither light nor dark, its just how it's used as to how its defined.

xxxpoppunker182
Originally posted by Darth Subjekt
well in the EU Boba Fett's still alive...not canon. And how do you figure LoTF is CANON? It's actually EU, and yes as far as we were told by GL, Anakin fulfilled the prophesy, case closed, end of discussion. Anakin is the chosen one. There's no room for interpretation here, at all.

just because it's EU doesnt mean it's NOn-cannon. boba comeing back is canon.

Darth Subjekt
no its not. Lucas has confirmed this. And thats exactly what EU mean.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.